Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 am

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
Aries Armadaist
[vs]
Sha' Ta Thor
[vs]
Parker Wayde

RP MINIMUM: 500 words
Back to top Go down
Sah'ta Thor

Sah'ta Thor

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-0-3
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Uncertain Futures   Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:35 am

~*~*~*~*~Plaguing Questions~*~*~*~*~

Battlegrounds 84 had went of the air leaving many questions unanswered. Yet, the one thing that was truly needed answer was why had the show ended with a look of confusion on the face of Sah'ta Thor. It was a look that many had never seen on his face before since he had done his dead level best to come across as if he knew everything that was going on around him. Which is why when he was stopped in the back by Paige Daniels he wasn't surprised or even angry about it.

"Sir, can I get a few minutes of your time to discuss what happened tonight."

Thor nods strangely calm about the chaoticness of the night merely nods.

"Sure, I have a few minutes to spare."

Paige takes a moment to gather her thoughts and then takes a quick breath before speaking.

"Tonight has proven to be a rather hectic one for you. First off I have to ask you about the revelation that Kyuubi made about you being her father. Do you have any idea if her claims are factual?"

"I don't know if what she had to say about our relationship is true or not. However, I intend to find that out by the end of week. I don't know if Kyuubi is playing more head games or if she being truthful. Yet, what I do know is that I have some people I can talk to in order to get to the bottom of her claim."

There is a moment of silence as both Thor and Paige take a minute to digest his answer.

"Moving right along then, do you feel that you did the right thing tonight by kicking Storming Raven out of the Empire of Blood?"

"Paige, I want you to understand something. Storming Raven crossed a line that put him at odds to what the Empire of Blood is all about. I know that many people consider the Empire of Blood to be a cult of some sort but I can assure you that it isn't. Now I don't have the time or the energy to stand her and explain what the Empire of Blood is all about. However, the events of the last few weeks have made me reflect on the fact that there are changes that need to be made considering how we come across to people. Yes I believe that what I did to Storming Raven was not only right but less than what he deserved. I am sure he is off somewhere planning his revenge but I welcome him to it since I have already proven that I can take the best he has to offer and walk away the winner. We all know that I am the one who ended Storming Raven's undefeated Trial of Tears streak. Then we have the fact that my friend Frank Finelli has beaten Storming Raven soundly in the ring. So I look forward to seeing what Storming will do in response to his brutal beatdown."

Thor ends his reply with an almost sadistic grin on his lips. He was going to enjoy demolishing the man he had taken in under his wing. In end the world would know that breaking the Empire of Blood's code of conduct was a death wish.

"Speaking of that beat down, who was that group who appeared out of nowhere to push you and Frank out of the way. Do you know who they are or what they are up to?"

"As hard as this is to believe I have no clue what is going on with this group. However, what I do know is that both Frank and I were pushed out of the way by them. I also know who ever member of the group is from outside of the ring. However, who they are and what they want is a complete mystery to me. My only suggestion would be find Imanov or Kyuubi and see if they are willing to shed some light on the matter. I will have to look and see what this group is all about and plan accordingly. Now if that is all I have some things that I must see too."

With that Thor walks off leaving Paige to hurriedly finish recording. Thing were going to be interesting once the entire picture of what was going on in the Insurgency Wrestling Federation was brought into the light.

~*~*~*~*~A run in with friend~*~*~*~*~

Battlegrounds had disturbed him more that he would ever admit. So he had taken a rushed flight back to Las Vegas to put some time in at the Phoenix Nest. It was a sanctuary of sorts for him when his mind got too cluttered. He needed his mind clear in order to figure out how to deal with the fact that either he had another daughter or that there was a longer story in the works. What he had to do was figure out which was the truth and then act accordingly. Yet, there was no easy answers to this problem. After all, in this case both possibilities could be very well be the truth.

"UGH!"

This utterance was followed up by the sound of flesh hitting canvas. Their a rapid series of these sounds followed by the clattering of a chain. We see a slightly panting Thor standing in front of the a swinging punching bag. His whole demeanor was filled with confusion and and uncertainty. Oh he knew that soon he would be in the ring again in a position to take out some of his frustration. No he needed to get his mind calm enough to confront the issue of finding out if Kyuubi was really his daughter or not. Which currently was not happening as his mind was a mess. There was the sound of laughter from behind him.

"Thor honey, what has that poor bag done to you to deserve this?"

The voice causes Thor to spin away from the bag in shock. He blinks a few times and then sighs upon seeing someone he hadn't seen since the collapse of Global Extreme Wrestling.

"Sav, it has been a long time. I can see that life has been treating you well. As for the bag it was just a convenient target. Needed something to clear my mind."

"Oh I'm sure I could come up with something to make you forget what's ailing you, hon."

Savannah smirked, standing there dressed in jean shorts and a tie up either not caring or proud of the scars that marked her body. Thor slowly looks her over before balling his fists up to punch the bag once more.

"Well this is true but I didn't know you would be in the area Sav. Now have you been keeping up with my career any?"

"Not for a while, hon. For the longest time I didn't watch any action. Too painful to think about possibilities then. I was in pretty bad shape after Wilde and I pulled down the GEW's world around us."

"Don't take the blame for Chelsea's actions. How about I tell you what is on my mind, since you haven't been keeping up with my career. Last night I had one of the most impactful nights of my career. One of the woman on the roster by the name of Kyuubi, who low blowed me out of a championship, claimed she was my daughter. Then I had to forcibly eject somebody from the Empire of Blood for their role in the kidnapping and eventual death of rostermate's fiance and unborn child. So I am a little frazzled with trying to figure out if she was right or not. Oh and then there was the sudden appearance of a group comprising of Kyuubi and a couple of guys from over in the Pure Wrestling Empire Academy came out and took over the beat down."

He sighs loudly as he falls silent with his fist hitting the punching bag to serve as an exclamation mark to his comments. As he spoke Savannah's face became grim in a way that would remind him of her reputation in the GEW as an enforcer.

"Sounds like a sucky night all right. So, this Kyuubi bitch- how many pieces do you want her broken into?"

"Well that all depends on if she is telling the truth about being my daughter or not. Which I have no way of knowing if she is or not right not. So what have you been up to the last couple of years?"

"Well lessee. After they finished pullin' about half of Chicago off me I was laid up for a nice long time
lickin' my wounds. Then rehab and retraining to get back into shape. By the way you like the shape?"

She gave him a pose.

"Better toned than when I last saw you Sav but all that means is that you should be better than you were."

Thor replies with a smirk.

Savannah looked pleased at his comment, but her face showed something else.

"Maybe... I dunno. After all that, I'm not sure if I'm really cut out to-"

"Sav you are a beast in the ring and I know just need to get back in the ring. I know that you have probably been training with Velvet for a return to the ring. So cut the crap about being not being cut out for the wrestling world. You may not know this but I am retiring in just under a year."

This got her attention.

"Retiring? Hell you're still one of the best in the business. What that bitch's nutshot one too many for you?"

"Sav do you know how old I am? I turned 49 about three weeks ago. I figure retiring at 50 after a glorious run is fine. Though it isn't like I will be walking completely away from the business next year."

Savannah looked surprised at his age, then amused but then thought better about saying anything.

"Okay, you sold me. Thing is, where do I get going again? I mean with GEW a smokin' hole where can I go?"

"Well you doing anything on Monday night?"

"Other than petting the cat?"

Thor smirks slightly.

"Precisely. How about I set you up with a plane to meet me in Pittsburg for my next Battlegrounds on Insurgency Wrestling Federation. I can hook you up with the management about getting you on the roster."

Savannah didn't have to think about it. As she heard the words her face lit up with the joy of someone who had tasted the big time only to think she had lost it forever. Then she settle down into a smirk.

"Sure. And maybe you can point out Ms. Ballbuster to me afterwards."

"If she shows up for the night. Since I heard she has the week off."

"Then I'll prowl your corner in case the bitch tries to sneak up on you."

"I will make the arrangements Sav. So what brought you here tonight anyway?"

Thor smirks as he looks her over. Savannah laughed.

"I'll give you three guesses who said it would be a good idea for me to come here and use your gym. Two don't count."

"Yeah we all know my sister is manipulative. So now that you are here what do you plan on doing?"

The smirk was back full force as Savanna moved closer to him.

"That depends on how you plan to work out your energy."

"Well was thinking we could get a private training session in."

Thor says this with a wink as he lets his eyes take in her form. She smiled, then turned and started toward the locker room, her movements showing she thought that was a damn good idea. Thor watches her walk off for a moment before following her knowing that they would have the place to themselves for a little while longer.

~*~*~*~*~Fact finding~*~*~*~*~

It was Thursday morning and we find an Imperial Airlines jet coming into the Hong Kong International Airport. As the plane taxis down the runway the man aboard was in a state of eerie calm. He had made this flight to get down to the bottom of the situation that had been bothering him ever since Kyuubi had revealed her name and the claim that she was his daughter. The thing was that there was much he had to figure out concerning the truth and how he would deal with the implications that finding it would unbury.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Master?"

This question is enough to pull to Thor from his thoughts. He had been asking himself that same thing since the start of the flight and hadn't come to a solid answer as of yet. Oh he had a feeling that this trip would either get him closer to the truth or force a wedge into a relationship that was still being solidified. So as his plane pulls into a private terminal he sighs and turns to answer his personal assistant Paige.

"Truthfully, I have no idea if this is a wise course of action. However, I need to know what Miles knows about Kyuubi's claims."

"What will you do if it turns out that she is telling the truth."

"I don't know Dolly. We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it."

The plane comes to a stop and as the door is opened Thor can't help but sigh in frustration at what he was about to do. He had no idea what was going to happen and that was setting him on edge.

~*~*~*~*~

About an hour later the black suited form of Sah'ta Thor and red dress wearing Paige Daimond step into the foyer of a corporate office. This was the home office of the Chinese portion of the Yamato Enterprises and it would be where Thor would begin to find his answers. He already knew that his son Miles, the man in charge of Yamato Enterprises, was in the building. So with a self assured stride that covered up an inner nervousness Thor approaches the reception desk.

"Can I help you Sir?"

The prompt attention cause Thor to smile as he looks at the receptionist in approval.

"Yes, can you inform Mr. Yamato that a Mr. Grant is here to see him about a pressing family matter."

"I will let him know. It you don't mind take a seat while you wait.

Thor nods as he leads Paige over to a nearby row of chairs. As he sits down he see the receptionist already on the phone in what appeared to be an animated conversation.

"Master, this is pretty amazing office. You have to be proud of Miles for that."

"Oh I am very proud of him Paige. Yet, I can't help but wonder how much information he has been keeping from me. Because if Kyuubi turns out to be my daughter than that would mean she is Miles' twin. Which further means he has been helping her hide from since he revealed his existence to me."

Further conversation is halted by the arrival of an aide who comes to stand right in front of them.

"If you would follow me, Mr. Yamato is just this way."

Thor and Paige both stand up and exchange a glance before following the aide to an elevator past several armed guards. The ride up the elevator is made in silence as each person tries to prepare for what was to come. Once at the proper floor the aide leads the way to Miles' office and shows Thor and Paige in. Sitting behind a desk was Thor's oldest son Miles Yamato who seemed strangely at ease with the sudden intrusion. Thor and Paige sit down as Miles greets them while the aide leaves the room.

"Father, Miss Diamond it is a pleasure to see you in Hong Kong. I would ask what brings you to my fair city but I already know. You are here to get to bottom of the claims that Kyuubi made on Battlegrounds. I have waiting for you to arrive."

"So Miles we can cut the crap then and you can answer me straight up. Is Kyuubi's real name really Lu Chen Yamato?"

Miles doesn't even reply but merely nods his head to show that it was infact the truth.

"Is Lu Chen really my daughter?"

"What is the problem Father? Having trouble believing that you don't know everything about your family? Or is it more the fact that I played you so well for all those months?"

The voice cause Thor to spin around to see the woman known as Kyuubi standing there dressed as one of Miles personal bodyguards. As he takes in the garb he suddenly realizes what must have been going on. It was a realization that made him reflect on how easy it had been to minimize her existence when she had first met him.

"Ahh I see from that expression you have figured out how easy it was to set up my deception. Though don't be mad at Miles for his part in all of this. I am the one who wanted it this way and now that I have revealed the family secret the is no more need for games. I was there when you met Miles for the first time and he told you about our mother but it was my choice not to reveal myself to you then."

Thor takes a deep breath as he tries to keep calm. In that one brief moment he had come to understand that she had been watching him closely for over a year and half and had planned for this moment in a way that he had to admire.

"All I want to know is why I wasn't told months ago. Miles I asked you if you knew anything about Kyuubi after she cost me the Rising Phoenix Title. Now I understand why you put me off and only said you would look into it. Well you have had you laugh so now what?"

Lu Chen moves around and stands next to her twin brother with a strangely pleased smile on her lips.

"Now we talk about the future Father."

~*~*~*~*~Triple Threat Convergence~*~*~*~*~

He was back in the United States and felt no closer to understanding what was going on in his life. His trip to Hong Kong had proven to be informative yet also confusing considering how it had played out. All he knew is that he couldn't let the confusion derail him from what he had to do. He had to regain control of his wrestling career after what had happened to him the last few months. Due to the betrayal of a man he had considered a brother he had become embroiled in a war that had proven only to be a ruse. On one hand Thor could respect the move as it did show a cunning but on the other it was a blatant breach of trust that would dealt with in full. Yet, now wasn't the time to dwell
on what had happened over the last month. No it was best if he turned his attention towards the future and that meant he had to focus on his upcoming match. It would be a match that many were already counting him out of due to who he would be facing. Yet, he knew it was time for him to show the world that recent events had not undermined his abilities in the ring.

"You okay son?"

The question causes Thor to turn his head to the side where his father was coming through the door.

"Why do you ask Dad?"

"Maybe it was the sour lemon look on your face that me wonder if you were okay or not."

Thor sighs as his father moves into the room and takes a seat on a chair nearby. The older man was right of course but that didn't mean Thor appreciated being read like a book.

"It is just a combination of things Dad. My impending retirement, the events of last Battlegrounds, and the expectations I have of myself as I wind down my career."

"Ah they all sound like weighty matters to deal with. So how can I help lighten the load son?"

"What I want to know is how did I miss what Storming Raven was up to? How could I have missed that he was using me to pursue his own agenda? How did I not catch that Kyuubi was my daughter? Have I lost my edge when it comes to reading people?"

"Son, I think you still see the best in everyone. Which after all the misery that you have suffered in your lifetime is an admirable trait. The problem is that not everyone is as good as you think them capable of being. I know this is a disappointing and in the case of Storming Raven personally painful. I don't think your sense of judgment about people is off Nathaniel. I think that some people are just better at hiding secrets than you are used to. All you can do is move forward and show the world that you won't let the actions of others deter you from your goals."

Thor sighs at this knowing that his father was right. After all, he did have a tendency to see people as being inferior to his talent and intellect.

"Dad it isn't just that. Did you catch that IWF.com exclusive where Storming Raven said I was a hypocrite because I say don't hurt kids bu hang out with Frank. Well you know my philosophy on that. You know that I mean actions that directly result in the harm of children. Now if you ask me handing over a pregnant woman to a murder has a very direct harmful result. Oh don't get me wrong when I say that I am perfectly well aware that I have done things I am not proud of in my life but never have I done anything purposefully meant to hurt children. So Storming wants to declare war on me so be it but I am not about to let that distract me from what I need to do in the IWF."

There is a moment of silence as Nigel Grant, the man better known as Santara, nods in agreement. He knew full well that his son had done things that had unintentionally harming children but never had he committed any actions that could be deemed purposefully harmful.

"So just what are you up to in the IWF? I mean it isn't like you have been involved with anything meaningful besides battling Tim Patrick. Not since you lost the Uprising Title anyway. So any plans on forcing your way back into the title picture anytime before you retire?"

"Trust me Dad, I have been doing everything I can to get back into the title hunt. A hunt that my darling daughter forced me out of in the first place with her low blow attack. I however, find it amusing that management hasn't given me my rightful return match for the Rising Phoenix Championship in light of those events. Yet, I know that there are a ton of politics in play for this situation but I plan on laying everything to rest come Battlegrounds. I plan on pinning Aries in the center of that ring this week and in the process force myself back into the title picture."

'"Aren't you forgetting about Parker Wayde?"

"What about him Dad? I know he is in the match and that he has no love for me. Yet, that doesn't worry me in the least because as fun as it would be to pin an IWF Grandslam Champion he isn't the one I want to send a message with. His time will come soon enough and when it does I will hold nothing back from completely and utterly destroying him. No this week my goal is nothing short of taking down one of IWF's so-called best and beating in the ring. Then I know that the management with have no choice but to put me back into title matches. I WILL be a champion after From the Ashes but first I have to take my shot at gold."

Santara nods slightly then tilts his head thoughtfully.

"What are you going to do about this new group that Kyuubi and Imanov are part of?"

"What can I do Dad? I don't have enough information about them besides who they are. Trust me I will get to the bottom of why James was out there the other night but until I know what they are up to I can't plan a response. But that is a side issue dad and one that I can't allow into my head right now. I have to be at the top of my game when the three paths converge at Battlegrounds. It shall be night to remember with a Norse god takes out a Greek God of War and a IWF Grandslammer. It shall be MY night to stand supreme and when the dust settles it shall only serve to foreshadow my match to come at From the Ashes."

'You sound confident Son."

Thor only nods in agreement since he didn't feel like speaking anymore about the subject. No he had plans to make and arrangements to make for his uncertain future.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:54 am

your dreams are lost

a punctuated goodbye

false tears and a hollow eyed out nothing

in that way that doesn't really mean a thing

drip-stocked and locked

and impromptu something that means the world

I see him there

and he's laughing at me again today.

and he's laughing at me again today

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Off-Camera
August 10th 2013 [7:12 AM]
Winston-Salem, NC - Hospital
Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde 20sbvh3

Parker's eyes flicker open once, and then the heaviness of his sleep shuts them closed. He is awake, but the rest of his body doesn't know it yet. They open again, this time trying their best not to focus on anything. Two weeks, and still Parker isn't ready to deal with the proverbial elephant in the room. It was painful when he wasn't here, but it only got indescribably worse the further he got away from the room. The drive to Indiana for Heroes Also Die was the longest trip of his life. Yet, he managed. Parker pulled through the pain, and succeeded. Focusing on what was out there, made it easy to forget what was happening in here, even if it was only for five minutes at a time. He would pay any price for those five minutes. That is not to say, that he hadn't made progress here. It was Wednesday night when he was first able to direct his eyes to the bed. Some of the weight was lifted, seeing the peaceful look on his father's face. Parker only hoped that it was more peaceful in his dreams than it was in his own. If the old man could open his eyes and see his son now, he would indeed be laughing at him. A kid that only wanted to get out, stuck in a room within the city he couldn't wait to leave. He wouldn't want him to be here, at least that was what he would tell Parker. There would be no words of kindness for his presence. Only a look. An unspoken understanding between the two of them. If he could open his eyes, maybe Parker would be able to close his without the bad dreams. If he could open his eyes, maybe Parker would feel the weight on his chest lifted. Until then...

-JHalc-
It's getting a little creepy now. How long you gonna look at him? If you would like, I could give the two of you a little time alone...

Parker sat up with a start. He hadn't known that anyone was in the room with them. He turned to face Jay, wiping the sleep out of his eyes, and already starting to feel his blood pressure rise.

-Parker-
What do you think you are doing here?

-JHalc-
Exactly what you asked me to do. Do you have any idea what time it is? Taking time to sleep in were you?

Parker first turned and looked at the window in front of him. The sun was starting to rise already. Jay was right, his alarm should have woken him up hours ago. Parker looked to the table next to him, his phone wasn't there. He immediately started digging around the chair next to him, but didn't find it there either.

-JHalc-
Looking for this?

Jay holds up the phone with a smile on his face. The vein in Parker's neck starts to pump wildly and his face starts to turn a brownish shade of red. Instead of lashing out, Parker locks his jaw and forces his mouth closed, grinding his teeth. There was going to be no point of blowing up. It would satisfy Jay, and would terrify all of the nursing staff.

-Parker-
Just how long have you been here?

-JHalc-
Long enough to watch you tear up thinking about how daddy never said he loved you. Long enough to hit on at least three nurses. Long enough to know that you talk in your sleep.

-Parker-
You turned off my alarm?

-JHalc-
I only figured it would save you from waking up from that nightmare. I felt sorry for you. Not sorry enough to wake you.... but sorry.

-Parker-
How late am I?

-JHalc-
I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of two hours.

Parker stood from the chair, already dressed to leave. He looked at his father's face once more, turning back towards JHalc a split second before he had the chance to make another joke. With two quick steps he was in front of Jay, and allowed himself the satisfaction of a heated glare before taking the phone from his hand.

-JHalc-
You have a safe trip. I'll take good care of sleeping beauty.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Parker's House
One small step
Parker's Address

Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde 6zmp0p

The scene opens with Parker standing in front of his desk. Once again he appears to be in a hurry, no doubt as a result of Jay's games.

-Parker-
You know, Parker hates telling people that he is right. It's like having to repeat myself. There is nothing really even to gloat about anymore. Each week, for the last two months, I have talked down to my opponents. The last man in that long line, Jack Savage. Normally Parker wouldn't waste his time talking about someone that was in his rear view, but this time it was different. Sure, the beating lasted mere moments. Sure, everyone saw it coming. The difference is, Jack Savage went into it willing, and I saw in his eyes that he knew what was coming. Parker listens to people, and Parker watches their little vignettes. If they say something in front of a camera, you can rest assured that I have seen it, and that I will remember it. Jack Savage said he was a changed man. He said that he was letting the monster out of its cage. Losing, for him, was no longer an option. It was that, that reminded me of who started this journey that I am on. Another man that walked willingly into his own slaughter. It was the beginning, that showed up at the end.

Parker turns away from the camera for a moment, and reaches back over the desk. From out of sight, he pulls a small wastebasket. To say it was full would be an understatement. Bits of wadded paper, water bottles, and a dozen or so other objects had filled it past its capacity. Parker places it on the desk next to him, and turns back to the camera.

-Parker-
Parker was reminded of the very beginning of this journey. See, a six month long losing streak really breaks a man down, and makes him look at what he is doing wrong. Parker hadn't changed the way that he was talking to people. Parker had changed the way he was acting in the ring. That didn't mean that something hadn't gone wrong. The people around me, constantly trying to mold me into what they thought you people wanted to see, was what was bringing me down. A selfish bitch was trying to manipulate me into being her attack dog. A hack reporter was trying to convince me that trying to be a better person outside the ring would make me turn things around once I was inside the ring. I had sunk to my lowest point because I wasn't doing what got me to the top. Parker was not being himself. So what happened? A clean sweep of all those people that Parker had surrounded himself with. A new beginning. Parker was at the bottom, looking up at the entire IWF world. Believe me when I say, this place looks a whole lot different looking up than it did when I was looking down.  However, now I stand above all of the bottom feeders. I found out that when I am on my own, I always find a way to win. i didn't need someone to make me a better person so that you people wanted to get behind me. I didn't need some bitch trying to buy me into the main events. All Parker needed to do, was do what Parker did best. This place is a testament to the changes I have made in my life.

Parker looks around the room, and then up to his four IWF championships that hang from the chandelier.

-Parker-
This place was a total wreck. No lighting, not a single book on the shelves. The desk was lucky to still be standing, and it couldn't even remember a time that it was a functioning work space. The chandelier had long fallen from the ceiling during a particularly nasty temper tantrum, and there were bits of paper all over the floor. The last of these things was what matter the most. A single scrap of paper, torn from a book maybe, and covered what could have been spilled coffee. It was a scrap of paper that I pulled randomly off the floor, and compared to a man that was as close to the bottom as I was. He too, had said that he was going to unleash the monster within himself. A man that had watched his fiance make an adult movie with one of his co-workers. A man that was actually as big of a joke as Parker said he was. Steve, or Storming Raven as he prefers, got compared to a useless piece of paper that I then balled up and threw into this very trash can. I told him that he was a piece of garbage, and I discarded him during the match that I had with him just like I had with the paper I compared him too. What reminds me of this now, is how he compares perfectly to Jack Savage. A man who promised that he would turn a corner, and after getting crushed under my heel, he did just that. The kid twisted himself, and manipulated himself into a position where he wound up in main events. He walks around knowing that people are tuning in every single week wanting to know what sick action he is going to take next. He quite literally sent a family to their slaughter. He told me that he was going to unleash something, and then only succeeded in doing so after I beat some sense into him, or rather, I beat the rest of the sense out of him. A scrap of paper, turned into a monster. A loss that Parker handed him, served as a springboard for his career. Parker was still busy taking out the lowest of the low, and yet, someone that Parker was proven better than, had leapfrogged him. I owe Jack Savage a debt, for showing me this fact.

Parker places the waste can back down on the floor and turns around to the desk. He plants his right hand, and then steps up onto the desk, now within reach of the championship belts. Being careful not to move too hastily, he unsnaps the Full Throttle title, and then drops it down to the desk beneath him. Not content with just taking one, he reaches up and unsnaps the tag team championship and drops it down as well. With his mission accomplished, he turns back towards the camera and hops down off of the desk. He reaches and grabs the Full Throttle belt in his left hand, and lifts the IWF tag belt with his right. Holding them both to his waist he looks down at them as he starts to talk.

-Parker-
Parker told himself, and told all of you, that one step at a time he was going to go up the ladder in IWF. Parker was going to walk through every person on the roster, regardless of their position. If it meant taking out common trash like Tiffani Michaels, Alexander Raven and Megan Andrews then Parker would do so with a smile on his face. If climbing another rung on the ladder meant that Parker had to stomp monsters like Storming Raven, Frank Finelli and Jack Savage into the ground, he was going to laugh while they failed in front of the world. Two months worth of winning proved to Parker, and the world that this was the industry that he was meant to be in. The problem that I see now, was that the people that Parker took out, were either disappearing without a trace, or they were still finding themselves above Parker for some reason. Jack Savage reminded Parker how big of a joke Storming Raven was two months ago, but now Steve is sitting on top of the world. If I were to spend another two months banishing people that aren't going to be remembered for anything, who is to say that Jack Savage won't turn out the same way? Not even a week ago, I sat in this very room and told you that an easy win was better than a debilitating loss. Jack Savage taught me that I was wrong. I hate saying that I told you so, but one thing that I hate more is having to say that I was wrong. I have a chain full of wins, and a wastebasket full of garbage. People are going to remember that Parker turned himself around, but they aren't going to remember how until Parker does something big. That is a step that I am going to take this week.

He holds the two belts up to the screen.

-Parker-
You won't understand it just yet, but these are going to be on the line this week. Two of Parker's past accomplishments are going to be achieved, at least metaphorically, by the time that Battlegrounds 85 is over.

He shifts the Full Throttle Championship to his other hand and then reaches down to unzip the bag at his feet. He shuffles things around to make space, and then gently places the two belts inside. He zips the bag, and then lifts it up onto his shoulder before approaching the camera.

-Parker-
See you soon...

The scene cuts to black.

Fever dreams and the absence of denial

cast like a seascape of something

only slightly better than nothing

an epiphany of sorts

of what was there before you knew it

the single touch from the god of your yesterday

as words fall down around you

a glass house that shatters so easily

you are your own broken dreams

watching your sanity slip with every glimmer of hope

trying to reconstruct what has fallen

mocking indiscretions

I am this pain

can you feel me breaking you?

Parker's Locker Room
One Giant Leap
Parker's Address

Parker has the camera set up right in front of him in the locker room. His black trunks are already on, like he is ready to go out and fight now. His "Instant Impact" shirt is a painfully displayed marketing plug hung in the lock behind him. Normally his videos are recorded in a much more casual way. Chalk that up to him always seeming to be running behind these days. A video going live the same day as the show is a rarity in and of itself.

-Parker-
Yesterday, before Parker came up for the show, he had a little something to say about the past. As far as Parker is concerned, all of that is behind him. Everything got laid out on the table, and then I left you with a little something to ponder.

The same bag from the first video is sitting between his feet and Parker takes a second to unzip it and pull from it the old Full Throttle Championship.

-Parker-
Once I got things turned around for myself, I made a promise to myself. I even told all of you people about it so that I could rub it in your face once everything fell into place. Parker is happy to tell you that today is that day. For those of you that have failed to keep up, let me refresh your memory. The whole thing about Parker starting at the bottom and workig his way back up, is directly tied to the championships that hang over his head when he does these videos.... well... most of these videos. I chose to look up at those titles, knowing that I was so far beneath them that they were not even close to being in my grasp. Their suspension from the chandelier was me physically placing myself at the bottom, and looking up at what I used to be. Parker spent the last year taking himself from being a rookie, to being a Grand Slam Champion. That was no small achievement, but the man that I was a few months ago, was not the same one that won all those titles. The man looking back at me in the mirror was one that couldn't buy a win, let alone think about holding a championship. Parker was barely worth the money that he was being paid. Now it is about time that I start earning back those paychecks. See, I say that the last two months is in the past because I look at that as a time where I was afraid to step up. I was taking on those on the bottom so that I could get my game back. I wanted to be the guy taking out the trash because Parker didn't have the faith in himself to actually be the guy on the top of the mountain. Those last two months were spent paying the dues that I didn't pay the first time around and now that I am on the rise, it is time to take one big leap forwards.

Parker places the Full Throttle title over his shoulder and takes a second to look down at it. It was the first championship that he won in his career, and he had long waited to take it down from the metaphorical pedestal he had placed it on.

-Parker-
If you haven't been around in IWF long, you probably have no idea what this piece of tin hanging from my shoulder is. Unless you were here a year ago when Parker started, you probably haven't even heard the name "Full Throttle" used unless it was me saying it. See, not long after Parker got here, this championship got put down. I was the last person to hold it when it was retired for the Uprising Championship instead. There is another person around here that can relate to that story. As a matter of fact, there is a guy that can relate to that story that is going to find himself across the ring from me on this very night. Sah'ta Thor was the last man to hang onto what this belt became. Then, a lot like what happened to Parker a year ago, his title was lost, and something new replaced it without a second thought given to the fact that he had rightfully won the championship. Thor at least got to carry his belt for fifty or so days. Parker got to hold this title for less than twenty four hours before it was taken from him and turned into something else. It's no coincidence that I brought this here with me. It is just as big of a part of this match as any of the actual participants. Parker took this down, because Parker is ready to prove to himself that he is above this. He is going to take down the guy that embodies what this title means to him. Thor is the closest that I am going to get to that, and I know exactly what kind of person Thor is. After all, I have already kicked his DNA in the ass once before.

Parker pulls the title down and drapes it across the bench he is sitting on.

-Parker-
It would appear, that one of the loads you dropped in an oriental managed to get herself a spot on this roster. Now, she may not have revealed you until last week, but the thing is, Parker has already kicked her to the curb and didn't break a sweat doing it. Parker has taken the best shot that the fruit of your loins could give, and laughed at it. Parker will cut you a little slack though. You have style. Actually, Parker could see the two of us getting along rather nicely. You do what you want to do, when you want to do it. You are willing to cross a lot of lines that others wouldn't think to cross, if it means that you see your goals come to fruition. However, the problem that you have, is the same one that Parker used to have. You have surrounded yourself with a pack of losers that do nothing but hold you back. While Parker is on the rise, you are becoming stagnant. While Parker is taking one big leap forwards, you are being shown up by Tim Patrick at every turn. Granted, you cut a heavy piece of dead weight off your back last week when you dropped Storming Raven, but that isn't going to be enough. Parker has bested the only enforcer that you have left at your disposal, and we both know that you are only good at attacking people in groups. When it comes to standing toe to toe, and face to face, you can't overcome on your own. That is why when you had your chance to beat Blyss and take over that shiny new Rising Phoenix title, you fell right on your face. You are the incarnation of the step forward that I need to take to put this Full Throttle title behind me. You are the price that I am going to pay in order to prove to myself that I am better than this championship. I would say that it is just a case of being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, like I told Jack Savage last week, but I would be lying. Ever since I made a promise to hunt down the people corresponding to these titles, your name has been at the top of my list. Tonight you get scratched off.

Parker reaches down into the bag the second time and pulls the retired IWF tag team championship from the bag.

-Parker-
I wish there was some kind of grand mystery behind this title, but it would seem that I have already tipped my hand. You people might be thinking that I shouldn't even be bringing up the failure that was GrandSlam, but that really isn't going to be the point here. Aries is a champion, and all champions are being hunted down. Just because I have never won the one that he is clinging onto currently, doesn't mean that he isn't part of this. After three months of losing matches, and walking out of IWF Corey Casey came to me promising one thing, and one thing only. He was bringing back the tag titles, and he offered me the opportunity to win them so that I could say that I have done it all. I came back, and I did just that. However, just like Thor in the present, I had some dead weight holding me back. Steel Angel couldn't hold up his end, and I knew it from the very start. Look at how right I was about that, he isn't even on the roster anymore. He was my original target for this hunt, but since he is no more, I am just going to have to take out the only man left standing from the tag team division, and that is you Aries.

Parker takes the title and places it down on the bench opposite the Full Throttle belt.

-Parker-
We are no stranger to each other Aries. We have faced off more than once, and on both occasions I remember coming out on top. I had you beaten on the outside of the ring when Steel Angel handed your team our tag team titles, and the two of us both know that it is the truth. You got carried to that title reign, just like Steel got carried by me. When the time came for you to put them on the line, I put your ass though a table and discarded you. The sad thing about it is, I dropped you out of a match when the numbers were against me. You had a shot at me two on one and you couldn't get it done, and I was at the lowest point of my career at that point. My worst, was better than your best. You know it. I know it. Everyone watching knows it. In fact, your partner even knew it. She would rather be out of a job than be your partner. If you need any  proof, try showing up to Underground. She'll be there, managing someone else instead of having to carry you as a partner. You may have bested Blyss to win that Rising Phoenix Championship, but that title wouldn't even exist if it hadn't been taken from me and twisted and redesigned more times than I can count.

Parker looks down at the Full Throttle belt, and then swivels his head over to the IWF Tag Team belt.

-Parker-
I guess the only question left that needs answered is, who is going to take the fall? Better yet, who is going to be the one tapping out? When I decided that tonight was going to be the night that the champion hunt came to fruition, I hadn't yet decided which one of these two titles was going to be the one that got put behind me. I knew that I was going to be standing in front of both of you. I knew that I was going to be the one walking out with my hand raised in the air. What I didn't know, and what I still do not know, is which one of you is going to fall first. The one thing that I can promise you is that when I win, it won't be because I got lucky and held you down on the mat for three seconds. If all goes my way, one of you is going to be locked up, and you are going to be forced to Just Tap Out. I want the satisfaction of knowing that you are telling me that I am better than you are. If I could amend the rules to make it be an I Quit match, I would do it in a heartbeat. I want to be in the center of that ring, with a person that is the embodiment of one of the two of these championships, and I want that title to speak to me through one of you. I want to feel you tap out. I want to hear you say that you quit and that I am better than you are. I guess I am going to have to settle for you begging to let me go. It won't matter to me who draws the short straw.

Aries.

Thor.

One of you is about to have your final call.

I'll let you two decide who it is going to be.

With that, the feed cuts to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aries Armadaist [vs] Sha' Ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde
Page 1 of 1