Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Empty
PostSubject: Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Diana Logan looks to send a message to the IWF Phoenix Champ Blyss Lockhart this week as these two amazing IWF Divas square off one on one!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart   Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 3:09 pm

”Walking Behind

Tuesday

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Tumblr_mjgk91JeNz1r8rx02o2_250

Blyss knocks on the door and waits nervously. She has come straight from the airport after flying in from Atlanta, surviving on zero sleep since yesterday morning. She can barely remember how she’s gotten here in this quiet hallway. And for the first time her mind is too. She places a hand on the back of her neck, feeling a cold shiver. She decides to knock on the door again when it opens.

Jaci stands before her, an unreadable expression on her face. But as Blyss looks back, Jaci’s cold blue eyes says it all.

Blyss Lockhart
Jaci...

Throughout the plane ride earlier, she’s tried to come up with what to say. Lately, their conversations haven’t been much and they always end on a negative note. She’s always brushed it off, thinking friends don’t always have to agree on everything and that the next day they’d be back to hanging out or go running together again.

However, looking at Jaci right now, she has a sinking feeling that things might not cool off any time soon. The anger she’s felt before this moment has melted into just confusion and sadness. Jaci is her first best female friend. Sure, she’s had girl friends before but no one else feels as close. Who else would skip rope with her before the show starts? Give a blunt opinion about the clothes she picks out when they go shopping? Dare her to do things she’s never thought she’d do like going to that nude beach in Rio? Or be that sensible voice in her head that assures her she can do and be more than she thinks she can?

Clearing her throat, she tries again.

Blyss Lockhart
Jaci, I--

But Jaci turns and walks further inside the room instead, leaving the door open. Blyss takes it as an invite in and enters. Jaci sits on a chair and stares at the carpeted floor with her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips sealed tight. Blyss stands awkwardly, not knowing whether to stand or sit. But that isn’t at all important.

Blyss Lockhart
Jaci... (pauses) Jaci?

Jaci Sovereign
(annoyed) Just say it already, Blyss, so we can move on with our lives.

Blyss Lockhart
(hurt) What? (shakes her head slightly) Jaci, I’m sorry.

She waits for a response but Jaci only defiantly stares back at her.

Blyss Lockhart
Whatever it is that I did that offended you in any way, I’m sorry. But I’m not the one who messed up your shoulder. Why are you blaming me for this?

She bites her lower lip, refraining from saying more that’s on her mind. That anger is slowly returning but none of it is directed towards Jaci this time. Even thinking his name...

Jaci Sovereign
Who said I’m blaming you?

Jaci’s voice cuts right through her train of thoughts. Without meaning to, Blyss snaps.

Blyss Lockhart
That’s how you’ve been acting towards me! Like I’m the one in the wrong! I didn’t do anything! Dammit Jaci, I wasn’t even there!

Jaci stands, her facial expression and tone of voice match Blyss’.

Jaci Sovereign
That’s right, you weren’t there! When your boy toy pretty much ended my career, where were you, Blyss?!

Blyss winces. That name again. The first time Jaci’s said that is on Twitter yesterday. Though Jaci’s shorter, Blyss steps back feeling slightly threatened.

Blyss Lockhart
Why you gotta say it like that? He-- he’s not. Jaci, I was helping Tim. He got attacked badly by Sean--

Jaci Sovereign
I know what happened to Tim. I saw that. It’s the fact that you just didn’t bother to come back for my match... (trembles) And then this happened. (clears throat) I thought I could count on you being there for me. But I was wrong. So wrong. If it’s not Gordon, it’s Tim. Ever since Homecoming, ever since winning that title belt, you’ve been pushing people who care for you to the back of your mind with another and another until the first people become an afterthought. And THAT’S how you’ve been acting towards me, Blyss. You did this first.

Blyss steps back in shock, hitting the wall behind her. Jaci stays where she stands, her eyes now glistening with tears.

Jaci Sovereign
I didn’t wanna think this way. I told myself that I shouldn’t question our friendship but I’m not blind, the pattern here is so obvious. You drop things so quickly for something new for reasons I can’t quite tell. But yeah, that’s it. Knowing you, you’ll deny it to the grave. But then again maybe I don’t really know you anymore.

Blyss’ hands curl up into fists by her sides and knock hard against the wall. She cries out in frustration.

Blyss Lockhart
YOU’RE now questioning ME? What the fuck? I’ve never pushed you away, Jaci! You of all people know I have enough of this crap from Gordon and now you’re doing the same! I can’t be everywhere at once! If I could tear myself up into two, three or whatever just so I can be where everyone needs me, I’ll do it! I’ll do it, Jaci! But I can’t, okay?! I can’t!

Jaci simply sits back down on the chair while Blyss herself feels like collapsing.

Jaci Sovereign
(calmly) At this point, I think it’s best that you leave now. I can’t talk to you when you’re like this. Please, just go. I couldn’t sleep much last night thanks to, you know, the pain so I’d like to get some rest if you don’t mind.

The sarcasm stings but Jaci’s right. All Blyss wants now is to scream at her and that won’t do either of them any good. Blyss swallows the bitter pill and walks out of the room. As she turns to close the door, she exhales softly.

Blyss Lockhart
I’m sorry this happened, Jaci. I really am.

But her voice only manages to come out a whisper and Jaci didn’t hear a single word.

I know I left too much mess
And destruction to come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again

Saturday

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Tumblr_lwgfyozP7U1r8rx02o6_r1_250

The morning sun streams in through the curtained window, flooding light into the bedroom. Blyss still lies wide awake, staring at the peeling paint from the ceiling. She wonders if she should go to the hardware store today and fix that herself. She turns her gaze to the closed door. The lock on that has been spoiled for weeks. And so is the side table lamp. She reaches for the switch and presses it a few times. Nothing.

There’s so much to fix around here.

You are constantly letting yourself be distracted. Get back on track.

Blyss sits up in bed, running a hand through her hair. Things haven’t exactly been better since she met Jaci earlier that week. In fact, it feels like the days have just melted into each other and somehow it’s already the weekend. She swings her legs over the side of the bed and massages the back of her neck.

You knew this would happen. I’ve told you many times before. Jaci’s part of that list now.

Blyss grabs her cell phone from the side table and scrolls through the Twitter timeline. She sees an old picture of Tim that he posted in a tweet and smiles, typing out a reply to joke about his pink hair. He responds to disagree, jokes back about how it’s really awesome. That makes her laugh.

Tim is next... Cut him out like you did Gordon.

Blyss frowns. It’s been days since she’s last heard from him. Even on this past BattleGrounds, somehow they didn’t cross paths. And because of Tim, she didn’t even stay to watch the main event where he... Right. Jaci’s already pointed that out, not to mention yelled about it in her face. She feels like she’s been punched in the gut. And it’s all her own doing.

An effective move nonetheless.

Blyss tosses her phone aside and buries her face in her hands for a second before slamming her fists on her knees. This isn’t what wanted. She’s sick of having people leave her, knowing that she can do something to save these relations. To stop the rope from breaking or mend what hurts. Before all the bridges burn, leaving her alone surrounded by the ashes once again. She’s risen before but this pattern has to stop. It’s becoming too much to bear now and sometimes she’s even caught herself thinking if she should just give it all up.

Giving up doesn’t equate to failure in this situation. It’s the correct option, the only option. This is all nothing but a great distraction from achieving your goals in your career.

Blyss’ eyes flit to the Phoenix championship title belt that is placed on the dresser across from her.

A great queen rules on her own.

Blyss stands and walks slowly to the dresser. Tracing a finger over the plate design, her heart rate starts to pick up. It will soon be time to defend her title. Interestingly, the winner of the Best of 3 series turns out to be Diana Logan. She barely knows her opponent at the Isolation pay-per-view personally but as a wrestler, she can’t deny that the woman has skills. She slams a fist on the dresser, missing the belt by an inch. The fact that Jessica didn’t tell her in person that it would be a triple threat at the PPV instead pisses her off. She had to find out like everybody else that the very person who’s been tormenting her for the past couple of weeks would be added to the title match.

Megan knows better now that what she’s done to you would be paid back in full and more at Isolation. Wouldn’t it be nice to pin her for the third time and keep your title too? Oh... sweet... bliss...

But Diana has also made her return to make a name for herself in the business and company. Blyss has heard that she’s been training with Rosalie Knight, a former holder of the then Queen of Wrestling title. Getting a shot at the Phoenix championship definitely proves Diana’s efforts and if Blyss isn’t careful...

Diana is nothing more than a wannabe chasing for gold that will never bear her name. You’ve beaten her once in her debut and on BattleGrounds, it wouldn’t be a different story. Isolation would be easy to take her out quickly so you can focus on humiliating and eliminating Megan for the last time.

As Blyss looks up, she catches sight of her reflection in the mirror. She sweeps her hair back, pinning them behind her head with her hands. Who needs her attention more? The title stays with her after Isolation. It has to. Her shaky hands grip the edge of the dresser. She needs to fix this. The old fear of facing off in a triple threat match is returning. That painful memory of being stabbed in the back by a fellow stable member even though she had refused to work with but did anyways. Her grip tightens.

But that won’t happen at Isolation because you’re friends with neither of your opponents!

Blyss flips her hair to the front over her shoulder, brushing it through with her fingers.

I’ve said it before, my dear Blyss. Friends will only hold you back.

Blyss twirls her hair around her finger, a tiny smile creeping over her lips.

So cut... cut... cut...

To cut or to fix? Destroy or mend? Blyss turns around and looks at her room. Clothes are all over the place, some hanging out of her luggage bag. Her shoes carelessly thrown on the floor. Her laptop balancing precariously near the edge of the bed. Random books in small piles around the room.

Which one works with alleged negligence?

Blyss picks up a jacket and folds it neatly. It’s time to clean up now.

And when we meet
As I'm sure we will
All that was then
Will be there still

Monday

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart Tumblr_mmqk2et58C1r8rx02o3_250

Blyss is sitting on a steel chair, leaning forward and propping her elbows on her thighs. Her hands are curled into fists beneath her chin as she looks straight ahead at something off camera. The Phoenix title belt is worn around her waist. Glancing at the camera, her face softens slightly but keeps her gaze at whatever it is she’s looking at earlier.

Blyss Lockhart
I said that I would put away Megan for good so that she won’t ever bother me again. I said that I would make her learn not to mess with me. And last week I did just that in our match. I pinned her for the second week in a row. (smirks a little) But that only made you mad, didn’t it, Megan? Well yeah it should. Because once again, you couldn’t get the job done. I made you eat your words, all those threats, those “big” statements of yours... Oh what a bitter pill... (turns to camera) Not fun, right? Well I kinda told you so, didn’t I? (rolls her eyes slightly) I am still a little pissed that Jessica decided to add you to my match at Isolation. You have done nothing to earn a shot at this. (pats the title belt) Unlike my opponent for tonight... (leans back in chair and tilts head slightly, smiling) Diana Logan. Heh, we meet again. Still rocking that Wonder Woman inspired gear, I see. A lot has changed since you and I last face off in the ring. I’m different and apparently so are you. I can finally see that fire in you now and you’ve proven yourself in only two matches since your return that you’re ready to take my title from me. I sincerely welcome you to try. After all, you’ve earned the no. 1 contender spot unlike some people. I’ve thought about this carefully and though at first as much as I dislike Megan for what she’s done, I will bring that extra fight to you instead. (shakes her head) Let’s talk about tonight now because that will give you a preview of what’s to come at Isolation. Jessica most probably put us together in a match before the PPV just to see how we would fare against each other for the second time. I’ve got one win over you already, Diana and I’m planning to make tonight a second. See, just because my title’s not on the line this time, doesn’t mean I’m gonna choose to slack or think “I’ll get her next time when it actually counts”. Why? Because to me, every match is an opportunity to showcase who’s better in that ring and every time I go out there, I do just that. Title or no title, you best believe that I’ll be bringing my A game. It doesn’t matter if I’m having the best week of my life or the worst. This is what we do, what we chose to do, since the day we first laced up our boots.

Blyss hugs her title belt and leans closer to the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
I’m sure I don’t have to worry about you giving your all for our match tonight. You have as much reason to prove yourself to me, the management and the fans that you stand a chance to beat me at Isolation. I want you to feel that you deserve this opportunity. Practice makes perfect, doesn’t it? Well, actually, it just makes perfect sense. It wouldn’t be the first time to hear of the contender losing to the champion the week before the title match and then going on to win it. But it also wouldn’t be the first time to hear of the champion beating the contender... twice. That’s my plan, Diana. I just can’t go easy in that ring and tonight you get to test the new waters around here. Like I said, I’m not the same girl you’ve met before. I’m so much more driven, now that I’m a champion. This belt is a constant motivation for me to win no matter what. It also adds more fuel to the fire inside me. See, Diana, I too have that fire. Since I first joined the Insurgency, my goal of becoming a champion was all I could think about. How do I get there... What can I do to accomplish this... But lately, that’s not all that’s been keeping me awake at night. Winning this title is just the beginning of my career. My next goal is to keep it as long as I can and defend it against as many as I can. I’m making waves as the Phoenix champion. A title at the lowest tier in the company, they say. But hey, it’s the champion that makes the title, right? I’ve pinned and/or beaten big names in the company like Steel Angel and Parker Wayde. I’ve successfully defended my title against one of the most hardcore superstars on the roster, Storming Raven. Who have you squared off in the ring, Diana? Let’s see, Ruby Winters... Tiffani Michaels... A couple of tag matches... (scoffs) Yeah not much to go on there. For someone who looks up to Wonder Woman, you can’t quite handle the toughness of this business of “win some, lose some”, huh? You bailed way too quickly. Shame. But I’m glad you’re back, Diana. It gives me more competition and I can never say no to that. So good luck out there. You’re probably gonna need it more than me. Luck gets me nowhere. I rely on my actions and tonight I plan to make a statement through them as well. See ya in the ring, No. 1 contender...

Blyss flashes a smile and gets up from the chair. She turns to walk away as the camera cuts to black.

Well I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door

-----------------------------------------------
OOC
Inspired by “White Flag - Dido”
Back to top Go down

Diana Logan [vs.] Blyss Lockhart
Page 1 of 1