Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2 Empty
PostSubject: How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2   How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:03 pm

How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture vol. 2

The Year 2012

The scene opens on the lot of a film studio in Hollywood. There is a long avenue lined with palm trees and props from various films interspersed with large warehouse style buildings. A collection of executives in suits, cellphones clasped to their ears and deep in conversation. They are mixed with various tech crews in boiler suits shuffling back and forth between sets and sound stages, and beautiful blonde actors and actresses preening and posing.

There is a small security barrier blocking the avenue, complete with a hut for the guard. Ruben Ricardo León walks in to shot and up to the barrier, looking more than a bit lost. He stops and knocks on the window of the hut. The security guard inside, who was previously asleep, is woken up with a start by the masked man at his window.

Security Guard: Can I help you, pal?

Ruben Ricardo León: I'm here to meet Hank Henry.

Security Guard: You got an appointment?

Ruben Ricardo León: He just said to ask for him at the gate at 3.30.

The security guard grumbles to himself.

Security Guard: Goddamn executives thinking they can just send people to me and expect me to direct them like I'm some kind of friggin' switchboard service.

He picks up a telephone from his desk and dials a number.

Security Guard: Henry? Yeah, get your ass down here, you got a guest.

He replaces the phone on the hook and turns back to Ruben whilst simultaneously putting his feet up on the desk in front of him.

Security Guard: He'll be here in a minute.

Ruben Ricardo León: Oh, OK. Thanks.

The guard shuts his eyes and resumes his slumber, leaving Ruben on his own again. He looks around for a while in awe at his surroundings, trying to take it all in.

Hank Henry: Impressive, huh?

Hank Henry appears behind Ruben, who spins around. Hank extends his hand, which Ruben accepts and shakes. Hank looks around him casually.

Hank Henry: The place has come on a long way since I was an actor. I did a few flicks for Paramount back in the 80s.

Ruben Ricardo León: It certainly is an impressive place.

Hank Henry: I'm glad you decided to come, Ruben. Come with me.

Hank gestures with his hand and Ruben walks past him. They start off down the avenue in the direction of some of the warehouse covered soundstages.

Hank Henry: I'll be showing you some of the sets and you'll be meeting Wilmer, who is playing you.

Ruben Ricardo León: Wilmer?

Hank Henry: Wilmer Valderrama.

Ruben Ricardo León: The guy from That 70s Show?

Hank Henry: The same.

Ruben Ricardo León: Wow, he's pretty famous.

Hank Henry: I told you, Ruben, this movie is big business. Paramount's ploughing a shit ton of money in to this thing. No expense spared, you know?

Ruben Ricardo León: I...I'm a bit overwhelmed. I can't quite process that all this is actually happening.

Hank laughs and pats Ruben on the back with one of his mighty hands, knocking Ruben forward slightly.

Hank Henry: That's a pretty standard reaction, I think. I've known this industry inside out for 25 years and I think even I would be blown away if someone told me they were making a film out of my life, y'know?

Hank stops next to an inconspicuous looking door in the side of one of the warehouses.

Hank Henry: This is us.

Ruben stops too and looks at the door. Written on a placard on the door is the legend 'Masked – Ring Stage Set.' Hank coughs in to his hand and then bangs on the door a few times with his hand. They wait a few seconds and the door opens inwards, before a head appears around the side, wearing a headset.

Crewman: Yeah?

Hank Henry: I'm here to show this guy around.

Crewman: Who are you?

Hank flashes the badge which is clipped to his suit. The crewman rolls his eyes and shuts the door before opening it wide to let the two in. Hank strides in and Ruben follows. Through the door they are met with a huge soundstage filled with technical equipment. In the centre of the vast room is a film set. Ruben is taken aback as he immediately recognises an almost perfect reconstruction of the arena in which he won his first Mexican National Championship.

Ruben Ricardo León: It's...perfect.

Hank laughs again.

Hank Henry: These guys are the best. The researchers are very thorough. Come with me, I'll introduce you to Wilmer.

Ruben and Hank walk up to the ring which is set up in the middle of the filmset. Two men are stood in the centre, running through some choreographed fight moves. One of the men is wearing a mask very similar to Ruben's. Hank and Ruben stop by the ring and watch for a while, as the two men practice punches and kicks. Hank turns to Ruben.

Hank Henry: Wilmer's a good kid. He insists on wearing the mask when he's rehearsing to try and stay in character, and he's doing pretty well for someone that hasn't go much experience of doing fight scenes. Come on, let's go.

Hank walks up to the ring.

Hank Henry: Hey, Wilmer, come here kid, there's someone I want you to meet.

The two men in the ring stop what they're doing, and the one in the mask walks over to the edge of the ring, before climbing under the ropes and down the ring steps. As he approaches Hank and Ruben he removes his mask to reveal the smiling face of Wilmer Valderrama. He walks up to Ruben and extends his hand, which Ruben shakes.

Wilmer Valderrama: You must be Ruben. Dude, I'm a huge fan of yours. There's not enough Latino professional wrestlers, you know?

Ruben Ricardo León: I hear you, man.

Wilmer Valderrama: I've been a fan of yours since you were wrestling in the Mexican nationals. When I heard they were doing this film here at Paramount I bugged my agent about getting an audition for weeks. I really wanted to be a part of this project.

Ruben smiles.

Ruben Ricardo León: That's really great to hear. How is the film coming along?

Wilmer Valderrama: We've been filming a couple of months now but I only really started last week. I had to spend a while getting the right build and researching the role and stuff.

Ruben Ricardo León: I get you.

The man in the ring walks over to the ropes and leans on them.

Man: Hey, Wilmer, we got a tight schedule to follow, can we get back to things?

Wilmer Valderrama: Sure thing, Pete. I'll be there now.

Wilmer turns back to Ruben and looks sheepish.

Wilmer Valderrama: Sorry dude, got to get back, you know. It really was a pleasure to meet you.

Ruben Ricardo León: You too man. Keep up the good work I guess.

Wilmer Valderrama: Right back at you. Guess I'll probably see you at the premiere!

With that, Valderrama pulls his mask back down over his face and turns back towards the ring, walking up the steps and climbing back in to continue his sparring.

Hank Henry: Some guy, huh?

Ruben Ricardo León: He seems like a nice guy.

Hank Henry: Come on buddy. I'll show you some of the other sets. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...

How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2 Mexico-flag-small

Ruben Ricardo León: A favour, house Macdonald...

My biggest bugbear. Besides not having won a World Championship, there is one thing which has been a cloud over my career. Well, not one thing, one man. Brandon Macdonald. In my 7 or 8 months here in the States I have been unable to beat him in a match.

But last week I took the first step on the road to not only beating Brandon, but also to winning a World Championship at the same time. I stepped in to a ring with Brandon Jr, James Macdonald, and walked out less than 30 seconds later with a victory over a Macdonald under my belt. I got in there, hit the Tequila Slammer, and James Mac was tapping before you could say Villahermosa.

In a strange way, James helped me along the way to taking his brother's title from him. By lying down and taking his asskicking so well he has put me a step closer to winning the briefcase. When I beat Chad Mason at Isolation I will have gained the ability to change matches here in IWF, but that is not why I want the briefcase.

I want the briefcase so I can wait until the opportune moment to cash it in and pin Brandon Macdonald for the three count. Brandon lent me a hand to beat Corey Casey earlier in this tournament, but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement when it comes to taking his title from him.

Because I WILL win the briefcase, and I WILL be the World Champion. Mark my words.
Back to top Go down

How I Won My First World Championship Part VI: Ruben Ricardo León, the Motion Picture, vol. 2
Page 1 of 1