Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel Empty
PostSubject: Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel   Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:46 pm

uhhh.........didn't Flex want to face me?
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel   Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:42 pm

(OOC: Forgive me for the short RP, something serious came up late Thursday/early Friday. It will be explained in the OOC area)

You Have One Message From: Nia (Sister)
“Hey Flex, I’m sorry to bother you. I know you are probably preparing for your match this week. But, I’ve got some bad news to tell you. Grandma was just rushed to the hospital. The doctors are not 100 percent sure what the problem is; they suspect it’s some type of infection.

“I just wanted to give you a heads up.

“Love you bro.”

February 28, 3:49 p.m.

---

You Have One Message From: Nia (Sister)
“Hey Flex. Grandma made it through surgery. It looks like things are starting to get better, hopefully anyway.”
February 28, 5:37 p.m.

---

You Have One Message From: Mother
“Flex; it’s your mom.

“Well dear, I have some bad news—your grandma passed away about 30 minutes ago. The doctors said that she has had a really bad infection for the past two weeks. By the time she got into the hospital, it was just about too late.

“I’ll send you some more details when they come up.”

February 28, 8:19 p.m.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel   Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel SA_zps35468d6c

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel Vg_zps83b03c0b

=As the night falls. (Version one)=

I gazed up at the afternoon sky, just as I had done these last few days. I've been telling myself that this moment would come, and that I said I would be ready when it did.

Now I take a moment to reflect: Has it really been three weeks since I last returned to an IWF ring?

Feels like forever, guess that's how all the retired IWF guys must feel every time they step back into the square circle, feels like time just jumped forward and they get that urging sensation, the need to break bones and amaze the crowd with their antics, absorbing the warmth of the spotlight being centered down on them as they soak in the cheers or jeers of over ten thousand screaming fans.

Seemed like only yesterday I was struggling with the stress of maintaining the main event picture, I was being fed foe after foe and yet I wasn’t at all satisfied. I wanted more, I always wanted more, and yet every time I went in, I find the people I fought weren’t up to my standards, many of them didn't even put so much as a ounce worth of effort. Seemed more content with serving themselves up as my personal attack dummies and I just lined them up and knocked them down.

Then Ethan Cage would make his return and at this point I had just about enough, I was really depressed with the severe lack of competition that this fed has offered me lately. I should have been among the contenders for the Heavyweight championship and yet all I got was cannon fodder. So when Ethan challenged me to that casket match I figured this would been the perfect time to take a vacation, I knew I was getting stressed out, working myself almost to death in spite of the ease of the matches I've been in. Felt like I was doing all of the work and it was just making me restless. That match with Ethan would end up being my escape from the mental anguished that I was enduring. Many had said that it was due to Ethan's mind games that my state of being was at the most part unhinged and perhaps part of it was, the main cause though was just the stress that I was going through. I didn't go down without a fight of course, made the kid work for his win and I would be sent away in my little casket. I would fly back to San Diego for a nice week of rest and relaxation.

Thinking back now, I discovered just how much I missed being in that ring.

Lately the competition has been picking up, which is a good thing. I was called in by the new GM of IWF, a person I had a brief history with: Jessica Matthews. The Philips arena laid before me in the distance, all it took was one phone really. I walked down towards the side entrance, jacket on with the hood covering my hair and face, didn't need anyone seeing me just yet, only the GM knew I was on my way here and she wanted to keep it that way for the moment. Figured she had some plan on how I could make my return back into the square circle.

I slipped in, made my way down the halls, even after being gone for a few weeks I still remember where everything was, that's what happens after spending two years in the company: You tend to memorize where everything is, like who needs a map?

So I walked to where the GM office is located, standing before this nice looking door with the bronze plating on the top reading "GM Office" for those of us who need to confirm that this is the right place to be if you need to speak with the General Manager. I lightly tap my knuckles against the side and folded my hands when a soft voice calls from the other end.

???
Come in.

I turned the knob and shut the door behind me, not even bothering to check to see if I closed it or not, the sound alone giving me the benefit of the doubt. I see a large oak table, neatly shined and furnished, behind that table is a large leather chair and on that chair is the GM herself Jessica. I took a deep breath and turned to the side, I noticed Chuck Matthews was standing right beside her, his gaze centered on me for a moment. I ignore him and bowed before the GM, showing my respect to the new power of IWF.

Yuko Isamu
Hello Miss Jessica.

She was slightly taken back by my politeness; I can't help but be amused and a bit guilty as well. After all I did kidnap this very woman a year ago and held her against her will during my battle with Corey when he was part of Upper Limit. I point to the chair in front of me that was on the opposite side of the table.

Yuko Isamu
Mind if I sit down?

Jessica Matthews
Uhh.....yes please do.

Still slightly taken back by my posture, I calmly sat down and overlap my hands over each other as I lean back, staring into the eyes of my new boss.

Yuko Isamu
I want to start off by being the first to say congratulations on your position as general manager of IWF.

Jessica Matthews
Thank you.

She smiled at me, clearly she's liking my attitude, much better than how I was with her a year and half ago. Man it felt so odd that we would be meeting here in this very room: Her the GM and me the returning high roller of the federation.

Jessica Matthews
I take it my brother spoke to you prior to setting up this meeting.

Yuko Isamu
He did.

Jessica Matthews
So you're ready to make your return back to wrestling.

Yuko Isamu
I am.

She then leaned back as we locked eyes for a moment.

Jessica Matthews
Very well then but before we can get to that.......I need to catch up on a few things. You see I've been recently made GM of this place.

Yuko Isamu
So I've heard.

Jessica Matthews
Have you been keeping track of the events that occured during your absense?

Yuko Isamu
I've watched every show during my vacation of that's what you're asking.

Jessica Matthews
Alright so you're caught up then.....that's good.

Moment of silence.

Jessica Matthews
Well let's talk about tonight, about your return to IWF.

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel Steelo_zpsd456abfd

Wow much has changed in the short time I've been gone.

Safe to say I've been out of practice, not to worry though because I'm more than ready to tear up the place and make some noise.

Let me just be blunt with you Flex, this is no more than a mere warm up for me, something to get me back into the groove. I guess they already had all the competitive people booked so when they had people drawing straws to find out who will be my attack dummy this week you ended up pulling the short end of the stick. Well time for you to step in here and find out how long you can last against me because I'm back, I'm pumped and I'm ready to rock and roll.

So step aside green horn, Steel Angel is coming through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel   Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flex Johnson [vs.] Steel Angel
Page 1 of 1