Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edge of the Earth.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 am

We find the resident new comer to the IWF, Silas Romero, sitting out in the back parking lot of the Joe Lewis Arena. He wore a simply black zip up hoodie with the hood pulled up over his head, along with a pair of tattered and torn Bullhead jeans. Smoke billowed out from the hood, as it was now clear that he was once again smoking a cigarette. Silas kicked the rocks that sat around his feet, that were covered in a pair of black and white low top Converse All-Stars, all while sitting on the little yellow cement block that sits at the edge of parking spaces. After a while of solitude, a tiny hand tapped Silas on the back of his right shoulder. This didn't exactly sit well with Silas, as he flung his cigarette off into the distance.

SILAS ROMERO: This had better be good..

Silas stood up slowly, not even bothering to turn around as he did so. He rotated his neck around slowly, loosening up a bit before finally turning around. Though, when he turned around he was pleasantly surprised. A sly smirk crept across his face, as he pulled down his hood, revealing his perfectly done up hair.

SILAS ROMERO: How can I help you?
Back to top Go down

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 am

Edge of the Earth. 8zrbyw

Her eyes traced the flicking motion of his wrist, watching as he flicked the cigarette carelessly away from him. Lennox couldn't help but crinkle her nose in a disgusted fashion. The urge to chase it down and stomp on it was certainly there, but the urge to protect her shoes and her clothes from smelling like smoke outweighed that by a mile. Carrying a Louis Vuitton handbag that accentuated her cardigan, red bodice top, blue skinny cut jeans, and knee-high black boots, she gave her long, sandy blonde tresses a little toss and did her best to keep as far away from the astrew 'cancer stick' as possible.

Giving this man a somewhat hardened look, Lennox couldn't help but sneer. He seemed so ... rough around the edges. To say the very least possible. She considered herself fairly dapper, somewhat high class. He seemed so beneath that. The Saint-Pierre native pursed her lips together a bit, giving the tramp-like man a very ladylike grin. See what I did there?

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → You didn't need to toss your cigarette away. I was just going to ask you to put it out at least until I rolled the windows up on my car. It's a rental.

She then had to muster up some strength as she walked towards the car that was to one side of the brick he was sitting on. Holding her cardigan away from the cigarette, trying to prvent the smoke from hitting her coat, she stomped a foot right onto the smoking butt and rubbed it into the asphalt. Immediately, she dreaded herself for leaving the windows cracked even just the slightest. Opening the driver's side door, she had grabbed her forgotten phone and let out a cough, pouting at the inevitable, infiltrating stench.

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → Oh pas. L'intérieur sentait la cigarette.

Lennox pouted, cursing under her breath in her native language of French. Still, she had to keep face. This business had some people that would eat you alive if you let them know that something, even something so small, was bugging you. Slipping out of the car, her body betrayed her mind as she slammed the door to the car in a small, minor hissy fit. Unlocking the cell phone, she gave it a brief glance. A few messages, but none of real importance. Placing the phone in her purse, she sent a glance his way.

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → You know smoking is bad for your health ... now I'm going to have to slice an apple in half and leave it in the car overnight. What a pain.

She sulked silently, unable to stop herself from giving him a slightly dirty look. It was in that dirty look though that she took in his rugged facial features. Passably handsome. A bit too much of a bad boy for her liking, a bit dirty and unkept. But, that wasn't what had her attention ... it was the feeling of deja vu. The idea that she maybe knew him from somewhere. But where? She couldn't exactly place it.

word count: who really cares? › tag: silas › attire: described › notes: watching mulan, ftw. #teamnostalgia also, too into making temps lately c= oh well.
Back to top Go down

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:26 am

Silas simply starred down at her, the smirk never leaving his face.. even after the lecture.

SILAS ROMERO: Great.. Another stuck up little girl, trying to tell me what to do. Cigarettes are bad for me, really? You think I didn't know that, lady? I drive too fast and drink too much to really care about smokin' taking a couple years off my life. In the end, we all die eventually.. So, what's the kids say? YOLO? God, I can't believe I even let myself utter that.

He continued to look her over, examining the goods if you will.

SILAS ROMERO: I can't help but think you look familar.. But, it's probably 'cause you look like one of those uppity country club girls that I grew up with. That.. Or you're a groupie. But, just by looking at you.. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're too stuck up for that.

Silas folded his arms over his chest, while awaiting his response.

Back to top Go down

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 am

Edge of the Earth. 8zrbyw

Lennox snickered a little bit and folded her arms underneath her chest. Just who did this man think he was, talking to her like that?! Certainly not a gentleman. His looks didn't deceive him at all, but she loved to believe that her looks deceived her. She found herself clenching her teeth together, not wanting to interrupt his little verbal tirade, not out of respect for him but simply because she did believe with every ounce of her being that she was the bigger person in all of this. Not that it seemed like this man would argue with her for that title.

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → As gross as your habit of choice is, I don't think you could have annoyed me anymore ... until you said 'YOLO.' What idiot thinks that they'll live twice anyway? If they assume that, they don't deserve to live once. But I could've thrown your stupidity in your habit and your life's obvious motto away ... until you made your assumptions.

The Canadian didn't know why she was even bothering to continue this conversation. As far as she was concerned ... he didn't deserve it. Maybe it was a sheer magntism. She knew that there was nothing she could say to get him to change his ways. He was a stranger. But, that fighting spirit in her made it so that she had to at least try.

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → I'm a groupie? No. Not even in the slightest. I've worked too hard, for too long, to allow someone like you to rob me of my credentials. I've trained too hard, I've worked too hard, I've took too many bruises and broken bones for you or anybody else to think of me as anything but a wrestler and your equal! And as far as country clubs go ...

Her own angry rant had subsided for a few brief moments that felt like forever. Despite her tough front, Lennox was an incredibly guilty girl. It was no surprise that her parents wanted her to pursuit other endeavors that didn't mean they had to watch their baby girl in form-fitting spandex and wrestling. She hadn't so much as spoke to her parents. Which meant, no funds, and more importantly ... no country clubs. She missed that lifestyle. But, she wouldn't trade her job for anything in the world.

LENNOXLAROUX™ultra fierce femme fetale → I ... I haven't been in a very long time, and we'll leave it at that. Are we done here?

She asked as she glanced back at her rental car, making absolutely sure that the windows were rolled up incase he decided to light up again. Despite being in this business, Lennox had never really gone to look for trouble. Usually, people had problems with her -- not the other way around. Usually. Not wanting to continue this conversation, she glanced at her manicured fingernails and gently blew on their French tips.

word count: who really cares? › tag: silas › attire: described › notes: noooone.
Back to top Go down

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 am

Silas chuckled a bit at her words.

SILAS ROMERO: Well, Miss. .. Whatever your name is. I didn't actually say you were groupie, now did I? No, I simply said you could be, but judging by your attitude and wardrobe, you'd be too stuck up up for that, now wouldn't you? But..

He looked her up and down once more, much to her disgust.

SILAS ROMERO: Your looks are the only reason I'm bothering to keep this little conversation going. Plus, I liked the fact that you admitted I was right about the whole country club thing. I nailed that one, now didn't I? Or, is that the problem? Did I turn you down at some point, somewhere? Is that why you're comin' at me like such a.. What's the word?

Silas paused, trying to look as if he was really thinking for the word.

SILAS ROMERO: Oh, right.. A bitch. That's definitely the word. I mean, if I turned you down.. I apologize. How in the world could I have possibly turned you down? Unless, of course, you were actin' like this that time too. Then, I probably called you a bitch then, too. Deja vu, much?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edge of the Earth. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of the Earth.   Edge of the Earth. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edge of the Earth.
Page 1 of 1