Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3 Empty
PostSubject: Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3   Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 am

"...the unknowing tool of his return will try to resist the call of his sirens. He will try to stand strong against the promises of the sirens who serve as his right and left hands. The unknowing and unwilling tool will meet with the sirens under false pretenses, lured in through the sirens' trickery and deceit. And it will be then that the sirens will sink their claws into the unknowing tool and drag him back into the life that he once lived. The sirens will offer the unknowing tool something that he can not resist..."

~The Book of the Saint

...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...

Park Grill
Chicago, Illinois
Thursday, March 15th

Waitress
Would you like another beer?

The waitress’ words force me to snap back into the present moment. I look down at the empty bottle of Corona Extra that I had been absent mindedly twirling around on the table top for the last half an hour. I quickly turn my attention from the empty bottle up to the waitress and give her a big smile

Corey Casey
Sure…why not?

The waitress smiles as she leans over and takes the empty bottle of beer. I nod my head in thanks as the waitress turns and walks back into the restaurant. I watch the waitress walk away as I slowly close my eyes and breathe in the smell of the warm Chicago city air. I slowly open my eyes and take in the scene that I had been staring at for the last half an hour.

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3 Chicago-Skyline-Gravitywave

The skyline seemed to stretch into eternity. Normally I would feel completely and totally at peace staring out over the city that had almost become a second home to me…and yet, here I was, on my 2nd beer of the afternoon and the knot in the pit of my stomach growing tighter and tighter with each passing second. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone for what seemed to be the thousandth time in the last half an hour. I immediately open up the text message I had received from the restricted number less than an hour and a half ago and read it over once more

To: Corey Casey

“Park Grill. 11 North Michigan Avenue. Two hours. Reservations are under the name Krysten Rollins”

My eyes begin to slowly shut as I whisper the name softly to the wind

Corey Casey
Krysten Rollins…

Could it be her? Could it be Doctor Krysten Durate. The woman who had stolen my heart while systematically healing me and helping me during my time in the Salinas Mental Asylum. No, it couldn’t be her, the name blatantly said Krysten ROLLINS. I think to myself

“So? She could’ve gotten married.”

I feel a sharp twinge in my heart as the thought races through my head. I had no right to be mad or even feel the slightest bit upset if she had gotten married. I mean, I was 6 months away from getting married myself…why should I deny her the pleasure of marriage and companionship? I had no right to feel anything but elation over the fact that she might’ve found the one person in this world who could make her feel truly happy…

Corey Casey
Even if it’s not me…

Waitress
Excuse me?

My eyes fly open and I see the confused look on the face of the waitress. I smile at her warmly

Corey Casey
Sorry…I didn’t realize you were there

The waitress looks me up and down for a moment before slowly setting the Corona down on the table in front of me

Waitress
It’s fine. I do that from time to time myself. In fact I…

The waitress trails off as her eyes slowly begin to grow to the size of marbles. I frown, seeing the nervousness and panic beginning to rapidly spread across the waitress’ face

Corey Casey
What’s wrong?

The waitress remains silent. Instead, she simply jerks her head directly behind me. I slowly turn around…

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3 The-agonist10

…and see a woman with long black and blue hair staring at me. The ring protruding from her lower lip along with the tattered clothes that she wore suggested that she had clearly either seen a lot of shit in her day or she was some sort of whore…but, given the way she was standing and the look of purpose that burned brightly in her eyes, I would’ve put my money on the latter of the two options. Suddenly feel myself flashback as a memory flashes before my eyes

…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…

August 3rd
Just after Revolution 32: Legacy 17

I turn my attention back to where Tommy is pointing and see Chuck walking towards the club exit. I notice that Chuck is being accompanied by two girls who look startlingly familiar. The two women were clearly sisters, their looks and their body language screamed that fact. But there was something about them…I couldn’t quite place where he knew them from…

Tommy Cornell
Where are you going Chuck? I know you people won’t let him leave without seeing an IMPACT, right?

I see one of the women lean in and she says something to Chuck. John Greed suddenly roars out

John Greed
TOO BAD IT ISN’T AS AWESOME OF A MOVE AS THE ANTI-CHRIST IMPACT!

But John’s words are drowned out by the cheers and clapping of the crowed club. I turn and flash John Greed a smile

Corey Casey
I bet people want to see the Anti-Christ Impact more, Greed!

John Greed nods his head enthusiastically

John Greed
You’re fucking right they do!

I point at Tommy who is now trying to whip the crowd into a frenzy while Chuck talks to a bouncer off to the side

Corey Casey
You go and tell Tommy that these people should get to see BOTH an Anti-Christ Impact and a Hollywood Impact!

John Greed snaps his fingers and a large smile spreads across his face

John Greed
The two best spears in the business done in public within seconds of each other?! FUCKING AWESOME!

John Greed turns and begins shoving his way towards Tommy who has gotten the crowded bar’s inhabitants to begin chanting “Hollywood Impact! Hollywood Impact!”

I turn and begin shoving my way through the crowd, trying to get close enough to Chuck to talk to him. Suddenly, I see Chuck take a few steps back and deliver a crushing Hollywood Impact to a large bouncer

Tommy Cornell
HOLLYWOOD IMPACT! HOLLYWOOD IMPACT! HOLLYWOOD IMPACT!

I finally manages to push his way through the crowd and call out

Corey Casey
Chuck!

Chuck turns and sees me walking up to him

Corey Casey
Chuck, your sister—

Chuck Matthews
Do I really want to hear what you’re about to say?

I open my mouth and am about to tell Chuck that I had talked with Jessica and that we were actually conversing like two normal human beings and that she had suddenly disappeared when the voice of Kelsey Daniels suddenly rings out from behind me

Kelsey Daniels
Where are you going?

I turn and see Kelsey appear at my side. I shoots Kelsey a dirty look

Chuck Matthews
I have some business I need to take care of

I can hear the stress in Chuck’s voice and the stressed out look that Chuck had on his face when he was talking to Chris earlier in the night suddenly flashes through my mind

Corey Casey
Everything alright?

One of the sisters suddenly cuts Chuck off before he has a chance to respond

Sister #1
Look, not that this conversation isn’t thrilling, but we really need to…oh come on

The sister, whose hair was a shocking color of blue and whose brown eyes were almost completely masked by make-up, looks over my shoulder, causing me to turn and see Alison Williams and Ted Anderson walk up to the group. Alison grabs Kelsey from behind, wrapping her arms around Kelsey’s waist

Ted Anderson
Going somewhere?

Alison Williams
Hey, I know you two!

Sister #1 buries her face in her hands

Sister #1
We don’t have time for this. Let’s go

Sister #1 grabs Chuck’s arm and pulls him through the doors and out into the cool Chicago night air. I watch as both the sisters and Chuck disappear through the exit. I begin to feel uneasiness well up inside me. Something was clearly not ok. I turn and look at Ted Anderson

Corey Casey
Ted, grab the crew and call the limo driver

Ted looks at Corey questioningly

Ted Anderson
Is the party over?

I don’t respond. I turn and walk towards the exit. I burst through the exit door and look left and right for any sign of Chuck and the two mysterious sisters, but they are already gone…

…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…:::…

Present moment

The woman with the blue hair slowly walks over to me and pulls out the chair directly across the table from where I was sitting. The woman with the blue hair looks at the waitress and gives her a small smile

Woman with the blue hair
Hi, I was wondering if…

I snap my fingers as the name of the woman sitting across from me suddenly explodes into my mind

Corey Casey
Trinity! Trinity Rollins!

The waitress and Trinity both look at me questioningly. The waitress slowly turns her attention back to Trinity, who shrugs as if to say “your guess is as good as mine.”

Waitress
Can I get you something?

Trinity looks at me from across the table, her eyes narrowing somewhat as she tries to peer through my skin and into the depths of my soul. After what seems like no longer than half a heartbeat, Trinity turns her attention back to the waitress…as if nothing had happened…

Trinity Rollins
I’ll have a Corona as well please

The waitress nods her head and then turns and disappears back into the restaurant. I reach out and grab my beer and bring it up to my lips as Trinity Rollins leans back in her chair

Trinity Rollins
Way to keep a low profile...

I chuckle as I take a long pull from the bottle. I knew exactly who this woman was that was sitting across the table from me

Corey Casey
I know who you are…you’re a manipulator…a scam artist…a professional black mailer. You’re nothing more than a bitch with an axe to grind. Speaking of bitches…

I lift my head and look around the roof top restaurant. After a moment of searching in vain, I turn my attention back to Trinity

Corey Casey
Where’s Kate?

Kate and Trinity Rollins…two women who were VERY good at what they did. These two had managed to manipulate both Chuck Matthews and Brenton Cyrus in their prime…and had gotten both men to do whatever they wanted. Trinity Rollins was the quieter of the two sisters…but she was also the most deadly. Trinity Rollins was cold, cunning, and calculating and had a record of being able to manipulate even the smartest of men. Meanwhile Kate Rollins was the more vocal of the two sisters. Covered in tattoos and seemingly always up for a party, Kate Rollins would be the type of girl to bring you home, fuck your brains out, then slit your throat while you slept next to her.

Long story short: the fact that Trinity Rollins was sitting in front of me not only meant that Kate Rollins was somewhere close by…it also meant that whoever they were working for wanted to make damn sure that I did whatever they wanted me to do.

Trinity Rollins
She’s occupied with other issues at the moment

I shake my head as I chuckle softly

Corey Casey
So, needless to say, she’s securing the perimeter…making sure I didn’t bring any back up…

A smirk appears on my face as I stare into the cold, emotionless eyes of Trinity Rollins

Corey Casey
Look, I can tell you right now, I’m here alone. For all I knew I was meeting…

Trinity Rollins
Doctor Krysten Duarte…your former shrink during your time in the Salinas Mental Asylum. Upon NLWF posting your bail and proving that you were in attendance at an NLWF sponsored event, you were paroled from the asylum…on the condition that Doctor Duarte be with you at all times in order to ensure that you were still receiving treatment. Two stops into the NLWF World War Tour you proclaimed your love for Dr. Duarte and the two of you began a short lived physical relationship. That relationship ended during the World War Tour’s stopover in London, England when Megan O’Day stormed into your hotel room and announced that you were already married to her

I try to hide the look of surprise that threatens to spread all over my features. It really shouldn’t surprise me that someone as well informed as Trinity Rollins knew all this personal information about me…and yet, what went down in the London hotel room all those years ago between Krysten, Megan O’Day and I was something that I thought only the three of us knew the specifics of. It’s Trinity’s turn to smirk as she leans back in her chair

Trinity Rollins
Weren’t expecting that shit were you?

Corey Casey
I assumed that you knew something about that whole incident

Trinity Rollins shrugs as the waitress arrives back at the table and places a Corona down in front of Trinity. Trinity smiles at the waitress and nods

Trinity Rollins
Thank you

The waitress returns Trinity’s smile while reaching into her waistband and removing a small notepad

Waitress
And will you two be having lunch this afternoon?

Trinity Rollins
No…we’re just two old friends meeting up for a beer, catching up on lost time, and discussing future plans

The way that Trinity said “future plans” made me feel extremely uneasy. The fact that the Rollins sisters were now involved in my life meant that there was storm coming…

Waitress
Ok well if you change your minds let me know

With that, the waitress turns and walks away. Trinity takes a sip of her beer before leaning forward, resting her elbows on the table. A deathly serious look appears on her face as she stares at me

Trinity Rollins
Look…let’s cut the bullshit here…Katie and I are working alongside your former friends…

Trinity Rollins removes the black leather bracelet on her right wrist. I look down at her wrist and see the familiar taped fist gripping a lightning bolt…the symbol of The Insurgency…

Corey Casey
So? What do my old friends want with me? It can’t possibly be about the money I borrowed from them to start IWF…because I fulfilled my end of the bargain. I gave you and my old friends all the information that they wanted from me about their enemies. I owe you and your new employers nothing

Trinity nods her head as she slowly puts her black leather bracelet back on, covering up the symbol tattooed on her wrist

Trinity Rollins
Yes and my employers would like to thank you for providing that service to them…but we need you to re-join the fold…or at least carry out one or two more jobs for us

I take a long swig of my beer as I stare into the cold, calculating features of Trinity Rollins. The money would be nice…but I didn’t need it. Now that I was a full time competitor in IWF again, I was getting my regular paychecks. Not to mention that all of Jess’ debts were paid off thanks to the money Chuck gave to Jess when he died. After a moment of sipping the beer, I slowly set the bottle back down on the table top

Corey Casey
I don’t know who you’ve been talking to…but I don’t do that type of shit anymore. My days as a tool of violence are over…they died the day that I walked over that plane in Nepal

It’s Trinity’s turn to take a pull from her beer as she looks me up and down. She was searching for a weakness, a twitch, something that she could use as a physical indicator that I was still seeing or hearing things. Her eyes seemed to pierce through me, analyzing not only my physical form but also the emotional and mental parts of me as well

Corey Casey
Go ahead…try and break me…try and stare me down and intimidate me with that arctic glare of yours. Because guess what? I’m perfectly sane. I don’t hear or see things that aren’t there anymore…The Lord is dead and gone darlin’. There is nothing that you have on me or my family that you could possibly use against me. So if recruiting me to re-join my former friends and become their tool was the only reason you decided to drive your little motorcycle over to my house yesterday and then call the radio station today, then congrats….you just wasted both of our time because I’m not interested.

I pound the rest of my beer, push my chair back, and reach into my back pocket. I pull out my wallet, reach inside, and throw a $10 bill down on the table

Corey Casey
I wouldn’t want you to have to pay for my drinks…that would just be rude

I turn, fully intending to put this psychotic and manipulative bitch in my rearview mirror as fast as possible, when her voice suddenly causes me to freeze where I am standing

Trinity Rollins
We know who killed Chuck Matthews

I knew that I should keep walking…that I should pretend that finding out how and why Chuck died didn’t mean a damn thing to me…and yet, I couldn’t make my legs work. I couldn’t bring myself to just walk away from this information. Jess had been torn up since Chuck died. She always told me that she wanted to figure out why and how Chuck died…that knowing how her brother died would put her mind at rest and allow her to finally move on. Jess was especially scared because she believed that Chuck might’ve died from sort of genetic disease…a genetic disease that one of our children might have inherited. She had tried talking to her mother but Amy Matthews had become especially hateful recently and Jess had gotten nowhere fast.

And yet…here was Trinity Rollins…sitting there, no doubt, with a big ass smirk on her face, just dangling this information out there like a carrot on a stick. My knee jerk reaction was to try and act uncaring…aloof…like I didn’t care who or why Chuck died. Then, I remembered that I was dealing with a woman who was essentially the female equivalent of Chuck Matthews and quickly decide to just act as I would normally act. I turn around and catch the attention of our waitress.

Corey Casey
Excuse…excuse me miss?

The waitress comes back over to our table

Waitress
Yes?

I sit down in the chair across from Trinity and look up at the waitress

Corey Casey
I’m going to need another beer

The waitress nods her head and turns and walks away. I then turn my attention back to Trinity

Corey Casey
So…what do you need from me?

An evil smile spreads across Trinity Rollins’ features as she settles back in her chair

Trinity Rollins
It’s not what we need from you…it’s what we need you to do…

TO BE CONTINUED…

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3 Crimecraft-psd56393

…:::…
…::: Kick ‘Em While They’re Down :::…

Sho’No Mercy…a name that might send fear ripping through the hearts of everyone in the mid-card…a name that has been associated with some of the greatest and most noteworthy victories, title reigns, and historical moments in IWF history. SNM, for those of you who seem to forget, was the guy who won the…uh…well you know, he won that title there…

…wait…he hasn’t held a title yet has he? No? Ok that’s fine, I bet he’s done other shit that would make him the best man to get the first title shot against newly crowned IWF World Heavyweight Champion James Shark! I bet he’s the guy who might’ve kidnapped Sharky’s wife and is holding her for ransom unless Sharky faces him in a title match! Yeah! I bet that SNM is definitely doing something devious like that!

…wait…he’s not? He just started banging Sharky’s old girlfriend after Sharky dumped her? Well…that’s less than exciting…and even less of a reason that Sharky should give two shits about this guy. There has got to be some sort of rhyme or reason that SNM is getting a title shot against Sharky. I mean, this guy is nothing more than a nobody with a big mouth…a glorified black Tim Patrick…AKA- a guy who has little to no skill in the ring but who likes to hit people with foreign objects because it gives them that “funny feeling” down in their trousers.

You know SNM, now that I’m thinking about it, you and old Timmy Patrick have a lot in common. You both lie to hit dudes with weapons…mostly because neither of you has a lick of skill in the ring and so you resort to tactics that require you to bash with weapons and then grin and cheer like a downs kid at McDonalds. You and Tim both came into your respective feds with a lot of hype, a lot of build-up, and you both were touting yourself as future world champions…and, much like Tim Patrick did, when the lights shine their brightest and you finally get that main event spot, you fucking choke. You cave under the pressure. You turn into a little sobbing bitch who does nothing for 45 minutes and then finally eats a finisher and lies there, like a slut on prom night, waiting for your opponent to pin you.

I honestly am not even going to waste my breath anymore man. I’m really not. Because if I did, I would sit here and I would read you a little story. A story about a guy who came from nothing and who, over the course of a 6 year period, went from a show opener to a main eventer, to a multiple time world champion, to one of the three founders of the greatest federation the world has ever seen. I would tell you about all the titles that this guy had won and all the historical markers that he had broken over the course of his career. I would run down the list of his accomplishments, the list of people that he had defeated inside of the Double Cell Horror, I would tell you that this man is 11-0-1 inside that demonic structure and then I would tell you how he was undefeated while fighting in the city of Boston. I would tell you that this guy has either founded or been a part of every single powerful faction that has been started in both NLWF and IWF. I would show you clips of the matches that he’s completely and totally dominated his opponent and legends lying in a bloody and broken heap while he stands over them victorious.

I would show and tell you all these things…and then I would tell you that the man I just was speaking about was me.

But like I said, I’m not even going to waste my breath. Because comparing you to me is like comparing a worm to Godzilla. You thinking that you stand a chance in the ring with me is like a salmon thinking it has a chance of fucking up a grizzly bear. You thinking that you can last even five fucking minutes in the ring with me is like a goddamn clown fish thinking it can go one on one with a Great White Shark. At the end of the day SNM, it would just be better for everyone involved if you just didn’t even bother showing up to Battle Grounds. You know why?

Because at least if you didn’t show up, you could make up some bullshit excuse and then go on thinking that you are God’s gift to wrestling. At least if you didn’t show up, people would talk about you because they would be wondering just how bad Corey Casey would’ve fucked you up. At least if you didn’t show up, you could simply point out to the world that you’re going to be the future of this business and how you plan on taking James Shark’s title at Spring Fling and becoming the greatest champion that this industry has ever known.

Because I guarantee you one thing SNM…if you do end up coming to Battle Grounds this week…if you do end up walking down the entrance ramp and steeping in between the ropes…if you do plan on standing toe to toe against me…

I will straight fuck your day up
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Rise of a Saint-Pt. 3
Page 1 of 1