Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unleashing the SYCO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Unleashing the SYCO Empty
PostSubject: Unleashing the SYCO   Unleashing the SYCO I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:43 pm

+Requiem for a Career+

When I debuted in this industry, a few years ago, I debuted with a company called New Age Wrestling. It was a small, indy style company that was perfect for me. It wasn’t too big that I would be lost in the shuffle and passed over by the creative teams in favor of the vets, and it wasn’t small enough that I could host a “PPV” in my backyard. I settled into the company and had only fought in a few matches when a new guy debuted.

As soon as I met this new guy backstage I knew, this kid had something special. He has brash, he was cocky, and he was able to pull off high flying moves that I had never even thought were possible. I remember seeing him backstage before one of his matches. At the time, I was in a stable that consisted of me, the owner of NAW, and one of NAW’s greatest heavyweight champions. I had a reputation as a hard worker…and a man that one definitely did not want to cross. Everyone knew that I was being trained by the owner of the fed and one of NAW’s greatest world champions…and that fact commanded a bit of respect.

Anyways, I remember seeing this guy backstage before one of his matches. I remember thinking “hey, I might as well wish this guy good luck. He has a bright future ahead of him and who knows, the two of us might go head to head someday.” So, out of the kindness of my heart, I walked over to this arrogant young high flier and said, “good luck man.”

I remember that a smirk appeared on the guy’s face as he turned, looked at me, and said…

“Luck? Luck is for losers.”

Fast forward 6 months…I’m walking through the backstage area during an NLWF show, trying to get the feel of the place and find my way around the first massive arena I had ever wrestled in. I remember entering the building from the parking garage and who is the first person I happen to bump into?

That’s right, the same arrogant, egotistical high-flier I knew back in NAW…

His name was Jason Hawk.

Over the course of the last year and a half, Jason Hawk and I have clashed on numerous occasions. We have traded almost every single title NLWF had to offer back and forth, we’ve main evented Pay Per Views and sold out countless arenas. Jason Hawk has been in the same company as me since the very beginning of both of our careers.

So it’s only right that his last match as an active competitor is against me…and it’s only right that, in his last match, I make sure Jason Hawk leaves this industry the same way he left his very first NLWF Pay Per View…

A loser

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ragnarok
Boise, Idaho
Sunday, June 19th

Before the Path to Valhalla Match

I look around at the members of The Chosen, a small smile on my face

Corey Casey
Gentlemen…first of all, I’d like to congratulate Vincent Van Rose on finally winning the High Impact Title

Everyone looks at VVR and a smattering of applause breaks out. VVR pats the High Impact Title, which is lovingly slung over his right shoulder

Young Corey
You’re only happy because VVR winning means there’s one less member of your doomed to fail faction that will have to kick your ass

The Lord
All of these guys are good…but we are better

Young Corey walks over and stands next to Death-Angel, who is leaning against a wall in the far corner of The Chosen’s locker room. Young Corey looks up at the massive Death-Angel and then looks back at The Lord

Young Corey
You do realize that Death-Angel losing means you will have to step into the ring with him right?

The Lord narrows his eyes as he stares coldly at the hulking form of Death-Angel. I quickly think to myself

“Don’t worry…I have a plan”

I let the applause go on for a few moments longer before motioning for silence. Kable, VVR and Death-Angel all stare at me, waiting for my next words

Corey Casey
As good as VVR has made The Chosen look here tonight, there is still one more match to be fought...there is glory to be seized by The Chosen here tonight. There is still a mission that we must carry out tonight gentlemen…

I smirk as I stare at Kable and Death-Angel. Kable has an excited, anticipatory look on his face, like he had so much energy and focus that he could barely contain himself. Death-Angel, on the other hand, simply stared at me from the corner of the room. I could feel his gaze resting squarely on me, almost as if he were trying to gaze into the depths of my soul. Death-Angel seemed like he was calm, his arms were folded and were resting across his chest, his breathing was normal and he seemed to be in a neutral sort of mood…but I knew better than that

Young Corey
You know damn well what this man can do to us. You know damn well the lengths that this man, in the past, has gone to in order to inflict an immeasurable amount of pain and suffering on us. You know damn well that if you say one thing that isn’t to Death-Angel’s liking…that he can snap and reduce this entire locker room to a pile of rubble

Before The Lord can say anything, I lock my gaze on Young Corey and think to myself

“I know…but like I said, I have a plan”

Corey Casey
Death-Angel, Kable and I still have a job to do here tonight. One of the three of us needs to make sure that we win the Path to Valhalla match and go on to headline From The Ashes. Gentlemen, one of the three of use needs to make sure that we do whatever is necessary in order to achieve victory here tonight.

Kable nods his head as he begins hopping lightly from one foot to the other in an attempt to calm his nerves. Death-Angel simply smirks as he stares at me and nods his head

Corey Casey
I know we are brothers…members of the same movement and followers of SIN…but tonight, during the Path to Valhalla match, should we find ourselves standing across the ring from a fellow member of The Chosen…

I stare directly at Death-Angel. I wanted to make sure that he heard me loud and clear and realized that I was talking directly to him. I knew damn well that I couldn’t hatch some crazy scheme or some half-assed plot that involved members of The Chosen laying down for me in order to make my road to victory easier. The members of The Chosen were too smart for that. No…I knew that I needed to do what needed to be done…and I needed to encourage my fellow Chosen to do the same should it occur…

Corey Casey
…I want you to fight. I want you to fight your brother, your fellow member of The Chosen, and throw everything you can think of at them. I want you guys to step your game up and make sure that, at the end of this night, all anyone can talk about is the fantastic match that Kable had with Death-Angel, or the inredible match Death-Angel had with Corey Casey, or the show stealing match that Corey Casey had with Kable. You guys got it?

Kable nods his head

Kable
Hell yeah! The Chosen will bring this fuckin’ house down!

Young Corey
That’s your plan? To volunteer to get your ass kicked by Death-Angel?

The Lord
You know, as much as I hate our younger counter-part, I have to admit…this doesn’t seem too intelligent. You should devise a plan, some sort of ploy that will assure that we achieve victory here tonight…

Death-Angel’s smirk widens as he and I lock gazes. He doesn’t say a word to me, he simply nods his head. I nod my head back, acknowledging the sign of agreement. I think to myself

“Don’t worry boys…we have an ace up our sleeves. Tonight will be a night that no one will EVER forget…”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Later That Night…during the Path to Valhalla Match

Corey Casey [vs.] Death-Angel

Young Corey
Yeah…this plan of yours is working fantastically…

Death-Angel stands over me, looking down at me with a sick smile on his face. He leans down and picks me up off the mat and then spins me around. Before I am able to process what is going on, Death-Angel flips me up onto his shoulder. Death-Angel then drops down and delivers a crushing reverse piledriver to me, spiking me headfirst into the canvas

The Lord
If you had some sort of plan…I would definitely suggest implementing it sooner rather than later

Young Corey
C’mon…can’t you see how brilliant this plan is?! It’s the Chuck Matthews plan! Get your ass kicked for 45 minutes straight and then hope u have enough left in the tank at the end of the match to get lucky and hit your opponent with a surprise move and then pray that it’s enough to keep him down for the 3 count!

I ignore my two counter-parts as I shake my head in an attempt to keep the pain, which threatens to swell up and overwhelm me, at bay. I slowly begin to pull myself up to my feet when I notice that Death-Angel is seemingly measuring me from his perch on the top rope

Young Corey
This is going to be HILARIOUS! YOU’RE GOING TO GET SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!

I smirk as I stare at Death-Angel, knowing that I had mere seconds to utter the phrase that I had memorized. After Showtime last week, I was in The Chosen’s locker room and I had seen Brenton Cyrus’ bag with his street clothes and some other stuff in it/. I had walked over to the bag, lifted it up and was preparing to throw it away when I saw a manila folder inside the bag with a strange language written on the cover of the envelope. I had reached inside the bag and grabbed the manila folder. After tossing out the rest of the gym bag, I had taken the manila folder home and analyzed it closely. As soon as I discovered what the manila folder contained and what the sentence etched onto the front cover of the folder would do, I had immediately committed the phrase to memory and began planning for this very moment...

I lock eyes with Death-Angel and scream at him

Corey Casey
SYCO אלוהים, אני חופשי אתם מהכבלים שלך

Young Corey furrows his brow in confusion

Young Corey
What the hell just came out of our mouth?

The Lord chuckles wickedly as Death-Angel seems to freeze on the top rope

The Lord
That was the old tongue…the language of the SYCO…

I smirk as I hear the boo’s beginning to rain down on me from the sold out arena. I didn’t care what the fuck the unwashed, uneducated masses thought of me…my plan had worked. All I needed to do was win the Path to Valhalla Match and then carry about Phase Two of my plan and preparations for SIN’s arrival would be complete.

I slowly walk over to the turnbuckle and reach up and grab Death-Angel. I make sure to take full advantage of the fact that Death-Angel was already halfway up in the air, given that he was sitting on top of a turnbuckle. I grip Death-Angel’s neck tightly as I lift him up and then leap into the air. I spin in midair and drive Death-Angel down to the mat with a crushing Purifier.

Young Corey
What the hell…why did he just freeze up like that?

The Lord
I want you to say something to him before you pin him…

I stand up and look down at Death-Angel who is lying on his back in the middle of the ring. The Lord’s phrase echoes around my brain like the sound of Gabrielle’s trumpet announcing the coming of Judgment Day. I stare down at Death-Angel and say:

Corey Casey
SYCO תוכלו לעלות שוב... Quoth ה ה '... לחיות בחטא

I then drop down and pin Death-Angel. The ref counts

-1-
-2-
-3-

I smirk as Death-Angel remains motionless as the ref’s hand falls for the third and final time and hits the mat. I hear Megan O’Day’s voice echo from all around

Megan O’Day- Corey Casey again advances to the next round of the Path to Valhalla match…

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Se7en Training Grounds (Formerly the Salvation Fight League)
???, Montana
Tuesday, June 21st

The Lord
How do you know he will come?

Young Corey
I have to admit, even I am skeptical…does he even OWN a cell phone?!

I sit in a comfortable box seat with a smirk on my face. On my lap sits the same manila folder that I had found inside Brenton Cyrus’ bag. I had texted Death-Angel yesterday and instructed him to meet me here, at the newly christened Se7en Training Grounds.

I had found the old Salvation Fight League training camp after The Chosen had destroyed The Hill. we were walking down The Hill when I felt this strange tugging sensation pulling me away from the ruins of the City of Salvation. I had hopped on my motorcycle and driven in the direction that the tugging sensation was pulling me in. Eventually I had come across this old abandoned complex. It had been dug straight into the ground and was surrounded by crudely constructed bleacher seats. It had instantly reminded me of the old Roman Coliseum, only with a massive wrestling ring in the middle as opposed to a large, oval and open area. I had decided then and there that I would turn this complex into a sort of proving grounds for young fighters who wanted to prove their mettle to Se7en. I had made a few calls and, within a few days, had some of the best indy wrestlers and a few MMA guys contact me. All of them wanted a chance to prove that they had what it took to join Se7en’s Ranks.

I watch as two indy guys battle back and forth, each one trying to focus on his opponent and not think about me watching them fight one another. Each combatant was desperately trying not to acknowledge that, with a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, I could make or break their careers. All of a sudden, I hear the sound of heavy footsteps walking up behind me.

Young Corey
We have company…

The Lord
Well no shit Sherlock…

I don’t even bat an eyelash when Death-Angel suddenly walks out from behind me and takes a seat in the chair next to me

Corey Casey
Look at them down there…

I nod at the two wrestlers fighting in the ring below

Corey Casey
Each man has hopes and dreams…each man prays that he will have the strength and courage that is required to achieve victory over his opponent. Each of those two men down there will push himself to his very breaking point and then beyond…all for a chance to stand alongside the members of Se7en…

I turn and look at Death-Angel as a smirk appears on my face

Corey Casey
Makes ya feel proud doesn’t it?

Death-Angel is about to reply when I notice his eyes quickly dart down and stare at the manila folder sitting on front of me. My smirk widens as I reach down and grab the folder

Corey Casey
Ah…I see that you recognize the sentence written on this folder…

Young Corey
Of course he does! He would have to be legally retarded NOT TO!

The Lord
Well…it IS Death-Angel

Death-Angel nods his head

Death-Angel
It is the saying that you screamed at me during the Path to Valhalla Match…

I hold the folder up, allowing Death-Angel to see the sentence clearly in the light of the setting sun

Corey Casey
It is, indeed, the same sentence that I screamed out to you at Ragnarok. Do you know what it means, after it is translated from that confusing and awkward language that you and Brenton Cyrus would sometimes use when addressing each other?

Death-Angel tries to emit an air of disinterest as he shrugs his shoulders.

Death-Angel
Loosely translated, it says “SYCO God, I free you of your cables”

Death-Angel might be trying to make me believe that he isn’t interested in the folder and its contents…but I can see right through his ploy. I can see the old fire burning brightly down in the pits of Death-Angels fractured and tortured soul. I can sense the anger and the rage that Death-Angel fought to control each and every day. Death-Angel and I were not so different…both of us were fighting the ghosts of our past in an attempt to secure safe passage for ourselves into the future…

The Lord
Bullshit I am a “ghost of your past.” I am your anger, I am your rage, I am your violent and unquenchable thirst for pain and suffering…most importantly…I am your ticket to everlasting glory…

Young Corey
If anything, you’re our ticket back to the goddamn nut house

I slowly hold out the manila folder, indicating that Death-Angel could have it

Corey Casey
DA…I have known you a long time. I have seen that you can still hang with the main eventers…but I can also see that you are beginning to slip up more and more. I can see the effects of age beginning to creep up and attempt to control you and control your destiny. I used to see anger and rage and desire for glory burning deep within your gaze…deep within your soul. I used to feel a pang of fear when I would hear that you and I were meeting in a match…

But that’s just not the way things work anymore is it? Everyone can see what I see…everyone can see that the once mighty Death-Angel is beginning to slip up. It started at Ragnarok when you were taken down by that annoying little bird known as Jason Hawk. I have heard the rumors that Dan Alexander has been running his mouth backstage, telling anyone and everyone that he does not fear Death-Angel and that he will be the one to put you out of your misery…

Death-Angel reaches out and grabs the manila folder. He begins sifting through the contents of the folder until suddenly he stops and removes a faded piece of what looks like parchment. I smile wickedly as I recognize the piece of parchment. I had had the same look of confusion on my face when I saw what the parchment had written onto its faded pages…

Corey Casey
It’s a map Death-Angel…a map that will lead you to a graveyard. And in that graveyard…you will find the means to restore the fear that once accompanied your name whenever it was announced. In the graveyard, you will find the spark that re-kindles the flames that once burned out of control deep within your soul. In the graveyard…you will find something that will resurrect the SYCO God that you once were…

From somewhere down below, I hear the sound of a bell ringing. I turn and see that one of the young competitors had managed to pin his opponent. I begin clapping softly as I pull myself up to my feet.

Corey Casey
Well Death-Angel…should I allow the loser to walk away unscathed or…

I turn to look at Death-Angel…but the seat that he had just been occupying is now vacant. All of a sudden, I hear an ear splitting roar ring out from down below.

Young Corey
Uh…I don’t think either guy is going to walk out of here unscathed…

I turn and look at the scene unfolding down below me. Death-Angel, somehow, had quickly managed to navigate his way from the skybox that we were sitting in and somehow managed to appear in the ring below. I smirk as I watch Death-Angel, first, spear the winner of the match down to the mat. Death-Angel then quickly stands up and leans down and picks up the victor of the match. Death-Angel cocks his fist back and then delivers a crushing KABLOOSKIE to the winner of the match

The Lord
We have truly unleashed the SYCO…

Young Corey
Wonderful…

My evil smile widens as Death-Angel turns his attention to the loser of the match, who is slowly picking himself up off the canvas. Death-Angel rushes at the loser of the match and powers him down with a Complete Shot. Death-Angel then twists his body and grabs the man’s arms, locking in the Angel’s Nightmare submission hold. I chuckle softly

Corey Casey
The SYCO has been freed once more
He will be the Se7en’s sword
May SIN have mercy on our enemies’ souls
Or else the SYCO will consume them whole.

So it is written…
…So it shall come to pass…
…Quoth The Lord…
…Live in SIN!

+
+
+
The Match+
+
+
+
The Final Bird Hunt+
+
+

I’ve known Jason Hawk since pretty much day one of my professional wrestling career. As I mentioned before, Jason Hawk and I have gone to war over titles, over pride, over factions…but the one thing that always holds true is that whenever Corey Casey and Jason Hawk step into the ring with each other, you are always guaranteed to have one of the best matches you have ever seen.

Now that I’ve said enough nice things about Jason, it’s time to go ahead and let the shit start flyin’ here…

Jason Hawk…you are a lazy sack of crap who is pleased with his position as a washed up main eventer who doesn’t even have to try in order to win mid-card titles. You are the ass hole who simply decides that it is more convenient for him to half-ass his way through a match with someone like Tim Patrick, than to step into the ring with someone who has a realistic chance of ripping your heart out and showing it to you right before he stuffs it down your fucking throat.

Jason, I bet your real fuckin’ proud of being the Full Throttle Champion. I mean, you won it in your debut match here in IWF and have held it ever since. You have defended it against some big time players like VVR and James Shark and Death-Angel…wait…

Nowhere on that list are names like Corey Casey or Brandon Macdonald or Chuck Matthews. Nowhere on your list of title defenses is the name of someone that helped to found this company. Brandon Macdonald might be a fucking hypocrite and a drug addicted fucking waste of human flesh…but, during his prime, he was a threat. I am ALWAYS a threat. Chuck Matthews is the fucking “Original Sin” and the leader of the most powerful collection of superstars that this fucking industry has ever seen! Yes, your title defense against Death-Angel was impressive, I will give you that. But come on Jason…fucking challenge yourself you lazy ass piece of monkey crap.

Jason, I’ve known you for what seems like forever to me. Then again, you fucking debuted talking your head off and spouting asinine slogans and fun catch phrases for all the fans to sing along. Good for you Jason…you have officially kissed enough asses that the fans love you again! I mean, yeah you were a cheating ass hole for awhile there…but I mean, the hypocritical fans out there will cheer for anyone who is desperate enough for fucking attention that he is willing to pander to the lowest common denominator.

Honestly Jason, your fun and games and little slogans were cute and fun for awhile. I mean, I admit it, I chuckled a few times when you did something amazing and then yelled “beat that!” But after the 4,000th time that you fucking scream something stupid like that…after the 4,001st time that someone fucking levels you with a chair after you scream “beat that!”…you’d figure that you would get the hint…

“Maybe I shouldn’t be begging for someone to beat whatever move I just pulled off…because 9 times out of 10, I normally get my fucking ass handed to me after saying something stupid.”

Jason Hawk…defying the most basic tenements of human evolution since the year 2007…

Birdman…I am going to make sure that you are given a proper send-off for your last match here in IWF and the last match of your professional wrestling career. As one of two guys who are able to say that they have known you since pretty much the beginning of their careers (Ryan Apollos being the other one who can boast such a claim), I can honestly say that me being your final opponent is only fitting. Ryan Apollos was your first PPV loss when you debuted in NLWF…and Corey Casey will be your last loss in your professional career…

Now how’s that for the circle of life?
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Unleashing the SYCO
Page 1 of 1