Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going Digital Part 3 (a.k.a. FUCK YOU WRITERS BLOCK!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

Going Digital Part 3 (a.k.a. FUCK YOU WRITERS BLOCK!) Empty
PostSubject: Going Digital Part 3 (a.k.a. FUCK YOU WRITERS BLOCK!)   Going Digital Part 3 (a.k.a. FUCK YOU WRITERS BLOCK!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Chapter 3
Confrontations
-----------------------------------

August 4th, 2009

Narita International Airport | Narita, Japan

1:00 pm JST

The gate doors opened up, allowing the passengers to exit off their flight, which had arrived a little more than 10 minutes prior. Among it’s passengers was a boy about 15 years old, with blue hair and wearing a orange vest jacket.

“Henry, I’m hungry,” complained a creature that looked like it was a cream colored dog-bunny. He was situated on top of the boy’s head.

“We’ll get something in a bit Terriermon. We have to go with my family and get our bags.” Henry responded. “You just have to be patient.”

“Tell that to my stomach, I can’t get it to quiet down.”

“Ugh, just wait.”

Henry sighed as for the next some odd minutes as Henry and his family, which included his sister and fellow tamer Suzie and her partner Lopmon, who was much more well behaved and polite than Terriermon, despite looking strikingly similar to Terriermon aside from a different color scheme to her body and three small horns on her head compared to the one on her cream-colored counterpart. After they had finally reached the baggage claim and retrieved their bags, as well as ordered some lunch, much to the joy and jubilation of Terriermon, they got into their parents car which Janyuu had to leave behind while they were out of town.

“So Henry… what are we going to do… when we get home?” Terriermon asked, pausing constantly while he chewed his food, much to the chagrin to his Tamer.

“I just want to relax. We’ve been traveling across China for the past month. Though if I know any better you’re gonna want to bother the others and brag about our trip.”

“Yep, you read me like a tabloid magazine.”

“This past month was probably the quietest month in terms of your jokes, Terriermon,” Lopmon contested. Indeed it had felt like a while since self-proclaimed comedian had done a joke, partially due to the fact that he had been awe struck by the sights and sounds of China. “And were not back for more than five minutes and you just start back up like you’ve never stopped.”

“What can I say, I gotta catch up on lost time.” Terriermon responded, prompting sighs from Lopmon and Suzie, as well as a face palm from Henry as he groaned at the fact that this wouldn’t subside for a while.

------------------

Shinjuku Park | Shinjuku Ward

3:55 pm JST

The park had exploded to life as kids and parents and people who were there to exercise, more specifically jogging. Though out of the many of the parks current inhabitants, four of them stuck out like a sore thumb. One was a 15 year old boy, who was wearing his trademark goggles over his brunette colored hair, the other was a 15 year old girl with red hair tied up in the back, she had headphones in her ears, music playing that could be faintly heard if one listened closely. The other two were even more unusual looking to ones who didn’t know of the norm of the area they were in, a red and black dinosaur and a yellow bi-pedal fox-like creature, commonly referred to as a kitsune. Silence had befallen the shelter they were sitting in, neither one knowing what to say after the third human in their group had wandered off around fifteen minutes ago.

Takato looked up at Rika who was detached from her world while her mp3 player was on. The teenage boy’s thoughts found themselves conflicting with each other, hoping that his new friend, Jaden, hadn’t managed to put his life in danger for the second time in as many days. The other thought, more pressing than the other and far more important in his opinion, concerned the question posed to him by his fellow tamer not more than a day ago. In fact if it weren’t for Coyomon’s arrival and other things that involved the canine-like digimon, Rika’s accusation would’ve been the only thing dominating his thoughts, even during school.

“Uhh… R-Rika?” Takato finally spoke up, waving his hand nervously in front of the redhead’s face. Rika looked up, half-wondering what Takato had to say as she removed the headphones from her ears.

“Yeah, what is it?”

“I’ve been thinking, about what you said yesterday.”

“You mean about me asking you that question about… well, you know.”

“Ummm… yeah.”

“You don’t have to answer, it wasn’t very polite of me to give you the fifth degree. I didn’t exactly feel to good about saying it.”

“I understand what you mean. That sort of thing, talking about feelings of people weather it’s others or yours, it just isn’t the you we’ve all known for the past 3 years. But me, I just get nervous anytime I’m around a conversation that even remotely relates that kind of thing.”

“But you have changed.”

“I have you and Henry to thank for that.” Takato said, a smile growing on his face.

“What do you mean?”

“Well before I met you and Henry, the only people I ever truly felt comfortable to be around was Kazu and Kenta, but that was boring, I was stuck in a rut. Everyday it was wake up, go play cards with Kazu and Kenta, go to school, go home. Then I got this D-Arc, and after that everything changed, I created and met Guilmon, I had that dream…”

“Hold up, a dream? What’s this dream you’re talking about?” Rika questioned, wondering what this dream was, she had heard Takato mention this dream he had before he met Guilmon and the other tamers.

“I thought I had told you about it already.”

“Not that I recall.”

“Oh, well it wasn’t much. I found myself floating in the air above a digimon battle. It was a Lynxmon fighting against… well against Renamon… your Renamon.” Takato explained, pointing to the Kitsune who was glancing out of the entrance to the shelter but obviously was still listening in as her eyes shifted to the two human occupants.

“Wait, you’re dream had Renamon was in it?”

“Well… not just Renamon, you were in it as well.”

“I was in this dream?” Rika said as curiosity started setting in.

“Well it was when you didn’t care about Renamon as much as you did now.”

“You don’t think…”

“Takato, Rika!” a new voice piped up as Rika and Takato shot up to their feet in surprise at the sudden intrusion on their conversation. Rika mentally cursing the source of the voice for interrupting what could be her chance at getting an answer out of the goggle head.

‘Hmm, looks like Coyomon showed up after all.’ Renamon thought, a slim, yet unnoticeable smirk appearing on her face. As the two figures ran up to the shelter, Jaden looking a little bewildered and Coyomon standing next to Jaden.

“Jaden, is anything wrong?” Rika asked, half wishing he’d just leave so her and Takato could finish their talk.

“Not entirely, but you’ll never believe what just happen.”

“You ran into another digimon and Coyomon saved you again?” Takato teasingly asked. A slight chuckle from Rika went unnoticed by the others in the area.

“No that’s not what happened. This is what happened.” Jaden pulled the D-Slider out of his pocket and showed it to Rika and Takato.

“Looks like a cell phone.” Rika said, pointing out the obvious.

“I know but this thing morphed from my original cell phone. It happened after Coyomon found me. After it transformed it said that me and Coyomon were partners.”

“So wait, what your saying is that this cell phone is actually a digivice and your now a tamer and Coyomon’s your digimon.” Takato said, repeating what Jaden had just stated.

“That’s the jist of what he said. But what I don’t get is why this digivice is different from ours.”

“I was wondering that too, after Takato showed me his yesterday and this here, I didn’t know if this was the same device. But it called itself a D-Slider.”

“Hmm, sounds like the name might fit this thing’s design. Any ideas on what it can do?”

“No, I have no idea.”

“So you have a tamer too just like me and Renamon?” Guilmon asked the wild dog digimon, who looked at the dino digimon

“I guess I am. I’m not going to complain, I now believe this was my purpose all along.”

“Hey look Guilmon and Renamon found a little puppy to play with.” A new voice cried out as the three digimon looked up to see a blue haired boy and a cream and mint colored dog-bunny walking up to the shelter, the former actually doing the walking whilst the latter sat on his head. “Does this mean I’m out of the loop?”

“Henry, your back?” Takato said as he peered out of the shelter to see the scene that was playing out behind him. “When did you get back in?”

“Hey Takato, hey Rika. My family got back at one. We just got back to our house an hour ago.”

“Yeah traffic was like that hell known as Los Angeles today.”

“Terriermon!”

“Momentai, Henry.”

“How do you know what LA traffic is like?” Jaden said as he walked up behind Takato and Rika, Henry’s face showing a hint of confusion at the kid’s sudden entrance into the conversation.

“Television, how else would you find out.”

“Um, have we met before?” Henry asked, knowing that this person wasn’t here when he had left for vacation.

“Oh right, almost forgot, my name’s Jaden Evans.” Jaden answered sticking his hand out. Henry eying him for a second before shaking the dirty blonde’s outstretched hand.

“Henry Wong, I suppose you just moved here?”

“‘Just’ being an understatement my family moved here back on August 1st. Crazy first couple of days here in Japan for me.”

“I don’t follow, what do you mean?”

“He’s talking about me in particular.” The wild canine digimon spoke up as he walked over to his newfound tamer’s side.

“Um who are you?” Henry asked, curious as to who this digimon was. But, before Coyomon opened his mouth, Henry’s D-Arc lit up a picture showing up on it’s screen.

“Coyomon. Wild Dog Digimon. Attacks are Blitzkrieg and Frost Lightning.”

“I guess that answers my question.”

“Hold up a second,” Rika interjected as if mirroring Takato and Jaden’s expressions of surprise and their thoughts. “How is that possible that your digivice had Coyomon’s information but ours gave us a big fat goose egg?”

“Huh, what do you mean?”

“Yesterday, when Coyomon bioemerged, along with that other digimon, his information wouldn’t come up on Rika’s or mine.” Takato explained, pointing to himself and Rika, while at the same time trying to avoid eye contact with the redhead for fear of Henry asking about the unusual nervousness Takato was trying to mask.

“Hmm, no idea, sounds a lot like when Guilmon first appeared. But what’s this about another digimon.”

“I wasn’t the intended digimon to bioemerge, but I hitched a ride on a Centarumon and when I arrived in this world I found myself face to face with Jaden here.” Coyomon explained, looking up to his partner.

“Then we came along and thinking he was hostile Guilmon and myself attacked him, but it did not affect him at all. Add to that he took us down in one shot each.” Renamon continued, knowing Terriermon wouldn’t pass up the advantage of this info.

“You’re telling us that the great and powerful Renamon, was taken down by a little dog?” Terriermon laughed, practically falling off his tamers head in the process.

“It wasn’t her fault though, they had no clue what they were fighting.” Jaden defended, having witnessed the battle the day before.

“Yeah, Coyomon is incredibly fast and what we thought was Coyomon was simply a misleading image of him as he already dodged their attacks before it got there. He even took out a Champion level digimon in one shot as well.” Rika explained, attempting to be a buzz kill towards Terriermon’s joyful actions.

“How did he manage that?” Henry questioned, knowing that Guilmon had done the same but not in that same fashion.

“A well placed shot with my Lightning Frost attack.” Coyomon responded while staring at Terriermon, who had stopped laughing so he could hear the conversation better, plus he had run out of breath.

----------------------------

Streets of Shinjuku | Shinjuku Ward

6:15 pm JST

The four tamers and their partners had continued to converse for the next few hours or so, the majority of the conversation was finding out what Henry had done on his trip to China with his family and his and his sisters partner, as well as helping Jaden with some of the basics of being a tamer. After a while the four pairs had separated to make their way home. Jaden and Coyomon had been walking down the road for a bit now, Jaden staring at his digivice, trying to figure out what it could do as Coyomon made sure his newly acquired tamer didn‘t walk into a light pole or another person.

“Jaden?”

“…” Jaden didn’t reply as he started pressing buttons on the d-slider trying to make it work but nothing was happening so far.

“Jaden?”

“…” Still no response from the teen as Coyomon started to grow a little frustrated. He finally stopped in his tracks and looked at the boy who continued on ahead.

“JADEN!”

“What… OW! DAMN IT!” Jaden had looked up in time to smash his face directly into a light pole in front of him. “What is it Coyomon?”

“Well first of all you should really pay attention to where your walking. Secondly, what I wanted to ask you was, do you think we’ll be okay?”

“I don’t follow, what are you talking about?”

“I mean as a tamer and a digimon, do you think we could handle ourselves in a battle? I mean the others have loads of experience and they told me that they have stronger forms. I’ve only digivolved once and it was into Coyomon.”

“What were you before you were Coyomon?”

“I don’t remember what I looked like but I was known as Lokimon.”

“Lokimon? That sounds familiar. I wonder how long it will be till you do attain your next digivolution. And what you would look like.”

“My thoughts exactly. I’ve just been wondering about a lot of things.”

“Would you like to share what’s on your mind with me?”

“Well, I’ve been really confused as to how you’re gonna explain me to your family. If you didn’t know about digimon before here, I can only imagine how your parents will react to a talking creature like me?”

“Parent, it’s just my father and me who are here.” Jaden corrected, looking at the ground as the terrible memories came back.

“Excuse me? Aren’t you humans supposed to have two parents, a father and a mother?” The wild dog digimon asked, not knowing everything about his partners past.

“My mother died five years ago. She was in this terrible accident and it left me and my dad all alone. I still haven’t got over it and I have no idea if my dad ever truly got over it.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

It’s alright, you were bound to find out eventually. Anyways, I was just gonna improvise but I guess we should come up with something.”

“I think I have a good idea we could use.”

“Let’s hear it.”

“Okay, well, I’ve seen these animals all over the place, I think they‘re called dogs, and they kind of look like me or maybe it‘s I look like them, I don‘t know.”

“So you’re saying I should tell my dad that you’re a stray dog that followed me home. That could work, at least it should until I figure out how to tell my dad what you really are.”

Just then Jaden’s D-Slider started going off as the screen shifted to a map. The teen quickly looked back at the phone-like digivice as two dots appeared on it, one blue and one red.

“What’s this thing doing now? What’s with the dots?”

“Jaden… I think it’s telling us that there’s a digimon coming.”

“How can you tell?”

“I can sense it.”

“Well I wish this blasted thing had a map legend at least. So we could tell which dot is us then.” Just as Jaden said that he tapped the screen and the red dot started emitting a red circle outward towards the blue dot. “Hold up, I think this red dot is the digimon’s location, it must be like a gps system, telling us the destination and our location must be the blue dot.”

“How can you be sure?”

“I’m not sure how to explain it, but it’s almost like this device is using my contact with it to send me like a mental instruction manual.”

“It’s as good an explanation as we’re gonna get isn’t it?”

“Yeah.”

“Why didn’t it do it before?”

I don’t have a clue, let me try something real quick.” Jaden proceeded to slide his finger up to the top of the d-sliders screen, causing an arrow to reveal itself. “Yes it worked!”

“What did?”

“We’ve got a direction to go, come on.” Jaden said as he sprinted in the direction the arrow had been pointing, Coyomon following not far behind. “God, I hope I know just what the hell I’m getting myself into here.”

------------------

The digital field in a busy street had taken bystanders by complete and udder surprise. Some were running away from it in field while some were taking pictures of it before joining the fleeing crowd. Jaden and Coyomon had managed to work their way through the crowds and were now standing in front of it. Coyomon was staring at it determinately but unsure whether to go blindly into a battle that he was almost certain wouldn’t be as simple as the Centarumon battle was.

“Jaden, I’m ready when you are.”

“Right, let’s go.”

Jaden shielded his eyes as the tamer and digimon ran into the digital field. As soon as Jaden could see better, he uncovered his eyes and looked around before his eyes settled on a single figure standing in front of them. Coyomon soon saw the same figure and looked towards Jaden.

“This isn’t to be easy, is it?”

“I’m thinking the same thing, but what is that digimon exactly?”

The digimon in question was giant green dinosaur with spikes growing from his nose down to his tail and wears a danger symbol on each shoulder. The most glaring feature on it was two red-and-black ringed tusks that were coming out of its back. The digimon snarled at the tamer and his partner as he began to walk menacingly towards them. Jaden looked down at the D-Slider as the digimon’s info showed up on it.

“Tuskmon, Champion Level Dinosaur Digimon. Attacks are Horn Buster and Slamming Tusk.”

“Okay, aside from the fact that he looks cool…”

“Jaden!” Coyomon screamed as he tackled his partner to the side as Tuskmon’s foot came crashing down right in the spot Jaden had been standing in.

“You really need to pay attention!” Coyomon continued as him and Jaden got up.

“I know, I know.” Jaden said, as he dropped back down to the ground, ducking under Tuskmon’s tail that had been swung around. “You have to try and stop him, before he causes a ton of damage.”

“You know that I’m not strong enough to take this giant lizard down on my own.”

“At least stall for time until someone else comes along, I’m fairly certain that we’re not the only ones to receive an alert about this.”

“I can try.” Coyomon said before sprinting at the large green dinosaur that searching for an opponent to fight. “FROST LIGHTNING!”

A icy blue beam shot out of the wild dog digimon’s mouth and struck Tuskmon in the back of its head. The digimon quickly turned around a started charging at the Coyomon.

“SLAMMING TUSK!”

Tuskmon attempted to ram his horns into Coyomon, who jumped to the side and circled around before charging at the overgrown lizards blindspot.

“BLITZKRIEG!”

Coyomon slamed into the back of Tuskmon’s left arm only to bounce off and then swatted away by the dinosaur’s tail.

“Coyomon!” Jaden took a step forward before stopping as he saw Tuskmon glance at him. He backed up as Tuskmon turned around and started towards the teenager.

“FROST LIGHTNING!”

Another ice beam struck Tuskmon in the back, redirecting the lizard’s attention back towards the coyote-like digimon standing behind him, a determined and angered look crossing the face of the rookie as he darted forwards.

“Get away from him!” Coyomon screamed as he lept into the air.

“FROSTKREIG!”

Coyomon opened his mouth preparing another icy beam, but this time the beam surrounded Coyomon as he slammed into Tuskmon. The ice around Coyomon shattered on impact, causing an almost instantaneous freezing to occur up Tuskmon’s entire left arm, while the wild dog digimon landed next to his tamer.

“That was awesome, Coyomon. I didn’t know you could do that.”

The two looked at Tuskmon, who had begun furiously clawing at the ice encased arm of his.

“Neither did I, but it’s like I can think much more clearly now, and something inside me was telling me to give it a try.”

“Well, looks like it worked.”

“I could use a little help though, don’t you have any of those card things that the others were talking about?”

“I wish I did, but I didn’t ask to borrow any.”

“HORN BUSTER”

Tuskmon had finally freed his arm and turned back to the two other inhabitants of the digital field at the time, proceeded fired a laser beam from his horns directing it towards Jaden.

“JADEN!” Coyomon yelled as he shoved his tamer out of the way, taking the blast himself. Jaden landed hard on the ground and slid a few feet before turning around and seeing his partner on the ground, data crackling on the coyote as he continuously slipped in and out of consciousness.

“Oh my god, Coyomon!” Jaden yelled as he stumbled over towards the form of the his digimon partner. “Coyomon, are you okay.”

“W-why… are you asking m-me that?”

“What? What are you talking about?”

“I-it… should be… me asking… that q-question.”

“No, you shouldn’t. I wasn’t the one who pushed you out of the way of an attack. I should be thanking you but I’m more worried about you.”

“I’m not… I’m not sure I have much left t-to fight back with. Th-this might be… goodbye.”

“No! Don’t you dare say that, it’s not goodbye. No by a long shot. We just met, and we just became partners.”

“Y-you… have to get out of here. I can’t protect you in this state, you have to save yourself.”

“Did you not hear me just now?! I am not going anywhere! We’re a team, no one get’s left behind.”

“Y-you really are a cr-crazy idiot… y-you know that.”

Jaden smirked at the last comment, he wanted to get out of there, it was far too dangerous for an average human being. However, he couldn’t leave, not after the short time he had known Coyomon. A short time, in which in only a day the two had met and almost instantly became friends. Jaden never gave up on anything before, and he wasn’t about to start now. He had promised his mom when she passed away, that he wouldn’t ever quit on anything, no matter the difficulty and no matter the danger, and he wasn’t about to break that promise.

“HORN BUSTER!”

Jaden looked up to see Tuskmon preparing a killing blow to the injured digimon and, due to his proximity to Coyomon, Jaden as well. Jaden threw his arm’s up in a futile attempt to shield himself from the attack, and by doing so he didn’t see what happened next.

“MOON NIGHT KICK!”

Jaden was waiting for the end to come but it never did and he dropped his arms to see another digimon delivering a swift, yet painful, kick to Tuskmon’s face, throwing the dinosaur digimon off balance and loosing control of the attack, which slammed into the roof of a nearby building causing rubble to fall to the sidewalk and street below. The attacker then landed in front of Jaden before turning to face him.

“What the hell?!” Jaden exclaimed as he looked at the digimon in front of him.

“Looks like you could use some help.” The digimon replied. It was a large white rabbit-like digimon, with yellow moon shaped markings and bluish-purple ear tips and torso, it also had on black gloves with a yellow moon on each one and a pendant like necklace with yet another moon on it.

“W-wh-who are you?” Jaden stumbled through the question, unknowing weather this digimon was friend or foe.

“No time for introductions and pleasantries. Here, take this.” The overgrown rabbit explained, as she pulled a card out of one of her gloves, and proceeded to hand it over to the teenage boy, who looked on even more confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Just use it. A friend of mine said it’ll help your partner recover.” The digimon explained as she jumped in the are dodging a fist from the now frustrated and angered Tuskmon.

“How am I supposed to do that?” Jaden muttered to himself, the card was now held in his left hand and his D-Slider in his right, Jaden’s finger slid over the screen causing the boy to flinch a bit as he felt the answer reveal itself to him. “Okay, this blasted device needs to stop that. It’s making me feel stupid.”

Jaden spun the digivice in his hand before pressing a but on one of the sides. As soon as he did that, a small slot opened up and Jaden preceded to slide the card in the phone as it registered in the reader.

“DIGI-MODIFY!”
“RECHARGE ACTIVATE!”

Coyomon’s eyes shot open as he felt his energy returning and the pain begin to fade away from his body as he stood up.

“It worked. How you feeling now dude!”

“Better than before, I am definitely back in the fight now.” Coyomon exclaimed as he sprinted off into the fight. Jaden looked on, not realizing his D-Slider had begun to glow.

“TEAR ARROW!”

“BLITZKRIEG!”

Tuskmon flinched as he was struck in the face by an icy arrow launched from the stickup on Lekismon’s back. However the flinch caused Tuskmon’s tail to block Coyomon’s own attack. The wild dog digimon landed on his feet in front of his partner. “Damn it, that idiot should have waited.”

“Coyomon, you have to cut that thing some slack, she did help you out.”

“Regardless, I am not just going to back away and let her take the glory.” Coyomon responded as he began to walk back towards Tuskmon who was furiously snapping it’s teeth and firing blast after blast at the large rabbit digimon.

“I get what you’re talking about. You’re not about to give up and I’m not planning on objecting to it.”

Just then a blinding light caught Jaden’s attention. He looked down to see it coming from the D-Slider in his hand. “What the hell is it now?” Jaden looked up to see the same light engulfing Coyomon as he also heard his digivice start beeping rapidly.

“Digivolution”

“Coyomon digivolve to…”

Coyomon was enveloped in a mesh-like egg as he was stripped down into nothing but wireframe. His size grew about two and a half times larger than his rookie stage. His fur became a slightly faded light blue color with a dark blue stripe on each side of his body, white markings on his face and lower parts of his legs just above his feet. He retained the same icy blue eyes as his rookie form. The mesh egg broke as the champion level emerge as a blue vapor emitted from his body.

“Jaxmon!”

“Whoa! Coyomon… is that… is that you!” Jaden cried out in amazement.

“Oh yeah, it’s me alright. This feeling is incredible.”

“If your done with you’re little pow wow there, I could use a little help here.” The rabbit digimon.

“Go show the little bunny what you’ve got!”

“Exactly what I’m thinking.” Jaxmon replied as he sprinted off.

“ALPINE TEMPEST!”

Jaxmon charged forward as the blue vapor began to intensify and unleashed a barrage of icicle-like spikes which hurtled towards the green dinosaur. Tuskmon’s attention, which was fixated on the white rabbit digimon, quickly turned towards the attack which instantly impacted all over the dino digimon’s form. The white rabbit took the distraction to her advantage and advanced on their enemy.

“MOON NIGHT BOMB!”

A ball of water formed in the digimon’s hand before she threw it at Tuskmon’s face, impacting and causing a sudden drowsiness to set in.

“HOR… HOR… HORN… BUSTER!”

A weak laser beam was fired from his horns, but began to dissipate before long.

“Jaxmon, time to finish off this overgrown fossil!” Jaden yelled, realizing an opening to end the battle in front of them.

“NULL VAPOR!”

Jaxmon howled and began to disappear as the entire digital field became enveloped in a blue mist. Tuskmon meanwhile began to throw his bodyweight in all directions attempting to shake the drowsiness off and hit the unseen canine digimon. The giant digimon suddenly stumbled as he was struck repeatedly by what appeared to be an invisible force. The mist began to dissipate as everyone looked for Jaxmon before looking up and seeing the wild dog flip in the air while preparing to finish the enemy off.

“CELSIUS…”

A blue energy ball began to form in his mouth as he pulled his head back.

“BLAST!”

A massive wave of cold energy slammed into the ground and Tuskmon who exploded into bits of data which began to be absorbed into Jaxmon’s body. Jaxmon then landed on the ground as Jaden ran up to him.

“That was awesome dude, so it’s Jaxmon now, huh?”

“In this form, yeah it is.” Jaxmon replied as he looked down to his partner.

“Looks like this battle is over, so I will take my leave.” The rabbit digimon said as she began to walk away.

“Wait!” Jaden called out, trying to stop the friendly digimon from leaving. “Who exactly are you?”

“My name’s Lekismon, and my friend wanted me to help you out. I don’t know why, and that’s all I’ll say.” The rabbit said before jumping away from the scene and disappearing from sight.

“I guess that’s better than getting nothing.”

“JADEN!” A voice called out from behind Jaden as the two stared at the building the rabbit had leapt onto. Jaden turned around to see Henry running up to them with Terriermon on his shoulder.

“Oh, hey Henry.” Jaden replied as soon as Henry caught up to him and his champion level partner.

“We missed the fun already, didn‘t we?” Terriermon asked as he crossed his arms.

“Oh yeah you did. You should move faster next time.” Jaxmon replied, a slight chuckle in his voice.

“Wait, is that Coyomon?” Henry asked, finally noticing the difference in Jaden’s partner’s appearance.

“In the flesh.” Jaxmon answered as Jaden nodded.

“I take it you digivolved.” Henry explained, “A little faster than the Terriermon and the others if you ask me.”

“If you were to ask me, my champion form is cooler looking.”

“Terriermon!”

“Momentai, Henry.”

“Meh, let the rabbit live in his own little world, it doesn’t bother me.” Jaxmon interrupted, being met with laughs from the two humans next to him.

“Moving on, is Jaxmon stuck like this forever or is it temporary.”

“It should be temporary, I mean it he didn’t exactly digivolve on his own did he?”

“I’m not sure, I guess so.”

“I should really get going.”

---------------------

Shinjuku Park | Shinjuku Ward

6:30 PM JST

Lekismon landed in front of the playground gracefully as she began to glow and shrink down to a smaller rabbit digimon. She started looking around before finding a girl sitting on a swing. The girl had bubblegum pink hair and grey eyes. She was wearing dark blue jeans, grey eyes, a gold bracelet, a pinkish red t-shirt with a heart design, and a green hoodie with the symbol of light on the back. She was staring at a white device in her hand as the digimon walked up to her.

“You were right, that boy did need a little help.”

“What did you expect Lunamon, it was his first battle.” The girl responded, looking up from the device in her hand.

“I still don’t understand why you had to eavesdrop on him and his friends. You could have just walked up and introduced yourself.”

“It’s not as easy as you think it is. You just don’t go up to a cute guy, out of the blue, and say something your not prepared to do. It just doesn’t seem like the right thing to do.”

“I get the feeling you just want to make a game out of this, is that why you handed me that specific card?”

“Heh, I can’t seem to slip anything by you, can I, Lunamon?”

“Nope, not at all.”

----------------------

Evans Residence | Shinjuku Ward

7:30 PM JST

“You do know the responsibility that comes with this?”

“Of course I do dad. I just couldn’t leave this poor defenseless creature all alone out there, who knows what could’ve happened if I did leave it behind.”

“Alright, as long as you know what you’re getting yourself into, I’ll allow it.”

Jaden smiled as he lead Coyomon into his bedroom, and shutting the door behind him. Coyomon looked around, taking in the surroundings of his partners bedroom. Posters of athletes adorned one wall and pennants were hanging above it. Below the posters and pennants was a simple bed that wasn’t made. A shelf with a number of trophies and pictures on it was against an adjoining wall. Against the wall sat a dresser with a medium sized flat screen tv and a game console on it. Next to the dresser sat a desk which Jaden’s laptop was settled on.

Jaden dropped his bag on the floor next to the desk and sat down on a chair that he had pulled out from the desk. Coyomon finally stopped looking around the room and walked up to his new friend and chuckled.

“Poor defenseless creature?” Coyomon sarcastically asked.

“I had to make it sound convincing.”

“I guess telling him the truth was out of the discussion.”

“How do you think that would turn out. Apparently I’m the only person in existence that didn’t know about digimon and he’s under the impression that they are dangerous creatures that are nothing more than ticking time bombs waiting to go off. If he found out that you are one, I don’t think I’ll ever see you again.”

“That sure is a tough situation you’re in.”

“Jaden?” A females voice called out as Jaden heard a knock on the door.

“I’m decent, you can come in grandma.” Jaden responded as his bedroom door opened up. “What can I help you with?”

Jaden’s grandma walked into the room and glanced over at the canine-like creature, which had climbed up onto the bed in the meantime, before looking back towards her grandson with a slight frown on her face. “You can help by telling me the truth.”

Coyomon’s eyes widened at that moment and Jaden swallowed a lump that instantly formed in his throat. “W-what?”

“Oh come on now Jaden, I know when you’re lying, and since when does a dog look like that?”

“I-I don’t know what you mean?”

“Jaden, she’s not buying it.” Coyomon suddenly spoke up. Earning himself gazes from both humans in the room, one of surprise and one of nervousness.

“Fine,” Jaden reluctantly agreeing with Coyomon. He looked at his grandma while scratching the side of his face. “If I tell you the truth, can you promise not to tell dad. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.”

“I promise dear.” His grandmother agreed with a slight smile forming.

“Okay, this dog is not actually a dog. But rather a digimon.”

“That much I’ve already figured out.”

“And his name isn’t Coy, it’s Coyomon. And he’s my partner.”

“You have to tell your father the truth.”

“I can’t tell him, I just can’t.”

“And why won’t you?”

“Because, you heard him last night when the news talked about the digimon sighting yesterday. He just went off on a half hour rant on how digimon are destructive beings who shouldn’t be here cause they will only cause pain and misery. I’m not sure what would happen if I tell him the truth about Coyomon. I just met Coyomon and I just became his tamer. I don’t want to lose him before I even get to know him.” Jaden’s head dropped as he finished talking. A silence then quickly descended on the room as Coyomon stared at his tamer while Jaden’s grandma walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

“I understand if you feel that you’re not ready to tell you dad, but he’ll find out eventually. Weather it’s from you or an outside source that he finds out from is in your hands.” His grandma smiled as she knelt down to be at eye level with him. “I know for a fact that you’re mother would be proud of you, no matter the choice you make.”

“If only she was here, maybe she could help me understand what I have to do, it’s just making me feel alone. After you head back to the U.S. I’ll just feel alone again, coming home to an empty house again, and that my dad working for all hours of the day doesn’t make me feel any better.”

“Jaden, you have to remember to remember that you’re mother is in a better place now and she’s able to watch you grow up every day. You shouldn’t think that you’re alone ever.” Jaden’s grandma stood up and began to leave the room. “Your mother is with you always, even when it doesn’t seem like she is.”

After his grandma had left the room, Jaden looked at the ground, a increasingly saddened look on his face as Coyomon walked up to his tamer. “Jaden?”

“Huh, what is it Coyomon?”

“What happened?”

Jaden rubbed his eyes before sighing, “I guess if I should tell you everything about me, I have to tell you all there is to know.”

To Be Continued…
Back to top Go down

Going Digital Part 3 (a.k.a. FUCK YOU WRITERS BLOCK!)
Page 1 of 1