Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade Empty
PostSubject: Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade   Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 am

Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade Match
Rosalie Knight [vs.] Vanessa Cade

Have at it, ladies!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade   Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:45 pm

OFF-CAMERA

“Urgh, always hated this part…”

The trainer’s room inside the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan, the kind of stay that a wrestler did anything but enjoy – especially when it was in a smaller, secluded room with the lights being completely out sans one flashlight that the trainer shone in both his eyes AFTER being helped out to the back of the arena by the EMT’s for the second time in a row. This time around, Vanessa’s condition wasn’t exactly anywhere near as bad as the afterward of her unification bout ladder match against Parker Wayde but she took a hell of a good shot and then some from newcomer Lennox Laroux. But there was a hint of annoyance as the trainer checked her for any and all signs of her condition getting worse. Without a doubt, Vanessa Cade would have to sit her ass down, rest and hope it didn’t get worse as she had one more match to go in another company in less than twenty-four hours before she could take time off.

“It may be a few days too late, but it’s definitely a concussion, miss Cade,” the IWF’s main doctor explained, sighing as he finished up on his end of things. “It was certainly triggered during bout against Mr. Wayde but considering how Laroux hit you earlier tonight and the fact we had to help you here…”

“I get it, I get it,” she said, annoyed enough as it is, wincing as she felt her head hurt. “How bad is it?”

“You are lucky, because there’s no big lingering effects. It’s unfortunate we didn’t catch it last week, but it is what it is,” the doctor explained. “Given enough rest on your end, I’d daresay five to six days…you’d be cleared for next week’s Battle Grounds.”

She nodded weakly. “Thanks doc,” Vanessa managed a small smile, before sighing. “I really shit the bed on this one, didn’t I?”

“If it makes you feel any better, it could have been a lot worse,” said the doctor. “At the same time, there’s going to be a lot of eyes on you to rebound from this one. Nature of this business and all.”

The small smile does not fade away from Cade’s face. “Once tore my rotator cuff and was kept out of all of this for an entire year.” A small sigh escapes her lips. “I know the feeling…having to prove people wrong about you again and again until they get it through their skulls that you haven’t lost a step.”

Nodding solemnly, the doctor pockets his flashlight. “Just make sure to take it easy for the next few days,” he said, before looking at Vanessa as she gradually made her way to a vertical base, taking one step forward. “Can you walk on your own?”

“Yeah. I don’t feel dizzy,” she explained, slowly but surely beginning to make her way out to the door before the door itself opened and another person reached out for Vanessa, gently grabbing her right arm and placing it around their shoulders.

“I’ll take over from here, doctor. Thank you for all your hard work,” said the voice outside the door – calm, soft and with a British accent to boot before helping out Vanessa beyond the small office. Vanessa squinted her eyes and looked down, still being a little sensitive to any and all bright lights at this point. “We’re close to the limo, dear…hang in there,” said the voice, which Vanessa was finally able to distinguish as her manager Mena Robertson’s voice.

The two finally made their way to the limo that usually awaited them after each of these shows since Vanessa’s ASWF debut – Mena helped Vanessa inside first before slipping inside of it herself, closing the door shut before it began to drive away from the Joe Louis Arena and without a doubt, towards the nearest airport.

For a while, there is silence between the two women before Vanessa managed to speak up.
“I hate Detroit…”

“Believe me, you’re not alone in that thought,” Mena replied, nodding in approval. “Never enjoyed my time here whenever I wrestled – the fans are great, but besides that, I have just never been a big fan of the things to do in the city itself.” She observed her client for a few seconds. “I could just have the limo drop you off at a nearby hospital and call Nicholas Flaher-”

“No,” Vanessa nearly shouted. Nicholas Flaherty, the owner of said other company she had a match in within less than twenty-four hours. No way in hell she wanted to give the man the satisfaction of calling this match off and ruin her out of a tag team title shot she earned along with her partner/girlfriend Tiffany Spencer. “I will be fine…let’s get to the jet, fly to Uprising and get this over with so I can rest and be ready for next week.”

“That loss did sting…worse, I’m pretty sure some of the critics that are pro-IWF are going to be more than ready to jump down your throat given what happened,” Mena explained. “Brace yourself for the worse…”

Even in her condition, Vanessa couldn’t help but a small chuckle before placing her left hand on her head. “Yeah. I know it’s coming. I’ll brave the storm and show them what the new Full Throttle champion can do.”

Mena nodded in approval. “Good girl. Now try to relax – I’ll let you know when we arrive.”

Doing her best, Vanessa leans back on the leather seating of the limo, crossing her legs and gradually closing her eyes. Needless to say, her first two weeks in Insurgency Wrestling Federation have seen the highest of highs and lowest of lows. Whatever challenges came about her way within the next week and the ones following it would no doubt decide her fate within the company along with bringing in challengers all across the land for the IWF Full Throttle title. Vanessa proved she could win a belt in a big-time situation, but whether she could hang with the remainder of the wild beasts within IWF…the verdict was still out on that. It was up to the “Woman With the Golden Elbow” to show them she had what it takes. But first…a little rest along the way to do her wonders.

----------------------

The cameras are on and we are inside of the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (where they still burn LeBron jerseys on sight, apparently), still a few hours prior to the massive three-hour special edition of Battle Grounds. The lens is fully displaying a rather fancy but modified area of the arena due to the proper background and lighting set up, the IWF logo sticking out in the best possible manner on the wall nearby – the proverbial interview area where the Insurgency’s finest and not so finest took it to the microphone before, during and sometimes after shows. Standing in front of the camera lenses, nicely and moderately dressed up – even if he looks a bit like a doofus – is one of the IWF’s main interviewers in Pasquale Semtex.

“Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time is the IWF Full Throttle champion, Vanessa Cade.”

Strolling into the view of the cameras, Vanessa Cade’s hair is tied in a ponytail as she is clad in a white, satin-made, buttoned up shirt complimented by a black, unbuttoned suit jacket, a pair of black dress pants and dress shoes to go along with it. One can also notice the black and golden IWF Full Throttle title resting on her right shoulder, its LED lights shining considerably every few seconds. The smile on her face brims with confidence as she places her hand on her hips, indicating with a nod for Pasquale to bring the fancy microphone she was holding closer to her lips and let her do one of the many things she believes herself to do best.

“High Impact Hustle is what they’re calling this edition…and quite frankly, I feel that as the IWF Full Throttle champion, I have to be one to rise up to the occasion and to make that impact in question. Last week…Laroux got me and she got me good last week.” She places her left hand on her head, still feeling some of the effects from the past few weeks. “My head’s still throbbing from that along with all the bullshit Parker Wayde threw at me after I unified the ASWF Uprising and IWF Full Throttle titles together. For that, she has my respect and without a doubt, I’ll likely end up seeing her again sooner or later…hell, it could be for the gold around my shoulders.”

“But until that day comes, let’s focus on the business ahead of us here. Tonight, I go one-on-one with a woman that’s also stomped a mudhole on Parker Wayde and walked it dry in Rosalie Knight. The so-called Queen of the Ring, Lady Knight, a woman who’s shown a plethora of potential here in IWF but that has been on a downward spiral as of late. Considering circumstances, her and I get to open the show…”

Vanessa breathes in deeply, a small sigh escaping him. “You are a confident woman, Rosalie. You are the kind of person that has faith in your own abilities along with great wrestling ability. However, for all your talk about being a Queen of the Ring and how we should bow to you…well, you haven’t exactly been showing you’re up to wearing the crown lately.” Vanessa adjusts the IWF Full Throttle title on her shoulder. “You career’s been up and down, your consistency has been nonexistent and well…when you consider the fact that I just demolished last week after the biggest win of my career so far, needless to say, I’m more than ready to let a whole lot of steam out. See, you can be the Queen of whatever it is you want to be…” She crosses her arms, rolling her eyes. “But when it comes to that wrestling ring…oh honey, you have no idea what in the hell you are in for when you step through those ropes to go up against me.”

The multiple losses over the last week for Vanessa Cade was a big blow to her pride along with the concussion she’s recovered from ever since and without a doubt, it showed in her voice how determined she was to bounce back at this week’s Battle Grounds.

“At any point in time when you go out into that ring, your passion gets tested. Physically, mentally, emotionally…you get put through the meat grinder with each and every week. Especially if you’re new to a company. Because they want to see how much they can stretch and turn you, they want to see what you’re made of and see if you have what it takes. To me, Rosalie, that’s my test here in IWF,” she explains, beginning to crack her knuckles as her blue eyes glance from Semtex to the camera lens. “To live up to the hype, to show that I have what it takes to be more than the opening bout each and every week, to put the entire IWF roster on notice with each and every performance that I put on. Given what happened last week, I know the dipshit CEO this company has is more than ready to try and bury me on commentary along with the crowd showing their doubts…got myself some pressure on my shoulders tonight, eh?”

Sighing, the IWF Full Throttle champion manages a sigh before a small smile curls up on her lips. “But I am looking forward to using that wrestling ring and opening the show as a way of letting out some steam. Rosalie Knight…I’m certain that you are going to do your absolute best this week. I am the IWF Full Throttle champion, after all – you managed to come up big here, you could be in line for a title shot.” The smile grows wider. “But see, my good friend in James Shark told me something earlier today that rings very true. ‘One mistake, one second, one elbow. It's a scary thought to know that's all it takes’ and believe me, he’s every bit correct about that, Rosalie,” she states, confidently. “One golden elbow and you will be finished entirely. No if’s, no and’s, no but’s. Tonight, I go out through that curtain and I make a statement to the entire Insurgency over your fallen, shattered jaw. And by the time Battle Grounds is over, all of IWF’s gonna learn that silence is golden…”

She unbuckles the title belt off her shoulder and slowly raises it in the air. “And so am I.”

She nods solemnly to Semtex and proceeds to turn on her heel, grinning widely as the cameras catch her making her way out of the interviewing area before fading to black.
Back to top Go down

Rosalie Knight [vs] Vanessa Cade
Page 1 of 1