Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)

Go down 
+5
Sean Libby
BMac
Crimson Skull
P
Stygian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Okay, after much debate and many people saying that voting is tough because hunting down the RP's and switching back and forth between the card and the RP board gets confusing, we've decided to try a new system starting with next week's Battle Grounds (July 7, 2012). Starting next week, after the card is posted, an admin will post a thread with all of the matches as the subject. For example:

Corey Casey vs Stygian

The body of the post will contain any special stipulations of the match so if you'd clicked on that match the post would have said something like:

Hellzone Match. Winner takes home Stygian's stolen IWF title belt and $5 Million dollars of Corey Casey's money.

Or some such. When you go to RP you will post your RP's as replies to that thread. DO NOT RP BEFORE YOUR MATCH THREAD IS POSTED (Hostyle Razz). What this will do more than anything is make voting and grading easier. You won't need to look at the card to keep track of who is in what match; it will all be there. Ideally the RP board will start to look like this:

Deadline
Corey Casey vs Hostyle Jones
Stygian vs Crimson Skull
James Shark vs Anna Stone
Rosalie Knight vs Chad Mason
Deadline

You just read everything between deadlines for that week and all the RPs are in-line.

FAQ
What about help RPs?

Help RPs go in-line with the match thread. be sure to indicate whom you are helping if your rp doesn't make it blatantly obvious.

What if my RP is longer than one post?

Our boards limit posts to a certain length. I don't know the specifics, but it seems to be at or over 10k words. It's probably a certain number of characters. We don't know how to change this setting. If for some reason your RP is longer than one post, then you're probably Stygian. But if it is indicate the beginnings and ends of the post with the horizontal rule tag. It's {hr} but with [ ] instead of { }.

Example:

These posts should be graded as one RP

Post one

Post two

End of RP.

Something like that.

I forgot and posted my rp separately!

This is not a big deal. Your rp will be left up until such time as you move it to the proper place. If this isn't possible (your computer crashed, you posted before going out of town for the week) your RP will be moved by an administrator with a note specifying that the RP is your original work, it was moved to be in line. Please do not abuse this system, though. Anyone habitually posting their RPs outside of the predetermined topic will be deemed to be doing it on purpose, and those RPs will be deleted without any additional effort made.

If there are any further questions about this system, please post a reply here, or PM me and I will try to answer any questions you may have. Thank you.

Last edited by Stygian on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Every other place I have been uses a system like this.

I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I already signed off on this, but I'll make it official by replying here Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

I like this... I love organization
Back to top Go down
Crimson Skull

Crimson Skull

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 2-1-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Robbie isn't this the same system we used to use as well?
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Let me just remind everyone that only the best two RPs are scored. If you are making a continuation of an RP, you just reply to the first post (Eg RP was too long). However, for a separate RP, you make a new post and new title. It doesn't matter if you write 2 RPs, 5 RPs or 27 RPs. Only the best two are counted. Just a reminder.

And don't think that you can just be like "oh well I'll just write 4 RPs, but then tack them all on as responses so that its only one RP thats counted". Make sure that your RPs make sense. Make sure that they are actually one long RP, and not 4 RPs thrown into one post. Because those don't make sense, and look stupid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes it is Skull
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 pm

This thing really will make it easier of votes, cleaner RP section makes things easier to vote. I'm all in favor of this.
Back to top Go down
Ruby Winters

Ruby Winters

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-3-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Read and understood (goes for Angelica too since I handle her as well lol). Personally, I prefer that kind as well, but that's because it's just what I'm used to I guess
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Brandon Macdonald wrote:
Let me just remind everyone that only the best two RPs are scored. If you are making a continuation of an RP, you just reply to the first post (Eg RP was too long). However, for a separate RP, you make a new post and new title. It doesn't matter if you write 2 RPs, 5 RPs or 27 RPs. Only the best two are counted. Just a reminder.

And don't think that you can just be like "oh well I'll just write 4 RPs, but then tack them all on as responses so that its only one RP thats counted". Make sure that your RPs make sense. Make sure that they are actually one long RP, and not 4 RPs thrown into one post. Because those don't make sense, and look stupid

You know what, since I'm the only one who legit does this...we could just say that 1 post = 1 rp and I can fucking edit shit down. Admin's thoughts?
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 pm

That would let a cap on individual RPs too so that everyone is given a level playing field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 pm

I approve
Back to top Go down
Apex Killer Death-Angel

Apex Killer Death-Angel

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: "The crime is life, the sentence is death!"
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:18 pm

well fuck there goes my mind games
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:53 pm

JHalcRJB wrote:
That would let a cap on individual RPs too so that everyone is given a level playing field.

The only reason I am against this, it's not even that it stands to affect me the most, is because that Chuck, Bmac and CC have long said that the whole point of IWF was that there were "no limits". I would really like them to weigh in. Because I can see it being abused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Roger Wilco.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 am

Stygian wrote:

James Shark vs Anna Stone

OMFG YES.
Back to top Go down
Paramount III

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 am

I think I had approved of this when the original conversation came up on the c-box, but making it official with this post. Every other fed I've been in except one other I was in back in 2004-2007) had a system like this. Keeps tracking rps easier, make the board/threads look more organize. So yeah I'm 101% for this. Why the 1%? I have no fucking idea! Trollface.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 4:33 am

All I can say is thank god because I always have trouble on thinking of titles for the threads of the RP's. Sorry for not showing last week as I done a massive RP that was meant to be posted on the other fed only that was scrapped at the last minute. I personally love this idea of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 am

I fully support this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Sounds good to me. I've read and agree.
Back to top Go down
Drake Elite

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:36 am

Sounds good to me I have read and now officially signed off on it.

- Drake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)   How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Roleplay in IWF (all memembers read and sign)
Page 1 of 1