Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins Empty
PostSubject: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 am

TAG TEAM MATCH
Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury
[vs]
Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins

RP MINIMUM: 500 words
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:21 pm

A Black Beretta M9 sits in an open case on a well-worn wooden table.  The gun is black, for the most part, but the sharp corners and raised ridges have been worn into silver lines that look almost skeletal on the weapon.  The black synthetic grips are stamped with a set of military Captain’s Bars with a name plate set beneath them, reading “J. GABRIEL”.  The letters “USAF” are engraved on the side of the receiver of the weapon.  The camera slowly tilts and pans out to reveal that the weapon and case is sitting inside a stall at a shooting range.  A set of red earphones hangs screen right on the wall.  Jason walks into the shot, dressed in a black T-shirt with a  red Cobra (as in the GI Joe enemy) logo that covers the front of it.  He’s also wearing blue jeans, black Wolverine boots and red-lensed shooting glasses.

He steps into the shot, removing the pistol and one of the magazines from the case.  He slips the mag into place effortlessly, pulls the slide to chamber the first round and flips the switch to FIRE.  He turns, pointing the weapon downrange and bracing it on the firing position.  He fires off the gun, going through all fifteen rounds rather quickly.  The camera can’t focus on Jason and the target at the same time, but from the looks of the black dots that appear in the blurry silhouette of the paper man hanging from the tracked runner overhead?  It looks like they all hit in a pretty good group, but that’s not important.  He turns to face the camera with the smoking, empty gun in his hand.  The slide is locked open, since the last round has been fired.  Jason presses the clip release and catches the empty magazine in his other hand, setting it on the table behind him for the moment.  He holds the gun up, sideways, for the camera to see.

Jason Gabriel: Beretta M9.  Pretty much the standard service pistol for the US Military.  At least until next year.  Look at this one, how the black has worn off the edges from how much it’s been handled and fired.  I got this pistol the day I joined the Air Force, and I’ve had it ever since.  Had it for a year in Iraq, it saved my life one day in Afghanistan…

Jason closes the slide with his thumb and shifts to holding the pistol in two hands, turning it over and examining it closely.

Jason Gabriel: You can see where my hand has made the back of the handle shiny here.  You can see where my finger rests on the trigger guard when I’m not firing.  I’ve had this gun for 14 years now.  I’ve kept it up, I’ve replaced parts of it, I mean it's on its fourth trigger, I’ve smithed it for competitions and practice, but I still have it.

Jason turns the gun back over, holding it in one hand again as he speaks.

Jason Gabriel: Now me?  I’m from Arizona.  Big, bright red state.  I won’t get too into my own personal politics except to say that I come from a place where the Second Amendment lives large and roams free.  I mean, the whole Gabby Giffords thing has gotten some people on the other side to speak up, but a lot of kids in Arizona still grow up shooting.  My dad, my brothers, even my sister would always go shooting.  It was a skill my father expected us to have.  Be able to defend ourselves if nothing else.  Some of us took it more seriously than the others.  My older brother and my father still go hunting in Colorado or Wyoming every year in the fall.  I didn’t go in for that, I’d rather tear a car apart and rebuild it while waiting for the Broncos game to start on a fall Sunday.  But I did grow up learning to use and respect a gun.  Needless to say, that helped me going ino the Air Force, where even though I was a mechanic, I still had to qualify before I could deploy to active warzones.

Jason Gabriel: I live in Colorado now, and I still don’t hunt.  Sometimes I let my dad and my brother use my place out in the woods if they’re hunting near there, and they usually swing by Denver if I’m gonna be home, but I still don’t hunt.  I do, however, own a lot of guns.  I mean, I got a lot.  I suppose it’s like any other collection, really.  I’m not some NRA nut, hoarding an arsenal or anything, but I have some guns.  I’ve got an assortment of hunting rifles given to me as gifts by my dad and my brother in hopes of trying to lure me out.  I’ve got a 454 Casull Taurus Raging Bull, that thing will crack an engine block.  I’ve got a Colt Peacemaker that used to belong to Bill Cody, hell that one doesn’t even fire, it’s just cool to have.  But of all the guns I have at my hose, and I probably have about two dozen, when shit hits the fan?  Or I should say, if shit were to hit the fan?  You know what I’m talking about.  Lying in bed, 3am, whomever is lying in there with you that you hold dear in your life says, “I think someone’s downstairs.”  If that happens?  I’m not grabbing the shotgun in my closet.  I’m not grabbing that 454, even though it can blow through quarter-inch steel.  The first thing I grab?

Jason pats his old Air Force sidearm.

Jason Gabriel: Old Faithful, here.  You see, there’s something to be said for familiarity.  There’s something to be said for simplicity.

Jason nods, turning and dropping the gun into the gun-shaped cut out in his case.  He slides the magazine into the reserve and closes the case, locking the combination locks by jumbling up their numbers.  He turns to face the camera, resting his hands on the table as he leans against it.

Jason Gabriel: I’ve previously elucidated the process by which the Stygian persona came into my life.  How Minesko Kiyagami forced the Reaper onto me, how Mike nelson and Eric Telfor refined that into Stygian, and how by the time I came it IWF, I was so lost in that role; so buried in that persona that I didn’t even know who I really was without it anymore.  I won’t go so far as to say it was a dissociative identity.  It wasn’t like I have bouts of aggression and would wake up in strange cities not knowing how I got there and who the women I was sleeping with were.  No, I remember all of that.  I never felt as though I couldn’t control myself.  But I did feel locked into a path that I couldn’t change.  Like an old RPG with variable endings.  Even though I knew I was locked into a bad one?  Well, you couldn’t go back and undo it in those old games.  You had to start all over, from the very beginning.  

Jason Gabriel: The thing with Stygian was, it truly was that I couldn’t get out from under it.  I was trapped under him.  Every costume was more extravagant.  Every entrance was more spectacular.  Every codpiece was…well, anyway.  I got to the point where I wouldn’t step in front of a camera, or go down to the ring that I didn’t worry about staying true to that persona.  Every conscious moment of my public life was so focused on how it was that I could keep in line with that image I held so dear.  And ever since I’ve left that image behind me?  Ever since Death Angel crushed Lilith and Lilah on that table and I had my drinking problem and that living hell I put Jaci Sovereign through that was trying to hold my hand through that mess?  Ever since I took every piece of Stygian I had left, carted it out into the Nevada desert and lit it on fire?  The remarkable thing about not being Stygian anymore is that I don’t have to think like him anymore.  I can reach for the simplest tool, like my old service weapon here, and just get the job done.

Jason shifts over to lean against the partition between the two shooting stalls in the otherwise-empty shooting gallery.  He folds his arms over his chest, staring into the camera through those red lenses he’s wearing.

Jason Gabriel: For example, this match?  Right here?  The current World Champion and the former World Champion across the ring from me, and another former world champion who just happens to be my opponent at From The Ashes?  Let me tell you what I would have done just a year ago.  I would have taken to Griffin, I would have worked with him, I would have towed the line and we would have absolutely destroyed Ethan and Gordon.  We’d have gotten the win, and left them lying haplessly in the ring.  And then?  As the ref raised our hands and “Cry Thunder” was playing?  And it would have been “Cry Thunder” because I would have planned it and executed it so that I not only got the pin, but I pinned you, Gordo.  I would have planned to have the second to the last thing people saw being me, who isn’t anywhere near the title picture, pinning the World Champion in the middle of the ring.  That would have been the second to the last thing.  The last?  The last thing those people would have seen is the referee raising mine an Griffin’s hands, and them me turning, kicking him in the nuts and Baneblading him in the middle of the ring.  You see Stygian would have carefully crafted this entire event so you saw him beating the World Champion and then definitively destroying his future opponent so that you started to think, “Why isn’t this guy the next in line for the title?”

Jason rights himself and remove his glasses, setting them on the table next to the case where his gun is locked.  He grabs the case, shifts it to the other hand and then takes the glasses, hanging them from the collar of his shirt and walking towards the exit carrying the case.  The camera follows him as he walks screen left.

Jason Gabriel: You see, that’s what Stygian would have done.  That’s why he never made any friends.  None of the other wrestlers, anyway.  He never cared what any of you thought.  Not the fans in the arena, not the boys and girls in the back.  It was all about him and getting back to that belt.  That’s definitely what Stygian would have done.  But Jason Gabriel is no longer burdened by the bounds of trying to live up to Stygian.  

Stygian gets to a door and opens it, the camera cuts outside to a view of a long hallway into which he steps, continuing to walk camera left and be followed by the camera from his left side.

Jason Gabriel: So let’s run this.  Let’s look over the circumstances piece-by-piece.  Piece number one, opponent number one, Ethan Cage.  Ethan, I have to say, I had my eye on you back then.  Not only I…he…he had his eye on you back then.  You see, Stygian wanted you.  He wanted you in the ring and he wanted to dismantle you.  He wanted to do it when he was champion.  And when he was wasting away in Colorado, drinking his pain and Jaci Sovereign away?  He labored under the delusion that he could still to it and take the title from you.  Of course, in those days, I couldn’t have beaten the fucking Ninja.  I was far too busy feeling sorry for myself and drinking…but you see, I’ve never really respected you, Cage.

Jason Gabriel: Oh I know what you’re going to say…”I beat everyone, I was World Champion.”  Well, everyone but Gordon Fury, obviously.  But here’s the truth about you, Ethan; you’re far better than you realize, but you was way too much time trying to prove it.  I understand the impulse.  I used to spend three months crafting a ring entrance I might only use once for a special occasion.  I can understand the need to project onto the world the image that you want to be known by when your stock in trade is to go out there every week and beat people into near-unconsciousness and submission with your bare hands.  It’s like Batman: If you can get them thinking, get them wasting their energy and time worrying about you on a subliminal level.  Me, I chose to scare people.  I chose to scare them and to make them jealous.  And it worked.  Stygian was a scary motherfucker.  And if you weren’t scared of him?  You were jealous of him.  Come on.  He always won.  He was almost always the world champion.  He had two unbelievably beautiful women on his arms.  He was everything you wanted to be and he let you know it.

Jason Gabriel: You, Ethan?  You tried to make people think you were crazy.  You tried to make them think that you were crazy, and that you didn’t care because you were supposed to be so much better than everyone.  You hire actors and perform little sketches of people playing your opponents so that you can put words in their mouths and then beat them down.  But it was never their words, because you didn’t have the intellectual capacity to match wits with most of this roster.  Say what you will about the Insurgency.  The tide rises, the tide falls, but it’s really one of the smartest locker rooms I’ve ever been in.  Intellectually?  You never could hang with it.  You just smart enough to know that you weren’t smart enough.  So you’d hire actors and have them play your opponents saying things they would never normally say, so you could spout off one of the myriad insults you’d stolen from Kevin Smith movies and look clever.  It was the dumbest thing I’ve seen since a guy dressed up like Doctor Doom and spent twenty minutes going into a psych lesson trying to convince a guy that he thought he was an action hero cliché.  And I know something about that, because I was that guy.  And it was terrible.

Jason Gabriel: For a while the poorly-written sketch comedy was your only trick.  Week after week you cranked out under produced Eminem videos that weren’t half as funny as Em’s stuff, and Eminem’s stuff mostly sucked.  I mean you were basically cranking out a cheap YouTube series.  Well, it wasn’t cheap, given that you were probably paying a couple hundred bucks to loan out the local community theater group of whatever town you happened to be in that week.  I mean shit, Action Figure Therapy was cranking out better stuff than you were and that guy didn’t even have to pay for actors; it was just his voice and his old fucking G.I. Joe figures. But the remarkable thing about you Ethan is that even though you were conducting yourself in the most banal and stupid manner even remotely imaginable; you were winning! That’s the remarkable thing Ethan Cage you were still…winning. You were winning like Charlie Sheen after a drug bender!

Jason Gabriel: You were winning matches and people were taking notice.  That should’ve been enough, Ethan. It’s not like you didn’t get rewarded. You not only won the Battle for the Briefcase, but after you lost it to guy who cashed in and won the title, you went and worked your way back up the ladder to earn another title shot and beat the guy who stole the briefcase from you! Like I said Ethan, you’re better than you realize, and you waste far too much energy trying to prove it. Because what was the definitive first act of your world title reign? What was the first thing IWF World Heavyweight Champion Ethan Cage did? The first thing anyone really remembers about you being champ Ethan, is that you sent your manager out to whine and cry like a little bitch and then you followed him out, proceeded to call a little boy into the ring and beat him with a steel chair. You claimed it was because you weren’t getting enough respect are getting enough notice or what the hell ever was, to be honest I don’t know. I didn’t understand that action. I realize I was in FTW at the time but I still followed IWF from my DVR. I watched that and I literally said, “What?” If Jaci and I were still on speaking terms she could verify that, cause she was there. I find it ironic that the—what was he, nine years old? I find it supremely ironic that the nine-year-old was the most mature man in the ring that night. Here you were; World Heavyweight Champion and because people weren’t bowing down to kiss your ass quickly enough you get the nine-year-old with a steel chair. You threw a fucking temper tantrum!

Jason Gabriel: I know what the message you thought you were sending was. And to be honest most of the people saw you deck that kid and they heard what you wanted them to hear from it. They took a look at it and said, “Oh shit! Ethan Cage is serious! Ethan Cage is a bad dude! Ethan Cage doesn’t take shit from anyone! Ethan Cage is crazy!” Yeah, that’s what the morons all said. You know what I said, Ethan? I took a look at that little boy lying in the ring and you standing over him laughing like a Saturday morning cartoon villain and I said, “Did the IWF World Heavyweight Champion really just need a steel chair to beat a nine-year-old?” I can understand if you were frustrated. I can understand that you thought maybe you were being a little overlooked. I don’t think you realize that you are bringing that on yourself because of your stellar YouTube- quality interviews. But you probably weren’t afforded the respect you probably should have been accorded given your win-loss record and the fact that you had just beaten Griffin Hawkins to become the world champion. And believe me, I more than anyone else possibly on the face of the planet understand using the cheap heat to get people to notice you. But hitting a kid with a chair? Was that really necessary? If you wanted to rile people up and get under their skin let me tell you; you could’ve gotten a lot farther with a Lebron James jersey and a bad attitude. That’s what you don’t seem to understand Ethan. This business is about 1000 subtle little moves you make to craft their perception and then enact plans along those lines and that’s something I understand even though I’ve quit using the name Stygian and performing under his persona.

Jason Gabriel: I know what you’re probably going to come out with, now. Because the biggest event of the year is looming and you don’t have a partner for the dance right now. Brandon MacDonald gets to fight Gordon Fury for the world title. Griffin and I? Well, we couldn’t settle things in one match, so this time were going to bring a cage into it and whoever’s feet hit the floor first wins. Not only do you not have a rematch for your title, but nearly every active former world champion on the roster has other plans and none of them include you. You’re gonna be worried. You’re gonna be wondering, “What becomes of Ethan Cage if he doesn’t have a great opponent at From The Ashes to rebound from losing his title against?” I know what I would do, Ethan. I would look across this ring… Fuck it, let’s skip all the fancy rhetoric and let me just tell you: I already told you what I would do. I’d make my peace with Gordon long enough to win the match, I’d make sure I was the one who got the pin and then I stabbed Gordon the back and leave them lying underneath his own world title as the show cut out.

Jason Gabriel: That’s simple, that’s direct; and “simple and direct” are two things you have never been in your career, Ethan. So what’s actually going to happen? Well, you and Gordon you get your asses kicked and then next week you’ll probably send your manager out to cry and moan some more before you…I don’t know, maybe for you next trick you’ll sodomize an old lady with a microphone. All of your success has been in spite of yourself, Ethan. You rose up when the roster was down and you couldn’t hold on long enough to make a mark. But now Brandon Macdonald is back, Alexander Remington’s back, and from what I understand—even though he’s fairly busy running the company—Alex Dillinger is about a hair’s breadth away from being cleared return to the ring once again. And then there’s me. I never got to get in the ring with you when I was going by Stygian. However Jason Gabriel got into the ring with the former world champion and pinned him on pay-per-view. You know all that time I had to fight through that image I made. I always had to make people realize that it wasn’t the dark coats or the pretty girls, the beatings I put down were all me. Griffin Hawkins believes that, now. To his credit, Griffin Hawkins believed that all along. I don’t need to hog the spotlight and stabbed my partner in the back to send a message this week. In fact I’ll send a stronger message by carrying my own weight and making sure that Griffin I get our hands raised at the end of the night. The name is gone, but it was always the man. It was always the man underneath that won the matches. I plan to show the current and the former world champions of this company exactly that, Sunday night.

Jason makes his way past the front desk and through a glass double door, out into the late-afternoon sun. He pulls a set of keys out of his pocket and points them at a red Cadillac CTS with a rental car company’s logo on the license plate frame. He pushes a button on the key fob and the trunk pops open a little bit. Jason pulls lid of the trunk open and carefully sets his pistol down inside. He slams the trunk closed and then hops up to sit on the trunk resting his heels on the bumper of the car as it slowly tilts backward underneath his added weight.

Jason Gabriel: Gordon, Gordon, Gordon Fury… never thought I’d see you here. I never thought I’d see you like this, Gordon. But look at you! You’ve put on about 20 pounds, from the looks of it. 20 pounds of gold and diamonds and leather. Now you know the feeling. You know what it’s like when they hand you that thing, and they told you all on how heavy the damn thing is; but it feels like a feather that second they handed to you and announce your name, doesn’t it? I know the feeling, man. I’ve been there five times now, in three different companies. Trust me Gordo, it never gets old every time they hand it back to you. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say; never thought I’d see it handed to you in the first place! I admit I took one look at the way you were when you first came into this company and I said, “That kid will never make it to the top.” I mean you were what, 20? You were too skinny, you are too naïve, you’re always had this goofy grin on your face and you laughed at your own jokes far too much.

Jason Gabriel: But hey, I could be wrong. I’ve been wrong a time or two before. Sometimes it’s even cost me. So, just when Ethan Cage look like he was going to start rolling in be the unbeatable, unstoppable, implacable juggernaut; little Gordon Fury comes from a land down under and pulls the upset! Hey, good on you, kid! And the belt does look good on you, Gordon. But there is a strident difference between winning the title and being the World Champion. There is no learning curve, either. One day you’re walking out looking up at all the lights and seeing that guy in the ring thinking, “If I can just win this match, I’ll be the champion.”  The next thing you know they hand you this 20 pound belt that feels like it doesn’t weigh an ounce, and it keeps lying to you when you flip it up and rest it on your shoulder.  Because what you never realize the first time?  Is that you’re not just putting the World Title on your shoulder; you’re putting the world on your shoulder. Somewhere in every wrestler in that locker room’s life there is a dart board with a face plastered to it. Up until two weeks ago, that face was Ethan Cage’s. Now that face is yours. Now everyone in that locker room hates you. Everyone is jealous of you. Everyone thinks if they can get in the ring with you they can hold you down for three seconds and take the world off your shoulders. And your first act? Brandon Macdonald? It’s not easy. And if you send him off? It never gets easier. Ethan Cage is going to want a rematch if you can beat Brandon. Griffin Hawkins is going to think that he should be somewhere in the conversation because he’s a former champion. I think I see Parker Wayde still running around here somewhere. And don’t forget about me, Gordo, even though most people have since I grew my hair out and started limiting myself to one woman.

Jason Gabriel: And those are just the guys who’ve been there before who know they can get there again. For every one of those there’s 10 more guys coming up who’ve been mired in the middle and the bottom of the card, guys coming up from the developmental show, guys who are coming in from other companies wanting to be the Insurgency Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Champion. They’ll come out of the woodwork Gordon, I’ve seen it happen. They will pop up like bad guys on Smash TV with no fucking warning that their coming for your head. They’ll come at you in the ring, out of the ring, in the back, in the parking lot…all because they think they can take that 20 pound weight off your shoulder. In theory becoming World Champion should be the pinnacle of your success and the height of the respect to receive; but the truth is far different. The truth is, you become instantly the most disrespected man on the roster because everybody and their dog thinks they can beat you. Every single person right now is re-watching the end of that match on YouTube or on the IWF website and saying, “Gordon Fury? That guys nothing. I could beat Gordon Fury! I should go challenge him for the title.” And you’re never going to surpass that, no matter how many guys you beat and hold onto that title through. It’s the nature of the beast. You have the thing that everybody wants, period.

Jason Gabriel: Nothing quite prepares you for it, Gordon. You’re going to see it for the first real time this week. You’re going to see it when you tag up with the man from whom you took the title and have to rely on that man against two former World Champions. A couple of weeks ago I would say I was the guy you need to worry about the least. I have to admit I was a bit self-conscious wondering if I could actually still be people they weren’t scared or jealous of me because of the image Stygian was projecting. But after what I went out there and did at Heroes Also Die? I had the at-the-time former world champion beat in the middle of the ring. I realize I was further along in my progress, and in trying to redeem myself using my own name and none of the gimmicks, then I thought I was. I think I’m world championship caliber once again, right now! And you can bet your ass I would love to send a message at your expense, Gordon, by kicking your fucking had often pitting you in the middle of that ring. And if I can do that, and then if I can beat Griffin Hawkins in the steel cage in a few weeks, I can’t say that I won’t look at this small little run I’ve put together And Say, “That’s two World Champions I’ve defeated in under a month. Maybe it’s just time for me to start throwing my hat back into the World Champion’s ring again.

Jason shrugs, before smiling into the camera.

Jason Gabriel: Now I suppose this is the point where I get real mean, look into the camera and spare a few obligatory indignant and angry words to my tag team partner for this week, who will once again be my opponent in two weeks on pay-per-view. But the truth is? I don’t want to. I don’t need to. You see Griffin and I don’t have that kind of acrimony. We had a match, it ended controversially, we disagree on who won and who lost, so we’re going to get into a cage and eliminate the pinfall and submission element that seem to complicate things last time. No hatred. No anger. We just disagreed over one match so were going to have another. And so this isn’t going to be the usual sort of chicanery that follows these kind of uninspired matchmaking blunders of whoever’s calling the shots. Don’t get me wrong, I like Alex Dillinger and I respect him very much, but this is some of the most unimaginative matchmaking I’ve ever seen.  “Oh, these guys fought a couple weeks ago, let’s make them be tag team partners and see what happens!” Invariably what always happens is one of the tag teams doesn’t get along the partners go out it and the team that is getting along scores a cheap win from behind while the other two guys are arguing. Let’s skip the suspense: the guys were getting along? Griffin and I are the guys who are getting along! I mean if I got married he isn’t that guy I would pick to be best man in the wedding, nor am I that to him; but we are couple of guys who can play on Xbox Live together. He’s someone I can hang out with when my girlfriend isn’t in town.  He’s the only other man I know who has every Danger Danger album on CD. My point here is: we don’t hate each other. The looming confrontation in a steel cage? I wasn’t born out of acrimony and hatred. The cage is because I had him pinned, he had me in a triangle and the ref honestly couldn’t decide who lost first. It’s just a way to take the ref out of the decision making process. We’ll go out will have that match one of us will definitively win and then we’ll move on. But you two? Well Gordon took Ethan’s world title, we all know Ethan is just a little bit unstable. He stomps and cries and throws his toys out of the pram when he gets upset. I know two things, Gordon. I know when I’m in trouble and I reach out to my corner? I know Griffin’s hand is gonna be there. And I know when you get comfortable and you turn your back on your corner? Ethan’s hand is going to be there, and it’s going to have a knife in it!

Jason laughs, sliding off the trunk and to his feet in one slick motion.  He points the key fob over his shoulder and unlocks the driver’s side door.  Then he turns on his heel and ducks inside the car, starting it up as the camera fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 am

(OOC- The following is a dream sequence. All characters are part of a dream, not real.)

I was set for the main event. For the first time in my career, I was teaming with the artist formerly known as Stygian himself..Jason Gabriel. I face two familiar rivals...Ethan Cage and Gordon Fury. Both of them were opponents at Heroes Also Die..and now they are partners. Me and Jason Gabriel were also opponents in our first ever one on one encounter and it unfortunately ended in a draw..neither of us were happy with the result. And now we are going to be in the same ring, not as rivals..but Tag Partners.

This wasn't going to be easy.

The match was already about to begin. Both of our opponents were in the ring as was Gabriel. My music finally hit and I came out to a roaring response from the crowd. I saw signs such as "Griffin Hawkins - The Real Guitar Hero" and "Griffin for World Champ" as far as the eye can see. I came walking down the ramp, taking off my Leather Jacket and Aviator shades as I got into the ring, looking over my opponents. This indeed was going to be the match of the night. Jason Gabriel stepped between the ropes and stood on the ring apron and Gordon Fury did the same. The crowd was deafening as they anticipated what was going to happen next. But something was very off putting about this match. I looked towards the stands at the crowd.

...Only they were not there.

In fact, all the people that were cheering for me had vanished. It was as if they had just got up and left. I mean sure, any match with Ethan Cage is a piss break for the evening, but there were three other exciting Superstars in this match. I turn to ask Jason what the hell is going on, but he's not there. I look ahead at Ethan Cage in the ring, but he isn't there either, nor is Gordon Fury. Is this really happening? I looked around for anyone to talk to and suddenly the lights went out. I was honestly creeped out. Everyone was disappearing without explanation and now the lights were off. Finally the lights came back on and I was in a different place. I looked around me and my ring gear was replaced by a fine cut suit. The arena that I was prepared to fight in was different as well..it was a court room.

Something was definitely wrong.

I look to the side and see Jason Gabriel in a suit beside me. His hair looked neat and combed back and he had shaved, looking neat for once. He seemed to have cleaned up well. At the table to the left of us looked to be two other people, Gordon Fury and Ethan Cage. Both were dressed up to look presentable for this case. But I still don't understand why we're all here when we all should be in the ring hashing out our differences. It almost felt like all of this was happening for a reason. Just then, I see someone who looks like an officer of some type. He must have been part of the security.

Guard: The trial of Griffin Hawkins is now in session. Judge Alex Dillinger residing!

Trial?! What the hell is this shit? I don't even remember getting charged for anything to even have a trial. I haven't been arrested for any drug charges or criminal mischief..something had to be up. Jason Gabriel was at my side and patted me on the shoulder.

Jason Gabriel - Don't worry, I got this.

That should reassure me that everything is going to be alright, but I don't even know what I am being charged for. I also had no idea Dillinger was a judge. I then see Lilah come to the stand as a Bailif of some type.

Lilah - Your honor, I would like to call Griffin Hawkins to the stand.

I guess that's my cue. I feel my heart racing a mile a minute. I look to the side and see Ethan grinning smugly at me. He must have been enjoying this. I sit at the stand, looking to maintain my composure.

Lilah - Mr.Hawkins..do you have any idea why you are here today?

Griffin Hawkins - No...No I don't.

Lilah - You are here because of the perceived transgressions of the past that you committed on Both Ethan Cage and Gordon Fury. Most believe you made an enemy out of them. What is your defense Mr.Hawkins?

So that's why I'm here. It's all because of them.

Griffin Hawkins - I have made a lot of enemies in my career. Some out of jealousy..some out of some misplaced vendetta of the past. But I have always owned up to my mistakes and moved on.

Lilah - That sounds like a true athlete. But you would never lie to this court room would you?

Griffin Hawkins - No...I wouldn't.

Lilah - Good. Now, explain to the court room your nature of this rivalry with Ethan Cage. How did this start?

Griffin Hawkins - Both of us were fairly new to Insurgency. Both of us were racking up victories. He admitted that he was jealous of all the attention I was receiving. Once we faced off, I beat him, giving him his first ever loss. And he has hated me for that since.

Lilah - This rivalry has gotten personal over the last few months..Brandon Macdonald suspended you for your scathing comments towards him and IWF Management at the time. When you returned..in an uncharacteristic move on your part..you made your shocking return and assaulted him..giving him a concussion with a one man conchairto and stealing his belt. How do you justify your actions?

I take a deep breath before looking Lilah in the eye. I know this can be used against me in some way.

Griffin Hawkins - I did it to make a statement..that he wouldn't get rid of me that easily. A lot say that he got what he had coming to him. He had been running my name into the ground for months and I couldn't take it anymore. Everyone knew that he didn't deserve that title.

Lilah - I see, and were your intentions to end his career Mr.Hakwins?

Griffin Hawkins - No..it's never my place to end someone's career.

Lilah - Ah..no further questions your honor.

Alex Dillinger - You may step down Griffin.

Wow...that was...easy almost. It seemed as if this one would be in the bag. I sit back down in my chair. But soon to the stand, Gordon Fury is called up. I figured he would have some good things to say about me. I never interfered in his business and vice versa.

Lilah - Mr.Fury. You and Mr.Hawkins always seemed to get along, right?

Gordon Fury - We spoke a few times..we had a match. Other than that we have had no beef with each other.

Lilah - I see...and what about...Tiffani Michaels. You familiar with her?

Gordon Fury - Yes..

Lilah - Apparently you two had a disagreement over her. Care to elaborate?

Gordon Fury - Apparently I had tried to tell him that I can't forgive Tiffani for what she had done to him. He wouldn't really listen to me. To be honest, it felt more like she put him up to this....

I was so sick of everyone throwing what Tiffani had done to me in my face over and over. I quickly got up.

Griffin Hawkins - That's a lie! She would never do that!

Dillinger slammed down his gavel. It was like Gordon Fury was trying to get me to lose my temper.

Alex Dillinger - Order!

I sat back down, running my hands through my head. Jason put his hand on my shoulder to reassure me.

Jason Gabriel - Don't worry..it's not over.

This was going to be very hard. It felt like all the odds were stacked against me. Would I even have a chance to win this?..

-------------------------------------------------

~An Hour Later~

Ethan Cage's turn was coming up. But I noticed a smile come across his face. It was as if he had something planned. He began to rise up.

Ethan Cage - Your Honor, I would like to call a surprise witness to the stand.

Alex Dillinger - Yes you may.

Ethan Cage - I'd like to call...Parker Wayde to the stand.

Damn..that smug son of a bitch actually had the audacity to call out one of my old opponents. Me and Parker had a few encounters and I had won the both of them. But back then he wasn't as jacked as he is now. He came into the court room dressed in a nice custom made suit. He sat at the stand as Lilah came towards him.

Lilah - Mr...Parker Wayde. What are your opinions on Griffin Hawkins?

Parker Wayde - I don't think much of him to be honest. I don't know him well.

Lilah - Ah...but the first time you two clashed, Ethan Cage was also in the match. Is there anything in specific that you remember?

Parker Wayde - Well..before the match, Griffin had cut a scathing promo on me. Some say it was...racist.

Lilah - And how..was it racist Mr.Wayde?

Parker Wayde - Well, in his promo, he went to some run down old shack and claimed it was mine..and that I was dirt poor growing up. He also said that my Father ran out on me and that my Mother was a prostitute.

This really wasn't helping my case. In reality I wasn't really racist. There wasn't a prejudice bone in my body. All it was for was to rile him up...right now I regretted what I had done.

Lilah - Would you say Griffin Hawkins..was a racist?

Parker Wayde - I'm not sure..I don't know him well enough.

Lilah - Alright Mr.Wayde, that will be all.

Well..that wasn't so bad, I think. Those remarks he said didn't make me look bad..but at the same time it didn't make me look good either. Ethan Cage was the next person who was called up to the stand.

Lilah - Mr.Cage...Mr.Hawkins said what he had to say...and now it's your turn. What are your feelings on him?

Ethan Cage - Personally I think he's scum.

Lilah - And why is that?

Ethan Cage - Because he just can't stand to see someone else have the spotlight. It's as if he wants all of IWF to revolve around him. I was the holder of the World Title Briefcase and he stole it from me.

I couldn't take this anymore. I once again rose up.

Griffin Hawkins - That's bullshit! You took your ball and went home after I beat you!

It probably wasn't the best idea, but I couldn't just sit there and listen to him lie. Once again Dillinger slammed down his gavel.

Alex Dillinger - Mr.Hawkins, I will ask you to please maintain your composure. One more outburst like that and I will hold you in contempt. Proceed Mr.Cage.

Ethan Cage - Thank you. Now, in my honest opinion..Griffin Hawkins doesn't deserve everything that he's getting. It's as if he has the entire Insurgency convinced that he is some kind of saint..but in reality he's selfish. He has done nothing but politic to get where he is today and he's completely undeserving for his spot. I think IWF itself would be better off if he would just go away.

Lilah - Is that all Mr.Cage?

Ethan Cage - Yes, that is all.

He got up and smirked. I would have done anything to wipe that smug look off his face. I had casted a glare at him as he went back to his seat.

Lilah - Griffin Hawkins..will you please come to the stand?

I had a lot to answer for as I slowly got up. It feels like I had this lost already..but I didn't want to go quietly. I sat down and faced everyone who spoke.

Lilah - It seems that a lot of these people have had a lot to say about you Mr.Hawkins.

Griffin Hawkins - yes..they have.

Lilah - Do you have anything to say in your defense?

Griffin Hawkins - Yes...I say and do a lot of things. Sometimes I am right...sometimes I am wrong. But what I do is go out there and prove to everyone that I truly belong in the best wrestling company in the world. A lot have said that I would never make it this far, and I ended up proving them all wrong. I may have..wronged everyone in this room, but one thing I am not going to apologize for is my success.

Lilah - Mr.Hawkins..your Lawyer..Jason Gabriel who's representing you in this Tag Match. Many believe you are trying to use him as a stepping stone to get back into title contention...is it true?

Griffin Hawkins - No..I've never used anyone in my life. Though if I were to tell you that I don't want the title, I'd be a liar. Because I do. I just always wanted to test my skills against the man they once called The Black Dragon. I'm not sure if he trusts me, but I will have his back in the Tag Match. And at From The Ashes we will see who truly is the better man between us. And that's all I have to say.

Well, I gave it my best shot. I got up and walked back over to Jason. I couldn't even look him in the face. I just looked down at my hands as he sat next to me. He was my partner and I wasn't sure if he trusted me or not. The Jury then left for a while and soon came back with their verdict.

Alex Dillinger - Have you reached a verdict?

Lead Juror - We have your honor. We find the defendant Griffin Nicholas Hawkins...

-------------------------------------

Suddenly I wake back up, back in my hotel room. I was sweaty and out of breath as I looked around. Taylor was still asleep next to me. I looked to the alarm clock on the night stand...3 in the morning. I guess me moving around woke Taylor up as she sat up next to me.

Taylor Michaels - ..You okay?

I wanted to tell her what I was feeling..it may have been just a dream but I had a lot on my mind. I just nod yes as I put my arms around her.

Griffin Hawkins - Just a dream..lets go back to bed.

Taylor Michaels - ..Okay.

I lied back down, wrapping my arms around her before going back to sleep. My dream hadn't reached its conclusion, but I know for sure, all my sins and atrocities would be judged.

-----------------------------

They say Tag Partners make strange bedfellows. They have no idea how right they are. As the cameras catch me backstage, I am in the hallway, sitting on a cart. I'm decked in blue ripped jeans and a Black Sabbath T-Shirt. After all that I had been through in the last few weeks, it does feel good to relax a little bit. But I did have a lot to say.

"It's amazing..how things turn out. Fate is indeed a curious mistress. On any given night, your worst enemy can be your ally. On any given night, your biggest rival to date can be your best partner. On this night a lot of firsts are happening. For the first time I am teaming with Jason Gabriel...and for the first time Gordon Fury..the new Champion, is teaming with the man that he beat for that belt. Now many are wondering what is going to happen between me and Gabriel. After the war we fought in that ring..are we going to be able to co exist. Well, all that will be answered this Monday. For you see, while Gordon and Ethan are obviously going to be at eachother's throats, me and Gabriel always had a respect for one another. Out of all the old veterans of this company, he respects me and all my accomplishments and in that respect..I respect him and his accomplishments in UECW and IWF..I'll stand by him..as long as he stands by me. But at From The Ashes, there will be no friends..no partners. Just the two of us in a cold unforgiving Cage."

I really was looking forward to fighting Gabriel again. This time I am sure that I could beat him.

"What happened at Heroes Also Die...was something that proves anything can happen. We saw the ending of one reign, and the beginning of another. All it took is 3 seconds. That's how it's always worked in this sport. On any given night, anybody.. no matter how good they are..can beat anybody. Anybody can slip on a Banana peel and lose a match. But on this night Ethan Cage lost the one thing he treasures more than anything. It only took one bullet to kill Abraham Lincoln..and when the history books are written, it will say it only took one try from Gordon Fury to beat Ethan Cage. I myself..am disappointed. Because weeks ago I said that I know that I can beat Cage. I have before and I will again. I wanted to challenge the winner of his match with Brandon Macdonald after From The Ashes but as you can see..thats not the case. While Ethan will have no choice to either sit on the sidelines and watch the title match..or be on the biggest stage of all beating some mid card jabroni..we're going to see Gordon Fury against Brandon Macdonald. And I will be taking a special interest in this match. Lets talk about the current Champion shall we?"

It has been a while since I faced Gordon. I crack my knuckles, anticipating the day we finally lock up for the title.

"Gordon..I just want to say congrats. Unlike Ethan Cage...I'm not here to disrespect you. I'm not here to make excuses like Ethan likes to do whenever he loses a match. I am here to say congrats on finally winning the big one. Like you I know what it's like to want something and to be set back over and over. I've been in your shoes many times before. And I just want to say congratulations. You're the Champion. But I have a little advice for you..don't let it go to your head. That's the same mistake that your tag partner made. When he won the title he became complacent. The longer he held that title, the longer it consumed him. It got to the point where it got to him that people were laughing at him saying that he doesn't deserve that belt..and it made him that more paranoid and insecure. I predicted that Ethan would crack under the pressure of being Champion..of being the man...of being the face of the company. And at Heroes Also Die..it all came true..but I have something to ask you Gordon."

I pull a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and light one up. After a smoke I place it between my fingers.

"Are you willing to pay the price of keeping that belt? Because when you hold that title, it makes you a target. You're not going to have to just deal with me, but you're gonna have others coming for you. Jason Gabriel, Aries Armadaist, Flex Johnson, Parker Wayde, hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if your pretty little girlfriend wanted a piece of that brand new trophy that you carry around your shoulder. But I respect that you want to be a fighting Champion and not a cheap one like Ethan Cage. And when the time comes, I'll be waiting in the ring, looking to take that gold away from you. It may not be next week, or the next. But it is inevitable. For Monday, everyone will get a taste of what may happen one day when Griffin Hawkins faces Gordon Fury for the IWF World Heavyweight Title."

I think Gordon knew that I would want his title. If I challenged him, would he accept?..

"What you carry around your shoulder is the richest prize in our industry Gordon. A belt that is our salvation..a title that every man..every woman in the back would stab their own mother in the back for. And I would be a liar if I said I didn't want your gold. There are people who try and act like winning titles are meaningless...I hate those types! Because if you're not here to win the World Title, then you're in the wrong profession. This Monday may not be for the title...it won't guarantee that I'll be in the main event for the belt at From The Ashes..but one thing for sure, I'm going to get your attention. As much as I respect what you've done...I have to beat the trash out of you to make a statement. And that statement is is that there is only a matter of time until Griffin Hawkins wears the gold once again. Sure, many people on Twitter. People like Zane Orion, Brandon Macdonald, Aries Armadaist tell me that that belt is out of my reach. But you know what? I like what they are saying..it feeds me motivation. Because it's those type of people who have told me all my career that I would amount to nothing..that I would never main event an arena or sell out a Pay Per View. I made a career out of proving people wrong and making them eat their words. And Gordon..one day we will have our rematch..but there is one question..."

I take another drag of the smoke before I ponder this question. Allowing the smoke to escape me, i take a deep breath.

"Can Griffin Hawkins beat Gordon Fury? Is it possible? Yes. We have had one match..but it seems that in the past he has brought it up to anyone who'd listen..basing his entire career over one win. Many expected that one loss to sidetrack me..but it didn't. Like a man, I picked myself up and moved on. Not long after that...I won the IWF Title. Proof that one loss will not set me back. Because this is the first time that you and me met in that very ring in months. Sure it's not one on one..but a victory over you may put me back in the title picture. Maybe after Ethan Cage is disposed of..whether I knock his ass out cold..or you..just like everyone gets tired of hearing him and slaps him like a bitch and sends him to the back crying like a little school girl with a skid knee..maybe you and me...will fight once more and we'll see who is fit to wear the gold."

But there was still some unanswered questions that I wanted to know.

"There is..one thing that I am wondering about you Gordy. Why do you always find it necessary to bring it up to me every time we talk..that you beat me? Are you still clinging to that one match..that...one...single...match that happened months ago? Are you truly trying to get into my head?...Or are you worried that the next time the result will be different? I admit..you beat me in our first encounter..but that was one match. I beat Aries Armadaist when we were in UECW..do you see me running around telling anyone who'd listen that I beat him? No..because no one cares. One victory doesn't make you better than someone Gordon. It was only one encounter. Lets say for argument's sake that I get the one two three over you...will you still try and shove it in my face every time you see me? Or will you be scared that someone actually pinned you one two three..and may be in line for a future title shot? Like I said before Gordon, on any given night, no matter how good you are, you can get beat. So before you bring up for the one thousandth time that you beat me..remember this. It only takes 3 seconds to lose the match..and lose whatever momentum you have building for you. If I pin you..you'll still be the Champion...but I will have sent you the message loud and clear, I want your gold."

I flick away the cigarette, cracking my knuckles as I glare at the camera.

"Who else is next? Ah...Ethan Cage. It seems every time I think I've gotten rid of him, he comes back stronger like some sort of sexually ambiguous horror movie villain. But there is something that's different about Ethan Cage right now. He seems to be lacking the one thing that defines him, the one thing that made him believe that he was a cut above the rest. He is missing the IWF Title. As the world knows, he is no longer the Champion...he's no longer the talk of the town. He's just someone who is just there as filler. See Ethan, I told you this would happen. You'd become complacent..and you'd lose the title. While I am disappointed that it wasn't me who brought you back down to reality...I'm glad that you got your wake up call. You proved that you were an undeserving fluke Champion. Sure, you beat me...but instead of going on Battlegrounds and defending your title night after night to prove you are the rightful Champion..you didn't have the balls to show up. Why? I think I know. Because even with me out of the picture, you were afraid someone back there would have the balls to step up and challenge you for that title..and you'd have no choice but to defend it. In this locker room, there are a long line of contenders..and you're scared shitless of them all. Someone like Alexander Remington, Jason Gabriel, Brandon MacDonald would be knocking on your door...only you weren't there to answer. A true Champion..especially the World Champion actually shows up every night whether the belt is on the line or not. Champions such as me, Jason Gabriel, and including your Tag Partner Gordon Fury always showed up to defend our titles. While all you did was coast on your accomplishment and show up just to show the world how "Great" you are. When Gordon Fury came down you pretty much shit yourself because you realized that you would have to defend your Championship. And at Heroes Also Die..your reign ended just like that."

I must say..Karma's a bitch. He really did get what was coming to him.

"And now..you sit on the sidelines. The biggest show of the year is just weeks away...and you're not even going to be in the Main Event. Gordon Fury is gonna defend his new Title at From The Ashes against Brandon Macdonald. I'm gonna be facing a cornerstone of Insurgency Jason Gabriel in a Steel Cage Match. What the hell are you gonna do Ethan? Sure they'll throw you into something at the last minute for filler..or something to wet the appetite of the Insurgency crowd before two of the biggest matches so far. But we all know whats going to happen now Ethan. Just like before, you're gonna hate Gordon Fury because he kicked your ass..just like you hated me when I handed you your first blemish on your undefeated streak. But with him you got reason...because he took away everything you have ever worked for and sent you home defeated. He actually showed up last week to celebrate his victory..while you were obviously too embarrassed to show your face. After tonight...I will see to it that you go back home so nobody ever has to hear your annoying voice ever again."

I truly do think IWF would be so much better without Ethan Cage...hell, we were better off before, so why not now?

"But as far as I'm concerned Ethan...you've got nothing to prove to me. Really, you don't. But at the same time..I got nothing to prove to you. I have beaten you..bloodied you...I've destroyed your body until you just can't stand up anymore..and you've done the same to me countless times. We've spilled eachothers blood all over the goddamn world..but we still don't have much to prove to eachother. But you do. You have to prove to everybody in the arena, in that ring, and all over the world that you deserve to be Champion. That Gordon Fury beating you was nothing more than a fluke..a one time thing...an accident. That's what you're looking to prove. But that has always been your problem. Like Gabriel said..you're so busy running around trying to prove yourself..you end up defeating yourself. Is that why you pay all these celebrities like Motley Crue and Snoop Dogg..Snoop Lion..whatever his name is these days..to verbally suck your cock? Because nobody else will believe all the hype that's around you? Sad thing is Ethan..no one is talking about you anymore. You're no longer whats on everyone's mind. As From The Ashes season is upon us...you're the furthest thing from it. You've become the one thing that you've always feared you'd become Ethan..you're nothing more than an afterthought. And at Battlegrounds...your loss will be further proof of how far you've fallen."

Ethan Cage seemed to be yesterdays news, but I still wanted to get a piece of him before he probably leaves again.

"Now I know what's gonna happen now before your promo..you're gonna try and go to all these places where these people..or paid actors..whatever they are...will tell you what you want to hear so you can come back spray all this venomous bullshit thinking everyone will buy it. See why no one takes you seriously? Because it's the same old song. The same old tired act from you. It's like I'm watching a bad Full House rerun 5 times a night. People probably are clicking fast forward on your promos because it's the same damn thing! Monday..is gonna be another chapter in our rivalry when I beat you down and break you mentally..more than you are now of course."

A sick smile comes across my face. It was as if I got some sort of satisfaction in seeing Ethan Cage throw a hissy fit.

"It seems out of everyone in this match Ethan, you're the only one who doesn't belong here. You stick out like a sore thumb. Hell, if you were actually taken out of the match, we would have one hell of a Triple Threat Match for the IWF Title..which is something everybody would just love to see. You're like the bastard kid that nobody wanted in this match Ethan, know why? Because after all that time trying to prove that you're Champion for a reason..you ended up losing it the first time you came back from your little vacation. Jason Gabriel is someone who's proved himself, he's one of the biggest names in IWF. He belongs in this match. Gordon Fury is the new Champion, so he belongs in this match. My track record as World Heavyweight Champion even spans before I got to IWF..so I belong in this match. Why do you belong in this match Ethan? Both of your reigns were a joke. You had the title handed to you twice. Once by a guest referee that you had in your back pocket, and twice by an incompetent dumbass of a General Manager who thought she was doing the right thing. How are you going to win the belt next time Ethan? Is someone gonna injure Gordon and you'll try and suck up to Dillinger so he can give you the title?"

A laugh escapes my mouth. Somehow I can picture it.

"Your time is over Ethan. You got nothing now. I know you're probably gonna say..oh you don't got anything either. Well the truth is, yes I have nothing now, but I do have one of the biggest matches of my career at my first ever From The Ashes Pay Per View coming soon..and win over Jason Gabriel could further cement my status in IWF as one of the greatest of all time. Everyone in this match has something..but you. No matter what happens coming out of this match, you'll still have nothing..while the three of us Main Event the grandest stage of all, you'll be lucky to even make it on the card. This match right now..is proving time for you. Because when that bell rings, I'm gonna be all over you like a fat kid on a Cupcake. You thought that you hit rock bottom when you lost to Gordon? Trust me dude..you haven't hit rock bottom yet till after I kick your pathetic ass up and down the arena. Hell..it wouldn't surprise me if Gordon turned his back on you before the match even begins!"

While me and Jason can get along...I wasn't so sure about Ethan and Gordon.

"I will personally enjoy reaching in and ripping your heart right out of your chest Ethan...because all you have left now is nothing but your own hate. Karma's a bitch as you've found out. You've talked a lot of shit for so long..and now you're being forced to eat your words. I'm anxious to see what it is you'll try to say to save face for your humiliating loss at Heroes Also Die. But don't expect anyone to listen to you now..or after this week. Because you're going to be hit with the hard reality that it's all over for you and that you're nothing more than a footnote in IWF History."

I slowly get up. Putting on my silver aviator shades.

"In this match...four people who have never teamed up before will have no choice but get along. The question is which team will implode in this match? Can we trust eachother? When we reach for a tag...will the other accept it? Or knock their head clean off their shoulders. We are in the same boat whether we like or not. But while we all spent the last Pay Per View beating the living shit out of one another...we're all gonna do the one thing we have never done before and thats team together. But I gotta ask...can't we all just get along?"

A sly smirk comes across my face as I take my leave, giving the camera man time to turn off his camera.

Back to top Go down
Ethan Cage

Ethan Cage

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 am

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins Th?id=H.5054949953701407&pid=15

-Press Start-

The Past: Night of Heroes Also Die

The camera comes in on Ethan Cage walking from the ring, from Heroes Also Die, fresh off of losing his belt. Ethan reaches the curtain and looks back one last time at Gordon Fury celebrating his win, a disappointed look in his face but a smirk as only Ethan Cage can do, even at a time like this. Sweat and a cut lip, Ethan nods in respect then gives Gordon the finger, but Gordon is too busy celebrating to even see Ethan from where he is. Ethan reaches the back and a stunned silence amongst the staff, not knowing if Ethan is going to tear the place apart. Champagne is being wheeled towards a locker room that is presumeably Gordon Fury's. Ethan in a smooth-not-breaking-stride way grabs it out of the bucket and keeps walking.

Staff: Hey!

Bobby in a black suit and yellow tie steps in front of the staff member.

Bobby: Are you sure that's a fight you want to pick?

Staff shakes his head.

Bobby: That man just lost something very precious to him. You see, he thrives on that title, he lives by being the absolute best and right now there is another man holding his title, and you are worried about a tiny bottle of hooch. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Bobby looks him up and down and shakes his head in disgust.

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins Velvet-Sky-superman1

Bobby pushes the staff member to the ground and a delicate hand lands on Bobby's shoulder.

Rayne: Where is he?

Bobby: Down the hall with the winner's champange bottle.

Rayne smirks to herself.

Rayne: That's actually pretty funny.

Rayne looks down at the fallen staff member then back at Bobby.

Rayne: So, we done here?

Bobby looks down at the man holding his arm and wincing.

Bobby: Yeah, I think so.

Rayne begins to walk towards Ethan's last known direction. As they both are walking.

Rayne: I didn't know you had that in you.

Referring to pushing the man down.

Bobby: Me neither.

Rayne: Ever thought of going into wrestling?

Bobby: Very funny.

Rayne: How did he look?

Bobby: Actually, he didn't take it as bad as I thought he would. He was calm and collected.

Rayne: That was one hell of a match.

Bobby: The kid got lucky.

Bobby shrugs.

Rayne: Yeah, but we know how Ethan takes losses.

Bobby: Ethan's not going anywhere, I mean come on, the thought of Ethan being the first three time champion in IWF history, that's way to much of an accomplishment for him to walk away.

Rayne and Bobby reach Ethan's dressing room and he's nowhere to be found. His bag and stuff is in the room, just not him.

Rayne: I'll get him, see to it that staff puts his things in limo?

Bobby: Sure thing, think he'll want to see me as well?

Rayne: Better stay in the car, we'll be leaving soon enough.

Bobby: You got it.

Rayne: Thanks.

Bobby leaves the room. The cameraman follows Rayne to the stairs that lead to the roof. She reaches the door and opens it, as she walks through, she sees Ethan immediately, his vest hoodie over his shoulder looking down at the celebrating crowd, departing or getting their last minute merch. But most staying to see the James Shark match. Ethan's foot on the edge, he takes a big swig of the bottle.

Rayne: Easy there cowboy....you might not leave any for me.

Rayne smiles. Ethan turns to see Rayne, he smiles.

Ethan: I keep telling you....Batman kicks Superman's ass.

Rayne: Yeah but Superman has blue eyes....like you.

Ethan: Yeah, that's a valid reason.

Sarcastictally said, of course.

Rayne: You just lost your title...and here you are, smiling.

Ethan: I don't know, we put each other through so much tonight...and I didn't go out like the bitch everyone thought. That man went through the hell he needed to go through to get that belt off me. I'll be seeing him again soon.

Rayne: What about the James Shark match?

Ethan: Come on, after that huge comeback from Macdonald, you think James Shark is going to win. Shark is a dying light, and BMac is going to finish him off. I don't need to see it.

Rayne: I wouldn't be so sure, Shark can still pull out the win.

Ethan: He's just a shell of who he once was. Old Shark, two time champ Shark, that'd be a whole other story, but this "leftover, empty tank" Shark, nah, no need to see an old dog being put down.

Rayne: You're really doing okay?

Ethan: Yeah. Stings a little to not be holding my title, but not having the title gives me something to be hungry again. I think at this point, that's something I needed.

Rayne: Bobby seems to think that you'd become obsessed with becoming the first third time champion.

Ethan: Hrmm.

Rayne: Damn, I hate when he's right.

Ethan: Look at them all down there.

Rayne: Come on Ethan, you know I hate heights, Tiger.

Ethan: It's pretty much a sight to see.

Rayne: Really, what is it?

Ethan: Well, if I told you then you wouldn't have to come see it.

Rayne: You going to hold me?

Ethan: And never let you go.

Ethan looks into her eyes.

Rayne: No need to be cheesy baby....

Rayne starts to walk towards him.

Rayne: ...but with you it always works.

Ethan: We have a son to prove it.

Rayne faces Ethan to not look over the edge.

Rayne: Hi.

Ethan: Hi.

Rayne: If it heals that sting, I know it's not the same thing, but you'll always be my champion.

Ethan: No, it's not the same.

Rayne lowers her head. Ethan lifts her head.

Ethan: It's better.

Rayne looks into Ethan's eyes.

Rayne: There you are.

Ethan: Here I am.

Ethan smiles.

Rayne: I've missed you. You being a champion made you obsessed with being a champion.

Ethan: Look down there.

Rayne takes a deep breath.

Rayne: Okay.

Rayne with her eyes closed. Ethan holds her from behind, his arms wrapped around her waist.

Rayne: I don't know what it is, but it's already worth it.

Her arms overlapping his. She opens her eyes to see kids doing Ethan Cage poses.

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins 220px-A.J._Styles_pose

Parents being harrassed into buying Ethan Cage gear, several kids putting their hoodies over their eyes like Ethan does.

Ethan: I may not have a title, but apparently I have minions.

Rayne: You've been watching too much Despicable Me.

Ethan: AJ had me watch that this morning.

Rayne: It's like a curse has been lifted Ethan.

Ethan: That title is and will never be a curse.

Rayne: It's like instant change.

Ethan: No, I want to beat the living shit out of Gordon Fury, and believe me he's very beatable. But now, I have the goal of getting my title back. But for tonight, it's about you and I, and AJ spending some time together. I had Bobby tell the IWF to give me the week off, rest my bones with a few Mauy Tais, some Patron and maybe a little dancing.

Rayne: Escape the Fate will be in town soon.

Ethan: Let's get tickets.

Rayne: That Craig is hot.

Ethan: Don't make me kick his ass.

Rayne: That'd be even hotter.

Ethan holds Rayne.

Ethan: You know being the champion of this company has become what's made Ethan Cage, Ethan Cage. It's engrained in me, it's part of my very being.

Rayne: I know my love.

Ethan: Look.

Rayne sees a child trying to figure out how to do the HTL without hurting himself.

Rayne smiles.

Rayne: It's not just kids, look at those chicks...hoodrats.

Ethan sees girls wearing Ethan gear "tailored" to look "cute", also known as shreded and cut up to show more skin.

Ethan: I think they call them ringrats.

Rayne: I don't care what they call them, if you ever cheat on me, it better be with a girl way hotter than that, or I better be involved.

Ethan: No worries there babe.....you'd be involved.

Rayne playfully slaps Ethan.

Rayne: We're going to be all right baby.

Ethan: I know.

Rayne: This rest week is going to be awesome, and then you get back to work on getting that title back.

Bobby: That might be harder than we think.

Ethan: Bobby, sup?

Bobby: Gordon just challenged Brandon Macdonald with his new championship.

Ethan: Well, I guess I'll have to be the second three time champion.

Rayne laughs.

Rayne: Little faith.

Ethan: It's fine, I'll just take the title away from Brandon instead. I got the week off?

Bobby: Yeah.

Ethan: Sweet.

Bobby: Uh...yeah.

Rayne: What is it?

Bobby: There's something else.

Ethan: Yeah, we got that much from you stalling.

Bobby: I just spoke with management.

Ethan: Uh huh.

Bobby: Ethan, you have a tag match in two weeks.

Ethan: Okay, whoever is my tag team partner taking on Gordon and whatever asshole they give him.

Bobby: You're the asshole.

Ethan: What's that?

Bobby clears his throat before continuing.

Bobby: You and Gordon are going to be taking on Jason Gabriel and Griffin Hawkins.

Ethan takes another drink out of his bottle.

Ethan: I have to face my rival with the man that's holding my title.

Rayne: But that's in two weeks, not now.

Ethan: True. If I win that match, it only serves to help Gordon.

Bobby: But if you walk away, it hurts your chances of getting back in the title picture.

Ethan: Doesn't really matter, I have my rematch clause.

Bobby: That you do, problem is, it just doesn't say when that rematch is.

Ethan: Doesn't really matter, there are a lot of bitches on this roster that I need to take on anyway. Everyone was so called waiting for Gordon Fury to get to my level, he will NEVER be on my level. I am the best in this company, and if I have to take on peons and wanna bes to prove that, I'll do it.

Bobby: Understood. The cars ready.

Ethan: Nice. Let's get out of here.

Bobby: Hey, James Shark lost his match.

Ethan looks at Rayne.

Rayne: Not one word.

They take a few steps back to the stair case.

Ethan: But I was right huh?

Rayne: Those are words Ethan.

Ethan laughs....but then stops.

Ethan: Bobby wait.

Bobby: What's up Champ?

Ethan raises a brow.

Bobby: My bad, habit.

Ethan: No worries, you'll be saying it again. So if James Shark didn't win, and Gordon is busy with Brandon, I suppose that makes James Shark ...available, doesn't it?

Bobby: Yeah, I guess so. What are you thinkin'?

Ethan: Light bulb.

Rayne: Seriously....stop watching Despicable Me.

Rayne rolls her eyes playfully and they all leave through the door leaving the cameraman atop the roof, it goes back to see the vendor scrounging to find more Ethan Cage merchandise. And the camera fades to.

To IWF

On Vacation bitches, drinking and partying, will be back soon....BECAUSE I'M THE FUCKIN' Champ.....don't get too used to your fuckin' Poster Boy...excuse me..I mean POSER boy.

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins 0

-Love always....because you can do nothing but love me...
Ethan Motherfuckin' Cage.....why motherfuckin'?....ask your mom.

Part Two: Today

Ethan Cage comes in through the sliding doors of an airport with his girl Rayne. Ethan is in a white vneck shirt and jeans with a pair of beige boots. Rayne is wearing a baby tee shirt of Heroes Also Die and on it, tailored for her, it says "But Ethan Cage Doesn't", and a pair of black tight shorts and pink low top converse.

Rayne: Okay baby, I'm going to look into where we are staying.

Ethan: I'll be at the bar.

Rayne: Of course.

Ethan kisses Rayne's cheek.

Ethan: Just a shot, before we get into traffic.

Rayne: Right.

Ethan goes to the bar as Rayne is getting information. The camera follows Ethan Cage, as he takes a seat at the bar. The bartender walks to Ethan.

Bartender: What can I get 'cha?

Ethan: Shot of Patron and a Jack n' Coke...and a Hello Kitty.

The bartender looks at Ethan.

Ethan: Not for me dude.

Bartender: Uh huh.

The bartender walks away.

Ethan: Smart ass.

Rayne: We are at the *bleep* for a night and then we go back on the road.

Ethan: Cool.

Rayne: What did you get me?

Ethan: Don't ask.

Rayne: The bartender give you a weird look again?

Ethan: You should probably change your drink.

Rayne: Hello Kittys are yummy.

The bartender returns with the drinks, Ethan instantly takes the shot while Rayne sips.

Ethan: What time do we have the gym?

Rayne: Staff said whenever, just call first so that there's someone to let us in.

Ethan: Perfect.

Ethan Cage is bumped.

Rayne: Shit.

The man turns to see Ethan.

Man: Oh, excuse me former Champ.

Ethan: No, no...excuse me...formerly conscious.

Man: What?

Ethan grabs the guy by the collar and slams his head into the bar and the man falls. The bartender looks in the direction of the loud noise but Ethan takes a drink of his Jack and coke and slams his hand on the bar.

Ethan: Damn, you made this strong.

The bartender shakes his head at the weird patron.

Rayne: Nice cover.

Ethan: He at least breathing?

Ethan kicks the man and hears snoring.

Ethan: Yup.

Rayne: We better go.

Ethan: K.

Ethan downs the rest of the drink and leaves a 100$ bill on the bar.

Rayne: The videos of Jason Gabriel are at the hotel and well, you already know Griffin Hawkins.

Ethan: Right.

Bobby walks in.

Bobby: Hey guys, ready?

Ethan: Yup.

Bobby looks down at the unconscious man on the ground.

Bobby: Jesus, what happened to that guy?

Ethan: Had a little too much to drink, decided to sleep it off I guess.

Bobby: Okay, let's get out of here before we get robbed, huh, have sleeping drunks in an airport, who knows what we'll be dealing with on the street.

They all leave.

Back At the Hotel

Ethan is watching Jason.

Ethan: Damn this guy sucks.

Rayne: It's Stygian.

Ethan lowers his head.

Ethan: No....it's not.

Rayne: Yeah but he's 7' and that's something you're not used to.

Ethan: Harder they fall, Rayne.

Rayne: Ethan...it's Stygian, and you remember how dominant Griffin and he were together when they were taking on the Empire.

Ethan: Yeah, but just like Shark is done, so is Jason Gabriel. No wonder he chose Stygian, the motherfucker has two first names.

Rayne: You always wanted to go against Stygian.

Ethan: Yeah, I did. This match is going to be better than I let on. But Jason has no idea what he's in for, because Ethan Cage is here and ready to get his title back.

Rayne: Well, don't tell me...you have a camera baby...use it.

Ethan smirks.

Ethan: Jason Gabriel, you say that you've tamed your demons....the party has stopped,..is that right? And it's all because of Death Angel and his well...him being Death Angel pretty much explains his attack on your girls. Have you really tamed these demons, I mean come on, all you've ever cared about is yourself. And really, it's no shock that you've let go of your women. I mean referring to your lovers as your past, that's pretty shallow, even for you. But I know why you're truly letting it go, it's because it reminds you how completely helpless you were to protect the two women that ever gave a shit about you. The two women that ever looked passed your narcissm, your ego and the fact that you couldn't get it up that much towards the end. Oh yeah, how do I know, a little thing called TMZ.com, made head lines...no pun intended.

Ethan: You are a worthless piece of shit, and I say that whole heartedly. Remember when just the name Stygian used to put goosebumps on my arms, the fact that I'd get to face the great Stygian. What happened, the partying became too much and you what, became born again and now you're better than us. It took rehab and some odd fight club for you to, "come to your senses", not too mention the reality of your inepititude, because you couldn't protect what was yours, against a man so evil, he makes the devil himself blush. You were supposed to be great, and in the end, he humbled you into this shell of what you used to be. How great that I get to face you while you're down and out.

Ethan: And then, you want to brandish a gun like it's going to intimidate me? ....Fuck you. Shove that gun up your ass, maybe you should've used that against Death Angel so Lilah and Lillith don't have to look at the man that put them in all that pain. I mean they have to look at you and KNOW that they are in constant danger, that you can do nothing but run away to rehab or whatever therapy you are using to be convinced that you somewhat resemble a man to yourself. You don't scare me Jason, you don't even make me flinch, the days of the goosebumps are so long gone. I just feel sorry for you now, watching you go from months ago, begging Griffin Hawkins to help you beat down the Empire to watching you two bitches fight over who is the prettiest prom queen.

Ethan: When I first came into this company Stygian, I remember like it was yesterday. I was winning every week, I got the briefcase in the tournament and still, I got no acknowledgement from you. Not a hey bro, good match, or good job, nothing. I looked up to you and then one day, I had so many accomplishments that I was like Fuck that guy, I'll make it without his so called approval, and I did Jason. I made it to the very top of this business and I made the top my fuckin' home, where you used to be. I have purpose, I always had, while climbing the ranks of this company, I was always coming for you, for this, for this moment to be able to beat you. I want that moment in the sun Stygian, I've made my bones through almost everyone and now is your turn, granted it's in a tag match but you and I will be in that ring and I'm going to rip your fuckin' head off. I'm the guy you ignored, I'm the one you thought you were too big to even look at. I'm a grown man, but there is something called respect and then I see you pat Griffin Hawkins on the back AFTER you fuckin' tap out to him. Are you fuckin' kidding me, you went from predator to a victim. And you thanked him for it,  you are pathetic.

Ethan: A draw....at a pay per view, a match between former World Champions, ...a draw. Me, I had beaten Griffin Hawkins and Jessica restarted my match and it cost me my title, but you two get to have a draw. You two have become this shallow, meaningless nothing. And everyone you two used to mean anything to, are long gone, no one sees you two the way you once were, the titans you both were. Griffin used to hold his wins over me like a fuckin' trophy, until I beat him more times than he beat me, and all of the sudden, wouldn't you know it, he's stopped counting since then. What a shock. I'm Ethan Cage and I do damage, I won't stop because I no longer hold a title, I will not become like you both, I'm the what's IN as far as the IWF and I'm damn sure it's future.

Ethan: And then, earlier today, your promo comes out and we get some weep story, we get some promo that resembles an internet dating interview. You talk about you being in the air force, where you're from and what you like doing. It was more boring then watching an old lady knit a Christmas sweater. And then, with the false bravado you put forth, you talk about how you USED to be a man, how you would've "destroyed" Gordon Fury and I, completely dismissing us, which I took offense to. I don't really care what you say about Gordon Fury, but don't lump my name with someone else, Jason, because I will end you faster than that gun to your own head. You talk about how humble you are now, no, you're still the piece of shit, only now, you're a far less talented piece of shit. Planning out how you would've won, you're a brave shit, because how would you have pinned Gordon when I would've broken your fuckin' back. How you would've gotten in line for my title, yes, MY title that Gordon Fury is only holding. You can look passed me all you want, but you tapped out to Griffin Hawkins, and I've beaten him senseless, and I woke him up. Jason Gabriel, I'm going to wake you up, I'm going to make you realize that Death Angel wasn't the worst thing that could ever happened to you, because there is something far worse than an over rated gimmick, there's the real thing, there's me. There's a legend in the making, there's a man that will never lie down and take it, there is a man that has a fight that will never quit, will never become some watered down has been, there's Ethan Cage.

Ethan: You see, you said you were trying to live up to Stygian,...yourself, you talk about Stygian like he was a whole other person. And it makes sense, it's the Fight Club syndrome, Stygian was your Tyler Durden and you're just the loser that got picked on in school, the nobody. You say you were burdened by being something you're not, and lets face it, you were burdened with being a winner, something Jason Gabriel in life, is not known for being. You may not be using the name, but Stygian is referenced enough, and you certainly living off of who you once were. Even if you admit that you couldn't beat me under the guise of Stygian, blaming your drinking, and now as Jason Gabriel, you, talking down to me and trying to be my teacher. You know who did that once, Porter Macleod and he paid for it, my first match in. Now he was only a legend in his own mind, but he made the same mistake you are making today, and that's disrespecting me. You think you would've taken the title away from me, but I would've done anything to have kept my title. Yeah, you can bring up that Gordon beat me, I've been beaten before, and no doubt I'll probably lose sometimes in the future, you snarky shit but I am a winner, I'm the winner that you are now shying away from. Because you're no longer willing to do what is necessary to win. You think you've become a better person, that you've grown but all you've done by becoming this boy scout, is give yourself limitations, you've given yourself a conscience and now you feel guilt. And now I'm going to prey on you you weakling.

Ethan: And you go on to act like you're above the person you were. I was never jealous of you, nor was I scared of you, and no, that's not because I'm disagreeing with you, I just wanted to fight you. That's all this has ever been about Jason, just wanting to fight you and make my name, but like I said, I went around you. You try to give me a history lesson on who I am, and say I'm not smart, because I got actors to have wit. Interestingly enough, my intelligence must be in that ring then, because I win matches and I beat down motherfuckers. You can quote sonnets, or the latest Harry Potter book, but I grew up fighting, I grew up fighting for my lunch, for my bike, I fought to not get picked on and I fought for what was mine, and that's respect and here I am, a grown up, once again fighting for respect, against a man that was put into so much pain, he tapped out. Jason Gabriel is Stygian, if even his own mind, and Stygian submitted to another man, you drew and you have become this middle of the road nothing, hum drum, no longer special. And you're happy with that, I can't, because I have too much respect for myself. You talk about the locker room being smart, kissing their asses like it'll help you in some way. I'm not worried about their intelligence, I'm far more concerned with their wrestling abilities. You see, there's a man that's pain staking, a man that over thinks, plans out everything and things become OCD and they have to work a certain way, and then there's me, a man of instinct, a man that has made it to the top, having the same amount of title reigns as you and more recent than you as well.

Ethan: Winning is never enough, I'm in this company to be dominant, I'm here to be the best, better than Jason Gabriel, better than Stygian or anyone else that ever walked through those doors. I don't care what you say about my "skits" or how you harbor on what you used to do, that's like you in life, you were this big party animal and now you are preaching because you have found the way, you are passing judgement on someone that you used to be. You are a hypocrite, and you are covering yourself up in some blanket of forgiveness to yourself. And this blanket is acting like some Superman cape and you think you're indestructable. You may have shinned up your horse shit, but there's one thing you'll never get rid of, and that's the smell.

Ethan: Because as much as you tried to belittle me, you concentrated most of your promo on me, well when it wasn't talking about your astrology sign and favorite foods. I know who I am, and I know I'm still the threat that I always was in this company, that I'm still the champion in my heart and soul and that I'll retrieve that championship. You may not have found my skits to be funny, but here's what is, Brandon Macdonald returns and makes a bitch out of a legend and is in line for the World title, and then, you return and what are you doing....having slap fights with Griffin Hawkins with no winner.  Now who's the real legend, I mean Hall of Fame comes back and makes waves, you come back and not even a ripple, just some fluff. The skits were entertaining, and a guilty pleasure, sure, you and Griffin hate on them and he'll harp on them too, but not a fuck is given. Because you believe yourself to be enlightened because you bought yourself a thesaurus and look up a few words and your tone has everyone believing these are the words you use. But you believe in imagery, just as I do, you know that to be at the top of this business, you need to not only know your shit, you need to make it shiney to keep everyone's interest. Isn't that the reason for the gun, isn't that the tool you reach for, well, just because you changed your name, your promos are still the same, just less tit. Your tool is the very same, just a different wrapping, and a less interesting one at that. You're all power and I get that, I'm not, I'm a man of many talents, I know your game and it's pure beat down, well, I don't play like that, I'm more...festiv, I'm a man that will hit you from any angle, and I'll make your head spin. How are you going to hit me....when you can't even catch me?

Ethan: Oh, you question me hitting a little boy in the face with a chair...why would you care, you followed this place on your DVR...this place used to bow down to you, used to do anything it could to make you happy and you go elsewhere and desert those who respected you. And now you show up and have problems with what I did, where were you to stop it Superhero, come on boy scout, where were you. I am the necessary evil that needs to be in the world, that boy may have gotten hit in the face with a chair while I made his father watch, but he'll never have an unkind word to say about me ever again, well without looking over his shoulder to see if I don't hit him again. It's just more judgement from a former sinner, and it's bouncing off my back like nothing. You keep telling me that you understand me, that you would've done the same thing, fuck you, no you wouldn't, you wearing a jersey in a rival city is stupid, it's thoughtless and that's what you've become....useless.

Ethan: I had and still have much of the world hating me and just like that, I can have them loving me, admit it, even on your DVR, you hear cheers through all the bullshit. As much as you say these people are smart, you are the one trying to stick up for them like they don't know any better, much like you're doing to me. You're trying to pat me on the head like some dog, and I'm only going to bite that hand off and shove it up your ass. I will beat you Jason and I will have no qualms with what I have to do, to beat you. I mean look at this now, you and I are stealing this match, you and I are the ones putting forth the effort that we both know Gordon and Griffin will not. You see to them, this is just another week, just another match to get them to the next, but to you and I, we have egos, whatever name you are using, you can't change your stripes, no matter how much scripture you're memorizing. I know Stygian is in there, I know his ego is alive and well, and I'm just the catolyst to bring that side of you out. All you're doing is trying to stay fresh, because you ran out of ideas in trying to be the asshole you were, and I will apologize for nothing, even if these people love me tomorrow, I won't apologize for doing something I did. I did it, and hey, I'll do it again, because I don't care, because all these words, all this back and forth, all it is to me, is to get you in that ring and fight, and I'm going to fight you Jason and believe me I will see Stygian surface, because this chess game, Jason Gabriel has no chance, you'll need Stygian, just to be able to crawl out of that ring. Because that'll be all the pride you will have left.

Ethan: I get why they called you the Black Dragon....but they pronounced it wrong....it should've been the Black Drag On....because that's all you did. Drag on and on.

Ethan: On to the fun one, Griffin Hawkins, hey bud, here we are again huh. It's not a shock that you two had a draw is it, I mean you two have been on each other's nuts since you came into this company. You went from his coat tails 'til he left and he left you with whatever was left over of his name. Not a bad way to make a name for yourself eh? Living off what someone else did. You know you heard Gabriel talk about how everyone was jealous of him, how people wanted to be him, that people wanted the rub, well you did and got it, and now you both are fighting each other and what was once a match to end all matches was made into just another match on the card. Now more noteably, I know you're going to bring up my recent loss and you should, you should try to make me look bad because the little reminder of how many times I've beaten you should settle right in with the fans, and then those words will fall on deaf ears.

Ethan: In this match, I'm the only asshole, I'm the only jerk, all three of you pander to the crowd and I'm stuck being the only one that's going to get his hands dirty. That's why I can never go to the light, I can never not be me, I won't just go um, don't do that, because I'm a "good guy". Because right now, Gordon has the advantage because he's on a team with a man that's going to be so awesome, a man that will do what you won't. As Jason pointed out, if I'll hit a child in the face with a chair for fun, imagine what I will do for a win over you two. I am a violent delight, and I will make sure I walk out with my arm raised.

Ethan: You once admitted that I very well may be your greatest rival, and how appropriate that once again I come into the picture, while you're dealing with your idol. I mean as far as the past, while he had the belt and you wanted my briefcase, I was on the outside looking in, wasn't I. I was even offered to be in the Empire, but I'm not one for numbers myself, I have too much shine to try and blend in with the many. But you walked into the main event because you held on to Stygian's hand and pretended to be just be doing your job. No one took an interest in your match because there is nothing for either of you to gain, no one believes your little rivalry. They believe ours though, don't they, because they know we hate each other with every fiber of our being. That we both wouldn't hesitate to kill each other just to be done with each other once and for all. The outcome of our matches is interesting because there will always be a winner. There will always be the hate between us, and I don't think that'll ever go away.

Ethan: Griffin, it's time that my past gets it's revenge, you stepped on my career when you walked into this company, and Stygian did everything he could to help that along. And now I have both of you in one ring and now it's time to make sure both of you pay for ever stopping the shine. I am what the IWF needs, and I am the new main event of this company and I'll break both of you to prove it. You are it's past and I'm going to make sure you both stay there. Griffin, more and more each week, your loyalties to this company are getting thinner and thinner and it's becoming painfully obvious in your promos and in your matches. And against me, that's just something that's going to come back and bite you in the ass because you know me well, if you're not ready to go against me, then you're going to suffer. And you know all about the pain I put you through in that ring, don't you. Well, at this point in your career, you better becareful, you may not get back up this time.

Ethan: Griffin, we both know you're going to depend on Jason Gabriel to get you over, and in the match you're going to let Jason do all the work and you'll do a few things to show that you're in the match too, but the point is, I'm taking you both down. There is nowhere you will go where I will not get to you, after I smash Jason's face into the mat, I will be coming for you. It's just what we do, we hate each other and we will fight each other any chance we have the chance and this is our chance to fight yet again. Much like Lilah and Lillith, he won't be able to protect you either. Stygian's aura of greatness has shattered like a sheet of glass, and Jason's there picking up the pieces, and all that will be left...is two victims.

Ethan: Things will never be settled until one of us is gone. You once called the IWF Championship a piece of tin. That should tell you what you think of championships, of greatness, that's why your promos as of late are suffering. You just don't have it in you anymore. Come on, your heart wasn't in Heroes Also Die, you put up fluff, just to put something up and the match was just you both going through the motions. People paid hard earned money to see a "Tyrant" lose his title, and the good guy win, they paid to see what should've been a match to go down in history and much like your recent history, you two just don't care anymore. You get the camera, say some one liners, and say hey, I'm still cool and turn the camera off. What happened to Griffin when he had a pair, what happened to Stygian that he has to apologize to everyone for being himself. This isn't "Wrestling4Christ", this is reality, this is where we go into that ring and try to hurt each other so bad that we never have to wrestle each other again.

Ethan: Gordon, you can rest your head easy, because Jason Gabriel just saved you. He said that if I were him, I should wait 'til your back is turned and stab you in the back....well you've been in the ring with me, and you know, I'll be the one that stabs you in the chest....because I want you to know...it was me.

Ethan: Jason Gabriel, Griffin Hawkins, I will be seeing you very soon and you'll have to be looking up from where you're at though, because I'll be the one standing up on his own feet.

Ethan gives one last look at the Jason Gabriel and Griffin Hawkins match and then looks at the camera and shakes his head before the camera fades to-

-Black-
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:59 am

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins FuryCD

“The Intervention Part 1”

The scene opens up in... holy shit Gordo! A shitty motel! No fucking way!  Its not like there are set here every single fucking week ever!

Eat a dick.

Can’t, because I have no mouth.

Find a way. I am way too drunk to put up with your shit right now.

Anyway, the scene opens up in said shitty motel, and Gordon is lying on the bed, in his shirt and jeans from the night before, looking hazy eyed at the television, a bottle of alcohol in his hand.  Gordo I think you should lay off the alcohol.

Why do you say that?

The TV isn’t turned on.

...Oh.  I suppose it isn’t.  I hear a knock at the door and immediately let out a groan. A knock on the door means people, and they probably want to interact with me. I aint got time for that shit.

Yeh, cause you are SO busy now.

Shut up.

Gordon Fury: Go away, I’m asleep.

Chris Cryptic: Of course you are.

Its Chris. Woo-fucking-hoo.

Gordon Fury: Go away Chris, you have interrupted me from my busy schedule enough over the past month.

Chris Cryptic: Stop being a cock bag Gordo, let us in.

I curiously raise my eyebrow.

Gordon Fury: Us?

Chris Cryptic: Yeh, Lea’s here too.

Lea Idas: Who the fuck did you think was with him? The Lolipop Guild? , I swear to God Gordon, if you don’t open this door, I’m coming in through the window. There are HOBOS out here! And they look hungry.

Oh great, its Lea. Super woo-fucking-hoo.

Gordon Fury: Feed the hobos your clothes, then you can feel free to crawl in the window.

Chris Cryptic: I am going to murder you so hard your children will want to kill themselves. Don’t make me break down your door.  Again.

Gordon Fury: Can Lea PLEASE be naked?

Chris Cryptic: Just open the fucking door.

Gordon makes it look like he is climbing Mount Everest as he struggles to climb his seedy drunken arse out of bed, as he stumbles like a zombie towards the door, unlocking it, before taking two steps towards the bed and flopping face first onto it.  Chris opens the door and stands aside, motioning to Lea.

Chris Cryptic: After you.

Lea Idas: Do I get to smother him now or later?

Gordon Fury: As long as its with your tits, I don’t care.

She’s joking...mostly. But Gordon’s comment draws a murderous glare because, fuck he hasn’t managed to get much more than a line out without commenting about her tits.

Lea Idas: Keep it up, and the only way you’re seeing my tits is when I’m smashing your face with my head...that makes no sense. Nevermind. Shut up. Are you done wallowing in self pity? Because you’re cutting into my personal time here, and I’m shit with this whole friendly intervention thing. You’re drunk. You should be less drunk. And your options are be less drunk on your own with the caring support of your friends, or get knocked about the head a few times until you learn your lesson and THEN be less drunk.

Gordon mutters into the bed.

Gordon Fury: I’m not even drunk.

Chris Cryptic: You are holding a bottle of alcohol, empty, in your right hand.

Gordon Fury: Details.  Wait, intervention?

Gordon turns over and sits up on the bed.

Gordon Fury: The fuck are you talking about?

Lea looks at Chris but he shakes his head.

Chris Cryptic: You are on a roll, go for it.

Lea Idas: Oh...you owe me SO much for this. SO much. This might even be “pants” wearing favors here Chrissy.

Oh yeah, she went there.

Lea Idas: Look, Gordy. I love you like the obnoxious, loud mouthed little brother I never had, but you’ve got a serious problem sweetheart. And I know. God knows I watched Sib look for the answers to her problems at the bottom of enough bottles to recognize the symptoms. I don’t want to see you snap off like she did, and neither does Chris. You gotta find a healthier way to deal than drinking yourself absolutely shitfaced, all the time.

Gordon Fury: Look, I’m sorry for you two to have come here, but you have wasted your time. I’m fine. I’ll get out at around 6pm, go train at a gym for like, 6 hours, then come back to bed. MAYBE eat some KFC if I don’t feel like im gonna vomit.  Legit I have this sorted. I was doing this when I won the world title, so doing it now is no different.

Chris takes a step towards him.

Chris Cryptic: Dude you don’t fucking get it! It is obvious you are still hurting over the whole Blyss situation, and with all of this pressure you are drinking yourself into an early fucking grave! I’m not gonna stand by and let you do this to yourself!

Gordon stands up to face him.

Gordon Fury: Oh is that so? And it has NOTHING to do with the enormous amount of guilt you feel about what you did to Viv?

Chris is seething by this point.

Chris Cryptic: I am warning you...

Forget warning. See, this is the problem, you get a couple of dicks arguing in the same room and they forget all about the ticking time bomb off to the side just waiting for an excuse to go off. An excuse Gordon gives her when he brings up THAT situation. And hey? All those hours spent with her best friend the boxer? Probably work to her favor when she throws the right cross at Gordon’s face.

Lea Idas: I’m only going to say this once. So you listen God damned fucking close to the words coming out of my mouth Gordon. YOU have some issues, you can’t sit there and say that you don’t. You can’t say that you aren’t torn up over how things went down with Blyss because I KNOW better. But I swear to every God that is, was, and ever will be, if you try to turn this around on Chris I will beat the ever loving fuck out of you until you’re choking on your own teeth.  Chris is here because he cares about you, you stubborn asshole, so don’t you DARE fucking try to turn this on him. Just because you’re hurting, doesn’t mean you’ve got the right to try to drag everyone down with you. Christ, right now, you should be trying to step your game up, not being a complacent, mopey little dick.

And of course, as you do when you get verbally blasted by someone, Gordon proceeds to piss himself laughing.  What the fuck.

Gordon Fury: Shit Chris! She is a firey one. I AM the mother fucking ultimate wingman! I found someone as angry as you!  Thats AWESOME!

Chris and Lea both close their hands into fists as Gordon proceeds to laugh in their faces.  He sits back down on the bed as he finishes laughing.

Gordon Fury: Look, I’m sorry for bringing up Vivianna Amato, red hair, gorgeous bod, fucked Chris a couple of times, was apparently amazing.  I won’t mention her again.  Seriously but, people do lots of shit with their down time when they aren’t training.  Some people act all lovey dovey and fuck each other.  Exhibit A.

I motion to the “lovey dovey” couple.

That look like they are about to murder you.

Yup, that one.

Gordon Fury: And some people like to drink their weight in alcohol, in a divey, shitty motel room. Exhibit B.

Motions to himself.

Gordon Fury: For real though, I haven’t felt this good in weeks, I’m on top of the world, so you 2 have nothing to worry about. You can leave WHENEVER you want to, like now for example.

The intentional digs? Yeah, they aren’t taken well. Because as Gordon continues to rattle off facts about the ‘redhead’ Lea looks more and more like she wants to rip his throat out with her bare hands. She actually starts to lunge for him, though he’s saved, kind of, by Chris heaving her up off the floor. Because there’s no point in trying to save someone from himself if you’re just going to murder him. Instead, she settles for snatching up the nearest available object and lobing it at Gordon’s head as hard as she can.

Lea Idas: You’re an idiot. A complete. And total. Raging fucking moron. And I swear, I’m going to beat you to death. That’s exactly what I’m going to do. And I won’t even be sad about it right now, because you’re being a complete dick. Massive, giant, douchebag prick. I TOLD you this was a waste of time Chris. He doesn’t want help, and he clearly doesn’t care.

Gordon puts his hands up to block the object, and manages to catch it before it hits him in the face. Oh for fucks... its another bottle of alcohol.

Gordon Fury: Sweeeet. Thanks Pinky. And for the record, massive and giant does indeed describe my dick.

Chris struggles to hold Lea as she tries to disembowel Gordon with her bare hands, and Gordon does not seems phased at all.

Chris Cryptic: Lea, easy!  Calm down!  Babe calm down!

Lea Idas: Lemme go! Think of it this way Chris, you don’t have to convince him to go to AA if he’s fucking DEAD!

Pissed? Well, maybe just a wee bit.

Lea Idas: And YOU. You drunken son of a one legged, two bit whore, don’t you EVER call me Pinky again. Ever. Because the next time you do it, I’m ripping your tongue out. And then you can be a mute like Specter.

Chris Cryptic: and Gordon Fury: Like who?

They both look at each other with the “I have no fucking clue who that is” look on their faces.  Gordon then realises he should probably register the other things Lea said.

Gordon Fury: Wait, AA? As is The Fun Police AA? As in the dick holes I ALWAYS make fun off when I walk past them, because they chose to not be fun? That kind of AA?

Chris turns around and places Lea towards the door, standing between Lea and Gordon.  Chris turns back towards Gordon, while still keeping half an eye on Lea.

Chris Cryptic: Yes, that one. And we are going to it. Right now.

Gordon Fury:Oh cool, good for you. Have fun with that.

Gordon pops open the bottle Lea “gave” him, and takes a swig from it.

Gordon Fury: Oh god that tastes like wrinkley old cock!

...How do you know what wrinkley old cock tastes like.

Just shutup and go with it.

Chris Cryptic:...No dick head, I mean WE are taking YOU to AA.

Gordon puts the bottle down as he stands up to face him.

Gordon Fury: Ummm, no, no you fucking aren’t.

Chris Cryptic: Are you gonna make me do this?

Gordon Fury: I ain’t going with you, so I suppose I am.

Without another word, Chris takes a step to the side, and Lea’s eyes lock with Gordon’s.

Gordon Fury: ...Oh fuck.

Oh fuck indeed. It’s like Chrismas, Easter, Halloween and every other awesome candy filled holiday rolled into one. Green light and all engines go. The smile that creeps across Lea’s face is almost predatory, almost, but only there for a split second before she lunges for Gordon, hitting him with what’s probably the sloppiest spear...well no, because let’s face it, it’s NOT that hard to spear someone, it’s kind of just a midbody shoulder tackle. But that’s exactly what she does, driving, or at least attempting to drive him back towards the bed. Because he is kinda bigger than she is, but he’s also drunk so that might work in her favor.  She drives him onto the bed, and looks down at him for a split second, as sees a stupid fucking grin on Gordon’s face, which makes her let out a scream, before wailing on Gordon’s face, the sound of the impacts almost drowning out Gordon.

Gordon Fury: Totally... Worth... it...

This of course does not exactly help Lea’s temper, but as she raises her body to continue punching him, Gordon bucks his hips and flips her off of him, before standing up and backing towards the door.  Before he even realises what is happening, Chris gets behind him, and lock him in a...

Chris Cryptic: FULL NELSON!

Gordon Fury: Son of a bitch!

Lea Idas:: You are so lucky right now. You don’t even know.

Chris Cryptic: Now off we go to the AA meeting.

Gordon Fury: NO! NO! I FUCKING HATE YOU! LET ME GO YOU PIECE OF SHIT BALD MOTHER FUCKER!

Chris drags him somewhat against his will towards the door, but as he tries to pull him through it, Gordon wedges his feet in the door frame.

Gordon Fury: THIS IS KIDNAPING! I’LL CALL THE FUCKING COPS ON YOU!

Chris Cryptic: Lea... babe... be a dear and dislodge Gordo from the doorway please?

Lea Idas: Oh of course Chrissy. Happy to.

And she is. It’s kind of hard to keep your feet wedged when someone’s stomping down on them. Hard. With heels.

Lea Idas: Stop being such a bitch Gordy.

Gordon’s feet finally give way, and they get him outside to Chris’s car.  Gordon is desperate, he is out of options.

Gordon Fury: RAPE!  RAPE! I’M BEING RAPED! THIS BALD MOTHERFUCKER AND HIS PINK HAIRED DEVIL WOMAN ACCOMPLICE!

An old asian man from next door peers curiously outside his doorway, at the bald man with a seedy man locked in a full nelson. with a pink haired woman holding the seedy man’s legs.  The old asian man just shakes his head before going inside.

Old Asian Man: Fucking white people.

Chris Cryptic: Babe, care to grab the keys out of my front pocket and unlock the boot for me?

Gordon Fury: The boot? THIS IS A FUCKING KIDNAPPING!

Chris Cryptic: I am not putting it past you to dive out of a moving car to avoid this.

Lea Idas: If he doesn’t stop screaming, I’m stuffing your gym socks in his mouth...the dirty ones.

She means it too. She’ll really do it. But she lets go of Gordon’s legs in order to retrieve the keys, which of course would have to be in the front pocket. Of course. No no, focus on the business at hand, keys retrieved, she moves to unlock and open the trunk.  Chris heaves Gordon into the boot and slams it shut, before taking a breather.  Gordon of course takes defeat with the upmost of maturity.

Gordon Fury: I FUCKING HATE YOU! I HATE YOU BOTH! I HOPE YOU BOTH DIE IN A FIRE! THE SAME FIRE, BECAUSE YOU DON’T DESERVE ONE EACH!

Chris shoots a smile at Lea.

Chris Cryptic: Well, he seems to be taking it well.

Lea Idas: Oh yeah. He’s taking it with such grace...I think I cut my hand on his teeth.

Gordon Fury: SUCK IT BITCH! YOU ONLY KNOCKED OUT, LIKE 4 TEETH!

Chris takes a look at her hand, before kissing it where the cut is.

Chris Cryptic: There, I kissed it better,

Gordon Fury: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Chris Cryptic: You know what I think I need Lea?

She looks at him with a curious look.

Chris Cryptic: I think I need a drink.

Gordon Fury: I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Lea Idas: You know, I was just thinking the same thing. We do still have like, an hour before the meeting, plus the room’s on the way there...

Is she alluding to what it seems like she’s alluding to?  

She’s gonna fuck him.

Oh ok, just checking

Chris Cryptic: Why yes, yes it is.

Gordon Fury: I HOPE YOU GET HER PREGNANT AND THE BABY DIES YOU CUNT!

Chris Cryptic: Yeh, lets do that.

Lea Idas: Oh let’s. You know what else is in the room? Your dirty socks. Which can be shoved in his loud obnoxious mouth.

Chris Cryptic: Good point.

Lea Idas: And to think, I was going to let him see my tits if he’d just come along quietly.

Gordon Fury: YOU BITCH!

Chris holds his arm out to her.

Chris Cryptic: Shall we?

Lea smiles as she takes his arm, pointedly ignoring the screamed vulgarities from the trunk.

Lea Idas: Oh yes. Let’s. You know, I’m really glad we did this. I think it’ll be good for him. I know it made ME feel better.

Chris Cryptic: We are such good friends.

Chris and Lea walk out of the scene as the shrieks of Gordon are still heard as the scene fades to black.

“Back to the Beginning”

The scene opens up the gym Gordon usually frequents.  He hasn’t been to this gym in a while, in fact he stopped going here when he broke up with Blyss.  No idea if it was on purpose or subconsciously, but as he walks but through the doors, world title over his shoulder, he looks around the room, stopping in his tracks.

Alot of memories in this place. Many weeks of preparation for matches, even before I first met Blyss.  Who would have known that when I agreed to train her, and our first training session in this very gym, that all of this would happen. Life is fucking insane sometimes.  I walk over to the lockers and put the title down, before taking a seat, facing the door.  Now to wait.

A few minutes later, Blyss walks in through the door. Her face has an unreadable expression but the way she moves is clearly showing how angry she really is. Still near the door, she stops and looks at him momentarily before looking away at the rest of the place.

Blyss Lockhart: Hey.

Yup, pretty much the reaction I expected. Not the one I wanted, but I’m not exactly surprised.  I stand up to talk to her.

Gordon Fury: Hey Blyss. Thanks for coming.

Blyss Lockhart: Well, you were pretty much begging...

She takes a few steps away from the door, still looking around. Then she turns to face him.

Blyss Lockhart: You said you wanted to settle this but I still say you’re gonna fuck this up again. I don’t know what else to tell you.

Gordon Fury: Yeh Blyss, good to see to you too.

She half rolls her eyes at him as he walks over to her.

Gordon Fury: Is this really what it has come down to? Have you truly lost all faith in me? I mean I want us to work through this, but if you truly have given up me, then I am just wasting my breath.  

I take a deep breath.

Gordon Fury: So tell me Blyss, are we done? Is there any chance left of salvaging something from this?

Scowling, she snaps back at him.

Blyss Lockhart: Are you serious right now? Like I said before, we were doing fine, better than a few weeks ago, but YOU had to go and ruin it. How am I supposed to answer this? I don’t want this to happen but YOU are making this difficult. Get it?

Gordon instinctively snaps back.

Gordon Fury: I never said it wasn’t my fault!

He calms down before continuing.

Gordon Fury: I know the reason we are still having problems in my fault, that is why I wanted to meet you. If we want this to work, I need you to believe it can, which means you have to believe in me.  I know you did once, but the question you have to answer, is can  you do it now?

Gordon looks into her eyes.

Gordon Fury: Can you believe in me?

She quickly looks away, walking closer to the door.

Blyss Lockhart: I... I don’t know. Okay? You can’t ask me that.

Quietly, she speaks again.

Blyss Lockhart: I did believe we can work this out. I thought it wouldn’t be so bad and that I could do it but when you said... when you said those things... it made me question things I’ve never thought of till then. Things I’m afraid to know the answers to...

Gordon Fury: Hey.

Gordon puts his hand under her chin and lifts her head up to look at him.

Gordon Fury: You need to ask the question. This is never work while you have doubts. Either we work through them, or we don’t.

She glances around the gym, smiling a little.

Blyss Lockhart: I miss this place.

She gestures to his world championship belt.

Blyss Lockhart: Look how far you’ve come... Seems so long ago...

She looks back up at him and sighs.

Blyss Lockhart: Like I said, it made me ask myself things I probably shouldn’t but since you asked... Well, was what we had a mistake? Did we jump into it too quickly? ...Do you regret it?

Gordon Fury: No. What we had together was NOT a mistake. Even now I don’t think that, and I never will.  We were just two people in shit situations who were drawn together.  Do you regret it?

Blyss Lockhart: ...No.

She takes a couple of steps back.

Blyss Lockhart: I don’t know why. I was just too angry and tired, I guess. But Gordon, please don’t get me wrong. I do want to fix this but at this point... I’m thinking, why should I? It’s not that I don’t... trust you but... in a way...

She struggles to come up with the right words to say.

Blyss Lockhart: I feel like I shouldn’t risk myself getting hurt again. You know?

I do know. I know all too well.

Gordon Fury: Blyss, I can’t be the one to tell you what to do at this stage. You know what I want.  The choice has to be on you.

I take a step towards her. She has nowhere to run, nothing to hide behind.

Gordon Fury: You have to take a risk. The same risk you took when you came to my motel room that night. The same risk I took when I told you... when I told you I loved you. This doesn’t have to end in tragedy.  But the leap of faith has to be yours, and you have to know, in your mind, that this is worth it. That I am worth it.

She takes a moment to think and with a slight frown, she makes her decision. There’s a bit of resignation in her tone.

Blyss Lockhart: Alright then... We’ll work through it. We’ll be okay.

She purses her lips then looks at him with a determined look on her face.  He looks back at her a smile creeping on his face.

Gordon Fury: I’m glad to hear it.  We will work through this, and we WILL be ok.  I promise you.

With that Gordon leans forward and hugs Blyss. She gives a tight smile as she hugs him back.

Blyss Lockhart: Okay, Gordon, yeah. Me too.

They both let each other go.

Gordon Fury: You got any plans now? Cause I’m hungry as fuck. Wanna grab something to eat?

She chuckles softly.

Blyss Lockhart: Actually, yeah, I have to go. Maybe next time?

She opens the door and hesitates to leave first so she waits.

Yeh I obviously was moving too fast, but can’t blame a guy for trying.

Gordon Fury: Of course, maybe next time.

I walk over and hold the door for her, waving her out the door.

Gordon Fury: After you. I’ll walk you out.

Blyss Lockhart:Okay, thanks. I’ll see you Monday... champ?

She grins a bit as she walks out of the gym.

I laugh as I walk out after her.

Gordon Fury: I suppose I will Blyss, I suppose I will.

Well for once, something actually worked out as hoped. I have managed to somewhat salvage the shit I had broken, and things seem to be on the right track. At least for now. That’s really as good as it gets at this point.

Gordon follows Blyss out of the scene as it fades to black.

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins FuryShoot

“We Are The Champions”

The scene opens up in the gym that Gordo used to often frequent before his break up with Blyss. Since somewhat working things out with her, Gordon has spent a lot more time here, obviously missing the familiarity, or some shit like that.  He his standing in the wrestling ring at the back of the gym, wearing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt, the World Heavyweight Championship over his left shoulder.

Gordon Fury: You know, I had missed this place. Not just for the familiarity factor, but for the memories I have created here, even before Blyss came into the picture. Every difficult match, every opponent I have struggled to prepare for, I spent hours on end in this very gym, training my arse off.  Training my arse off so that one day, I would be able to stand in this ring, with the world title over my shoulder.  And here I am.  It is a feeling like no other, knowing that you have shattered the glass ceiling, and are now standing on the top of the mountain. But I don’t need to tell any of you that do I boys? I don’t need to describe the feeling of holding this world championship, from standing inside a wrestling ring, knowing that you are the current lord and master of it. The feeling of this ring being YOUR domain, and wanting to defend it at all costs.  I don’t have to tell you, because all of you have had that feeling before, multiple times for some. The difference? All of you have had that taken from you.

It doesn’t matter whether people think I deserve it, it doesn’t matter whether people thought I wasn’t ready.  The fact is, I AM the IWF world heavyweight champion, and if I have anything to say about it, that is NOT going to change.

I shift the belt’s weight on my shoulder before continuing.

Gordon Fury: Now while my match this week isn’t for the title, you are damn sure that everyone has it on the mind. Jason is right in that now that I hold the belt, I have painted a giant target on my back. Everyone wants to end me, to prove they deserve to hold it more than I do, and that extends to the 3 men in this match. And I fucking relish it.  I said it when I was High Impact Champion, and I will say it again: I THRIVE on being a champion.  Its not holding this belt that is the reason I fought so fucking hard, it is the status of being Champion of the mother fucking world. The fact that everyone on this fucking roster wishes there were in my position, plotting my downfall to facilitate their own rise. I invite all of you mother fuckers to try. I am not a transitional champion like so many World Champions we have had in the past year, I have worked my arse off to earn this, and if anyone wants to take it from me, they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Now onto the match. The funny thing about it is that on paper, Griffin and Stygian have the clear advantage as a team. They don’t hate each other, and their apparent rivalry is build on a single match being indecisive.  Whereas I just took the World Title from Ethan. The thing that defined him, made him who he was. So of course, odds are on Ethan losing his cool and stabbing me in the back, costing us the match. However, being in the ring with Ethan, and listening to him, those bets would be wrong.  I know I sound crazy, but they are wrong for one simple reason. As much as he may hate me, there is one thing he hates more: losing.

Ethan Cage is one of THE most prideful men I have ever seen, and takes every loss as if his opponent just molested his child.  Ethan would rather gargle acid than lose a match, ESPECIALLY intentionally.  So do I trust Ethan to have my back? Fuck no, not in the slightest. However, I DO trust that Ethan will do WHATEVER it takes to make sure he wins, and thats good enough for me.  If he wants to try and attack me afterwards, then we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Gordon walks over to a corner and leans into it.

Gordon Fury: Now onto my opponents. Here we are again huh Griff? 3 time we are facing off against each other.  Now I know I don’t have to remind you what happened the first two times do I?  Too fucking bad, cause I’m gonna.  You lost Griffin. I was green as fuck, just off my win of the first title in my CAREER, you were well on your way to a world title shot, and I beat you. Twice. In a row. And that was when you have momentum.  Now?  Now whenever a match comes along where you need to step the fuck up, you fail.  You failed twice agaisnt Ethan, and you failed against Stygian.  It SHOULD have been me vs. YOU for the world title, but you couldn’t fucking get the job done.  Both of us have right royally gotten into your head Griff, and not even Stygian can save you.

Speaking of Stygian, oh sorry, Jason, my bad.  Anyway, you have this big bad person of some great near unstoppable Juggernaut, and you want us to think we are the underdogs.  Well you have proven since your fall from grace Jason, that you are very much human.  You broke under the pressure, and it almost destroyed you.  If talking about how hard being world champion is was supposed to psyche me out to give you an advantage, I’m afraid you have failed, and have only fueled my fire to outlast every single fucking one of you.  

You and Griffin are entering this match as if you are favoured, as if beaten Ethan and I will be easy. And when you both are looking up at the lights, when Ethan and I get our hands raised, you will realise that you both were wrong. The champ is here, and I make a statement this week, at your expense.

Its time to face the fury...

...Mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins   Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs]  Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethan Cage & Gordon Fury [vs] Jason Gabriel & Griffin Hawkins
Page 1 of 1