Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■

Go down 
AuthorMessage

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ Empty
PostSubject: ■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■   ■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm

…■The Man, The Myth, The Master Plan■…
…■Monday, May 16th 2011■…
…■Los Angeles, California■…

Curt Wall
I’m going to read you a statement made by my client, before he turned himself in. The only way Nick Ridicule will admit to the crimes he has committed is under a few terms and conditions. After those conditions have been satisfied, Nick will admit to a different murder each day. My client would like you to know that if you do not oblige with his will, he’ll be forced to plead insanity until you’re forced to release him. Are we in understanding?

One of the arresting officers steps forward and leans down over the shoulder of his superior, the police chief. They sit across from Curt Wall, the man who was stepping away from the limousine as it pulled away. He looks at them with a smile as they start to talk.

“I don‘t trust this guy or his lawyer! I say we book him, run fingerprints on the gun he had, we‘ll have enough to convict him like that!”

Police Chief
You know better than that. This guy has money to burn, a valid insanity plea, he’ll be walking the streets by tomorrow afternoon. If we hear him out, if we go through with whatever game he’s trying to play, at least we’ll get a confession out of him, valid proof, enough to convict him and send him away for a long time.

“Or we‘ll get fucked over! You don‘t know what this asshole has planned!”

Curt Wall
I’m prepared to read you his wishes, I just need to know if you are willing to hear them.

Police Chief
What does he want?

The other officer rolls his eyes and lets out a sigh.

Curt Wall
Excellent. First things is first, Nick Ridicule requests he be sent away to the Salinas Mental Asylum for the week before he makes his confession. He requests the counseling of a Dr. Duarte, a Dr. Krysten Duarte, to do his psychiatric evaluation. In return for fulfilling these requests, he’ll tell Dr. Duarte about four different murders, cases that were wrongly closed with other people taking the blame for them.

Police Chief
Is that everything?

Curt Wall
That’s all he wants.

Curt watches the two officers, a confident look on his face.

Police Chief
Call Salinas…

The arresting officer steps forward, rage overcoming him. He places his hand on the shoulder of the police chief.

“Oh come on Chief, you can‘t actually…”

The police chief raises his hand as he stares across the table at Curt.

Police Chief
Listen to me! I said call Salinas, tell them they’re going to have a new inmate. I need to talk to Director Sheppard, work a few things out. You stay here!

He points at Curt as he stands up and steps out of the interrogation room.

“What the hell was that in there? You can‘t just do whatever this guy asks! He‘s clearly up to something and we can‘t be a part of his game!”

Police Chief
The only way we’re going to put this guy away, is if he lets us! We have to let him put himself away, or he’s going to walk free, smiling and laughing at us as he does!

“So you‘re going to just take part in his shenanigans, in this ridiculous display of mind games!”

Police Chief
Do we have a choice? The gun he walked in with is being looked over by forensics. By sending him away, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

“You‘re right, sorry I argued. I just want to put this dirt bag away!”

Police Chief
I know you do, and we will. You just have to be patient. Now go and set up his transfer to the asylum. I need to talk to the director and tell him that Dr. Duarte has a new client.

“Yes sir.”

Each man goes off in a different direction. The Police Chief enters his office, closing the door behind him. He walks over and sits behind his desk, then reaches into the middle drawer. He pulls out a flask and pours the alcoholic beverage into his coffee mug. He closes the flask and puts it back into his desk, covering it with his badge. He picks up his phone, then he opens a black book up and shifts through the pages with his index finger. He stops and punches in a phone number, then sits back in his chair.

“Salinas Mental Health, how may I direct your call?”

Police Chief
Director Sheppard please.

…■holding cells■…

Nick sits with his hands clenched together in his lap, staring at the floor in front of him. He had been moved to his own cell, separated from the other people who were being held following his act of violent self defense. He smirks as he looks over to the next cell, staring at the man whose arm he contorted in unnatural ways. They had simple pulled his arm back into its normal position, then relocated his shoulder, before placing him in an arm sling. The damage had been done. Nick looks back down at the floor in front of him. He closes his eyes and starts to imagine the night before as he waits patiently.

…■The Start of Something New■…
…■Sunday, May 15th 2011■…
…■San Jose, California■…

Tommy Cornell
Get something? Maybe you didn’t understand the plan! He went over it so many times so that we wouldn’t make any changes to it!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
In the end, we all have our own plans, our own motives tonight. It’s alright, I just need to pick something up. You should head to the arena and go in with all the fans, the show should be starting in five minutes.

I looked at Tommy one last time, then walked off into the dark of night. I had been staying at a nearby hotel, that’s where I left the gift I had made for Mr. Shark. I felt as though I owed him for snapping me out of my funk. Not only did I owe him the fight he so desperately wanted from me, the rematch almost two years In the making, but I felt as though I owed him something more. I made it to the hotel with only a few minutes left before I was supposed to meet Shark, but I had so much work done on this gift, that I couldn’t pass up on the chance to give it to him. I made it up to my room and grabbed the black bag, then hurried back down.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Fuck, I’m late!

I ran as fast as I could from the hotel to the arena, slowing down as I got closer. I walked casually around to the back of the building, staying close to the production trucks, blending in with the darkness. I looked around but there was no sign of Shark.

James Shark
Sup nigga.

I was startled. How the hell did he manage to sneak up on me? It was like he was invisible at night. I turned around and looked at him.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
How’s it going Sharky?

James Shark
Good dawg. You ready for this?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I’ve never been more ready for anything.

James Shark
True talk?

I gave him a nod.

James Shark
Good to hear, it’ll make me whoopin your ass all the better.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
How about we make sure I’m part of the IWF first, then we’ll talk about our unfinished business.

James Shark
How’s your jaw?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It’s fine.. How about we go inside before it’s too late?

James Shark
Whatever you say Redicule.

Shark bobbed his head for me to follow him and I did. We walked over to the back door and he pointed for me to stand off to the side. He gave a secret knock to the door and It was quickly opened by Latoya. Shark motions with his hand and we enter the building.

Latoya Banks
Hi Nicky, nice seeing you.

She whispered to me.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You too.

James Shark
Alright dawg, get in.

He pointed at a box used to bring out the ring supplies.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Are you serious?

He gave me the most serious look I had ever seen, so I got into the box. The shut the top of it over me and everything was pitch black. I could only feel the rolling of the box through the arena. The box stopped rolling and I was left wondering what was happening. Had Shark been caught? Was someone about to pull the lid off and ruin everything? Or worse, was someone setting the box up to be destroyed with me inside? I calmed myself down, tried anyway. After waiting, who knows how long, the box began rolling again. Eventually the box stopped and the lid opened. I looked up to see Shark.

James Shark
Get out.

I didn’t hesitate. I got up out of the box and quickly rushed past the gorilla position. I hurried underneath the stage where my elevator was waiting. Shark followed me under the stage.

James Shark
Guess I’ll see you out there dawg.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You will. Hey, what took so long? Why did we stop?

Shark laughed into his hand.

James Shark
Oh, that was nothing. Just, had to give my girl the big twelve incher.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Wait.. You ditched me in the box to go have sex?

James Shark
YUP!

I flipped him off, but he just laughed into his hand, trying not to be too loud.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
That’s fucked up, but I guess I can’t do anything about it…

James Shark
NOPE!

He laughed again.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Until we fight that is.

He stopped laughing, going completely serious. I returned his glance with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.

James Shark
Right.

We had a brief stare down, but it was broken as I remembered his gift. I reached back into the box and grabbed the black bag.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I had something made for you.

James Shark
True talk?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah. As you know, I was the last NLWF Champion. You said you were going to join again because you had become a better fighter, and you wanted to prove it by beating the best in the world. You came and sought me out, even after NLWF was gone and you got me to pull my head out of my ass. So, I had this made for you… Out of the last NLWF Championship.

I put my arm into the bag and pulled out the custom made championship. I handed it to Shark who held in in his hands, mouth agape.

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ Sharkattackp

James Shark
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUM!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

I put my finger to my mouth, trying to shush him. I didn’t give him time to make things awkward with a thank you or anything. I turned my back and entered the elevator, waiting for my time to rise. Waiting for that moment where I would be lifted up to the stage, to make my presence known in IWF.

…■The Man, The Myth, The Master Plan■…
…■Los Angeles, California■…

…■holding cells■…

Nick sits back in his cell, all alone. He watches as Curt Wall walks over to his cell. Nick stands up and casually walks over, leaning into the bars as Curt does the same on the other side.

Curt Wall
A bit of a problem..

…■Nick Ridicule■…
That’s not what I like to hear. Is it a problem that’s a problem, or a problem that can be dealt with.

Curt Wall
It can and is being dealt with. These guys want to take you down bad, they’re willing to do whatever it takes to fulfill your requests.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Perfect. So what’s the problem?

Nick tries to keep his voice down, trying to make sure he can’t be overhead by anyone.

Curt Wall
Dr. Duarte.. She isn’t a member of the Salinas staff anymore. After her work with Corey last year she went into hiding out of fear of her life. She became paranoid that Corey would try to kill her after she shot him down so many times.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So where is she?

Curt Wall
That’s the main problem we’ve got. No one knows. The chief talked with the director of the asylum, but even he is skeptical as to her location. He has a couple of numbers to contact her in case of emergency. That’s the last thing I heard. Maybe you should abandon the plan.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Shut up!

Nick grabs Curt through the jail bars. He pulls him closer, so that his face is pushing against two of the bars.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
The plan is going to proceed as planned. Or maybe you forgot that I turned myself in with gun in hand. They aren’t going to just let me walk out of here. The plan has to work in order for everything to be set right, this is my only chance at truly having a clean slate!

Curt Wall
Nick, I understand. I really get it! But you have to know when you’ve lost. You have to get out of this plan, before it entangles you like the last one!

Nick release Curt, letting him back away from the bars. Nick looks to the ground, then back at Curt.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Listen.. If this plan doesn’t go the way it’s supposed to, then rotting in prison is what I deserve! I need to clear my name.

Curt Wall
Nick..

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Have some faith..

Both men have their attention diverted by the arresting officer of Nick. He stares at the two men, a look of disgust on his face as he approaches.

“Ridicule, prepare to be transferred to the Salinas Mental Asylum.”

Nick smirks a cocky smile at the officer, then looks at Curt with a raised eyebrow. The officers face twitches as he looks at Nick. He turns his back and tries to walk away, but is interrupted by Curt chasing after him.

Curt Wall
Was Dr. Duarte found?

“Unfortunately…. Yes… Dr. Duarte was found.. She‘ll be in tomorrow morning for her first session with that asshole…”

He points back at Nick, listening on from his cell with an even larger smile on his face.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Officer, before you go..

The officer looks over his shoulder back at Nick, who is flipping him the bird.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
FUCKOFF!

Nick laughs and the officer storms off. The other lockups begin to boo as Nick prepares for his release. He flips all of them off as he walks past the bars of their cell. They run over and reach into his cell, except for the man whose shoulder he dislocated. Nick steps back and walks over to the door, waiting to be let out. Several swat enforcers enter the holding area and approach the cell of Nick Ridicule.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Oh bad ass! All of this for little ol me?

The swat team holds shields along with nightsticks. They are heavily covered from head to toe, wearing helmets and bullet proof jackets. One of them steps forward and slides the jail door open.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Cooooooooooool!

A swat officer enters the holding cell and whacks Nick across the face with his nightstick. Nick staggers to the left, but doesn’t fall. He looks back at the swat officer as he begins laughing.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
OUCH! Unnecessary roughness! Police brutality! I know we’re in LA! They’re trying to Rodney King me! BROTHA DOWN! BROTHA DOWN!

Nick stands up and takes a step forward, lifting his arm up, taking a swing at the officer. He punches him to the helmet, then shakes his hand. The officer staggers out of the cell.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
AW, FUCK! I’m Coo coo for cocoa puffs! Silly rabbit tricks are for kids! The white rabbit! I had an LSD trip once and it changed the way I look at everything! Everything is nothing, and…

Before Nick can say another word, two officers enter the cell and hit him to the knees with their nightsticks.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
No mas! No mas! Just carry me to my padded room!

Nick goes completely limp. His eyes shut and he lays motionless on the floor of the cell.

“Is he dead?”

“No, he‘s still breathing, look at his stomach.”

“What‘s that tattoo he‘s got?”

“I don‘t know, lets just carry his ass to the van so we can ship this fucker off already.”

Two more swat officers enter the cell. Two men grab the feet and legs of Nick Ridicule, as two men grab his arms and back. They carry him out of the cell and walk out of the holding area as the rest of the team leads the way. They make it outside, where in the street a van waits. They carry Nick to the van and put him inside, then shut the doors. The van speeds away, on route to Salinas, California.

…■The Man, The Myth, The Arrival■…
…■Salinas, California■…

Once the van arrives at the hospital, three men wait out front. One of the men is wearing a beige jacket, while the other two larger men wear white shirts and pants. One of the men holds a straightjacket in his hands. The two men in white approach the van and open the door, then grab a still passed out Nick Ridicule. One man holds him, as the other places his arms inside the straightjacket. The pull it shut, locking the belt loops as tightly as they can, squeezing Nick inside. They carry him up to the man.

“Is he sleeping? WAKE UP RIDICULE!”

Nicks head hangs down. The man grabs his head and tilts it up, looking at his face. He opens one of Nicks eyes and it rolls to the back of his head as he does.

“Ridicule, I am Director Sheppard. We went to incredible lengths to fulfill your request!”

Director Sheppard stares at the vacant face of Nick Ridicule. He lets his head fall limp, and lets out a sigh.

Director Sheppard
Take him to his room. Dr. Duarte will be in tomorrow morning to get his first confession.

They carry Nick towards the building, then take him inside. Once inside they bring him to his room, carrying his limp body the entire way. Once they make it to the room, Director Sheppard opens the door and watches then bring him into the room. They drop Nick down onto the padded floor. The room is completely empty. Just white padded walls, floors, and even ceiling. The room had a single window, not large and too high to look out of.

Director Sheppard
Enjoy your stay!

He exclaims with sarcasm in his voice and pleased look on his face. The door shuts, then locks. Nick sits up and looks around. He tries to get up, but without the use of his arms due to the jacket, he rolls over. Nick rolls to his back, then pulls his legs up, knees to chest. He snaps back, nipping up to his feet. He feels his legs start to give out, but then puts in a bit more effort and stands up.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I will Director Sheppard! Nice meeting you!

Nick mimics the voice of the director as he stares at the door. He looks around his room, then runs and bounces himself off the padded wall.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Nice!

Nick runs again and jumps, hitting the wall with a shoulder lock, bouncing off the pads. Nick begins to wiggle his body. He lifts and drops his shoulders, then jolts his left shoulder up. It makes a loud popping noise, making Nick giggle. He starts to move his arm around, then he stops. He takes a deep breath and jolts up his right shoulder. It makes a much louder popping sound, followed by a crunch. He bites his lip, then starts to wiggle his arm around. Nick falls to the ground, slipping out of the straightjacket as he rolls backwards, then up to his feet. He lifts his right shoulder and lets it drop back into place, then he reaches over to his left arm and resets it. Nick brushes himself off, then picks up the straightjacket and lays it down, folding it up. He lays down, placing his head on it. Then he fades away into sleep.

Last edited by Nick Ridicule on Mon May 23, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■   ■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm

…■The Man, The Myth, The Salinas Mental Asylum■…
…■Tuesday, May 17th 2011■…
…■Salinas, California■…

Doctor’s Notes: 5/17
I was finally starting to get my life back together again. The nightmares had ended. I could sleep an entire night through, with peace of mind. When the phone rang, I knew it couldn’t be good news. I used to be such a positive person, but all that was over now.

“We need you to come back.” The first thing Director Sheppard said to me. Not hello, not how are you, If I wasn’t so familiar with his voice, I wouldn’t have even known who it was. He explained to me very little about the man who requested me. His details were sketchy at best. But once he said that it involved Corey Casey.. No, not Corey…. But The Lord…

Well, I couldn’t stay away. Maybe this would finally put an end to the nightmares. This could be my chance to make right, what I failed to make right last year. I made saving Corey Casey my highest priority and I thought I had gotten through to him… Instead, I became so twisted into his world that I couldn’t escape it.

Nick Ridicule is his name, but that’s foolish. I shall call him by his birth name, Alexander Mark. He is now my highest priority, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure this time, I don’t fail.

Dr. Duarte arrives in a cab, staring at the Salinas Mental institution where she spent so many years of her career. It was a little over a year ago she watched Corey Casey be dragged into that building. She tries to clear it from her head, but it feels like only yesterday. She pays the cab driver and steps out of the cab.

Dr. Duarte
Keep the change.

She steps lightly toward the building, her eyes filled with terror. She shakes it off, looking down at the ground, hurrying her pace toward the building, She rushes in and looks to the front counter.

“Oh my god, Krysten! It‘s so nice to see you again!”

She looks at the receptionist at the front desk, flashing a smile.

“I‘ll inform Director Sheppard you‘re here!”

Dr. Duarte walks around, looking at all the things that brought back memories of the year before. She sits down, but stands back up immediately as Director Sheppard enters. He motions for her to follow him, and she obliges.

Director Sheppard
We didn’t want to deal with him this morning, so we just left him in his room as we waited for you.

Dr. Duarte
My flight was a bit delayed. When was the last time he ate anything?

Director Sheppard
Who cares! Just get his confession and get out! We wouldn’t want us another situation like last year, would we?

Dr. Duarte looks down, pouting.

Director Sheppard
Exactly! Just get what we need out of him and you can go back to your hidden little world.

They make it to room and the Director unlocks the door. He opens it and Dr. Duarte looks into the room. Nick is sitting in the middle of the room, his legs crossed in front of him, with his palms up. His eyes are closed and all he does is breath in and out.

Dr. Duarte
Why isn’t he in his straightjacket?

Direct Sheppard looks into the room shocked. Nick opens his eyes and he smiles at the bewildered faces of Director Sheppard and Dr. Duarte. He quickly ascends up to a standing position and steps forward.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I thought you wouldn’t show.

He stares at Dr. Duarte, studying her features. Her hair is brown, but it’s clear to Nick it’s not her natural hair color. He looks into her eyes and it puts a smile on his face.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Allow me, to introduce me. I’m Nick Ridicule.

Nick extends his hand as he continues to stare into her eyes. She extends her hand to him, t hen places her much smaller hand, into his.

Dr. Duarte
Krysten Duarte. It’s nice to meet you Alex.

Nick releases her hand, letting it fall back to her. His facial expression changes drastically.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
My name..

He stares into her eyes, no longer smiling.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Is Nick.

Dr. Duarte
I have to go by what my paperwork says….

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Well does your paperwork tell you that my middle name is Nicholas? That I had my name changed legally and would appreciate if you used my name and not the name given to me by two people who would abandon their baby.

A slight tone of anger fills his voice as he speaks. She shakes her head.

Dr. Duarte
I’m… I’m sorry, I didn’t know… It’s nice to meet you, Nick.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I wish I could say the same, Dr. Duarte.

She gulps, feeling bad about having messed up their first encounter.

Dr. Duarte
You can call me Krysten…

She says softly, fear in her voice.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
How about we keep things professional doc. We wouldn’t want you becoming infatuated with me, like your last client.

Nick smiles as she closes her eyes, hanging her head in shame. She nods, then looks at him, doing her best to fake a smile.

Dr. Duarte
Noted…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Well…

Dr. Duarte
Well what?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
SHALL WE DANCE!?

He extends his hand to her and looks up, holding his other hand up above his head, preparing for a dance.

Dr. Duarte
Excuse me?

Nick drops his arms and his facial expression, looking at her dead serious.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Are we going to your office or not?

Dr. Duarte
Oh…

Dr. Duarte feels foolish. She looks back at Director Sheppard who only shakes his head as he stares at Nick. Nick smiles and waves at Director Sheppard until he looks at Dr. Duarte.

Director Sheppard
Your old office is ready.

Director Sheppard looks at Nick Ridicule.

Director Sheppard
How did you get out of your straightjacket?

Nick holds up a finger, shaking it back and forth.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Ah, dear Director.. I don’t kiss and tell!

Director Sheppard
What does that have to do with anything? You’re a lunatic and you deserved to be locked up!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yeah.. And?

Director Sheppard lets out a growl, irritated beyond belief.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Why don’t you tell me something I don’t know or am not aware of. Remember doc and director, it is I who checked myself into here! Free of charge and I got the doctor I wanted, thanks to our fine police!

Director Sheppard
JUST SHUT UP AND FOLLOW ME!

Dr. Duarte
Director!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Temper, temper!

Nick follows Dr. Duarte, who follows Director Sheppard side by side. They pass by the cafeteria and Nick spins around, then enters. They continue to walk down the hall, not noticing Nick is gone.

Director Sheppard
That’s more like it!

They pass by the other end of the cafeteria and Nick emerges with a lunch tray full of food. He takes his position behind them again, as if he was never gone. They make it to the office and Director Sheppard looks at Nick with his tray of food.

Director Sheppard
Where did you get that!?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Thefuck do you think I got it?

The director doesn’t bother responding. He looks at Dr. Duarte, grinding his teeth.

Director Sheppard
He’s your problem now!

The Director hurries away and Nick waves with his middle finger.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Bye Director!

Dr. Duarte hides a smile, turning quickly as Nick looks at her, entering the office. She reaches over and flips on the light switch, just like she used to. The lights turn on and she can remember looking at Corey Casey in that very office. She remembered all the things he told her.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So I should just make myself comfortable?

Nick sits behind her desk, putting his food down on it. He takes a bite of his ham sandwich, then shakes up his chocolate milk.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Have a seat Dr. Duarte!

He extends his hand out, offering her the seat in front of her desk.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I see you don’t have any toys in here, I’m a bit disappointed by that. I was looking forward to playing with something.

Dr. Duarte
This isn’t how my office looked when it was my office.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Oh. Well did you have toys?

Dr. Duarte
No…

Nick shakes his head and takes another bite from his sandwich.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
So where were you hiding? Where was your chosen spot?

Dr. Duarte
Why does it matter? It doesn’t have anything to do with why we’re here.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong… We’re here to get to know each other. If I’m going to express myself to you, I have to know you. I have to understand why you were able to help Corey Casey, even if it was only to help him destroy me.

Dr. Duarte
I don’t understand. I helped…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
That’s because you’re not supposed to understand. Not yet anyway, we just met! Not to mention you made a horrible first impression! Late, then you insult me, forcing me to retaliate and insult you back. You think I enjoy being an asshole? I don’t. I want to be a good person. But when someone comes at me like that, it’s only natural for me to, kung fu you.

Dr. Duarte
Kung fu?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Yes. I use you, on you.

Dr. Duarte
Interesting.

Dr. Duarte reaches into the chest pocket of her jacket and pulls out a small notebook. She opens it and writes something down, then looks at Nick across the table, giving her a puzzled look.

Dr. Duarte
You don’t mind if I take notes, do you?

Nick looks on, then opens his milk and takes a drink. He looks at her with a chocolate milk mustache.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
By all means.

She finishes writing and places her pad down in her lap.

Dr. Duarte
Do you mind if I ask you a question? Since we’re getting to know each other, and it’s been on my mind.

Nick smiles as he finishes his milk.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You just asked me a question, what stopped you from just asking? But yes, you can ask me anything, even another question.

She ignores his smart remarks takes a breath as she prepares to ask.

Dr. Duarte
How did you get out of the straightjacket?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Awww, curiosity is killing you, is it?

Dr. Duarte
I don’t have to know, but yes, I am curious.

Nick sits back in her chair, looking over the desk at her as he throws his feet up.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Not really the first story I wanted to tell you, but it’s a great start in getting to know me a little better. I can dislocate my shoulders. Once they are dislocated, I can maneuver my way down and out of the straightjacket. Would you like to know how I gained this ability?

Dr. Duarte
Yes please.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Let me think of what the date was… Can you.. Not look at me?

Dr. Duarte
What?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I can’t focus if I know you’re looking at me.

Dr. Duarte
Ok, whatever helps.

Dr. Duarte turns around in her chair. Nick smiles and he closes his eyes, sitting up straight. He takes a breath and focuses himself.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Alright.. It’s coming back to me…

Dr. Duarte slowly turns around in her chair, looking at Nick. His entire being is calm, just like it was when she first saw him. She smiles as she gets a good look at him, for the first time since meeting him.

…■The Man, The Myth, The First Fight■…
…■Wednesday, March 6th 1996■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

It was the day after my fifth birthday. I can remember it clearly now. As I mentioned earlier, my parents left me on the doorstep of an orphanage when I was just a baby. I wasn’t adopted though, for reasons I could never understand, until recently. But we’ll discuss that another time. Right now I can remember getting a bicycle for my birthday. It was an amazing bike. Actually, it was probably a piece of shit, because it was donated, but to me it was the greatest thing I had ever seen or received. I rode that bike all day. Rode it to my first day of school. Rode it during recess. I even rode it back. The school was connected to the orphanage, but I felt amazing.

“Nice bike!”

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Thanks.

“Give it to me!”

…■Nick Ridicule■…
No thanks!

He shoved me off my bike, sending me down to the pavement where I scrapped my arm on the ground. I remember the stinging sensation. It didn’t hurt, it sort of tickled. I got to my feet and even though the kid was much larger, he must have been twice my age, thrice my size!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Don’t touch my bike!

I clenched my fists and approached him, throwing wild punches. I hit him to the chest a few times, but he just laughed at me.

“Get out of my way kid!”

He shoved me to the ground again, this time with some added force. I fell hard, but nothing was going to keep me down, keep me from defending the only thing I had. I got up and jumped on his back, trying to lock my arms around his neck. It was no use though as he flipped me forward off of him. He lifted my bike and threw it down on top of me.

“This is my bike now!”

He pulled it off of me, then grabbed my legs and dragged me across the playground. He let my go and walked back over to the bike. I got back up, no willing to stay down. I ran as fast as my little legs would take me, but not away, or for help. I ran at him, head on. He punched me to the face.

“What are you, stupid?”

He punched me again and again, finally able to knock me off my feet.

“Stay down!”

He touched my bike, trying to position himself before he could lift himself onto it. I got up to my feet, a bit delirious, but willing and able. I ran at him and gave him a shove with all my might, sending him tumbling over the bike, down the ground on the other side. I’ll never forget the next four words to come out of my mouth. I was just five at the time, mind you.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I’m ready to die!

He got up to his feet, looking at me with so much hate in his eyes. Once he heard my words though, that look of hate, turned into a look of fear. It’s a look I’ve come to know better than any other. He pushes the bike aside, clearing the gap between us.

“Well, I‘m going to kill you!”

He stepped forward and blasted me with another punch. I tried to hit him first, but the size disadvantage and the fact that I had never fought before made the odds insurmountable. This time he didn’t stop once I had hit the ground. He stood over me and began to stomp me. He was trying to stomp me to the face or my head, but I used my shoulder to block his attempts. He grabbed my arm and dragged me over to the park. I tried to get up, but he stomped me down again.

“Just stop fighting!”

He brought me over to the spin wheel, placing my arm around one of the bars. He grabbed on and began to spin it, dragging me through the sand by my arm. He released the spin wheel and let the force continue to drag me around like a rag doll. My arm had been ripped out of the socket. I saw him walking away, header towards the bike. I pulled myself up, pulling my arm free. It was completely limp and I couldn’t even move it, but that didn’t stop me. I limped my way over to him, just as he was able to get onto my bike.

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU KID!?”

He tried to ride away, tried to escape me.. ME. The kid who he just beat the hell out of, yet it was him who was running away. I chased after him, running as faster than I thought I could run. Faster than I had ever run. I was able to catch up to him. He breathed heavily, huffing and puffing in oxygen.

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU PSYCHO!”

I jumped up onto the bike with him, stepping on the training wheel closest to me. He pushed me, forcing me off the bike, but I grabbed onto the bottom of it with my one working arm, my left. The back wheel rolled over my arm as he peddled as fast as his fat little legs would go, but it was clear he was exhausted and terrified. As the bike ran over my arm, it tilted, sending him crashing down into the pavement. He landed face first, knocking out almost all of his teeth. He screamed and cried, gasping for air as hard as he could. I got to my feet and walked over to my bike, using my left arm to pull it away from him. I walked away with my bike, making it inside the orphanage. That’s where I passed out.

…■The Man, The Myth, The Salinas Mental Asylum■…
…■Tuesday, May 17th 2011■…
…■Salinas, California■…

Nick slowly opens his eyes, looking at Dr. Duarte with tears filling her eyes as she stares at him. Her mouth is slightly agape.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
My right arm was the one that took most of the damage. It’s the one that dislocates and relocates easiest. It’s the left one that gives me trouble. My arm was dislocated on the right side at both the shoulder and the elbow. Miraculously none of my bones were broken. My face was a mess for awhile, but the swelling and cuts went away in time.

Dr. Duarte continues to stare at him speechless.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I can see you listen very well doc, it’s been a bit of a disappointment meeting you today.

She regains her composure, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Dr. Duarte
What do you mean? You had my total and undivided attention!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I see that, yet you didn’t listen to my request for you to not look at me as I told you this tidbit of my past. If you don’t respect what I ask of you, how can I trust you’ll be able to help me?

Dr. Duarte
I apologize..

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It’s not necessary, please return me to my padded room.

Nick stands up and walks over the door, crossing his arms with his back turned to her. She stands up.

Dr. Duarte
Don’t you want to continue your session?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Our session should have started two hours before it did. You got what you showed up for.

Dr. Duarte
What about your confession?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Do you really think after the first impression you’ve left on me here today, that I would tell you something like I planned on telling you? I was expecting so much more. Guess that’s my fault for getting my hopes up, a lesson I have learned from just about everyone I have ever met.

Dr. Duarte
The deal was you would confess to a murder each day…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
The deal was, whatever I say the deal was. Now take me to my room or I’ll never speak to you again.

Dr. Duarte hangs her head as she walks over and opens the door of her office. They step out and she escorts Nick back to his room.

Dr. Duarte
Inmates are required to wear straightjackets, are you above that rule as well?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I make my own rules. That’s kind of the perk of being a law unto yourself. If it’s not one of my rules, than it isn’t a rule to me. You can follow whatever set of rules you want, but I’m going to do the same and follow whatever set of rules I want.

Dr. Duarte
I figured…

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Anyway, you’ve spent part of your afternoon with me, do you consider me a danger to myself or anyone else?

Dr. Duarte
A danger to yourself, yes! A danger to anyone else, yes! You’re a fighter!

…■Nick Ridicule■…
With more self control than anyone you will have the pleasure of meeting. Yes, I’m a loose cannon and can shift from this Nick, to that Nick, in a matter of seconds, but when my instincts take over, I gotta do what I gotta do.

Dr. Duarte
Whatever you say.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
You don’t seem to be afraid of me.

Dr. Duarte
You haven’t given me reason to be afraid of you.

Nick smirks.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I like that.

They make it outside his room. Nick stands back, allowing her to open the door. As she does, he steps into the room and makes his way to the center. He drops down into cross leg seated position, then he places his hands on his knees, palms out.

Dr. Duarte
You really like to meditate, don’t you?

…■Nick Ridicule■…
It’s the only way for me to connect with myself with no distractions. How else would I be able to do the impossible? I have to bring the world I experience while meditating, into the world I know when my eyes are open. I have to bring no limits, into a place where there are rules and laws.. Know what I mean?

Dr. Duarte
I like that. Yeah, I think I know what you mean.

She smiles at Nick, who smiles back, then shuts his eyes. Dr. Duarte opens her mouth to say something, but she decides against it and turns around, shutting the door and locking it behind her.

…■The Massacre■…

Calling this a match would mean that it’s going to be competitive. It would mean that Corey Casey is going to give me a run for my money, a battle of a lifetime, the fight I deserve. But that’s asking far too much of Corey Casey, I mean, he is a jobber, right?

I was told my debut would be against a jobber, and the IWF delivered me Corey Casey. The man who was the first ever IWF Champion non the less. Hey Corey, remember when you said I handed myself things because I owned the NLWF, even though my reign as NLWF owner was only for about three months. Remember when you said I never earned anything. That I didn’t work from the bottom like everyone else.

Remember when I told you last week, that pretty much anything you had to say to me, was really things you had to say to yourself. I told you that I was going to get you a mirror, that way when you allowed that blasphemous filth to escape your lips, at least you would be telling the truth for once.

I didn’t buy you a mirror unfortunately, so I’m just going to have to do the trick myself. You were the first IWF Champion, in the company that you started from the ashes of the NLWF. You were the first champion, in your company..

Nuff said.

Remember when you told me IWF has respect for its champions, that’s why you wont see any seven day title reigns! I guess instead we’ll have to settle for twenty-one day title reigns, where you don’t defend the belt for three weeks, you hold onto it as if it’s something you didn’t really earn, then you lose it in your first title defense.

Some things never change.

But hey, IWF respects its champions! Just make sure you read the fine print. IWF respects its champions, as long as its champion is Corey Casey. But not even as the owner of IWF, handing yourself ANOTHER title reign..

Detour for a second.. Have you ever won a title through hard work and dedication? That’s not even a rhetorical question, I’m curious to see if you believe you have. Because I can’t remember a time in NLWF where Corey Casey worked hard to win a major title, then defended the belt with honor and held it longer than a month.

Never happened.

How about in the IWF though? I’m not too fresh on my IWF history, having only gotten here last week, but maybe you can answer my question. I seem to remember Corey beating up a woman who should have been the World Champion, then ripping off Brandon Macdonald to take the IWF title in the first place.

Now in the biggest match of YOUR life, not mine, the match you personally asked for, booked yourself, your chance to shut me up, shut me down, remove me from your “perfect” company, a chance to put two years of failing to rest and clear your slate once and for all…

And this is the fight I get from you?

Nothing has changed.

You’re incapable of change.

Yet you want to call me a broken record. Pretty funny considering I’ve run circles around you this week, with fresh and new material each time over. While you are still doing your lame little shoots. Your sad attempts to get past my nearly indestructible armor.

Even worse is, you’re back tracking. You’re evolving backwards into the man.. Or Lord rather.. That you used to be.. Yet you bitched and complained for months that I asked for godlike treatment in our final days in the NLWF.

At least I deserve it. At least I earned that sort of recognition. At least I’m evolved enough to know what an asshole I was for trying something like that, even though it served its purpose of setting me free.

But look at you. You’re trying to be something, that you never really were. You want sooooooo desperately to be on the level of Brenton Cyrus, the level of Chuck Matthews, the level of myself, Nick F’N Ridicule, yet you don’t have the drive or perseverance to be a god, a lord, to have people look up to you as an inspiration.

My favorite part about last year in NLWF, was what I did. Not only was I able to achieve my lifelong dream of holding all the major titles. But that lifelong dream was so nice, I achieved it twice before any other man. Not only was I voted Wrestler of the Year, an honor I look to duplicate here in IWF. But I was able to motivate people to be the best they could be.

I’ll explain what I mean. You ask just about anyone who was in the NLWF, and they’ll tell you that the person they enjoyed fighting the most, the person who got them the most fired up for a fight, is yours truly. Just seeing your name next to mine was an extra kick in the ass to push yourself past what you felt your limits were. Guys like Ryan Apollos would step up to main event quality, just because he was in a match against me.

They used to say I could go out and fight a broomstick, and still have a high quality match, because even a broomstick would want to prove itself against Nick Ridicule.

I always delivered the best matches, no matter who it was I was fighting that night. However, one man just never was able to step up against me. Sure he would try, but when you’re always the same, your quality stays consistently the same. He never raised the bar, he never lowered the bar, he just came out and more often than not, got his ass kicked by me.

Do you know who I’m talking about?

Corey Casey.

Sure, he says he’s motivated to fight me, he says the same shit each time, he always claims that he’s going to be the one to release me from my body, from this world.

Yet, when it’s time to put up or shut up, he chokes. Just look at this week for example. I’m tired, I’m over trained, overworked, under the weather, under motivated and I’m still going to destroy this guy as if he’s not deserving of a main event match at a pay per view.

Corey has been here for months. Corey has bitched about me for months. Corey has a chance to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Unfortunately, Corey Casey isn’t good enough to carry my jockstrap, let alone step into the squared circle with me, surrounded by The Lords Final Resting Place, AKA Isolation Dome.

Instead you missed your golden opportunity.

See, while others are motivated by the chance to beat the best in the entire world. Corey Casey is afraid. He knows he has no chance of beating me, he knows that from experience. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to get excited about steeping into a fight with him. I’ve done this before. I thought IWF was going to bring me something new. But I guess in order to move forward, you have to start with the past. Hopefully this week I’ve put the past to rest. Because at Isolation, I’ll be putting Corey Casey to rest.

Mark my words.

…■The Graveyard■…
…■Sunday, May 22nd 2011■…
…■Miami, Florida■…

…■Nick Ridicule■…

This is where it all began for me. Where my career truly began!

Nick stands in the dark, outside a graveyard. He looks at the fence, then pushes through it and walks down the path.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
This is the final place Brenton took me while he had me “kidnapped” before the first ever War Games event. It’s the place where they buried Samantha Mark, the greatest woman I have ever known.

Nick continues to walk the path, passing tombstone after tombstone on both sides of him. He passes by a tree as he ascends a hill, then comes down the other side of it. He approaches one of the tombstones, leaving the trail.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
Here it is.. He grave.. It was here where I was tied to a chair as I watched Brenton verbally destroy the man I knew as my father, Johnny Stylez.

Nick points to a spot, then stands there, looking at the tombstone.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
His words cut through me, they broke me. Brenton and Chuck broke me with Salvation. They killed me. But in order to truly live, you must die. It would turn into the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn’t trust them while I suffered through it all, but when it was said and done, they had changed me. They had made me better. They had made me the best of both worlds.

He points at the grave.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I watched Brenton dig up her grave .Watched him piss on her corpse as taunted me, taunted Johnny. It broke me. It killed me. It was like my heart stopped, skipped a few beats letting me die, before it started again. I was reborn.

Nick runs his hand over his head, pulling his hood off, revealing his blue Mohawk.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
I owe them everything. Everything I have done, everything I’ve experienced over the last two years, the good and the bad, I owe to them. That is why I see them as gods. That is why my appreciation for them was for so long, undying. Once I met Ashley, I experienced that same thing. My heart stopped, I was dead, but then I was reborn. She became my everything. She convinced me that I was god, and that all the two of them did for me was hold me back, torture me for the hell of it. She changed my perspective on both of them, and I saw them in a new light, as a new man.

Nick walks away from the gravesite, following the trail again, back up to the top of the hill.

…■Nick Ridicule■…
They knew that they made me, they knew they could break me, and break me they did. I said before that I never appreciated Chucks master plan, until now that I’ve had time to look back and reflect on it. They took what they had made, what had evolved, what had become the best and they broke it because it stopped showing appreciation. They turned me into Corey Casey… Put me down at his level.. To the point where I was forced to team with him, to be side by side with him. They turned me into that asshole, then offered to save me again… I declined. I had stooped so low. Been turned into such a monster. Such a douche bag that I couldn’t even be saved by the two men I love and respect as if they were my fathers. Sure, I was able to overcome the plan that made everything right.. But it took so much fight out of me.. That my bike was anyone’s for the taking.

Nick snaps his fingers and a flash of lightning strikes the nearby tree. Following the flash, Nick is no longer standing in the graveyard. He is instead at the former city of Salvation, at the top of the hill, where the crucified victims of a Salvation poisoned by Corey Casey buried victims underneath crucified statues of that person. Nick stares at the field of crucifix statues, the hillside covered. He points up and a statue of a crucifed Corey Casey stands tall behind him. He points down and next to him, n front of the statues is a dug out grave. Nick spikes a shovel down into the ground beside him and crosses his arms. It begins to rain bloodlike red liquid all around. Another flash of lightning strikes, bringing everything to a black nothingness.

…■The Draft■…

I’ve been branded.

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■ CataclysmLogo

Oh, that is CLASSIC! Nick Ridicule the first shown pick of the draft. The main event of the next event. Allow me to define Cataclysm.

cat·a·clysm

1. any violent upheaval, especially one of a social or political nature.

2. a sudden and violent physical action producing changes in the earth's surface.

3. an extensive flood; deluge.

4. Nick Ridicule in IWF.

I’m excited to compete brand against brand for company supremacy. I know we wont get to fight any of the guys on the other show, maybe at pay per views, but I do know we’ll be able to beat them in the ratings each week.

Cataclysm dominated the draft! It’s not even fair when you compare the talent on our show, to the lack of talent on Showtime. In the week I’ve been a part of the IWF, I’ve been the most watched, most talked about wrestler in the world. Once I made my debut, the level of fear of Nick Ridicule rose even higher than it was before.

I haven’t even debuted in a match yet! Give me some time to show you how amazing I am in the ring before you piss yourselves and try to hide from me. Rumor has it, once I was drafted to the A show Cataclysm, several wrestlers said they refused to be on the same show.

I wonder why that is.. Why wouldn’t you want a chance to fight the guy who is widely considered the best ever? James Shark has the right attitude! He was so disappointed that I wasn’t on the IWF roster, that he wouldn’t get the chance to whoop my ass, that he actually sought me out and convinced me to give it a try.

But he’s not the only one. I got emails from several people who just wanted to tell me things weren’t the same without me. How could they be? I’m one of a kind. So outrageous, so ridiculous, that a world without me just doesn’t seem like one worth living in. That’s one of the main reasons I laugh at Corey Casey as he preaches his garbage of no one caring, of no one wanting me here. The way Corey desribed IWF you would think this was a fucking team sport or some shit.

What’s next Corey, is IWF going to issue some rule where everyone wins so that no one gets his feelings hurt? That’s fucking stupid. You made your company look fucking stupid with that garbage. We’re trained fighters who go out to beat the hell out of each other,. To test skill, brains, will, strength, anything you can think of, we test it against each other each and every week.

You’re supposed to be some psychotic killer?

I thought The Lord was coming back.

INSTEAD OF BOWSER, I GOT BARNEY THE DINOSAUR!

I WANT MY FUCKING REFUND!

This is the kind of shit that makes me say you’re pathetic. This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder why the fuck you even waste your time with this. Clearly you don’t want this as much as I do. Clearly you aren’t as fucking determined, as fucking motivated, as fired up as I am!

Pathetic is the word that describes you. All week I’ve proven that. I haven’t just said you’re pathetic, but I showed everyone just how pathetic you truly are. Now no one will go back to looking at you the same as they did before I set fire to your lies.

I feel as though I’ve wasted my time this week. Like I’ve wasted my breath. I trained this hard for this? I put this much fight up for this?

WE ARE MAIN EVENTING A PAY PER VIEW YOU DOUCHE! WE ARE MAIN EVENTING A PAY PER VIEW FOR YOUR COMPANY DOUCHE! Actually, I take that back..

I AM MAIN EVENTING THIS PAY PER VIEW YOU DOUCHE! I AM MAIN EVENTING A PAY PER VIEW FOR YOUR COMPANY YOU DOUCHE! THE GUY YOU CLAIMED WAS EVIL!

I’m doing that. You had a chance to join me.

But you failed again.

Nothing has changed. That’s what I’ve learned this week. Actually, everything has changed, except Corey Casey. IWF is the best company in the world right now. That is why I am here. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I plan on beating everyone, every week.

You should have just let me walk away. You couldn’t have just let me leave? You finally had destroyed me. It wasn’t in a match. It wasn’t in a fight. But you were a major part of my demise, even if you were just a puppet with Chuck pulling the strings.

I was done. I was done with this. The fight had finally left me and I had given up. My heart stopped, but it didn’t restart, I wasn’t reborn, I was dead.

You have no one to blame but yourself for me being here. Because it is your big mouth that got things beating again. It’s your big mouth that put that fight back into my heart. It’s your big mouth and all the lies you decided to tell about me, that brought Nick Ridicule back from the dead.

One final question Casey and I’ll be done setting you straight. I’ll have cancelled out months of your filth, in only one week.

No, I’m not going to ask if you are saved. You can’t be saved.

The one question on my mind is a pretty easy one actually.

Did you miss me?

CAUSE I AM BACK!

Back to top Go down

■The Man, The Myth, The End of Corey Casey■
Page 1 of 1