Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going Rogue: The Last Laugh

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow Demon

Going Rogue: The Last Laugh Empty
PostSubject: Going Rogue: The Last Laugh   Going Rogue: The Last Laugh I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 am

Going Rogue: Recap

Following the NLWF PPV Dangerous by Design where Shadow Demon retained his Undisputed Championship against seven other men inside the Triple Cage, both he and his wife Rogue were attacked and kidnapped by Salvation during a house show. Salvation then ended Shadow’s historic Undisputed title reign before taking him and Rogue to the City of Salvation. Corey proceeded to torture them both, in order to convert Shadow Demon to Salvation by any means necessary. Corey succeeded in his goal, converting Shadow by torturing Rogue to death...or so he thought. Perceiving Rogue to be dead, Salvation dumped her body on the side of a road on the outskirts of the City. Luckily enough, a woman by the name of Jenna noticed Rogue on her way to the City, took her back to her home and nursed her back to health. Unfortunately only a week after Rogue was saved by Jenna, Salvation discovered that Rogue was not dead, but indeed still alive. By process of elimination they were able to find Jenna’s house. Once Salvation discovered Rogue was inside, they let loose an all out assault on the building. However Rogue was able to escape, while Jenna was not so lucky, being crucified on top of her own home. Escaping into the forest near the home, Rogue was captured by Shadow Demon, who she mistakenly assumed was not under Salvation’s control.

After being subdued by SD, she was taken to the Church of Salvation where she was to be executed. However, due to a distraction Rogue was able to take a desperate shot at escape by throwing herself through the stained glass window of the Church and plunging to the street below. Fortunately she was caught by a man on a motorcycle. Over the following chase, the man was identified as Shadow Demon’s estranged brother, Lucifer Angel. Shadow Demon and Salvation were eventually able to catch Lucifer and Rogue, and bring them back to the Church. Unfortunately this clashed with an NLWF event of high importance, so Corey Casey ordered Lucifer and Rogue to be imprisoned within the walls of the Salvation prison. However, Rogue was able to plant a wedding picture inside the Church before being locked up in hope that Shadow would find it. Shadow did find it, and the image was enough to break his mind from the strong grip of Salvation. He was then able to rescue Rogue and Lucifer from prison without alerting any guards.

The trio attempted to flee the City via employing disguises and boarding a train that was heading out of the City. Unfortunately a spy on the train in the form of a ticket collector relayed information to Corey Casey about three passengers who appeared suspicious. Corey Casey was able to put two and two together, so he devised a plan to kill Shadow Demon. He would take control of Lucifer Angel, and then use him to derail the train, guaranteeing the death of all three of them. However Lucifer Angel killed the ticket collector, not knowing that he was on their side. Now the finale to the Going Rogue series – The Last Laugh.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

- Winston Churchill.

Shadow Demon
Aw come on bro, what the heck are you doing?!

Shadow yelled at Lucifer, who had just shot the ticket collector. Lucifer didn’t reply, so Shadow started to move towards him, past the strangely unconcerned onlookers. Despite the fact that he was holding his wife hostage, he theorized that he wouldn’t shoot Rogue now. What did he have to gain? He obviously wanted something from Shadow, so he wouldn’t get rid of his leverage that fast.

However as he moved forward he noticed something come rolling towards him along the ground. It was a black earpiece, connected to a small microphone, like the ones that movie stars and talk show hosts wear. He stopped it with his foot, and picked it up. It had to have come from the ticket collector...he must have been the spy all along! He wondered if it still worked. Keeping an eye on Lucifer, he put the earpiece into his ear and held the tiny microphone up to his mouth.

Shadow Demon
CEE CEE, IZ DAT U?!?! Razz

Static was all he could hear, so he was about to pull the earpiece out when a familiar voice filled his head.

Corey Casey
Well if it isn’t the ever present thorn in my side, how are you Shadow? Feeling like the walls are slowly closing in?

He was right! Before he could reply, he saw Lucifer move through the door of the next carriage. He spoke to Corey as he followed.

Shadow Demon
I wouldn’t know what you’re talkin about dummy! Everything here is just...peachy!

Corey Casey
Oh, so you have no concerns as to why your little pal is acting so weird?

Corey’s manic laughter was so loud Shadow was tempted to crush the earpiece right there and then. But he couldn’t, he had to find out as much as he can.

Shadow Demon
Well gosh darn if ya aren’t controlling him, how’re ya doing that though?! You had to beat the tar outta me and nearly kill Roguey to get it working on me, how does it work so easily and from a distance on my bro?

Corey Casey
Do you even know anything about your own brother? Pathetic clown. If you actually knew your own flesh and blood, you would know that he has a deep resentment towards you. He resents that you have been so successful in your life, while he has achieved nothing in his. Since these feelings were so strong, it was easily to get into his head and manipulate them so that he becomes hostile towards you.

What? Resentment? Surely not, Lucifer had been nothing but cool with him since he met him at the prison. But still, thought he hated to admit, Corey had a point. He didn’t know his brother that well, not that he’d had any time to, but nonetheless it was possible Lucifer had a hidden resentment he didn’t know about. But there was no time to worry about that now, he had to find out what Salvation’s plan was now that he knew Corey was onto them.

Shadow Demon
Well looks like ya got us in a bit of a pickle CEE CEE! I bet ya have some kinda big bad master plan ya wanna shock me with, so go on, knock me out!

Corey Casey
I bet you’d like that, wouldn’t you clown. See this time, there is no “Master plan” Shadow. The fact is you’re going to die and there’s nothing you, or anyone else can do about it. From one killer to another, I’ll see you in hell.

With that, the line went dead. Shadow didn’t have a clue what Corey meant, but the fact that they were on this train pretty much sealed their fate. He had to get Rogue and escape, NOW. For the moment he had kept a safe distance from Lucifer, but decided now he had no choice. He had to get to her. He began to run towards Lucifer who, as he was clutching Rogue, was making his way into the final carriage before the driver’s compartment. He began to run as fast as he could, preparing to make a lunge at Lucifer. At that moment Lucifer looked back and saw him running. Without hesitating he aimed his gun at Shadow and fired.

Rogue
SHADOW, NO!

Shadow let out a scream of pain and crumpled to the ground. Had Lucifer’s aim not been off, the bullet would have entered Shadow’s head, but instead it pierced his shoulder. Shadow could feel nothing but searing hot pain radiating up his arm, and hear nothing but screeching and blanketing white noise He pulled his hand away to see it completely covered in blood. Everything felt like it was moving in slow-motion. He looked back at the unforgiving eyes at Lucifer, and then at the worried and desperate eyes of his wife, Rogue. He saw the tears running down her cheeks, he could see her screaming, valiantly clawing at Lucifer, trying to make her way to him. He could see Lucifer restraining her, smacking the butt of his gun against her head. He saw Rogue go limp in Lucifer’s arms, and then his smile, his sick, evil smile. Then he heard Lucifer’s words, the first thing he had been able to hear since being shot.

Lucifer Angel
Thanks for the ride, bro. It’s been fun. Also, I don’t need your dumb bitch wife anymore.

Shadow felt a body crash into his, causing the pain in his shoulder to become even more intense. He squirmed around on the floor, before turning to face Rogue. She was still breathing, but clearly unconscious, her eyes lost in a sea of haze. Thank God. If she was dead he would have just given up, but finding that she was still alive gave him the strength to fight off the cobwebs now clouding his vision. Managing with what he could, he looked back over at Lucifer, who had just pulled open the door to the main engine room of the train. No one tried to stop him, why would they when it was clear he was doing this all for Salvation? It was all up to him, he had to stop Lucifer, if he went into that engine room it was certainly the end for them.

Shadow Demon
STOP! Come on bro...ya can’t turn on good ol’ ESS DEE! Your...your brother...

It took every inch of his will to even speak. However, he was successful in catching Lucifer’s attention. Lucifer stopped, and instead of walking into the engine room, walked over to Shadow.

Lucifer Angel
I’ll tell you what, you pathetic clown, I can. I can do whatever the hell I want because The Lord tells me I can. He has given me freedom. No longer do I have to live in your shadow!

With that, Shadow burst out in crazed, uncontrollable laughter. He rolled around on the floor, stomping his legs on the ground. He couldn’t believe Lucifer had actually just made a pun, there was no way he wasn’t his flesh and blood!

Lucifer Angel
WHAT’S SO FUNNY?!

Lucifer screamed, moving closer to Shadow Demon. Shadow continued to laugh, unable to control himself. Infuriated, Lucifer grabbed Shadow by the neck and laid a massive right hand into his jaw. Shadow recoiled but continued to laugh.

Lucifer Angel
WHY WON’T YOU STOP?!

Another punch landed squarely on the side of Shadow’s face, but Shadow continued to laugh. It was half because he was actually cracked up from that hilarious pun, and half because if he could keep Lucifer distracted, he bought them more time. Also keeping Lucifer angry was good, it made him irrational, it allowed Shadow to toy with his emotions. It made him forget things, made him not see the full picture. So he kept up the laughing, and the punches kept coming.

Lucifer Angel
I AM YOUR GOD, DO NOT LAUGH AT ME

Shadow Demon
Ok, ok!

Shadow spit blood out onto the floor and raised his hand in mock defence. Lucifer relented, but just for the moment, his eyes were still transfixed on Shadow.

Shadow Demon
You wanna know what’s so funny?

Lucifer was about to say something but then the reality dawned on him. It was too late, because by the time he began to lunge at Shadow, Shadow had already shot him three times in the chest. Lucifer fell down next to Shadow, blood pooling around him in a puddle.

Shadow Demon
How I got your freakin gun...

Shadow slowly pushed himself up from the ground. He’d lost a lot of blood and was feeling very dizzy. He tried to make it to his feet. He had to. He knew Corey would find another way to sabotage the train since he would know that Lucifer was dead. He managed to make it up but stumbled and fell onto the lap of one of the passengers. It was a young girl, no older than 10 or 11. He waited for the inevitable shrill scream, but none came.

Girl
Hey, are you ok?

It was as if she wasn’t scared by any of the violence which had just occurred. She was an innocent girl who cared, for some reason, if he was ok. Most people would have pushed him off, frightened or panicked. She didn’t seem to mind, she was just concerned. He looked up at her. Her pale blue eyes were glued on his, as if she was searching them. Her mother pulled her back, closer to her, clearly afraid. But the girl kept her eyes trained on Shadow, it was like she was reaching out to him, telling him everything was going to be ok. She was pushing him to stand up and keep fighting for that woman on the floor behind him barely breathing. Slowly but steadily, he managed to push himself off of the little girl and finally stand again. The pain in his shoulder shot through his arm like a hot knife, but he managed to keep his balance.

He looked at the girl, and gave her a big wide smile.

Shadow Demon
I’m gonna be just fine...don’t you worry!

He tried to laugh but he began coughing violently, until he was on his knees again, spitting blood onto the floor. He shook his head, again fighting the urge to lay down and give up.

No.

Not like this.

He crawled over to Rogue, and took her in his arms. The onlookers just kept their distance, most too afraid to move a muscle. With all the strength he could muster, he pulled Rogue up with him as he stood up.

Shadow Demon
Come on Roguey...we...we gotta get movin...

As soon as he pulled Rogue up, he heard a voice behind him.

???
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

Shadow swung around, coming face to face with a man dressed in a worker’s uniform. He was obviously a member of the train crew, maybe an assistant to the driver. His eyes went wide when he saw the dead body of Lucifer lying on the ground.  He slowly looked back from the dead body on the ground, to the man with the face paint clutching the unmoving girl in front of him, back to the dead body on the floor. He was clearly in shock.

Shadow Demon
Listen to me, I...I don’t care whatcha gotta do, but...you HAVE to stop this train.

The worker stuttered as he spoke.

Worker
I-I-I...um...I

Shadow Demon
JUST DO IT!

Shadow screamed, getting desperate.  The worker jumped back startled. Shadow again felt like he was going to tip over, the blood draining from his body. He fell down on one knee, barely stopping Rogue from crashing down in front of him. He was exhausted and the pain wasn’t helping. It was mainly why he had snapped at the worker. He knew there was no time left, he was practically dead at this point. But if he gave up, not likely was it that he would die, but everyone else on this train would be doomed too.

Shadow Demon
Sorry, sorry, that was no laughing matter just now...I just need you to stop the train pal, because if you don’t, we’re all gonna end up toast, just like my poor bro.

Shadow nodded over to the body on the ground.

Worker
You...You killed your own brother?

Shadow Demon
You see, it’s things like that which a powerful group can force you to do. Salvation took control of my own bro, and tried to make him derail this train. That’s why he was bangin’ on your door over there, he was trying to get in so he could make us all deadsies.

There was now mumbling amongst the onlookers, who had been stuck in a shocked stupor since Lucifer pulled his gun. Shadow turned around and looked back at the passengers.

Shadow Demon
I know...I know ...I’m just a clown, why should you, you know, care? See this, this here is my wife. Corey Casey, who I’m sure ya all know, he tortured her to near death to convert me to Salvation. He broke me down and made me hate my own wife...made me hunt her down after they found out she was still alive...

He hoped more people were paying attention to him now that he was being serious, and that they weren’t just taking him as some lunatic clown anymore. He continued to speak, the anger rising in his voice.

Shadow Demon
They killed the kind lady who nursed her back to health...they crucified her...that random act of kindness cost that woman her life. I managed to break away from their control, but they ain’t gonna stop until they’ve got us, by any means necessary.

Shadow swallowed as the pain in his shoulder continued to mount, and time continued to slowly, slowly, run out.

Shadow Demon
So I need ya all to help me, because this isn’t just about me and Roguey here, this is about each and every one of you. Ya gotta trust me when I tell ya, if we don’t stop this train, we will all die.

Shadow turned and looked back at the worker, who hadn’t moved since he started talking.

Shadow Demon
So please...stop the train buddy.

There was a moment of silence as the worker seemed to be making up his mind, before there was a shout from within the crowd of passengers.

Woman
Do it.

Shadow looked over at the source of the voice. It was the mother of the girl he had fallen onto before. She was standing up, and all eyes including his were focused on her now.

Woman
He may have just saved our lives, and if what he’s saying is true all he’s trying to do now is save us again. I think we owe him, and the least we can do is stop the train.

Shadow looked back at the worker.

Worker
Ok I’ll do it. But what do we do after we stop the train?

Shadow Demon
They won’t care about any of you peeps, they’re just trying to kill us. Don’t worry your little heads, we’ll make a quick getaway and you’ll, you know, never even know we were here!

The worker nodded and quickly returned to the driver’s room from where he came. Shadow sighed in relief, they had done it, the worker would stop the train, and he knew that somehow, some way, they would make it out of the train, and find a way out of this forsaken City. As he was deep in thought, the woman who had stood up for him approached him.

Woman
Do you need me to hold her?

Shadow frowned, confused as to why the woman was helping him so much when all he had done was get some blood on her daughter.

Shadow Demon
You...you’re sure?

Woman
It’s the least I can do

Shadow moved Rogue into the arms of the woman, who held her tightly.

Woman
Please, take my seat.

Shadow, exhausted, slumped into the woman’s seat, next to her daughter.

Woman
Does anyone know first aid?

Yelled the woman as she laid Rogue down on a row of seats which a group of passengers had just vacated. An older man hurried over to Shadow’s side, and began assessing his wound. At the same time another group began checking on Rogue’s vital signs. Shadow was confused, why were these people being so kind to them? They were just two outlaws desperate to escape the City, and above all they looked like clowns! They had just seen him kill a man...but they still wanted to help...what...what was this...

Shadow felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, and quickly jerked it out.

Man
Woah, Woah, it’s ok buddy. I just bandaged it up.

Shadow nodded, and rested his head back on the seat. The train was beginning to slow down now. Surely they would be safe...he had done everything possible. He just...just needed to sleep for a second. Rest his eyes for a bit. He looked over to Rogue lying down on the seat, still unconscious, people crowded around her. All he wanted was to be with her, he wanted her to live, he wanted to run away and live together with her for the rest of his life. He loved her with all his heart, and she’d brought him back from the brink with a single gesture, a single photo. Them after their wedding, the happiest he’d ever been. And with that thought, he slipped into unconsciousness; everything turning to black.

-Earlier-

Corey Casey
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

Corey Casey screamed, smashing his fist onto his wooden desk. He didn’t understand. He had been controlling Lucifer to perfection, contorting his emotions to breaking point. But somehow, someway, Shadow had managed to get the gun out of Lucifer’s hand. And just like that, he was dead. Corey shook his head in disgust, so frustrated he was almost foaming at the mouth. After everything he had gone through, perfectly countering each of Shadow’s moves, he was AGAIN on the defensive. There Shadow and his precious little wife were, heading out of the City of Salvation, and again he was forced to come up with another way to stop them...

Salvation Follower
My Lord, we’ve received information that-

Corey Casey
I know, I KNOW, I KNOW!

Corey shouted, running his hands through his messy hair. He turned his back on his follower and stared out the stain-glass window, long since broken by Rogue’s escape.

Corey Casey
I thought I would put an end to this right there and then, but I went for too big of a gamble. I had to trust that I could maintain control of Lucifer, and I did but...he got too out of hand.

Corey muttered to himself, shaking his head.

Salvation Follower
Actually my Lord, what I came to tell you is that we have come up with another plan. Well, in fact, we always had a second plan...a backup of sorts.

Corey whipped around to face the follower, genuinely shocked.

Corey Casey
We did?

Salvation Follower
Corey, you aren’t the only one who wants this laughable excuse for a human being to be put out of his misery. He has betrayed Salvation in such an obscene way that allowing him to live would be simply unacceptable. And, not taking anything away from your methods my Lord, but having tried to take the Demon down all by yourself has no doubt been exhausting you.

Corey Casey stared angrily at the follower.

Corey Casey
What are you trying to say?!

Salvation Follower
I did not mean it as an insult, my Lord. Every step you have taken is exactly what I, or any other of the followers, would have done. However during this last ploy, we decided to create a backup plan, in case the cowardly clown was somehow again able to escape us. This plan is foolproof as it required the first plan to fail in order for it to work. There is no way they will live through this. I promise you, my Lord.

Corey Casey
How can you be so sure? What is this plan you have?

The follower reached into his pocket and pulled out a map. He unravelled it, and held it up to Corey, pointing as he talked.

Salvation Follower
Here is the line which the train the clown and his wife are currently on is travelling down. It connects here at this junction, and then follows this line out. The plan is to divert a train that would normally not go down the junction, so that it collides with the train he is on. The clown’s train will go through a tunnel before the junction so he’ll never see the other train coming.

Corey, after taking his time to analyse the diagram for himself, nodded.

Corey Casey
Ok, but if this fails, then you and every other follower who came up with this plan will be tortured within an inch of your life...do you understand?

The Follower bowed.

Salvation Follower
I understand...my lord.

The City of Salvation boasts an intricate set of train lines, criss-crossing and zig-zagging around one another. On the surface everything appeared normal. The trains ran according to their timetables – on time and prompt. However if one were to look deeper they would see the trains were manipulated by Salvation to their liking. They could add a new stop to the system or completely cut out one. They could also control which lines the trains went on, and where they would change tracks. So it was a simple task for the Salvation followers to alter where the course of the  civilian train travelling perpendicular to the train Shadow Demon and Rogue were on. The followers simply changed the junction from which the train would turn on. Of course, they kept the driver in the dark about exactly what he would be turning into.

“Ok, so you want me to turn at 3A instead of 3B?”

The driver said into his mouthpiece, which provided him contact with the Church of Salvation.

Salvation Follower
The Lord commands it, the other train is running behind schedule, so just to speed up your trip we’re gonna make you change lines at a junction earlier.

Driver
Understood.

The driver hung up on the conversation, and began to guide his train to the left.

Rogue could see a bright light. She was floating in a sea of darkness, but she could see a light. It was bearing down on her, almost begging her to do what little she could to direct herself towards it. Going into the light felt like the right thing to do but...something was in the way. It was the bloodied face of her husband, his normally white face spattered with blood and dirt. Suddenly she realised how badly he was beaten. The face didn’t even resemble her husband.

Rogue
I’m so sorry Shadow...I love you so much...I never wanted you to get hurt...

She slowly raised a hand and touched his cheek. And in that moment the light encircled them, and a sea of voices became muttering.

“I think she’s awake...”

“...Are you sure?”

“Wait she’s moving!”

Rogue blinked her eyes, and realised that, though she indeed was resting her hand on her husband’s cheek, the darkness was gone – replaced with a group of people milling around them. However they didn’t matter to her, she had to make sure if Shadow was alive.

Rogue
S-Shadow...are you ok?

She frantically checked for signs of life, trying to see if she could hear his breathing or find a pulse. As she was checking, she noticed the bandage on his shoulder. Her eyes began to well up, fearing the worse.

Rogue
What happened to him?!

The man who had bandaged Shadow’s bullet wound was the first to speak.

Man
He was shot by the other scary-looking guy, but managed to take him out. He’s unconscious now but we’re stopping the train soon so we should be able to get him to the hospital.

Rogue sighed in relief, as she looked over at the bloody body of Lucifer Angel.

Rogue
And you...you people are helping us?

Woman
He saved our lives, it was the least we could do for you two.

Rogue nodded, and rested her head on Shadow’s.

Rogue
Thank you, all of you.

The man nodded.

Man
You’re welcome, we’re gonna stop at this junction just up past this tunnel, we should be able to get you guys to a hospital after that.

Rogue
Great, I can’t thank you enough.

Rogue turned back to Shadow and stroked the side of his face.

Rogue
It’ll all be over soon, I promise.

The background noise of the train was soon replaced by the loud whooshing sound of the tunnel as they passed into blackness. The train was gradually slowing down, the time in the tunnel feel like an eternity. Rogue’s stomach turned. For some reason she suddenly felt unsettled, as if something wasn’t quite right. She looked ahead at the approaching light, the end of the tunnel. Why did it seem so daunting? She shook her head and laughed – after everything they’d been through there was no need for her to get worked up about a simple “bad feeling”. She softly kissed Shadow’s forehead.

Rogue
We’re almost there.

And then, in a split second, Rogue’s world was turned-upside down. Screeching metal, accompanied by the screams of those around her, filled her ears. She felt her body lift slightly off the ground, as the side of the train caved in. Rogue barely had a chance to scream as the entire train tilted quickly and violently to the left, leaving the tracks completely. Rogue was thrown like a ragdoll into the left side of the train, the cold steel completely unforgiving to her tender flesh. She flinched in pain, as Shadow’s body thrown into hers, landing with a resounding “smack!”. His body was followed a number of others, as all the passengers were jolted to the left by the sudden collision. The other train continued to push the train while it was on its side, pushing it further and further away from the track. Both trains eventually came to rest some meters away from the tracks. The screeches of the passengers and the grinding metal eventually gave way to an unsettling silence.

Blood and twisted metal littered side of the junction, the two trains lying in a t-bone fashion. Several passengers who had only sustained minor injuries staggered out of the rubble. They were confronted by a large crowd looking on at the debris – however a certain group stood out. They were adorned in Salvation colours and their eyes were darting from one place to another.

Corey Casey
Find them- NOW.

Corey Casey barked at his Followers, who nodded and began to quickly search through the rubble for Shadow Demon and Rogue. Corey stood silently, watching and secretly hoping that they had survived the collision, so he would get the satisfaction of killing them himself. A few moments passed, before a follower returned to Corey.

Salvation Follower
My Lord.

Corey Casey
Yes?

Salvation Follower
We’ve found something.

“Man I’m glad that’s over.”

The Salvation Follower said to his passenger as he drove the garbage truck down the road. They were on their way to the Church, where they would be dumping the bodies they had uncovered: one clown, one woman, and one creepy looking guy.

Salvation Follower 2
Me too, I don’t think I’ve ever had to carry out so many tasks for the Lord.

Salvation Follower
At least we’ve got them now, that backup plan went off without a hitch. This clown has been a thorn in the Lord’s side for a long time – eliminating him has been a goal for Salvation for an eternity.

Salvation Follower 2
And he was able to achieve that goal. Our Lord truly has no equal.

Salvation Follower
Amen.

The truck pulled up at the gates, and was ushered through by two guards, who opened the gates quickly. The Follower parked the truck down the side of the Church, next to two large garbage bins. The Follower opened the car door and walked around the side.

Salvation Follower
Alright, you ready?

Salvation Follower 2
Yeah let’s do this.

The two followers grabbed the tarpaulin which had been used to cover the bodies, and pulled it off.

Salvation Follower
What...where are the other two?!

Salvation Follower 2
How did this-

The second Follower didn’t get to finish his sentence, as he was shoved out of the way by Corey Casey.

Corey Casey
Let me see the-WHAT?!

There was only one body in the back of the truck – that of Lucifer Angel. The other two were nowhere to be seen. Corey clenched his fists and gritted his teeth – seething in anger. How could this be possible? He himself had put the bodies under the tarpaulin...there was no way they could have escaped. He had made sure that both of them were dead, they had to be, neither of them had a pulse...how could they have moved?

Corey Casey
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Salvation Follower 2
I uh...I don’t know my-

Corey Casey cocked back and punched the follower directly in the face, causing a stream of blood to spurt out of his nose.

Salvation Follower 2
Ah fuck!

Salvation Follower
My lord, please we can-

Corey swung his other fist backwards, connecting flush on the other follower’s face, knocking him down as well.

Salvation Follower
AHHH!

As the follower crumpled, Corey turned back to the body of Lucifer Angel and began searching, as if Shadow and Rogue could be hiding in there.

Corey Casey
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, YOU INGRATES FUCKED UP AGAIN!

Corey screamed, pounding the steel. He continued to punch the car in frustration before he noticed that Lucifer was in fact, holding something in his hand. It was half hidden by his clenched hand but there was definitely something in there. He quickly pried open Lucifer’s hand, revealing the back of what looked like a playing card.

Corey Casey
...What?

Corey snatched the card out of Lucifer’s hand and turned it around.

It was a Joker, with some words on it that had been painted in blood.

“SOZZY CEE CEE, LOOKS LIKE I GET THE LAST LAUGH ON THIS ONE!”

Corey’s blood boiled and he tore the card apart.

Corey Casey
NO! FUCK YOU SHADOW YOU FUCKING CLOWN!!

The sound of Corey's screams echoed through the City, eventually fading away as the wind carried them out onto the outskirts. But if one was to be walking out there, they could be forgiven for not hearing Corey's voice, as it was drowned out by a much louder, high-pitched sound.

The cackling laughter of a madman who had an impressive resume of injuries, yet still able to carry his still-breathing wife out of what could only be described as hell.

They had gone through hell, but they were still going.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1