Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Match of the Year

Go down 

Match of the Year
Brandon Macdonald [vs] James Shark [vs] Corey Casey
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap8%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Sean Libby [vs] Tyson Rowle [vs] Ryan Apollos [vs] Vincent Van Rose
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap23%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Chad Mason [vs] Ruben Ricardo Leon
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap0%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Brandon Macdonald [vs] Stygian
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap8%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Team Swag [vs] Corey Casey & Vincent Van Rose
 0% [ 0 ]
Corey Casey [vs] Shadow Demon
 0% [ 0 ]
Steel Angel [vs] Aric Voss
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap15%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Stygian [vs] James Shark
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap15%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Brandon Macdonald [vs] Chuck Matthews
Match of the Year I_vote_lcap31%Match of the Year I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Match of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Match of the Year   Match of the Year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:36 pm

The Match of the Year goes to the most competitive, intense, and all around entertaining match of the past few months. The award goes to all involved in the match, but is generally accepted by the victor.

Brandon Macdonald [vs] James Shark [vs] Corey Casey - From the Ashes
From the Ashes brought a full card of great matches, but it was the main event that proved exactly why From the Ashes was the biggest event of the IWF year. A close title bout that had been made extremely personal over the weeks, Shark sought to retain his IWF Title against two of the toughest competitors on the roster. When the dust settled, Corey Casey was the man standing tall...adjusting his newly won IWF Championship on his shoulder.

Sean Libby [vs] Tyson Rowle [vs] Ryan Apollos [vs] Vincent Van Rose - From the Ashes
At From the Ashes, the High Impact Championship was defended in one of the most sadistic structures IWF had to throw at them: The Pyramid. These four men put life and limb on the line, all in an effort to climb the Pyramid and claim what each thought they deserved most. In the end, it was a shocking finish that crowned Vincent Van Rose the High Impact Champion for the second time in his career.

Ruben Ricardo Leon [vs] Chad Mason - Isolation
Isolation is considered the second biggest event of the year, following only From the Ashes itself. This year saw a crazy Ladder match between Ruben Ricardo Leon and Chad Mason, brought about by the first ever Battle for the Briefcase Tournament. A strong battle ended with Ruben Ricardo Leon grabbing the coveted briefcase...a victory that would later make him the IWF Champion.

Brandon Macdonald [vs] Stygian - Rising Monarchy
At Rising Monarchy, Brandon Macdonald, winner of 11 straight matches, put not only his IWF Title on the line against Stygian, but also his career. In a match for the ages, that featured both men kicking out of finishing move after finishing move, it was Stygian who finally managed to keep Brandon down for a three count, winning his first ever IWF Championship and officially ending Brandon Macdonald's wrestling career

Team Swag [vs] Corey Casey & Vincent Van Rose - Battle Grounds VIII
At Battle Grounds VIII, Brandon and Shark teamed up as the original Team Swag to take on the rising team of VVR and Corey Casey. In what turned out to be a close battle full of finishing move after finishing move and near falls, it was the return of Nick Ridicule that eventually turned the tide in Swag's favor, aiding them on their way to victory

Corey Casey [vs] Shadow Demon - Heroes Also Die
At Heroes Also Die, Corey Casey and Shadow Demon engaged in a war inside Double Cage Horror, with the winner getting Battle Grounds General Manager powers. Back and forth all match long, with some insane moves by both men. It finally ended when Corey Casey delivered a Purifier through the top of the cell back into the ring. However, even though he was victorious, he was screwed out of the GM powers by Jason Hawk.

Steel Angel [vs] Aric Voss - Violent Impulse
Steel Angel was on the rise, about to get his unprecedented 5th title defines. But first he had to go through Aric Voss. In what was the first ever Trip to Oblivion match, both men put their bodies on the line in a back and forth affair. Aric Voss managed to pull off the victory by throwing Steel Angel off of the structure and through the announcers table, successfully winning the New Blood title.

Stygian [vs] James Shark - New Years Evil
James Shark returned from a few month long hiatus and immediately struck up a rivalry with Stygian, who was the High Impact Champion. The two engaged in one of the longest matches in IWF history. But don't let the length fool you. Every second of it was an exciting give and take by both men. They left it all in the ring, but in the end, Stygian was declared the winner after hitting a Baneblade off of the side of the ring, through a table and onto the floor. Neither men will be able to forget that match for a long time

Brandon Macdonald w/Ashley Matthews [vs] Chuck Matthews w/Anna Stone - Fallout
After an intensely personal rivalry, Brandon Macdonald and Chuck Matthews met in a match type never seen before. The only way they could lose is if their respective girlfriend threw in the towel for them. In a match involving, among other things, trash cans, glass bulbs, whips, tack covered tables, baseball bats and an exploding car, neither man gave an inch. In the end, both Anna Stone and Ashley Matthews decided they had seen enough, and threw in the towel at the same time, resulting in the match ending in a draw. Both men were rushed to the hospital after, and you can bet that they never quite recovered from that match.
Back to top Go down

Match of the Year
Page 1 of 1