Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Empty
PostSubject: Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Talk about a problem as big as an EMPIRE! The Empire's Philip Joseph steps into the ring with this against....The Empire's Blyss Lockhart! After a bit of miss-communication with fellow Empire member Ruby Winters at Rising Monarchy, what kind of mindset is Blyss Lockhart in this week?!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

”Break It Down”

Scene 01
Rising Monarchy
After the IWF Queen of Wrestling championship match
Backstage

I have a ringing in my head and no one to help me answer it
Even with you close enough to kiss
Every minute is arranged, every moment lasts a day
And thinking about it can't help me let go, I know

Blyss Lockhart slowly made her way to the parking lot straight after the match. She could hear Ruby Winters calling after her but she ignored her. She had one arm across her chest, holding up her chin as if it was falling off. Of course it wasn’t but it felt like it. Damn! How could she have been so stupid? What was she thinking in the ring, working with that Redhead Barbie? Upon reaching her car, she climbed on top of the trunk and just sat there with her legs dangling over it. Her head was reeling with the events of tonight’s title match. Despite her initial plans to make it every woman for herself, she was still a member of the Empire and “your enemy is my enemy” meant they could be allies. Boy, was she wrong. She had allowed herself to be tricked into working alongside that witch when clearly that wasn’t on Ruby’s mind. She had wanted it for herself all along. Stupid! Stupid! She slammed a fist on the car, her breathing escalating once more and simultaneously so was her heartbeat. She wanted to scream so badly as her vision reddened and so she...

No, Blyss, don’t lose it!

She gripped the edge of the trunk and hopped off it with a huff. With her hands pushing back her hair, she squeezed her eyes shut and tried to calm herself down. As much as the match was over, the pay-per-view wasn’t and she had to recollect herself as duty called for all members of the Empire to stay put for the end.

There we go...

She exhaled slowly and deliberately just as she was once advised some years back. That first snap she felt before leaping onto that loud mouthed Miss Popular... The punches that rained down on the poor girl’s face and side abdomen... The way she was pulled away kicking and screaming... The many psychologist appointments... The breakdowns that happened occasionally following that despite the treatment... The family and friends she suddenly pushed away...

She shook her head as if to shake off those memories themselves. Her mind instantly went back to the title match. She bit her lower lip and counted to ten. She decided to wait inside her car before returning to the show or the women’s locker room. Turning on the engine and the radio, she sat there for some time to recollect herself. After a couple of songs, she got out and locked the car. The only pain she felt now was physical and she shuffled back to the locker room. The rest of the night was nothing but a blur.

Scene 02
Wednesday
Chicago Muay Thai Kickboxing Club

I must look like I'm runnin’ away to you at your faster pace
Wonder what it is you could have seen in me
Well, I'm the evil one who said, gonna let everything just happen
And like my chest my ears are proud, collision is such an ugly sound

Blyss landed yet another roundhouse kick after a couple of leg kicks. Her punches were fast and furious and her face a mask of pure intensity. But with a blind focus on attacking her sparring partner, she forgot to protect her chin and so she received a huge jab there. She staggered backwards, stunned. The familiar hit quickly reminded her of what happened at Rising Monarchy and with a sudden burst of rage, she leapt onto her partner with a big takedown and an ear-splitting cry, clawing at his face and arms as he tried to shield himself. That shocked everyone in the gym and the nearest ones pulled them apart. Blyss struggled at first but then stopped, surprised at herself. She cupped her face with her hands.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I-- I’m so sorry! So sorry!

Turning away from her sparring partner, the Master looked at her with great concern, his eyebrows knitted together. This look mirrored on the faces of the other onlookers. He gently brought her away as the others attended to the fallen guy.

Instructor
Blyss, would you like to tell me what happened back there?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(grimaces) I apologize, Master. I-- I lost control. I don’t know...

He only nodded in response, guiding her towards a chair. He motioned for her to take a seat and offered her a bottle of water. She took it gratefully and drank some. She just realized how much she was shaking. Then she stood again.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I think... I should go. I’m sorry to cut this class short--

Instructor
(shakes his head) No, I understand. But will you be okay to go home alone?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(nods quickly) Yes. I’ll be okay once I’ve cleared my head. Thank you, Master.

With that, she took her leave.

Scene 03
Flashback
Chicago, IL
The Lockharts Household

15-year-old Blyss stood by her parents’ empty bed and reached for a head pillow. She hugged it close to her chest then heard footsteps walking up the stairs, leading to the bedroom door. It opened slowly and the footsteps continued to walk towards her. She then felt her sister’s skinny arms wrap around her and her face buried in the small of her back. She raised an arm and turned her body so she could hug her sister back. Outside, snow continued to storm down over the city. Their father won’t be home from the hospital until after the blizzard had passed. The same couldn’t be said for their mother as she won’t be able to return to have her daughters in her arms ever again.

Scene 04
Later that day (Wednesday)
Chicago, IL
Home

Blyss was on Skype, chatting with a long time friend Michael Banz. His face graced the whole laptop screen as she propped up the computer on the kitchen counter while making dinner.

Michael Banz
So you actually started clawing at the poor guy in the middle of Muay Thai class? (amusingly) Daaaamn...

She shot him a look before resuming to chopping up tomatoes on the cutting board.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Mike, it’s not funny.

Michael Banz
Hell, it isn’t. What’s going on with you lately? I haven’t heard from you since you came back to the States. (makes a face) Which is really odd.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I’ve been much busier, Mikey. I’m sorry.

Michael Banz
Really, Lockhart? I know you've been in NYC. Twice. Adam...?

She cringed. Adam was Mike’s younger brother in WEW, the other fed she’s working in. Though they were on the same brand there, they never exchanged more than a passing glance and an obligatory greeting when they crossed paths.

Michael Banz
Forget it. Now, let’s talk. Spill it, Melyssa.

Hearing him call by her real name, she sighed. She scooped up the chopped tomatoes and dumped them into a bowl.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Alright, I’m such a shitty friend! I’m sorry I haven’t gone out to see you guys when I was in town. How’s Eva doing? And you?

Michael Banz
We’re good. Actually, I do have some news but I won’t tell you until you tell me what’s been bothering you.

She put down the knife and turned to face the laptop screen where he looked back at her with a no-nonsense expression.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Fine. I... I’m currently in a... uh... predicament at work. A conflict with a fellow colleague... (pauses) Oh fuck it. I hate my team mate! That fucking bitch!

Michael Banz
Whoa! OK, maybe I kinda knew that. Well, I figured. From what I saw on TV.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Yeah that bitch cost me my win, let alone disrupted the whole match to begin with. MY match. It was supposed to be just me and the champ but no, she had to worm her way into it. Fuck! Mike, you don’t know how pissed I am right now. I could just... just... Argh!

Michael Banz
Careful there. You don’t wanna do anything you’ll regret later. Listen. You gotta roll with it. That’s the last thing she’ll expect from you. I know you’re mad but you gotta stay focused. And I’m sorry to break it to you, buddy but you weren’t concentrating on your real goal of becoming the new champion. You let your guard down and your emotions run wild. You made yourself easy in the fight and I know that you know it.

Blyss couldn’t believe her ears but those words couldn’t be more true either. She buried her face in her hands for a moment before resting them on the table.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(softly) I do know that... And that’s what really pisses me off. I thought, for a second there, that maybe I was wrong about Ruby. Despite her previous efforts to sway my position in the Empire, I thought maybe she really did have the team in mind and that she’d do anything, like how I would, to capture the Queen of Wrestling title for the Empire. But I was right all along. She wanted it for herself so that she’d be the one with the title and not me which would automatically make her the First Lady. But that’s me! I deserve--

Michael Banz
(cuts in) No, Mel, you’re not listening to me. You’re too focused on all this Empire crap and not your true ambition of being the new champ. You let this Ruby person get to your head and now you’re tail-spinning.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Tail-spinning?

Michael Banz
Yes, tail-spinning. Need I remind you of what happened in class earlier? Or hey, remember that time you tore out that one woman’s hair extensions because she accidentally spilled beer on you? Or that other time when you kicked Sam in the nuts even though what he said was a joke?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(scowls) Damn you, Michael.

She shook her head with pursed lips.

Michael Banz
But you got better at managing your anger. I can only imagine it not being easy but you did. You have to brush it off, keep your rage in check and move on. I hate to see you like that again, Mel. (pauses, then smiles) It’s ugly on you. Look, all this anger... It’s not healthy. You remember that, don’t you? So don’t give up all your hard work just like that.

She bit her lower lip. Old memories began rushing back again.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

No... No, I won’t. Y’know... I haven’t visited her grave since that second time... I just-- I don’t know...

He patiently waited for her to continue.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

It’s been 8 years and I still can’t do it without chickening out. It’s so bullshit! Like, what kind of daughter am I? I can’t even go and visit my own mother’s grave! And everyday I put on this mask and pretend that everything’s fine and dandy but dammit, I’m clearly not. I’m a fucking mess. And this happens every time I put myself out there to achieve something, anything, in life. What the hell am I doing here? Fuck...

She buried her face in her hands again. He shook his head.

Michael Banz
Uh uh. This isn’t gonna happen. You’re here because you’re living your life. You’re here because you’ve set yourself a nice goal to become one of the greatest female wrestlers in the world. That alone isn’t an easy task but you’ve proven that you can get through hard times and you should be damn proud of that. So what if you lost at Rising Monarchy? It is not the end of the world or your career. You’ve still got time to turn things around. So what if the other girls belittle you because you lost that second shot? I say, fuck ‘em. Let them say what they wanna say about you and turn the other cheek. Respond in your next match and make damn sure they take notice. Sometimes, words aren’t enough.

She lifted her head and slowly smiled.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Thanks. I really needed that.

Michael Banz
Always here for ya.

The conversation then shifted onto other topics for a little while longer.

Scene 05
Philadelphia, PA
Wells Fargo Center
IWF Battle Grounds

I can hear you now talk, talking a lot, but it's still talk
Gotta love how it's somehow all on me
All the petty scenes and all the pretty things
Say whatever you want 'cause I can laugh it off

The arena was filled to the maximum capacity for yet another episode of Battle Grounds. The crowd was buzzing with great excitement, anticipating the battles to continue past the recent pay-per-view and also answers to questions that sprang up since that night.

In the ring stood Blyss in her wrestling attire with a microphone in hand and a steel chair next to her. She was met with a thunderous roar of boo’s from the crowd. They were so loud that she decided not to speak yet. Instead, she sat on the chair and waited for them to finish. They continued jeering until finally, they stopped. She flashed them a half smile and brought the microphone to her lips while crossing one leg over the other.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Due to some miscommunication, I am facing a fellow Empire member in what is called the “Siege Perilous Round One” tonight. My opponent is none other than Philip Joseph. Now Phil here, may I call you that? Okay, Phil lost to Baron Tompson at Rising Monarchy despite putting up the good fight. Yes, I did watch your match, comrade and I thought you’d pick up the win. Even back on New Year’s Evil when you, oops, lost your Uprising championship to a crazy dude. I guess I’m the only one who thinks this match we’re about to have is ridiculous so I guess I’ll just go with the flow. Apparently, you plan to make me “non existent”. Think I didn’t see your tweet there, Phil? I’m so disappointed, really I am. Whatever happened to team work? We’re a team here. We’re both from the Empire, dammit and there you go boasting about a possible win over me. (scowls) How dare you count me out already!

She paused and looked down. Shaking her head, she counted to ten while breathing hard at first. Then she looked up at the IWF audience with a smile on her face. They started to boo her once more but this time, the jeering ceased faster than before. She calmly spoke again.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Ruby, I believe you’re expecting some sort of mental breakdown on my part after blatantly messing up my matches starting from Rising Monarchy and now this. Apparently you don’t only screw around with men. When I first got the call about my upcoming match on Battle Grounds, I honestly thought it was a joke. Then I knew that only you could be behind this. Who else would it be but the conniving witch of the Empire? I actually went right to my car and sat in the driver’s seat, all ready to drive to whatever crack hole you’re living in these days just so I could beat the crap out of you until you can only wheeze for oxygen. Whether or not you’re responsible for this mix-up, I’m gonna take this one as a test. Obviously, you’re not a team player and neither are you, Phil. Hell, we’re even from the same fucking home state! What? That doesn’t matter at all? This match will show everyone in this arena and in the back that I am a good team player... Like I hadn’t already proven that at Rising Monarchy... And that is exactly why I will beat you, Phillip Joseph. I thought you and I could be friends but alas, you chose to erase me, to wipe me out, like I am nobody in this goddamn company. I am Blyss Lockhart and I have made my impact here. I may not have walked out the new Queen of Wrestling champion last Sunday but believe you me, Phillip Joseph, I will knock that champagne bottle on your head so that you can come to your senses long enough to see the Blyzzard rain down on you, you pathetic piece of--

She suddenly threw the microphone away like it was hot metal and for a moment, she placed a hand over her chest with wide eyes as if surprised at herself. Then she shook her head and stared back at the now responsive crowd with a smirk that kept appearing and disappearing as she made her exit out of the ring. Walking back, she stifled a giggle and then another and before long, she began laughing all the way to the women’s locker room.

Talk, talking a lot, but it's still talk
Gotta love how it's somehow all on me
All the petty scenes and all the pretty things
Say whatever you want 'cause I can laugh it off

----------------
OOC:
The song that inspired all of this is “Let It Happen” by Jimmy Eat World.
Back to top Go down
Shooter Davis

Shooter Davis

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 1-1-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Trying Times
We are at TD Garden just moments after Philip Joseph's match with Baron. Philip is walking the halls with his head down. He looks angry and distraught. He just can't seem to come to terms with his ups and downs over the last few months. He just seems to be all up in his head.
What am I doing wrong? I am letting the Empire down and I feel like they are getting annoyed with my key losses. I don't know what to do anymore. I have busted my ass day in and day out only to be beaten. I have given my all and I just can't seem to get back into my groove. I need to go on a self exploration journey and try and find myself again. I need to find something to help me get my head straight and get back to winning.
Philip continues down the halls. He lifts his head and decides he is going to seek some advice from the newest addition to The Empire. He walks down the halls until he stops at the locker room of none other then "Axle Vengeance" He knocks on the door and waits for a response.Axle opens the door and invites him in.
Hey whats up man? Everything ok you don't look to happy?

Philip looks at him and shakes his head all flustered.

What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing right?

Smoking on his cigarette leaning against the wall Axle stayed quiet for a moment glancing around the room. He looked up staring right through me.

"You wanna know what your problem is Phil? You don't handle your shit. I'm not talking about the greater good of The Empire and Corey Casey's ideologies or the principals we carry on with. I'm talking about being a MAN. I'm talking about looking out for your best interests in this business. It doesn't matter how you do it or what you've got to do in order to achieve it. One thing I've learned throughout the years is that it's a long and hard road to the top. Keep your emotions to yourself, never give these fuckin piranha any ammunition. Somebody that might pretend to be close to you might just end up stabbing you in the back. Like me right now, what's not to say that I won't just make you choke on your own teeth? Nothing can prepare you for something like that. You've just gotta always be on your guard. Look at Alexander Remington, he joined with me and the WINNING side. He fooled them all. Everyone knew The Empire had their grasp firmly wrapped around the throat of IWF. Remington knew it and jumped ship. He's already left and came back again. Trust is something that needs to be thrown out the window in this business. If you don't speak up for yourself and stand up you'll just get eaten alive."

Tapping his cigarette with his index finger he exhaled up towards the drop ceiling. With his face emotionless and his voice raspy Axle stood there with confidence and the stature of a legend.

How should I go into this week facing another member of the empire?

"It doesn't matter Empire or not, think of Phillip Joseph and his career only. FUCK everything else man. When it's all said and done look out for yourself. I can't echo those words enough. I've made a career out of self-promotion. I never needed a crutch or needed to slob on some cock to get over. Be the BEST and be RUTHLESS. Aren't you tired of getting overlooked Phil? People are talking about HFF, Alexander Remington and Corey Casey as The Empire...no one else. Doesn't that bother you? If it does then prove it. Prove your worth. Go out there and use the anger and frustration. Use it to your advantage, allow it to FUEL the FIRE. Walk to the ring knowing you'll win, put some fuckin confidence in that step. Are you telling me you doubt your ability to beat Blyss Lockhart? She's a fuckin woman. You should NEVER lose to a woman...EVER! Despite their movement in liberalism and feminism women need know that wrestling is a MAN'S world, plain and simple. Stablemate or not you go out there and you disfigure her. You don't think that if they put the two of us in the ring and rang the bell that I wouldn't do the same to you? Do yourself a favor go out there and take your RESPECT. Don't let her off the hook Phil. You've come to me for advice. I've taken my time to help so I expect results."

Grinding his cigarette into the bench beside him Axle looks up and walks to his fridge removing a couple of Shocktop beers tossing me one. We both opened our beers and toasted to each other.

What would you do if you were in a funk like I am?

"If I was in the funk you've been in kid I'd train harder. Preparation is a huge thing. Take time go into detail about everything. Don't shoot a commercial for a piece of shit no name brand deodorant...produce a fuckin MASTERPIECE something that could even be Oscar worthy. Entertaining is half the battle. That doesn't mean do some kind of fuckin song and dance like Libby...or carry around a farm animal to get cheap laughs. Gimmicks are stupid and the ones that need them won't go very far. The laughs they fade and the shock factor lessens once the fans develop callouses. Do you remember when you were trying to find yourself back in the day? Remember how HFF came into your locker room and punked you? We came in and TOOK the reigns. We dominated never looking back. You won't have any funks in your career if you never let up. Once your foot is on the throat bear down and go for the KILL. Stick with me, learn from me and soon enough you'll reach the pinnacle of your career. Look what I've done for guys like Damien Drake, Ace Static, hell even Flex Johnson came to me for advice. I've helped them all reach levels of GREATNESS. Despite what people want to think or say about me behind the scenes because of my brash attitude and FUCK YOU I'm better than you elitist mindset...I've always had to play the mentor role. So even though people can run their mouths and talk their shit about Axle Vengeance the person it never effects me. Don't let people toy with your mind or your emotions Phillip. That is a recipe for disaster. Be confident and never second guess yourself. I see potential in you, untapped potential. Find me whenever you feel yourself start to waiver from the path of self-rediscovery and DOMINATION. I don't always help people but when I do...I turn mother fuckin shit into GOLD kid. Don't let me down, choke that bitch out if necessary. Get that W by any means."

Quickly chugging his beer Axle slammed it down on the table letting out a sigh of delight. He shot me a wink before grabbing another beer and picking up his cell phone letting me know he needed to make a phone call. His words were encouraging...surprising as well.Philip walks out the door an lets Axle take care of his business as the scene fades to black.

Scene 2: Let the Gambling begin...

The scene opens up inside Philips hotel room. He is sitting on his Ipad looking at the Battle Grounds card. All of a suddent there is a knock on his door. Philip walks over and answers it. A tall Italian man walks in with a few books in hand. Philip smiles and invites him in. He walks over and grabs his bottle of Jameson and pours two drinks and hands one to the mysterious man.

Hey Jimmy hows it going? You got the stuff for me?

Jimmy smiles and pulls out his books and a pen.

Oh you know I do. What kind of bookie would I be if I didn't come prepared...

They both share a few laughs. Jimmy cracks his books...

Ok so what do we have first? I am ready to make some money.

Jimmy opens the books and smirks.

Well we have the Triple threat match first. The Odds are very different. We have Allen Walker with a 3 to 1 odds, then we have Jaxx Ryder with a 2 to 1 and Matt Stone with 1 to 1 odds.

Philip takes a minute to look over the card before he gets a grin on his face.

Well Jimmy this is a tough one. First we have Walker and I haven't seen this kid do anything. All I know is that he is Injured and all he has done is cry about it. Kinda sad if you ask me. Then we have Jaxx who has alot of potential and was the one who injured Walker. Then we have Matt Stone the man who has been trying to sleep his way into the Empire. Pretty sad he has to try and sneak in. I mean if the kid was good Im sure Corey would have brought him in.

They both chuckle and take a sip of their drinks.

So whos it going to be Phil? Remember I dont have all day I have other clients to get to.

Calm down Jimmy, I know for a fact you don't have anyone willing to put up as much money as I am. But anyways I am going to put up Five grand on Jaxx and the 2 to 1 odds.

Jimmy starts jotting down the bet into his book as Philip reaches into his gym bag and tosses him 5 grand.

Nice, I like these big bets. The next match up we have is the first round of the Siege Perilous match with Storming Raven versus Jack Savage. Savage is favored to win this one. I have a few people going with Raven though.

Philip stops and thinks for a second. He has alot of faith in his comrade Savage but Jimmy has alot of other people picking Raven to win this one. This is going to be a tough decision.

Well Jimmy Storming Raven is making his return to the ring. I don't really know a whole lot about him, but I do know alot about Savage. I have watched that kid grow exponentially over the last few weeks. So I am going to throw another 5 grand on Savage for that match.

Jimmy smiles when he hears how much money Philip is putting up early on.

Wow Philip looks at you balling with all this cash, maybe I should get into the wrestling gig.

Philip begins to laugh hysterically as he listens to Jimmy.

No offense Jimmy but I think you should just stick to what your doing. Anyways lets get onto the next match up.

Jimmy writes down Philips latest bet as he collects the second batch of cash from Philip.

Alright well this match isn't very hyped. Not alot of people are taking any action on this one. We got the divas tag team match up. Diana Logan and newcomer Rhiannon LeBlanc versus the 2 new comers Molly Reid and Jaci Sovereign. Its a close match up but Logan and LeBlanc are barely ahead.

Philip gets a smirk on his face when he hears the name Sovereign.

Well Jimmy the team of Logan and LeBlanc is iffy, Last week Logan managed to pull off the upset over my friend and Teammate Savage, but I wasn't impressed she got lucky. But on the other hand we have Molly and Jaci and I know Jaci real well we have had our fair share of meetings in the past so I am going to put a grand on Jaci and Molly to pull off the upset.

Jimmy jots down the bet and collects more of Philips money with a smile on his face.

Alright next match up is in the Siege Perilous, we have Empire member Ruby Winters versus Johnny Cage. Winters is favored to win this one. All of the action so far is on Ruby. So lets hear what you got.

Well Jimmy. Ruby is a member of the Empire. She actually cost my opponent this week her shot at the Queen of Wrestling Championship last week. But lets face it Jimmy she is a woman in a mans Sport, Even though she is facing a joke in the Mortal Combat rip off in Johnny Cage. I am going to put a grand on Johnny Cage for this one.

Jimmy writes down the bets and pulls out the next match up.

Alright next match we got is another Triple threat match. Looks like we got the new guy Uncanny Inferno with 3 to 1 odds facing off against Farmer Dick who has 2 to 1 odds and Desmond Young who has the odds of 1 to 1.

Philip laughs at these guys names.

Wow Farmer Dick and Uncanny Inferno are you kidding me? This is an easy one for me Jimmy I cant go with a Farmer who is always playing with his cock and I cant go with Baron Blaze's twin in the Uncanny Inferno. So give me Desmond for another 5 grand.

Jimmy just has a perma grin on his face as he hears the sound of money falling into his lap.

Good Call Philip. Can I get another drink real quick?

Philip looks at Jimmy with an odd look on his face as he gets up and pours 2 more drinks.

I thought you were in a rush Jimmy?

Jimmy just chuckles.

Well it appears things have changed I dont have anywhere else to be for awhile.

Philip smirks as he knows Jimmy wouldn't be in a rush after he heard the kind of money Philip was looking to spend tonight. He finishes pouring the drinks and walks back over to Jimmy handing him his drink.

Alright so next we got Gordon Fury and John Tolly facing off. Gordon is favored to blow this one away.

Philip laughs when he hears Gordon is predicted to blow this one out.

Well Jimmy I have some history with both of these men. John Tolly used to call himself my friend but I put an end to that when I had Baron practically burn his face off. The guy is a joke I can see why he is picked to lose. And Gordon the man who beat me not once but twice in two straight weeks. Me and him have some unfinished business to get to here soon. But I am going to throw in 10 grand on Gordon.

Jimmy's eyes open up real wide and a huge smile appears on his face at the sound of 10 grand.

Wow it seems like you either got alot of confidence in Gordon or no confidence in Tolly. Either way someone is walking away happy with this one and someone is going to be pretty pissed. But lets get back to business, Next match up is Jacob Figgins and Flex Johnson. This is a pretty even match up in my books.

Philip grins when he hears the name Flex Johnson.

Well I can't say to much about Figgy or whatever the hell his name is the guy must not of done anything maybe thats why the name doesn't ring a bell, but Flex Johnson on the other hand. That man on is not only talented but I see big things for him. We may not be on the same side of the field but he is one man I respect. I am going to throw two grand on Flex.

Jimmy continues to write up these bets the smile never leaving his face.

Alright lets keep this rolling, next match up is Ryan Apollos versus Eric Steel. Eric Steel is heavily favored to win this one and alot of people are taking his action.

Well Jimmy both of these men have had alot of success here in IWF. I don't really know much nor do I care to about Apollos, and Eric he is an empire member. This is a tough match up. You said Steel is favored and alot of people are taking his action?

Jimmy looks up at Philip and nods his head yes.

Well Jimmy nothing against Steel but I am going with the Apollos only because I want to try and steal some money from all the people taking action on Steel.Lets throw 2 grand on Apollos.

Once again Jimmy jots down the bet and collects the money with a permanent smile on his face.

Alrighty moving on we got Steel Angel versus Ethan cage in a Casket match. This is a pretty solid lineup with Cage barely getting the edge on this one only due to the head games he has been playing on Angel.So whats it going to be?

Philip sits for a minute as he looks at the line up sheet and notices some of the bets on this match. He nods and looks up at Jimmy.

Well Jimmy. I cant say anything about Ethan because I haven't seen him wrestle I have heard alot of things about him but this is a hard call. And Steel hasn't really done much since losing the High Impact title to Gordon Fury. But I am going to take a chance on this one and throw a grand on Ethan Cage.

Jimmy jots it down and looks up at Philip.

Good call on that one and last but not least we have the main Event for the Tag Team Championship featuring Hollywood's Fucking Finest versus Nerte le Chéile. This match up is heavily favored for HFF.

Philip smirks as he knows this is an easy choice.

Well Jimmy I noticed you have been smiling at the amounts of money I have been putting out there but this one is going to blow you away. See I can't go with that crazy fucking guy named Sean and his alcoholic partner Tim Patrick. This is an easy decision I am going to go with HFF. And I am going to go 20 grand.

Jimmy's jaw practically hits the floor at the size of this bet.

WOW that is a huge bet. I hope you win big man. Lets add up the total damage real quick.

Jimmy starts to count all the money Philip has laid out on this weeks Battle Grounds. Jimmy finishes counting the money and looks up at Philip.

Wow 52 thousand dollars. That is alot of money to put on one show. I hope it all works out for you.

Jimmy I don't need luck. This is chump change but if I win there is a huge tip in it for you.But hey I have to get ready to for my match.

Jimmy smirks that the sound of a tip. He reaches out and shakes Philips hand as he packs up his books and heads out of the hotel room as the scene fades to black.

Scene 3: The Shoot
Friends or Foes

The scene opens up and we see Philip Joseph standing at the top of the entrance ramp to an empty Wells Fargo Center. He walks down just looking around the empty arena. He gets down to the ring and climbs in then walks to the corner and climbs the ropes and sits on the top rope.

So I have been in a funk here lately. I lost a match I feel I should have won at Rising Monarchy to the little fire bug Baron Blaze. I hope that win doesn't go to his head, because it isnt the last time he has seen me. I will get another shot at him and the outcome will be very different. Corey gave me a mission and I will not fail him. Baron just got lucky and won the battle but he will not win the war. Just remember that Baron, you might want to watch your step you never know when I may decide to strike. You like fire and using it to hurt people but wouldn't it be ironic if someone happened to find you all burnt up in the back. Just remember to watch your back.

Philip chuckles as he watches the stage hands making last minute preparations to the ring and announce table.

This week my focus is on getting back into the winning ways. It has been a rough road for me here in IWF after losing the Uprising Championship to Sean Libby. But I went out and tried to clear my head and decided to seek some advice from a man who I have looked up to for years. Axle gave me some solid advice and it was not only encouraging but it was surprising as well. Axle and HFF used to punk me and fuck with me back in UECW. But you see now that we are on the same side, he has become like a mentor to me. And I don't want to let him down. I am going to head into this match on a mission and that mission is to walk out victorious no matter what..

Philip hops off the top rope and begins to walk around the ring bouncing off the ropes. He hits one of the ropes and it is still loose and he almost falls out of the ring. He regains his composure and looks at the stage hand.

What the fuck is your problem? Get up here and fix this shit I could of hurt myself. God I swear they should have an I.Q. test for these incompetent morons.

The stage hand runs over and tries to apologize for his mistake but Philip shoves his away, the stage hand begins to tighten the rope as Philip walks down and sits on top of the announce table.

This week is the beginning of the Siege Perilous Tournament. No one has been told what this tournament is all about or what the winner may get but rumors are floating around that the winner may receive a Championship match. This has alot of men and a few women intrigued. 8 wrestlers will enter this tournament and only one will walk out the winner. This is a tournament I plan on playing spoiler in. I know I am not favored to win this but I will surprise everyone when I win the whole damn thing. And this week I get to face another member of the Empire. A woman who was robbed if you will at Rising Monarchy by another member of the Empire Ruby Winters. It appeared to be accidental or was it?

Philip grins as he hops off the announce table and climbs over the barricade and walks into the stands.

Blyss Lockhart... A women and a fellow Empire member. You said you saw my tweet to your little play toy Matt Stone. Yeah I tweeted about how you will soon be non existent. I mean whats to say you and Matt aren't up to something. Your a member of the Empire messing around with a man who has no ties to the Empire. and if that is your plan then I have no choice but to eliminate you. You see I had some respect for you and planned on going into this match with nothing but respect but then I learned about your little fling with Matt and that made me second guess your true intentions. I mean come on either you two have something planned or he is using you to try and sleep his way into the Empire. Either way I don't approve and I am sure the rest of the Empire will agree with me. See we are two rising stars in the Empire and we are both trying to prove we belong but lets face it Blyss you are a woman is a mans sport. You can all talk about equal rights and woman should be treated just like the men. Normally I wouldn't take a match with a "Girl" but come Battle Grounds your going to wish all those feminist women didn't fight for equality. I plan on going out and laying it all on the line. I am coming to prove I belong in the spot light. I am tired of being a show opener to mid card. I want to be main event status and if that means I have to eliminate you then so be it. See when I went and had my little chat with Axle it made me see the light. It made me stop and think. I went and trained harder and learned a few more tips and tricks. I am going into this match to prove I deserve the Respect of the Empire and the rest of IWF.

Philip continues to climb the stairs of the arena and then he stops at the top of one of the entrances and stops and turns and looks down at the ring.

You see Blyss we may be stablemates but that doesn't mean I have to like you, it just means I have to tolerate you. See you will soon find out why you don't belong in the same ring as I do. Oh and your little threat about hitting me with my Champagne Bottle made me laugh. I think you just want to get your hands on it so you know how it feels to hold something that would cost your whole paycheck to buy. You are just another sheep in this world. I am going to prove to Corey and the rest of The Empire I am a leader. Just hope your ready for the biggest fight of your career. I am going to lay it all on the line and you won't be able to hang with me. Just remember this Blyss, you are a woman in a MAN'S World. And I am going to prove to Corey you are nothing but dead weight to the Empire. Lets just hope Matt will still want something to do with you after I disfigure that pretty little face of yours. See we aren't friends we are foes and I will stop at nothing to prove you don't belong. So Blyss think long and hard tonight while your cuddled up with Matt, do you really want to do this to yourself? Because I know if you decide to show up it wont be a pretty outcome. I am the Champagne Superstar and you just can't hang with me.

Philip turns and heads into the dark hallway as the scene fades to black.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Philip Joseph [vs.] Blyss Lockhart
Page 1 of 1