Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STATE OF IWF ADDRESS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

STATE OF IWF ADDRESS Empty
PostSubject: STATE OF IWF ADDRESS   STATE OF IWF ADDRESS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 am

Alright guys, it's only fair that I let you in on what's going on right now.

Corey and myself are currently formulating the card and trying to plan out our first month, in terms of how we're going to kick things off.

First off, I want to start with a public apology. I know some crazy shit went down with NLWF between Corey, myself, and Nick, but it's all in the past. We made our choice, now we have to live with it. But at the same time, it's not fair to you guys that you were all stuck in the middle, and it's not fair to you guys that we suddenly stepped up and turned everything on its head without any forwarning. So for that, I apologize, and I'm extremely grateful you guys found your way here, and are onboard with IWF.

Our goal is to make this place everything NLWF wasn't. NLWF was awesome, and you will never hear me speak ill of it...but that's not to say it didn't have its issues. Fact of the matter is, things were run by one guy, and that one guy liked to have things go his way. Most of the time, it was okay...but sometimes, it got a bit out of hand, and that leads me to my next point.

IWF is run by Corey Casey, Brandon Macdonald, and myself. What does that mean? It means the three of us have the power to change the way the site looks, rearrange the boards, stuff like that. It does NOT mean we can boss you around, screw you out of storylines, or abuse your characters, and if we ever do, call us on it, or tell one of the other two, and they'll put a stop to the troublemaker.

This is not Corey, Chuck, and Brandon's federation. This is YOUR federation.

That being said: We are always open to things. Got a storyline idea? Tell us. Want a segment in the show? Shoot us a PM. Have a wicked sweet idea for a PPV name or theme song? Tell us! I don't know about Corey or Brandon, but I literally have no fed running experience. I can write a show, I can write an RP, and I can make pictures...but I've never actually put it all together and kept a site running. So I will ALWAYS listen to what you have to say. That doesn't always mean I'll agree, or do it...but I try to be as open-minded as possible, and if I have an issue with your idea, I'll do what I can to work with you and make it work. And I think Corey and Brandon have a similar thought process.

Now, as for the current state of IWF.

Currently, we have a number of guys who jumped from NLWF to IWF. Once again, thank you.

As of right now, Alison, Jason, Ryan, and Brandon have requested leave. So until further notice, they will not be booked, nor will they RP. They're more than welcome to roam the site and chill on the chat until they're ready to return.

The first show...Corey knows more about this than I do. From what I understand, the plan is to kick off the first show in the near future. The idea is that Ultimate Glory did actually happen, despite the fact it was never posted. So none of your hard work will go to waste.

As far as I know, the first big change we're making is taking out the insane number of titles NLWF had. For the time being, we'll have a major title, and a midcard (maybe two midcard) title(s). If/when we get some new talent, we may shift one of the midcard titles to a lower tier title, so everybody should have a level where they're comfortable, and can find some steady competition without getting murdered week after week.

We need title names. Feel free to brainstorm, give us your thoughts.

All I ask right now is to give me until the weekend to get the pictures made, to get the site up and running, get applications sorted out, and other stuff. Corey's going to promote IWF on those funky topsite boards, and Brandon is doing little odds and ends here and there.

If you can think of something you can do to contribute, we appreciate it. I know Ryan Apollos has shown interest in making picture boxes or things like that for us, and Loca Rocsi has said she'll make some pictures as well. Thank you both.

We need new members. If you can think of anyone who may be interested, or anyplace we might be able to find someone, please share, or try and get people to join.

Finally, I tried building the skeleton of the site a bit, and I think it looks okay. If you think of anything, if you want a section like Shark's Confidence stuff or Chuck's Talkativity back in NLWF, let one of us know, we'll take care of it.

I think that's it...other than that, things will be run more or less like NLWF. Quality over quantity, if you RP, you will succeed...but we won't crucify you if you get in our way Wink

Thank you guys. You're all awesome, and I really think we can make this place great. All I ask is that you be a little patient with us this week while we try and get this site off the ground, and we'll be in good shape, and will hopefully have our pilot episode very soon.

Brandon, Corey, anyone else, please feel free to comment here with any quesitons, comments, concerns, whatever you think I may have missed here.

And once again, Thank you all.

Last edited by Chuck Matthews on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF IWF ADDRESS   STATE OF IWF ADDRESS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:29 am

Well, Chuck pretty much said it all. But I figure that I might as well say something too, just so that you know that I'm in the same boat as Chuck and Corey right now, as far as the IWF goes.

As most all of you know, I was currently in the middle of time off when all of this went down. So its not like I've been sitting in the fed for a month, waiting for Nick to post a show. As many of you also know, I was planning on coming back eventually, so I was checking in every so often. After a week of contemplating, I decided to log in and get to the chatbox to find out what was really going on. Of course, it was then I saw Nick's reply to Corey's question, which was quite out of line. So I decided that now was a perfect time to come back. At least in a management sense, not so much a wrestling sense yet.

So Chuck, Corey, and I decided that together, we could run a fed. And we know we're going to do it much differently than Brenton did. WHile we all know that Brenton was great, what he had, was a lot more time than any of us have. Which is why we need 3 of us to make sure that this works. BC says he didn't enjoy it towards the end, and I believe him. There's only so much of that that one man can do. But his problem was that he never asked for help. He still felt like he had to do everything himself, and that everything had to be his way. Storylines were his, rivalries were his, everything was his. Which often led to things that weren't so great.

That's not what we're going to be here. I've never run a fed before, hell, NLWF was my first e-fed ever. So you can bet your ass that I'll need tons of help, and tons of ideas. I've written some matches and segments before, and they were generally well-received. And Corey and Chuck have both done the same or more. I believe that together, we are fully capable of writing great shows, and thinking up great storylines for everyone, etc. But basically, Chuck, Corey and I are only here for you. Like Chuck said. If you have a storyline, a segment, anything, and you think it would benefit someone, do not hesitate to PM one of us, and while we may not use it, we may build on it, to make it even greater.

Basically, we're doing this all for you. This fed will be everything that the NLWF stopped being. No more ridiculous Quintuple Champions. No more random killing off characters just because we feel like it. No more storylines that are completely one-sided and not something you'd like your character to be involved in. No more mistreating of new members.

We're not going to play god. We're only here to keep things running smoothly. You guys are the important ones. We need you to RP so that we can write shows and keep everything going. We need you to help with whatever you can.

That's all I have to say. Basically, this should be a lot of fun, and we hope that everyone sticks around, and we thank all of the NLWFers for coming over here. Lets do this.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF IWF ADDRESS   STATE OF IWF ADDRESS I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:24 am

Hello fellow members of Insurgency Wrestling Federation.
If you're reading this, you've clearly joined our ranks and i thank you for it. The admins for this site are myself (Corey Casey), Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald. Unlike the other two admins, i will only briefly touch upon the reason for this site's existence as i do not wish to promote the fed from wence we came.

This federation does not include the name "Insurgency" for no reason. Nick Ridicule and NLWF abused us and suffocated us. The god-like complex of Nick Ridicule eventually became too much of a yolk to bear and so Chuck, Brandon and i decided to move on and create the greatest federation that will ever be! I will promise each and every member, from new guys all the way up to my fellow admin, that i will be 100% dedicated to IWF and i will not be going back or even acknowledging the former federation run by the oppressive dictator known as Nick Ridicule after this address.

That being said, to any new members that may be reading this...Welcome! Razz This is the Insurgency Wrestling Federation and we are in the midst of setting ourselves up and preparing for the birth of what will surely become one of the most dominate federations in history! As long as you show up each week and rp (whether it be a few sentences worth of an rp or an epic 15,000 word novel) you will succeed. And if you need time off, tell one of the admins and we will gladly set it up for you with no problem!

This fed will have three (or possibly four) titles with one major title, one (or two) midcard titles and a lowercard title. This system is in place to assure that new guys have a fair crack at earning their very first title and guys who have been struggling to win a major title but just couldn't quite get over that final hump have a chance to know what it feels like to hold championship gold! This system will also assure that the same guys don't hold the major title all the time since, with only one major title, triple threats and major title cluster fucks are almost guaranteed.

I guess, most of all, I want to say thank you for joining IWF. This site is unlike any other because we run our site by committee. We will gladly listen to any suggestions you might have, any ideas you throw our way or anything you think we should change to make things better. I personally have some experience writing matches and segments and after kicking around the e-fed game for 3-4 years i have picked up a thing or two about running a fed but have never really tried to do it...until now! I have full confidence in our committee and in my fellow admins and good friends Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews, without whom i would probably be in IWF alone struggling to set up anything!

Long story short: Welcome to IWF and I hope we can make this place FUCKING LEGENDARY!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF IWF ADDRESS   STATE OF IWF ADDRESS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STATE OF IWF ADDRESS
Page 1 of 1