Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters Empty
PostSubject: Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters   Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Diana Logan tries to turn back the challenge of the sultry, seductive, and always dangerous Ruby Winters!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Diana Logan

Diana Logan

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Face

Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters   Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Diana Logan:
All right, I see what I did wrong there.

I sat back in the comfortable chair in the corner of Adam’s gym and dojo. My brother-in-law had been my trainer for a long time, since before he married my sister. I was how they met, not that it was important in this moment.

In this moment, what was important was reviewing the footage of the other night’s match with Blyss Lockhart. I needed to know what I had done wrong, where she had managed to get the best of me. Knowing what I did right was important, too. I needed to do more of that, and less of the other shit.

Adam glanced over at me from where he was working with a couple of his jujitsu students, and chuckled. He had heard me talking to myself, and apparently found it amusing. I was sure he’d have things to say after he was done with class. I was also sure that he’d reviewed the footage a few times, too. I was paying my brother-in-law good money to keep up with me, and to help me out.

We both knew that I might need someone with more experience sooner or later, but I wanted to help him for as long as he was able to help me, too. I had an incoming niece or nephew, after all. Didn’t know which, yet.

I grinned back at him, and gestured to his staring students to pay attention to their sensei. Apparently a couple of them were IWF fans, with the way they gaped at recognizing me.

A couple of them had the good grace to look embarrassed, and I turned away so they could focus. There was a lot that I needed to get done this week, if I wanted to win. I had made a good first impression, but now I needed to step things up. I wasn’t going to let the Empire smack me around just because I was new.

Maybe I needed to get a hold of Alexander Remington, or Stygian, or any number of people in IWF that had set themselves up against Corey Casey’s Empire…. But I wasn’t sure that I was ready to put myself out there like that just yet. Not with the people at the top. I had more work to do, first, before I had any right to ask anything of them.

Coming home from the gym always felt like I was leaving home to go stay at a hotel. It was more my home than my apartment was. Yes, it was one of the nicest apartment developments in Salt Lake City, but it felt cold and empty. I needed something more there.

I unlocked the door and pushed it open, and then stepped inside. Same as I did every night, when I got home from the gym. Sometimes I stopped for takeout from the Indian place down the street. Sometimes I went to the grocery store first. But it was the same shit, different day.

The one relief every week was when Adam and Chloe came over for Sunday dinner, and I couldn’t wait for there to be a baby. I was happy for them, even if babies weren’t my thing. Not for me, anyway. I was ready for a niece or nephew. Never one of my own.

I set the mail down on the table and thumbed through it. Nothing good. No, wait. That one there was a little interesting. I slid my thumb under the crease and tore it open, and read what was inside.

And then I grinned. This was good news, good news indeed.

The camera focuses on Diana in her red leather jacket, and a navy blue beanie cap with gold stars embroidered on it as she stands on top of a brick wall in some park in Pittsburgh. She doesn’t seem fazed by the snow and the cold. Why would she, when she’s from Salt Lake City, Utah? “Greatest snow on earth,” Utah has always boasted.

Diana Logan:
Well, well, well. Who’s looking like a bitch now, Miss Lockhart? I’m afraid that your ‘bitch hunt’ wasn’t really all that successful. You set out looking for a bitch, but you didn’t find one in me. I think the real bitch you found was the woman who is my opponent this week, am I right?

Diana grins at the camera as she slides black leather-gloved hands into her pockets.

Diana Logan:
Now, Ruby Winters. Your name totally suggests that this is your season, but I’m here to tell you that it’s not. Not tonight. Not last week, either, if that smackdown that Tiffani delivered is any indication. You’re facing the winter of your career, sweetheart, and I’m here to help that along.

But let’s put the seasonal puns aside, shall we?

You might think, since Corey Casey decided to give you a push ahead of Miss Lockhart last week, that you’re on top of your game. I have a theory that he wanted to embarrass you both. Not that I have any evidence, only a hunch. A gut feeling.

But I guarantee that you’ll be feeling plenty in your gut after I’m through with you this week. You can disregard me all you want just because I’m the new girl. You can try to make other people like Miss Lockhart think that fighting the new girl is a disgrace. It’s not. And guess what? I’m not complaining that IWF sees fit to send some of their top divas at me right out of the gate.

I’m a Wyoming girl, honey. I know how to manage a rodeo, and this ain’t my first. You’re welcome to bring it on tonight, but I made the first impression I wanted, and now it’s time to go for something more. You’ve been stagnating too long, Ruby, and you’ve been making women look like they have to be more sexy than they are strong.

I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t work that way, and shouldn’t work that way. I’m strong in my own right. I don’t need to look like a fetish model to win over the hearts and minds of the fans. I’m a real woman, with realistic looks. I’m here to show the girls that are growing up watching with their dads, with their brothers, or, I hope, even with their mothers, that you can be strong, and you can be amazing, and you don’t have to have the approval of a man to be successful.
I don’t need someone like Corey Casey to give me the shot I need. I make my own way, and I earn my success. No man needs to hand anything to me on a silver platter, and you’re going to learn why when we meet in the ring tonight. Bring your best game, honey, but until you believe in yourself for who you are, rather than who men say you should be, you’re not going to be able to hold a candle to Wonder Woman.

Diana hops down off the brick retaining wall, and starts to walk away across the park, as the camera fades to black. There’s supreme confidence in her walk as she disappears from sight.
Back to top Go down

Diana Logan [vs.] Ruby Winters
Page 1 of 1