Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superstar of the Year

Go down 

Superstar of the Year
Brandon Macdonald
Superstar of the Year I_vote_lcap29%Superstar of the Year I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Corey Casey
Superstar of the Year I_vote_lcap24%Superstar of the Year I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
James Shark
Superstar of the Year I_vote_lcap41%Superstar of the Year I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
Chuck Matthews
Superstar of the Year I_vote_lcap6%Superstar of the Year I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Ruben Ricardo Leon
Superstar of the Year I_vote_lcap0%Superstar of the Year I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Superstar of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Superstar of the Year   Superstar of the Year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:50 pm

The Superstar of the Year award recognizes the greatest overall competitor of the past year, looking at success and accomplishment in the IWF.

Brandon Macdonald
What a year Brandon Macdonald had. Main eventing close to half of all of IWF's shows to date, he was a vital part of the federation. He was the second ever IWF Champion, and was the first and only person to successfully defend it. Upon losing the title, he took a two month hiatus after controversially "winning" the Path to Valhalla match. However it was the second half of the year where Brandon really took off. After losing at From the Ashes, he would go undefeated for an IWF record 15 straight matches, which included an 11-match win streak, also an IWF record. During this time he fought to a draw in arguably the most hardcore match in IWF history, against Chuck Matthews at Fallout. Later in this undefeated streak, he won the Battle for the Briefcase tournament, then used the briefcase later that night, defeated Robbie Hart, and won the IWF Championship. He then successfully defended the belt twice, which brought his total number of title defences to 3. To this day he remains the only wrestler to ever defend the IWF Championship even once. At Rising Monarchy, he put his career on the line in a match against Stygian, in which he was defeated.

Corey Casey
Corey Casey proved that as long as you are successful in the ring, you don't need to be the nicest guy outside of it. And boy was he successful in that ring. After helping found the IWF, Corey defeated Brandon Macdonald to become the first ever IWF Champion in history at IWF's very first PPV. While he lost the title one month later, that didn't stop him from getting back to the top. One week away from getting another title shot, Corey Casey threw it aside to take on a returning Nick Ridicule inside the Isolation Dome. While he was unsuccessful, he continued on his way, and became the first official winner of the Path to Valhalla match, exacting revenge on Nick Ridicule and booking his shot for the IWF Championship at From the Ashes. And on the biggest stage of them all, Corey Casey overcame tremendous odds and defeated Brandon Macdonald and James Shark, and became the first-ever two-time IWF Champion. A month later, Corey's personal life began to fall apart. He took a leave of absence, and recently returned to the IWF, whereupon he kept his Double Cage Horror undefeated streak alive, against a game Steel Angel.

James Shark
This year could very easily be dubbed "Year of the Swag". James Shark, the most swagalicious man on the entire planet really showed the world that he was for real this year. Starting off with a bang, Shark was IWF's first ever Full Throttle Champion. While he only held onto it for a month, before being screwed out of it by Jason Hawk, it was only the beginning. At Heroes Also Die, James Shark beat Dan Alexander to become the IWF Champion. After losing it at From the Ashes, thanks in part to interference by Dan Alexander, James Shark quit the IWF, due to issues with management. No one heard from or saw Shark, until Pick Your Poison, where he returned and started feuding with Stygian. After losing to Stygian in a match for the High Impact title at New Years Evil, Shark set his sights on the bigger prize. At Rising Monarchy, he won the High Impact Championship, thus becoming IWF's first ever Triple Crown Champion. He promptly gave up the belt to his partner Robbie Hart, and then proceeded to win his second IWF Championship at Nowhere to Run, as well as the tag team title belts.

Chuck Matthews
Pointing to Chuck Matthews' less than impressive record as a sign of a poor year would be a mistake. While its true that his record pales in comparison to the likes of Brandon Macdonald, James Shark, or Corey Casey, it doesn't reflect the year he truly had. Fighting against top notch competition nearly every week, Chuck complied impressive wins and close losses. Starting off as the colour commentator in IWF, he quickly returned to wrestling and rose to the top, leading a group of superstars into a battle with another stable before the summer months. At From the Ashes, Chuck successfully ended Frank Hart's career in a Devastation Match, improving his already superb record in said match. Chuck then revealed to the world that he was dating Brandon Macdonald's ex-wife, and the two engaged in a bloodbath of a match. Afterwards, Chuck Matthews came back as Brian Hunt, a loveable imitation artist wrestler. A few months later, after winning the tag team title belts with Jason Hawk, Chuck revealed that this had all been a clever ruse, and he was still his usual self. A few months after losing the tag belts, Chuck Matthews tragically passed away.

Ruben Ricardo Leon
While Ruben may not have won ten championship, or beaten fifteen wrestlers straight, this was certainly a year to remember for the Mexican fighter. After winning the first ever Battle for the Briefcase, Ruben proceeded to cash it in and defeat longtime rival Brandon Macdonald to win the IWF Championship, his first ever world championship. After losing it to a very strong Dan Alexander at Ragnarok, Ruben Ricardo Leon again defeated Brandon Macdonald in his supposed final match in IWF. Six months later, Ruben Ricardo Leon returned alongside Chuck Matthews' childhood friend, and together he and Craig Hemming defeated Jason Hawk and Chuck Matthews to become new IWF Tag Team Champions. After holding the belts for two months, Ruben and Craig lost to James Shark and Robbie Hart, in a match that gave Ruben a chance to win the IWF Championship

Back to top Go down

Superstar of the Year
Page 1 of 1