Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcomer of the Year

Go down 

Newcomer of the Year
Steel Angel
Newcomer of the Year I_vote_lcap53%Newcomer of the Year I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
Dan Alexander
Newcomer of the Year I_vote_lcap20%Newcomer of the Year I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Sean Libby
Newcomer of the Year I_vote_lcap7%Newcomer of the Year I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Vincent Van Rose
Newcomer of the Year I_vote_lcap0%Newcomer of the Year I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Stygian
Newcomer of the Year I_vote_lcap20%Newcomer of the Year I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Newcomer of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer of the Year   Newcomer of the Year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm

The Newcomer of the Year award recognizes the greatest overall competitor of the past season who was not a part of the IWF when it began one year ago

Steel Angel
After debuting a week before From the Ashes, Steel Angel went on what was, at the time, the biggest win streak in IWF history, until the record was later broken. He became the first ever New Blood Champion at From the Ashes, then proceeded to win 10 straight matches, including four title defences. Although he lost the New Blood Title to Aric Voss at Violent Impulse, he moved on to bigger and better things. He eventually challenged Brandon Macdonald for the IWF Title, but was unsuccessful. He then proceeded to challenge Corey Casey inside Double Cage Horror, but when the time came for the two to fight, Steel Angel came up just short. Still, the fact that he challenged both of these men speaks wonders about the year Steel Angel had.

Dan Alexander
Of all the newcomers to the IWF, Dan Alexander was by far the fastest rising. In his first match, he won a battle royal to become the number one contender for the IWF Championship. The next week, he lost to Brandon Macdonald in a title match, one which had the odds stacked against him, and that many people felt Dan should have won. But not even three weeks later, he defeated Ruben Ricardo Leon and became IWF Champion. After losing it to James Shark, Dan kidnapped his wife, and tortured her, and ultimately cost James Shark his title at From the Ashes. Dan Alexander then went to the finals of Battle for the Briefcase II, in which he lost again to Brandon Macdonald. A few weeks later, after a match with Stygian, Dan Alexander tragically passed away due to heart failure.

Sean Libby
Arguably the most overlooked of all the nominee's for this award, Sean Libby is no stranger to overcoming the odds. Having quietly complied one of the best win-loss record in the IWF, Sean Libby is a prime example of why you can't overlook anyone. Sean quickly rose up the ranks in the IWF, nearly pulling off a big upset against Brandon Macdonald in the Isolation Dome at Isolation. Eventually, he won the High Impact Championship, and held it for a while, before dropping it. While he may not have the championships that others have, you can't look past Sean Libby as a potential Newcomer of the Year.

Vincent Van Rose
This redneck really knows how to make an impact. In his first two months in the IWF, Vincent Van Rose flew up the ranks, and fought for a High Impact Title shot against Connor O'Shannon, who had held the title for over three months. Vincent defeated Connor inside a steel cage, and held the title for a month, before dropping it to Sean Libby. However, did that deter him? Of course not. One month later, in one of the best matches in IWF history, Vincent won back the title at From the Ashes. And while he was screwed out of the title two weeks later, he exacted his revenge by defeating Corey Casey for his first ever IWF Championship. It was all downhill from there, but no one can deny that Vincent Van Rose was one of the best newcomers this year in IWF.

Stygian
While Stygian was only in the IWF for a few months, it can be argued that no one had a better few months here in the IWF. In one of his very first matches, Stygian defeated Tyson Rowle for the High Impact Championship, and then immediately struck up beef with James Shark. At New Years Evil, Stygian defeated James Shark, successfully defending his title. A few weeks later, after the tragic death of Dan Alexander, Stygian was left opponent-less for Rising Monarchy. Thanks to that, he accepted a challenge from Brandon Macdonald, in which he had to give up his High Impact title to fight Brandon for the IWF Title. Stygian won, retired Brandon, and then strangely vanished from the IWF as quickly as he arrived.
Back to top Go down

Newcomer of the Year
Page 1 of 1