Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos Empty
PostSubject: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Triple threat Trip to Oblivion Match for the IWF World Heavyweight Championship. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Dream State 00

50 miles off the East Coast of New Zealand, near New Auckland City

The clean blue waters of the Pacific were calm, save for a lone transport ship slicing its way through the ocean. A closer look would have revealed to any person that the ship was in fact a Bering-class Mobile Suit sea carrier, of the Autonomous Peace-Keeping Force, or A-LAWS. The presence of the A-LAWS always heralded the same things; death, destruction, and subjugation for the people who were unfortunate enough to have the Earth Sphere Federation turn its attention on their country. On the carrier's deck, all ten of its mobile suits were rolled out and prepared for launch. In total, eight GN-XIIIs, one GNX-704T Ahead, and the GNX-704T/AC Sakigake were ready to launch, their pilots waiting for clearance. Two of the GN-XIIIs carried automaton containers on their lower backs, below their GN Tau Drives.

"Captain Zinin, launch preparations are complete. Mission is to wipe out the anti-government organisation NZRC and their base. The base is located beneath the island of Rangitoto, just outside New Auckland. Your orders are to deploy automatons inside the base and then eliminate any mobile suits and vehicles you encounter." Major Aber Rindt explained.

"Roger that, sir.' Zinin replied. "Zinin Squad, launching." Zinin's Ahead and Mr Bushido's Sakigake took off, closely followed by the GN-XIIIs. The ten mobile suits increased speed, heading towards the island, a stream of GN Tau Particles in their wake. Little did they know that at their destination, an unknown danger lay in wait.

Fifty miles away, alarms began to go off inside the New Zealand Resistance Corps' underground base, causing everyone inside to spring into action. In the main control room, operators worked frantically to locate the threat.

"Commander, we're detecting ten enemy mobile suits closing fast from the North-East at thirty miles!" one shouted. Commander Alexander Hunter ground his teeth in anger. He never imagined that their base would be discovered before they'd tested the new mobile suit.

"Where are they from? Are they regular ESF forces?" he demanded.

"One moment sir, we're verifying that now." Another operator replied. Seconds later, he let out a horrified gasp. "S-Sir, they're not regular forces! It's the A-LAWS!"

"Damn it! Those bastard murderers are coming here now?" Hunter shouted. He'd been told by their ally Katharon of the atrocities the A-LAWS had committed whenever they were sent into action. Now his people would be almost certainly added to the list of those slaughtered by the Federation's secret police.

"What are your orders, sir?" the operator asked.

"Alert all base personnel and have them report to battle stations! Send out all of our mobile suits as well! And see if Professor Alton can send out the Duke!" Commander Hunter ordered.

A few minutes later, Captain Zinin and his squad arrived in the airspace around Rangitoto. As soon as they arrived, Zinin spotted a large number of mobile suits moving to engage them. The suits were a mix of outdated Union Flag models, but surprisingly Zinin noticed there were ten Overflags as well. All of the mobile suits were painted black with white highlights, except for the Overflags, which were all black.

"Squad, intercept those mobile suits! We need to clear a path so that Units Four and Five can deploy automatons! Mr Bushido-!" Zinin said, before Mr Bushido interrupted.

"Sorry, but I don't see anything that's worth my time." He replied, heading back towards the carrier. Zinin ignored the ace, as he charged to meet the NZRC mobile suits. Although the Flags hugely outnumbered the A-LAWS mobile suits, they were no match for the GN-powered machines. Only the few Overflags managed to put up a fight. In a display of clever tactical thinking, they launched co-ordinated strikes from multiple directions, using their speed to avoid any attempts to counter attack. However, despite their valiant efforts, the GN-XIIIs carrying the automatons managed to slip past them and immediately made a dash for the island. In moments, the two mobile suits had reached the island. A quick scan revealed several concealed entrances to the underground base complex. The GN-XIIIs headed for the nearest one, blasting it open with their GN Lances.

"This is Unit Four and Unit Five. We have located an entry point. Releasing automatons." One of the pilots said, as both mobile suits released their automaton containers into the entrance. After a short fall, the containers landed in a large hallway, able to accommodate mobile suits. The containers opened, and the dozen automatons inside each one activated, before moving out to eliminate anyone in the base.

"Commander! Commander Hunter!" a frantic soldier called over the radio.

"What is it, soldier?" Hunter asked.

"Sir, the A-LAWS have deployed military automatons! We can't-AGHHH!" the soldier screamed, before he was cut off, his voice replaced by static.

"Damn those A-LAWS! What's the status of Professor Alton?" Commander Hunter demanded.

"Sir, he says that he's working as fast as he can, but it'll still be a few minutes!" one of the soldiers reported.

"Well, let's buy him some time then! Everyone, follow me! We need to prevent the automatons from reaching the Mobile Suit Lab! Let's go!" Hunter shouted, picking up his personal assault rifle.

"HOOAH!" the soldiers shouted, following their leader as they raced to meet the intruding machines.

Meanwhile, inside said lab, Professor Alton Knight was working frantically. The professor was a kindly, middle-aged man with light brown hair which was just starting to grey, and green eyes. He wore a simple white lab coat over his trousers, shirt and tie. He knew that, even with their best efforts, Commander Hunter and the other NZRC soldiers would only be able to buy him a minute or two at best. Knowing this, he hurried to finish what he needed to do.

"Professor Alton, how much longer do you think we have?" Ryan Apollos asked. To Alton, Ryan felt like his only remaining family, after his wife had been killed by the A-LAWS a few years ago. Alton still blamed himself for his wife's death and tried hard to make up for her absence. He was 6’2”, with short black hair and blue eyes. He wore a black/white pilot suit, which had been specially designed to work with the mobile suit Alton had created.

"That depends, Ryan. At best, two minutes. Come on, we're almost done." Alton replied. Ryan nodded, getting back to work. Behind them stood the professor's pride and joy; a new mobile suit designed to combat the A-LAWS' GN-powered mobile suits on equal terms, the NZRC-001 Duke. All that was left was to finish uploading the control systems for the suit. But this was taking longer than expected, due to the complexity of the systems. Suddenly, a loud booming sound came from the other side of the lab doors, accompanied by machine gun fire and the screams of dying men.

"Almost done! Now I just have to input the pass code!" Alton said, before the doors were blown open. As the smoke cleared, Ryan and Alton watched in shock as an automaton slowly entered the lab, scanning the area, before locking onto Alton. The machine opened fire, its machine guns shredding the professor's lower abdomen. The professor fell to ground as his lab coat slowly turned scarlet from the blood pouring out of the myriad of bullet holes.

"PROFESSOR!" Ryan shouted. He dived out from behind the console where he'd taken cover, firing his handgun at the automaton. By chance, his bullets hit a weak point, causing the machine to shut down immediately. Ryan ran over to Alton and knelt beside him. Alton coughed weakly, throwing up some blood, adding to the blood which soaked his clothes.

"Ryan...are...you...alright?" he asked, his voice weak.

"Yes, I'm fine." Ryan replied, as he struggled to keep from crying.

"That's...good...Ryan...you...have...to go...now...Take...the suit...Leave...me." Alton replied. Ryan found that he couldn't speak past the lump in his throat. All he could do was nod weakly.

"Good...to hear...The...activation code...is..." Alton said, whispering the code to Ryan, before his body finally gave out.

"Goodbye...Professor." Ryan whispered. He stood and hurried over to the console and hastily typed in the pass code which would allow the suit to come online. He then ran over to the Duke, climbing the gantry next to it. He lowered himself into the cockpit and closed the hatch. He quickly ran through the necessary checks, before activating the mobile suit's systems. The screens lit up, displaying the outside view of the suit's surroundings. Ryan sat back in the seat, connecting the plug on his suit's back to the cockpit seat. He placed his hands on the yellow gel-like balls on the seat's arms, the HUD appeared on the screen directly in front of him.

"Professor, I won't let you down." Ryan said. He then moved the mobile suit forward, exiting the lab to deal with the rest of the automatons first.

"Sir, we've confirmed all enemy mobile suits destroyed." One of the pilots said.

"Good work. Now we just have to wait for the automatons to-hmm?" Kanin said, as the signals from the automatons began to disappear. "The number of automatons in there...it's decreasing?" After a few more seconds, all of the automatons had ceased transmitting their signals. Suddenly, one of the other pilots called him.

"Captain, I've detected another mobile suit! But...it's moving way too fast to be a Flag!" he said. Before the mobile suits could react, a dark grey mobile suit shot up from underneath them. It flew through the group, before stopping to hover a short distance away.

"What kind of mobile suit is that? It's emitting GN particles!" Kanin exclaimed. Then, Ryan spoke up from inside the Duke.

"Listen up, A-LAWS! You may have enjoyed little opposition in the past, but that all ends today! You can rob us of our country, take our bodies and our minds, but you will never...take our PRIDE!" Ryan shouted. He drew and assembled the Duke's GN Particle Beam Sword, its blade the same color as the A-LAWS' beam sabers, and charged forward. Raising the sword above his head with both hands, Ryan brought it down in a mighty swing, cleaving a GN-XIII in two. The Duke spun around, then attacked another mobile suit. The pilot panicked, firing wildly without aiming. Ryan dodged the beams easily, before beheading the unfortunate mobile suit. He returned the sword to the Duke's thighs, activating the gauntlets instead. Ryan fired the GN Beam Cannons at two more GN-XIIIs that were attacking him from his eleven o'clock, firing their GN Lances. Ryan dodged the beams, while still managing to score devastating hits. The two suits exploded, as Ryan deployed the gauntlets' GN Beam Swords, as the five remaining mobile suits attacked the Duke. With cool efficiency and elegance, the Duke swiftly avoided all attacks that came its way, slicing through the A-LAWS mobile suits with ease. As the wrecked machines plummeted to earth, Ryan deployed the Duke's Advanced Communications Antenna, which extended from the right-side shoulder armour, to scan for where the mobile suits came from after a quick sweep, the sensors detected a lone Bering-class sea carrier ship, about fifty miles away. Ryan turned and headed for the ship to finish what he'd started.

"Sir, we've lost contact with Zinin Squad!" one of the A-LAWS soldiers reported.

"What?" Rindt exclaimed. "How?"

"No idea, but whatever destroyed them is headed right for us! Range ten miles!" the soldier replied. Major Rindt maintained his cool and calm expression, but inside he was panicking. Even if he had Mr. Bushido at his disposal, the mobile suit and pilot heading for his ship had defeated ten A-LAWS mobile suits in less than five minutes. And now it was coming for him.

"Very well, alert all gunners and tell them to be ready to fire as soon as this suit shows up. And have Mr Bushido ready to intercept our guest." He ordered.

Minutes later, the gunners spotted the Duke approaching the ship fast from twelve o'clock. Immediately they opened fire, but at the range they were firing, Ryan was easily able to avoid the beams that came his way. Suddenly, the barrage ceased, as the sky became empty once again.

"Huh? Why'd they stop?" Ryan wondered. Just then, the Duke's proximity alarm sounded, indicating something was attacking him from his right side. Ryan turned, simultaneously readying the Duke's GN Beam Swords. He was just in time to block the Sakigake's two-handed beam saber from severing the Duke's right arm. The red mobile suit pushed, trying to force the Duke back. Ryan answered his adversary, putting more pressure on his sword while increasing thrust.

"Well now, look at this. An opponent who's actually worth fighting!" the red suit's pilot announced.

"Who are you?" Ryan demanded.

"Hah, you really have no idea who you're messing with, do you? They call me Mr Bushido! Now you shall remember the name of your destroyer, anti-government scum!" Mr Bushido shouted, pulling away from the Duke, before charging again. Ryan glared at the Sakigake, deactivating the gauntlets and bringing out the Duke's GN Particle Beam Sword. The two pilots charged each other, their swords meeting in a powerful clash. However, neither machine could gain the upper hand.

'Time to end this. Duke, activate super condensation for the sword." He said. Slowly, the sword began to push through the Sakigake's beam saber, before it broke through, cutting off the suit's head and right arm. Crippled, the Sakigake dropped out of the sky like a brick, as Ryan turned his attention on the carrier. He charged forward, dropping onto the ship's deck, in front of the bridge. Ryan could see the people in the bridge scrambling to get out, as he raised the Duke's free arm, GN Beam Cannon ready.

"How pitiful. These people have no qualms about destroying innocent lives, and yet they're terrified of losing their own. Hmph, it looks like the A-LAWS are nothing more than a bunch of murdering cowards." Ryan mused, his voice and expression cold and harsh, as he fired the GN Beam Cannon into the bridge, which was instantly engulfed in flames. Satisfied, Ryan replaced the GN Particle Beam Sword and deactivated the gauntlet, before taking off again, flying away from the ship.

"Well, what to do now? I can't really go to Katharon, because a, I don't know where their bases are, and b, they can't really fight the Federation on equal terms. My only realistic option is Celestial Being, but I've got no way of contacting them. All I can do is lay low until they pop up somewhere and hopefully get to them before they slip back under the radar again." Ryan said. His course of action now clear, the young pilot headed north, across the ocean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos 394599_orig1

Chapter 1: A common goal.

The scene opens to a large building that looms over the night sky; the sign that hangs over the entrance reads "Natural Law HQ." as a lone figure dressed in black appears in the shadows and moves towards the building. The two guards that protect the main entrance were knocked out as the man leaps over their limp bodies and opens the door just enough for him to slip right through without making any noise. The man has a pair of what looks to be night vision goggles which allow him to see in the pitch black room. He moves quickly and quietly, dashing from room to room, hugging in the sides of the walls peeking his head out far enough for him to see what is on the other end without anyone seeing him. He slips around the corner with the speed and grace of a cat, his black suit allowing him to blend in with the darkness. He takes out another guard and drags his unresponsive body away where no one can find him. He then finds an entrance to a ventilation shaft that he crawls into. The pathway looks much bigger than normal and the man just shrugs as he runs down the tunnel like pathway, little does he know however someone is watching him from the other side of a monitor, the man stokes his cat as he laughs evilly. He clearly knows about this person and was likely expecting him as he says while pulling a lever next to the monitor:

Voice: Come to me my prey.

He pulls the lever and just as he did, the man who is still running down the tunnel stops as lights flash all around nearly blinding him. He removes the night vision goggles showing his face, but we don't get to see it as a spike wall forms behind him and is starting to move towards his direction. He turns just in time to see the spike wall and starts running like mad, he runs faster and faster as the spike wall reaches just inches towards his backside. He turns towards the tunnel exit and makes one desperate leap just as the doors move in to cut him off, he barely makes it through as a loud "ding" sound echoes where the spike wall made contact with the door. You can see bumps form where the spike hit the wall. The man gets up and catches his breath and for the first time we see Ryan Apollos clad in what looks to be some kind of black ops gear. With a bullet proof vest and black cameo boots and pants that match, he's also wired with all kinds of devices and gizmos from a grappling hook to ninja stars that were strapped to his pockets. He looks around this new room he's in and shields his eyes as a voice cracks over the intercom and echoes over the speakers while a spotlight aims a beam at him from the upper deck.

Voice: Ahh.....if it isn’t my old friend Ryan.......still trying to catch me are you? You just don't ever learn do you? Don't you ever get tired of failing in everything you do Ryan? You failed to protect your loved ones, you failed to avenge your fallen friend and most of all.......you failed to stop me. Tell me Ryan, how do you think this outcome would fare any better? I've studied your moves; I know how you work, what makes you tick, and each time I always get the better of you. You know why Ryan? Because unlike you, I always have a plan, and I make sure my plan always works, sure some sacrifices had to be made and some poor souls had to lose their lives for the greater good, but in the end my plan always works. This time will be no different, you fell into my trap just like I knew you would and now you have the distinct honor and pleasure to be my entertainment for the evening. Don't worry; my boys will be sure to make this quick and painful.

A snap of the fingers and surrounding Ryan were 6 large men armed with nightsticks in black and green muscle shirts with the letters "NL" printed on the front. They were about to attack Ryan when a sudden noise gets everyone's attention then suddenly a hooded man crashes through the window that hovers over the guy sitting in the chair. The man in the chair shields himself with his arm as shards of glass rain down on him. The other man sails over the balcony and lands just a few feet from the guards that surround Ryan. They turn to face this new intruder who with a flick of his wrist, produces three silver throwing knifes that he flings at the guards in the middle. One hits a guard right in the neck, causing him to grab handle with both hands while he struggles to breath before falling towards the floor. The second knife hits the guard dead center on the forehead and the sheer force alone sends him flying backwards. The third one hits a guard on the shoulder which makes him to drop his nightstick while he tries to pull it out, letting out painful yelps as he does. The remaining three men move away from Ryan and confront the hooded man, that would prove to be a mistake as they all jerk forward and fall face first on the floor, each one with a ninja star sticking out of their spine.

Ryan Apollos: What the hell are you doing here Steel?

The hooded man looks up as Ryan said "Steel" and as if to confirm his identity, he removes the hood and reveals his solid black hair. He looks around the bodies of dead guards laid out before him.

Steel Angel: Seems to me that you needed some help.

Ryan Apollos: I had it under control.

Steel Angel: Right...only because that worked so well for you the last few times.

This causes Ryan to grit his teeth but he doesn’t say anything, Steel took note of the silence and proceeded to speak again.

Steel Angel: Listen Ryan, we are both known for being lone wolves but this is not the time to be the macho hero that saves the day and gets all the credit. We have a common goal and like it or not, you can't fight this on your own man. There is something to be said about strength in numbers don't you agree?

Ryan Apollos: You're suggesting that we team up?

Steel Angel: Exactly......that is........if you think you can take him on your own, by all means do so.

He steps aside and makes a mocking gesture for Ryan to proceed. Ryan looks at Steel and then at the man still sitting in the chair. He sighs deeply and turns back to Steel.

Ryan Apollos: Ok fine you win, we'll team up, but you better not get in my way.

Steel Angel: Likewise Ryan, likewise.

Man in chair: Steel Angel..........to think I've finally got rid of you, seems no matter what I do, you always come back for more. You're like a roach that doesn’t know when to finally roll over and just die, well today........you die for real.

The lights flash on and here we see the figure of Chad Mason........only something isn't right about his appearance:

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos Dr-evil

Ryan and Steel look at each other and then back at.........this man who is sitting in Chad's chair. Only it's not really Chad but rather an old looking bald dude with weird looking outfit.

Steel Angel: Is this a joke?

Ryan Apollos: Yeah because I ain't laughing.
Man in chair: Woo woo woo you know it bro!

Steel Angel: -.-

Ryan: -.- Should we jus-

Steel Angel: Yes we should!

They both jump over the railing to the staircase where the man in the chair is sitting. He gets up and is flanked by a large muscle man with gas mask and another man with bucktooth grin on his face. They both step in front of the bald man and face Steel and Ryan.

Steel Angel: Where's Chad?

Bald Man: Well see that's for me to know and like for you guys to never figuire out.

Him and his bodygaurds start doing this evil laugh while Steel and Ryan just look on with straight faces. The two men decided that enough is enough and they charge towards the guards just as the scene instantly goes to black as the sound a phone rings in the distance.

Chapter 2: Children of misfortune

Date: 7-16-12
Time: Unknown.

The scene opens to the inside of Yuko's house, where Marley Jones is seen writing in her dairy as Yuko's phone starts ringing. Marley stops writing and makes the motion of reaching out to answer it when she hears a voice calling from the distance.

Yuko Isuma: Don't answer it; I'll be right there in a minute!

Marley then looked at the phone as it's still ringing and contemplated whether or not she should answer it. She then shrugs and goes back to writing in her dairy. Then the bathroom swings open letting out a cloud of steam as Yuko steps out completely topless wearing nothing but his black baggy jeans with the belt buckle strapped firmly around his waist keeping the pants from falling off. He looks like he just stepped out of a hot shower as his long hair is wet and dripping water and steam forming around his ripped body. Marley couldn’t help but stare at him as he casually walks towards his still ring phone and grabs the top of his couch and flings himself over gracefully landing almost perfectly on the two seats that form the couch. He then reaches for the phone and takes one look at it before pushing the answer button and placed it near his face.

Yuko Isuma: Sorry lady, not ready to talk yet.

He then hangs up and just tosses the phone aside as he stretches out his legs and rests his hands on the back of his head while staring up at the ceiling. He seems unaware that Marley is still watching him from her chair in the corner, not even bother to look back at her dairy instead preferring to just stare at him.

Yuko Isuma: *snorts* This day hasn’t even started yet, and she's already calling me.

Marley Jones: Who is calling you?

Yuko dosen't bother to look at her, instead his gaze is fixed on the ceiling above him.

Yuko Isuma: Hostyle's wife Chalida, don't how she got my number but even since she did that lady never stopped calling. Every time I pick up all I hear from her is "Hostyle this" and "Hostyle that" I mean who the hell does she think I am, his keeper?

Marley Jones: Speaking of which, have you made any contact with my brother lately?

Yuko Isuma: Hardly, I mean I barely even see him around backstage during the show. He just goes out, does his match, and then just disappears. I know it's been tough for him lately, between his son and his wife who was involved in some kind of weird experiment with him but-

Marley Jones: Wait what about Chalida and an experiment?

Yuko Isuma: Yeah.....that's another thing I'm trying to figure out. Apparently his wife and her father did some kind of test on Hostyle's brain which went bad and caused his mental state to become worse or some stuff like that. I really don't know what's going on but from what I heard, it looks like you won't be going back home anytime soon.

Just saying made Marley lower her head, this caused Yuko to move from his resting place and move to where she is. He then stands over her and wraps her head and hugs her close to his chest. She doesn’t resist and embraces him as well, Yuko couldn’t help but feel really sorry for her, between dealing with his childhood memories of his overbearing father and overcoming the grief of his dead girlfriend, this was the least he could do to comfort himself. That was to share his pain with someone else. Ever since she moved to his home, Yuko had spent some time in getting to know her better. From this he learned about how she was abused and molested by her drunken father and barely knowing much about her mother. It was rumored that she was killed by the father, possibly beaten her to death although this was never confirmed. After her brother had to spend time in juvenile hall for attacking his father in order to protect her, she was moved to a foster care for some time. Once her brother was out, he took her away and moved to a new home where the two siblings hoped to start anew. Alas though it wasn’t meant to be as danger haunted Marley at every turn, it became so bad that Hostyle would take her with him during the shows and placed her in the locker room where she could be safe. This was around the time when Hostyle and Yuko formed the Human Highlight Reels and Hostyle's "best friend" would betray him during their first tag match. Allowing Syco to kidnap Marley and hold her hostage until Ragnarok, where Yuko would free her. Since then he's became Marley's new "guardian angel' in a sense, while Hostyle is busy trying to get his shit together, Yuko is stuck babysitting. Not that Yuko minded having Marley stay with him, in fact it helped to ease his own pain that he's been holding in ever since that night when his girlfriend died. In a way he saw Marley as his escape from that hallow emptiness that just ate at him until there was nothing left to devour. Yuko and Marley, both are children of misfortune; both have experienced things that would break the spirit of a normal person. They felt pain, they know pain and have learned to endure it, it made them stronger, made them the very people that they are today. Somehow they were able to find each other in the mist of all this, Marley never knew she could find another person that has been through the hell she's been in and yet she did. Could this have been fate? Could it have been chance? Marley and Yuko, two people who have been through hell and back meet for the first time and now it's like they known each other for years. Yuko never thought about that until just now and looking at Marley made him feel.......alive.

Few hours later.....

Yuko and Marley are seen around the back garden as Yuko is talking on the phone while Marley is sitting on a swing just watching him while she sat there. From the sound of the conversation Yuko is having, he's clearly speaking to her brother.

Yuko Isuma: What do you mean you drank and smoked with Hugh Jackman? So wait let me get this straight, you broke into this guy's hoping to find the dude that played in the old Spiderman films and kidnap him? Dude you're in the wrong place for that!

He was laughing but he also tried to keep a straight face just some he wouldn’t lose face around Marley. However that wasn’t working out as well as he hoped as she could see him struggling not to laugh and that brought a smile to her face. It's nice that Marley can find herself at peace for what seemed like forever, while she's no longer under the safety of her big brother; she seems very content with Yuko. She couldn’t help but feel for the guy, he's been working out like never before, busting his ass in the gym every chance he got. She would always help out while he was away, often cleaning up the house and making dinner for whenever he got home. It was her way of thanking him for his generosity towards her. She could not begin to imagine what her life would be like right now if Yuko wasn’t here for her. She had so much to repay him for, but they are both helping each other to get over the obstacles in their lives. Marley can only hope and pray that her brother would finally come to his senses so that they could go back to being an actual family again. But the young girl could not help but feel that her brother may not be the same person she knew and loved. She always looked up to him for protection; he was her knight in shining armor. Now that role has been taken over by a man whole is much like a modern day knight in shining armor. As she thought of all this, Yuko hung up his phone and walked towards her, still trying his best to keep a straight face but failing badly at it.

Yuko Isuma: Well now I've heard it all, seems your brother was sneaking into Hugh Jackman's thinking that Toby Maguire still lives there. He was gonna kidnap him because he didn't want to star in the new Spiderman film that recently came out. Now he's playing Real Steel with the guy and just pissed on Hugh's Ambush robot that he used in the film!

They both just started laughing right there, Marley nearly fell off her chair but Yuko was right there to catch her fall. However as he did that, he and Marley started locking eyes with each other. Yuko didn't know what he was doing but he felt himself moving closer and closer to Marley and she did the same. Just as their lips were about to touch though, they both suddenly snapped out of their trance and Yuko pulled back but still held on to her. He then straightens her up and brushed her down before letting go of her.

Yuko Isuma: Forgive me I just.......well............

Marley Jones: It's alright Yuko.........I mean..........

They then stared at each other for the longest time and after a few moments of awkward silence Yuko simply turned and walked away, leaving Marley sitting there thinking about what just occurred a few moments ago. Yuko also tried to figure it out as well, as he stared at the roses that Marley planted for him a week ago and are now starting to bloom, he stood there in deep thought and said out loud:

Yuko Isuma: What did I just do?

He knew exactly what he did, he nearly kissed Marley.

TO BE CONTINUE

Last edited by Steel Angel on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Cavington Chronicles, Part V: Cristo Redentor

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos CCRedentor
Jennifer Young: "You're giving up?"

Chad Mason: "I can't do it."

Jennifer Young: "What do you mean?"

Chad Mason: "I mean you were right. James Cavington was right. This city is too much. It changes people. I thought I could take it...I can't."

Jennifer sits down on the bed. I toss another of my shirts into the suitcase.

Jennifer Young: "You came so close."

I spin around, looking at her.

Chad Mason: "Close? I'm no closer to figuring this out than the day I arrived here! Every sad son of a bitch in this city says the same thing. They tell me he's alive. They tell me he's still out there...and so far, every one of them has sent me on a wild goose chase."

Jennifer Young: "You knew the risks when you took the job, Inspector. You knew you were dealing with the toughest city you've ever faced. Do you remember what you told me?"

I sigh. I hated when she got like this. Always reminding me of the words I would later have to eat.

Jennifer Young: "You told me you could handle anything. You told me it was going to be the biggest case of your life. You told me, no matter what happened, you would figure this out."

Chad Mason: "I was wrong."

Jennifer Young: "Fine. Give up then. I don't care. It's not my career on the line. Or did you forget that?"

Chad Mason: "Don't start."

Jennifer Young: "You botched three raids. Let seven criminals walk free. You used to be the best. You used to be able to attach any man in town to a crime. Then what? You stopped caring. You got sloppy. You let your career get away from you. Then the Kryptic case wound up on your desk. Find Kryptic, and your career would be right back to where it was. The mystery nobody could ever solve, and you were hellbent on solving it. You know what I saw? I saw the man you used to be. THe man who would give up at nothing to catch the guy he was looking for. The man who would go days without sleep, analyzing interrogations, suspects, clues, anything that might be able to help him. You were one of the most brilliant men I'd ever seen. But no. You proved me wrong. Just like your entire career...it started off brilliantly, and you've let it slip away."

I spin on my heels, glaring at her.

Chad Mason: "You know why I stopped caring? Because they stopped caring about me. You're right, I requested the transfer to Cavington for a reason. I took this case because I figured maybe...just maybe, this city would appreciate my talents more than Dredeston ever did. I thought maybe Cavington would be my ticket out of that pit. I was wrong. Cavington is beyond saving. Even if I took down every crook, villain, and criminal in town, there'd always be another one to take his place. And those people would never forgive me for it. Everone I've come across in this case has been no help. I've met the sickest individuals I've ever met, all in the name of finding one man, and every time, I hit another dead end. It's like this case is meant to never be solved. Every time I get close to the end, something happens to move the goal line to the other end of the field. Everyone I meet, sending me on some crazy chase..."

I stop as I realize what I'm saying.

Chad Mason: "...giving me another clue to follow."

I stop. Jennifer smiles. I seize my file, flipping through it. Eastwick. Hemming. Borden. They had all said the same thing. Nobody in the town believed Kryptic was dead. All three had witnessed his methods first hand...

Chad Mason: "He's doing it."

I page through more files. Every spoken word, every article, every sketcher's rendition. Aliases. Clues. Kryptic's name everywhere.

Chad Mason: "He knows I'm trying to find him..."

Jennifer smiles.

Jennifer Young: "Does that mean you're back on the case?"

I ignore her, my eyes racing frantically over the newspaper clippings, the hastily scrawled notes, the detailed analyses I had written about each criminal I met.

Chad Mason: "Borden was a pawn. He knew she would meet me. He knew Redentor would catch her. He knew she would die."

Jennifer smiles, and wraps her arms around my waist, resting her chin on my shoulder.

Jennifer Young: "So tell me, Inspector...what do we do next?"

I look up from the notes.

Chad Mason: "We need to find Redentor..."

-------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer Young: "You know how much I hate you?"

I laugh, leaning back in my seat. I pick up the radio attached to the dashboard of the car.

Chad Mason: "Less complaining, more action."

Jennifer Young: "Promise me you're going to be there to help me."

Chad Mason: "I've promised you a hundred times. You'll be fine."

Jennifer Young: "Promise me a hundred and one."

I sigh.

Chad Mason: "I promise, I'll be there the moment things turn sour."

Jennifer takes a deep breath. I keep a careful eye on her. She wears a black veil that covers her face, as well as dark sunglasses. Though it's impossible to see, she wears an earpiece and a microphone, concealed beneath her hair and clothes, allowing her to communicate with me as I watch from the car. I hear her breathing heavily.

Jennifer Young: "Are you sure this is going to work?"

Chad Mason: "No. But it's the best I could come up with."

Jennifer Young: "I hate you so much."

Chad Mason: "Just get on with it."

She looks up at the building in front of her, and takes a breath. She slowly walks into the store. Silence.

Chad Mason: "Can you hear me?"

Jennifer Young: "Kinda. It's........up."

Chad Mason: "Shit."

Jennifer tries to say something, but her voice slowly fades into static.

Chad Mason: "Fucking signal..."

I smack the dashboard a few times, but it does nothing to ease the static. Signal interference, perhaps. Or maybe she was simply too far away. I couldn't risk moving in closer. I watch the building intently, waiting for the first sign of things going wrong. Without warning, an alarm goes off, piercing the silence.

Chad Mason: "There it is."

I wait, watching for any signs of trouble. Jennifer runs from the building, and glances towards my car as she exits.

Jennifer Young: ".....out. What....do?"

Chad Mason: "What?"

I smack the dashboard again. The static silences.

Jennifer Young: "What next?"

Chad Mason: "Find a car."

Jennifer Young: "Are you nuts?"

Chad Mason: "Maybe. I'll make sure nothing happens. Just go."

Jennifer groans, but steps out into the street. Immediately, cars screech to a stop, swerving out of the way and blaring their horns at her as they narrowly avoid hitting her. She approaches one man's car. He rolls down the window, staring at her. I can hear his voice through her microphone.

Man: "Are you insane? Get out of the street!"

Jennifer Young: "Sorry, I'm just...there was a robbery, and..."

Man: "Are you alright?"

Jennifer smiles, leaning into the window. She pulls a switchblade from her pocket, holding it to the man's throat.

Jennifer Young: "I could use a ride."

The man slowly opens the door, sliding out of the car. Jennifer smirks, and gets in.

Jennifer Young: "Thanks, honey."

She blows him a kiss before speeding off. I quickly follow, watching as she zips between cars, flying between traffic.

Jennifer Young: "Still there, inspector?"

I pick up the radio.

Chad Mason: "Yeah."

Jennifer Young: "How am I doing?"

Chad Mason: "Armed robbery, carjacking, attempted murder, and now multiple traffic violations? Keep it up, and he might give you the fully loaded gun."

Jennifer Young: "If I die because of this..."

Chad Mason: "You'll kill me. You told me. Slow down a little bit."

Jennifer laughs at the other end.

Jennifer Young: "Can't keep up, Inspector?"

Chad Mason: "I'm simply trying to follow you without being noticed."

Jennifer Young: "Oh, you're a party pooper. Fine, let me get into an open lane and-"

A loud bang sounds, and Jennifer screams. Her tires explode from her wheels, and she skids across the street, sliding and spinning across the road. She slams into the wall of a heavy brick building, and doesn't move. I slam on my brakes, stopping a good block from where her tires burst. Across the street, I spot the spike strip, sitting at the end of the road. A man slowly emerges from the building across the street. He checks for traffic, and upon seeing none, crosses the street, stopping only to pick up the strip, retract it, and stick it into a thick carrying case he holds. He smiles, turning his attention towards Jennifer's car. He opens the door, pulling her from the vehicle. Slowly, he draws his revolver.

Redentor: "Where's the money?"

Jennifer Young: "What money?"

Redentor smacks her across the face with his gun.

Redentor: "I watched you rob that store. What did you take? Where is it?"

Jennifer Young: "I didn't take anything."

Redentor growls, and grabs her by the throat, holding the gun to her head.

Redentor: "Maybe I should warn you...You should really reconsider before you lie to me."

Jennifer chokes, trying to breathe.

Jennifer Young: "I'm.....not.....lying."

Redentor stares at her. He throws her to the ground.

Redentor: "You move, I shoot."

He looks in the car, keeping his gun on her the entire time. He smirks, and pulls a briefcase from the car.

Redentor: "Your spoils?"

He grins, and opens the case. It's empty. He glares back at Jennifer.

Redentor: "You robbed it. Then you stole that car, and you ran. Why?"

Jennifer Young: "I didn't do anything."

Redentor: "You're lying."

Jennifer Young: "I triggered the alarm myself, and ran."

Redentor stares at her. He chuckles. Slowly, it turns to a hearty laugh.

Redentor: "You're petty! You're not a burglar, you're not a murderer...you're some punk who pulled the fire alarm!"

Jennifer Young: "So I'm free to go?"

Redentor laughs, and pulls his ammo box from his pocket.

Redentor: "Not quite."

He circles Jennifer, looking her up and down.

Redentor: "I don't understand you people. Pretty girl like yourself. What makes you scum do what you do? What drives a person to that level?"

Jennifer says nothing. Redentor slowly pulls bullets from the box, sliding one into each of the chambers as he circles her, leaving only one chamber empty.

Redentor: "There are five chambers loaded. A one in six chance you'll walk out of here unscathed. No confessions? No final words?"

Jennifer Young: "I have nothing to say."

Redentor: "You're awfully confident. By now, even the hardest criminals have that look of fear in their eyes. You know...the look a man gets when he doesn't know if he'll live or die."

Jennifer Young: "You're no better than they are."

Redentor: "That so? I clean up this city. I remove it's stains. With Cavington Police as corrupt as it is, I'm the last beacon of justice in this town."

Jennifer Young: "You're a murderer. Just like the men you hunt."

Redentor: "Strong words coming from the one without a gun."

Jennifer Young: "I'm not afraid to die."

Redentor presses the gun to the back of her head.

Redentor: "No? Maybe you should be."

Jennifer Young: "Maybe. But I'm not. I suppose you could call me blessed."

Redentor smirks.

Redentor: "The religious freaks are always the most amusing. Very well...what makes you so 'blessed?'"

Jennifer smiles.

Jennifer Young: "I have a guardian angel."

Redentor stares at her. Slowly, he reaches down, and yanks something from her neck. He steps away from her, noticing what he's pulled from her body.

Redentor: "You're wearing a wire..."

He raises his gun at her, and I immediately slam my foot on the gas pedal. He takes aim, directing his gun at the back of Jennifer's head. I open the passenger door and roll out. The car slams into Redentor's side just as he pulls the trigger. The vehicle continues forward, carrying Redentor to the building beside him, and crushing Redentor at the waist. Jennifer slumps to the ground, and I rush to her side.

Chad Mason: "Jenny?"

Her eyes roll around in her head, and blood seeps from a wound in her back.

Jennifer Young: "You promised..."

I shake my head, tears welling in my eyes.

Chad Mason: "I know...I'm sorry."

She smiles weakly, looking me in the face.

Jennifer Young: "At least...you caught him, right?"

Chad Mason: "He's not important. We can get you to a hospital. We can help you."

Jennifer shakes her head slowly. She takes long, drawing breaths.

Jennifer Young: "Don't let this opportunity slip away. Find Kryptic."

Chad Mason: "Kryptic can wait. You need help."

Jennifer says nothing, just taking long breaths. I fumble for my phone, flipping it open, and dialing 911. She grabs my wrist.

Jennifer Young: "Don't. Do what you came here to do."

I stare at her. She smiles, and rests her hand on my face.

Jennifer Young: "I can't feel my legs."

Chad Mason: "Let me get help. Let me call an ambulance..."

Jennifer takes another breath, and slowly closes her eyes.

Chad Mason: "Come on...don't. Stay with me, Jen...please..."

She doesn't reply, slowly letting her head fall back. I catch it, dropping my phone so I can hold her head in my hands.

Operator: "Sir? Sir, what is your emergency?"

I glance down at the phone. I hadn't realized I had dialed the number. With a shaking hand, I pick it up.

Chad Mason: "....no emergency, ma'am....It's too late."

Operator: "Sir? What happened. What is your loca-"

I close the phone, cutting her off, and stare at Jennifer, lying on the street, as blood slowly begins to pool around her.

Redentor: "Touching..."

I glare at him. He grins, blood dripping from his mouth, splashing across the hood of the white car. I get to my feet, approaching him. He's pinned to the building, the bumper of the car around his waist. He plants his hands on the hood of the car, trying to push himself free. He groans in pain, not moving an inch, and causing blood to seep from his lips, running down his chin. Eventually, he stops, breathing heavily. I walk along the driver's side and grab him by the throat, slamming his head into the wall behind him.

Chad Mason: "You did this to her."

Redentor: "It needed to be done."

Chad Mason: "She was innocent."

Redentor laughs.

Redentor: "Innocent? You're a man of the law, Inspector. You should know...innocence is an objective term."

Chad Mason: "She never hurt anyone. Never did anything wrong. You killed her out of pride."

Redentor: "I killed her out of justice."

I slam his head into the hood of the car. Redentor groans, coughing up more blood.

Redentor: "Kid, I'm already dead. Beat me up all you want, it's not going to bring your little girlfriend back."

My blood boils. I feel my face getting hot. I smash his head into the hood again, and sending another spray of blood from his lips across the car.

Redentor: "Think this'll make you feel better? It won't. Sure, you could do it. Kill me. I'll tell you what'll happen. You'll finish me off...you'll watch my life slip away...and then what? You're left with a dead girl, a million questions, and no way to have them answered. You'll be alone. You'll have nobody to turn to, nobody to help you...so you'll go out on some quest for justice. Vengeance. Maybe, if you hunt long enough...you take out enough scum...your life will still have purpose. You might even find the answers to those questions you had for so long. Nobody will have the answers. You can search forever, and you will never find them."

Chad Mason: "And how the fuck would you know?"

Redentor chuckles.

Redentor: "Because I thought the same thing."

I pause for a moment, looking at him. In an instant, my anger returns, along with a fresh wave of hatred for the man before me.

Chad Mason: "I'm not like you."

Redentor smirks.

Redentor: "Maybe. Maybe not. But are you willing to take that chance?"

I stop again, staring at him.

Redentor: "Someday, you'll find, just as I found...everyone has prejudices. Everyone has biases. There's only one true justice in the world. Chance. The flip of a coin. The roll of the dice. It doesn't care who you are...how bad you have it...how much money you have...you'll always have the same odds as the guy standing next to you."

Chad Mason: "So talk. I have questions? You have answers."

Redentor: "I'm pinned to a wall. Give me another ten minutes, I'll be dead and gone, and you'll never get a word from me. I don't have to tell you anything. I can sit here, die, and leave you with all those questions, and nowhere to search for answers."

I press his face into the hood of the car, putting massive pressure on his skull.

Chad Mason: "Talk."

Redentor laughs.

Redentor: "You don't get it. I'm going to die anyway. All you're doing is speeding the process. You can't threaten me with anything. I'm done talking."

I stare at him. I wanted so badly to end it there. Kill him, be done with it, and know that he would never be around to terrorize anyone again...but a part of me couldn't do it. I couldn't kill him...what if he was right? For a moment, I see him in a different light. A man like me...with everything going his way, only to have it torn from him. Perhaps he was right. Maybe he wasn't the warped psychopath I had made him out to be. Behind his twisted morals and sense of justice...perhaps there was a true person there. A good man who had gone wrong...was I so immune to the same corruption? Yes. I wasn't like him. He made his choice, and I would not make the same mistake. I glare at him, and slowly, my hands relax, easing the pressure on his skull. I release him, reach into my pocket, and slam a coin on the hood next to him. He raises an eyebrow.

Redentor: "I don't take bribes, Inspector."

I hold the coin in plain view, right in front of his face.

Chad Mason: "Heads, you talk. Tails, I leave you alone."

He looks from the coin to me and back again.

Redentor: "Fifty-Fifty. You want to gamble it all away on even odds?"

Chad Mason: "Would you accept it otherwise?"

He smirks.

Redentor: "Toss it."

I flip the coin, watching it turn in the air before landing on the hood of the car...heads side up. Redentor nods slowly.

Redentor: "Fair enough. Fire away."

Chad Mason: "Where's Kryptic?"

Redentor: "I don't know."

Chad Mason: "What DO you know?"

Redentor: "I know he was the one I could never catch."

Chad Mason: "Keep talking."

Redentor: "He insisted on leaving his puzzles at every crime. Insisted on handing out clues, luring people towards him, trying to bring them to his trap."

Chad Mason: "Give me a name."

Redentor: "I...can't. Nobody knows it. Those that did learned that it was only an alias. I could just as easily give you a hundred names as I could say he doesn't have one."

Chad Mason: "Give me a location. Where was he last seen?"

Redentor: "Nobody's seen him. You don't get it. I don't think you're hunting a man. I think you're hunting a phantom. There are people in this town that are convinced he's not one man. He's an organization. A group of people, all with the same methods...all with the same goal."

Chad Mason: "What goal?"

Redentor: "I couldn't tell you."

Chad Mason: "Guess."

Redentor: "What part of it don't you get? Kryptic, whoever he...she...they are...they can't be caught."

Chad Mason: "You must have tried to catch him. You said he was the one man you could never find."

Redentor: "He's a criminal, naturally I'd want to bring him in. The problem is, nobody knows a damn thing about him. Nobody's seen him. Nobody's heard him. Nobody knows who his is, or why he does what he does. He defies everything we know about the criminal mind. His only consistency is his riddles. Besides that? No connection between crimes. No motive. No patterns. He breaks all the rules to a game he isn't playing."

Chad Mason: "So you have nothing."

Redentor: "Nothing useful."

Chad Mason: "So let's try the useless."

Redentor: "He ran the city-"

Chad Mason: "At some point. Right, I got that. Old news."

Redentor: "I wasn't finished. When he disappeared, Frost rose to power."

I pause.

Chad Mason: "Frost."

Redentor: "Yeah. Little Miss White Christmas on the Upper West Side. Her reign didn't begin until right after Kryptic pulled his little vanishing act."

Chad Mason: "You think she was involved?"

Redentor: "I've never gotten close enough to find out."

I stare at him. Slowly, my anger fades, as my thoughts try to take over. I try to focus, trying to block the thoughts of Jennifer's face from my head...I would never see that face again...But I had a goal. She was determined to see it through, and I needed to finish it. For her sake.

Chad Mason: "Tell me how to get to Frost."

Redentor: "Bundle up."

I grab him by the throat.

Chad Mason: "No more jokes."

Redentor: "I couldn't even begin to tell you."

He chokes up a fresh spray of blood, coating my arm with it. I release him, trying to sort my thoughts.

Redentor: "I think we're done here."

I look at him. He smirks, despite the blood still running down his chin. His breathing is heavier, and with every drawing breath, he releases another mist of blood which falls lightly to the hood of the car. I nod, and slowly turn away, taking one last look at Jennifer as I pass.

Redentor: "That's it then? You got the answers, and you still won't kill me?"

I turn back to look at him. Redentor eyes his gun, lying on the ground near my feet. I slowly pick it up, looking at it. Redentor smirks.

Redentor: "You have the answers you wanted...no reason for you to keep me around, is there?"

I slowly walk back to him, gripping the gun as I approach him. I press the gun to his head, feeling the power of the weapon in my hands. He closes his eyes, preparing for the final blow. I stand there for what seems like forever, the cold metal in my hands, pressed to Redentor's temple. For a moment, I could even feel my finger, tightening around the trigger, itching to put that last bit of pressure on it and end the whole thing. Finally, I pull the gun away, and open it up, spilling the remaining four bullets from the chamber. Redentor stares at me, bewildered. I drop the gun, letting it fall to the ground with a clatter.

Chad Mason: "Like I said..."

I pull the coin back from my pocket, and toss it. Redentor follows it with his eyes as it flips in the air, then lands on the hood of the car, right in front of him.

Heads.

Chad Mason: "I'm not like you."

I turn to walk away. Redentor slowly reaches for the coin, turning it over in his fingers, staring in disbelief at the identical face on each side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos 394599_orig1

Date: 7-21-12
Time: Unknown.

I arrived early to the show as I always do; I could see the props being set up for this week's PPV. Heroes also Die, what a fitting name indeed. Someone is going to die it seems and ironically enough, it won't be a hero but rather a person who believes himself to be god's gift to this company. He prances around with his little army of toy soldiers and his most prize possession, the IWF title. A belt that I've sworn over my dead girlfriend who died in my arms the week before the match against Shark, that I would win it not just for her sake, but for mine as well.

I still had thoughts about that day; I won't ever forget that moment when she died in my arms, her eyes connected to mine as she drew her last breath. Every time I close my eyes, I keep seeing the same flashback running in my head like some cruel rerun........

Flashback: One week before Ragnarok.

I remember it so well, I remembered blacking out, then I felt something very painful tugging me, pulling me back into the real world. I would slowly regain my senses; I felt a sharp pain across my right leg as I looked around and realized that I resting right next to an airbag. I started to panic as I fumbled around the left side of the door reaching for the handle, my hand soon found it and pulled out opening the side door. I then pulled myself out and landed somewhat awkwardly on the asphalt. My right leg is inflamed right now and looks like I have a nice cut that reaches halfway across my knee, aside from that and a headache I wasn’t really banged up that badly. The airbag thankfully absorbed a considerable amount of the impact. Even though I could hear the sound of sirens in the distance, my main concern is finding out what the hell hit me.

I tried to stand up, big mistake as I felt the sharp pain returning to my right leg. It didn't look like it was broken, however with a cut like that it can get infected if not treated soon. I did my best to ignore the pain as I maintained a vertical stance. The car was a total wreck, the entire right side was smashed and the other car that hit me was in even worse shape. The entire front side was bent inwards, the whole front windshield was shattered, I could see blood splattered where a huge hole was made. It looked the driver didn't make it as I could just barely see his head resting where the hole is formed, shards of glass embedded into his skull.

Then I felt my heart skip a beat as I remembered something: Kurumi was still in the passenger side!

I then kept the door open and feared for the worse, I could see Kurumi among the wreckage wedged between the door and the seats. She was bleeding from the corners of her mouth and it doesn’t look like she was going to last very long.

Yuko Isuma: No, no no no no damnit NO!! Kurumi!

I didn't have time to think; I just reached back inside the car and tried to pull her out of the mess. It was a slow process but I was soon able to pull her out completely and laid her resting on the floor. I immediately removed my jacket that I was wearing and used it to cover her up. She was in worse shape than I thought, her body was laced with cuts and scars also she appears to have a small piece of metal lodged into her abdomen. I considered removing it but then realized that it would be pointless.......she's dying and the only thing I can do it keep her company.

Kurumi: Yu........yu........k........ko..........yu......ko?

Yuko Isuma: Take it easy, I'm here for you.

I was frantic, I didn't know what I wanted to do right now. I feel like screaming, running to the nearby houses and pound on the doors, pull my hair out, so many things were going through my mind. However all I did was look into Kurumi's eyes and watched as the life was slowly being sucked out of them.

Yuko Isuma: Kurumi listen to me, you’re going to be alright ok? I can hear sirens from the distance; maybe someone saw the crash and called the paramedics! Kurumi you need to stay with me.......please!

I wanted to touch her, take her into my arms, hug her against my chest and never let go. But I didn't dare move her for fear that she might end up losing more blood. God know how much internal damage she's suffered.

Kurumi: Yu.....ko.......i.....promise..........promise me.........

Yuko Isuma: What? Promise you what!?

Kurumi: Promise me.........that.........you'll become champion........promise me...........please......

How was I supposed to respond to that? My own girlfriend laying here on her deathbed after suffering from a car crash and now.......this? I resisted the urge to cry, I wanted to look away, I wanted to just say something........anything to her. I had to think fast, she's losing too much blood, there's no telling how much longer she has.

Yuko Isuma: Kurumi I.........I........I promise, I promise you that I will.......that I will become a champion once again.

I said that through choked tears which I fought hard to hold back. I buried my hands against my face, I didnt want to her to see me like this. But then I could feel her hand reaching out to touch my face, I didn't resist in fact I took my hand and held over hers.

Kurumi: T......thanks......Yuko........I want........you to know that..........no matter what...........I will always..........love you.......

With that her eyes begin to close as she drew her final breath, I could feel her hand on my face just fall down on the ground. I was entirely speechless as the tears I've tried so hard to fight back........I just decided to let out the water works. I didn't hold back anymore, I lacked the willpower to do so.......I just sat there in silence letting my tears rain down on my former girlfriend's body. I could hear the sound of sirens becoming louder now and I could hear the voices in the distance calling out to me, but I didn't listen....I just let them take me away, forever torn away from a loved one.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

As I returned back to the present time, I remembered making that vow and that's what I did, I went out there briefcase in hand and cashed in on Shark that night. Even though he was already taken out by that bastard Chad and his little group, I wasn’t gonna miss out a chance to humiliate Shark. I made him left the federation, never to come back, he didn't even bother to show up for the main event, I remembered the guy himself telling me about who's real and who's fake. Well that night he proved just how fake he really was, just a sore loser, he could have just been a real man a fight me injured or not. He could have swallowed his pride and take the fall, but nope instead he rather tuck tail and leave, destroying whatever pride he had left and any respect he got from these fans died along with his career.

And who better than to take his place? The awkward tool himself Chad Mason who until now has turned the whole world of IWF upside down. With his group he was able to beat me in a one on one match, and then I tried putting him in a steel cage match to keep the rest of the group from interfering. When that didn't work I went with my last resort, which is to put Chad and me in a Trip to Oblivion match.

For me this is do or die, there are no second chances, no going back. I have no excuse this time, Chad thought he could screw both me and Ryan and weaken both of us but his plan ended up backfiring on him. We had a whole week to heal up and compared to the shit me and Ryan had been through in the months we've been here, that match was just child's play and while we took some heavy hits, it was something that we could easily recover from. Chad is making the biggest mistake by being overconfident in this match. He doesn’t have the help of Natural Law this time around and not even his girlfriend can bail him out of this. The leader of Natural Law is going into this battle all by himself and this time there can be no mistakes, no screw ups. This is make or break for me, I remembered telling myself at the cemetery that I would never be like my dad who was a complete failure and pushed me because of it. I will surpass him, I will overcome him and god willing I will do Kurumi right by winning this match, my match, the match that I formed during the old DW days, a match that I've yet to win in.

The keyword of course being yet.

Chad's in the same position that I was in when I first brought this match into IWF, I was overconfident, I believe that the experience advantage alone would have been enough for me to put Aric Voss away and win that 5th defense for the New Blood belt. I remembered being so close to achieving that great feat, so young in my career here in IWF, then because I was so confident in my win, I let my guard down and thus paid the ultimate price for it. I nearly died in that match. All because I was cocky, all because I didn't know any better.

But that was then, this is now. I've grown so much in the months that passed by, I've carried main events, I've took on the best IWF had to offer. I've beaten great odds and became a Heavyweight champion, but then this awkward fuck decides to rain on my parade and destroy what I've worked so hard to build. By winning the IWF title, he made me break my vow to Kurumi and that…….just........killed me. Since then I could think of nothing but revenge and this would be the ultimate revenge. It's not just me though; it's also Ryan who until now has never gotten that big break in his life. We both want that belt but only one of use can win it.

However we can both agree on one thing, whoever wins this, Chad cannot have the belt.

*The Shoot*

Looking into this fight you would think I have the greatest advantage. After all I made this match; I know it like the back of my hand. The design, the rules, the weapons, everything that has to do with this match came from my mind and mine alone.

However ironically enough I'm not the favorite in this fight, matter of fact I'm the ultimate underdog.

Why?

Because everyone is pulling for Ryan Apollos to win this match. I mean he hasn’t had a match like this since what? Since his days back in NLWF? Well this isn't NLWF pal, this is IWF and instead of one power hungry red Mohawk dictator pulling the strings here, we have a unit of people working here in this fine federation making sure that this match runs as smooth as it can.

Doesn’t means it's not going to get bloody though, indeed you can be certain that bones with break and careers will be shorten greatly in this match.

Chad Mason, what can I say to you that I haven’t already said to you before?

You bragged about your stupid plan and how it won you the belt and blah blah blah we all know you can't win a fight to save your own ass. Hell even your own girlfriend can fight better than you! If it was just you and me one on one with no help, you would go down in no time. Hell you would lasted longer having sex with Ashley then the complete beat down I would give you! Let's face it; you're just a cheap clone of Chuck Matthews, nothing original, nothing amazing and really nothing very memorable. The only real shock that came to mind was that you won the IWF belt and that's it!

Well tonight I'm taking back what is rightfully mine!

If Ryan wants to help out, he's more than welcomed to, we've put up with you and your stupid group for far too long! We will take you out first, and then we can focus on each other.

Ryan, I tried to warn you man, but you didn't listen and look happen. You allowed this guy to get the better of you!

You just gonna stand there and let him walk all over you like that? Or will you stand up and fight back?

That's what I would do; in fact that's what I'm going to do. I'm fighting for my place in the history of IWF, just like you Ryan, we're young, and we share a common goal. But Chad here is just a complete ass clown and you and I know it! I personality don't care if you or I walk away with the belt in the end, just as long as he leaves HAD with no gold around him.

Tonight is a night for redemption, for me and for Ryan; we're not going to take this anymore. I'm not going to take this anymore.

At HAD three men will fight for the greatest prize ever, on top of one of the most dangerous matches ever.

By the end of it all........only one will stand tall, the rest will be staring into the heavens above, praying for forgiveness.

For my sake, I will be the one that stands tall.

Kurumi.........this one is for you.

Last edited by Steel Angel on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Chad Mason: "You think I didn't plan for this?

You think I didn't see this coming from a mile away?

This is what I live for.

That's the best part about you, Steel. You're so painfully predictable. I can see it now. You hear the announcement that you and Apollos will both be competing against me, and in a Trip to Oblivion match to boot. You get that warm feeling inside. That smug little smirk. Chad Mason is finally screwed, right? The odds are stacked against him, right?

You poor, sad, son of a bitch. You don't get it, do you? Once again, just like I did at Isolation, just like I did at Ragnarok...I planned every little step of the way.

You can't have thought I expected to get away scot-free, did you? Come on. People don't like me. I call a draw in your match against Apollos. You think I expected all my problems to go away? Not in the slightest. You think I expected a draw to mean I could fight you one-on-one again? Not a chance.

So, when Brandon walked out after your match with Apollos...I smiled. I laughed. Why?

Because he did exactly what I figured he would do. He came out, and he tried to stick me in an impossibly situation, and in doing so...

He tipped the scales further in my favor.

You see, I'm undefeated since my return to IWF. I've taken down champions. I've taken out legends. I've led a team to the pinnacle of IWF, and I myself am the current IWF Champion.

And yet...there are still doubters. There are still those who will deny me the limelight I've earned. Those who will deny me my glory. The prestige associated with winning the IWF Championship.

And so, we have Heroes Also Die. Isolation was Natural Law's night to establish their foothold in IWF. At Ragnarok, we dominated the competition, and rose to the top of the company...and it seems to me, Heroes Also Die is dedicated to the age-old "divide and conquer" approach. Separate Natural Law, and try to pick them off one by one. Hostyle Jones against Marcus Silverstone. Beno taking on Jinx. Ruby Winters against Rosalie Knight. Myself in the triple threat match. Each match with the same stipulation. Natural Law is not allowed to assist each other.

THis amuses me, because it means one of two things will happen. Either Natural Law will lose it all in one night, and prove that they were nothing if not a massive unit of competitors...or we'll walk out with every title in IWF, and silence any remaining doubters who claim that Natural Law cannot win without the aid of their cronies.

Which leads me, then, to the question of the night for Steel Angel and Ryan Apollos.

How much faith are you willing to put in that idea? How sure are you that I'm incapable of victory without Natural Law having my back? You'll talk from now until the end of time that when Natural Law is banned from ringside, I'll lose the match...but are you willing to risk a shot at the IWF Championship on that?

That's what you need to ask yourself as you walk down the ramp. And to tell you the truth? I think there’s already that seed of doubt planted in both of your minds. I think, for all the talking the two of you will do, there’s still that tiny voice in the back of your minds, haunting you with the question that tears you from the inside out.

‘What if he’s as good as he says he is?’

What if, Ryan? What if, Steel? What if everything I say is true? What if Natural Law is simply a distraction for a grander scheme? What if, even without Natural Law, I’m as dominant and as talented as I’ve proven myself to be over the last couple months?

Are you prepared to tackle that situation when it arises?

Do you have a plan set in place if your first strategy falls to shit?

I sure as hell do. You know I have a plan. Would you like to hear where the two of you went wrong this time?

Steel, you made the same sad mistake you did at Ragnarok. Despite your losses, despite your failures, despite my beating you at every turn...you refuse to learn. You can’t adapt. You can’t evolve. Congratulations, you tell me you will not underestimate me again. I’m proud of you...and yet, you went and made the same mistakes you did the month before.

Need I remind you of how your almighty plan failed you last time? Do I need to remind you that this is now the second match between us that you chose the stipulation? You put all your eggs in one basket, Steel. You put all your faith in one idea. You’re set on this notion...this idea that Chad can’t win without Natural Law. Your entire battle plan revolves around it. Your entire strategy against me is to try and neutralize the rest of the team. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s a solid plan...but you make the fatal error of spending too much time looking at the space around you, and not enough time looking at what’s right in front of your fucking face.

Like it or not, Steel, you aren’t fighting Natural Law for the IWF Championship. You’re fighting me. Do you have a plan to fight me, Steel? Tell me, what is this fail-proof battle plan you intend to use? You neutralized the rest of Natural Law for the time being, sure...but what happens when you realize Natural Law only played a small role in my recent string of victories? What happens when you realize that you’ve spent so long thinking up ways to keep them out of your hair, that you haven’t prepared for the bigger threat standing before you?

At Ragnarok, you demanded a match in a steel cage. Your thinking was predictable, but logical. The cage would keep everyone else out, and lock you and me in. No Natural Law to break up pins. No Natural Law to sneak attack you. The cage would provide a physical barrier between our match and Natural Law.

How did that turn out?

So, you turn to the next plan. If you couldn’t set up a physical barrier to block Natural Law, perhaps you could try a legal barricade. A rule of the match, benefitting you. If Natural Law interferes, every member, myself included, is fired.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again...you put too much faith in that idea. When that idea proves to be false, what then? You’ll receive an ass-kicking like no other, and you won’t even be able to blame it on outside interference.

The greatest part of it all? This is your rematch clause, Steel. Remember where you were before you stole that briefcase from me? You were a midcard loser. You were still trying to break into the main event scene, and you were failing badly. You NEEDED that briefcase to push you into the main event.

All I needed was a couple of new recruits, a well-written plan, and an opportunity.

Isolation was my opportunity.

When I beat you this week, Steel...that will be the end of the line. I will have beaten you three times straight. Once in a standard match...once for the IWF Championship...and the final time in your rematch, to send you to the back of the line. And then, I won’t have to deal with you coming after me and my title for a long time to come.

Which, then, leads me to my next point:

Do you think I didn’t plan that from the very beginning?

You already know I planned for you to take the belt from Shark. You know I planned for you to try, and fail, to foil my plans following Isolation. You know I planned to take the title from you at Ragnarok, and had a very methodical approach to ensuring I walked out with the victory. Tell me...are you stupid enough to think I didn’t plan for the inevitable rematch for the belt? No, Steel. I knew damn well, once I took the belt from you, it would only be a matter of weeks before you got your chance at redemption. A chance to outwit me, and take the title right back.

You can tell me I can’t win if I don’t have Natural Law watching my back...but why would they even bother coming out to the ring? Matches like my first bout against Crimson Skull? A match that it was clear would go to me. Why would Natural Law get involved? My first match with you...why let Natural Law interfere?

Unless it was to convince you of exactly the point that you’re so deadset on now?

Convince Steel that I can’t win without my team. Convince him that, if Natural Law is banned from ringside, I’m bound to lose.

Then prove him wrong.

Remember when I said you made the same mistake you did last month, Steel? I meant what I said. You’re predictable. So long as I push just the right buttons...pull just the right strings...I have you dancing around that ring like my own little marionette. I have you planning for a Natural Law assault, and doing everything in your power to prevent one...

...and all the while, I’m training myself up, preparing to beat you, unassisted, and prove to you exactly why I’m far more of a threat than you could have ever imagined.

In fact, the only interesting thing you did this entire month was swing ANOTHER stipulation in your favor. Last month, the steel cage. This month, your match of choice: The Trip to Oblivion.

The match had been set. Steel Angel against Chad Mason, in Steel’s specialty match. I’ll tell you...I hadn’t planned on that one. I had planned on a method to keep Natural Law out. Trip to Oblivion didn’t seem like the best option...and, I’ll be honest, I wasn’t quite sure how I was going to prepare for it.

Enter Ryan Apollos.

Oh yes, Ryan, you were a vital part of this plan, too.

See, Steel...I’m not stupid. In fact, I’m actually extremely fucking intelligent. I’ve seen your Trip to Oblivion match. I’ve seen what you’re capable of in them. I’ve seen the danger involved, and I realize how stupid it would try to be to face you one-on-one in a match that you’ve mastered, and a match I’ve never seen before.

So I won’t face you one-on-one.

Instead, there’s going to be a wild card by the name of Ryan Apollos.

And so, the match was made. Steel Angel against Ryan Apollos. If Steel won, his stipulation banning Natural Law from ringside would be in effect. If Apollos won, he would be added to the match at Heroes.

What did you two do? As I suspected you might, you two fought each other as best you could, preparing for a war, and simultaneously trying to think of what my plan might be. Who would I benefit in a match like that? Steel thought I would help Apollos. Find someone else to be thrown into this match. Find a way to allow Natural Law to intervene in the match. Apollos thought I would help Steel. Helping Steel would mean another one-on-one bout with him this week...a record which, recently, is 2-0 Mason.

Ah, but then I threw a wrench in things, didn’t I? I called for a draw. See...I wanted BOTH of you to win. I needed both of you to win. With Natural Law banned from ringside, I could go in, beat Steel, and prove that I didn’t need them to be IWF CHampion. Prove what I’ve been saying since my return at Isolation...and spit right in the face of the idea I’ve been planting in Steel’s head since I came back. But...at the same time, I also needed Apollos to win. The Trip to Oblivion, Steel...it’s not about keeping my odds high. The way I figured it? The Trip to Oblivion between you and me would be 50/50. You either win it, or you don’t. Factor in your experience, and you gain the edge. Factor in that I’ve had your number for the last few months...and we’re standing at 60/40, Steel Angel advantage.

Now throw Ryan Apollos into the mix. Here’s the thing about Apollos: He’s talented enough to change the course of this match...but he’s not good enough to actually win it.

Yeah, Ryan. Chad Mason sees you as no threat to his title.

If this was four months ago, I think people’s heads might have exploded at such a statement.

But this is now, and what’s happening right now? Ryan has had his nice little hot streak...then since then, has been fighting main event caliber guys, putting on great performances...and then losing. That’s the bottom line, Apollos. You can beat these midcard guys. But once you step up against someone in the main event? You choke. You fall apart. You fell to Stygian. You fell to Marcus Silverstone. You might have fallen to Steel Angel had I not intervened.

And yet, you think you’ll walk out with the IWF Championship?

THAT is where my beautiful plan comes to full fruition. With Apollos in the mix, the odds of any one man walking out suddenly drops to 33%.

Do you see it now, Steel? Do you see where my plan lies? It wasn’t about giving myself the advantage. It’s never about trying to stack the deck in my favor. It wasn’t about giving myself the best chance, as much as it was cutting down YOUR chance.

I’m not going into this match to win it. I’m going into this match to ensure that you lose it.

Of course...those two go hand in hand. When you lose, I will, inevitably, win.

This is why I’m unstoppable, Steel. This is why neither you, nor Ryan Apollos, will ever be able to stop me. I’ve built up huge heads of steam, garnered momentum the likes you’ve never experienced in your career.

And you have no hope of derailing it, because every time you and I face off, I’m disappointed to see that you never even came close to learning what my plan was the entire time.

And so, I say it again:

Checkmate, Steel Angel.

Checkmate, Ryan Apollos.

A match with two other competitors, and even their combined efforts can’t hope to match up to my brilliance.

Oh, right...you think I didn’t plan for that either? What if, by some off-chance, Steel and Ryan decide to team up? The common enemy card is all too powerful. Someone as threatening as me, looking overhead? It’s the three-way duel problem. Ryan Apollos, who wins the least of the three. Steel, who wins occasionally, and Chad, who can’t be stopped. Logic dictates that they target me, the guy that will never miss. They know damn well...if I get my hands on them, they’ll lose.

But you two should know me better than that.

I always have a plan.”
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Dream State 00
Part 2

A few weeks later, Ryan was starting to have doubts about his plan of action. Since his maiden battle against the A-LAWS, Celestial Being had only made a few appearances. However, what was worse was that Ryan had only been able to attempt a rendezvous twice. This was a result of the fact that he needed to stay hidden and not be caught by the Federation. On top of that, most of the time, the battle was too far away for him to get to in time.

"Agh, this isn't working at all! If I could just catch a break for once!" Ryan complained, as he tried to relax. He'd landed the Duke on top of Ayers Rock in central Australia, knowing that the high vantage point would allow him to both avoid detection from the ground, and to spot anything approaching from the air. Currently, he was sitting in the cockpit, waiting, or rather praying, for Celestial Being to show up again somewhere. He had the Duke's ACA (Advanced Communication's Antenna) extended to allow him to pick up any transmissions within a 5,000 kilometer radius, including space. But so far, he'd found nothing useful.

"I swear, I'm gonna go crazy if something doesn't happen soon." He grumbled. Suddenly, he heard something which immediately grabbed his attention. The A-LAWS fleet that was stationed around the satellite weapon Memento Mori, which had been responsible for the destruction of most of the former AEU's orbital elevator, was calling for reinforcements, stating that they were under attack by Gundams.

"Perfect! I can easily get there in time. If I'm right, that thing should take a while to destroy, so I should be able to make it in time." He said. Quickly, Ryan put his helmet back on, while retracting the antenna. He then lifted the Duke into the clear, blue sky, and headed upwards to space. Not wanting to use the PCBS just yet, Ryan instead activated the auxiliary back thrusters which pushed him back in his seat from the acceleration, as the Duke hurtled skyward.

Meanwhile, the space around Memento Mori had been transformed into a churning mass of particle beams, missiles, ships and mobile suits, as the battle between the Gundams and the A-LAWS raged. Despite the capabilities of its mobile suits, Celestial Being was unable to get close enough to the satellite weapon to destroy it. The Federation's forces, which outnumbered the Gundams ten to one, combined with support fire from the fleet and Memento Mori itself, had forced the battle into a stalemate, in which the A-LAWS' superior numbers would eventually prevail. Onboard the Ptolemaios II, Sumeragi and the rest of the crew could only watch, as the meisters tried their best to turn the tide of the battle.

"Setsuna, what's happening out there? Are you making any progress?" Sumeragi asked. She'd expected a tough defence by the A-LAWS but what she hadn't counted on was them being able to round up so many mobile suits and cruisers to defend Memento Mori. On top of all that, the Ptolemaios could only support the Gundams with its particle cannons, as its missiles were getting shot down before reaching their targets.

"We can't get any closer to Memento Mori with this kind of resistance! We're barely holding our own as it is! Send the 0 Raiser, we need it now!" Setsuna replied.

"We can't. The fighting's too thick, and the Raiser isn't armed to fight its way through mobile suits. There's no way it can get to you." Sumeragi replied.

Roger, we'll do what we can." Setsuna replied, closing the link. Sumeragi sat back in her seat, sighing with frustration. Unless they were able to pull off a miracle, they would be forced to retreat, and leave the A-LAWS with their WMD intact.

"Miss Sumeragi! There's a mobile suit approaching the ship from 12 o'clock and its moving fast!" Mileina shouted.

"As if things weren't already bad enough!" Sumeragi thought. "Put it on the monitor." Mileina typed away for a few seconds, bringing up a video feed of a crimson mobile suit, GN Tau particles streaming from it. Feldt immediately recognised it.

"Miss Sumeragi, that's the suit that fought Setsuna and Tieria that one time!" she said.

"But then...the pilot is..." Sumeragi said, but she was cut off when the suit opened a sound only link to the Ptolemaios.

"So Celestial Being, we meet again. And I see you can't call on those Gundams of yours for help! The perfect situation!" Ali Al-Saachez yelled, drawing his suit's sword while charging towards the Ptolemaios, dodging the particle beams coming his way. From her seat, Feldt knew what was happening; he was aiming for the bridge. Images of what happened five years ago, when Lichty and Christina were killed flashed before her eyes. Feldt clutched her head between her hands, hyperventilating.

"No...please...not again!" she thought desperately, she waited for the inevitable. But, just as Ali Al-Saachez was about to end it, another mobile suit slammed into him from his right side, throwing him away from the ship. The mobile suit moved to place itself between the red mobile suit and Ptolemaios. It held its position, as Ali regained control and faced him.

"I'll handle this guy. You guys got your own fight to deal with" The new suit's pilot told the Ptolemaios crew, as they stared at it in astonishment.

"What...is that?" Sumeragi wondered.

"Miss Sumeragi, that suit is emitting the same GN particles as that red mobile suit and those used by the Federation! So...why is he helping us?" Feldt asked.

"All you need to know for now...is that I'm here to help you. Save your questions for after the battle." The pilot replied. The mobile suit took two pieces from the armour on its thighs and connected the together. A large beam saber sprang to life, as the suit charged Ali Al-Saachez.

Ryan yelled as the two mobile suits meet, their blades slamming into each other with tremendous force. The red mobile suit increased thrust, trying to push the Duke back. Ryan let it, waiting for his opportunity.

"Letting your comrades take care of all the hard work while you attack an undefended command ship? Do you have any pride at all?" Ryan demanded. The pilot of the red mobile suit laughed maniacally. His face appearing on the Duke's screen.

"What, you think I'm dumb enough to take on five Gundams at once? I'm here to destroy Celestial Being, not get killed!" he shouted. Ryan gasped, as he recognised the man's face.

"You're the one. The one who killed that reporter five years ago!" he shouted.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The pilot replied.

"Yes, you do! Her name was Kinue Crossroad! You stabbed her and left in that ally to bleed to death! I've been waiting for five years to carry out the promise I made to her! And it looks like I won't have to wait any longer!" Ryan shouted, activated the GN Particle Beam Sword's super condensation. The sword sliced through the red mobile suit's sword, cutting off its right arm as well. But before Ryan could deliver the final blow, the suit launched a core fighter, which quickly retreated from the combat zone, leaving the Duke's sword to cut the rest of the suit in half. Artemis watched as the fighter retreated into the distance.

"Ali Al-Saachez. Someday...you will answer for you crimes." He said, flying over to Celestial Being's ship.

"Thank you for saving us." A female voice said over his headset.

"No thanks necessary. Is there anything else I can do to help?" Ryan asked.

"There is. The only way to destroy Memento Mori is to destroy the electromagnetic resonator on its right side. If we can destroy that, the whole weapon will overload. The problem is that we can't get close enough." The woman replied.

"Got it, just lave it to me, I'll see what I can do. Just have the Gundams try and clear an opening for me." Ryan replied. "Let's go. Double Burst Mode!" he shouted. The power core rack on the Duke's left side extended, the two cores lifting up, before slamming down again. The rack retracted into the Duke's chest, as the particles from the two cores flooded the suit, causing it to glow a reddish-orange hue. Ryan activated the auxiliary thrusters, as the Duke shot forward like a bullet, heading straight for the weapon.

At the same time, Divine Divinity was furiously battling not just to destroy Memento Mori, but also to save his own life. The Super Soldier/Innovator had been given a huge shock when the fight had started. Not only were there far more enemies than he'd expected, but the satellite weapon was able to fire into space as well. As a result, he had to focus not only on the mobile suits around him, but he had to watch for Memento Mori's devastating particle beams. However, he was confident he and his mobile suit, GN-006 Stargazer, were more than up to the task.

"No matter what happens, I will never give up. For that is my Tao!" he shouted, charging another mobile suit. His GN Sword II clashed with his enemy's lance, before it tore through it, cleaving the mobile suit in two. As the suit exploded, Divine targeted another, firing a rapid series of particle beams from the Stargazer's GN Ring. The beams tore through the mobile suit's chest and legs, destroying it almost instantly.

"Divine, come in." Sumeragi said.

"What is it?" he asked.

"We may have found a way to destroy Memento Mori. Some pilot has offered to help us out. I need you to ensure that he makes it through to that weapon." She explained.

"Roger that. I'll take care of it." Divine replied, moving to carry out his orders.

Ryan was pushed into his seat, as the G-Force meter climbed past 6G. He shrugged it off, focusing on avoiding the mobile suits around him as he barrelled through the chaotic battlefield. The Duke moving so fast that it was gone before the A-LAWS pilots could even fire on it, even though it would've simply outpaced the particle beams fired at it. Ryan caught fleeting glimpses of the Gundams as he blasted past them, just able to make out their silhouettes. As he cleared the last mobile suits, Ryan spotted four Baikal-class battlecruisers in front of him.

"Damn it! Get out of my way!" Ryan shouted. Suddenly, the lead cruiser was hit by a large particle beam, before it exploded. Ryan looked in the beam's direction to see a white and silver Gundam with a large ring on its back. The Gundam fired again, destroying the rest of the cruisers, allowing Ryan to continue on. The Duke soon arrived at Memento Mori, just as the timer for the PCBS hit 00:30.

"Thirty seconds left..." Ryan muttered, as he headed for the weapon's right side. Activating the gauntlets, he charged the GN Beam Cannons and fired. The orange particle beams hit their mark, blowing a hole in the weapon's armour. Ryan charged inside, as he charged the cannons again.

00:20

The Duke flew inside a massive chamber, as Ryan potted his target at the centre. Ryan focused on it, aiming the Duke's cannons.

00:10

Ryan fired both GN Beam Cannons simultaneously, their beams destroying the electromagnetic resonator completely. Immediately, Ryan turned the Duke around and gunned it, heading for the entry hole he'd made. Behind him, the weapon's interior began exploding, the fireball threatening to engulf the Duke.

00:05

Ryan pushed the Duke's thrusters to their limit, as his exit came into view.

"Almost there...come on!" he shouted. The Duke finally reached the hole, just as its Burst Mode ceased.

00:00

A massive explosion engulfed the area, as Memento Mori overloaded. Having just defeated the A-LAWS mobile suits, the meisters watched as the weapon was destroyed.

"Finally it's gone." Allelujah sighed with relief.

"But where's that mobile suit that helped us?" Lockon asked.

"Look there!" Tieria said. They all turned to see the mobile suit fly out of the explosion, headed in their direction. Amazingly, the suit appeared to have suffered no damage at all; just its paint was burnt in a few places. The Gundams headed for the Ptolemaios, as the mobile suit formed up with them. Keeping a close eye on their new ally, the meisters escorted the suit towards the ship. After the suit was taken on board, the meisters each proceeded to dock as well. Once all of the mobile suits were on board, the Ptolemaios headed away from the area.

Inside the Duke's cockpit, Ryan breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing his body after the intense combat. He thought back to his narrow escape from Memento Mori.

"I really don't want to cut it that close ever again." He chuckled, before he decided he should probably get out and meet Celestial Being, and hopefully explain his situation. As he climbed out of the Duke, he could see eleven people, four girls and seven guys, waiting over by the door. Ryan floated over to the group, removing his helmet once he was in front of them.

"Welcome aboard the Ptolemaios. I'm Sumeragi Lee Noriega, tactical forecaster. And you are?" the woman wearing the purple uniform asked.

"Thank you, it's good to finally meet you. My name is Ryan Apollos. I am, or rather, I used to be a member of the New Zealand Resistance Corps." Ryan replied.

"Used to be?" the man wearing an orange uniform asked.

"A few weeks ago, our base was discovered by the A-LAWS. I was the only one to make it out alive." Ryan replied, his voice grim as he recalled that horrible day.

"That's terrible" the girl wearing a pink uniform said.

"It was, but I've more or less accepted it by now." Ryan replied.

"Well in that case, allow me to introduce the rest of our members." Sumeragi said. She then proceeded to introduce the others. The man wearing the orange uniform was Allelujah Haptism, one of the Gundam meisters. The other meisters were Lockon Stratos, Tieria Erde, Setsuna F Seiei, and Divine Divinity. The girl wearing the pink uniform was Feldt Grace, while the others were Ian & Mileina Vashti, Marie Parfacy, and Saji Crossroads. Ryan was stunned when Saji was introduced.

"Wait a second, you're Saji Crossroads?" he asked.

"Yes, why?" Saji asked. Ryan hesitated, wondering if he should tell Saji what he knew.

"Well, there's something I learned a while ago that...I-I think you deserve to know. It's about your sister, Kinue." Ryan explained.

"What about my sister?" Saji asked.

"I know who killed her." Ryan said. Saji's eyes widened as he gasped in shock. After a couple of minutes, he recovered enough to speak.

"How do you..." he asked, unable to finish his sentence.

"I'll explain." Ryan replied.

Flashback

A few years earlier, an 15-year old Ryan was walking along a side street when he noticed a man running out of an alley further down the street. Wondering what had happened, Ryan hurried over to the alley. To his horror, he found a woman lying on the ground, a pool of blood growing beneath her. Ryan ran over to her to see if she was still alive.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked frantically. "Who did this?" The woman shifted slightly, whispering something. Ryan bent down to hear her voice better. The woman whispered a man's name, her voice very weak. Then her body went completely limp, as she passed away forever. Ryan was shocked, but realised that this man the woman mentioned must have been the one who killed the woman. Looking to his left, he saw a photo lying on the ground. It showed the woman, a boy slightly younger than her, and two more people who were probably here parents.

"I promise you, whoever you are. I will find who did this to you. One day." Ryan vowed.

End Flashback

"So you were the one who told the police about her." Saji realised.

"Yes, I only wish I'd gotten there sooner.' Ryan replied.

"So, who was it? Who killed my sister?" Saji asked.

"His name is...Ali Al-Saachez. He was the pilot of that red mobile suit from before." Ryan replied. Almost immediately a loud gasp was heard, but it didn't come from Saji. In fact, it was Setsuna, who now clenching his fists, his face an expression of pure hatred.

"That bastard, how many more people does he have to kill?" he growled.

"And he got away." Saji said.

"I'm sorry for that. But don't worry, I will find him again, he won't be so lucky next time." Ryan promised. Saji nodded, looking slightly relieved.

"Anyway, on to more pressing matters. Like your mobile suit. I'd like to know a little more about it, if possible." Sumeragi said.

"I was wondering when you'd ask." Ryan replied. "It's called the Duke. A friend of mine designed it with the intention of creating something that would hopefully be a match for the Federation's mobile suits. For that, we needed a GN Drive. So we managed to find a mobile suit that was patrolling by itself and jammed its communications. Then it was a simple matter to remove the GN Drive. Then we installed it onto the Duke."

"Not bad. And from what I've seen, this suit is probably a match even for the Gundams." Ian noted.

"Well, hopefully we'll never have to find that out." Lockon remarked.

"Hopefully. So, would it be alright if I stay with you guys? I can't exactly do much by myself for too much longer, and you probably have better intel anyway." Ryan asked.

"Sure, I don't see any problem with that. You'd be a great help." Sumeragi replied. Ryan nodded, knowing he'd taken a big step towards his ultimate goal.

=The Match=

This is what I’ve been waiting for. A chance to prove to everyone that I am better than what people assume. For years I’ve been told I wasn’t good enough. That I was pathetic. That I was a waste of time and space. I’ve tried so many times in the past, to prove just how good I am. And yet every time I take one step forward. I take three steps backwards. I will admit that I can place most of the blame on myself. But I always have tried to change that. I have been unlucky in my attempts to change things for the better. But now, I have the perfect opportunity. It’s me versus Steel Angel versus the IWF champion Chad Mason. It’s a match I have never participated in. I don’t even know how the match works. Should I care? Possibly. Should I be worried? Again, possibly. Will I be prepared for a war? Without a doubt in the world. I’ve survived much much worse than a match like this. I’ve been electrocuted. I’ve been burned alive. I’ve been in car wrecks and lost those I loved and cared about. I’m not scared of this match and you can bet your ass that I’ll be ready for the worst and I’ll prove that I am better than you think I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Angel [vs.] Chad Mason [vs.] Ryan Apollos
Page 1 of 1