Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rivalry Of the Year

Go down 

Rivalry of the Year
Corey Casey and Vincent Van Rose
Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_lcap8%Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald
Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_lcap46%Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
James Shark and Stygian
Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_lcap15%Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Steel Angel and Aric Voss
Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_lcap8%Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
RHG and IIA
Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_lcap23%Rivalry Of the Year I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Rivalry Of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Rivalry Of the Year   Rivalry Of the Year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm

The Rivalry of the Year award goes to the feud with the most heat, as well as the most entertainment value in terms of people involved, hype, matches, and segments.

Corey Casey and Vincent Van Rose
While this rivalry wasn't extremely long or competitive, it was the backstory that really set up this one. Corey Casey took Vincent Van Rose under his wing when he came into the IWF. The two were great friends, and Corey helped Vincent win match after match, title after title. But Corey Casey eventually grew paranoid, and believed Vincent was after him, trying to steal his wife and ruin his life. And after Corey Casey accidentally cost Vincent his High Impact title, he'd had enough. The two met at Fallout, in a match that Vincent Van Rose dominated, sending Corey running off to the mountains to set his life straight.

Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald
While this rivalry wasn't very long lived, it was certainly personal. After a rough summer, Anna Stone filed for divorce with her husband Brandon Macdonald, suspicious of his cheating. As it turns out, Brandon HAD been cheating, for basically a year, with Ashley Matthews no less. Where it gets personal though, is that Anna had been cheating on him, with former broadcast partner Chuck Matthews, Ashley's step-father. The two couples engaged in back-and-forth attacks for a month, before finally facing off in a extremely brutal Girlfriend-Throws-In-The-Towel match, which resulted in blood being drawn, bones being broken, and a draw when both girls had decided that they had seen enough, and agreed to both throw in the towel.

James Shark and Stygian
This rivalry started from next to nothing, and became one of the most talked about ones in IWF history. After buying a ticket to watch Pick Your Poison, imagine James Shark's surprise when he was called out by Stygian after a match in which he won the High Impact title. Needless to say, Shark took it personally. After returning for a match against DA, Stygian went after Shark's famous right hand, but was unsuccessful. Eventually, the two met inside the ring at New Years Evil. In a highly competitive match, it was Stygian who came out on top in the end. However, Shark had put up quite the fight, and the two shared a handshake after the match as a sign of respect for one another

Steel Angel and Aric Voss
These two men were proof that anyone can make a compelling rivalry. Two men fighting, one who's goal was to win the New Blood title, while the other wanted to defend it enough times to trade it in for a more important title match. When these two met on Battle Grounds, it was Aric Voss who prevailed, however, Steel Angel kept the title by virtue of the disqualification victory. A week later, Steel Angel accepted Aric Voss' challenge at Violent Impulse, under one condition. They fought in Steel Angel's own Trip To Oblivion match! In the end, it was Aric Voss who managed to pull through, and defeat Steel Angel to win his first IWF title.

Right Honourable Gentlemen and Irish Insurgency Army
The RHG made their debut in the first couple weeks of IWF, and never looked back. Running rampant across shows, beating down anyone they could find, the British Bastards took the fight to anyone and everyone they came across...which eventually came back full circle when the Irish Insurgency Army was formed to put an end to their antics. The Right Honourable Gentlemen won the war at Isolation, when they defeated the IIA in the Isolation Dome...however, in-fighting and distrust caused the team to disband afterward anyway, and neither team has been heard from since. Could either team reform in the new year? Anything is possible
Back to top Go down

Rivalry Of the Year
Page 1 of 1