Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show of the Year

Go down 

Show of the Year
Battle Grounds I
Show of the Year I_vote_lcap27%Show of the Year I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Battle Grounds VIII
Show of the Year I_vote_lcap0%Show of the Year I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Battle Grounds XVIII
Show of the Year I_vote_lcap45%Show of the Year I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Battle Grounds XI
Show of the Year I_vote_lcap9%Show of the Year I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Battle Grounds XXXIV
Show of the Year I_vote_lcap18%Show of the Year I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Show of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Show of the Year   Show of the Year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:47 pm

This award is granted to the show that advanced (or ended) storylines the best, had the best matches, and was overall the most entertaining throughout. This does not include Pay-Per-Views

Battle Grounds I: The Pilot Episode
What show could be better than the very first Battle Grounds in history? There was the 4 Full Throttle Qualifier matches that opened the show. And who could forget Connor O'Shannon winning the Hawks Nest Open for the High Impact Championship, becoming IWF's first champion. And then there was the rematch of all rematches, between Corey Casey and Loca Rosci, and this time, Corey got his revenge. And then finally, Brandon Macdonald defeated Chris Matthews in the long anticipated clash of the titans. A great show from top to bottom, one that kickstarted the IWF

Battle Grounds VIII: The Last Stand
Who could forget this show? It started off crazy, with General Manager Shadow Demon picking a random guy out of the crowd to fight a match. This was followed by a great tag team match, where the team of Jason Hawk and Matt Young defeated Connor O'Shannon and Sean O'Rourke. We saw Chad Mason and Ruben Ricardo Leon advance to the Battle for the Briefcase finals. And finally, arguably the match of the year, Team Swag against Corey Casey and Vincent Van Rose. And at the end of the match, the return of the one and only Nick Ridicule. Find a show that was better than this one

Battle Grounds XVIII: Title Turmoil
A very forgotten show, but one of the best. It was here that we really saw where the IWF was going after From the Ashes. Brandon Macdonald and Ashley Matthews, defeating Frank Hart, and then getting attacked by Chuck Matthews and Anna Stone after, making their match for Fallout. And that was only on the first half of the card. Johnny Styles managed to beat Corey Casey, thanks largely in part to interference by Ted Anderson, Angelo Darkness, and Jackky Dane. And then finally, Corey Casey accidentally cost Vincent Van Rose his beloved High Impact title to Tyson Rowle, leading to a huge match at Fallout between the two former friends.

Battle Grounds XI: James Shark Birthday Celebration
You only celebrate it once a year, and James Shark got to celebrate it IWF style. Shark won the main event against Chuck Matthews, destroying him and putting the Se7en leader on the shelf for the next month and a half. We also saw an extremely sexy (albeit non-competitive) bra and panties match between Sharky's Angels and Ashley Matthews and Alison Williams. And we can't forget that extremely underrated match between Dan Alexander and Shadow Demon now can we?

Battle Grounds XXXIV: SBK Hall of Fame Show
Arguably the greatest ring technician in the world, Johnny "SBK" Styles finally got the recognition he deserved, by being inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame. And he was inducted after a match with a very familiar face. Not only that, but we saw Chad Mason and libra both advance to the finals of the third Battle for the Briefcase tournament, as well as some old rivalries renewed by Corey Casey and Death Angel.
Back to top Go down

Show of the Year
Page 1 of 1