Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resurgence

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Resurgence Empty
PostSubject: Resurgence   Resurgence I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:04 am

It's not required, really, but it helps me both understand what I did well and what needs improvement. This thing was a cool learning experience. I learned what works and what doesn't for me as a match writer. Next show should be better for sure.

Anyway. Content-wise, what stuck out as really good? What's something I can improve on?

Or just tell me the show was fucking amazing and I'm awesome for writing it. I'll accept that too, I guess.

Hope you enjoyed it, I had a blast doing this first show, and you guys did some phenomenal work. Thanks for making this happen.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Magnus Colt

Magnus Colt

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Resurgence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurgence   Resurgence I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 2:57 am

Note: My feedback will be more based on personal preference and taste rather just stating simplistic opinions. In other words I'll be going into a decent amount of detail regarding how I see the show. I'll also be grading the show based on many factors and rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 depending on what I like and what could be worked on. The categories for each factor are as follows:

Opening:

Commentary:

Segments/Commercials:

The matches: (Each one will be graded individually)

Overall:

With that let's get to it.

Opening: Very solid, love the symbolism and the use of gravestones depicting the names of previous IWF competitors was a perfect way to represent the show and it's meaning.

Rating: 10/10

Commentary: Well the synergy between Corey and Johnny wasn't as strong as I'd hope, that said though they work a lot better than I would expect. Honestly I had expected more back and forth between these two but that's minor nip picking on my part. That said I do enjoy the moments when Corey goes crazy at the sight of violence as reestablishes the fact that while Corey one of the original owners of the company (for a time at least) and is considered the heart and soul of the company, he's still a psychopathic blood monger.

Rating: 8/10

Segments: The segments were good in that they served their purpose well enough. While I'll admit I was disappointed with the fact that there were no commercials used. Seemed like Chuck missed a good opportunity to do one of his "sex icon" stylized commercials and have the commentators react to it. I did like the fact that you brought back a classic in the form of David Lester who doesn't fail in showing just how much of a smuck he can be.

Rating: 7/10

First Match: Magnus vs. Chad vs. Spider

For the sake of not sounding bias I will say that this match is a very good opening that sets the pace for the rest of the show pretty well. All three competitors had some notable spots that looked pretty cool like when Spider intercepted Mag's attempt at hitting Chad with the Clock Cleaner or when Mag manages to catch Spider mid spring board with the move. I think the best spot by far was when Spider leaped over Chad's spear attempt and reverse it into a tornado ddt. Overall a very solid and great showing.

Rating: 9/10

Second Match: Jason Hawk vs. Mark Storm

It's a squash match but it was an enjoyable one none the less. Hawk playing to the crowd like he's been known to do really stood out and he was just eating out of the palm of their hands. The finish was also impressive and it shows that even a no show can have a memorable moment or two.

Rating: 8/10

Third Match: Artemis Kaiser & Cameron Kaiser vs. Aurora Croft & Harley jo Quinzel

One word to say about this one: Chaotic and in a good way, everything about this match was perfect and there were so many back and forth moments it was kinda hard to tell whose winning half the time which made it a classic. That said though I kinda wish it was a bit longer, could have benefited with some high spots or even some more hardcore maneuvers.

Rating 9/10

Fourth Match: Joey Miles vs. Kenzie Rydell

This was another match that was pretty back and forth, plenty of close calls and some solid chain wrestling along with some decent hardcore bits. Pretty much everything you would love in a IWF match.

Fifth Match: Ryan Apollos vs. Dexter Jacobs

This one was kinda hard to watch to be honest, to be fair it might have something to do with the fact that I feel like I've seen a match like this already. Only difference here is that it's much shorter and the fact that while Apollos got quite a few good hits here and there, it's clear to see who was gonna come out on top in the end.

Rating: 7/10

Sixth Match: Gavin Grimes vs. Blyss Lockhart

LOVE THIS MATCH! Honestly this feels like a PPV Main Event it's so good. So many back and forth moments, so many near falls, and a nice nod to the Spanish announce table that just can't seem to catch a break. Overall solid performance, very solid indeed.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Very strong start to the new revitalized IWF, that said though I did note some minor spelling errors from time to time but considering Chuck was more focused on just finishing the show rather than just make everything perfect, it's acceptable the way it is. Personally I look forward to seeing how we can carry this fed in the months that follow.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

Resurgence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurgence   Resurgence I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 3:02 pm

OPENING SEGMENT
-Great storytelling, felt like I was in an RPG.
-Best sign of the opening... < Who The Fuck Invited This Guy LOL

8/10 - Only reason I gave it an 8 is because the whole time you were telling the narrative, I was expected to find out who the hooded figure was only to be mind fucked.

CHAD MASON VS. SPIDER VS. STEE-- I MEAN MAGNUS COLT
-I would say as far as openers go, it was decent. Nothing more, nothing less. I'll be honest, I feel with the first PPV of the reopening the first and last bout would be the greatest. This match maybe should have been moved to like the second or third so you could have started out stronger.
-Will note, the commentary was great, though

6/10 - Only reason I ranked it so low is because as I said it didn't go an opening revival bout justice. Probably would have been ranked higher if it wasn't used as the opener.

CHUCK SEGMENT
-I like how you switched things up, I'm assuming this was due to no shows. That honestly was a great way to go instead of writing a main event that was unworthy due to no shows.

8/10 - Ranked this a bit high due to the fact that you actually cancelled a main event instead of writing it(in which like I said, was probably because of a no show)

HAWKE VS STORM

- I won't rank this one, I'll just comment with Jason Hawke finally returns

GAVIN AND BLYSS SEGMENT

-I actually quite liked this segment gave a personal edge to their match

9/10

TAG MATCH

-This was a decent tag team match.
-OH MY GOD, I thought we were done with Syxx LOL!

9/10- Would have been a little lower, but as stated in the commentary , WE SAW BLOOD!!

CHUCK AND APOLLOS SEGMENT

- I think this was the best segment of the night, bringing up old IWF history. Well written and slowly built toward it's purpose

10/10 - I'm ranking this high as a segment

KENZIE AND MILES

- One of the the 2 best matches of the night. To be honest, this may have been the best match of the night

10/10

DEXTER SEGMENT

-once again, great building going into the match... Down below I'm going to get into something that kinda' hurt my stomach...

APOLLOS VS. DEXTER

-For how much this match was built up through the night, I was disappointed mandem. I thought this would be epic. It was decent at best. The best part of it was the storytelling before and after the match. I literally thought I was gonna' see extraordinary things with this.

7/10 - I'm not gonna rank it any lower being such a high calibur match, but I can't rank it any higher for what it was.

RAT SEGMENT

Great segment, I would rank this just as high as the Apollos/Dexter build up segments. Comical "Is that on a birth certificate"...

BLYSS VS. GAVIN

- A good ending match as with Kenzie and Joey, this was one of the top matches of the night. I like how frustrated Blyss was becoming with the whole "why wont you stay down" input.

10/10

ALSO LOL WITH STEEL AND HIS SPELLING ERRORS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resurgence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurgence   Resurgence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resurgence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Feedback-
Jump to: