Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ruben Ricardo León

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ruben Ricardo León Empty
PostSubject: Ruben Ricardo León   Ruben Ricardo León I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Wrestler Name

Ruben
Ricardo León

Nickname

The Lion

Hometown

Villahermosa, Mexico

Lives

A mansion on the outskirts of Mexico City; a condo in Houston, Texas; a beach villa in Cancun; a mansion in Villahermosa

Weight

208lbs

Height

5'9

Favorite Speciality Match

Lion's Den

Speciality Weapons

Ladder

Entrance Music

Thrice - Firebreather

Alignment

Heel

Years Wrestling

"Welcome to the Lion's Den!"

Bio/Backround

Early Years

Ruben Ricardo León grew up in a poor but stable household in Villahermosa, Mexico as an only child. His father introduced him to the sport of Lucha Libre when he was very young, and from his first taste he knew that it was his destiny to grow up to be a Luchador. He began training at the local wrestling school in Villahermosa after dropping out of high school aged 17 and started his professional career two years later for the Union de Lucha Libre Villahermosa promotion.

It wasn't long before he got his big break and after two years wrestling the local circuit he was called up to the Consejo de Luchador Mundial, where he would go on to win over 10 Mexican National Championships in a variety of weight categories from Middleweight to Heavyweight.

Coming to America

He was picked up by the ill fated No Limit Wrestling Federation, and became one of the only Lucha Libre stars to make the breakthrough in the American market. He only won one title whilst with the company, the Golden Crown championship, and was widely hailed as the greatest wrestler to never have held a world title before the company closed down. He wrestled briefly for Fight the World, during the period when it took over under the leadership of Brandon Macdonald and Nick Ridicule.

Dawn of a New Day

After FTW and NLWF folded for good, Ruben reluctantly agreed to join IWF, in order to pursue the elusive World Championship he had been working for all his life. Life in IWF seemed to be more of the same, with RRL never quite breaking the glass ceiling. That is, until, he beat the odds and won the Battle for the Briefcase tournament, defeating Chad Mason at the Isolation PPV, after going through the favourite Corey Casey, and Brandon Macdonald's younger brother James to get there.

Rise to the Top

After winning the briefcase, Ruben cashed it in a couple of weeks later on Battle Grounds, taking advantage of Brandon Macdonald's drug-addled state to win his first ever World Championship. It was destined not to last, however, as 14 days later at Ragnarok, he was defeated in a very close match with Dan Alexander.

Back Home

A couple of weeks later, Ruben's first spell in the IWF came to an end as he revealed that the whole time he had been waiting for the opportune moment to take up a lucrative contract with a Mexican promotion. Feeling betrayed by Chuck Matthews, and despairing for the state of IWF, Ruben revealed his plans live on his final Battle Grounds, where he would later go on to defeat Brandon Macdonald for a second time in his last match in the United States.

Ruben returned to his homeland, and quickly rose to the top of the Liga de Luchadores, and it was less than a month before he had claimed the top title in the company's Middleweight division. Capturing a title activated a clause in his already multi-million dollar contracted that upper his wages even further, and it quickly became clear that the company owners didn't have the finance to pay the wages of someone who was now one of Mexico's top sporting stars.

The Return

A further clause in Ruben's long and protracted contract stipulated that if the LdL failed to pay his wages, majority ownership in the company would pass to Ruben. Not long after, the company failed to pay and the now money hungry Ruben, seemingly eschewing the honour that had characterised his time in America, activated the clause, then immediately sold his stake in the company to the highest bidder.

Sick of the false promises made in his homeland, Ruben decided to make a return to the States and to IWF. What is he seeking to achieve through this return remains to be seen...

Finishers

Tequila Slammer

Ruben get his opponent in to a tree of woe position, before climbing to the top turnbuckle. From there he gets hold of his opponents legs, so they are dangling down beneath him, then launches himself forward, slamming the opponents face in to the mat and landing, seated on their back, before applying a Boston Crab.

El Hurácan

Three hundred and sixty degree corkscrew shooting star press in to frog splash.

Fighting style

Lucha Libre/High Flyer

Favourite Moves

High Flying

1080 Moonsault
720 Splash
Frankensteiner
Shooting Star Press
Rope Walk to Huracanrana
Huracanrana
Frankensteiner
Various head scissors

Submission

Boston Crab

Picture Base for Wrestler Box and Signature

La Sombra

Ruben Ricardo León Lasombra

Attire

In Ring

Ruben always wears his mask whenever he is in public, and usually when he is in private too. He has a number of variations of color and slight design elements, but the basic core design of the mask never changes. He also wears a pair of loose wrestlingt that matches the design and color scheme of his mask at the time; they also have his name written down the side.

Out of the Ring

Outside of the ring he will be dressed in a smart casual manner, usually with open collar shirts and smart pants.

Career Accomplishments

Championships

No Limit Wrestling Federation Golden Crown Champion x 1
Insurgency Wrestling Federation Battle for the Briefcase Winner x 1
Insurgency Wrestling Federation Champion x 1
Insurgency Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champion x 1 (Current) w/ Craig Hemmind
Numerous championships in Lucha Libre at various weight classes

Entrance

The lights go out as the opening strain of 'Firebreather' by Thrice plays out over the speakers. They burst back on, accompanied by a wall of flame at the top of the ramp as the song kicks in, revealing Ruben Ricardo León sat on the stage, cross legged, his head bowed.

As the lyrics begin, he slowly lifts himself to his feet and stares at the ring, a look of pure concentration in his eyes.

Tell me are you free
Tell me are you free
In word or thought or deed
Tell me are you free
While the gallows stand

He begins to walk to the ring at a measured pace, never moving his gaze from the ring in front of him.

And bullets lance the bravest lungs
We fold our hands and hold our tongues

At the bottom of the ramp, he stops briefly and shakes his body to loosen the muscles.

Tell me are you free
When the fear falls in you
Tell me are you free
When the fear falls in you

Ruben climbs the steps to the ring and through the middle rope before moving over to the far turnbuckle. He climbs it, stares in to the crowd for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly roars, throwing his arms out to the side, causing red, white and green pyrotechnics to explode from the three other turnbuckles.

And bullets lance the bravest lungs
Will I fold my hands or hold my tongue

Finally, he leaps backwards off the turnbuckle, backflipping and landing in the centre of the ring.

[/color]
Back to top Go down

Ruben Ricardo León
Page 1 of 1