Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

■Homecoming■

Go down 
AuthorMessage

■Homecoming■ Empty
PostSubject: ■Homecoming■   ■Homecoming■ I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:07 pm

…■Homecoming■…
…■Friday, May 13th 2011■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

“So many memories…”

The sound of a boot hitting the double doors of the mansion, echoes throughout the entryway and the rest of the residence. It’s immediately followed by another one, this one strong enough to move the doors inward, but they manage to hold strong. Another boot, this time followed by the sound of the wooden doors cracking.

…■???■…
THEFUCK!

One more solid boot, finishing off the weakened doors. They fly open, revealing Nick Ridicule standing at the doorway. The door to his right falls off the hinges and lands at his feet. He stares down at it, then looks into the mansion. The place is a mess.

“I shouldn‘t have come back here.. I thought I was ready, but I‘m not..”

Nick looks around, then takes a reluctant step forward. His boots dig into the layer of dust formed on the hardwood floors. The mansion is dark, gloomy, cobwebs forming all over. He takes another step forward and slowly looks to his right, staring into the kitchen. As he does, the scar stretching across the left side of his neck is easily seen. Nick inhales, then he exhales and steps into the kitchen, leaving footprints behind him. He stares down at the tiled kitchen floor, at a section of the floor where the tile had been removed, seemingly by force.

“I wish I would have died that day.. Guess I‘m not as lucky as people say I am.”

Flashes of Ashley slashing his throat with a kitchen knife cross his mind, sending a shiver up his spine. Goosebumps form on his skin and he stares with a gone expression on his face. He snaps out of it, his eyes darting to a rat on the counter. Nick walks through the kitchen, then starts walking up the spiral staircase on his way to the second floor.

“Just get what you came here to get, and get the fuck out…”

Nick speeds up, skipping steps as he ascends to the top. He hurries down the hallway and opens the first door on his left. Before entering the room, he looks down the hall at the door at the end.

“This was our dream house.. We were supposed to grow old here.. Raise our kids here…”

Nick closes his eyes, takes another deep breath and exhales it out as he reopens his eyes and walks into the room in front of him. He looks around at all of his awards and title belts from throughout his life. He looks around, searching for a specific title belt, but isn’t able to find it. A puzzled look crosses his face, and he starts to think back to the last time he saw it..

“Focus your mind.. Clear your head and recreate the moment as if you were there, here now.. Focus… Focus…”

…■Four Months Earlier■…

…■The Fall of Nick Ridicule: ETA■…
…■Thursday, January 13th 2011■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

I can see it clearly now. It feels real. I’m back in the moment. I was in such a bad place, physically, mentally, spiritually. I had been completely drained, but this feeling was nothing new. This feeling had provoked me for over half a year, longer than that even, since Bad Company.. How ironic..

I had won the NLWF Championship just a week before, in what would be the last event in company history.

Rest in peace.

But this time winning the NLWF Championship did more harm than good. My best friend Brandon Macdonald had left for war, and while things didn’t end on the best of terms, he was really the only one keeping me sane.. Keeping me grounded.. Humble.

His leaving was like a slap to my face. Whether it was for good reason or not. It was the straw that finally broke the camels back though.

Focus.. You’re getting distracted… just focus on what you need.. Focus on that day…

I entered the mansion, the NLWF title on my shoulder, Ashley following close behind me. So many things left unsaid.. Undone, yet finished. I looked into the kitchen as I always did when entering the mansion. I can remember Ashley making some smart remark.

Ashley Matthews
Why do you always look into the kitchen when we come here?

The tone of her voice disgusted me. She always sounded annoyed with me, as if I was constantly on her last nerve.

Ashley Matthews
I hate this place, I hate where our lives have gone!

I could have said a wide variety of things, all resulting in the demise of our duo. Instead I did what I had grown best at doing, I bit my tongue and stepped into the kitchen, completely ignoring her.

Ashley Matthews
I’m talking to you! But I guess you’re ego is too loud to hear me!

I went through the kitchen, then stepped out the backdoor and walked to the tool shed. I opened the doors and looked around, grabbing the chainsaw as soon as I saw it. I took the NLWF title off my shoulder and placed it onto the shelf, replacing the chainsaw with it. I can feel the smile from that day crossing my face.

…■Homecoming■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

Nick Ridicule’s eyes shoot open.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
The shed!

He hurries out of the award room, down the steps. Quickly he’s out the back door and walking around the pool. The lawn had grown massive without anyone doing renovations for months. Beer cans, bottles, and other rubbish cover the back yard. The water inside the pool is a blood red, with leaves and what looks like a dead cat floating on top. Ridicule ignores the horrid smell and makes it to the shed, where he looks at the shelf to see the chainsaw.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Wait… What else happened that day?

He closes his eyes and tries to clear his head again.

“You broke away too soon.. Relax.. Calm yourself… Focus… Go back to that day.. Back to where you were… As if the chainsaw was in your hands right now…”

…■Four Months Earlier■…

…■Miami, Florida■…

RUNNA-NIGGA-NIGGA-NIGGA!

I can hear the chainsaw roar as I play with the button, getting it fired up. I can feel it vibrating in my hands and the smile on my face is as radiant as ever.

RUNNNNNN-NIGGGGGA-NIGGA-NIGGA! RUN RUN RUN NIGGA-NIGGA-NIGGAH!

I looked at the NLWF title as I spun around and stepped out of the shed. I was sick of being sick and tired. Sick of always having to look at my blood stain on the kitchen floor. I reentered the mansion and hurried into the kitchen, where Ashley was standing with a puzzled look on her face. She tried to say something.

Ashley Matthews
WHAT THE FU--

RUNNNNNNNNIGGA RUN RUN RUN!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What was that? I couldn’t hear you?

Before she had a chance to say anything, or do anything, I slammed the chainsaw straight down into the ground. It tore through the floor with ease, sending chunks and pieces of bloodstained tile all about. I never wanted to stop. But her scream brought everything to a halt.

Ashley Matthews
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

I couldn’t bring myself to look at her. A face that once fueled my fire, now only fueled my hate. For everything. For life.

Ashley Matthews
Nick, I…

I knew what she wanted to say to me. I knew that things between us were over, and that we were both lying to each other by staying together. But for some reason, neither of us were ever able to stand up to the other.

Ashley Matthews
I think I should visit my dad for awhile… I should be with my family. You can run the NLWF without me, right?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
YOU FUCKING BITCH!

The world begins to rumble.. That never happened. I didn’t call her a fucking bitch, although I wish I would have. I refocus myself on what really happened.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fine… whatever…

Ashley Matthews
Fine whatever?

What did she want me to say? I didn’t want to run the NLWF anymore. Not at that point. So many things had happened that made me hate NLWF. I wanted nothing more than for it to die or be taken from me, but it was my curse.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What do you want me to say, Ashley? Do you want me to tell you that I THINK YOU FUCKING SUCK! THAT I THINK YOU’RE THE WORST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME! THAT….

The world starts to shake again, this time I can barely stop it. I try my best to refocus myself, but the world continues to shake. Finally my heart calms, I’m able to take back control of my mind. I retry the moment.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What do you want me to say, Ashley?

Ashley Matthews
I just don’t know anymore.

She turned her back on me and walked out of the kitchen, leaving me with the chainsaw in my hands. I shut it off and went back to the shed where I swapped it for the belt. I went back into the house, then went into the kitchen again to look at my handy work,

…■Nick Ridicule■…
At least I’ll never have to think of that day again…

I chuckled, but it turned into a depressed sigh.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah right.

I touched my neck, running my fingers along the scar on my neck. I could never forget. I kicked away broken shards of tile, until my attention was drawn away by a bottle of Captain Morgan. It was at that moment I would make a decision that I would now regret..

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I’m the champion.. The owner of the NLWF.. I shouldn’t feel so depressed, I should be ecstatic! I need to throw a party! I need to celebrate!

Before I knew it I was pouring myself a shot of the captain, only to toss it to the back of my throat and swallow it down. I pulled out my phone and began calling person after person. I even made a game out of it to take a shot per person called.. An idiotic plan.

…■Homecoming■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

Nick Ridicule slowly opens his eyes. He allows reality to retake around him as he transfers from his meditative state. He hurries out of the shed and is quick to reenter the mansion. He’s in the kitchen instantaneously, opening cabinet after cabinet.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Where is it!?

Nick pulls out an almost completely empty bottle of Captain Morgan, then throws it out of the kitchen, letting it hit the wall, shattering, sending glass and alcohol splattering.

“Calm yourself.. Nothing good ever happens when you get angry.. Control your emotions. Control yourself. Just focus on the rest of that night and be done with it once and for all..”

He closes his eyes again, this time shutting them tight.

“Focus on that day.. Trap yourself in that moment.. Make it as real as right now..”

…■Four Months Earlier■…

…■Miami, Florida■…

This is the hard part.. Trying to remember something, you can barely remember. I was so drunk by the time that the party had even begun, that I could barely put together what happened. I have to skip to the first thing I can remember. It was, it was seeing her arrive. I had only met her a few times, once around the time of my wedding, once over the summer last year during the Camp Condemned tour, and a few times after Ashley and I returned home from our Christmas cruise. She had become an anchor for me, the last thing keeping me from totally losing it. I stared out the window, watching her car sitting next to mine in front of the garage. I was drawn to her, drawn out of the house, right to her side of the car, and before I knew it I was opening her door for her.

???
Such a gentlemen…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Thank god you’re here, I was worried *Hiccup* That you would blow me off *Hiccup*

I locked eye to eye with Ashley’s former best friend, Jennifer Young. She had grown up with Ashley here in Miami, but once Ashley was adopted, she seemed to forget all about Jenny.

Jennifer Young
I’m going to need a drink or two first before I..

She smiled at me before shyly looking away, her cheeks starting to turn a rosy red.

Jennifer Young
Blow you off.

She giggled, knowing exactly what she was doing to me. The sexual tension between us had reached an all time high. When I invited her, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.. But I wanted it.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
We had better get on that then, what’s your poison?

Jennifer Young
Did you get my favorite?

Even though she was under age.. In fact, we were both underage.. I would get her into bars with me in the area, just on my fame alone. Nobody cared that I was only twenty, they only cared that Nick Ridicule was there, and that the bar would get publicity.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Smirnoff Green Apple.

Jennifer Young
Mr. Ridicule, you know what that does to me..

Her eyebrow raised, and that wasn’t the only thing.. She gave me one last glance, eye to eye, before looking at my pelvic area for what seemed like a lifetime.

Jennifer Young
Ready to go in?

I could see her bite her bottom lip playfully as she continued to stare at the forming bulge in my pants.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I’ve never been so ready in my life.. *Hiccup*

She held out her hand and I helped her out of her car. She pulled me by my hand into the house. A few people had shown up already, music was playing, and the alcohol was on display in the kitchen. As we entered the house, she pulled me straight into the kitchen.

Jennifer Young
Wow, what happened to the floor?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I thought I could remove a memory…

Jennifer Young
How’d that work out for you?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I still have the scar don’t I?

Jenny placed her soft hand on it, then gave me chills as she ran her fingers down the scar on my neck, stopping as she placed her hand on my chest, over my heart.

Jennifer Young
It’s beating so fast.

She brought up her other hand and placed it on the right side of my chest.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You have that affect on me.

Jennifer Young
Nick…

I could tell she had something to say to me, but she couldn’t bring herself to say it.

Jennifer Young
Where is Ashley?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Doing what she does best. Running away from me. Refusing to face her obligations. Running back to her “family.”

Jennifer Young
She’s waited a long time to have a family like that.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah, I know…

Jennifer Young
You think you know! When in fact, you haven’t the slightest idea!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What do you mean?

Jennifer Young
I mean, the Ashley you know, and the Ashley I know, are two completely different people.

I didn’t understand what she meant then, the way I understand things now. I stared at her confused, starting to get upset. I couldn’t believe, that she believed she knew Ashley better than me.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You don’t know the Ashley I know!

Jennifer Young
Exactly! Because the Ashley I know, isn’t the Ashley you know! You’re only just starting to get a taste of the Ashley I know. She wasn’t anything like she was back growing up, like she is when she’s with you.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So what are you saying?

Jennifer Young
I’m saying she’s faking it! That she’s hiding you from the real her, because if you ever saw how hideous she truly is, you would never want anything to do with her.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Why… Why the hell didn’t you say any of this when I was getting married to her? You know, before she slashed my throat for something that never really happened! Before she had a chance to divorce me and take practically everything I had worked for over the last two years!

Jennifer Young
Because I thought she had changed! I thought she was a different person now. Also, the other thing…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What other thing?

Jennifer Young
You know… Between her dad and I…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
OH! Fuck! I had forgotten all about that…

Jennifer Young
Oh great, now you think I’m a whore… You see what I’ve done? I didn’t want to be the problem starter! I should really go!

Jenny tried to step past me but I side stepped and blocked her path. She looked at me, her eyes big and wide, starting to water up.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Jenny, I like you a lot. You aren’t the problem starter, trust me.. When it comes to drama and causing problems for people, the Matthews are infamous. But you’re telling me that Ashley isn’t really the person I know, and that she never really was.. You have to understand how hard that is for me to comprehend.

Jennifer Young
She’s been lying to you about her past.. To everyone! It was.. Can we go somewhere quiet to talk about this?

I grabbed the bottle of apple vodka and gave a head nod for Jenny to lead the way. I couldn’t help but stare at her ass as she stepped out of the kitchen, walking up the spiral staircase. She was wearing a tight t-shirt, looking back on it, it may have been a Nick Ridicule “There‘s a finger for that” t-shirt. Following her up the steps it was even harder not to stare at her ass, jammed into her low cut jean skirt.

Jennifer Young
Which room are we going into?

We made it to the top of the staircase and I pointed to the end of the hall.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Bedroom.

We walked down the hall. Jenny opened the door and walked over to sit on the bed. I held out her bottle of apple vodka, then placed the NLWF title next to her on the bed.

Jennifer Young
Newly won right?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yup.

Jennifer Young
How did number five feel? Was it better than the first? Second? Third? Fourth?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
No.. Just.. No..

Jennifer Young
You seem depressed. I know things with Ashley aren’t going well, but she’s not here now. Come and sit with me.

She patted the foot of the bed. It was just like that night with Kat.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It’s not just Ashley. It’s everything! This isn’t how I wanted my life to be! I can’t even be proud of myself for becoming wrestler of the year, because it’s a year that I’ll always think back on as the worst of my life! I feel like I’m going insane, trying to please so many people, while remaining unpleased! Dissatisfied! Disgusted!

I plopped down onto the bed next to her, laying back with my arms spread out, staring up at the ceiling.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I feel as though I won the fight, I got us where we needed to be, but lost the war, because I have absolutely nothing left… I feel like I’ve been running on empty, yet I’m still performing harder than everyone..

I sat up, sitting next to Jenny, placing my face in my cupped hands in front of me.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I hate everything. I hate life because of it. I hate what I’ve become, who I am. I hate all the people around me.

Jennifer Young
Do something about it.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Right, because it’s just that easy.

Jennifer Young
It could be.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You don’t understand!

Jennifer Young
I want to! You just have to let me in!

Jenny kissed me on the cheek, then moved to my neck and began kissing the scar. She placed her hand on my chest and pushed me back onto the bed, then got on top of me.

Jennifer Young
I’ll let you in.. If you let me in.

She kissed my neck again as she straddled me, then whispered into my ear.

Jennifer Young
Ok?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah.

She kept kissing me, then reached down running her hand down my abs. She reached into my pants and looked at me with a smile.

Jennifer Young
No wonder Ashley calls it an Anaconda..

…■Nick Ridicule■…
How about you don’t talk about Ashley, don’t think about Ashley, at least for the next hour or so.

Jennifer Young
Can you promise me the same?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It depends how the sex is… I mean, if it’s bad I may start fantasizing about her…

Jennifer Young
That’s honest of you.. Fair enough.

She kissed me again, this time on the lips. For the first time our mouths were locked together, lips wrestling each other, saliva being exchanged. It was one of the best kisses of my life, interrupted by the sound of the bedroom door violently being swung open. Jenny slowly lifted off of me, still straddling me. She turned her head slowly, looking at the door. I sat up, my face getting stuck between her breasts. I pushed her aside to see Ashley standing at the doorway. Jenny knocked the NLWF title off the bed as Ashley stormed at her.

Ashley Matthews
YOU LITTLE BITCH!

Ashley tackled Jenny to the ground, the placed her hands on her throat and started to strangle her. I got off the bed and grabbed Ashley, lifting her off of her friend, taking a slap to the face for my efforts.

Ashley Matthews
I should have known you would go after Nick! You’re like a vulture! Some people never change!

Ashley looked away from Jenny, back at me, hitting me with another slap to the face. If I hadn’t been so flustered, I’m sure I could have easily avoided it, but I deserved it.

Ashley Matthews
AND YOU!

Ashley wanted to say more, she tried her best. The problem was she had become so choked up, all she could get out was a few sobs before turning her back on me and running out of the room.

Jennifer Young
So what are you going to do now rockstar? You gonna chase after her?

It was like she was inside my head. Like she knew. I was out the door too fast to reply, chasing Ashley down the hall. I was able to get to her before she could get to the stairs. I grabbed her arm, holding it firm, not allowing her to escape from me.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
We need to settle things!

Ashley Matthews
GET OFF ME!

She reached into her shirt and pulled out a can, then proceeded to mace me unmercifully. She didn’t stop until the can did.

Ashley Matthews
I HATE YOU!

She shoved me and I was helpless to defend it, having just been blinded. I fell backwards, down the steps. First it was my right shoulder, hitting the edge of one of the steps, dislocating upon impact. Next, my already damaged neck. It had been hurting again more than ever, but because I had to keep NLWF running, surgery had to wait. Midway down the staircase I somehow launched, landing on my back at the bottom of the stairs. The wind was knocked out of me. My breath taken away. I couldn’t inhale, no matter how hard I tried. What a strange feeling. I tried to look around, but I was blinded by her mace. I could only hear her hurrying down the steps, and taste the blood inside my mouth.

Ashley Matthews
Oops..

She stepped on my balls as she walked past me. I could hear her enter the kitchen, then leave through the front door. Get the fuck up, the only thing I could think to will myself to my feet. The next thing I knew I was up, shoulder dangling. I hurried through the kitchen, then out the open front door.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
ASHLEY! *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH*

It was obvious I had broken at least a couple of my ribs. Screaming hurt more than my eyes burned. I still couldn’t see anything, but that didn’t stop me from rubbing at my watery eyes with my still operational arm. The next thing I heard was a crashing, the sound of a windshield breaking. That bitch attacked my car. I followed the sound, rushing over to it.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
…Ashley…

My voice a mere whisper now.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
…you…fucking…bitch…

I didn’t have the strength to even speak anymore. The next thing I heard was the sound of her car starting, and her pulling out. I took a step forward, reaching out to grab the handle of my car door.

Jennifer Young
You gonna follow her?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What choice do I have?

Jennifer Young
You have all the choice! The choice is yours! The only problem is up until this point, you’ve been choosing wrong. You’ve based all your choices on what other people want, not what you want. That’s why you’re so miserable!

Her words cut through me. They sunk in deeper than anything anyone had told me over the last year. She was right and I couldn’t deny it, I couldn’t fight it, I couldn’t even move. I was frozen.

Jennifer Young
Make your choice Nick. A choice that is going to change the rest of your life. You can chase after her. You can continue to do what you’ve done the last two years. You can keep doing things for other people, to make them happy, while you remain miserable, unfulfilled.

I could hear her open her car door on the other side of my car.

Jennifer Young
OR… You can come with me. Leave it all behind. Fuck ‘em all. Do to them, what they’ve done to you. Selfishly pick yourself, over them, the way they pick themselves over you. You can come with me and together we’ll find happiness. I promise I can cure your depression, because I know the cure!

Her words were so convincing, so intriguing. She knew all the right buttons that needed to be pressed for me to surrender to her will.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What is it?

She had me in the palm of her hand. She knew something that she knew I had to know.

Jennifer Young
Gratitude.

The word was almost foreign to me. Gratitude? But what an interesting concept. At the time, it was what I most lacking. At my most depressed moments throughout my life, it is what I was most lacking. Could something as simple as being grateful, get rid of this feeling that seemed to be consuming my heart, my entire being.

Jennifer Young
So… you coming?

It was a simple choice.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fuck ‘em all.

I hurried around my car and Jenny helped me into the passenger seat of her car. I was leaving it all. Stepping away from my responsibly, my obligations. Running away from my problems. Leaving it all behind with a fuck you to all the people who had ruined things for me. Not knowing that I was becoming what I hated the most, one of the million, instead of one in a million. I had become them.

…■Homecoming■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

???

You get what you came here for?

Nick breaks his trance, jolting back into his waking life. He feels his heart start to beat rapidly in his chest, but he’s able to calm it down immediately. He slowly turns to look at Brenton Cyrus, standing at the front door of the mansion.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I know where it is. I’ll be down in a few.

Brenton Cyrus

Take your time.

Cyrus puts his sunglasses back on as he turns and steps out of the mansion. Nick leaves the kitchen and slowly walks up the stairs. He makes it to the top and looks across the hallway, walking slowly toward the door. He opens the door and enters what was once his bedroom. He stares at the bed, images of that night still fresh in his mind. He walks over and crouches down, then reaches under the bed where he grabs it. A smile crosses his face. Nick pulls out the NLWF Championship from under the bed and he holds it in his hands.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Gotcha.

He stands up and hurries out of the room. As if all the bad memories of the house were following close behind him. He rushes down the hall, then down the steps, jumping down as soon as he can. He zooms through the kitchen and bursts out the front door, into the light. Nick allows his eyes time to adjust to the brightness. He looks at the limousine parked next to his car, the driver with the back door open, waiting for him. Nick walks over and enters the limousine, looking at Brenton, then across at Tommy Cornell.

Brenton Cyrus was originally an actor who stared in the North Mason High School musical movies, before transitioning over into the world of wrestling. Tommy Cornell on the other hand was a legendary wrestler, originally from England. He had become famous over the last couple of years as the head announcer in the NLWF.

Tommy Cornell
So Nicky, what did you want to get that for? I don’t think they’re going to let you bring that to IWF with you.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It’s actually a gift for someone. The man who helped change my life back around.

Brenton Cyrus

Where to now?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Jewelry store.

The driver starts up the limo and backs out of the driveway. Nick stares out his window and watches as the mansion gets smaller and smaller with distance.

Brenton Cyrus

How was it being back there?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Actually, it wasn’t as bad as I imagined it would be. I’m ready to move on.

Brenton Cyrus

That’s exactly what I want to hear! If you’re going to retake the wrestling world by storm, you’re going to have to be at your very best, more on your game than every before!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah, I can feel the force flowing through me again. I’m ready, but first I owe one man a thank you.

Tommy Cornell
Is that what the belt is for?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah.

Silence fills the back of the limousine. Nick continues to stare out his window, watching until his mansion is out of sight, out of mind. Brenton looks at the NLWF Championship, studying every last inch of the title belt. Tommy Cornell bounces in his seat, looking back and forth at Nick and Brenton.

Tommy Cornell
I’ve never felt more like Chuck Matthews in my entire life! I just wanted you guys to know that!

Nick smirks, while Brenton lets out a slight chuckle.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I really appreciate you guys helping me get back on my path. I haven’t gotten the chance to tell you guys that, but it really means a lot to me, you guys taking the time to help me train.

Tommy Cornell
No problem kiddo. What happened with NLWF was as I like to say, rough justice! It had to be done, you were the guy with the balls to kill it, even though you may not have killed it the right way, at least it died.

Brenton Cyrus

It was already dead. Had been dead for months. NLWF was on life support, you pulled the plug. Thank god.

Silence fills the back of the limousine again, but this time it’s because all three men are deep in thought. Nick starts to think back to a couple months ago. He closes his eyes. His mind is already relaxed, operating at the perfect level to take him back.
[color=white][b]<br /><br />…■Two Months Earlier■…<br />
[b]<br][/center]

Last edited by Nick Ridicule on Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

■Homecoming■ Empty
PostSubject: So Nice, had to post it twice!   ■Homecoming■ I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:08 pm

…■Lost and Found■…
…■Sunday, March 13th 2011■…
…■New York, New York■…

I had heard rumors he was looking for me. At one point, I was the easiest man on earth to find. At that point though, it was as if I dropped off the face of the earth. I was never somewhere longer than two days, constantly moving from one adventure to the next, trying to find myself again in the process. But the more I searched, the deeper I went, the more lost I became.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I sat up in my bed, looking at the door. I was staying in a piece of shit apartment building, one room, one bathroom, I bought the place with cash. I figured nobody would be able to find me there, and yet…

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* *Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I rolled out of bed and tip toed across the floor, grabbing a bottle of Jack Daniels off the ground as I did. I opened the bottle, drank the rest of it, but not without first using it as mouthwash. The burning sensation put a smile on my face as I made it to the door.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The force behind each knock was scary. I gulped, fearing the worst and placed my eye to the hole, looking at him. He had found me. I was in no condition to defend myself, so I did what a coward does best. I slid across the floor thanks to my socks, then grabbed a backpack I had been traveling around with. I grabbed a few things I needed, threw them into the bag, and was on my way out the window, down the fire escape.
Pathetic.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Later loser.

I made it down the fire escape quickly, then delivered a Nick Kick to the ladder, unhinging it, sending it crashing down into the alley below. Back in the apartment, I could hear the door being knocked down. I smirked, knowing I had already escaped him. I reached over and slid down the ladder, landing hard on the street below, losing my balance, falling backward into a puddle.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fuck my life.

I stared up at the cloud covered sky. I smiled as I could see him stick his head out the window, several stories overhead. I gave him a wave, then flipped him off. He in return spit down at me. I watched as the spit fell from the window down at me, then rolled away at the last second as it landed where my face would have been.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It must be my lucky day…

Luck is for losers. But at that point, it’s all I had, because it’s what I was. I sat up, then get to my feet and brushed myself off. I looked up at him, still staring down at me from my apartment.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!

I laughed a weasel like laugh, then looked ahead as the headlights of a car shined me.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Oh shit…

The car sped forward hitting me, pulling me up to the hood, crashing through the windshield before stopping, launching me off down to the ground. I watched as he climbed out of the apartment window, stepping out to the fire escape.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fuck…

I rolled over to my stomach and pushed up, managing to somehow get to my feet. I limped forward, trying my best to run, but failing miserably. I could hear the sound of a woman screaming at me from the car. As I made it to the end of the alley, I looked back over my shoulder. I could hear the man scream at me from the fire escape.

???
I JUST WANNA TALK NIGGUH! WHY YOU SCARED THOUGH!?

I had escaped a shark attack. I ran out of the alley onto the sidewalk, then ran pushing past anyone who got in my way. As soon as I found a place to hide, a nearby bar where they had come to know me, I got off the street and got a drink. One drink turned into two drinks. Two drinks turned into five. Five turned into an entire morning of drinking.

Bartender
LEX! LEX! It’s not even noon yet and I’ve already gotta kick out your drunk ass?

I had given up being Nick Ridicule. He was dead, no reason to use the name anymore. I went back to my birth name and Nick Ridicule was only a myth. It’s who I felt I truly was, just Alex Mark, pretending to be Nick Ridicule.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Come on…

He stared at me, unforgiving eyes.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
COME ON…

He rolled his eyes at me as I tried to pull myself up out of the booth, struggling as I did.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Come OHHHHH….

My stomach couldn’t fight it anymore. I was going to upchuck and nothing could stop it. I hurled all over the bartender, who could only stand and take it, looking at me in disbelief.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I feel much better now..

Bartender
GET OUT! GET OUT!

He grabbed me and pulled me out of the booth, dropping me to the floor. I squirmed to get up and he delivered a boot to my ribs. Steel toed.

Bartender
Wait… When was the last time you paid your tab?

He delivered another kick, this time to my face, loosening my back teeth. I was delirious. Struggling to stay conscious. Trying not to pass out from the kick to the face or the incredible amount of alcohol consumed.

Bartender
Oh boy, looks like you haven’t paid all weekend!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fuck…

I spit up some blood, mixed with vomit. The pain I was feeling didn’t compare to the sick feeling, or the horrid taste in my mouth. I tried to get up, only to get kicked to the ribs again. I could feel him reach into my pocket, pulling out my wallet.

Bartender
Empty.. Looks like we’ve got ourselves a problem. BOYS, GET IN HERE!

I met his sons a few days before, but I can’t for the life of me remember any of their names. We’ll just call them Big, Bigger, and Biggest, the sons of Bartender.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
..wait..

He couldn’t hear me, or maybe he just didn’t care to. I knew exactly where my money clip was, in the pocket of my favorite jeans. Days earlier I had taken it out of my wallet and put it into my pocket, so I could convince them to let me put it all on a tab. Looks like that came back to bite me on the ass.

Bartender
Lex here can’t seem pay his tab. Do you think you boys could show him what happens when people don’t pay the tab?

I could feel one of his boys grab my ankles and start to pull me across the bar floor. The place was empty, so it was no using calling for help, not that I wanted it. He dragged me into a dark room, then began to tie a rope around my ankles. The lights in the room turned on and I was lifted upside down like a piñata. Each guy then grabbed an aluminum baseball bat and surrounded me.

Bartender
Aren’t you going to beg for your life? Tell us how you can pay us anything we want!

He let out a laugh that frightened me. I knew things were finally over and could only do my best to accept my fate. Cruel as it may be. I closed my eyes, let my arms dangle, gulped and took one last breath, savoring it as my last.

Bartender
Guess he wants to go out like a man. Admirable, but stupid. BIG! BATTERS UP!

He blasted me to the right thigh, hard enough to hurt like hell, but not enough to get a reaction out of me. I began to swing a bit, biting down, grinding my teeth.

Bartender
Now what the hell did you go and do that for? You know you’re not going to break bones hitting him there! Someone break his ribs! BIGGER! BATTERS U…

Silence filled the room. I kept my eyes closed.

Bartender
Somebody just came into the bar, I’m gonna check it out.

Bigger
Can we bash him without you?

Bartender
No! This is personal! I knew his father and always wanted to do this to him, I’ll have to settle for Stylez jr. Only bash him if he struggles or makes any noise. I’ll be right back, I’m going to kick this guy out and close down the bar.

It made sense to me. Nick was dead. Now it was time for Alex. I waited for them to get it over with already.

Biggest
I think he’s struggling!

I wasn’t moving even slightly, but the next thing I knew, I was getting hit by the butt end of the bat to the ribs. I was immediately hit again from a different angle, the bat smashing into my lower back. I couldn’t help but holler out in pain.

Big
Sounds like he’s decided to make some noise!

I knew I was about to be bashed a good one. This would be my last chance to call for help, to swallow my pride and ask to be saved.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP……

With that, I was hit to the back of the head with a bat. Knocked out.

What now?

It’s the only thing I can remember throughout the time I was knocked out.

What now?

I didn’t wonder if I was dead. I didn’t wonder if I had been knocked unconscious. I only had one question. It was all I could remember. It was like the dreams I use to have as a kid, where I would be shot, or killed in some way. Once I died in the dream, I would always have just one question.

What now?

Then I woke up. My eyes opened quickly, scanning the room, my mind trying to get some kind of bearing on where I was. I was still in the room with the three sons, only now they were the ones unconscious. I tried to stand but my right leg couldn’t hold me up and I fell back down. My back was in an excruciating amount of pain as well, but nothing hurt worse than my head. I had the worst headache imaginable, continuous thumping that echoed through my ears. I stood up again, this time using the wall to help me stay up. I slid along the wall, then reached out and opened the door. I stepped out of the back room and walked over to the bar, where James Shark was waiting.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Why have you been looking for me? Calling me out?

James Shark
DAYUM! Dawg? Why you commin at me all hard and shit MAAAAAAAAAYNE!?

James smirked at me, radiating confidence as always.

James Shark
Especially after I had to save yo white ass!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Save my white ass? Who asked you too?

James Shark
I happen to remember those cracka ass crackas, cracking ya ass like a cracka! I then happen to remember a cracka ass cracka, cracking and calling out for help! Was dat you? Cause the sun tan superman can’t be spenden all his time rescuing whiteys!

I was reluctant to say anything. Mostly because he was right, he had saved me and I had asked to be saved.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Have you gotten blacker?

James Shark
Oh you got jokes?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Why did you track me down?

James Shark
Come on nigga, I’m starving, and ya boi don’t wait for food!

So we left the bar. James told me the story of how he beat the hell out of the bartender and his three sons as we went to find food. I took Shark to a McDonalds, since that’s what I had been living on the past month. My body wasn’t reacting very well to the switch from my nutritional power diet, to my junk food kill myself diet.

James Shark
Yo… HELL NAH DAWG! You took me to fuckin McDonalds? For real?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
They let you have it your way…

James Shark
That’s Burger King DAWG!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So what, you’re hungry, dogs gotta eat right?

Without warning James barked three times, getting everyone in the McDonalds to stare at him.

McDonalds Employee
Oh my god, are you robbing us? Take whatever you want, just don’t hurt anyone!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
No! No! We’re not robbing the place.. Actually, he might, I’m not. He couldn’t help himself but to bark when I said that…

McDonalds Employee
Oh, well, can I take your order.

We got our food and sat down. Shark inhaled his food, making me lose my appetite. After lunch, he sat staring at me.

James Shark
Nick Redicule.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
While I like how you say the name, you’ve got the wrong guy. I'm just Alex Mark now.

James Shark
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

I laughed out loud for the first time in months. I couldn’t resist. Even though I was in pain, something about this guy put a smile on my face.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Nick is done. He’s gone. He was just a cover to hide the world from Alex Mark, who I truly am, who I have no choice but to be.

James Shark
True talk?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I have no reason to lie to you. I’m not him. I never really was…

James Shark
RRRRRRRRRIGHT….

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You don’t believe me, you think I’m joking, that I’m hiding something from you?

James Shark
I think you sound like a crazy fool! Makin excuses. If you aint Redicule, who beat me?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
What?

James Shark
Dawg, I’m lookin for a fight! I went back to NLWF, after you took off. Lookin for you!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I heard a few things about what happened in my absence…

When I left I didn’t tell anyone where I was going. I just left it all behind, for it to sort out itself. Without me they couldn’t run any shows. Without my sanctioning, none of the belts could be defended. I took my ball and I ran away with it. Pulled the plug on an already dead company. I found out though that Ashley released everyone from their NLWF contracts, allowing them to join the IWF.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So, you came back to fight me, just because I beat you all that time ago?

James Shark
Nah. I wanted to throw down wit you cause you were the best! Because I wanted to show I could hang wit you. You owe me a match, and I was gonna get mine!

I stood up and held my arms out to the side.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Go ahead and give me your best shot. You deserve it. You saved my miserable life, I owe you something.

I stood waiting for him to hit me, but he just sat looking at me like I was crazy. He took a drink from his soda, then stood up, standing face to face with me.

James Shark
Listen, if you wanna owe me something, fine. Bring back Redicule. I want my match. Find his ass, do whatever you gotta do, then come and find me. Just because we can’t fight in NLWF, doesn’t mean we can’t fight in IWF.

He walked past me, leaving me standing like a jackass. I turned around and followed him out of the McDonalds.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
WAIT!

I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He looked like he wanted to hit me, but felt too sorry for me to go through with it.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Why? Why are you doing this? Why does a match with me matter?

James Shark
Get you head together motherfucker! The next time I see you, it better be because we’re going to find out who the better man is.

James tried to walk away, but I wouldn’t allow it.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
He’s dead… He’s not coming back.. I tried to bring him back, tried to refind myself by walking away from everything else! I let a girl drag me deeper into the hole I had dug for myself, and I’m even more lost now than when I ran away in the first place!

James Shark
Sounds to me like the problem is you! You keep pointing your fingers at everyone, soon the only person left to point the finger at is yourself! So my advice to you, is to go find Nick Redicule! Because he aint dead, he’s just hiding like a coward. You feel me dawg? You feel you owe me? I saved your miserable life? Then be reborn! That’s what you can do for me. Once you do, I’ll be waiting to whoop your ass!

I let him go and let him walk away.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
How is IWF?

James Shark
It’s alright. First show was last night. I beat up Chad Mason. You know he’s wit your girl, right?

I looked at him shocked.

James Shark
Ooops. My bad G.. As Mason would say… AWWWWWWWKWARD…

…■Homecoming■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

Tommy Cornell
NICK!!!!!!!! WE’RE HERE!!!! WAKE UP!!

The eyes of Nick Ridicule open and he sits up. He adjusts his shirt and wipes away spit forming on the side of his mouth. He looks out the window at the jewelry store. Hart Family Jewelry…

…■TO BE CONTINUED■…

…■The Match■…
…■Irish Insurgency Army [vs] Team Swag■…
…■San Jose, California■…

Hello there. Not sure how many of you are aware of who I am, so please allow me to introduce myself. I’m Nick Ridicule. For the past couple of years, you may or may not have watched me bend over and dominate the wrestling industry, like no other.

For those of you that haven’t seen me, heard of me, or had a chance to admire my handy work. Let me start by saying you’re in for a pleasant surprise. I was expecting some sort of rust, you know, with just twenty four hours to make something magic happen, but I’ve really outdone myself.

Pats on the back and self high fives for me.

For those of you who DO know of me, have heard of me, and have had the better part of two years to admire my work. Allow me, the chance to allow you, to welcome me back to the game. It’s good to be here, really it is. Somewhere between reading the massive amounts of fan mail, mixed with the massive amount of hate mail, I’ve really found my love for the game again.

Now that the intro is out of the way, where do I begin. So many things to be said, but I really have to choose my words carefully. If anyone is as blacklisted in this sport as me, I’ve yet to meet him. With that being said, I’ll begin with the easiest, fattest, target I have to work with.

How’s it going Corey?

I see some people never change, even though they suck and should really change. But you’re sticking to what you know! You don’t care if anyone thinks you’re a fucking a loser! You don’t care if you’re still the biggest douche bag waste of space on gods green earth! You would much rather keep it real, be the anal wart on the ass of humanity as you spew the same bullshit and garbage you’ve been filling our unwilling minds with for the past couple of years.

You think that was good, I’m just getting warmed up.

It makes sense to me that Corey Casey would become such a religious guy. Considering expecting him to evolve at all is complete and total blasphemy. I was sick and tired of you back when you were doing to same shit when you first started, you mean I have to be part of the Corey Casey rerun marathon?

I don’t hate you Corey. Believe it or not. I don’t hate anyone. I’ve evolved past hate, because I understand it. You hate me. That’s why you had to taunt me. That’s why you couldn’t just let my book close. You had to go out of your way to provoke me, thinking It would never come back to haunt you.

Jokes on you fucker.

Despite all your attempts to keep me away. Despite all the effort to stop Nick Ridicule from once again ascending to the very top of things the only way he knows how. Despite your best efforts, I’m still standing, still here in your company now, ready to dominate it.

I’m going to make you hate your own company.

Sound familiar?

The big difference is I’m going to make you hate IWF, by becoming the greatest superstar IWF has ever known. I’m going to make you hate your fed, but being the best guy here, week in and week out. By being the most consistent, most entertaining, most dominant, most original, most everything everyone wants to be son of a bitch this game has ever known!

Big difference from the way it was when the shoe was on the other foot. What did you do? You kept coming with that played out, whack ass stuff you’ve grown accustomed too. It’s just who you are. Incapable of anything better. What else did you do? Oh that’s right, you bored people into comas, douched your way from teammate to teammate, praying they could carry your fat ass, you failed to defend major title after major title.

Hey Corey, I have more title defenses with one reign as NLWF champion, than you even had major title wins! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?

You fear me, because you think you know me. You think you have some grasp on what I’m capable of, when in reality it’s far worse than you could ever imagine. I’m even greater than you thought I was! I’m even better than you already believed and the fear has already consumed you, and your allies, to the point where you’re afraid to be in the same arena as I am.

Don’t show up to the next show.

If you do you’re in for an unpleasant surprise.

You fear me, because you’ve witnessed only a small fraction of my glory. The words, “You aint seen nothing yet” have never held more value in any moment of use. You thought I was something special when I hated doing this? You thought I beat the shit out of you back then?

Oh boy oh boy, I can’t wait to get my hands on you again!

In a day I’ve outdone what you had a week to do. Choke on that you little bitch.

You see me and shake like a chain link fence, I see you and I laugh my ass off. That’s the best way to describe our relationship. Trying to come at me like you’re some sort of a bad ass, as if you have any power, just because the company is in your name.

Bitch please.

Everyone got to see what a pussy you are this week. They all watched as you did whatever it took to stop me. Only for you to do what you do best.

FAIL.

I’m Nick Fucking Ridicule.

You’re Corey Failure Casey.

That’s the way it is, and that’s the way it always will be. You’ll never be able to do what I’m capable of doing, what I have already done. You stack Corey Casey’s career next to almost anyone and he seems like he’s a great wrestler. You put his career next to mine and he looks like a rookie, fresh off the streets of South Boston.

But hey, I guess anyone is capable of change. Lets see what kind of a man Corey is. Lets see if he has what it takes to survive my verbal bashing of him. Chances are he’ll try to censor me, but I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt for once and say he’ll take the ass whooping that myself and Team Swag deliver.

The people are starting to turn on you Casey. They are starting to realize that you’re a tremendous douche, incapable of being anything else. I mean come on, you’re about to recycle a storyline for what, the third or fourth time?

These are the reasons I laugh at you. I couldn’t possibly be afraid of someone like you. What is there to fear? What the hell are you going to do? Not a fucking thing. You’ll huff and you’ll puff, you may even blow a house down, but in the end, you’re still Corey Casey and I’m still Nick Ridicule.

Nuff said.

Now I’ve got everyone else laughing at you. Your chump title win over Brandon is a distant memory in their minds now. They have no idea why they were ever scared to fight you. They have no idea why they thought you were any good.

By laughing at you. By ignoring what little authority you have. By curb stomping you the way that I have, I’ve shown the others that it’s not just ok to do the same, but it’s fucking fun. Watching you run around like a chicken missing its head, it’s fun. Watching you get angry, try to scare me out of the IWF, get your buddies to try to scare me out of the IWF, watching all of this has made me laugh at you. It’s made me want to be here even more. It’s made me feel more like Nick Ridicule than I’ve felt in a long time.

I’m getting my mojo back. The force is once again flowing freely throughout me and you knew that it would! That’s why you tried so hard to stop me. But if our pasts can tell us anything, it’s that YOU CAN’T STOP ME!

You’ve never been able to.

You’ll never be able to.

And do you want to know why?

Do you really want to know why?

YOU

CAN’T

STOP

FATE!

THAT’S!

WHY!

YOU!

FUCKING!

DOUCHEBAG!

WHY!

CAN’T!

YOU!

COME!

UP!

WITH!

SOMETHING!

NOT!

RETARDED!

Guess what I’m doing right now, go ahead and guess.

Sorry, if you guessed that I’m holding up my middle finger, you are incorrect, but close.

I’m laughing at you Corey.

Again.

Just like I’ve always laughed at you.

Every time you failed, every time you couldn’t achieve what you were supposed to, every time you were forced to go to BC, or Chuck, or somebody else for help, to bail your ass out because you can’t do things on your own.

I laugh at you.

You’re a joke to me.

Everything you do is a joke to me.

Destiny’s Chosen One?

Only you would bestow a nickname like that upon yourself.

Chasing white rabbits around like a retard.

Hilarious.

Trying to scare me.

Even funnier.

But you know the best part? The thing that makes me laugh the very most? The thing that puts a smile on my face from early morning to late night? The thing that ultimately has lead to my forgiveness, not just for the people who had wronged me, but for myself?

Do you want to know the funniest part about all of this?

YOU TOOK MY CURSE AWAY!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

IT’S YOUR PROBLEM NOW SUCKER!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So you tell me who won. I see them, they run. I hold my position as the baddest man alive, a position that I will now defend from fakes and imposters such as yourself CC. I’m the king of this game and I do it better than anyone. I cut the biggest distraction in my life, out. Removed it because it was cancer. Now I’m back. Back where I belong.

It’s not a question of will Nick Ridicule dominate IWF?

It’s not even a question of when will Nick Ridicule come in and dominate IWF?

Not anymore it isn’t.

The only question left on anyone’s mind is simply this.

How long will it take for Nick Ridicule dominate IWF?

The answer.

Not long.

Don’t get it twisted though. I don’t know this because of fate. I don’t know this because of destiny.

I know because it’s Ridicule, and this is what Ridicule does best.

I’ll finish with a story that I heard…

A little bird, flew very far, to a very distant land.

When he got there, he found it was a cold, freezing land.

And the bird froze to death.

A cow passed by and took a dump on top of him.

The warm shit that fell on him melted the ice, and he was resurrected.

Alive again, but still buried, he started chirping.

A cat passed by and heard his cries, and dug him out.

And then the cat ate the bird.

Moral of the Story:

The person who takes a shit on you, isn’t always your enemy.

And the person who takes you out of the shit, isn’t always your friend.

Friends and enemies, you have a nice weekend. I’ll see you all at BattleGrounds this week, then on Cataclysm as we take over as the best wrestling show on earth.

IT’S SHOWTIME!
Back to top Go down

■Homecoming■
Page 1 of 1