Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clean Slate

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Clean Slate Empty
PostSubject: Clean Slate   Clean Slate I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 am

On my sofa on a lazy day, and I figured to myself...I really need to cut a promo for Rising Monarchy this weekend. There's this open battle royal for a shot at the New Blood Championship, which seems to be the lowest-tiered title in IWF at the moment. But hey, I'm just as new as most of the people you'll see in that match on Sunday. I need to cut a promo, but I'm too lazy to get the camera or do anything, so I have my laptop here, and am going to do something I haven't done in a while. Blog promo. It's not much, and it's certainly not as great as some of the other promos on TV are, but it gets the job done just as fine, right? Reading or watching my words is still the same.

They're just words...

CLEAN SLATE

So let me get this straight? If I do this promo, I’m going to be eligible for a battle royal at Rising Monarchy this weekend for a shot at this “New Blood” title for the victor in this match? Sounds easy enough, right? I guess so, why the hell else wouldn’t it? I mean, I’ve done this before. I wouldn’t even be the man I am today if it wasn’t for that first step. I wouldn’t become a World Champion if I didn’t win a match like this a few years ago, so why should I think it’s hard? Because I don’t know who the competitors are? Because it’s anything goes, ANYBODY can just step in at any time that is NOT on the card I see before my eyes? Because the blood that everybody smells when they see a title is clear in the water? I don’t think it’s hard, right? The only reason why it’s hard is because you’re strapped for nothing in a match like this. You don’t know if there will be a 400 LB. behemoth or a 95 lb. skinny bastard in there. I know one person in it…ONE! And of course he thinks he’s the big shit already. They ALL think they’re royalty the second they walk through that curtain. They all think that they’ll just be handed titles to them on a silver platter like they have gotten at all of the other places they’ve been at. It’s happened to me before, and it’s not happening again as far as I’m concerned.

Since day one, I have worked throughout pain, suffering, misery, and anguish just to get where I am today. I’m not going to go out there and call myself the “best wrestler in the world” or anything, because I’ll be blunt and honest here, I am not. I am far from it actually. But when you look at one of the toughest, one of the bravest, the man who will suck it up and deal with the consequences, then yeah, it’s debatable in calling me one of the greats. I have dealt with people who have screwed me on more than one occasion. I have dealt with assholes that aren’t in it for the passion; they’re in it to boost their fuckin’ ego. I have been called a “martyr”, “parasite”, “the most paranoid person on the planet”, and countless other names that I won’t bother saying because, quite honestly, I am a much better person than that. It took me much longer to win a World Title and I got called out on it by people who earned it sooner because it “took me too slow”.

What the fuck does that even mean?

It’s not a damn contest to see who can win a World Title first. So what if I’m a little slower than the others. It’s not my fault that I tend to take it just a little easier than others. That doesn’t mean a damn thing, because I know I can go out there and kick your ass. I have a road map of scars that could probably map out Route 66, if all these tattoos on my body weren’t covering them up. I don’t care about your sob stories or your stories about how you think you’re the greatest thing since the sterilization of surgical equipment. You’re just another scab on this planet according to me. I only care about one person and one person only and that’s me. Fuck the others. And that’s the mindset I need going into this match at Rising Monarchy.

That nobody is safe and everybody is a target.

Those words of advice will get anybody far in this business. I’m not going to lie here, but…I’m not a bad person, but it takes a ton of my well-earned respect for me to shake anybody’s hand and tell them the same thing. I’ve been roped in way too much to just trust and/or respect anybody out there on just a whim. I don’t need that in my life. What did I do to fucking deserve this? What did I do to deserve having my wife be stricken with cancer and die on me? Nothing, that’s what. I’ve been too much of a chicken shit and now…now’s the time to get my ass in gear. And that’s what I’ve been doing. And at Rising Monarchy, it starts up all over again. All of the bullshit, all of the stupidity I’ve been through in my life. IT ENDS NOW!

Another clean slate just hoping for some good luck this time around.

Deuces.

Done. Select All. Copy. Paste. Send. Blog. Done.
Back to top Go down

Clean Slate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: