Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speaking to Mother

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Speaking to Mother Empty
PostSubject: Speaking to Mother   Speaking to Mother I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 pm

"It's fine, mother."

William had not spoken to his mother since he had told her he would be travelling to America, over a month ago. While William had seen the trip as a business opportunity, a chance to further his career and find greater competition, he wasn't fired up about the journey, not by any stretch. Like the other members of the Right Honourable Gentlemen, William thought America a filthy pool of ingrates and degenerates. His mother however, was a different story.

"I don't understand it, William. You have a glorious opportunity. You're in America. THink of all the things you can do there that you aren't free to do in England."

"What, get fat and vote piss poor, inept leaders into office?"

"Oh, come off it. It's supposed to be the land of opportunity. Take advantage of it, William."

"I have. Have you not been watching IWF?"

"Please. Attacking innocent people is hardly what I mean by taking advantage of your opportunities."

"So what do you mean?"

William speaks through gritted teeth. He tries to remain as polite as possible, but it's so difficult. She's so stubborn sometimes. She had always spoken of travelling to America herself, but never did, "because of her age." When William had told her he would be going there for some time, she was thrilled. She constantly spoke of "opportunity." As if WIlliam did not have those same chances in England.

"Don't use that tone with me, young man."

William shakes his head.

"Apologies."

There's silence on the other end, except for a small "humph" from his mother.

"You're growing up, William."

"Yes."

"But you are the only son your father ever had. It is your duty to keep the family line going."

"Mother, I'm only twenty-two. I have plenty of time."

"I know. But you have opportunity. You're in America, William. Why not try and find a young woman, a pretty thing to take home to England. Someone who can bear you a son."

"I will never marry one of these American pigs."

"William, isn't it time you gave up that selfish bias of yours?"

"I beg your pardon? Bias?"

"Please, William. You hate that country and everything it stands for, but give no reason why. It's all because of that Blackwing fellow."

"Do not speak ill of Lord Blackwing. He is a great man."

"He was a friend of your father. But I stand by what I've always said. I don't think his intentions are right."

"His intentions are noble, and honourable. He is a true gentleman, and I hope to be half the man he is."

"William, do you ever wonder why girls in England never took interest in you?"

"How in the blazes should I know that?"

"Because you're so arrogant! You are too proud, William! You expect too much, and you don't realize nobody will ever meet those standards!"

"You told me yourself to have high standards."

"Yes, William, and I meant you need to find yourself a woman who knows how to live as a lady, one who can raise children as proper young men and women. Not a peasant girl who is totally clueless in the ways of noble English life."

"And you think an American girl knows this?"

"She can learn. Please, William. At least give it a chance. You never know, you might find your poor old mother a daughter-in-law. You might find a girl who can give me a grandson-"

"Good God, woman, is that all you care about? It's all about carrying on the name, isn't it? All about getting married as soon as I can, just so you can have your precious grandchild? What about me, mum? Have I no say in the matter?"

"I thought it was what you wanted, William. i thought you wanted to continue the line."

"Yes, of course. It is my duty to the Darlington name. It is the gentlemanly thing to do. But must I choose so soon? Do I not have time to live first?"

"I...of course, William"

William suddenly feels a surge of guilt. His mother had fallen silent. She had given in. Whenever she grew tired of arguing, or simply had nothing left to say, she would drop those three words, and it signalled the end of the coversation. "Of course, William."

At least the woman knew her place.

"Just...do what you need to do, William."

"Yes....yes, of course."

William was shaken. He hated when his mother tried to make him feel guilty. But she was an expert at it...and yet, despite the dirty tricks, she managed to keep that aura of elegance about her.

"I must go."

"Yes. Good-bye, William. Do take care."

I hang up the phone, slumping into the seat in the hotel. She did make a point, though. With three older sisters, it was up to me to carry on the noble Darlington name. It did not matter whether my sisters married or not. As the last remaining male member of the line, it was my duty to bring a son into the world...someone who would take on the Darlington name. It was a lot of pressure...but it was my duty. I had no choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well now. My time has finally come. In my first week here, I destroyed Mr. Axel, earning me a spot in this four-way match, for the Full Throttle Title.

Somebody honestly tried to tell me that I don't deserve to be here. Tried to tell me that the only reason I'm here is because I attacked AJ Reckless. Put the chap out with an injury, leaving the spot open for me to take.

But allow me to explain my actions. I eliminated one man...and took his place. Is that so different from defeating him in the ring?

In my eyes, I defeated not only Axel, but Reckless as well, in order to get into this match at Demolition Day. What, as if you would have rather seen Reckless as the Full Throttle Champion?

I am the best candidate for this new title. Four men...and the only man more worthy than myself to hold such a prize is the man who has already thrown his support behind me.

Lord Blackwing is a man I respect, and you all should do the same. But of course, in typical American fashion, you refuse to acknowledge your betters. Typical American ignorance, believing themselves better than anyone else. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

That is why it will put a wide smile on my face when you ignorant worms are forced to look upon a true champion at the end of Demolition Day. You will have a Full Throttle Champion you can be proud of.

William Darlington.

England's Favourite Son.

Back to top Go down

Speaking to Mother
Page 1 of 1