Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From The Ashes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 am

It was an amazing effort on your guy's behalf that I believe motivated us admins to write this show. As you all know, FTA is the biggest PPV on the IWF calendar, and I reckon together, we made it as such. Please give us your opinions on the show, and congratulations to all the winners Razz
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 am

That was truly my favorite show in IWF so far. Hopefully I'm not wrong on that. I don't know if it was because of the high RP count making all the matches competitive, or 4 of the 5 writers being on top of their game (with that last one only off because Irene is a dirty bitch), or that all 5 writers had a piece for the show, or because the matches were all written to the best of our ability....or maybe it's just because it was From the Ashes, so everything I read and wrote seemed magnified.

Anyway, I loved it, beginning to end. I think VVR and Jason had an awesome idea for those hype videos before each match, because they really added some emotion and excitement to what you were about to see. It really gave the matches some meaning, reminded people (and for those who hadn't read Battle Grounds,) gave them a way to see that it was way more than two guys fighting. It was two guys fighting because they were PISSED (or in the event of the New Blood and High Impact matches, that they were fighting in crazy matches that not just anyone could win). Added to the match, added to the storylines, added to the victory for the guy who won it...everything.

The main event was fucking awesome. It was literally the ONLY thing we assigned SD, for exactly that reason: We wanted him to focus on that, and only that, and make sure it was every bit as awesome as the main event of the biggest event should be. SD never disappoints, and sure enough, that's almost 100% guaranteed to be a match of the year candidate.

I feel like I'm just kissing the show's ass, so I will point out the one issue I had: We need to work on formatting stuff. It seems like it's sort of divided down the middle. Like, we have two of the writers who usually write like so:

Johnny - This match is awesome!

Rick - Of course! Ess Dee wrote it!

And then we have some writers who write like this:

Johnny: If I had long hair, you think Alison would fuck me?

Rick: Only if you told her you'd let her play with your SHOCK STICK! HAHAHA!

I mean, it's a really tiny thing to notice, but at the same time, it's one of those "our shows would be 100% awesome, but I have to dock it 2 points for the mismatches formatting, so it's at 98% awesome."

But that's really my only complaint, at least about this particular show.

Anyway, awesome work to all involved, and thanks to all who RP'ed this week. We got some big shit in the works for the upcoming weeks, a lot of stuff being set up, and I'm hoping Fallout turns out to be half as awesome as FTA was.

You guys really made our biggest event something to be proud of. Thank you, and pat yourselves on the back.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:48 am

The Main Event was fucking awesome, my two favorite were the Main Event and the High Impact Championship Match, but all the matches were fucking great. For real, this even is going to be remembered and I already cant wait for the next FTA, its hard to think the next one will top this one, but the freaky shit about that is it will which is crazy cuz i dont know how it could.

Wanna know one thing that was going through Sharks mind as he was getting jumped though?
"Oh its okay, Team Swag will be here any minute now, they got my back, Im good...... there not here yet...... why are they, OW, that fucking hurt, why are they not here yet???, where ma goons at??" Sad
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:30 am

Chuck Matthews wrote:
I feel like I'm just kissing the show's ass, so I will point out the one issue I had: We need to work on formatting stuff. It seems like it's sort of divided down the middle. Like, we have two of the writers who usually write like so:

Johnny - This match is awesome!

Rick - Of course! Ess Dee wrote it!

And then we have some writers who write like this:

Johnny: If I had long hair, you think Alison would fuck me?

Rick: Only if you told her you'd let her play with your SHOCK STICK! HAHAHA!

I mean, it's a really tiny thing to notice, but at the same time, it's one of those "our shows would be 100% awesome, but I have to dock it 2 points for the mismatches formatting, so it's at 98% awesome."

But that's really my only complaint, at least about this particular show.

FUCK THOSE DASHES, HYPHENS ALL THE WAY!!

LOL Nah I actually did notice that as well. We admins have to get together and sort it out for real Razz

Anyway, I echo all of Chuck's other statements as well. The show was unbelievable, every single match was enjoyable, even the one-sided Carmine vs. Timmy match was great fun to read. The High Impact fourway match was probably one of the best mid-card matches we have ever had, and just such an exciting contest.

Oh, and props go out to whoever wrote the Frank Hart-Chuck Matthews match (From memory it was Brandon) for having an Xbox 360 used as a weapon in their match. You just don't see that shit anywhere else besides IWF! Wink
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 am

This was by far hands down the most awesome show I have ever been a part of. The fact that Jason and I had a brain storm in the chatbox and it was used here is fucking awesome as well. Shows the power of the people and the chat in IWF!!! By far in my opinion the two sickest matches were The High Impact Title match and the Main Event. I usually don't quote lines from shows but this one was awesome in my opinion:

Rick – You can never count that man out. Vincent Van Rose is a fucking tank. If they had him during the Civil War, slavery would still be legal!

Not only is it funny as hell but oh so true!!! If Fallout and the PPV's that follow are even half as good as this, IWF will truly be the greatest fed I have been a part of ... SCREW YOU FMW!!! LOL. Congrats to the new Champs...CC and I are now the force to be reckoned with in this mother fucker!!! HELL YES!!!
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 am

I really enjoyed it defiantly the greatest show so far in IWF, I agree with VVR the main event and the triple cage high impact match was the best.

I loved my match all the action and impact, and the screamer moments loved them all. I'm obviously disappointed about the result because I seriously though I had the match. But yeah VVR, I'll get you when you least expect Twisted Evil

I loved all the segments

But there was one thing that really made me think "yeah right" and that was the masked man

I just thought to myself Dan Alexander??????? huh that makes alot of sense, I don't know if I'm missing something but I have no idea why Dan was the masked man all a long
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 am

Dan was the gas mask dude because he wanted Shark destroyed too T Ro. It made perfect semse to me. I was thinking the gas maskdude was either gonna be me or Dan and it was....DAN!!!
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:18 am

Dan was abused by his father every valentines day thats why hes fucked in the head... like really Dan, who THE FUCK makes a girl puke, then sits there and watches her eat it , you dutty dutty boy, I bet he liked it and wish he could have a taste of that slimy stinky sticky vomit
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:54 am

This show was off the chains! Every match was freaking sick! Congrats to CC on becoming the first man to be a two time world champion! Hands down the main-event was the crowning moment for a great show, great job to everyone who worked on it and to everyone who rped

I give this piece of art a 10 outta 10
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 am

Yo T-Ro Dan was the masked man for two reasons: One, Corey Casey contacted him and asked him to help him torture Shark. Two, Dan had extra incentive to help Corey because it would help him get revenge on Shark after he took his title and gave him a second injury Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From The Ashes
Page 1 of 1