Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks for Nothing. Part II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Thanks for Nothing. Part II Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for Nothing. Part II   Thanks for Nothing. Part II I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Chuck Matthews: “Mom’s here.”

Jessica hardly glances at her mother, instead choosing to focus on the simmering pot in front of her.

Jessica Matthews: “Hi.”

Amy Matthews: “Well, don’t look too excited to see me, Jessie. Where’s your beau?”

Jessica says nothing. Chuck almost feels bad for his sister. Thanks to Corey, she was living alone, with two kids. She was in her last year of school. After this, she would graduate with her degree, and start her residency. Unfortunately, it was really starting to wear her down. She had to juggle med school, a job as a flight attendant, and being a single mom…and she was contemplating quitting school. She simply couldn’t find the time anymore, and it was becoming a decision of kids, money, or education…and education was the only thing expendable at the moment. It must have sucked, really. To be one semester away from your degree, from being able to start your career…and you have to give it up. Chuck had offered Jess a place to live, at least until school started again in January. That way, she could have a place to raise the kids, and not have to worry about who was watching them when she was busy working. She was grateful for the help.

Jessica Matthews: “He couldn’t make it.”

Amy Matthews: “Why not? He ain’t seein other women, is he?”

Jessica sighs, and goes back to cooking. Jessica and her mother had never really seen eye to eye. Amy hated that Jessica refused to accept money to help her, and livel poorly. This was ironic, and kind of hypocritical, because Chuck’s mom currently lived in a tiny house outside a trailer park. Not exactly “luxurious living.” Her defense was that she chose to live that way, and was perfectly happy without the money…something that was very different with Jessica.

Amy Matthews: “Look at your brother. He’s living like a proper Matthews. He’s got his flashy house and fancy kitchen and all that. What’ve you got, Jessie? Still living in that apartment out west?”

Jessica Matthews: “No, mom. Corey has a place. I’ve been living there.”

Amy Matthews: “Oh? And is it big enough?”

Jessica Matthews: “You know, this is awfully critical from someone who lives in a trailer park.”

Amy scowls.

Amy Matthews: “I raised my kids. And I raised them in a big house, where they had everything they needed to succeed in life. When you kids all left, I chose to retire to the country. You have not raised your kids, and you should not be making that choice until your babies are up and out of the nest.”

Jessica rolls her eyes.

Jessica Matthews: “Whatever, mom.”

Alison walks into the room, feeding Claire.

Alison Williams: “Jessica, do you have-“

Alison stops when she sees Amy.

Alison Williams: “Um…hi.”

Amy looks at Alison, appalled.

Amy Matthews: “Y’all best be pullin that shirt down. This ain’t no damn peep show.”

Alison Williams: “Who the fu-“

Chuck Matthews: “Ah, mom, this is Alison. She’s a good friend of mine. Alison, meet my mom.”

Alison Williams: “YOU’RE Chuck’s mom?”

Amy Matthews: “YOU’RE Charlie’s girlfriend?”

Chuck Matthews: “She’s not-“

Alison Williams: “I’m not his girlfriend.”

Amy looks at Chuck, frowning.

Amy Matthews: “So then what is she? You livin in sin, boy?”

Chuck Matthews: “What are you talking about?”

Amy Matthews: “Do I need to spell it out for you?”

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “Mom…”

Chuck tries to think of a way to get out of the conversation. As if answering his prayers, the doorbell rings.

Chuck Matthews: “I got it.”

He hears Chris’s voice from the other room.

Chris Matthews: “Don’t bother.”

God damn it. Thankfully, the doorbell seemed to be enough of a distraction, because Amy looks at Jessica and Chuck.

Amy Matthews: “Who else is supposed to be here?”

Chuck Matthews: “Ashley and…her fiancé.”

Amy Matthews: “Who?”

Jessica Matthews: “Charlie’s daughter.”

Amy Matthews: “Well, about damn time! It’s high time I meet my granddaughter! Really, Charlie. It’s like you don’t even want me around.”

Chuck Matthews: “I have no idea what would make you think that…”

Chris walks in, followed by Brandon Macdonald, and behind him…

Chuck Matthews: “Hello, Ashley.”

Ashley frowns, but gives a quick wave.

Ashley Matthews: “Hi.”

Jessica turns to look at her, and smiles.

Jessica Matthews: “Ashley! How have you been!”

Ashley’s greeting for her aunt is considerably warmer than Chuck’s, as she walks over and hugs Jessica, smiling.

Ashley Matthews: “How are the kids?”

Jessica Matthews: “They’re in the other room.”

Ashley Matthews: “Corey’s not here?”

Jessica opens her mouth, and closes it.

Jessica Matthews: “He…won’t be here tonight.”

Chuck Matthews: “He got dumped.”

Amy Matthews: “Jessica Faith Matthews!”

Jessica Matthews: “Damn you, Charlie…”

She sighs, and turns to face her mother.

Jessica Matthews: “It needed to be done, mom.”

Amy opens her mouth to speak, but seems to struggle with the words. She instead chooses to focus her attention on Ashley.

Amy Matthews: “And you’re Ashley?”

Ashley nods.

Ashley Matthews: “You’re…my grandmother?”

Amy Matthews: “Not by blood, I hear.”

Ashley laughs, and hugs her.

Ashley Matthews: “It’s nice to meet you.”

Amy smiles, and gently pats Ashley on the back. She turns to Brandon.

Amy Matthews: “And this is…”

Ashley Matthews: “Brandon Macdonald. My fiancé. Brandon, meet my grandma and my Aunt Jessica.”

Brandon nods at Amy and Jessica. Ashley must have forgotten that Brandon had met Jess once before, back in NLWF.

Brandon Macdonald: “Nice to meet you.”

Amy Matthews: “You talk funny.”

Ashley Matthews: “He’s Canadian.”

Amy rolls her eyes.

Amy Matthews: “This family and their northerners…”

Ashley frowns.

Ashley Matthews: “I think-“

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “Don’t bother.”

Chris looks at the people in the room, noticing the strained looks on Jessica, Chuck, and Amy’s faces. This was going to be a long night…

Chris Matthews: “Jess, what’s the ETA on dinner?”

Alison Williams: “What did you just call her?”

Chris slowly looks at Alison, clearly shocked that someone could say something so stupid. Ashley looks at Alison, obviously just realizing she’s there. Her expression goes cold. Chuck knew there was a lot of bad blood between the two of them…this was going to be a very long night indeed…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck Matthews: “Amazing.

Fucking amazing.

The more I try and bring some order into this place, the more things seem to fall apart. IWF is falling under a curse, my friends. Things are getting more and more ridiculous by the day. And you know the sick part of it? You don’t realize it. At least, I hope that’s the case, and it’s not your indifference towards how amazingly retarded things are.

Stygian looks to beat Tyson Rowle in a High Impact title match, despite his only accomplishment in IWF being a fight to a draw with me.

Really?

Alison Williams and Ashley Matthews are an item now?

Really?

No, seriously, really? WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

For fuck’s sake Ashley. You dated a Canadian for so damn long, you’ve acquired a liking for beaver? Really?

Meanwhile, Robbie still tries to break out of daddy’s shadow, despite not having a career or any other accomplishment to his name other than ‘Being the fruit of Frank Hart’s semen.’

Really?

Chad Mason is trying to be relevant again.

Really?

Corey Casey, still missing from IWF. Meanwhile, cases of rape, murder, and random acts of violence are reporting at an all time low.

Real- Actually, that doesn’t surprise me.

You might say they actually aren’t lower, and that police are simply doing other things and don’t notice (or report) other crimes. You might say they’re pre-OCCUPIED with other things…but I still think there’s a connection.

In totally unrelated news, pepper spray is selling like it’s going out of style. Grab yourself a can, while you can!

Oh, and Chuck Matthews has resorted to pop culture references and political jabs to show how DESPERATELY FUCKED THIS ENTIRE THING IS.

REALLY?

REALLY?

Yes. Really.

And now, here we are. Apex, defending their tag titles against…

Wow, really?

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Dan Alexander and Bryan Blaze?

REALLY?

As if you two actually stand a chance against a team like Jason Hawk and Chuck Matthews. I think Steel said it best. The two of us? We’re the best. Apex ain’t just a name, dumbass. It’s a fact. We’re the pinnacle. We’re the best. I don’t care what John Madden tells you: Apex is the true Highlights of Sunday Nights.

But I don’t need to tell you. I can show you. I will show you.

You see…I’m a man on a mission. While you morons sit there with your thumbs up your asses, watching IWF fall into disarray…I’m going to be a part of the solution.

Ladies and gentlemen, Chuck Matthews is going to war.

I am going to rid the IWF of this…painfully ubiquitous stupidity that seems to be plaguing IWF. I am going to make IWF fun again. I’m going to make it entertaining. I am going to single-handedly find everything that makes IWF suck…and I’m going to destroy it.

Remember the last time I went on a quest like that? To take out everything that made the company suck?

Oh yeah, the parts that sucked went to FTW. Basically the epitome of suck. Who saw that coming?

I did.

And now, I’m going to do it again.

It starts with you, Mr. Alexander.

You’ve been warned.”
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Thanks for Nothing. Part II
Page 1 of 1