Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade Empty
PostSubject: Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:33 am

Seriously...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 pm

OFF-CAMERA

“Pain is temporary, isn’t it?”

A massive grin is plastered on Vanessa Cade’s face, minutes shortly after walking from the curtain at IWF Fallout and making her first, successful title defense as the IWF Uprising champion. Standing only a few feet from her were a man and a woman in business suits, applauding modestly as she approached them. One of the women took a step forward to meet her, not minding the idea of getting closer to the woman who barely broke a sweat in her Pay-Per-View debut with Insurgency Wrestling Federation. The two women exchange a quick embrace and similar smiles.

“I knew you had this from the start, Ness.”

“Thanks, Mena.” Vanessa nods to her long-time agent, before glancing over to the right at the other gentleman next to them.

“Vanessa, this is Yusuke Yagami – CEO of Apollon Media,” Mena explains, turning to face Yusuke as well – he’s a tall, lean man in his early forties with short, jet black hair, horn-rimmed glasses covering his brown eyes and a jovial nature by the smile on his lips.

Apollon Media is a technology provider company that had its start in Nagano, Japan and has gradually expanded and evolved over the years – as of the last few months, having set a North American HQ in Los Angeles, California. Considering that Mena’s talking points over the last few days was in order to get Vanessa some sponsorships, without a doubt, this was a key meeting.

Vanessa takes Yusuke’s right hand, shaking it vigorously as she bowed alongside it – combining both the Western and Eastern customs all in one, with Yusuke returning the favor on his end.

“Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu, Yagami-san.” Vanessa smiles, as her eyes meet the Apollon Media CEO’s.

“Likewise, miss Cade,” Yusuke replied in his very accented English – good enough to understand if you listened carefully. “Mena-san has spoken the world of you.”

Vanessa glances over at Mena briefly, who simply returns her client’s glance with a shrug and a ‘what-did-you-expect-me-to-do’ look. “Well, I’m honored. She’s a great agent and an even better friend.”

“It is rare thing to see so much loyalty between an agent and a client these days,” says Yusuke, turning his head to look at both women in front of him. “Shall we find place to conduct business?”

“Yes. I think that would be for the best,” Mena explains before turning to Vanessa. “Go hit the showers and change up. We’ve got a limo waiting in the parking lot when you’re set to go.”

“Yeah. I’ll see you all very shortly.” Excusing herself, Vanessa makes her way past the two, adjusting the IWF Uprising title on her right shoulder as her steps are unusually fast. Mena and Yusuke both observe her carefully before she disappears out of sight.

“I told you she was the real deal, Yagami-san.”

“I do not doubt it anymore.” Yusuke adjusts his horn-rimmed glasses up. “How things look with other sponsors?”

“Bandai jumped on board from the moment we informed them she was the woman underneath the mask of the Muse.” Crossing her arms, Mena looks at the distant part of the hallway, watching as a few of the IWF staff are helping Lennox Laroux, checking up on her condition after the short work that Vanessa did on her. “Molson and Pepsi jumped in quickly as well. We tried to get Subway, but they wouldn’t budge – so Quizno’s was the next, obvious choice to make. I am still in negotiations in Nike and waiting to hear a response and also still looking into European and South American sponsors for her.”

“I understand. If this is to succeed, we need all corners of the world behind her.” Yusuke manages a wry smile. “Very ambitious project, Mena-san.”

“You can call it my life’s work, if you will, Yagami-san.” Glancing down at her right knee, a sour expression appears in her face. “I won’t stop until I help that girl achieve it. She wants it, too. Just as badly as I once did.”

For many years, Mena used to be a wrestler who employed a hard-hitting puroresu style along with high-flying ability but a torn ACL and torn meniscus on the right knee put an abrupt end to her career in her late twenties. Ever since, she has taken on the role of agent but the ambition that she’s had ever since she entered the business still remained. If it couldn’t be her, then it would be somebody else with the same drive and talent that she’d help achieve the dream. A dream of becoming the most well-known figure in the sport today – somebody that transcended the sport itself.

Not just a wrestler, but a brand known, respected and saluted across all corners of the world.

“Apollon Media is honored to be the head sponsor. But I must warn you…we expect results, Mena-san,” Yusuke’s tone dropped, displaying how very serious he was about this investment. “We expect her to represent Apollon to best of her abilities.”

“Yagami-san…” Mena stops whatever she was about to say abruptly, something popping into her mind as a sly grin appears on her lips. “How familiar are you with the career of Vanessa Cade up to this point?”

“I have read many old newspapers regarding her matches under the Muse mask. Seen few matches, also seen her FFW and SVW work – that worries me.” Yusuke adjusts his glasses up again. “She crush Japan competition but cannot seem to adjust to North America competition. But IWF run looks promising.”

“I see. Well, Yagami-san, having been her agent for the past four years – ever since she did embark to Japan and put under the mask, there is one thing that I have noticed about her,” Mena explains, still keeping the sly grin on her lips. “As good as she is when she collects victory after victory, nothing has made her better than her defeats ever since she’s returned to North America.”

The confused look on Yusuke Yagami’s face does not make Mena waiver from her explanation. “She has this ego, you see. In her eyes, she’s the one who will somebody be called the absolute best in the world and anybody who becomes stands between her and that goal is going to get run over whether sooner or later. Losing to somebody like a Stacey Mackenzie or even a one-time wonder like Lennox Laroux or Hanna Elliot isn’t going to put a stop to her ambition.” Approaching Yagami, Mena places a hand on the man’s shoulder, nodding. “You chose the right woman to put all your chips into. All that we need to do is tell her the entire plan and then simply watch as Vanessa Cade takes the next step into her evolution as a wrestler and as a woman.”

“We best go to limo, then.” Yusuke says. “Before miss Cade beats us to it.”

“Right you are, Yagami-san. Lead the way.”

As the two began to make their way down the hall, Mena Robertson’s expression changed into its usual, business-like calculated self. The pieces were starting to come together at the right time. There were just a few loose ends to tie up and then, the real fun would begin.

She just hoped Vanessa Cade was ready to undertake the metamorphosis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Brand   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 pm

“Some things never change.”

The cameras come alive, showing the IWF banner behind a stunning blonde dressed in a custom-made, three-piece grey and white striped suit with a plain black tie that does a good job of making her curves pop out and yet gives her the necessary professional air that she desired in wearing it. In her right hand, she holds the IWF Uprising title and it is with a warm smile that the “Woman With the Golden Elbow” and “The Natural” Vanessa Cade greets the audiences at home.

“Weeks ago, when I walked into this company, I wasn’t exactly a sure shot to last here very long. There was this whole stigma that anyone from ASWF who walked in that door after getting bought out would be on their way out very shortly. Considering the way Maddox, Cody Taylor and Saffron Dion have gone, I won’t sit here and entirely fault the IWF for their way of thinking. It’s been rather nice to be the exception to the rule. Even considering the minor bump a few weeks ago against Lennox Laroux on our first dance, I do believe I have made quite the impression here at Insurgency. Don’t believe me? Ask Rosalie Knight and Lennox Laroux how they felt after falling victims to the One-Hit Knock-Out. Or better yet...”

Vanessa’s grin expands from ear-to-ear, turning the IWF Uprising title on her right hand up to show the belt in its full glory to the camera lens. The title shines as radiantly as her white, toothy grin.

“Let’s ask you, Parker Wayde of the ‘oh-so-feared’ Natural Law.”

Nodding, she recalls the name of the man from whom she took the IWF Full Throttle title and unified it with her ASWF Uprising title, thus, by the merger rules, making it the IWF Uprising title.

“How exactly did it fell, Parker? To have something of yours taken away so quickly? To have victory near your fingertips only to see it slip after I nearly broke your jaw? Tell me how embarrassed you must have been after coming to your senses before realizing that the woman you overlooked made you look like a damned fool to millions watching worldwide, be it live or on national television. Please, enlighten us all on how in order to save face, you took a ladder and gave me a mild concussion in the process – or as the World Heavyweight champion and Star Destroyer himself Stygian put it: like jumping on the ball after I spiked it into the ground. By all means Parker Wayde, I’m waiting. Tell me how you feel.”

She pats the IWF Uprising title with her left hand, her fingertips running across the golden design and the IWF insignia on it before removing themselves off entirely from the gold.

“If not now, later; once you take all your notes from this video, all the Twitter insults and everything else in between before you get in front of a camera and spew the same old, tired garbage that you have let out of that thing you call a mouth since day one of entering this company. It’s unfortunate, Wayde…because originality, believe it or not, is not a bad thing to have in this business. Alas, you seem incapable of grasping that process, let alone are able to execute on it and make yourself less boring to watch.”

Her attitude shows the confidence that she has acquired ever since stepping into the Insurgency and proving herself as the IWF Uprising champion by knocking out Lennox Laroux in their rematch and by sending Rosalie Knight out of action via the discus elbow that has become her calling card in the wrestling world. Then, of course, there was the fact that she was soon to face the same man she took a title belt from in her debut with the company.

“I know, Parker. You must be just green with envy of the fact that the day I was born, I already had more talent in my pinky finger than you currently do in your entire body. It’s tough to have the entire toolset to become a legend to surpass all other legends in this business, but somebody’s got to do it, right? No doubt in mind that you have valiantly attempted to recover from the outright shame you suffered at my hands by being at the right place and time for you to win the High Impact title at Fallout. This, I guess, shows yet again just how fantastic you are at seizing shit from other people when their backs or sides are turned to you. You are an opportunistic little rat bastard, Wayde, I will give you that. But let’s face it…you can’t do jack shit when you are face-to-face against somebody that happens to be your superior in every single category in the book. You proved that against me the first time around, you proved that against the Star Destroyer prior to Fallout and if you are confused, let me go ahead and clear up all confusions for you as to why I am your superior in every possible way.”

Vanessa steps back and with her left hand, she indicates her own figure from head to toe.

“I am better dressed and far better looking, for starters. People see a superstar instead of just yet another run-of-the-mill wrestler. Then, there’s the fact I am a better wrestler in every category – technician, high-flying, brawling, in-ring awareness and that’s before even getting into the fact that I have a simple and yet dangerous, flash photography worthy finishing maneuver that can come out from nowhere. This is all before we get into the fact that I’m a better human being capable of compassion, kindness and have an actual sense of humor compared to this fucking guy. Let’s face it, even before getting into the ring, I already Parker Wayde beat and battered. I’d go for a pop culture reference here, but the only thing that comes to mind is Chris Brown and Rihanna, so I’ll just let it go and move on.”

Vanessa simply shrugs her shoulders, knowing very well people would probably get who would be who in that last reference, even given how old and beaten like a government mule it had become since the time it actually happened. Thus, this will keep moving on…

“This brings me back to my very first point, Parker. Some things never change. Yes, you are the IWF High Impact champion but the facts are the same as the first time we met in that squared circle – you were a champion at that time too before I stepped into the ring with you and gave you the ass whooping that made you something you could never achieve in your own right. That one thing you were lacking all this time before Vanessa Cade knocked your lights out.

I made you famous, Parker Wayde.

Which, by the way, you are welcome, you ungrateful little fuckwad.

Kids these days…you do ‘em a favor and you get no respect. No respect at all.”

Shaking her head a few times in disapproval, Cade finally takes on a more stern expression.

“This time around, things will still stay the same. You, by God, will make a half-decent to good attempt at avenging your loss to me in a standard rules match – which I’m actually far better and more experienced at than you are. In predictable fashion, you will pull every dirty trick in the book along with throw your own mother in front of an OHKO in order to attempt to put me down for a count or a submission. And last, but certainly not least, you will get another elbow to the jaw, shattering whatever bit of confidence and conscience you have left and then you will lose to me once again. Don’t take it personally, Parker. It’s just how the order of things works - it’s what they call the circle of life…Hakuna Matata…oh, OH, I got it!

It’s the NATURAL LAW of things!”

She resists the urge to burst out laughing but the smile does slowly begin to re-appear on her face at her own potshot at the expense of Parker Wayde’s stable – she couldn’t exactly believe that once upon a time that Chad Mason was this company’s World champion or that somebody like Ruby Winters is still considered relevant alongside Parker Wayde. Maybe it still had something to do with being the new kid on the block and witnessing members of that stable fail at life again and again… Or maybe it’s Maybeline. But who knows for sure?

“Alright, alright, all pot shots at your expense aside, I guess I should get on to the main point of this entire spiel. Y’know, my pathos as to why it is I am so confident that I will dominate you in such epic fashion that IWF might as well give me a High Impact title shot after we’re done at Battle Grounds, so I can then go ahead and win yet another title in IWF at your expense, be a double champion, defend both titles at the same time, make my mark in this company, etc, etc. The list does go on and I’ll not bore the folks at home to death…that’s your job, Parker. The world needs pencil pushers, after all. Anyways, allow me to explain why…”

The IWF Uprising champion clears her throat, straightening her posture and while the smile’s confident, no longer is her tone one of pure mocking and ridicule. It takes on a far more intense note, displaying just how dead serious she can get about this sport.

“Because I am not just some wrestler.

Parker Wayde, anybody with half a work ethic, dreamy eyes after seeing a few wrestling matches or a masochistic desire for pain can get into a wrestling ring and learn the basics – be it in some garbage level backyard or the global stage. But it takes more than just these things to break the threshold; it takes more than just some small desire to breakthrough and succeed in the wrestling business. It takes hard work and dedication that exceeds one’s wildest dreams and pushes your own personal limits. It takes grabbing every single of bit of knowledge acquired along the way, nurturing and using it accordingly, making sure to keep an open mind in the process. It takes being able to evolve after every single bout you have inside of that ring and never, ever, ever assuming that you just know everything that there is to know!

That’s the difference between us. You’ve already closed your mind. You already believe that no matter what happens, Parker Wayde is going to be victorious. You have never, in your wildest dreams, ever contemplated and feared the idea that you might just get knocked off your high horse and brought back down to Earth – cocky as I may be, even I realize that reality is something I can face with each and every time I step into the ring. As Luke Skywalker once put it, Wayde: your overconfidence is your weakness. And Parker Wayde, I exploit weakness in fools like you on a weekly basis. You cannot beat me because not for one moment you have thought to open your mind to the fact that there is always going to be somebody out there that is better than you in every single step of the way.

At the end of the day, Parker Wayde…you are just another wrestler.

But I am something more. I strive to be something more.

I am a natural that lives, breathes, eats, sleeps, sweats and bleeds this very sport on a daily basis – the GREATEST SPORT in ALL of professional sports!

I am a woman who has through hard work and damn near ungodly effort conquered every single company that I have stepped foot onto – whether in a matter of weeks or years, it did not matter!

I am somebody that is on a mission to be recognized as the absolute, undisputed BEST in the world! The kind of woman that owners and general managers that know a thing or two about this sport look at and then build their company around me!

Parker Wayde, I am long past the point of being just another wrestler.

I am Vanessa Cade. Second-generation star, the evolution of the business itself personified! I…am a brand.

Hell…I am THE BRAND!

And against me, Parker Wayde…you are just background noise.

Vae Victis…

Woe to the conquered!”

Fade to black.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade Kre3t

The library of former IWF superstar, not to mention former member of the living, appears more messed up than it was during Parker's recording for Fallout. Books are now leaning on the shelves, a sign that Parker has been slowly but surely removing items from their rightful place, possibly looking for something. He sits at the desk, feet up where the monitor used to be, with one of the displaced books opened in his hand.

Parker: There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

He pauses after the first two sentence of the well known passage. Anyone that knows the words knows that it isn't something that you just happen upon when thumbing through a random book. Who, in their right mind, just wants to thumb through Julius Caesar's fourth act? This is something that Parker planned. A message that he wanted the people to hear. Taking that into consideration, he has to have a point. Doesn't he? Moments pass as the viewers are left to wonder but abruptly he starts talking again, snapped from his daze.

Parker: Parker has never been a big reader, at least not when it comes to leisurely reading. Sure, opponents might take that as a sign of low intellect. "All Parker is, is muscle, no brains to be found". I have heard it before. Almost as much as I have heard people talk about me lacking in ring skill. Make no mistake about it. Parker is not stupid, and Parker is an NCAA All-American in wrestling. People that talk about Parker like he is some retarded dancing monkey haven't paid any attention to the things that I have done in this company since I have been here. Have their been stumbles on the road? Sure there have. Have their been successes that nobody in this company or even in this industry saw coming? Sure. Did anyone think Parker would be Full Throttle Champ? Did anyone think Parker could win the High Impact championship? Did anyone bet on Parker beating Robbie Hart when he was the best this company had to offer? No. The successes have made headlines. The setbacks? Easily forgotten.

He places the book on the table, it feels out of place. Such a small and thin book alone on an executive size desk. It seems to simple. A waste of space almost. Parker takes his legs down and turns towards the camera, speaking directly to those that are watching.

Parker: There is a tide in the affairs of men. There are opportunities that come knocking on your door but once in a lifetime. My career has been full of these moments, in such a short time. Seizing my contract by stabbing a friend in the back. Joining Natural Law. Winning the Full Throttle Championship the hard way instead of taking out some faceless curtain jerker to do it. Leaving the Full Throttle division behind to walk on to High Impact Gold. Beating the World Champion. Stepping into the ring with Stygian even though everyone told me not to. I have taken my chances. I have followed the tide that has driven my career and I have been a party to its fortune. I took every opportunity given to me. I took on all comers, I fought my way through the crowd. Yet all I hear is that Parker isn't good enough to be where he is at.

Parker finishes his spiel and looks down at the book, almost with a hurt look in his eyes. Could all of the negativity be wearing him down? Parker Wayde, "the instant impact", the kid that was crazier than Jinx, the wrecking ball in IWF, the High Impact champion, seemed to look tired for once. After all for every person patting the kid on the back there were ten saying he wasn't as good enough to deserve the push. For every person he converted into a believer in his abilities there were a dozen that had already written him off. These thoughts seem to weigh on his mind as he reads the next line in the book.

Parker: Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries.

Looking back up and finding the camera he stares into it as if he can see the people that doubt him looking back through the eye piece. The look on his face changes. There is no intensity that we see when he is in the ring, but there is also none of the doubt that was in his eyes as he read the passage. There is the quiet resolve of a kid that just started out in this business. There is an underlying hunger to continue proving people wrong. There is a silent satisfaction, as if he knows something that the audience does not.

Parker: To me, this doesn't sound like anything I have done since signing with this company. However there are names that come to mind. James Shark, for instance, missed the boat on stepping into the ring with Parker because he was afraid. Ashten Cross missed his opportunity to crush Parker back in his debut, when it was possible to stop him. Jinx has been nothing but a miserable shell of himself since I took his Full Throttle Championship, a title that I handed off to some no name before I beat her worse than she had ever been beaten before.Every single person that tried to make a name for themselves by stepping in the ring with me have failed. I have made them miserable in that ring. I have broken their bones. I have made them tap out. I have knocked them unconscious.

The flash in Parker's eyes that has been missing since going two rounds with Jinx starts to spark as he talks. Almost as if Parker is finally digging inside himself to try and pull out some of that fire. He had gone all out against the clown. He had stepped into the ring with a man that had inspired him to let into those dark and slightly off tilt urges within himself. Parker had become a wrecking ball in that time. He did things in the ring that people in the front few rows had to turn away from instead of watching. He had taken himself to his limits outside the ring by handing over people to their executions. He had been driven to be an unfeeling machine by Marie Daniels and since she was gone, and he was free..... the fire had gone out little by little. Parker had let his guard down. He had softened his tactics in the ring. He had started to do something that in the first months of his career he had not done: lose. However at this moment he seemed to be finding that part of himself again. He was becoming dangerous. Parker was going to that place where he didn't care how much pain he caused another as long as he could walk away with his arm in the air.

Parker: On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves,or lose our ventures.

He speaks the last phrase slowly. Allowing time in between each word so that the phrase hangs in the air. Parker finally seems to put the exclamation mark on what he is trying to say, and he does it in a way that it doesn't seem he had anticipated on.

Parker: So many bodies have passed through IWF lately. So many incoming talents. So many people coming in for one last match. This roster really is just like a full sea. Some of us, are managing to float on the top, watching as so many others drown. To be honest, I don't feel bad for a single one of them. These people that come to IWF, talk a big game, only to find themselves in over their heads and gasping for their last breaths. I was that person with a boot on their head, holding their airways under the water. That, in essence, is the job of the Full Throttle Champion. That is the job of the Uprising Champion. You stop those small fries from rising to the top and you watch them drown. Actually.... watch them in an understatement. It is much more personal than that. You hold their throat. You force their shoulders below the surface of the water. You watch the very life fade from their eyes. As the champion of the new blood that comes in the doors, you play the judge, jury and executioner. Parker took the current when it served. I handed that cursed belt off to the first person that wanted it and I got the hell away from such a bottom rung job. I did not lose my venture. I did not fade into obscurity. When I handed off that title it was charity. Not for Vanessa Cade, but charity to myself. I did Parker's career the biggest favor of anyone. I showed myself the way to break through the top tier of the roster.

Parker gets up from his seat and walks around to the front of the desk. He ignores the camera like he is done talking, and just as he is about to walk out of the frame he stops. If the camera were tilted higher it would show the world how Parker hangs his head in disgust as he mutters his last offering to the fans.

Parker: I will be the first person to say that I am not quite there yet.... but I will also be the only one not surprised when I am standing at the top and looking down on all of you.

The lights in the room switch off, and the video ends without another word.

Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Maybe just once I will be able to walk through the backstage area and the media won't be blocking my path. Maybe for one night I won't have to answer the questions that they don't even want to ask. Maybe tonight, I won't have to be their time killer why they wait on Stygian or Steel Angel to walk by. The only thing worse than being made to answer stupid questions is the knowing that while you are wasting your time they are just biding theirs. At any moment you will be ditched for the bigger, better scoop and left to wonder why you didn't just lower your head and walk away. This happens every time.... Maybe once it will be different. Maybe that night is tonight.

Parker steps out of his car in the parking lot. He looks up at the arena in front of him, knowing that just in a few short hours people will line up outside the doors just waiting for their chance to get inside and boo the hell out of him. The lines haven't formed yet, but Parker would have given anything to see them there. To have a chance to feed off of their hatred for him before he had to deal with the reporters. Get a quick injection of "dont give a fuck" before dealing with the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with being part of the roster. He could stand their with his car door open and wish for it to happen, but it wasn't going to. It never did. There was nothing that was going to make his walk any easier. Plain and simple Parker hates people. He is not a car salesman. He is not a man of many words. He would rather just do his job and then go home after, but that isn't how the industry works anymore. Their has to be a character behind everything that he does. If he didn't find one, eventually everyone was going to realize he was just a great in ring competitor with no character upside. Say goodbye to the title shots, and hello to the faceless bodyguard role. He wasn't going to settle for that. That is why he joined Natural Law. That is why he called out main event stars. Parker needed some flash to offer these people. He did it with surprise. Still, that is only a temporary fix to the problem. He didn't have these moments every week to deflect the naysayers. Every show was a challenge. One that started as soon as his gym bag was on his shoulder and the door of his car was closed. He thought about all of this as he slammed the door and walked towards the parking garage doors.

Headphones. Didn't that used to work when I was at wrestling meets? When he didn't want to listen to all of the noise around him, just throw in a couple of earbuds and walk straight through the crowd without acknowledging anyone. Of course, then he had to deal with everyone thinking the worst. Maybe he was injured. Maybe he was unprepared. Maybe he lacked the confidence that was necessary to win. No. avoidance wasn't going to be an option. In order to get to the locker room where I can get some peace and quiet before that bell rings, I have to put on a happy face.

The elevator from the parking garage opened right into the backstage area. It was too early for fans to be lining up and trying to get autographs as the stars walked through security, and that was the reason why Parker showed up at this time every week. The less people he had to deal with, the better he felt. He nods absent mindedly to the security staff and they allow him through without any discussion. He turns the corner ahead, knowing that in his sight would be his finish line, but that in order to get there he would have to go through the mob.

If I was smart I would probably just stay in the car until show time. Too late for that now I suppose, already committed.

He turned the corner, facing his fate, but to his surprise there was nobody there to meet him. The circle area in the middle of the stretch of hallway was devoid of life. The regular group of media personnel seemingly have taken the day off. Parker perks up. His strides get longer. His feet don't point in towards each other with every step, as if trying to delay the inevitable. Is gym bad doesn't seem so heavy anymore. The weight is off of his shoulders and the promised land is within his reach without having to wade through bullshit to get there. Just feet from his door, already starting to reach out his hand for the door he hears the last thing that he wanted to hear.

Reporter: I noticed a pattern of you trying to sneak in here earlier and earlier each week. Almost like you didn't want to talk to us Mr. Wayde. Any particular reason for that?

Parker: Do you honestly have to ask?

Parker didn't even turn around before answering the question. Already the feeling of nausea was starting to come back. His bag was feeling heavier. His legs didn't want to move.

Reporter: I also figured out that you started arriving later and later the week it was announce that your former associate was dead and gone. Some car crash I think it was. I started thinking to myself that maybe you were avoiding us while you grieved about the loss.... but that doesn't seem to be the right answer. I think you are avoiding us for a different reason.

Parker:And what would that be?

The longer that this conversation wore on, the more likely it was that Parker could get himself into trouble. He really just wanted to turn the handle. He had taken another step while the man was talking, and now had the doorknob in his hand. The old brass of the knob, and the scratches that had been worn into it over the years of its use felt so comforting to him.

Reporter: I think you already know the answer to that question Parker. After all, a grieving friend wouldn't be recording videos of a dead man's study room now would he? A grieving friend wouldn't have been able to come to work where he spent so much time with his former associate. A grieving friend would have a hard time winning multiple championships during such a hard time.

Parker: What can I say, I guess I really am the heartless bastard that you see on television.

Parker could hear the words ring false, even as they left him mouth. He wanted them to be true, but knew that deep down inside, they weren't. He hoped whoever the hell this guy was would get the point and simply walk away. Parker crossed his fingers that he sounded more sure of himself than he felt. Parker could not let the conversation continue. He had to put an end to it now.

Parker: I have a match tonight that I need to get ready for. So unless you have something that you want to say....

Reporter: Oh I have quite a lot that I want to say Mr. Wayde. I have a lot of questions that I bet you would be able to answer for me. I will play your game though. I will let you go into your little room and wait until it is time for your match. We both know that all you are doing is making an excuse to leave. I just want you to know that no matter how early you show up, no matter what route you take through the arena, every single week I will be here. You can only avoid talking to me for so long. Eventually you will have no choice but to have a real conversation with me.

Parker: What makes you so sure of that?

Parker didn't wait for a response. He couldn't. He turned the door and stepped into the room. As the door closed behind him he fell backwards against it, dropping his bag to the floor as he did. Was that really the reason he had started to avoid answering questions? Had he unconsciously convinced himself of a false reality where talking to them was just a waste of time? Had Parker lied to himself so many times that he had started to believe it? He could dwell on these thoughts all night... but there was a job that he had to do. He had a bitch that needed to be taught a lesson not to mess with him. If only the beating he gave her last time had been sufficient, maybe he could have avoided that conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade   Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parker Wayde [vs.] Vanessa Cade
Page 1 of 1