Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all! Empty
PostSubject: I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all!   I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

After a grueling 60 minute match that involved three cages, a dozen weapons, and who knows how much pain and suffering, Corey Casey is brought backstage, leaning heavily on Chuck Matthews as Brandon Macdonald clears the way. The medical staff comes running from the other direction. The confluence seems to be a steel door marked “MEDICAL”. The doctor and three paramedics are followed by the IWF trainer and Johnny Electric are running towards the Bell Centre’s on-site medical facilities. Sitting at a nearby table with his shirt off, fresh stitches in his chest, his back and his forehead, sits Stygian in his ring pants and boots. The EMT who stitched him up has long-since left him there to drink a Gatorade and gather his thoughts. He sits up as Corey Casey is brought into view and taken into the room. As everyone vanishes inside, Stygian stands slowly and makes his way towards the open door, pain evident in his gait. About the time he leans in, all hell breaks loose. Jessica Matthews, who must have been led down there independently starts screaming and crying hysterically. Chuck Matthews stands and starts shouting at the big man, only for Brandon Macdonald to hold Chuck back. Corey is far too lost in his own pain to interdict. Stygian starts shouting back and the whole thing devolves into an incomprehensible shouting match between everyone involved, with Jessica wailing like a banshee and sinking into the corner, holding Corey’s hand. Chuck shoves past Brandon and shoves Stygian out the door to fall on his ass. Stygian stands and dusts himself off as Chuck stalks him out the door. Johnny Electric and Brandon Macdonald coming running out to get between the two of them.

Chuck Matthews: What the fuck do you think you’re doing?

Stygian: I wanted to see if he was ok?

Chuck Matthews: You sure as hell didn’t care when you were out there beating the hell out of him!

Stygian: I didn’t want to do that…

Chuck seems to have enough, he tries to go after the big man again. Stygian tries to get at Chuck in response. Brandon Macdonald grabs Chuck from behind, and finally gets in front of him to restrain him. Johnny does the same with Stygian.

Brandon Macdonald: Jesus, Johnny, get him out of here!

Chuck Matthews: Yeah, get him the fuck out of here before he gets hurt.

Stygian: Before I get hurt? Motherfucker I’ll make you wish for Chad Mason and a sledgehammer!

Johnny Electric: Jason, come on. I SAID COME ON!

Johnny shoves Stygian and gets him turned and walking away. Brandon herds Chuck back into the medical room and closes the door. Johnny and Stygian start walkin through the backstage area.

Johnny Electric: Come on, man.

Stygian: I wasn’t trying to start another fight.

Johnny Electric: I know, I know. That still wasn’t the place.

Stygian: That guy and I just put one another through hell for 60 minutes. I wanted to see how bad it was.

Johnny Electric: Jason, I know what you wanted. I saw the match. The whole match. But after the beating you gave him, that wasn’t the time to poke your head in. Nobody in that room right now cares about your intentions. You may have crippled the man.

Stygian: I wasn’t trying to! Christ Johnny…the ref tried to stop the match. Brandon tried to stop the match. I tried to stop the fucking match! I called for the fucking paramedics. That son of a bitch got off the stretcher and came after me! I don’t know where he got that from…

Johnny Electric: Shot himself up with adrenaline.

Stygian: Really?

Johnny Electric: No bullshit.

Stygian: So I called for help, hell I even gave him the briefcase and the belt! The man beat up the EMTs and shot himself up with adrenaline. What the hell was I supposed to do? I tried to stop the match!

Johnny Electric: Jason, I know you did. Corey didn’t leave you with much choice. An when he comes to, and he comes to and comes around, the one man who won’t have a problem with what you did will be Corey Casey. You had to do what you did. If you hadn’t? Corey Casey would have done it to you.

Stygian: Then why are they so fucked off at me?

Johnny Electric: I figure you don’t need me to explain Jessica.

Stygian: Well, no.

Johnny Electric: Alright. And Chuck, well, he’ll come around too. Because he’s been in the ring with Corey. He knows what that means. But right now you’re the guy who made his little sister cry.

Stygian: Okay, yeah, I get that.

Johnny Electric: And Brandon’s going to be Corey’s best man.

Stygian: Yeah but still…

Johnny Electric: I don’t think he’s pissed off at you. I think he just wanted shit under control. That wasn’t going to happen with Jessica bawlin’ her eyes out and Chuck wantin’ to take your head off. Look, soon as I know, you’ll know, alright? I’ll text you. Right now, I need to go take over for Brandon and run the show. There’s two more matches, and they won’t be done with Corey before this is all over.

Stygian: What a coincidence, we’re right outside my dressing room.

Johnny Electric: What can I say, Jase? I’m part magic. You gonna be alright? Did you get all checked out?

Stygian: They want me to go get X-Rays on my arms and have a full concussion work up, just in case.

Johnny Electric: Here?

Stygian: Nah, I’m gonna have the X-Rays at Montreal General and then the Montreal Neurological Institute is a few blocks down the road.

Johnny Electric: You okay to drive?

Stygian goes to talk, but Johnny cuts him off.

Johnny Electric: What am I thinkin’ you’ve got Tina and Amber.

Stygian: Yeah.

Johnny Electric: Alright, I’ll let you go then. Jase?

Stygian: Yeah, Johnny.

Johnny Electric: It’s a big win for you tonight. Don’t forget that. And don’t feel bad. Like I said, Corey Casey was on a mission tonight. He was going to make sure one of you didn’t walk out tonight. If it wasn’t him on that table, it was going to be you.

Stygian: Yeah, alright, thanks Johnny.

The two of them shake hands and go their separate ways. Stygian takes a deep breath and pushes open the door. Lilith and Lilah glomp him the second he steps through the door. Stygian winces and they let go of him.

Stygian: Okay, okay, ow, that hurt.

Lilah: Sorry.

Lilith: We’re both really glad you’re ok.

Stygian: You didn’t watch?

Lilith: You know neither one of us could.

Lilah: Not after being ringside for that buried alive match.

Stygian: Right.

Lilith: Johnny had someone keeping us posted on the match.

Stygian closes the door and shakes his head.

Stygian: Johnny Electric…

Lilith: Yeah, he kind of has a way of taking care of everyone around here.

Lilah: How bad is Corey, we’ve heard rumors.

Stygian: Corey…

Stygian slumps onto the chair with the large Under Armor bag next to it.

Stygian: It’s bad. His back might be broken.

Lilith: Oh goodness…

Lilah: Poor Jessica.

Stygian: He…he brought it on himself. I…I had no choice. That son of a bitch wouldn’t stay down. I mean, the ref tried to stop it, Corey slammed him face first into the casket. Brandon came out and called me off, said he was stopping the match and giving it to me; Corey knocked him out with a bat. He even shot himself up with adrenaline! I thought I was going to have to kill him.

Lilith: Adrenaline, are you serious?

Stygian: That’s what Johnny said.

Lilith: That’s insane.

Stygian: I tried to see how he was doing; Chuck Matthews tried to fight me.

Lilah: You didn’t go in there tonight, did you?

Stygian: I did, I just wanted to wish him well.

Lilith sighs as Stygian struggles to get his boots off. He stands, taking down his pants as Lilith leans against the wall idly.

Lilith: Lover, you had to know that was a bad idea.

Stygian: I don’t know anything, right now. I can’t believe what happened out there. I mean, I thought I was going to have to beat a man to death with my bare hands.

The room is silent as Stygian pulls on a pair of Adidas shorts and slips into a pair of black flip flops. He digs a gray “FLYNN LIVES” t-shirt out of the bag and pulls it on, with great strain of laborious effort. He winces as he tries to pick up his pants, Lilah comes over and grabs them for him.

Lilah: You want them packed?

Stygian: No, the shirt is ruined. I shall need a new set of ring attire made, and I think I’m gonna dump the Black Templar for now. I have a new idea.

Lilith: Oh really? Do tell.

Stygian: We’ll talk in the car.

Stygian throws the keys to Lilith, shoulders his bag and makes for the door.

Lilith: The car? Are we returning to the hotel?

Stygian: No, we’re heading to Montreal General Hospital for x-rays and then to the Montreal Neurological Institute for a complete concussion workup. IWF wans me to get checked and cleared after that match.

Lilah: Well wait for us, we haven’t packed.

Stygian: No. I’m going to start for the car now. By the time you guys get all packed up, I might be halfway there.

Lilith: Fair enough. We’ll see you there.

I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all! Disclaimer

The IWF Costume shop takes up about half of the fourth floor at IWF Headquarters in Boston. Costumers travel on the road for emergencies, alterations and touchups, but if you want to go back to the drawing board, you really have to come in to Boston. Stygian’s forehead is heavily bandaged as he winds his way through the various mannequins bearing half-finished or experimental couture left waiting like silent sentinels, guarding the shop against all but the most determined seekers of IWF head of costuming, Janice MacLaine. Stygian becomes entangled with an amorphous, vaguely humanoid wooden man wearing a rejected design for Corey Casey’s robe from Ragnarok. Some of the elements which made it through to Ragnarok are evident in this early design. As Stygian steps into the light, he is seen to be wearing a grey Cleveland Indians jersey, #99 Vaughn (figure it out) and black jeans.

A short, skinny bespectacled woman, with silver-streaked jet black hair and a black silk blouse rolled up her forearms presides over a broad craft table with the tools of her trade scattered; pincushions, various sizes and types of scissors, swatches upon swatches of cloth and a large binder which at one point was red, but is held together more by duct tape and hope at this point in its venerable life. Stygian steps up to the table and drums his hands on it. The woman looks up from her iPad for only a moment, and remains silent.

Stygian: It’s wonderful to see you again, too.

Janice: You ever think that maybe I make this place like a god damn minefield because I don’t want to see anyone?

Stygian: You told me to come in.

Janice: Did I?

Stygian: Yeah.

The woman runs her fingers over the screen a few times back and forth until she brings up what looks to be Gmail. She scrolls through a couple pages and nods. Almost immediately her demeanor changes. She smiles, sets the tablet down and looks up at Stygian.

Janice: Turns out I did.

Stygian: Told you.

Janice: So, we’re doing a new look for you, then?

Stygian: My old one got trashed.

Janice: I saw that. Poor thing.

Stygian: I gave it back as good as I got.

Janice: I meant the suit. I was rather proud of it.

Stygian: Oh.

Janice: So I have your email, it’s doable. In fact I’ve got molds due to come back later in the day.

Janice: You guys always act so amazed. I was part of four Tony-winning costume departments. You think because I turn around a set of tights or a robe in under a day, that I’ve done something magical. You guys dive off a cage and rip a seam or two and you think it’s a big deal.

Stygian: Well, it is when you can’t sew.

The woman ponders this a moment and chuckles wryly.

Janice: I suppose it is at that. I’ve had a director come into the last dress rehearsal before opening night and order 200 costumes changed. I’ve been stitching things together on the leading lady while she’s leaning into the stage and delivering lines to stall. I can make one of these costumes in my sleep, even one as intricate as yours.

Stygian: Fair enough.

Janice: So, you said you want to change up the particulars a little?

Stygian: Yeah, ditch the shoulder pads.

Janice: Did you not like them?

Stygian: No, they were fine. I was trying to look like a Black Templar, I’m not, now.

Janice: Hmmm…I think we should redo the coat while we’re at it.

Stygian: Yeah?

Janice: Hmm-hmm. Maybe make you look a little less heroic. I assume you saw the Captain America movie?

Stygian: Of course.

Janice: I’m thinking we give you a coat like Hugo Weaving’s. Sort of a faux double-breasted job with one of those magnificent belts. Well do a relief of that shattered star emblem you came up with on the buckle. Did you want it to light up?

Stygian: I’m not married to the Tron lines.

Janice: but you do like them, and I think they make you stand out.

She takes up her iPad again and googles Hugo Weaving’s coat from the film she studies it a moment and shows it to Stygian.

Janice: There, we’ll do these red lines as your “Tron” lines in that gold color of yours instead. I’ll have that Star Destroyer thing of yours embroidered on your shoulders in metallic gold thread. And then for the costume itself, will you be keeping the t-shirt design or did you want to go back to a tank top.

Stygian: T-Shirt works.

Janice: Hmmm…Star Destroyer…I like the sound of that. Let’s make you look a little more like Darth Vader under the coat. I can make up some gloves that looked like his.

Stygian: He wore old-school leather dueling gloves, no thanks.

Janice: Why?

Stygian: My hands will be sweating before I get to the ring.

Janice: Oh ye of little faith. I’ll put breathable fabric on the inside and between the fingers, and use synth leather to build up the cuffs.

Stygian: I’m really not crazy about cuffs.

Janice: Hmmm…no, with your forearms you’ll look like Popeye. Okay, breathable underside, synth leather backing with micro-perforation and the wrist wraps like the fighting gloves you like. We’ll do the Star Destroyer logos on the backs. And for your boots…I can make boots look enough like Vader’s that nobody will be the wiser, these knee plates will have to go. I’ll do those slingshot ankle joints again, you seemed to like them.

Stygian: Saves a lot of wear and tear.

Janice: And we’ll keep the knee and elbow pads with the logos done in metallic gold.

Stygian: Alright.

Janice: And for the chest…hmmm…I think we should make the logo bigger!

Stygian: Won’t it crack?

Janice: No, I have some new silicone gel stuff. We’ll layer it over foil so it catches the light, it will look like it’s glowing when all those bright lights hit it.

Stygian: So plain shoulders, new gloves and boots that look like Darth Vader’s and a bigger seal on the chest.

Janice: Yeah. I’ve already got a mock up.

She spins the tablet between her hands and flips it over to show him.

Stygian: That looks pretty good.

Janice: That looks amazing, and you know it!

Stygian: One of us has to be modest.

Janice: And you’re known for your restraint.

Stygian: Case in point. So, do you think you can have this done by Heroes Also Die?

The graying woman rolls her eyes and takes back her tablet.

Janice: Please! I’ll have it waiting for you in D.C.

Janice: I’m sure as hell not going to have you wandering out there in your old crap. My friends know I’m the head costumer around here; I can’t let them see one of our biggest stars in old rags!

Stygian shakes his head with a laugh and stands.

Stygian: You’re a genius, Janice.

Janice: Yeah, I know.

Stygian: And ever so modest.

Janice: Always. Go on, I have work to do. I’ll have something sent to you in D.C. by Friday.

Stygian: Alright. You’re the best.

Janice: Yes, I am.

Stygian turns and walks out of the shop as the woman turns to a desktop computer on an adjacent table and sets to work.

An indeterminate amount of time later, Stygian stands on the raised hot-tub deck at a hotel pool in a long pair of black trunks with white dragons down the sides. He’s got 3/4 of a bottle of Blue Label, a plastic hotel ice bucket filled with ice, and a glass which he dumps some cubes into. Stygian uncaps the scotch and pours himself about half a glass. He picks up the glass and takes a long swig of the honey-amber liquor. He turns his back, walking away from the camera. The welts from his caning are still visible, cris-crossing his back. The seven footer leans over the deck and sets the glass down, resting there and looking over the pool. Lilith and Lilah are sitting poolside on vinyl/pvc deck chairs in cut off tank tops and bikini bottoms. The camera loops around and frames Stygian from the concrete floor looking up at his powerful frame.

Stygian: They say that the man who seeks vengeance should dig two graves. Corey…I never wanted this to get out of hand like this. But it did. You want to know the difference, the real difference between us? The reason I walked out and you were carried out? I’m not going to launch into another prolonged diatribe. That time is behind us, Corey. But you let it get personal. That is what made the difference. The stolen title, the fact that I took it to Japan, the fact that I threatened to take it to Chance Rugani. It was all part of my plan. But I would be lying if I said I saw what the hell happened in Montreal coming. That match is going to stand up forever. That match is going to go down in the annals of this sport. It’s what I wanted. A memorable match with the last of IWF’s “Holy Trinity”. I’m only sorry, if my sources are to be believed, that it stands to be your last. They say that the man who seeks vengeance should dig two graves; one for his enemy and one for himself.

Stygian takes a swig of the whiskey and lets it burn down his throat. He lets out a satisfied breath and lowers the glass to the rail, idly swirling it around.

Stygian: I’m just not ready to climb down into mine.

The big man tilts the glass back and drains it, turning around into a cut shot so the camera catches him coming back to the table and pouring another glass. He steps down the steps and into the churning, steaming water and leans against the side, spreading his arms out with a sigh.

Stygian: I’ve been living in this thing all week. I’m not 100%. And I bet every last one of you would kill to get in that ring with me this week. That’s the battle plan since Chad Mason took over, isn’t it? Let someone else do the work while you claim the glory. That seems to be the way anyone around here makes their name. I’ve got Chad Mason on Twitter bragging about “retiring Chuck Matthews” and “beating Steel Angel”. This motherfucker is carrying around a world title that he had to scheme to get off a man he could not beat and on to a man he could beat. All I’ve done is beat everyone who has ever been put in front of me. I said on the day I showed up that I was going to do to this place what I did to UECW. I said I was going to climb my way to the top of this company and build my legacy on the backs of my fallen enemies. Tim Patrick, Tyson Rowle, James Shark, Brandon Macdonald, Corey Casey…of those names only one man ever got back into the ring after facing me, and James Shark took a few weeks off before he could do it. Are you paying attention, yet? Are you listening yet? Do I have your attention, yet? Because this all goes back to that very first night I stepped foot into this company.

Stygian has a sip of his whiskey and leans his head back for a moment in silent respite. He looks back into the camera.

Stygian: I remember that first night like it was yesterday. I came in after ruling UECW with an iron fist. I came in and challenged Vincent Van Rose to a title match that very night. I’d have beaten him, too. Christ, Robbie Hart beat him, how hard is that? Robbie Hart has never managed to fight his way back to the top of this company, and probably never will because he doesn’t have the initiative to put Loca Rosci in her place and aim at the top names in this company. Yeah, I would have beaten Vincent Van Rose and jump started my legend a lot sooner. I’d be closing in on my first year as champion. Because when I look down this roster? Who can beat me? I’ve beaten all of your heroes. I’ve destroyed all of your champions. Name him, and I’ve beaten him. Steel Angel, James Shark, Ruben Ricardo Leon, Chuck Matthews, Brandon MacDonald, Corey Casey…I’ve beaten the best and the brightest of the Insurgency, and I have a world title I’ve never lost! Hey, straw poll here, I know Chad Mason seems to think he’s champ, but tell me this much, just indulge me as I quote an old friend.

Stygian finishes this second glass of scotch and sets the glass on the deck, then he dips his head under water a moment, slicks back his hair and gives a charming smile into the camera.

Stygian: Hello Insurgency. Look at your champion, now back to me, not back at your champion, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me. But if he stopped being a backstabbing little bitch and grew a set of testicles he could act like he’s me. Look down, now back up, where are you? You’re at Ragnarok with the champion your champion could act like. What’s in the ring, back at me, I’m there, with one of the most legendary matches in the history of the sport. Look again; your champion is now irrelevant. Anything is possible when your champion has a set of testicles and a spine. I’m in a hot tub!

Stygian shrugs.

Stygian: I left my horse in my TARDIS, so shoot me. Heh, this whole thing goes back to that night I showed up here and staked my claim. Looking back now, from this moment, it looks prophetic, doesn’t it. You’ll notice I did not phrase that in the form of a question. Because it was a prophecy, it was a vision, it was a battle plan and I’ve nailed the damn thing. I said I’d beat the best and claim the title, and so far nobody has even slowed me down. Everything I said that night. Everything the commentators said, when I heard it later on was asinine, asiten, asieleven, asitwelve. Here I’d been one of the most dominant world champions in a national company, and I’ve got these jerk-off’s going “who is this guy”, “bold words but nobody cares”, “what you did somewhere else doesn’t matter”, “nobody gives a shit what you have to say”. Rick Christian was one announcer that night, I forget the other guy, but the third guy on the mics that night? The third man who said things just as ignorant as anyone? The man who ultimately would go on to lose his commentary job to Matt Biggars in a match? Well look who’s getting into the ring with me this week: Ryan Apollos.

Stygian: I remember getting my laptop and syncing to my DVR in Denver. Loading up the show and giving it a watch. I remember the things everyone said that night. They’ve stuck with me every night, every match in IWF since that night, Ryan. I remember I came out the next week, and I pointed right at you. I said that I don’t beat up announcers, even though I would like to put Rick Christian through a table or six, I don’t. But you? You were a competitor, you were an active wrestler. Well, that’s a laugh. In those days you were as active as Brett Favre’s backup when he was in Green Bay. You were a joke as a commentator, and a hack in the ring. I’ve not heard you on a mic since then but I will say you’ve improved in the ring if only marginally. Got a groundswell after Path to Valhalla. Good for you. Maybe you’re finally moving in the right direction. But that night? I pointed right at you and I said some day you were going to get into the ring with me and you were going to pay for the words you hurled from the safety of the commentary booth. I have to admit, the way your career was going in those days, and the way my career has gone since then? I never thought I would get the chance.

Stygian: But oh I do love these little reloading weeks after Pay Per Views. Before the next path is clear and the lines are drawn. It’s almost like the matchmakers look at who did well last month and said “okay, let’s give them a chance to step up.” People are booked into matches that previously someone would have written them out of a short time ago. They’re given opportunities to step up to the plate against major league pitching and see if they can get a piece of it. It’s not about winning. That’s not what the “competition committee” or whoever signs off on these little altercations wants to see. I mean, if you can win, great. But if not? Then it’s about how you handle the adversity. How does Ryan Apollos handle himself in a match he has no business winning. In a match he expects to lose. Does he bring the fight to Stygian, or does he wilt like cheap flowers left in a sunny window?

Stygian: Let me fill that in for you, Ryan. It’s going to look a lot more like the latter than the former. It’s so rare that I am afforded personal remittance. I’m not often allowed to hand out a receipt for an offhanded remark hurled from cover. I don’t get to get back at the people who hurl stones from a distance. Now granted, I’m a dragon, and the act of hurling stones is ultimately futile. It will not distract me, it will not deter me, it will not destroy me. But every now and then it is fun to find the little prick who’s got the slingshot and teach him that he is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup. So you see, this is an opportunity for both of us, Ryan. It’s a chance for you to prove you belong at this level after that remarkable effort on the Path to Valhalla and it is a chance for me to relive those words you said that fateful night, and take delight in forcing them into the orifice of my choice. I may never get this chance again, and you surely never will. You will never have a moment like this ever again. Here I am, easily the biggest victory of your career just waiting. I’m beaten up after enduring, hell, after surviving an extremely dangerous encounter with the “most violent man in professional wrestling”. I’m limping, I’m stitched-up, I’m broken down, I’m half-crippled. You couldn’t have gotten this much better if I was a recognized champion and you had the briefcase.

Stygian: The challenge of being someone like me is the pressure that’s on you when you get to this level. The pressure the fans put on you, even if they hate you. Even if they dislike you, they expect a certain level of excellence from you. Double-edged sword, really. If you win, they hate you for doing it; if you lose they deride you for not being up to the challenge. There’s the pressure your past puts on you. When you’ve got all the names, all the successes, all the stars of this sport on the wrongs side of the three counts, the pressure mounts to keep going. The pressure accrues to keep pushing it on the next big name, win the next big match…and to not lose to people like Ryan fucking Apollos. That’s the weight of beating people like James Shark and Corey Casey hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles. But that the end of the day? At the end of the day the greatest pressure comes from myself. I can’t lose to you. I can’t falter. I don’t care how good you looked at Ragnarok, I can’t caution myself by saying, “well, he’s getting better.” And so here I am, when I should probably take a week off after one of the most insane matches we may ever see against a sadistic fucker who likes to hurt people and damn well knows how. That’s the difference between a champion, a true champion and everyone else in this business. Yeah, there isn’t an inch on me that doesn’t hurt. Hell, Corey Casey stapled my dick for fuck’s sakes.

Stygian: I’m eating painkillers like popcorn. I’m drinking whiskey by the bottle. I’m in the fucking hot tub so long I’m growing gills and flippers. Lilith and Lilah can barely lay a hand on me that doesn’t send pain flaring through every nerve fiber in my body! Walking down to the ring is going to be a bitch, and everything you throw at me is going to hit like a ton of bricks whether you have that kind of strength or not. I don’t want to get in that ring, I don’t want to put up the fight, I don’t want to care if I win or lose, but I have to. I have to get in that ring. I have to put up a fight, because I have to win. Because I do care if I lose to a little punk like you. There’s a big difference between rising above what you were, which wasn’t much, and climbing up to the level of the immortals! If you could beat me, that’s one thing. If you really are trending that way and you have what it takes to get through my shields? Good on you. But I am not going to be the jerk-off who slept through his shift at the gate and let you into the ranks of the immortals. If you want it, you’re going to have to beat me. You’re going to have to take it from me. You are going to have to do to me what I did to Corey Casey: you’re going to have to beat me and beat me and beat me til I they’re carrying me out of that ring. That’s what Corey Casey showed me. He tested my limits of pain. He made me look into my soul and see how far I was willing to go to win a match. But most of all? He showed me what it takes to be truly great in this sport. And anyone who wants to say they’re as good as me is going to have to answer those same questions and face that same test. So here you are, Ryan Apollos, faced with what looks like an insurmountable challenge. You’re strapped into the X-Wing. But the odds are against you. You have no friends, no backup, it’s just you, one-on-one…with a Star Destroyer.

Stygian collects his glass and dumps the half-melted ice cubes into the hot tub, where the high temperature and high pressure quickly destroy them. He moves up the ladder as the screen fades out.
Back to top Go down

I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked them all!
Page 1 of 1