Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane Empty
PostSubject: Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane   Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:28 am

GO GO GO
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane   Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Good Lord...book the shit out of this!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Shadow Demon

PostSubject: Going Rogue: The Last Laugh (Finale) / The Past The Present and The Future   Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:42 am

Going Rogue: Recap

Following the NLWF PPV Dangerous by Design where Shadow Demon retained his Undisputed Championship against seven other men inside the Triple Cage, both he and his wife Rogue were attacked and kidnapped by Salvation during a house show. Salvation then ended Shadow’s historic Undisputed title reign before taking him and Rogue to the City of Salvation. Corey proceeded to torture them both, in order to convert Shadow Demon to Salvation by any means necessary. Corey succeeded in his goal, converting Shadow by torturing Rogue to death...or so he thought. Perceiving Rogue to be dead, Salvation dumped her body on the side of a road on the outskirts of the City. Luckily enough, a woman by the name of Jenna noticed Rogue on her way to the City, took her back to her home and nursed her back to health. Unfortunately only a week after Rogue was saved by Jenna, Salvation discovered that Rogue was not dead, but indeed still alive. By process of elimination they were able to find Jenna’s house. Once Salvation discovered Rogue was inside, they let loose an all out assault on the building. However Rogue was able to escape, while Jenna was not so lucky, being crucified on top of her own home. Escaping into the forest near the home, Rogue was captured by Shadow Demon, who she mistakenly assumed was not under Salvation’s control.

After being subdued by SD, she was taken to the Church of Salvation where she was to be executed. However, due to a distraction Rogue was able to take a desperate shot at escape by throwing herself through the stained glass window of the Church and plunging to the street below. Fortunately she was caught by a man on a motorcycle. Over the following chase, the man was identified as Shadow Demon’s estranged brother, Lucifer Angel. Shadow Demon and Salvation were eventually able to catch Lucifer and Rogue, and bring them back to the Church. Unfortunately this clashed with an NLWF event of high importance, so Corey Casey ordered Lucifer and Rogue to be imprisoned within the walls of the Salvation prison. However, Rogue was able to plant a wedding picture inside the Church before being locked up in hope that Shadow would find it. Shadow did find it, and the image was enough to break his mind from the strong grip of Salvation. He was then able to rescue Rogue and Lucifer from prison without alerting any guards.

The trio attempted to flee the City via employing disguises and boarding a train that was heading out of the City. Unfortunately a spy on the train in the form of a ticket collector relayed information to Corey Casey about three passengers who appeared suspicious. Corey Casey was able to put two and two together, so he devised a plan to kill Shadow Demon. He would take control of Lucifer Angel, and then use him to derail the train, guaranteeing the death of all three of them. However Lucifer Angel killed the ticket collector, not knowing that he was on their side. Now the finale to the Going Rogue series – The Last Laugh.

CH.1: Going Rogue: The Last Laugh (Finale)

Shadow Demon
Aw come on bro, what the heck are you doing?!

Shadow yelled at Lucifer, who had just shot the ticket collector. Lucifer didn’t reply, so Shadow started to move towards him, past the strangely unconcerned onlookers. Despite the fact that he was holding his wife hostage, he theorized that he wouldn’t shoot Rogue now. What did he have to gain? He obviously wanted something from Shadow, so he wouldn’t get rid of his leverage that fast.

However as he moved forward he noticed something come rolling towards him along the ground. It was a black earpiece, connected to a small microphone, like the ones that movie stars and talk show hosts wear. He stopped it with his foot, and picked it up. It had to have come from the ticket collector...he must have been the spy all along! He wondered if it still worked. Keeping an eye on Lucifer, he put the earpiece into his ear and held the tiny microphone up to his mouth.

Shadow Demon
CEE CEE, IZ DAT U?!?! Razz

Static was all he could hear, so he was about to pull the earpiece out when a familiar voice filled his head.

Corey Casey
Well if it isn’t the ever present thorn in my side, how are you Shadow? Feeling like the walls are slowly closing in?

He was right! Before he could reply, he saw Lucifer move through the door of the next carriage. He spoke to Corey as he followed.

Shadow Demon
I wouldn’t know what you’re talkin about dummy! Everything here is just...peachy!

Corey Casey
Oh, so you have no concerns as to why your little pal is acting so weird?

Corey’s manic laughter was so loud Shadow was tempted to crush the earpiece right there and then. But he couldn’t, he had to find out as much as he can.

Shadow Demon
Well gosh darn if ya aren’t controlling him, how’re ya doing that though?! You had to beat the tar outta me and nearly kill Roguey to get it working on me, how does it work so easily and from a distance on my bro?

Corey Casey
Do you even know anything about your own brother? Pathetic clown. If you actually knew your own flesh and blood, you would know that he has a deep resentment towards you. He resents that you have been so successful in your life, while he has achieved nothing in his. Since these feelings were so strong, it was easily to get into his head and manipulate them so that he becomes hostile towards you.

What? Resentment? Surely not, Lucifer had been nothing but cool with him since he met him at the prison. But still, thought he hated to admit, Corey had a point. He didn’t know his brother that well, not that he’d had any time to, but nonetheless it was possible Lucifer had a hidden resentment he didn’t know about. But there was no time to worry about that now, he had to find out what Salvation’s plan was now that he knew Corey was onto them.

Shadow Demon
Well looks like ya got us in a bit of a pickle CEE CEE! I bet ya have some kinda big bad master plan ya wanna shock me with, so go on, knock me out!

Corey Casey
I bet you’d like that, wouldn’t you clown. See this time, there is no “Master plan” Shadow. The fact is you’re going to die and there’s nothing you, or anyone else can do about it. From one killer to another, I’ll see you in hell.

With that, the line went dead. Shadow didn’t have a clue what Corey meant, but the fact that they were on this train pretty much sealed their fate. He had to get Rogue and escape, NOW. For the moment he had kept a safe distance from Lucifer, but decided now he had no choice. He had to get to her. He began to run towards Lucifer who, as he was clutching Rogue, was making his way into the final carriage before the driver’s compartment. He began to run as fast as he could, preparing to make a lunge at Lucifer. At that moment Lucifer looked back and saw him running. Without hesitating he aimed his gun at Shadow and fired.

Rogue
SHADOW, NO!

Shadow let out a scream of pain and crumpled to the ground. Had Lucifer’s aim not been off, the bullet would have entered Shadow’s head, but instead it pierced his shoulder. Shadow could feel nothing but searing hot pain radiating up his arm, and hear nothing but screeching and blanketing white noise He pulled his hand away to see it completely covered in blood. Everything felt like it was moving in slow-motion. He looked back at the unforgiving eyes at Lucifer, and then at the worried and desperate eyes of his wife, Rogue. He saw the tears running down her cheeks, he could see her screaming, valiantly clawing at Lucifer, trying to make her way to him. He could see Lucifer restraining her, smacking the butt of his gun against her head. He saw Rogue go limp in Lucifer’s arms, and then his smile, his sick, evil smile. Then he heard Lucifer’s words, the first thing he had been able to hear since being shot.

Lucifer Angel
Thanks for the ride, bro. It’s been fun. Also, I don’t need your dumb bitch wife anymore.

Shadow felt a body crash into his, causing the pain in his shoulder to become even more intense. He squirmed around on the floor, before turning to face Rogue. She was still breathing, but clearly unconscious, her eyes lost in a sea of haze. Thank God. If she was dead he would have just given up, but finding that she was still alive gave him the strength to fight off the cobwebs now clouding his vision. Managing with what he could, he looked back over at Lucifer, who had just pulled open the door to the main engine room of the train. No one tried to stop him, why would they when it was clear he was doing this all for Salvation? It was all up to him, he had to stop Lucifer, if he went into that engine room it was certainly the end for them.

Shadow Demon
STOP! Come on bro...ya can’t turn on good ol’ ESS DEE! Your...your brother...

It took every inch of his will to even speak. However, he was successful in catching Lucifer’s attention. Lucifer stopped, and instead of walking into the engine room, walked over to Shadow.

Lucifer Angel
I’ll tell you what, you pathetic clown, I can. I can do whatever the hell I want because The Lord tells me I can. He has given me freedom. No longer do I have to live in your shadow!

With that, Shadow burst out in crazed, uncontrollable laughter. He rolled around on the floor, stomping his legs on the ground. He couldn’t believe Lucifer had actually just made a pun, there was no way he wasn’t his flesh and blood!

Lucifer Angel
WHAT’S SO FUNNY?!

Lucifer screamed, moving closer to Shadow Demon. Shadow continued to laugh, unable to control himself. Infuriated, Lucifer grabbed Shadow by the neck and laid a massive right hand into his jaw. Shadow recoiled but continued to laugh.

Lucifer Angel
WHY WON’T YOU STOP?!

Another punch landed squarely on the side of Shadow’s face, but Shadow continued to laugh. It was half because he was actually cracked up from that hilarious pun, and half because if he could keep Lucifer distracted, he bought them more time. Also keeping Lucifer angry was good, it made him irrational, it allowed Shadow to toy with his emotions. It made him forget things, made him not see the full picture. So he kept up the laughing, and the punches kept coming.

Lucifer Angel
I AM YOUR GOD, DO NOT LAUGH AT ME

Shadow Demon
Ok, ok!

Shadow spit blood out onto the floor and raised his hand in mock defence. Lucifer relented, but just for the moment, his eyes were still transfixed on Shadow.

Shadow Demon
You wanna know what’s so funny?

Lucifer was about to say something but then the reality dawned on him. It was too late, because by the time he began to lunge at Shadow, Shadow had already shot him three times in the chest. Lucifer fell down next to Shadow, blood pooling around him in a puddle.

Shadow Demon
How I got your freakin gun...

Shadow slowly pushed himself up from the ground. He’d lost a lot of blood and was feeling very dizzy. He tried to make it to his feet. He had to. He knew Corey would find another way to sabotage the train since he would know that Lucifer was dead. He managed to make it up but stumbled and fell onto the lap of one of the passengers. It was a young girl, no older than 10 or 11. He waited for the inevitable shrill scream, but none came.

Girl
Hey, are you ok?

It was as if she wasn’t scared by any of the violence which had just occurred. She was an innocent girl who cared, for some reason, if he was ok. Most people would have pushed him off, frightened or panicked. She didn’t seem to mind, she was just concerned. He looked up at her. Her pale blue eyes were glued on his, as if she was searching them. Her mother pulled her back, closer to her, clearly afraid. But the girl kept her eyes trained on Shadow, it was like she was reaching out to him, telling him everything was going to be ok. She was pushing him to stand up and keep fighting for that woman on the floor behind him barely breathing. Slowly but steadily, he managed to push himself off of the little girl and finally stand again. The pain in his shoulder shot through his arm like a hot knife, but he managed to keep his balance.

He looked at the girl, and gave her a big wide smile.

Shadow Demon
I’m gonna be just fine...don’t you worry!

He tried to laugh but he began coughing violently, until he was on his knees again, spitting blood onto the floor. He shook his head, again fighting the urge to lay down and give up.

No.

Not like this.

He crawled over to Rogue, and took her in his arms. The onlookers just kept their distance, most too afraid to move a muscle. With all the strength he could muster, he pulled Rogue up with him as he stood up.

Shadow Demon
Come on Roguey...we...we gotta get movin...

As soon as he pulled Rogue up, he heard a voice behind him.

???
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

Shadow swung around, coming face to face with a man dressed in a worker’s uniform. He was obviously a member of the train crew, maybe an assistant to the driver. His eyes went wide when he saw the dead body of Lucifer lying on the ground.  He slowly looked back from the dead body on the ground, to the man with the face paint clutching the unmoving girl in front of him, back to the dead body on the floor. He was clearly in shock.

Shadow Demon
Listen to me, I...I don’t care whatcha gotta do, but...you HAVE to stop this train.

The worker stuttered as he spoke.

Worker
I-I-I...um...I

Shadow Demon
JUST DO IT!

Shadow screamed, getting desperate.  The worker jumped back startled. Shadow again felt like he was going to tip over, the blood draining from his body. He fell down on one knee, barely stopping Rogue from crashing down in front of him. He was exhausted and the pain wasn’t helping. It was mainly why he had snapped at the worker. He knew there was no time left, he was practically dead at this point. But if he gave up, not likely was it that he would die, but everyone else on this train would be doomed too.

Shadow Demon
Sorry, sorry, that was no laughing matter just now...I just need you to stop the train pal, because if you don’t, we’re all gonna end up toast, just like my poor bro.

Shadow nodded over to the body on the ground.

Worker
You...You killed your own brother?

Shadow Demon
You see, it’s things like that which a powerful group can force you to do. Salvation took control of my own bro, and tried to make him derail this train. That’s why he was bangin’ on your door over there, he was trying to get in so he could make us all deadsies.

There was now mumbling amongst the onlookers, who had been stuck in a shocked stupor since Lucifer pulled his gun. Shadow turned around and looked back at the passengers.

Shadow Demon
I know...I know ...I’m just a clown, why should you, you know, care? See this, this here is my wife. Corey Casey, who I’m sure ya all know, he tortured her to near death to convert me to Salvation. He broke me down and made me hate my own wife...made me hunt her down after they found out she was still alive...

He hoped more people were paying attention to him now that he was being serious, and that they weren’t just taking him as some lunatic clown anymore. He continued to speak, the anger rising in his voice.

Shadow Demon
They killed the kind lady who nursed her back to health...they crucified her...that random act of kindness cost that woman her life. I managed to break away from their control, but they ain’t gonna stop until they’ve got us, by any means necessary.

Shadow swallowed as the pain in his shoulder continued to mount, and time continued to slowly, slowly, run out.

Shadow Demon
So I need ya all to help me, because this isn’t just about me and Roguey here, this is about each and every one of you. Ya gotta trust me when I tell ya, if we don’t stop this train, we will all die.

Shadow turned and looked back at the worker, who hadn’t moved since he started talking.

Shadow Demon
So please...stop the train buddy.

There was a moment of silence as the worker seemed to be making up his mind, before there was a shout from within the crowd of passengers.

Woman
Do it.

Shadow looked over at the source of the voice. It was the mother of the girl he had fallen onto before. She was standing up, and all eyes including his were focused on her now.

Woman
He may have just saved our lives, and if what he’s saying is true all he’s trying to do now is save us again. I think we owe him, and the least we can do is stop the train.

Shadow looked back at the worker.

Worker
Ok I’ll do it. But what do we do after we stop the train?

Shadow Demon
They won’t care about any of you peeps, they’re just trying to kill us. Don’t worry your little heads, we’ll make a quick getaway and you’ll, you know, never even know we were here!

The worker nodded and quickly returned to the driver’s room from where he came. Shadow sighed in relief, they had done it, the worker would stop the train, and he knew that somehow, some way, they would make it out of the train, and find a way out of this forsaken City. As he was deep in thought, the woman who had stood up for him approached him.

Woman
Do you need me to hold her?

Shadow frowned, confused as to why the woman was helping him so much when all he had done was get some blood on her daughter.

Shadow Demon
You...you’re sure?

Woman
It’s the least I can do

Shadow moved Rogue into the arms of the woman, who held her tightly.

Woman
Please, take my seat.

Shadow, exhausted, slumped into the woman’s seat, next to her daughter.

Woman
Does anyone know first aid?

Yelled the woman as she laid Rogue down on a row of seats which a group of passengers had just vacated. An older man hurried over to Shadow’s side, and began assessing his wound. At the same time another group began checking on Rogue’s vital signs. Shadow was confused, why were these people being so kind to them? They were just two outlaws desperate to escape the City, and above all they looked like clowns! They had just seen him kill a man...but they still wanted to help...what...what was this...

Shadow felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, and quickly jerked it out.

Man
Woah, Woah, it’s ok buddy. I just bandaged it up.

Shadow nodded, and rested his head back on the seat. The train was beginning to slow down now. Surely they would be safe...he had done everything possible. He just...just needed to sleep for a second. Rest his eyes for a bit. He looked over to Rogue lying down on the seat, still unconscious, people crowded around her. All he wanted was to be with her, he wanted her to live, he wanted to run away and live together with her for the rest of his life. He loved her with all his heart, and she’d brought him back from the brink with a single gesture, a single photo. Them after their wedding, the happiest he’d ever been. And with that thought, he slipped into unconsciousness; everything turning to black.

-Earlier-

Corey Casey
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

Corey Casey screamed, smashing his fist onto his wooden desk. He didn’t understand. He had been controlling Lucifer to perfection, contorting his emotions to breaking point. But somehow, someway, Shadow had managed to get the gun out of Lucifer’s hand. And just like that, he was dead. Corey shook his head in disgust, so frustrated he was almost foaming at the mouth. After everything he had gone through, perfectly countering each of Shadow’s moves, he was AGAIN on the defensive. There Shadow and his precious little wife were, heading out of the City of Salvation, and again he was forced to come up with another way to stop them...

Salvation Follower
My Lord, we’ve received information that-

Corey Casey
I know, I KNOW, I KNOW!

Corey shouted, running his hands through his messy hair. He turned his back on his follower and stared out the stain-glass window, long since broken by Rogue’s escape.

Corey Casey
I thought I would put an end to this right there and then, but I went for too big of a gamble. I had to trust that I could maintain control of Lucifer, and I did but...he got too out of hand.

Corey muttered to himself, shaking his head.

Salvation Follower
Actually my Lord, what I came to tell you is that we have come up with another plan. Well, in fact, we always had a second plan...a backup of sorts.

Corey whipped around to face the follower, genuinely shocked.

Corey Casey
We did?

Salvation Follower
Corey, you aren’t the only one who wants this laughable excuse for a human being to be put out of his misery. He has betrayed Salvation in such an obscene way that allowing him to live would be simply unacceptable. And, not taking anything away from your methods my Lord, but having tried to take the Demon down all by yourself has no doubt been exhausting you.

Corey Casey stared angrily at the follower.

Corey Casey
What are you trying to say?!

Salvation Follower
I did not mean it as an insult, my Lord. Every step you have taken is exactly what I, or any other of the followers, would have done. However during this last ploy, we decided to create a backup plan, in case the cowardly clown was somehow again able to escape us. This plan is foolproof as it required the first plan to fail in order for it to work. There is no way they will live through this. I promise you, my Lord.

Corey Casey
How can you be so sure? What is this plan you have?

The follower reached into his pocket and pulled out a map. He unravelled it, and held it up to Corey, pointing as he talked.

Salvation Follower
Here is the line which the train the clown and his wife are currently on is travelling down. It connects here at this junction, and then follows this line out. The plan is to divert a train that would normally not go down the junction, so that it collides with the train he is on. The clown’s train will go through a tunnel before the junction so he’ll never see the other train coming.

Corey, after taking his time to analyse the diagram for himself, nodded.

Corey Casey
Ok, but if this fails, then you and every other follower who came up with this plan will be tortured within an inch of your life...do you understand?

The Follower bowed.

Salvation Follower
I understand...my lord.

The City of Salvation boasts an intricate set of train lines, criss-crossing and zig-zagging around one another. On the surface everything appeared normal. The trains ran according to their timetables – on time and prompt. However if one were to look deeper they would see the trains were manipulated by Salvation to their liking. They could add a new stop to the system or completely cut out one. They could also control which lines the trains went on, and where they would change tracks. So it was a simple task for the Salvation followers to alter where the course of the  civilian train travelling perpendicular to the train Shadow Demon and Rogue were on. The followers simply changed the junction from which the train would turn on. Of course, they kept the driver in the dark about exactly what he would be turning into.

“Ok, so you want me to turn at 3A instead of 3B?”

The driver said into his mouthpiece, which provided him contact with the Church of Salvation.

Salvation Follower
The Lord commands it, the other train is running behind schedule, so just to speed up your trip we’re gonna make you change lines at a junction earlier.

Driver
Understood.

The driver hung up on the conversation, and began to guide his train to the left.

Rogue could see a bright light. She was floating in a sea of darkness, but she could see a light. It was bearing down on her, almost begging her to do what little she could to direct herself towards it. Going into the light felt like the right thing to do but...something was in the way. It was the bloodied face of her husband, his normally white face spattered with blood and dirt. Suddenly she realised how badly he was beaten. The face didn’t even resemble her husband.

Rogue
I’m so sorry Shadow...I love you so much...I never wanted you to get hurt...

She slowly raised a hand and touched his cheek. And in that moment the light encircled them, and a sea of voices became muttering.

“I think she’s awake...”

“...Are you sure?”

“Wait she’s moving!”

Rogue blinked her eyes, and realised that, though she indeed was resting her hand on her husband’s cheek, the darkness was gone – replaced with a group of people milling around them. However they didn’t matter to her, she had to make sure if Shadow was alive.

Rogue
S-Shadow...are you ok?

She frantically checked for signs of life, trying to see if she could hear his breathing or find a pulse. As she was checking, she noticed the bandage on his shoulder. Her eyes began to well up, fearing the worse.

Rogue
What happened to him?!

The man who had bandaged Shadow’s bullet wound was the first to speak.

Man
He was shot by the other scary-looking guy, but managed to take him out. He’s unconscious now but we’re stopping the train soon so we should be able to get him to the hospital.

Rogue sighed in relief, as she looked over at the bloody body of Lucifer Angel.

Rogue
And you...you people are helping us?

Woman
He saved our lives, it was the least we could do for you two.

Rogue nodded, and rested her head on Shadow’s.

Rogue
Thank you, all of you.

The man nodded.

Man
You’re welcome, we’re gonna stop at this junction just up past this tunnel, we should be able to get you guys to a hospital after that.

Rogue
Great, I can’t thank you enough.

Rogue turned back to Shadow and stroked the side of his face.

Rogue
It’ll all be over soon, I promise.

The background noise of the train was soon replaced by the loud whooshing sound of the tunnel as they passed into blackness. The train was gradually slowing down, the time in the tunnel feel like an eternity. Rogue’s stomach turned. For some reason she suddenly felt unsettled, as if something wasn’t quite right. She looked ahead at the approaching light, the end of the tunnel. Why did it seem so daunting? She shook her head and laughed – after everything they’d been through there was no need for her to get worked up about a simple “bad feeling”. She softly kissed Shadow’s forehead.

Rogue
We’re almost there.

And then, in a split second, Rogue’s world was turned-upside down. Screeching metal, accompanied by the screams of those around her, filled her ears. She felt her body lift slightly off the ground, as the side of the train caved in. Rogue barely had a chance to scream as the entire train tilted quickly and violently to the left, leaving the tracks completely. Rogue was thrown like a ragdoll into the left side of the train, the cold steel completely unforgiving to her tender flesh. She flinched in pain, as Shadow’s body thrown into hers, landing with a resounding “smack!”. His body was followed a number of others, as all the passengers were jolted to the left by the sudden collision. The other train continued to push the train while it was on its side, pushing it further and further away from the track. Both trains eventually came to rest some meters away from the tracks. The screeches of the passengers and the grinding metal eventually gave way to an unsettling silence.

Blood and twisted metal littered side of the junction, the two trains lying in a t-bone fashion. Several passengers who had only sustained minor injuries staggered out of the rubble. They were confronted by a large crowd looking on at the debris – however a certain group stood out. They were adorned in Salvation colours and their eyes were darting from one place to another.

Corey Casey
Find them- NOW.

Corey Casey barked at his Followers, who nodded and began to quickly search through the rubble for Shadow Demon and Rogue. Corey stood silently, watching and secretly hoping that they had survived the collision, so he would get the satisfaction of killing them himself. A few moments passed, before a follower returned to Corey.

Salvation Follower
My Lord.

Corey Casey
Yes?

Salvation Follower
We’ve found something.

“Man I’m glad that’s over.”

The Salvation Follower said to his passenger as he drove the garbage truck down the road. They were on their way to the Church, where they would be dumping the bodies they had uncovered: one clown, one woman, and one creepy looking guy.

Salvation Follower 2
Me too, I don’t think I’ve ever had to carry out so many tasks for the Lord.

Salvation Follower
At least we’ve got them now, that backup plan went off without a hitch. This clown has been a thorn in the Lord’s side for a long time – eliminating him has been a goal for Salvation for an eternity.

Salvation Follower 2
And he was able to achieve that goal. Our Lord truly has no equal.

Salvation Follower
Amen.

The truck pulled up at the gates, and was ushered through by two guards, who opened the gates quickly. The Follower parked the truck down the side of the Church, next to two large garbage bins. The Follower opened the car door and walked around the side.

Salvation Follower
Alright, you ready?

Salvation Follower 2
Yeah let’s do this.

The two followers grabbed the tarpaulin which had been used to cover the bodies, and pulled it off.

Salvation Follower
What...where are the other two?!

Salvation Follower 2
How did this-

The second Follower didn’t get to finish his sentence, as he was shoved out of the way by Corey Casey.

Corey Casey
Let me see the-WHAT?!

There was only one body in the back of the truck – that of Lucifer Angel. The other two were nowhere to be seen. Corey clenched his fists and gritted his teeth – seething in anger. How could this be possible? He himself had put the bodies under the tarpaulin...there was no way they could have escaped. He had made sure that both of them were dead, they had to be, neither of them had a pulse...how could they have moved?

Corey Casey
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Salvation Follower 2
I uh...I don’t know my-

Corey Casey cocked back and punched the follower directly in the face, causing a stream of blood to spurt out of his nose.

Salvation Follower 2
Ah fuck!

Salvation Follower
My lord, please we can-

Corey swung his other fist backwards, connecting flush on the other follower’s face, knocking him down as well.

Salvation Follower
AHHH!

As the follower crumpled, Corey turned back to the body of Lucifer Angel and began searching, as if Shadow and Rogue could be hiding in there.

Corey Casey
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLY, YOU INGRATES FUCKED UP AGAIN!

Corey screamed, pounding the steel. He continued to punch the car in frustration before he noticed that Lucifer was in fact, holding something in his hand. It was half hidden by his clenched hand but there was definitely something in there. He quickly pried open Lucifer’s hand, revealing the back of what looked like a playing card.

Corey Casey
...What?

Corey snatched the card out of Lucifer’s hand and turned it around.

It was a Joker, with some words on it that had been painted in blood.

“SOZZY CEE CEE, LOOKS LIKE I GET THE LAST LAUGH ON THIS ONE!”

Corey’s blood boiled and he tore the card apart.

Corey Casey
NO! FUCK YOU SHADOW YOU FUCKING CLOWN!!

CH.2: The Past, The Present, and The Future

From there, the rest of the road was smooth for Shadow and Rogue. After managing to escape from Corey’s clutches, they returned to New York and were both treated for their injuries at a hospital. Both made full recoveries and Shadow went on to face Corey at War Games 2 as part of a Four-way elimination match for the Undisputed title. He was able to defeat Corey and regain his title, though his title reign lasted only a little under a month when Corey won it back at King of the Throne. It would not be until Shadow retuned to wrestling at IWF when they would face off again, this time at Heroes Also Die in a Double Cage Horror match. Despite losing he managed to avoid Corey seizing control of IWF, giving his share to Jason Hawk. Shadow faced Johnny Styles, the Strike Back Kid at From The Ashes which re-ignited an old rivalry. He defeated SBK in what would turn out to be his last match, with long-standing injuries after a lifetime of wrestling wearing him down. Eventually, he decided that it was time to retire from wrestling.

-After IWF Fallout: September 26th, 2011-

Shadow Demon took a deep breath and looked at the door of the room he was standing outside. The sign on top of the door read “Part-Owner of Insurgency Wrestling Federation and Sex God: Chuck Matthews”. Shadow grinned and shook his head, before knocking on the door.

“Come in!”

Shadow opened the door and stepped inside Chuck’s lavish office. Almost every space on the room’s four walls was taken up by pictures of Chuck. The pictures seemed to fit into three categories: Chuck self-portrait, Chuck with world championship, and Chuck with hot women. “Classic Chuck,” Shadow thought.

Chuck Matthews
ESS DEE! Where’ve you been?! We needed you for Fallout you clown!

Shadow Demon
Uh, yeah, sorry Chucklensake ol’ buddy, I just didn’t want you lads to know about my, uh, injuries...

Chuck frowned.

Chuck Matthews
You got injuries? Why didn’t you just tell us? You can take time off, we just need some warning!

Shadow Demon
Yeah and I’m real soz I didn’t come speak to you guys but, ya see, it looks like I will have to take time off...

Chuck Matthew
Pfft, no problem, go back to Australia, get some roo into you and come back better than ever!

Shadow took a deep breath and then let it go. He looked at Chuck straight in the eye, wanting to show he was being completely honest.

Shadow Demon
Well turns out that this time off I’m taking, it’s gonna have to be sorta...permanent.

Chuck’s eyes widened.

Chuck Matthews
You’re retiring? Like, now?

Shadow Demon
I’m afraid so pal. Look, uh this isn’t easy. You know I love this business, but I’ve been doin this for about three years now and my style of fighting – it’s been wearing my body down over time. I probably should’ve let you  guys know earlier but like I said I love wrestling and I didn’t want to stop. But, uh, here we are.

Chuck Matthews
Wow...with you retiring me and Death Angel are gonna be the only NLWF originals left in this dump.

Shadow Demon
Heh heh, weird right? But anyway I’m not much for sappy speeches but uh, thanks for giving me a chance in this new promotion, and even letting me play general manager for a while. It’s been a pleasure Chuckles.

Chuck Matthews
No worries, I’m not much for that sappy shit either but it’s been great watching you compete and competing against you. You always tried your hardest in the ring so I can respect that. You got it in you for a Hall of Fame show? One last match possibly?

Shadow laughed and shook his head.

Shadow Demon
Sorry Chucky, I don’t think I could do that. Besides...I haven’t done enough in this promotion to warrant a Hall of Fame induction. I’ll say goodbye to all of the guys, but I’m ok without one.

Chuck nodded and extended his hand.

Chuck Matthews
All the best Shadow. Maybe I’ll see you in the future.

Shadow took it and shook it firmly.

Shadow Demon
Maybe. All the best to you too bud.

And, just like that, Shadow’s career not only as a member of the IWF roster but as a wrestler in general was over. He retired back to Australia with Rogue and used his wild imagination to make it as a best-selling author. Shadow and Rogue started a family with the arrival of their first child – a baby girl named Emma. Emma’s birth signalled the true beginning of Shadow’s adult life, and as a result he dropped the face-paint and the exuberant clown character in order to focus on raising his daughter right. It paid off for him, as Emma grew up to be a beautiful and well-mannered girl – though still possessing some of her mother’s fiery personality. Shadow still kept in touch with some friends from NLWF/IWF but his biggest connection was one he made with an old pal. One who hadn’t been near the ring in years...

Shadow Demon
Good beer huh?

The Notorious KID
No kidding. Bet you missed it.

Shadow Demon
What can I say, it’s good to be back!

Both men grinned and touched the tops of their beers together before taking another swig. They were sitting on fold-out chairs outside Shadow’s house in the Adelaide Hills. It was late afternoon and the sun was making it’s slow exit, soon to be replaced by the pale moon. The interweaving neighbourhoods stretched out as far as the eye could see, the car horns and quiet chatter of the pedestrians making for a quiet background noise. Shadow had re-connected with KID during Rogue’s pregnancy. He initially hadn’t been sure about how to reach out to his old friend, having not seen him for so long. But working up the courage to make the phone call ended up being one of the best decisions that Shadow had ever made. He hit it off with KID right away and were now back to being great friends.

The Notorious KID
So you’re a big shot author now huh?

Shadow Demon
Yeah I mean we had a lot of, uh, money left over for my career but when Emzy was on the horizon we decided just to be safe I should try and get a job.

The Notorious KID
Why an author then?

Shadow Demon
Well I think the storylines I was involved in during my time as a wrestler kinda gave me some, you know, inspiration. I started off with a biography of my career and then moved into writing fiction stories.

The Notorious KID
Man that’s cool. I’ll have to read your biography. “And then I beat KID...and the next time we fought I beat him...and again...and again.”

Both men laughed.

Shadow Demon
Pfft, come on...it’s not written exactly like that...It provides a much more detailed account of me kicking your ass!

The Notorious KID
Yeah, yeah, ok Mr. “I only try when my title’s on the line.”

Shadow Demon
You got me! Seriously though, I’m pretty sure we were the worst tag team in the history of tag teams.

The Notorious KID
Yeah...we got handed the tag titles and immediately lost them to The Injection. We could never win a TLC match either...

Shadow Demon
Well, I uh, you know, did end up winning one in IWF...

The Notorious KID
You lucky bastard.

Shadow grinned and took a sip of his beer.

Shadow Demon
So what have you been doing with yourself since NLWF?

The Notorious KID
Trying to forget about it.

Shadow laughed.

Shadow Demon
Fair enough.

The Notorious KID
For a while I didn’t know what to do. I just totally wiped wrestling out of my life, I mean I didn’t even know IWF existed until you told me you’d retired from it.

Shadow Demon
Ya jokin!

The Notorious KID
Nah dude, for real. Any time I saw anything wrestling-related all I could think about was...

Shadow Demon
Him.

Shadow’s eyes met with KID’s, who nodded. For a while neither spoke, a hushed silence falling on the friendly banter as they remembered that man who had run NLWF into the ground.

The Notorious KID
After losing to him in that ladder match I just had to get out of there. I just couldn’t take his crap any more.

Shadow Demon
Hey, hey, don’t worry pal, in the end none of us were a fan of that ETA. Besides you beat him on the biggest stage of ‘em all, War Games 2!

The Notorious KID
You know he was injured.

Shadow Demon
Injured sminjured, who gives a rats. You beat him to retain the title, and I won my Undisputed title back. NLWF was a load of crap but that main thing is – we got our moment. And that’s all that matters.

The Notorious KID
I guess you’re right man.

Shadow leant back, let out a loud “HAH!” and slapped KID on the back.

Shadow Demon
I know I’m right buddy.

The Notorious KID
Ouch!

Shadow Demon
Soz Razz

The Notorious KID
But anyway, I haven’t really been doing anything truth be told. I got some desk job in the city, Stacey does hairdressing, we live in a two-person apartment, yadda yadda...

KID motioned in the air with his hand as he trailed off. Shadow was slightly taken aback by this. On the phone KID had sounded upbeat and happy but, as they’d been talking it became more apparent that he wasn’t the same as he used to be. The KID he’d known had been one of the most happy go-lucky people he’d met in his life, even if it was because he was high 90% of the time.

Shadow Demon
You still smoke weed every day?

The Notorious KID
Nah, landlord doesn’t appreciate it. And we have to keep this apartment, we’re only just scraping by. I doubt we’ll be able to afford another one.

Shadow took a moment and thought about what KID had just said to him. He didn’t like the way his friend was going...he seemed unmotivated. He said they needed to keep the apartment but something in his voice told Shadow he didn’t really care if they did. Suddenly it clicked. KID had been ignoring what had always been his main passion in life – wrestling. He’d kept it buried because he was ashamed of the way it had ended. Where Shadow had bowed out honourably in a final match against a rival, KID had been annihilated by Cyrus in a one-sided affair. But it didn’t have to be this way. He had an idea which thought would be perfect for the both of them.

Shadow Demon
Hey, you remember when you, uh, used to help run that independent fed here back in the NLWF days?

KID looked confused by this change in conversation.

The Notorious KID
Yeah what about it?

Shadow’s lips moved into a big, characteristically clown-like grin.

Shadow Demon
Think about it KID. We could do that again. But this time no Cyrus breathing down your neck making sure you do everything right. Just you and I, pooling all our, you know, experience together to create a spring-board for these noob wrestlers who don’t know what they’re doin!

The Notorious KID
Uhh, I don’t know dude...I haven’t been anywhere near a ring in years.

Shadow Demon
Pshh! You were a legend in NLWF, you held your uh, world heavyweight title longer than I held my Undisputed title. You got a wealth of experience KID, I think you’d be denying a lot of rookies some invaluable, uh, experience.

The Notorious KID
Well I guess it’d be good to get back in the ring without having to worry about getting injured or anything...

Shadow Demon
That’s the spirit bud! Listen, I’ll get the idea down on paper tonight and then message you my ideas, we can work out the, you know, details from there. But I definitely think we can make this happen.

The Notorious KID
Shadow if we do this I won’t be able to chip in that much money. I’ll put in what I can but-

Shadow Demon
Hey, hey, don’t worry about money. I’ll have that covered. Believe me, this fed is gonna make us a whole lotta cash, I promise ya!

The Notorious KID
Well...fuck it, I’m in!

Shadow Demon
FUCK YEAH!

The Notorious KID
FUCK YEAH!

Both men laughed, and finished off their beers. Suddenly Rogue’s voice came from the direction of the house.

Rogue
Hey guys, dinner’s ready!

Shadow and KID stood up and walked inside. As soon as they entered the lounge, Emma bounded over to them.

Emma
Hi daddy!

Shadow Demon
Why hello there my little princess, do you know who this is?

Shadow pointed to KID. Emma shook her head from side-to-side in response.

Shadow Demon
Well he’s one of daddy’s bestest friends, you can,  call him, uh KID.

Emma
Hi KID!

Emma beamed at KID as she waved.

The Notorious KID
Nice to meet you Emma!

Rogue
Ok you lot, time for tea.

KID, Shadow, Rogue and Emma sat down to have dinner. Over dinner, Shadow mentioned his and KID’s intentions to build a new independent fed in Adelaide, of which Rogue approved and agreed to help out with anyway she could. Soon Australian Championship Wrestling (ACW for short) was up and running, with Shadow and KID using their combined experience in NLWF and (in Shadow’s case) IWF to train budding young Australian wrestlers.  KID’s attitude towards the state of his life improved drastically a little over a month into running the fed. He became much more enthusiastic and jumped at any opportunity to get in the ring. ACW eventually became one of the biggest independent feds in South Australia, with its events attracting large numbers of wrestling fans. Shadow and KID often did signings and sold merchandise to help finance the joint. And not only did their federation grow in stature but so did their friendship. Having once been estranged from one another, they soon became just as close as they had been when they wrestled in NLWF.

As running the fed became more routine, Shadow often day dreamed of his little daughter growing up to become a wrestler. Though he knew the odds weren’t good, he dared to dream because Rogue wasn’t keen on having another kid for at least a few years, if she ever wanted to have another one at all. Not that he could blame her; not even competing inside the Triple Cage at Dangerous by Design could have prepared him for the bloodbath that was the “miracle of birth”. He didn’t like to admit it but he was so into the idea of Emma becoming a wrestler that he’d created a list of suitable gimmicks for her in one of his notepads. He kept this hidden from his wife, in fear of being scolded for pigeonholing their daughter. He couldn’t help it though, Emma was the future, and he was the past. Not that he was going anywhere any time soon, but his time in the business in terms of actual wrestling? It was sad to admit, but it was over.

One night, when Shadow was mulling these thoughts over, he was putting Emma to bed. She’d exhausted herself after a long day of playing with the neighbour’s kids (their parents had brought them over for a play date, and to get to know their neighbours better) and was ready for bed. He’d actually had to pick up off the floor and take her to her room. As Shadow laid her down into the cot, he paused for a second, looking at the face of his daughter, listening to her quiet breaths as she began to drift off to sleep. He smiled to himself, then leant down and kissed her softly on the forehead.

Shadow Demon
Goodnight, princess.

Emma yawned, and then quietly responded before closing her eyes.

Emma
Goodnight, daddy.

Shadow smiled as his daughter drifted off to sleep. Then he walked out of her room, softly closing the door behind him, and headed over to the room he shared with Rogue. Rogue was already in bed reading, so he quickly stripped down to his boxers and hopped under the covers.

Rogue
How is she?

Shadow Demon
Sleeping, you know, soundly.

Rogue
Aw, thanks for putting her to bed babe.

Shadow Demon
No worries snochums!

Shadow let out a loud yawn, and Rogue followed suit seconds later. It was a Sunday night, and they both had to get up early to go to work, not to mention taking Emma to kindergarten.

Rogue
I feel like we’re getting old.

Shadow Demon
Well it’s scientifically proven that the, uh, wrestling business makes ya age twice as fast!

Rogue
Feels like only yesterday I got the shit kicked outta me by KID for your lazy ass.

Shadow Demon
Hey I needed a world title orright!

Rogue laughed and then softened.

Rogue
Babe, I feel like I’m about to say something really corny and I may slightly hate myself for saying it.

Shadow Demon
Ay ay, it’s ok. I can handle this. I am ready. I am PRIMED!

Rogue giggled and shook her head.

Rogue
Ok, ok, here goes...I just wanted to say that I’m proud of you for being able to give up wrestling the way you did. You knew your body couldn’t take any more punishment and you bowed out at the right time. And since that time, even with ACW and everything, you haven’t once told me that you wanted to go back. Because I think that we can both agree that going back wouldn’t be the best...I love you Shadow, and I don’t want you to try and go back and get hurt and...

Rogue trailed off, as if not knowing what to say yet. Shadow laughed and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her forehead.

Shadow Demon
Aww Roguey, you know I’d never go back. I mean, uh, don’t get me wrong, I do love a good wrestle but you know I’m basically an old fart now!

Shadow laughed manically, and he could hear Rogue start to giggle as well.

Rogue
You’re such a loser. But that’s why I love you.

Shadow Demon
I love ya too, pumpkin.

Rogue lifted her head and looked into Shadow’s eyes, and then kissed him on the lips.

Shadow Demon
And you know, I’d uh, never do anything to harm myself, especially not now that I’ve got a daughter to take care of.

Rogue
I know you wouldn’t.

For a while they just sat there, Rogue wrapped up in Shadow’s embrace. Gradually their eyelids began to droop, and fell into a deep sleep.

It was during this sleep that Shadow had a strange, but oddly compelling dream. He was standing in total darkness, but there appeared to be no physical barriers to him. The darkness seemed endless. He walked forward three paces, before knocking into what felt like a wall.

Shadow Demon
Owwie!

He felt the invisible wall with his hands. He tried to push it forwards to no avail.

Shadow Demon
Huh.

He tried running sideways, and was not halted by and kind of invisible wall – but as soon as he tried to go forwards he was blocked.

Shadow Demon
Well this stinks.

Suddenly, the invisible wall came to life. It was like one big, long, never-ending movie screen.

Shadow Demon
Hey, where’s my seat and some popcorn?!

At that very moment a seat appeared behind Shadow Demon, and some unknown force threw him back into it. At the same time a large box of popcorn seemingly fell from the sky and landed between Shadow’s legs, some of it spilling over onto the floor.

Shadow Demon
Woo! Now we’re talkin!

Shadow took a big handful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth. He turned his attention to the big screen in front of him and lurched back in shock as he saw...himself, a long time ago, making an entrance.

Shadow Demon
Woah woah woah wait a second...is this Direct Hit? Holy crap that’s me and-and-and HAVOC! ITS MY DEBUT!

Shadow looked on as he and Havoc climbed into the ring, facing off against the New Design – Cyber Punk and Johnny Stylez.

Shadow Demon
Oh geeze look at how, uh, nervous I am. I’m so green. Ugh stop this, I can’t bare to watch! Can we just get to the part where I beat Stylez one-on-one?!

The video on the screen instantly fast-forwards through the match, and resumes at the climax of the stretcher match between Shadow and Stylez.

Shadow Demon
AHA!! Now this is more like it!

Shadow grins as he watches himself steal the victory over Stylez.

Shadow Demon
Woohoo!

For the next hour, Shadow watched on keenly as the video moved through the highs and lows of his career. It went from his choke losses against Havoc and Brenton Cyrus, to his crowning moment at Se7en Sins when he captured the Undisputed Championship over KID. His title defences against KID, Aaron O’Shea, Cyrus and seven others inside the Triple Cage. Finally losing his title to Steven Angel and being taken hostage by Salvation. His return at Battle Lines and then taking his revenge on Corey by defeating him, O’Shea and JHawk at War Games 2. It moved to the end of WG2, showing him and Nick Ridicule hoisting KID on their shoulders. Each of them was holding their respective title aloft while being showered with confetti. As he watched this with a big grin on his face, he heard his own voice echoing in the darkness.

“We got our moment. And that’s all that matters.”

With that, the video on the screen shut off, and he was left in the darkness alone. Smiling to himself as he thought about those words, Shadow brushed the crumbs off of his pants and stood up. He looked around, wondering just how he was going to get out of this place. As if to answer his question, a loud screeching sound echoed from behind him. Shadow whipped around and immediately covered his eyes as light was streaming into the room. As his vision adjusted, he noticed that a door had been opened, and the light was coming through the doorway. He rubbed his eyes and realised that someone was holding the door opened. It was his daughter.

Emma
Come on daddy, you can’t stay here forever!

Shadow chuckled and looked back one last time at the video screen.

Shadow Demon
Yeah...I know.

Emma
We gotta go!

Shadow Demon
Alrighty, come ‘ere squirt.

Shadow walked over to Emma. Emma stuck out her hand, and Shadow took it in his.

Shadow Demon
Ready?

Emma
Yeah!

And with that, they walked out of the room and into the light. As they walked further and further away their footsteps grew more and more distant. Slowly but surely Shadow and Emma disappeared into the light, leaving only faint shadows – until they too, faded into the brilliant white light.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: The Lord...Helps Jackky Dane   Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:38 pm

South Boston, Massachusetts
Date: Unknown

She was gone…

I sigh, taking another long pull from the increasingly empty bottle of Jack Daniels that I held clutched in my grasp. In the background, Raylyn’s piercing cries break through the dark hurricane in my mind. Raylyn…I had almost forgot about her. During the divorce proceedings, through some sort of legal loop hole, the judge had decided to let Jess keep Gavin and relinquish Raylyn to me. I chuckle coldly

Corey Casey
A depressed, empty, insane man to raise a child…

The thought seemed almost comical to me. I still had no idea how the hell the courts had seen fit to leave a child in my care.

“You do realize she’s killed you, correct?”

His voice echoes through the haze that clouded my mind, piercing it like a bolt from the blue and sending a chill down my spine. His voice…he couldn’t possibly be back…he was dead…gone…I had personally seen to it that he was gone forever.

Corey Casey
No…this can’t be happening

“Oh but it is, my old friend…”

I feel my world begin to spin as a cloud of black smoke suddenly begins to seep up through the floor boards. Raylyn’s crying begins to intensify, echoing from all around, adding a surreal soundtrack to the nightmare that was unfolding. Suddenly the dull “thud” of the Jack Daniels bottle hitting the floor sounds, though I don’t remember dropping it. I fall down to my knees, hard, but the pain of my knees suddenly bearing the brunt of my entire bodyweight begin slammed down on the cold hard wood floors doesn’t register.

I begin to violently nod my head “no” over and over again, feeling my stomach tighten up into a knot…a knot that might as well have been made from concrete…

Corey Casey
Pull it together…this isn’t real…remember what the doctors said…

A cold, cruel, wicked laugh softly echoes out of the growing black cloud of smoke. The cloud its self begins to grow in density, the smoke whirling around lazily in circles, like a black tornado.

“She was a doctor…the one who held us apart…the one who kept us from being together as one...”

Jess’ face flashes before my eyes and a pang of physical pain causes me to lose my breath for a moment. Jess…the only one who understood me…who loved me, even though she knew that there was a monster brewing inside of me…the only one who could look my in my eyes and tell me that everything would be ok and that I wasn’t a lost cause…the only one who would never ever give up on me…

The evil and twisted voice echoes out of the black cloud once more

“Never ever give up on you? Are you serious? She threw you out like yesterday’s garbage…cast you out into this cold, cruel world without even a second thought. She cost you everything that you hold dear…she is the reason why you have been reduced to a crying, drunken, sniveling mess…a shell of the once proud champion you used to be…”

The cloud thickens and slowly begins to take on the shape of a human male. I continue to thrash about on the floor, pleading softly, whimpering in pain that was physical, mental and emotional. This couldn’t be happening…not again…he couldn’t be back…

Corey Casey
You’re not real

I whisper again softly, causing a jeering laugh to come from the black smoke.

“If I’m not real…then how come we are talking?”

The black smoke solidifies under a nightmareishly familiar form. His eyes were pure white, with not even a trace of color to be seen except for the occasional bloodshot line. His long, blonde and black dreadlocks fell down around his shoulders like a polluted river. His scruffy beard was peppered with hints of white hair, a sign that he had aged since I had seen him last. He was wearing a black, backless straight jacket that had dark crimson blood stains on it on his upper body and a pair of jeans and worn Timberland work boots on his lower body.

The man walks over to me and squats down. He reaches out, extending his hand to attempt to grab me by the jaw. I continue to back pedal…I had to get away from him…I had to find my phone…I had to call her, only she could stop the monster from regaining control once more…she was the key…Jess…

“Go ahead…call her”

The man walks over to my bedside nightstand and grabs my cell phone. He picks it up and tosses it over to me. The phone lands with a “thump” inches from my grasp. I look down at the phone then up at the man, my eyes darting back and forth between the two for a moment. My mind races, this had to be a trap…he had to be tricking me, this was a set up…he wanted to wait until I called her then he was planning on…

A bemused smirk appears on his face as he watches me, laughing at the thoughts as they raced through my…our…head

“What? I’m planning on what? Announcing to Jess that she has murdered you and that I plan on taking control once more? What good would that do us, my dear friend? In what universe would that possibly benefit me?”

The man releases a short, barking laugh that causes me to almost throw up in fear all over the floor

“No…I don’t have a plan…I just know what’s going to happen next…”

My fingers begin to dial her number reflexively…I would make him pay for his insolence and over confidence. She would pick up, she had to pick up…

The phone rings once…

“I can see it now…she is lying in bed, watching TV, Gavin curled up in the nook of her shoulder. Her phone softly vibrates…”

…twice…

“…she looks down and sees that it’s you calling her at 2 in the morning, 2 days after your divorce is finalized…”

…three times…

“…she’s guessing you’re probably drunk, but what else is new? Normally she’d pick up, but she tells herself she has to be strong…”

…four times…I feel my heart begin slam in my chest and everything begins to spin as I slowly slump to the floor, the phone still clutched in my hand…I plead softly to the phone

Corey Casey
Please, Jess…pick up…

…five times…

“…she shakes her head no, telling herself she needs to move on. She can’t be your crutch anymore. She is tired of being the one to have to hold you here, tired to being the one to always be up late at night worrying that her husband, the supposed love of her life, might actually be hearing voices and seeing things once more. She’s terrified that one day she might not wake up in the morning because the monster took back her husband at night and he murdered her in her sleep…”

…six times…

Voicemail
Hello, you’ve reached the voicemail of Jessica Matthews. Please leave your name and number after the tone. Have a good day!

The man walks over to me and reaches out, extending two fingers. He slowly presses his two fingers against my eye lids, helping them to close as I slump all the way down to the floor and my world is consumed by darkness. My last conscious thought, my last act of resistance is to whisper into the phone, with the last of my strength…

Corey Casey
Jess…help…he’s back…

I slip into the void of eternal darkness, losing myself to the pain and agony that was left by Jess leaving me and the nightmare that I thought I had moved on from almost two years ago…

+++++++++
+++++++++

We stand up slowly, testing out our new strength. We laugh coldly as we open and close our hands, feeling the strength returning to us.

The Lord
Yes…YES!!!!

We laugh crazily, feeling the anger and hate burning inside us once more. We were one! We had control of our body! We were finally able to finish the quest that our master…

We shake our head “no”

The Lord
We do not have a master anymore. From now on, WE are the master! We will bring back Salvation! We will reunite our brothers and sisters and rebuild our city! We are the cure!

We hear the cries coming from the baby in the crib in the corner of the room. We slowly turn and narrow our eyes as we try to figure out what to do about this unforeseen complication. Slowly, we walk over to the crib, our mind whirling at a million miles an hour.

The Lord
What do we do about this?

We look over the side of the crib at the bawling, squirming, crying little thing lying in the crib. We cock our head to the side ever so slightly as we continue to think. The baby narrows her gaze for a moment before a small, ghost of a smile begins to hover over her face. As if on instinct, we slowly reach out our arm and extend our fingers towards the baby. The baby reaches out and takes our finger…before quickly sitting up, drawing out pointer finger close to her, and clamping her finger down, drawing blood.

The Lord
Fuck!

We go to yank our hand back but, as we do, we can feel the slightest bit of resistance from the child. She would grow to be strong…that much was certain. Not only that…but she seemed to enjoy the tone of our voice…

We look over the railing of the crib at the baby, who now, definitely, had a small smirk on her face…it looked almost like…

The Lord
Our smirk…

An evil smile spreads over our face as we begin to sing

The Lord
Hush, little baby, don’t say a word
Daddy’s gonna kill you a mocking bird
And that fucking bird won’t sing
Because Daddy’s gonna choke it with mommy’s ring
And that dumb bitch won’t vanish fast
‘Cause Daddy’s gonna wait and have you kill her last
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane   Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow Demon [vs] Jackky Dane
Page 1 of 1