Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is the end, my only friend, the end

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ruben Ricardo León

This is the end, my only friend, the end Empty
PostSubject: This is the end, my only friend, the end   This is the end, my only friend, the end I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 4:28 pm

“So here we are. This is really it, really the end for IWF. You know, despite what I said when I left this place. What is it? Three years ago now? Despite what I might have said then I always sort of thought that IWF would go on forever. Either Corey, Chuck, Brandon or some surrogate would pick it up by the scruff of the neck every time it was going to fail and drag it kicking and screaming back to being the greatest wrestling promotion on the planet.

Not this time.

This is really it. The final curtain. And I'm glad as hell that Corey traipsed all the way down to Mexico to drag my sorry ass up here to take part, because I wouldn't have missed this for anything.

And what a line up? I know not all of the Trifecta are still in power but hats off to whoever put this motley cast of characters together. I doubt that wrestling has ever seen such a star studded cast all on one card. By my count the co-main events have six World Champions between them, as well as one of the most successful women ever to grace the ring, Anna Stone. The undercard ain't too shabby either.

It's been a long road back to where I am right now, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little ashamed of what happened. I covered myself in everything but glory and I have a lot of atoning to do; particularly to my estranged wife, who put up with a lot of shit from me before I took the coward's way out of my problems and faked my own death.

I still have a lot to prove, to show that I'm the man that I was when I lifted the IWF World Heavyweight Championship, not the man who ditched it all for the easy life running a bar in Mexico. I intend to prove that at One Last Stand. I don't want to be remembered as the flakey addict who threw it all away, although I know that will never go away. I want to be known as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, and this Hawk's Nest match is the perfect opportunity for me to show that.

Jason Hawk, my good friend. It has been too long, buddy. I think it's a fairly common theme that if I ever met any of my opponents in the ring before tonight that it only ever happened once. If memory serves you are the only one I ever came out on top against. Nothing personal buddy but I hope that lightning strikes twice in this case.

Sharky, I never really had much to do with you back in the olden days. I think my time in IWF was waning as yours was waxing. I can't remember if we ever squared off but I sure as hell don't remember laying you out so if we did you probably gave it to me good.

Stygian, you were always in another league. There haven't been many wrestlers I have been in awe of during my career. The only example I can think of is how Brandon Macdonald realised he was actually a good fighter just in time to whoop my ass in me debut match in the old NLWF. Since then he has been like a steamroller, and so have you, Styg. You sure as hell steamrolled me when we went toe to toe.

And that brings me to Anna Stone. Anna, you are also one of the few people in this business that I could truly have called a friend back then. I'm not sure what is going on with your ex hubbie but I hope it all works out alright. I know you taught each other a lot and that you're nothing to be sniffed at in the ring either. I think of everyone I'll be lining up against it's you I'm going to have to keep the closest eye on.

You know what, now that I talk it out I'm not sure that I want to step through the ropes and get in to this match! But I will, because I said I would and because it's for a place, and for people to whom I owe an incredible amount. Without IWF, without Brandon Macdonald, without Corey Casey, without Chuck Matthews, without all the fans I would be nothing, and I owe you all a huge debt.

I hope to go at least some of the way to paying that debt back at One Night Stand, but I know that I can spend the rest of my life giving back to you guys and it wouldn't be enough.

Adios, IWF. It's been a hell of a ride for all of us.”
Back to top Go down

This is the end, my only friend, the end
Page 1 of 1