Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter 14 Happy Days

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Chapter 14 Happy Days Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 14 Happy Days   Chapter 14 Happy Days I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chapter 14 Happy Days

Christine walked over to Dan. Their eyes met. He had not looked at her this way since they first met.

They had first met backstage during a meeting for an upcoming match between Dan and Ellis. Christine performed in ring managerial duties for Ellis. Out of the ring they had a relationship. Dan was jealous of that and everything else about Ellis. Ellis was getting the push from management. They thought Dan was green, but he was green in a different way.

Dan stands after a spine riveting suplex. He slowly gets up as the crowd gets behind his opponent "The Edifier". Edifier gestures to the crowd and runs to the ropes. He rebounds and goes into a spear using the new found momentum. Dan slowly turns around and jumps into the air. He quickly grabs an arm of the Edifier as the two nearly fall out of the ring. Dan and Edifier both adjust as Dan tries to lock in the armbar. Edifier realizes there is a small package opportunity and capitalizes.

Dan kicks out but has to let go of the armbar. Edifier runs to the opposite ropes and tries for a clothesline but Dan ducks out of the way. Edifier turns around and is met with a foot to his face.

3!

The bell rings as Dan gets up and has his hands raised by the referee. Edifier lies on the floor devastated by a patented Jumping Superkick as the fans cheer.

Announcer: You're winner and still The ASWF Elite Champion... Dan ALEXANDER!

Cut to Backstage no camera.

Dan, still in wrestling gear, walks backstage. He walks past as his peers who commend him on his good work.

Staff person: Manager wants to talk to you.

Dan: Nods

Cut to Manager's office.

Manager: Great work out there.

Dan: Thanks.

Manager: I was worried though. Could have been another accident... it was risky for you to try that.

Dan looks to the floor.

Manager: We can't have many of those accidents happening even if it was just one. I appreciate you holding back on that move, but I am still a little annoyed that you tried it in the first place. Then again, it’s what sells tickets.

Dan: Look, it's a real move. I know the technique, I've studied...

The manager cuts him off...

Manager: I understand that it’s a real move, and that's why you can't use it. I don't care if you have a black belt in whatever. Just lay it off for now.

An awkward pause happens for a few seconds.

Manager: However you probably won't have to for much longer. You've been offered a contract kid.

Dan looks up.

Manager: UWA promotion wants you. You'll be working the undercard and dark matches for a while but it will be worth a lot more money than what you're making over here. You start next week kid. Pack your stuff, you're leaving.

Cut to ASWF Backstage.

Dan walks around for the last time. He sees Edifier. They both look at each other. Edifier walks up to him.

Edifier: Great match out there tonight.

Dan: Yeah.

Edifier: I heard about you know what... sad to see you go.

Dan nods and starts to walk off.

Edifier: Wait; don't feel bad about what happened. It wasn't you're fault. Stuff happens. It was a close call tonight but it turned out fine.

Cut to Dan driving on the highway.

He is about an hour from the Rose Garden. He shifts into fifth gear as he starts to do 60. It was only 4 days after his last match in ASWF. He had received calls from Commissioner Davey Boone asking him to take the match with Gabriel Ellis. Dan knew he could work any match given his extensive background and resume. While he hadn't held many World Titles or garnered the attention of many during his pro wrestling career, not many could doubt his skills. He was, for all intensive purposes, a real martial artist. At an early age his father had trained him in boxing as that was his own trade. While his father never became a full blown star, he thought his son would someday. During his teenage years Dan competed in some amateur fights. He showed a lot of promise winning 4 out of 6 fights. After being knocked out on his last fight he did not want to compete anymore much to the dismay of his father. He then took up some wrestling and a few other arts such as Judo and Jui Jitsu. As the world of combat sports evolved his father tried to persuade him to pursue a career of being a fighter, but Dan had ideas of his own. He had watched pro wrestling and realized it was truly an art that he could commit his life to.

He took a right turn into the exit ramp. He looked at the time: 12:30. He reached a Holiday Inn and lodged in for the night.

Cut to UWA Backstage: DAY 1

Dan had just finished talking to the Commissioner and Gabriel Ellis. From what he can recall it was a midsized room with a desk and a few computer chairs. He spoke to both Commissioner Davey Boone and Gabriel Ellis but Christine Willyard was present as well. She sat in a corner and watched the three men speak. The conversation was equal parts the welcoming of Dan and discussion of the Limelight match that was to occur. The meeting of Gabriel Ellis was short and prompt. Dan was used to that. He didn't have many personal friends. He was always too involved in his own activities. Very few relationships could last with that level of absorption or obsession. The point of the meeting was that Dan would get a win over Gabriel that would lead to a short rivalry. Davey Boone was a little squirrely on the details of the rivalry and stated that nothing was guaranteed, not even Dan's victory at that point. While his memory was a bit quaint, he could not forget looking over at Christine once. She had her legs cross with a business skirt and blazer on. Her pink blouse showed a little. She was looking at a stack of books that were lying on the carpet. While Dan was looking at her she suddenly turned her face towards him. He realized she was looking back at him and turned back to Davey Boone who was showing the number of Ellis T-Shirts that were sold before and after the PPV. Ellis was highly interested and was leaning over the table to look at the figures. Dan tried to recall if Christine had seen him from the corner of her eye. How would he know? From that angle all she needed was her peripheral vision. Dan's ears started to turn red.

Dan to himself: Shit... What the f... you know you can't do this...

He fought the urge to turn around again.

Dan to himself: Idiot, she will be waiting for you to turn around. Then you will look like a moron.

The thoughts seemed to go on for hours when all of a sudden Commissioner Davey Boone stood up and called an end to the meeting. From there they all shook hands. Dan watched as Christine and Ellis took each other's arms and headed for the door. He read Christine's actions and looked away just as she turned for a look at him. Ellis didn't seem to notice. The door shuts close. Dan waits a few seconds then walks towards the door. Davey Boone clears his throat.

Davey Boone: You're contract has been instated and you have permission to do the promo you requested.

Dan: Yeah, I know... thanks.

Dan heads for the door again.

Davey Boone: And ummm... you also have MY permission... To do what you need to do in the match...

Dan looks at the floor.

Dan: Yeah, I know...

Cut to Holiday Inn room 114.

He replayed what had happened earlier in his head. He couldn't stop focusing on one detail. He had looked at Christine in an inappropriate way. He couldn't let himself do that. Though, he hadn't felt that way in years...

Cut to UWA Backstage: DAY 2

Dan stands in front of a camera man with his wrestling gear on.

Camera man: 1... 2.. and action!

Dan looks at the camera for a full minute without speaking. In his head he had already thought of what to say. He just needed to get into character. The camera man hesitates to cut the film and is about to when Dan starts speaking.

Dan: I know… I'm the new guy.

Dan looks off in the distance then back at the camera with a smirk on his face.

Dan: So is Gabriel Ellis. Well, he was until he made his debut at Destiny Rising. Now all of you are eating out of his hands. Yes you are. ALL OF YOU!

Dan had switched to a serious demeanor, but quickly gives a chuckle and smiles again.

Dan: You see... you all see. That some new wrestler, some new performer, some new clown dances in that ring every night for you. Yeah, that’s all they are, clowns. Little rodeo clowns who buck around and get tossed from ring to ring. Getting bumps and bruises, and inevitable injuries. For what? For a few claps that last a second or two...

Dan mocks applause.

Dan: Well, I'm no clown. I am not you're paper hero who tap dances and jumps through hoops for you. I am Dan Alexander. I have accomplished more than any of those other so called "Superstars". If Gabriel Ellis wants to run his little mouth on and on about his plans of being a main eventer and going through other superstars then he can. But he won't be going through me.

Dan turns to the camera man with a mean look on his face. He walks up to him and starts shoving him.

Camera man: What the F... man what the...

The camera man runs before Dan gets a clean hit in. Dan has gone a little off screen so he adjusts the camera to face him.

Dan: Not through me...

He turns away and walks from the camera.

Christine
Dan

Dan
Christine

Christine ran over to the bed and put her arms around him. It felt comforting. More comforting than anything he had felt in the past few days. He barely remembered what happened, but he recalled the situation that Joe was in.

Dan
What happened? What happened to Dave?

Christine
Shh. Calm down.

Christine laid Dan back down on the bed. He had sat upright suddenly when his concerned was raised about the situation.

Christine
He's fine. The cops saved him.

Dan
Thank God.

Christine
You know you don't believe in God.

Dan
What...?

Christine looked at him with pleasant and pretty eyes. Her smile grew more prettier and brighter.

Dan
What did you just say?

Dan looked bewildered at her.

Christine
Calm down. I said I'll be right back. I need to use the restroom.

With that she got up and walked. She smiled at him as she shut the door behind her. Dan wondered what she had meant.

You know what she meant.

Dan looked around the room.

Dan
Where did that voice come from?

Stop playing around.

Dan
Weird. I just heard a voice from out of nowhere.

Stop the crap.

Dan laid back down on the bed and smiled. Everything was going to be alright.

No it is not going to be alright. You are doing it again.

FUCK! Leave me alone!

No I won't leave you alone. I am a part of you. Haven't you learned that by now.

You know what? You aren't a part of me. This is some sort of evil shit that I don't know about yet. I am going to get to the bottom of this.

C'mon. You don't believe in that stuff.

You ruined the story. How did you mess with my writing?

Like I said: I am a part of you.

Can you please go away? I need some alone time.

You seem to have a lot of alone time lately.

Yes. I need it. Now if you will leave that would be good.

No it wouldn't.

Yes it would be, because then I would be able to finish this chapter.

You know what. Go ahead. Go ahead then.

Thank you.

Christine walked over to the waiting room. As she turned the corner she found Mel sitting there. He had stayed overnight. Christine sat down next to him. He looked up.

Mel
How is he doing?

Christine
He's doing great. I just spoke to him.

Mel
He's awake?

Christine
Yes, but he isn't taking any visitors now. Did you hear anything from Joe?

Mel
No. He was pretty angry about this whole situation.

Christine
Have you tried calling him?

Mel
No actually. I wouldn't dare.

Christine
That was last night. You should check up on him.

Mel
I will...

Where are you going?

To the toilet.

Really? Right now? In the middle of this.

Dude, people have to go to the toilet sometimes.

Close the door man.

Hey, like YOU said. You are a part of me.

Dan sits down on the toilet and picks up a magazine laying around.

Oh look at this. Lindsay Lohan is probably going to jail again.

That issue is old.

Yeah but I read them over. I just found this thing somewhere.

Right...

Anyways. Let's see what else I have.

Dan puts down the People Magazine. He scours the magazine rack until he finds a Playboy mag.

Put that down.

Why?

You are going to be distracted.

From what?

From what I have to say to you.

I'm not listening to you.

Dan reaches into his pocket and pulls out his iPod. He starts playing some music.

Dan!

Can't hear you...

Dan starts headbanging to Pitiful, by Sick Puppies. There is a plop in the toilet.

UGGHH!! IT SMELLS!

Yup. That's how shit smells.

Dan flushes the toilet. He realizes he is done and wipes his ass and flushes the paper down the toilet aswell.

TAKE THOSE THINGS OFF!

mm mmm pitiful... da da da

DAN!

I'm going to continue the story whilst listening to my iPod.

Mel
Where is Jude?

Christine
One of the nurses are taking care of him.

Mel
Can I ask you something?

Christine turned to him

Christine
Sure.

Mel looked down.

Christine
What is it?

Mel
This may be a little too personal.

Christine thought for a while.

Christine
Go ahead.

Mel
Well I know Jude is just about one year old.

Christine
Yes. He turns one in October.

Mel
Well excuse me for asking but how old are you?

Christine giggles a little.

Christine
I'm forty.

Mel
And I think Dan is about forty two ish?

Christine
He turns forty four in September.

Mel
He looks pretty young for his age.

Christine
Yeah I know.

Mel
You are very lucky to have him

You ETA.

What?

Stop flattering yourself.

Dan put the headphones back on.

Christine looks at him suspiciously.

Christine
What's this about?

Mel
Well umm at your ages.

Christine suddenly changes to almost a knowing look.

Christine
How did we have Jude?

Mel
Yes. I'm sorry.

Christine
It's okay.

There was a pause. Mel just waited.

Christine
Jude isn't my baby.

Mel's eyes widened a bit then seemed sympathetic. Christine saw this and sought to correct Mel's assumption. Before Mel could speak Christine cut him off.

Christine
Jude is my grandson.

Mel's eyes exploded.

Dan's phone rang. He looked over. It was moving across the desk with it's vibration weight rotating at high speeds inside the phone.

Pick it up.

Be quiet.

Dan reached for the phone.

Chris
Dan. Where the fuck are you?

It was Chris. Dan knew what this was about

Chris
Just because you lost the title, injured your arm, and your knee doesn't mean you can be absent for a whole week.

Dan
I am hurting.

Chris
I know you are, but theres no excuse for this. There is no excuse for not answering your calls, and not showing up.

Dan
I know

Chris
Look. Despite your recent irresponsible actions you are not fired. In fact you have a match this weekend.

Dan
I do?

Chris
Yes. Against Ryan Apollos. I will be interested to see if this young kid will be my new project. Or maybe you still have what it takes.

Dan
Looked at his arm.

Chris
I'd send you a get well better card but I have a feeling that's not your thing. See you this Saturday champ...

Before Dan could reply Chris put down the phone.

That asshole.

Yeah... I think you should be worrying about that match. Close that notebook for a while.

Maybe later.

Maybe now.

Shut up.

Christine
You see Dan and I had a son...

Christine looked at the ground.

Christine
Jude was our son. When he grew up he had Jude Jr. with his wife Elizabeth. One night, about six months ago, he and Elizabeth went to a dinner party. They left Jude Jr. with a baby sitter. On their drive back a drunk driver hit them.

Tears rolled down Christine's cheeks.

Mel
I'm so sorry.

They hugged.

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard.

..... Shut the fuck up.

Seriously. HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

That's it I'm going to the gym.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dan looked around the hospital room. He had just woken up after another nap. He had done nothing but sleep since he got here. He was starting to get restless.

FUCK!

What is it? Writers Block? Trollface.jpg

You knew that. Fuck off.

Great. Now you can move on to better things.

Like what?

Like focusing on your match this Saturday against Apollos.

Apollos? Who the fuck is he anyways?

Exactly. Let's see he is twenty years old...

I didn't really want to know...

Honestly you can beat him easily.

I know I can.

Facepalm

What?

You are too confident sometimes. You didn't even ask why I think you can beat him.

Ummm... cause hes a loser?

Well you can say that. He is a little cookoo. Not like you though.

Neutral

Well he lives in fantasy land most of the time. Thinking about monsters and stuff and going to Japan.

Weird.

Yeah.

But how is that supposed to help me beat him?

You'll see...

Oh and don't even think about putting that stupid disclaimer.

...Fine.
Back to top Go down

Chapter 14 Happy Days
Page 1 of 1