Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  Empty
PostSubject: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage    Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 am

RP here
Back to top Go down
Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage    Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:57 pm

October 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Winston, Salem North Carolina
The Ghetto

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  Run-down-house

Cameras open up to see what looks to be a rough kind of neighborhood. Houses are beat up looking...almost as if they look haunted. Kids are just playing Hopscotch outside. Some are playing jacks while others are chasing a hula hoop with a stick. The camera man looked around until he saw me standing in front of a run down house. Usually I'd be dressed in my normal clothes, but this was a special occasion. I was dressed to the nines in a custom made black suit and red tie. My hair was in a ponytail as I had a microphone in hand. I was even wearing glasses which really made me look professional.

Griffin Hawkins - Ladies and Gentlemen...this is Griffin Hawkins..IWF Superstar, Future Champion...and all around swell guy reporting. And this is Salem North Carolina. What are we doing here? I am so glad you asked! Seeing as one of my opponents this week happens to be Parker Wayde, I decided to share some info with all the IWF fans about the humble beginnings of Parker Wayde, why he is the way he is, and that the only thing on him that has instant impact is the stink that comes from that nappy ass afro on his head. But how am I going to do it? Glad you asked. Reliable sources tell me that this house was the childhood home of one Parker Wayde. So come with me as I give you all a tour of the Wayde household...

Taking the cord attached to the microphone with me as I walk across the street to the home with the camera man following me. I was going to have a field day with this. I look up at the house in disgust.

Griffin Hawkins - My God....look at this dump! I bet Parker's family was so poor that they had to bring the garbage in. I mean look at the place...the front door and the back door are side by side for God's sake! Such poor conditions...but its not fair to keep harping on Parker..he wasn't the only one raised in this crack house. There was a whole litter of Wayde mutants who were born and raised in this dump. I'm talking about Parker's brothers Keenan Ivory and Damon Wayde...and his two sisters Rhianna and Beyonce Wayde. My intuition is telling me not to set foot in this hell hole..but as a journalist and a man of the people, its my duty to go inside and see what we can find about Parker Wayde.

I slowly open the door, its dark as night itself inside the home. The only way I can see around is by the cracks on the boards from the windows and the light on the camera.

Griffin Hawkins - Man...this reminds me of the ending to that Blair Witch movie..

Making our way through the living room, we come to a place that has light in it. With closer inspection, we see a sink and a fridge. This had to be the kitchen.

Griffin Hawkins - Ah the good old breakfast table! Many good times were shared here...this is where Parker and his family ate cereals such as Sugar Frosted Puffs, Cocoa Vampire, and Corpral Krispies! Never heard of these cereals? No big shock there, back then when you had food stamps..you couldn't really get by on much. Lets continue please!

I lead the way as we head back to the living room. Now that I can see inside, I can tell the people at home what it is.

Griffin Hawkins - Oh yeah...the Living Room! Parker had so many memories here. On Christmas he would rush down here to see what Dad looted....I mean...bought for him for being such a good boy. Other times he'd come down and see what strange man Santa left on top of his Mommy....good times I tell ya, good times.

I make my way out of the living room to upstairs. I can hear the stairs just creak under my weight as I slowly climbed them. Many rooms stood before me...I was afraid which one to go for first. I went to the bathroom..but as soon as I opened the door, a rat came running out.

Griffin Hawkins - That was the family pet...Ben.

I looked around at what was once a bathroom. There wasn't even a shower curtain on the tub.

Griffin Hawkins - The family bathroom...isn't it lovely?

I picked up what looked to be an old bucket.

Griffin Hawkins - This here served as a toilet...and over there was the tub. Sure there was...no curtains on the bathtub if you ever wanted a shower. But hey, you make with what you have. Lets see what else is up here.

I leave the bathroom and go to the room at the far end of the hallway. What I saw was a huge room, it looked to be the master bedroom.

Griffin Hawkins - Here we see the bedroom that Parker Wayde was conceived in. Course it was his old man who was foolish enough to forget to bring protection as he was having his way with Momma Wayde as James Brown was on the radio. But all wasn't well in paradise. Daddy Wayde told Momma Wayde that he couldn't take it anymore...it meaning Parker...and walked out on him. Momma Wayde had to work two jobs, deal in crack, and took on work as a prostitute...50 bucks a night...just to make ends meet. Such a sad sad time.

I take my microphone and walk further down the dark hall until I go to the last door on the left, a single bedroom.

Griffin Hawkins - Which brings us to the room of Parker Wayde. Here he would bring his Chicken, Watermelon, Cornbread, Grape Kool Aid and other snacks and hunker down right in front of this TV!

Course, it really wasn't a TV...well, much of one. It didn't even have an inner tube in it.

Griffin Hawkins - Okay so people in..his position couldn't afford an actual TV...but at least he could pretend! On this set he watched his favorite movies such as Dolemite..Krush Groove...and the all time classic..Boyz N The Hood. And if you look out the window here..

I motion to the dirty kiddie pool outside.

Griffin Hawkins - You will see the swimming pool he used to play in...but life wasn't all bean pies and collared greens...one day his Momma dropped him off at summer camp and goes.."Seeya later..forever!"...And drove off. he never saw her again. So it's no wonder why he seeks comfort in the Empire. But it might be just a matter of time before they kick his stank ass to the curb..

I decide that we have all seen enough and go back outside the house. I never thought I'd be so happy to see the sun again. I look to the camera once more.

"Well, that was the tour of the childhood home of Parker Wayde. He had some humble beginnings..but has climbed out of the filthy hole he's was in and became a Champion. But the question is, can he complete this Cinderella Story by defeating me and Ethan Cage in a Triple Threat Match? You'll have to stay tuned for that. Till then, this is Griffin Hawkins reporting.."

I give a smile to the camera before it fades to black.

---------------------------------------------

October 20th, 2012, 9:00 AM
Las Vegas Nevada
School..

Cameras then come back to me once again..only this time I'm not outside that crack house that Wayde likely grew up in. I look to be inside a School Hallway. Kids are coming inside and outside the halls while others are shutting their lockers.

Griffin Hawkins - Once again this is Griffin Hawkins reporting! I am in a place that's quite different this time. No longer am I in that rat infested hellhole...but in a more familiar place, High School. I got a tip from a reliable source that this is the exact High School that Ethan Cage went to. Many of my viewers are surprised he even made it to High School, the toughest 5 years of his life was the third grade. But no matter, as we go through this fine establishment, we'll see how Mr.Cage dealt with the trials and tribulations of his High School life...

I had just about everything set up. The School Store was handing out yearbooks and I decided to give it a look. I paid for one and turned to the page where Ethan's picture was. Course I paid a few kids to photoshop a picture of Ethan among the students.

Griffin Hawkins - Ah yes! Here Ethan himself...isn't he a handsome devil? It says here he was voted most unpopular...most unliked, and most likely to go through an Emo phase.
Man were they right about that..but lets hear from some of his former Teachers.."

I closed the book and went further down the hall into an empty classroom. There was a woman who had her hair tied up neatly in a bun and wore glasses. It was obviously my best friend Melanie Kessington who agreed to go along with this.

Griffin Hawkins - Excuse me uh..miss. Can we speak for a moment?

Melanie Kessington - Why sure, just call me miss Ms.Newbury.

Griffin Hawkins - Right, so Ms.Newbury, years ago, did you have a student named Ethan Cage?

Melanie Kessington - Oh..why yes I did.

Griffin Hawkins - Would you say he was a great student?

Melanie Kessington - Oh he was a very special boy...and I mean special boy..

Griffin Hawkins - What do you mean by...."Special" Ms.Newbury?

Melanie Kessington - Oh..well, to put it in a nice way..he moved a little bit slower than the other students. It took him quite a while to locate Texas on the map..course ihe didn't just have problems in my class..but other classes. It took him an entire week to figure out what 2 plus 2 is. But once he found out the teacher was so happy she gave him a cupcake!

Griffin Hawkins - Wow..that is awesome..

Melanie Kessington - It truly is. It was frustrating a little bit..and he had to repeat my class about...four times. But you should never give up on a special needs student.

Griffin Hawkins - You truly have a heart of gold Ms.Newbury.

She gives me a bright smile as I leave the classroom. I then go to the football field. The football players are pushing their limits, slamming into eachother. I then notice a blonde girl in a ponytail in a red track suit with a megaphone. Of course, it's Tiffani Michaels. She's doing her best in playing a no nonsense, take no shit Football Coach. She's not pleased with how the boys are faring against eachother.

Tiffani Michaels - Come on you spineless wimps! My dear sweet grandma can move better than you! You think this is hard?! I'm water boarded, thats hard!

I make my way over to Tiffani as she's watching the players.

Griffin Hawkins - Uh..excuse me ma'am?..

Tiffani quickly turned her head towards me.

Tiffani Michaels - What do you want girl pants?! Can't you see I'm trying to turn these candy asses into men?!

It was amazing how Tiffani was so in character...she scared even me.

Griffin Hawkins - I just came to talk to you Coach...uh...Coach..

Tiffani Michaels - Just call me Coach Bledsoe. But you will refer to me as ma'am..and if you even look at me cross eyed, I will drive my foot so far up your ass, you'll be sucking my toes from now until next Thursday..do I make myself clear?

Griffin Hawkins - Yes sir..I mean ma'am!...I just...wanted to ask you about Ethan Cage...

Her angry scowl then turns into a smile.

Tiffani Michaels - Ah Ethan Cage. You don't forget your students. He was a very valuable member on the team.

Griffin Hawkins - Oh..so was he the Quarter Back? Offensive Tackle?

Tiffani Michaels - Actually..he was the equipment manager.

I couldn't help but bust out laughing, but Tiffani wasn't amused.

Tiffani Michaels - You think that's funny you blonde little bitch?

I quickly stop, straightening my tie.

Griffin Hawkins - Uh...no..no of course not.

Tiffani Michaels - An equipment manager is a serious job. Making sure the uniforms were clean and tidy for the big game makes him important. Sure he was picked on by the players, stripped down to his skivies and thrown into the Women's locker room..which resulted in some more beatings..but he was still part of this team and it made him a man...kind of.

Griffin Hawkins - Wow..he must've been good Coach..

Tiffani Michaels - So good I had to retire his laundry basket.

Griffin Hawkins - Well, that's all I needed to hear. Nice talking Coach, good luck in the game..

Tiffani just stood there looking at me.

Tiffani Michaels -...Get off my field.

Her way of saying goodbye I guess. As me and the camera man walked off, I could hear Tiffani shouting at the players some more through her Megaphone.

Tiffani Michaels - You pansies play like old people screw, did anyone ever tell you that?!

I made it back to the hallway, but heard a commotion. There was blonde short haired jock with a Letterman's Jacket forcing a scrawny looking nerd to hand over his lunch money. With closer inspection, it was my best friend from childhood Mitch Shepard. I walked over to him as I held my microphone.

Griffin Hawkins - Uh...young man?

Mitch Shepard - Am I on cops?..

Griffin Hawkins - What? No of course not. This is an interview. Do you go to this school?

Mitch Shepard - Yes, the name is Moose Middleton, Defensive tackle!

Griffin Hawkins - You look a bit old to be here Moose..

Mitch Shepard - Well I've been kept back a few years..

Griffin Hawkins - Ah, well do you remember anything about seeing a young man named..Ethan Cage?

Like a typical dumb jock..it takes Mitch time to remember.

Mitch Shepard - Oh yeah! I used to pick on him all the time! He was so skinny and puny...he would always get beaten up on a daily basis.

Griffin Hawkins - I'm wondering..did he ever have a girlfriend?

Mitch Shepard - Oh yeah..then I stole him from her. He was going to go to the prom with her. He was so pissed off he challenged me to a fight after school. I thought he was going to hulk up and I would be in for a fight. All he gave me was one little love tap on the cheek. That's when I kicked the living crap out of him..

Griffin Hawkins - Ouch..and right before Prom..

Mitch Shepard - He still went...only it was with his cousin.

Griffin Hawkins - Damn..that's sad. Well it was nice talking to you...Moose.

Mitch Shepard - Glad I could help...oh wait I'm still on camera? Hi mom!

I quickly move away from him and face the camera.

Griffin Hawkins - Man..if Ethan Cage's life had a face...I would punch it. I think we have all seen enough ladies and gentlemen. I think Ethan is the way he is because quite frankly..he wasn't the most loved in High School..and that trend doesn't seem to be changing. But maybe he will have the chance to overcome all the abuse and adversity by winning The Triple Threat. I encourage all my viewers to stay tuned...this is Griffin Hawkins, signing off.

I once again flash that million dollar smile before the camera man fades to black.

-------------------------------------------

Cameras open up back in IWF Studios for a special promo. I'm no longer in a suit and tie and glasses. I'm dressed in my usual casual wear consisting of Black Jeans and a Dio T-Shirt. I'm sitting in a chair with the lights around me and a microphone in my shirt, prepared to speak my mind.

"Well..that was an interesting journey now wasn't it? We got to see what makes our friends Parker Wayde and Ethan Cage tick. Now that we got to know their story and history, now we get to see them fight. One of the main events of Battle Grounds is a Triple Threat Match involving myself...Parker Wade and Ethan Cage. These two superb athletes and many say that they are the best that IWF has to offer. Personally I'm tired of smacking Baron Tomson around..he's no longer a concern to me. I've got nothing left to prove to him. And if he ever decides he wants to try me again, I'll knock him on his ass just like before. But onto more important matters..."

I turn my chair a little...personally I like these chairs, you can spin and spin around until you're dizzy. Maybe I should have a race with Tiffani on these things..

"First we got a guy who has a tremendous chip on his shoulder...Ethan Cage. I gotta ask you Ethan..whats your fucking problem man? Why are you so hostile? Hell the only guesses I can come up with was you were probably stood up at the prom by the hottest girl in class, or maybe you were unloved as a kid...or sexually abused by a creepy uncle..whatever the case, you find it necessary to pick apart just about everyone. Not just their accomplishments..but what happened in their life. I mean really..making a mockery of Tiffani being raped? Wow..you're a real big man aren't you Ethan? You try so hard at trying to be an asshole, but you just come off as some pathetic little boy who has to rip on others just to feel better about yourself...I think thats it..."

Just call me Dr.Phil..only I have better hair than he is.

"When you tear down people like her...people like me and others, you're really tearing yourself down aren't you? When you hate us...you really hate yourself because things in your life outside the ring probably isn't going good is it? And if I can be your psychiatrist for a moment, I want to ask you if pointing out others flaws and mistakes make you feel better about yourself? What gives you the right to judge others? Having that briefcase doesn't make you the lord almighty. I'm sure that you have some skeletons in your closet yourself that one day people will bring to daylight. They say that people in glass houses should never throw stones. Me, I have a lot of faults, I made a lot of mistakes in my lifetime. But not once have I ever made an excuse for them nor have I ever derided others for the choices that they make in their lives. You on the other hand act like you're so fucking superior to everyone. You walk around like you're Mary Queen of Scots, Jesus and Brangelina all in one. But there will come a time when everything that you have done in your life will come back to haunt you..and then we'll see if you truly will judge others.."

I really didn't know what this dude's problem is. It is said that anyone who shoots off all that hate and resentment obviously has issues of their own.

But enough of this Sigmund Freud crap..lets get to now. I can see that look in your eyes Ethan. You had it in your eyes this week..and you had it in your eyes last week. You have a look that says nobody can beat me and nobody can touch me. But you know how many times I've seen that look in my opponent's eyes? Ten years...Ten years of my career. I'm not some rookie kid that's only been wrestling for a few months. I've been all around the world, from Canada, to Europe, to Mexico, to Japan, all the way back here. I've faced the best and beaten the best and main evented the grandest stage of all. And I have heard people say the same things that you've been saying. They all acted like they are the be all end all of the company itself. But you know who had that look in his eye before? Baron Tomson..your opponent at Violent Impulse. You can ask him if I am playing or not. Because last week he said that he was the backbone of The Empire and you know what happened? I broke the back of The Empire. So if you're looking to have a Barbecue with Tomson as the main course...you're a little late Jackson...because all you're doing is having my leftovers. But we will see if there will be enough of you to make it to Violent Impulse."

He won't be the first to beat Tomson, he'll just be a little bit late. Thats one accomplishment that I can hold over his head.

"You seem to have it in your head that me and Tiffani and Alexander Remington are here to take over the IWF just because we are former members of the UECW Roster. That's where you're wrong kid. This isn't WCW..and we're not the nWo. We're not here to make a hostile takeover. What we're here for is to prove that we are the best this industry has ever seen. So don't take it out on us just because a couple of Superstars from a major company are coming in and looking to take your spot. Thats the law of the wrestling jungle kid. It's eat or be eaten..and if you can't take it, find another jungle. We all are here to stay and there ain't a goddamn thing you can do about it. Me and Tiffani aren't here to take over the company, we're here to make it interesting by testing our skills against the best that IWF has to offer. Tiffani won her first taste of IWF gold in her first match a few weeks ago..and it will be just a matter of time before I get gold around this sexy waist. Because that's what we are all here for Ethan. We want titles, glory, fame, recognition, and the only way to get that is if you go against the best. And at Battle Grounds I'm going straight through you on my road to Championship gold."

Thing is, I don't know which title I'll go for, but whatever falls into my lap, I'll go straight for it. I won gold in every company I've worked for..why should this place be any different?

"You see Ethan, for weeks and weeks you've been running your mouth claiming that you want to face the best that IWF has to offer, saying people don't like you because you're so smug and go out there and back up everything you say. But the thing is Ethan, they don't hate you because you back up everything you say...they hate you because you're an ass. But me, I think you're damn impressive kid, one day you're going to be a huge..huge star. But today you really have to back up your words against someone who's been around the block for a long long time. Everything you're trying to accomplish, I've been there already. I know what it's like to be on the top of the heap, you don't. But I'm not going to be like the others who probably told you you'll never make it, thats probably what you want. But I'm saying you're getting a bit too big for your britches. Because at Battle Grounds...I will unleash hell on you. You're not facing some lowly jobber like Jack Savage or some wannabe badass like Baron Tomson, you're facing The Rock Soldier. A man who has been in the ring with them all, a man who has beaten down opponents bigger and badder than you. I welcome the opportunity to kick the living shit out of you, because quite frankly..the fans are sick and tired of you boring them to death with your long tedious promos...and just about every Superstar in that locker room wants someone to shut you up. So I am going to play genie and grant everyone's wishes because frankly, I think the whole world would be better off if you would just shut the fuck up.

Damn..I didn't even know this guy and I already wanted to pound his face in. He should really be careful who he mouths off to.

"Battlegrounds is not too far away. I plan on continuing to prove that I belong in this company among the best no matter how many haters like you try to put me down. And I definitely wouldn't mind beating some respect into your ignorant ass. You really want to prove you're the baddest? Well, this is your chance kid. Because I want the same thing you want, to be the best in Insurgency. I don't care who I have to go through, because I plan on reaching the top and getting some Championship Gold along the way. It might be the Uprising Championship, the Full Throttle Championship..who knows..maybe the IWF World Heavyweight Championship.
The possibilities are endless. So I refuse to let some gutless little douchebag like you stop me or tell me that I don't belong in this company. I'm here to stay in this company and that is something that you are never going to change. Battle Grounds will be our first official meeting and I can guarantee you...it'll be one you won't forget kid."

I knew that Ethan Cage would be a tough Superstar to beat, but a victory over someone
like him would make my stock rise.

"Which brings me to my other opponent in this Triple Threat Match. Parker Wayde. You and I are...not so different Parker. The both of us are journeymen who have been around quite a lot. Both of us have our fair share of titles that we've accumulated in previous companies we've worked for. Both of us are superb athletes in the prime of our careers. And more importantly...we both keep people talking over what we're going to do next. But the one of the differences between us Parky...its that you are part of The Empire. The same group that's been trying to take me out since the day I walked into this company. It's such a shame that a gifted athlete like yourself has to take orders from a scumbag.."

This wasn't me talking out of my ass, this kid has real promise..shame he's stuck kissing CC's ass.

"It really is a damn shame Parker, because someone like you shouldn't have to answer anybody...especially some suit and tie wearing chump who has to hide behind a couple of misfits. But this does interest me slightly dude, because you see...you happen to be sporting some gold around your waist. The Full Throttle title. Hell, if I pinned you in this match, that would put me in line for a future title shot against whomever is The Full Throttle Champion after Violent Impulse. And that is a damn good looking belt my friend, It looks good on you...but it would so much better around my waist. But I am not expecting you to hand me a shot right off the bat...I'm going to earn a shot at that very Championship so I can start off my IWF Career in style."

That gold would look damn good around my shoulder. It would give me a chance to take away something from The Empire.

"Your problem Wayde is that as good as you are..you are stuck in a group full of misfits. But if you are the man you say you are...then you'll leave the rest of the village people in the back and we will see who truly is the best. Maybe if I beat you I'll be the number one contender to the Full Throttle Title. Maybe I will...maybe I won't. But at Battlegrounds, I'm going to literally...smack the black off of you. The Empire is going down one by one. It started last week with Tomson, its going to continue with you, and then Remington..all until its down to just me and Corey Casey.."

I was indeed on a mission..Insurgency is going to be cleansed of The Empire.

"The Empire will crumble piece by piece..brick by brick. I've already taken care of Tomson...Phillip Joseph sounds good on my path of destruction. And unfortunately my man..you're next on the menu. The Empire is going down. You guys started a war than you're never going to finish. And I will be the last man you see before its all over. Sorry Parker, you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I will see to it that you suffer the same fate that Baron does..and the same fate that anyone in the Empire will if they foolishly decide to stop me on my road to the top. Till then..this is Griffin Hawkins..signing off."

Yep..you guessed it. I flash a smile for the camera as he turns it off, ending the scene.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage    Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Back in the study of the former associate of Parker Wayde sits a single camera. Though it has been mangled over the last two weeks, it still functions. If it were able to film itself, the people watching would see that it is a patchwork of duct tape and wooden slats. Parker had rigged up four slats, wrapped in duct tape to hold the lens up to the body of the camera. The result of the rigging caused the video produced by the camera to be grainy, and the colors seemed to be off. A sane person would have just replaced it after nearly destroying it twice. From the last two weeks though, people were starting to wonder if Parker fit that definition. He seemed to be on edge, but the odder he gets, the more focused he becomes. The man sits directly in front of the camera, no special lights, no old promos to read. Just Parker. Addressing anyone that will listen.

Parker: There will be no theatrics tonight. If that is what you are tuning in for I am sorry to have to disappoint you.

He stops and smiles, finding something funny in his last line. The people at home only notice the oddity once he draws attention to it. The thoughts are sent to the back of their mind though as Parker was only getting started in his address.

Parker: I guess that sounds weird, my apologizing to you people. I have made a pretty successful run of this company without giving two fucks what you people thought of me. Inside the ring it doesn't matter what you people are chanting anyways, if your head is in the game, and your eyes on your opponent, you don't even notice that there are people watching the fight. I know that isn't what your baby faces would have you believe. I know that all of you think that your cheers and claps bring people back to life when they are taking a beating... but it doesn't. You people are there to witness the show, you are not part of the show no matter how much you want to be.

He waves his hand at the screen, getting rid of the idea that got him off track. He didn't set up this camera to take pot shots at people that aren't here at the moment. The cheap heat that he would get as a result of the video wasn't his style. Parker is the type to speak his mind regardless of what anyone thought.

Parker: I was talking about the theatrics though. There is no stage around me. I don't have any quotes from Stygian that I am going to use to mock him. The room behind me is only dark and fuzzy because this camera has been kicked to shit. My clothing is what I wear in my everyday life. There won't be any third person bullshit tonight, and I sure as fuck am not going to waste my time putting up the disclaimer about the content of my rants. Those things were a shot at the big man. The IWF Champion, Stygian. He crushed me a month ago when he was a fake champion, and I was still trying to find my way to the next level. I crushed him once I found my place and he was a real champion. Look at what The Empire did to him last week. I don't need to make a video taking shots at him anymore. As far as I am concerned the problem we had is over. I got my last words on the subject last week. I stood my ground and laid a beating on the IWF Champion. That glass ceiling that I was trying to find a way through the first time I stepped into the ring with Stygian has been shattered. I am the High Impact Champion. I am the best that The Empire has to offer. I am still the most dominating new comer in IWF. There is no denying that I deserve to be in the top spot anymore. I have crushed two IWF Champions inside the ring. I have avenged my losses in one way or another. I have won two separate championships. I have become a draw worthy of being in the main event.

He reaches under his chair and pulls up the IWF High Impact Championship. A title that he has technically already won twice in this company. He looks at it and then back into the camera.

Parker: I could sit here and brag about this belt like anyone else that has held it before me. I could proudly display it on my shoulder all day everyday in order to give it the credibility that it has been lacking for much too long. The truth is though, I can already feel it starting to choke me. The longer I carry this belt the longer I have to feel it wrapping around my neck and strangling me. I can feel my throat closing when it is on my shoulder. I can feel my potential slowly fading away. This isn't the first time that I have gotten this feeling though. Almost as soon as I was handed the Full Throttle Championship I felt the same thing. I felt like I was the best of the worst. That wasn't quite good enough for me. Instead of hanging on to that strap I gave it away in an act of charity, and then I crushed the bitch that represented that title. Winning the High Impact wasn't the same; at least not at first. This belt was an accomplishment. This belt was something that people won before stepping up to the highest tier that we had to offer. I could be proud to have this strap to carry with me to shows. Then I started thinking about where it came from. James Shark held this title, and now he is too scared to even look at me. He is a joke. Hostyle Jones held this title. He failed when he created the Human Highlight Reels and then he wasn't seen again until I took this title from him, twice. Robbie Hart held this title. Look at what he ended up as. The IWF Champion that couldn't stand toe to toe with someone that was thought to be a rookie. The IWF Champion that dropped the ball and then got fired from the company. Robbie Hart was a top tier guy that neither Chuck Matthews nor Corey Casey were interested in recruiting. Who knows what happened to him? As a matter of fact who knows what happened to anyone that held this title before me? Stygian is the only one still in IWF that has held this title. It strangles people. This title kills careers faster than the Full Throttle Championship ever did, and that title killed itself and became something else.

He drops the title back down to the floor and his face shows his disgust at having to carry it around. It has a legacy of failure, and that is not a legacy that Parker Wayde wants to have to contend with for the rest of his career.

Parker: I can take care of that problem in the near future though. I imagine that there will come a time where I have won every title it is possible to win in this company. There will come a time where even a strap that notoriously holds people back will not be strong enough to suppress my momentum. When will that be? Who knows. With The Empire pushing me to the top there is really no telling where I could end up in a few cards time. I am already main eventing shows. I am already standing in the ring with the best..... the best.... Now isn't that a topic worth discussing. If you were to list the big players in IWF who would you say? Stygian? Jack Savage? Corey Casey? Chuck Matthews? Would I even qualify to be in that group? How about the likes of Griffin Hawkins or Ethan Cage? I don't think they even qualify to stand in the ring with a High Impact Champion, let alone get anywhere near the IWF Champion. Griffin Hawkins turned down The Empire to stand on his morals. Ethan Cage beat the likes of Ruby Winters and Jinx to get that title shot he carries around in a briefcase. Is that all you have to do to get a shot? I beat Jinx twice and took his title. Where is Parker's shot? These guys are a joke. These two do not compare in any way to me, and yet I am the one stuck in the ring with the two of them, or rather they are about to get stuck in the ring with me.

Parker: Griffin Hawkins is one of these kids that got a lucky start here. The guy teamed with Stygian in a main event almost right off the bat. Other than being carried through that match what has he done? What has he shown anybody that would make him worthy of getting in the ring with me? I had to work my way up to the spot that I am in and it seems like this insignificant fuck managed to luck his way into the picture. So he beat Blaze? Is that it? Who in the blue fuck is Blaze in this company? He has a shorter resume than Griffin himself. You all need to face the fact that Griffin Hawkins biggest contribution, his biggest achievement, the highlight reel of his career, was standing up to The Empire. Without that moment where he did nothing but run his mouth to Corey Casey, you people wouldn't even know his name. Hate me for saying it if you want, but you know it is true. He is shit. He doesn't deserve to be any higher on the card than the show opener. He doesn't deserve face time on Battlegrounds unless it is as some random member of the roster standing in the back when someone important walks by. Griffin Hawkins is a face that you should see in the background of something important. If Griffin Hawkins was in a movie, he wouldn't even be an anonymous henchmen that gets blown away when the action picks up. He would be the guy that you don't remember that was sitting in the back of a single frame of film. Saying he is insignificant is an insult to people that are insignificant. People like Ethan Cage.

Parker: Here we have another man that hasn't really done anything of note. True, he holds the championship briefcase. True, while he has that briefcase he is a heartbeat away from winning the title at any given moment. What were the challenges he had to go through to get to that point though? Sean Libby? He hasn't been seen here in more than a month. Jinx? You mean the shell of a clown that I left him? The man that fell to pieces after I walked all over him? Ethan Cage might have beaten him, but I beat him at the top of his game. Jinx was rolling through people in IWF. The first time I stepped into the ring with him, I stopped his momentum. The second time, I broke his spirits and left him less of a man. I took away his smile, as hard to believe as that is. Then, time for the finals came, the night of Fallout. What a valiant effort he gave. He went toe to toe with a member of Natural Law on the last night that Natural Law existed. He stepped in the ring with a dangerous competitor that almost pulled the win out from under his feet. The name of that person? Ruby Winters. Soak in the sarcasm. Let it really sink in how much of a lackluster accomplishment that is. To say that he beat the worst member of Natural Law is saying something, considering that we also had Beno and Ashten Cross. So yes, Ethan Cage won the battle for the briefcase, and didn't beat a soul that really mattered as he did it. This kid should be giving Vanessa Cade a run for her Uprising Title. He shouldn't be stepping into the ring with me. This is a kid that likes to fly. I am a star that likes to ground people into dust in that ring. He is a guy that thinks he is ready to be on this level. I am the guy that is dominating every single person that tries to pass me on the ladder to the top. This is a kid that has been on a good roll since signing his name on the dotted line. I am the guy that stops that momentum and helps you on the way out the door. I take out the trash of this company, and I look damn good doing it.

He looks proud of himself. For once there is no grandiose posturing. There is no third person. There is no self-indulgent behavior that led people to doubt him. Parker Wayde stepped in front of the camera to tell the truth, as he sees it. If the people watching at home thought he had broken the mold to this point, they were about to have their entire world flipped upside down.

Parker: This is the part where I build myself up, right? This is where I am supposed to say something about how unbeatable I am. I am supposed to close this thing out by making it seem like there is no way in hell that anyone else's hand is going to be raised at the end of this match but mine. I mean, I guess I have peppered my critique of my opponents with that flavoring. I guess I really made them look lackluster compared to me. That isn't me building myself up though, that is the truth. That is the sad truth about the people that you fans want to beat me. They aren't as good. They haven't accomplished as much. They aren't going anywhere in this business that I haven't already been. Parker Wayde is not unbeatable though. Not by any means. Honestly, if the results from tonight's show say that I walked into Battlegrounds 9-3-1 and walked out 9-4-1 I wouldn't be surprised. If at the end of the night, by any means, my shoulders are pinned to the ground, I am sure that nobody watching would be surprised. Stygian beat me within a minute not to long ago. Stygian technically beat me last week by DQ. Vanessa Cade and Rosalie Knight have walked away successful against me. I am not some unbeatable monster. I am not the biggest man. I am not the heaviest man. What I am is a technician of pain. I know how to take a person apart, so that by the time I lift them into the air, and blow their mind with an Instant Impact, they probably couldn't tell you what their name is. I dissect people in that ring so that before I even lock in JTO I know the only thing that a person can do in that situation is JUST TAP OUT. I take people, and I break them down. The bell rings at the beginning of the match and after that, nobody leaves the ring the same person that they walked in. That is the one thing that I can guarantee without even the slightest hesitation. These two men will not walk out. At best, ONE of them will limp out of the ring after the match.

Parker seems satisfied with the critique of himself. It isn't common that any superstar, let alone one as self serving as Parker would do anything to show weakness. His eyes move away from the camera and towards the shelves on the wall. Looking as if he is reading the spines of the books, he rolls back the words he had just said. He lets it sink in that not even he thinks that he is unstoppable. He feels his focus sharpen, knowing that he is not without his own boundaries.

Parker: Last week I left all of you with a single though. Stygian would not be able to have the repeat performance against me. He would not be able to crush me like he did a month ago. I said that he would look weak no matter what the end result was. If you look at the result, Stygian got picked apart by me for more than 1000 times the time he spent beating me last time. He threw his best shots at me and I got right back in his face every time. In the end he had to be saved from me by Bad Company. In the end he needed help to survive in the same ring as me. I made a promise last week, not that I would win, but that I would make Stygian look bad. I did that. I do not lie. I set goals for myself that may not coincide with what the record books show. So this week I leave you all with this thought: I may not win, but I will be laying out both of those fools at the end of the night. In all honesty, I am walking into Battlegrounds to crush these two "never-going-to-be's" and then I will go about my business. I don't care about the end result as much as I do about sending a message. That message is that you do not simply pass up Parker Wayde on your way to the top. As far as I am concerned the line to the main event picture starts behind me. These two do not have a chance to be the first one to lay me out in the ring and walk away unscathed. They don't have a chance of walking away unscathed at all. At the end of the night, one way or another, I will be the one that walks away from their lifeless bodies. It doesn't matter to me if I do that in the time between the bells, the time before the bell, or the time after the winner is announced.

Parker reaches down and picks up the title that he was too disgusted to look at earlier in the night. He stands up out of his chair, with the people watching the video getting the all important crotch shot as Parker steps towards it. He tilts the camera up to show his face, the High Impact title draped over his shoulder.]

Parker: I am coming to Phoenix hoping to add another win to my career. I am also coming to Phoenix knowing that I am going to be walking out feeling like I am on top of the world. I like hurting people. I like shortening careers. I like knocking people down a few rungs when they try to climb that ladder to the top. I am Parker Wayde. I am the Instant Impact. Ethan Cage... Griffin Hawkins... This is your FINAL CALL. I hope you know what you are getting into when you step through those ropes. I hope you have prepared yourselves for what is going to be waiting for you in this match. I am begging the two of you to try and stop me from walking out of this match the winner. After all, if you get scared and just lay in the middle of the ring... It is a lot less fun for me. As for you people who are going to be watching from your couch... enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage    Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:58 pm

((OOC Note: Use of Lilah and Lillith granted by The Star Destroyer himself, thank you))

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  Aj_styles_27

-Press Start-

After Ethan Cage's Match During Battle Grounds

The camera comes in on a dressing room with Rayne sitting watching the monitor on those plush black leather couches that seem to be in everyone's promos these days,shocked at the match has been decided for Ethan, an inferno match. Of course there is concern for her Ethan, but there is also a time when Ethan is beginning to be seen as the competition he deserves to be, as The Empire's precious Baron Tomson is given the task of trying to slow down Ethan Cage, her love, and soon to be an icon here in the IWF. Rayne sits in a Hawthorne Heights shirt, skinny jeans and a bullet belt, her hair relaxed on her shoulders. She thinks of the possibilities of Ethan being in one of the gimmick matches at Violent Impulse. She awaits, his return to the dressing room, butterflies in her toned tummy with her slender arms crossed over her pleasantly round chest. Ethan Cage steps into the dressing room, the days of having to share his locker room and get a taped off square are gone, at least for this venue. Ethan has his vest hoodie lapped over his forearm, a confident smirk over his face, the match not phasing him in the least. As Baron and him came from the same company, Baron has chosen his path to success, and Ethan Cage has damn sure chosen his. Ethan walks the room, thinking about how he could hurt Baron, the things he's put others through, the people that have felt his obsession with flame and fire. This is still not a fear of Ethan's, as we are about to be in a fight, and a fight is the one thing Ethan is all about. Rayne looks on as Ethan is deep in thought with the grandest of grins on his face. Rayne props her self on her knees on the cushions of the couch, her stomach against the backing of the couch looking back at him set and plan and execute in his mind. Seeing Ethan like this brings her to a level of horniness that she frustrates herself trying to contain, as a determined man, an accomplished man is what she has seeked her entire life, and now she lives out her life with her desire. Ethan takes of his gloves and puts them on the mirror table setting. Them two still haven't said a word, the sweat generated by his match with Jack Savage, Ethan knew it wouldn't be over with him, that it would escalate, a warning given to him by his agent just this last week. Without missing a beat Ethan slides in and kisses Rayne, happy for his win, happy for his present state in the IWF, making that slow crawl to the top is going to make this time all worth it, all the while having a title shot in the palm of his hands. There has been a match of surprise changes to a match and there will be a second one this week, guaranteed. Ethan is having too much fun being god. During the kiss, Ethan forms a smile to speak.

Ethan: Did you see them try to fuck with me?

Rayne: That was their plan, I thought they just hated Baron or something.

Ethan chuckles.

Ethan: You're amazing.

Rayne: No babe, you are.

Voice: Oh will you two get a room?

Ethan turns ready to pounce as now he is on The Empire's radar, he's prepared for anything, his hand forming a fist, turning to see Bobby Ball, his agent once again backstage.

Bobby: You know if people keep seeing me, they're going to think you have no friends.

Ethan: Good.

Bobby: I have some news.

Ethan: What could it be, I have to face Johnny Cage on the Living Forest level?

Bobby: You don't even have a control in your hand.

Ethan: Easy there Sparky, there's a lady present.

Rayne: That's not what you called me last night.

Rayne playfully bites Ethan's ear lobe.

Ethan: A lady in the streets and a freak in the bed.

Bobby: Luda!

Ethan and Rayne stunned silent that a 45ish year old white, balding man would know who Ludacris is.

Bobby: Heard it somewhere, thought it'd be appropriate.

Ethan: Oddly enough-

Bobby: Enough, I have big news Ethan.

Ethan: So you keep saying.

Bobby trying to hold his excitement.

Ethan: Dude, if you're going to have some kind of a stroke, let us know.....so we can leave.

Ethan laughs.

Bobby: Damn Ethan, IWF's given you your first main event match.

Ethan's face looks like he's been hit in the stomach, a growing sense of pride in his eyes, but of course that is covered in a smug smile.

Ethan: Whatever, that's cool.

Rayne not holding back her excitement is jumping on the couch and doing that stomping a million times a second thing that women do, while screaming, no, not like Melina, that shit was annoying. She straddles Ethan, not giving a shit that Bobby is there, once again they have that "we're making it" moment. They look into each other's eyes with a sense of accomplishment, excitement, and pride. Without breaking his gaze to his woman he speaks to Bobby.

Bobby: Should I leave or do you want to know who you are facing?

Ethan: Who am I facing?

Bobby: Parker Wayde a-

Ethan moves Rayne off of him and gets into Bobby's face.

Bobby: and Griffin Hawkins.

Ethan: Tell me what I want to hear Bobby.

Bobby lowers his head slightly, knowing what Ethan wants to hear.

Bobby: It is not for the High Impact Championship.

Ethan: Damn it!

Bobby: Ethan, you can be champion right now if you chose, you could cash it right now on Stygian.

Ethan: Not like that, Stygian and I are going to happen and when it does, it'll be like nothing else. Parker Wayde is not Stygian, and the World Championship is not the High Impact Championship.

Bobby: So that's indeed the title you'll choose?

A devilish grin surfaces on Bobby's lips. Ethan answers with a glare, to which Bobby lifts his hands like a dog to show defeat.

Bobby: Okay, okay.

Ethan goes back to Rayne and she's about to get on him again but Pasquale Semtex opens the door and hits Bobby, who for some reason has balls and shoves the door back, the door hits Semtex in the face and he falls to the ground.

Ethan: What was that?

Bobby: Some worm just hit me with the door.

Ethan: Tall, skinny, red hair like Carrot Top?

Bobby: Yeah.

Ethan: That's Kotex, he's IWF's backstage interviewer.

Bobby: He's never knocked?

Ethan: He keeps trying to catch Rayne changing.

Bobby: Why haven't you killed this guy?

Ethan: Kotex? He's fuckin' harmless, I once saw him pass out at the sight of a woman coming out of a cake.

Bobby: Should I let him in?

Rayne: Unless you want a law suit, Isabella is looking for any reason to fire anyone.

Bobby moves out of the way and helps Semtex up to his feet, Semtex shakes his head trying to regain composure.

Bobby: Sorry about that.

Semtex: It's all right.

Semtex makes his way over to Ethan Cage while dusting himself off.

Semtex: We've just received news of your first main event, how do you feel about that?

Ethan: It's well deserved, sure it has an Empire member in there, but none the less, I'm finally where I need to be.

Semtex: And tonight's win over Jack Savage really said something about you Ethan, I mean you've beaten men seen as legends, former champions, current champions and now a man that is now in a really hot stable going right now.

Ethan: Look, I know this Empire thing is the thing goin' on in the IWF and that's fuckin' great for them, and for those guys, they need something like that to make them relevent. I don't, I'm still here talkin' shit and walkin' to that ring and reading these motherfuckers on the roster their last rites, that's just what the fuck I do. Giving me Baron Tomson, and Parker Wayde, it's like The Empire doesn't like their people. They know when I get into the ring with them, it's over. As Wiz Khalifa says, I do work, and that's what I do. I'm here to become something greater than an Empire, greater than these pseudo legend contracts around here taking up Battle Ground air time, I'm here to become a legend. I'm here to put a face on IWF, yes, there's Stygian, but there was Robbie Hart, there was Chad Mason, and there were many that used to be on the roster that are falling victim to this battle of egos. Kotex, I won't be falling, I won't be failing.

Semtex: And Parker Wayde?

Ethan: Parker Wayde is so over rated it's not even fuckin' funny. This match will be between Griffin Hawkins and I with Parker being an annoying little fuckin' gnat. I'm so far passed Parker Wayde, it's ridiculous. When I first came into this company, Parker Wayde was one of the names immediately in my ear. I couldn't wait to see what this guy had, are you kidding, he's the Full Throttle Champion, from this day to that, there hasn't been a god damned thing that has impressed me. I have more talent in my hairy left nut than that man has in his entire family, including second and third cousins. I walked in here and I've made my bones by putting bodies to mats and my name is well earned. I put my body and my life on the line every night because that's how I want to go out. I'll be sixty five springboarding off the top rope with a superman. You think Stygian is Superman, look at me in that ring.

Semtex: And Griffin Hawkins?

Ethan: Griffin Hawkins can eat directly out of an antelope's ass. Here's a guy that walked into this company and is rubbing elbows with Stygian, why, to keep him happy on IWF's roster. To pat him on the head and show him how happy we are to have him. He's taken my spotlight and at Battle Grounds, I'm leaving him in my dust. I'm making the climb that he fuckin' couldn't, to the top. I don't need Stygian to have my back. Come on everyone, before UECW came to a close, have you ever heard of Griffin Hawkins, absolutely not, and now he is part of the upper echelon of this company. It's like our show hangs on his golden faggy hair, while I go out there and beat the living shit out of anyone and everyone.

Semtex: Last week you told Jack Savage that you were jealous of him being in the main event at Fall Out, are you jealous of Griffin Hawkins for being in a more predominant role than you?

Ethan: Maybe, I mean I don't consider that a bad thing if I was, because Kotex, it gives me a focus, a goal. I'm going to tear goldy locks apart and leave Stygian with a boy toy to play with. I carry that briefcase as a symbol thus far of what I've accomplished in my time here. What's Griffin carrying,...a hair brush, a cock ring extra small, make up? He has nothing to show to make him the top of our company.

Semtex: He's carrying the UECW World Title.

Ethan: What's that mean here, dick. I get that he accomplished things there, and hey, go him. But he's now on the roster that Ethan Cage is on, and I won't be outshined by anyone. I'm going to Battle Grounds and I'm planting two motherfuckers into the ground.

Rayne: I hate to interupt Ethan baby, but ...it's time for the second to last match on Battle Grounds, should we leave, Stygian's going to win the main event anyway, it's only Parker Wayde.

Ethan: Hrmm, Baron's in that match ain't he?

Rayne looks at the event's program.

Rayne: It would appear so. And so is Griffin Hawkins.

A devilish grin surfaces on the lips of Ethan Cage. Semtex sighs knowing this is going to be bad.

Ethan: Two birds with one ....briefcase. Kotex, get me a microphone.

Semtex: But-

Ethan: NOW!

Semtex leaves. Rayne gets up and walks over to Ethan.

Rayne: Well whatever can you be thinking?

Ethan's eyes go to his briefcase. Rayne follows his eyes as they land on the briefcase as well, and a smile surfaces on her slender lips as well. Ethan opens the door for Rayne and bows slightly with his arm extended.

Ethan: Shall we?

Rayne walks through the door and panting, Semtex hands Ethan a microphone. Semtex gets distracted as Lilah and Lillith walking by and heading towards Stygian's locker room. Bobby shakes his head at the poor kid, but Semtex leaves to see if he can get an interview with them.

Bobby: What are you going to do Cage?

Ethan: I have an announcement to make....be right back Bobby.

Ethan with the microphone heads through the curtains.

Announcement made on Battle Grounds about the flaming tables match.

After Announcement

Ethan walks back through the curtains with a big smile on his face, happy about what was just done. He returns to find Bobby and Rayne with sullen faces.

Ethan: Who shit in your cereals?

Bobby: IWF staff.

Ethan: What are you talking about?

Bobby: A staff member just came up to us Ethan....you're no longer in the main event. They are giving it to Stygian and ....

Bobby sighs.

Bobby: Jack Savage.

Ethan's eyes grow big.

Ethan: Are you fuckin' kidding me?! I tore that guy a new asshole tonight!

Rayne: I'm sorry honey.

Ethan: FUCK!

Ethan heads to the back door and kicks the door open.

The Motherfuckin' Promo!

Ethan is calmer, sitting against his car while it's parked on the sandy beach of Santa Monica out of California. He stares out at a setting sun, Rayne is happy in the sand with their son AJ, a name tattooed on Ethan's ribs, not spoken much about as it hurts Ethan to be away from his son but a man's path must be made, this is what Ethan knows how to do. This will get AJ into colleges that he's only dreamed of. And Ethan will one day give that speech in a tux speaking of how he left it all in the ring every night. But this week it's about two jackasses that are standing in the way of that. Ethan goes into work mode and glares at the camera almost as if by instant.

Ethan: First of all, to Jack Savage, enjoy the main event, once again. It's great that you have people feeding you lies, telling you that you're better than me in your little promo, but they'd be singing a different tune if I was standing in front of them. So for future reference, every time you even begin to think you can hang with me in that ring, go ahead and get a copy of last week's Battle Grounds and watch. I hung you up to dry and I didn't even break a fuckin' sweat. Over looking me wasn't your problem, getting booked against me in the first place, was.

Ethan: On to this week, you see this week I'm supposed to feel graced to be facing the last UECW Champion. And for some reason, he has a match against Alexander Remington for the UECW Heavyweight Championship and an IWF audience is supposed to care. I get the sentiment kids, I get the lasting memory that must live on in your hearts and minds, but the UECW is dead. And while guys like I don't, me, are making it to the top, I have to see your little UECW rivalry have a spotlight on IWF programming. You are graced with opportunities on both sides, one in Empire and one assumingly in Bad Company and what are we watching, we're watching "what was" on a different show.

Ethan: Griffin, I have yet to run into you, and that's a damn good thing, but now it's your time to dance with the devil. I'm going to put you down, and I'm going to show this company that the future was never in the latest dying company. It was here, bleeding, sweating and beating the living shit out of it's competition. You see this is my seventh week in the IWF and in that time, if someone were to beat me, it'd be considered an upset, because of who I am, the reputation I've created for myself here. I didn't walk in here a name, and though I didn't walk in here with a title, these people saw something in me that would be different. You see there was a class of people that came into the IWF from ASWF that were pampered. They wanted to walk in here and be the name they were in ASWF, they wanted to be the famous ones and push down Stygian, Robbie Hart, Steel Angel and take over the main event status. Well they went back to the desert of a company and are now content with passing that title amongst themselves like the Hogans of our generation. Well I might not be a team player, but I want to be the best amongst real champions, and beating the last UECW champion on Battle Grounds is going to help prove that.

Ethan: You and I are around about the same age, though you sort of look like you've had a harder living life, maybe not taking care of yourself so much. You look like you are drug addict, a never made it in music so I decided to do this, a throwback from the 80's. You say that you like a rock n roll lifestyle, I say you live a cock rock lifestyle, hair bands metal lifestyle. You see, I live like a rock star, the way I talk, the way I hold myself up and the way my matches are sewn together. You come out every week in a costume, to varify a simple gimmick, while I come out and make this about the one thing it should be about, wrestling. Now much as rock has progressed from 80's synathized metal, so has today's wrestler. I am the platinum horse when it comes to today's wrestler. You are a skinny ass Ultimate Warrior replica, minus the snarling and the intensity. Instead what I see is a spoiled little brat, who is being kept happy by management as to not lose another company's top talent. You see they call our show Battle Grounds, well I call our show Ethan Cage's proving grounds because that's what the fuck I've been doing, and this week will be no different Griff. I don't take kindly to taking a back seat, to anyone, title or not. I am the show, I am the money maker, and it'll only be a matter of time before I am the World Heavyweight Champion of the IWF.

Ethan: You pander to the crowds to get them to love you, because that's what you are all about isn't it. You love to take in that crowd and beg for their attention. Well I don't know if I can live out my life like that, like a fake. I'd rather just outright say, I'm in that ring to do my thing, like it, hate it, but you will respect it. I don't need anyone's acceptance, I don't need permission to do anything in this company. You see it really is no wonder why you would rub elbows with Stygian, one of the considered good guys of our business, what better way to get yourself over with an IWF crowd, than to stand shoulder to shoulder with the glory boy himself. My matches, my promos, and hell just my attitude, I don't need anyone's spotlight to shower over to me, I make my own. You see Griffin, as a World Champion it's so sad to see you become a follower. To be patted on the head by Stygian like a little harmless dog. Now I'd like to think that you made it up the ladder in UECW and finally got that dead title you carry around, as did Stygian, so why are you playing second fiddle. Why are you the Macho Man to his Hogan, but then again after seeing some of the lack luster talent that's come in this company by the way of the UECW roster, it really is no wonder you are carrying the title. It's like competing in the Special Olympics as a normal person, it's no real accomplishment and on top of that, you should be ashamed.

Ethan: At 6'2 and 226 pounds, I'm slightly heavier so I know that I'm going to have to up my speed but after the course of your stay here in the IWF Griffin, I have seen you slip. I have seen you drop the ball a few times. You want to bring that martial arts background, please do so, it's a little something new and it'll be yet another person from a different background that is going to get their asses handed back to them. A striker and luchador style versus my usual mix of chaos and anarchy, and really how disciplined can you be, you are giving wrestling a half assed attempt because you also have Devilition, your banshee metal music. Now who else does that, who else is in an 80's metal type band and is also a wrestler, I know it's right on the tip of my tongue.

Behind Ethan in the drivers side door, pops up The Muppets Fozzie Bear.

Ethan: Fozzie, what are you doing here, and what the fuck are you doin' in my car?

Fozzie: Wacka-wacka. I'm here to answer your pondering. The answer is one Chris Jericho. And I talked to him over the phone.

Ethan: You talked to Chris Jericho.

Fozzie: It was pretty easy, he's no longer under contract with that other organization, and besides the name of his band is my name.

Ethan: I guess.

Fozzie: As I was talkin' to him he had something to ask of Griffin and Parker.

Ethan: Oh yeah, what's that?

Fozzie: Will they please, shut the hell UP?! Wacka-Wacka!

Police sirens are heard in the distant and Fozzie looks in the direction they are coming from.

Fozzie: I got warrants.

And Fozzie disappears back into the car. Ethan goes back to the camera.

Ethan: Well, I guess if that gimmick worked for Jericho, it should work for you. Now in dealing with Ruby Winters, I noticed she was in wrestling to future her modeling career and what that got her was a ladder to the face and pretty much disappeared from the IWF after her loss to me. I can't help how people take their losses, but you see in her head, she lost to a new contract, not the man becoming an icon Ethan Cage. Now I could see you doing that, the Mick Foley is back to promote another book, or that other guy coming back and leaving right before a tour to further ticket sales, and for wrestling to go to the back burner. And it's disgusting, the purity of our sport deserve more than that. It will never matter which celebrity wrestles, it will always matter what legend wrestles, a man that has made his bones in our business and stood at the top and comes back, and no I'm not refering to other programing where they show up to be taken out to newer talent, I'm refering to real organizations, they still talk about the return of Jason Hawk to wrestling and how great that would be. That's what I want, not to leave here and do something else, but to leave such an impression on this company that the idea of me facing the future talent would be classic. "That'd be awesome if Ethan Cage were here to face this guy", and you know what, if I was physically able, I would because that's what this business means to me. People like you piss me off, and I'm going to show you how bad treating your craft second is going to hurt you. I'm more prepared for you Griffin than you could ever be for me.

Ethan: See me not being in the spotlight has actually helped me. Because like Jack Savage, they could've cared less to face something like me because the show doesn't revolve around me, so I get my wins, do my thing and leave, so all of you think that you are slumming it by facing me and once you get into the ring, you instantly regret not taking me seriously. This will not be an easy week for you Griffin, because in beating you, I also send a message to Stygian, that as long as I carry that briefcase, the sands of time are dripping slowly down the hour glass and that I will one day be coming for my title. And beating his second in command as it were would be the perfect little fuck you, wouldn't it. You see, in going to battle with anyone and you need someone's help, you don't go second class, you go first, and that's me. Now from day one I said I'm only out for myself, and I really truly am, when it comes to success in wrestling. But arguments can be made, but then again, the only leadership I'd follow is my own. I can't be told what to do Griffin, I have things called balls that won't allow me to be told what to do. I stand my ground like a man. So, in this little sham of a war, if Stygian fails, it'll be his own fault. He has Chuck wrapped around his finger, getting him the world title, all I could say, is the guy could've picked better. But then again, I can't hate, I'd say no. Bad Company, great song, horrible name for men driven for success.

Ethan: It was said that you wanted to test the waters of the IWF, and what waters have you tested, you walked into the lap of luxury, and that you are out for new challenges. Well motherfucker, that's exactly what you have this week in me. Not Parker, he's a cockknock of a human being and this would've been an easy week for you had it just been him, but you got me mixed in with that tuna, and I'm going to make sure you taste the soles of my shoe.

Ethan: You expect me to take you as a threat when in your first test in the IWF, you won by count out and Baron Tomson kicked out of the Holy Diver? And not only that, after the match, he kicked your head off your feet and hit you with the Blazing Perfection and left you in that ring to sleep it off. Then you go on to face Baron and Robbie Hart in a tag match to which was interesting, until they left Robbie Hart to die and you picked up the scraps, good job kid. You had the IWF World Champion and the partner of your opponent ditch him, and then you won. And then once again, last week you and Baron are once again in a match together, a match that I made to prove a point, that man stepped out and interupted me, and you put him through a table. I'd thank you, but I'm the one who made the stipulation in the first place. So I thank me.

Ethan: Now I'm going to hit you where it hurts....your little "sister" Tiffani Michaels. Oh what a treat she's been in our little IWF company huh? She wins a championship and then becomes this loser of a woman over night. I remember in her soap opera promos how you'd come in and save her from the cutting, cuddle her after the rape and then I even told her how this whole security thing with her was just a simple ploy to gain the trust and fuck her. Hey man, she's pretty hot, get you some of that tainted, used and abused twat. I mean both of you are damaged goods, why not make it official and consumate your union. But I gotta tell ya, Griffin, -

Ethan closes his eyes with a pleasant grin on his mouth.

Ethan: Throwing her helpless body around that ring, hearing her soft body hit that hard mat. Hearing her whimper every time I put her in pain, looking at the pure fear in her eyes, I did what I said I'd do to your little sister, I once again made her a victim. Sure, she hit her little Snapshot on me, and I got back up and that was when she truly knew she was helpless, that there was just nothing she could do to protect herself. And you know what Griffin, as I was slowly approaching her, I heard her whisper your name, almost begging for you to come down to the ring and help her in some way. And you know what, wouldn't you know it, you weren't there to help. So what I did was, I wrapped one around her soft neck, I remember taking in the scent, she smelt like flowers and apricot, I took in that scent, I wrapped my other arm under her leg and I don't want to say what "bumped" what, but trust me, she knows what should about how I'd put her in complete pleasure. And then, almost sorrowfully, I had to throw her over my shoulder and bring that fragile neck down on my shoulder for the Divine Intervention. I swear I could still hear her cry for you, I could still feel the weight of her helpless body in my arms. God that felt so bad, I was destroying something that was to be seen as innocent, her little cheerleader outfit, and let me say during that match, I had some "well placed" hands on that 20 year old body. Hey, you know what, I have the briefcase, maybe I'll just book another match with her and relive the event.

Ethan: And the Ku de gra.... is that I kissed her, making her think it was all over....and then I slapped her and hit one of the hardest Hit the Lights I ever could, I mean I think I can still feel the shape of her face when I kicked it. Her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she could do nothing but fall to the mat. It was even fun to see David Babel blind her with his hands and watch Steel Angel hit the Divine Cutter on her just this last week and then she's facing the Full Throttle Champion this week, talk about the worst fuckin' luck in IWF history. As she falls into the oblivion each week, you are leaving her to fend for herself while you bask in the glory of the main event, leaving her behind to deal with degenerates like me. Hope you feel great about that, I know I do. Thanks for the hook up, I plan on feeling her body again, and next time, she might not be so repairable.

Ethan smiles knowing how that must've gotten to Griffin.

Ethan: You will face that same devil Griffin, the merciless man whom will form his path to greatness in bodies, and best be sure that you will be one of those bodies.

Ethan sighs knowing who is next.

Ethan: Parker Wayde-

Ethan rolls his eyes.

Ethan: What is it about you that you are afraid of blazing your own path, you went from Natural Law to the Empire, is your permanent role in this company to be someone's bitch. I think so, I mean there wasn't even a lull between Natural Law and The Empire. Chad Mason, a guy that put you on the map, and the ultimate stab in the back, when you did nothing during his attack from Chuck, Silas and Porter's son Logan. Is that the loyalty that you intend to show The Empire, the entity that put you on the map goes down in flames and you just join another band. You will never be able to stand on your own two feet, you lost your Full Throttle title on the first defense of it against Vanessa Cade and you're going to lose your High Impact title to Steel Angel when he beats the crap out of Devlin Raine, I mean why Devlin Raine is the competition for a former World Champion to get a title shot even at a lesser title is mind boggling. But none the less Parker, he's coming to shut you down and take your title.

Ethan: So I have a question, how fair is life, I mean your mentor Jay Halcomb goes through the motions of trying to get you into inring shape, and then now his legacy has to be left with you, as he has now passed on. His legacy lives on you being IWF's paper champion, has the title for a short while and his reign as champion is simply forgotten. You are a man that will never cross over to the main event, because you suck. Don't get me wrong, you've reached a certain level of success and good on you kid, but you are no where near main event level and that's a fact you simply know.

Ethan: And I get why being a part of a group helps you out so much, you can steal wins and pawn it off as yours, like when you defeated the Human Highlight Reels, it was Ruby Winters who hit the Beauty Sleep before you crawled on Steel Angel and pinned him picking up the scraps. But what happened one on one when you faced Rosalie Knight of the Human Highlight Reels, you lost. I get that you've won more than you've lost, and that's great, trust me moron, I know the feeling well but this week you're going to add another loss and it'll say Ethan Cage defeated you and Griffin Hawkins in the books.

Ethan: On my first night in this company, you had to defend your newly owned Full Throttle Championship, and you lost it and how did you handle it, not with a handshake but with a ladder to the back of a woman's head. And then hitting her repeatedly with it, because she exposed in one day just how beatable you truly are. But then again, so did Stygian, because the first time you faced him you didn't get one lick of offense in, in fact it took Stygian two moves to beat you, Burn Notice and the Baneblade and you were done. I know you've beaten guys like Steel Angel, Robbie Hart, Cody Taylor and Hostyle Jones, that's an impressive list, but my own list will consist of the current High Impact Champion and the last UECW champion. You should consider yourself one of the luckiest men on this planet that your title is not on the line Parker. You really should, because I would take it from you within a breath. You know why I'm here and you know that I have all the ability in the world to achieve my goals and I will achieve them. While you, well you're going to be stuck at midcard and lovin' it. I mean come on Parker, even after Vanessa Cade beat you for your title, you STILL couldn't beat her the second time, you had a draw with her. I guess you needed a ladder in your hands and her back to you to cause any kind of a difference.

Ethan: As you drained Natural Law of it's usefulness, you are also using The Empire of theirs, let's see you low blow Stygian, you spit red mist in his eyes, Isabella Lya Sanchez comes out and gets Lilah and Lillith banned from ringside, Jack Savage hits Stygian with a chair getting you disqualified but oh no, Sanchez reverses that decision, Jack Savage does more than half your work and then, even then you needed a chair. This is not dominance Parker, this is not who you set out to be, but it's who you've become. And just like I said with Jack Savage last week, you bring your Empire and I'll make sure to crack all their crowns.

Ethan: Parker, you have beaten names but they have been all over men on their way out that door, when they have given up on their careers here in the IWF. You can't beat people in their prime like Vanessa Cade, Stygian, and namely me. You have made your bread and butter by staying silent all week and catching an unsuspecting victim with a slew of your words at the last minute, and believe me I caught that little pattern very early in my career, but in that ring, I'm going to make sure you feel more foot so far in your ass you call me Daddy.

Ethan's smug smile surfaces again.

Ethan: Who is calling you Rookie of the Year Parker, who are "they"? Are they as made up as your talks with Jay Halcomb, are they all just in your head patting you on the back for wiping your ass and not getting any on your hand?

Ethan: I understand that you might think you are above me and that title can give you that sort of confirmation of that, but Parker, I'm going to tear your head off and serve it up to the Empire on a platter. Because you see me not in Bad Company, me not in Empire, makes me the wild card doesn't it. You see I have enough talent to make things shift either to Bad Company or to The Empire. I can take down opponents in the ring, and outside the ring I have the briefcase, so there is no way I'll be left behind. I'm too amazing for that. I'm not below you Parker, I'm so far ahead of you, it's taxing to even think about it.

Ethan: Last week you knew you were going to lose against Stygian, and how do I know that, listen to everything you said, not one time did you have the conviction to say you were going to win. What did you tell him, that he may beat you, but it won't be in one minute. Now I ask the IWF nation, does that sound like a man that is ready for the big time, does that even sound like a champion. To go into a match with the knowledge that he's going to lose, and his best shot is that it won't be as easy as it was last time, that he "set the bar too high", well beating you in two fuckin' moves is pretty unforgettable. And seeing you last that long in the match only with the help of The Empire, well that says what it needs to. That you are a coat tail rider, and that's all you'll ever be. You are rode Jay Halcomb's tails to get into this company, you rode Natural Law's throughout your career and now you are riding The Empires. The handouts will one day stop coming Parker, and when they do, I want to look at your face, so I can fuckin' spit in it.

Ethan: It's about that time boys, come Battle Grounds, I have a match where I will be stealing the show and believe me, I do have an ace up my sleeve. You can have Bad Company with Chuck, and Parker, you can have Empire with Corey Casey, all I need is the briefcase I won at Fall Out. This week, I'm sending you into your respective matches as losers, and Griffin, I'm going to put you in your own head about your abilities right before you go against Alexander Remington and Parker, you're in for such a mindfuck, that Steel Angel is going to walk in and take your title. That's the power I hold, and when I get into that ring and stare at you both, seething and waiting to get your hands on me because of this promo, because my words ring true and everyone knows it, I'm going to put you to the mat and make you realize who the fuck I am. I'm in this match for a reason.....to be your executioner....

Ethan opens the car door and gets into his Shelby GT500 he turns so the back of his car is facing the camera, he peels out so the sand is burying the camera man until...

-Black-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage    Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Parker Wayde [vs.] Ethan Cage
Page 1 of 1