Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Last Obstacle

Go down 
AuthorMessage

One Last Obstacle Empty
PostSubject: One Last Obstacle   One Last Obstacle I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Chad looks around. He smiles. Things were wonderful. The sun shines bright in a clear sky. From somewhere above, he can hear the songs of a flock of birds, heading back north in the warm spring weather. He's in a field, the smell of fresh cut grass around him. He looks to his feet, smiling at the flowers blooming at his feet. The world seemed to be completely perfect. Beautiful.

???: "Chad?"

Chad looks up, hearing his name. He knew the voice. She sounded so close...and yet, so distant. She was calling for him. He looks around. The field seems to stretch on for as long as he can see. He can't see anyone. Then he spots her. Standing across the field. She was so far away…and yet, Chad could make out every detail in her face. A beautiful face to complete the perfect scene around him. Chad starts walking towards her, quickly breaking into a brisk jog, then a full run.

???: "Chad!"

Chad smiles as she says his name. He runs faster. For a moment, he doesn't feel the slightest bit tired. Like he could go on, running after her forever. And he would. He could run for miles, never stopping, until he could reach her. He had always believed that. Slowly, her figure gets closer and closer as Chad's feet move across the field.

???: "Chad!"

Her voice motivates him, makes him move faster, more gracefully, gliding across the field, closer to the melodious sound of her voice. He reaches her, and she hugs him tight.

???: "I missed you."

Chad Mason: "I missed you too."

He gently touches her face, lifting her chin so that she's looking him in the eyes. She smiles, and blinks a few times, the sun glinting in her brown eyes. Chad smiles even wider. She was amazing…

???: "You found me."

Chad Mason: "I followed your voice."

She smiles wider.

???: "You always did say you'd be there for me."

Chad Mason: "Of course. You're my best friend. Forever."

Her face softens a bit.

???: "You're a fucking loser."

Chad's smile vanishes.

Chad Mason: "Wait, what?"

???: "Sign it!"

Chad Mason: "Sign what?"

???: "Are you sleeping? Wake the fuck up!"

She reaches up and slaps him across the face, and suddenly, everything goes momentarily black.

Chad's eyes pop open.

Chad Mason: "What?"

???: "Here."

Chad turns and sees a girl sitting next to him, thrusting a paper into his hands. Chad glances down at it, spots his name, and scribbles his signature next to it. He passes it to the young man sitting next to him.

Chad Mason: "What did I miss?"

The girl sighs, and rolls her eyes.

Chad Mason: "Whatever."

He looks ahead, where an old bald man with a slight gut is scribbling something on an overhead.

Man: "Now, if we carry the x, and take the square root of each side, we can get rid of those pesky exponents, can't we? Fantastical! Now that we have the x, sorry about my writing-"

Chad glances down at his notebook. The top half of the page has some fairly decent notes. The first couple of problems done in class today...but at the bottom of the page, it was clear Chad's mind was wandering. There are a bunch of doodles, none of them very good. There's a picture of a puppy. Nearby, a picture of a star that somewhat resembles the tattoo Chad has on his shoulder. In the lower corner, there's a picture of two stick figures holding hands. Anyone looking at Chad's notebook would think he had let his math notes fall into the hands of a retarded five-year old with crack hands...but Chad knew what the picture meant. He sighs, and closes the notebook, stuffing it in his backpack.

Man: "And there's your answer! Any questions? Anyone? Nobody at all? Well then, I'll see you all on Friday. Remember, your problems are due in by noon that day! Be sure to have them in my mailbox, or no points for you!"

He wags his finger at the class, and dances to the side, sliding his bare feet into a pair of flip-flops, then grabbing his bag and heading out the door. Chad looks to the girl next to him.

Chad Mason: “He just kinda drones on, doesn’t he?”

The girl shakes her head, taking her backpack and walking away without a word. Chad frowns.

Chad Mason: “Fine. Slut.”

He sighs, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. Another day passed. Chad slowly leaves the building, his arms hanging at his sides. It was beginning to become very dull. It seemed every day was the same old thing for Chad. He’d go to school, go to class, go home and head to a dead-end job at Beneducci’s, the local Italian restaurant. Good Lord, that job sucked.

Chad isn’t paying much attention as he makes his way across campus. He’d seen it all before. The odd statue sitting in the center of the commons. The same administrative building that looked like a statue from medieval England, the same red convertible sitting right in his path with that same beautiful young woman from his dream and his notebook leaning against it…

Wait…

Chad is shocked as he realizes who it is. She stands, leaned up against her sports car, her hands crossed across her chest.

Chad Mason: “Whoa…”

She smiles at him.

Ashley Matthews: “Hey Chad.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chad Mason: “I never thought I’d make it this far. The finals in the tournament, with the IWF Briefcase on the line. A briefcase that not only gives me the opportunity to challenge for any title in IWF, but also allows me to make a match on every card until I use that precious opportunity up.

I fight Ruben Ricardo Leon.

Bro, not to be disrespectful or anything…but is this some sort of a joke? I mean, you went on this long rant about how surprised you were that it was me you’d fight in the finals, and how this would be such an easy match after the stuff you did…but dude…is that really any different on my end?

I fought Ian Blackwing…which, alright, that was easy. You fought William Darlington, who’s just as big a loser. I got lucky and snuck by Death-Angel while you beat a guy with no wrestling experience. I beat a man who’d been wrestling for years, who is supposed to be one of the best in the world at this…and you beat Corey Casey. I mean…not that your road wasn’t long and trying…but was mine really that much easier?

I was ranked #15. Second to last. On paper, the only guy who should have performed worse was Keith Axel. Yet, here I am, in the finals, once again fighting someone who’s supposed to be way better…but it hasn’t stopped me before, has it?

I wish I knew what drove me. I wish I knew how I won when nobody expected me to. I think that’s the reason, really. That gives me some sort of strength.

When I was a kid, I got a lot of shit. I was bullied a lot. I played football…but was never an all-star athlete or anything. It had a lot to do with how shy I was. I never really broke out of that shell, so to speak. But that stuck with me. I took their words to heart.

Now, I can turn it into some srt of weird strength. Hearing that people don’t think I can win. That I don’t stand a chance…it’s like I HAVE to prove them wrong.

This week, Ruben, I’ll prove you wrong. I’ll prove that I have what it takes to be an IWF Champion. I’ll prove that I can be the top of the food chain. You see, Ruben, the two of us…we actually have a lot in common. We fight to prove ourselves. We fight for honor. We fight for what we believe in. We’re loved by the fans. We weren’t expected to make it as far as we have. But there’s one difference between us. One thing that sets the two of us apart.

I’ve been a world champion.

It was one of the worst title reigns in wrestling history…but it happened. I did something that you have never been able to do. I was a champion. If even for ten minutes, I was the best in the world at what I did.

You failed consistently. You’ve never been able to get the big one. You have more fire than anyone else. You’re the most talented guy to never hold the major belt. But me…I’ve been there. I know what it’s like to have that weight. And it’s something I’ll have again. If it kills me, I will be champion again. I’ve been given my chance, and I’ve run with it. Now, I just need to overcome one obstacle.

Looking at my history against insurmountable odds….I like my chances.”
Back to top Go down

One Last Obstacle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: