Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All Empty
PostSubject: The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All   The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Prologue: Respect Where It’s Due.

Gotta hand it to Ruben, th'guys a class act. Somethin' about'em makes me glad I joined IWF. If I get competition like this comin' in I can't wait t'see what else they throw me way next. But another match is done...and now it's time fer me to prepare me'self for the Pay Per View. I gotta put me belt on th'line against a big ass mother fucker, and a guy who's makin' his return. Lemme tell ya this: I fought me arse off for this belt and I don't plan on losin' it this early. So if th'lads want this belt...they can come n'get it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connor O’Shannon: Yeah, everything is great here Ma. Yeah...South Boston has some nice houses out here. With th'check I got from Chuck this is going to be a nice little place of me own.

I smirk and shake my head.

Connor O’Shannon: Yes, it won't take me that long t'get from here to the pub Ma.

I laugh some and shake my head.

Connor O’Shannon: I'll be sure to come visit ya each and every time I get a week off Ma. Okay.......Alright.......Tell Da I said hi.......Okay......Bye.

I hang up the phone and look around th'place. Not too bad, I got the T.V. up...the couch was in...and I was all alone. If I was a desperate man I would have called up a prostitute. The moving process was complete and now I could settle down. IWF was going to be a great start for me and I didn't want it to be ruined. This was the first time I felt nervous. What if I didn't do okay? What if they fired me?! COME ON CONNOR, these are the people that flicked Nicky Boy off and gave'em a big "FUCK YOU!!!!" They had some common sense.

Then I started t'think: "What if I don't have it anymore." I've been out of wrestling for two years...what if ol'Connor didn't have the killer instinct he had when he won the NLWF Championship. When I was young and ready to take on practically EVERYONE! Th'Connor who's th'one who took out the cancer once before. That Connor...was the best one I had seen in awhile. This Connor second guessed himself each night...that's something that'll get a lad killed...that's for sure.

But then I remembered my travels, back when I went to find me'self again. I had to break me'self down inorder to rebuild. The reconstruction process was somethin' t'behold wasn't it? Ah man...Brazil was crazy, the heat, the women, the training...the rush of fighting was amazing. I can see why MMA is so popular now. I wonder if Brandon MacDonald can get me a connection into th'UFC...nah, I don't wanna be a brown noser...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston, Massachusetts
Home...
10:03 a.m.

I keep myself from showing some sort of sadness. It was hard to say goodbye again, but they understood me. They knew I had to do what I felt was best. There was no harm in that yeah? The goodbyes were short and sweet...just how I wanted them t'be. Th'three of us stood outside of th'pub. There was a small silence...I nod my head at them and smile.

Connor O’Shannon: I guess this is a short goodbye...

Da: Yeah, seems like it...

Connor O’Shannon: ...I'll be sure to send ya a text or somethin'...

Da: Ya do that son...

He pats me on the shoulder and smiles lightly. He walks inside, Ma stood there looking at me with a smile.

Ma: You eat well, and I better get somethin' from you to know you're okay. Ya can't go to another country and expect to come out without a scratch yeah...?

Connor O’Shannon: Aye.

She runs her hand over my face and looks at me with this semi-happy glance. She walks off and lets me go. Ah...it felt like I’d done this all before y’know? Apart of me...it was sad...finally coming home and seein’ everyone made life great. Then...the other part was happy, because I found a purpose in me life for the first time since I left NLWF. Now I could do something I knew I would enjoy.

Now all I had to do was find this training place. Jacob...uh...JACOB B--Byron Jacobs! That’s the name of th’lad. I looked at the card that I had in me pocket. I didn’t know if I could trust’em or not. Even though he was a wigger, I had this feeling he was truthful. Ah, sometimes I could kick me’self in the crotch for trustin’ strangers. I would have been horrible if I was eight and a guy dressed as a clown offered me candy and balloons in the back o’his van.

Anyway, I made my route to Brazil. I hopped in the cab and looked back. Suddenly Ma runs from th’pub. I roll th’window down and she places somethin’ around me neck. It was a Celtic cross...she smiled at me.

Ma: That belonged to yer grandfather...he gave it to me when we came here. It should bring ya luck...

I look at it, I slowly look down at it and chuckle. I look back up at her and leans in and kiss her cheek.

Connor O’Shannon: WISH ME LUCK! ONWARD YA CAB MONKEY!

The car zooms off to the airport. There was a lot to accomplish. I would be coming back home...nothing would stop me and God as my witness...I was GOING to come back stronger than ever!!! And so the story begins. What th’fuck do you mean “REALLY?!” Jesus you people reading this ask for a lot. Neutral Here’s the TRUE story...

The Hard Road To Success...or...The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All

Chapter I
Curitiba, Brazil
Now Arriving...
12:53 p.m.

This is Brazil huh? Pretty peaceful lookin’ set up they got around here yeah? It was kind of a beautiful sight, wouldn’t mind stayin’ here for awhile. First thing was first, I'd have to settle down somewhere...a nice place...but where th'fuck was I gonna go? I looked around the city of Curitiba. I looked around the street...with me bags in me hands.

Connor O’Shannon: TAXI!

The cab zooms by me like I wasn't there.

Connor O’Shannon: TAXI PLEASE?!

This didn't seem to work...

Connor O’Shannon: EXCUSE ME! OI!!!

I wave my arms up and down, one stops for me. I sigh and open the door and get in with me bags.

Connor O’Shannon: Finally someone stopped, can you take me to the nearest hotel...?

Cabby: O quê?

Connor O’Shannon: Hotel...need to go...?

Cabby: Não falo Inglês ...

I lower my head and sigh, this was gettin' me nowhere.

Connor O’Shannon: I...go...rest...hotel...sleep?!

Cabby: Oh, sleep?

I nod my head frantically, he nods his back and smiles and starts to drive.

Connor O’Shannon: Thank you Lord...

We started to drive...and slowly I noticed we were going in a circle. He passed by the same store I saw twice and made the same U-Turn four times. I lean forward in the chair.

Connor O’Shannon: I need to rest...sleep...?!

Cabby: Sim, you sleep.

Connor O’Shannon: JESUS! STOP THE CAB!

I get out of the taxi cab and take my bags. The driver lowers his window.

Cabby: HEY, YOU PAY!

Connor O’Shannon: OH BLOW IT OUTTA YER ASS!!!

Oh this was GREAT, just PERFECT, I step off the plane and end up lost. It looked like I'd be walking from here...son of a bitch.

Chapter II
Curitiba, Brazil
Lost Out Of Me Fuckin' Mind
I don't care, nor do I give a shit right now...

Seemed like I had be roaming around this fuckin' place for awhile now. And it appeared I wouldn't be able t'find that fuckin' hotel room. Fuck me luck...God, did I do somethin' t'piss ya off? If so I'm sorry, PLEASE let me out of this thing alive.

Connor O’Shannon: Excuse me can you help me--

Native: Não Inglês

Connor O’Shannon: Okay thanks. Uh excuse me SIR!

Native #2: Não Inglês

Connor O’Shannon: DO ANY OF YOU KNOW A BIT OF FUCKIN' ENGLISH?!

? ? ?: You lost?

A guy stood behind me with a bag of groceries. He was tall and looked like he wasn't from here, but from the way his skin was tanned it looked like he'd been living here for awhile. He was about my size, but a bit leaner. His hair was black and styled some. He wore a black necklace with a gray shirt and black board shorts with a pair of sandals on his feet.

Connor O’Shannon: Yeah, um, do you know where the nearest hotel is...?

? ? ?: Yeah, uh, you keep walking straight and then take a left turn down there.

He points behind me, I turn around slowly.

? ? ?: Once you make that left there's a nice hotel there, and you'll be fine.

Connor O’Shannon: Thanks mate.

? ? ?: First time coming here huh?

Connor O’Shannon: I guess you can tell yea?

? ? ?: Yeah, you're sweaty, pissed off and need a cold drink.

Connor O’Shannon: Ya read me fuckin' mind there mate.

? ? ?: I'm Byron...nice to meet you.

He holds his hand out with a smirk.

Connor O’Shannon: Huh...

Now this was the part in the fuckin' story where I go "GEE, what a coincidence, this might be the Byron I had to find!" but right now...I need a stiff cold beer and a bath so excuse me for not being surprised.

Connor O’Shannon: Do you know a guy named Slim?

THE Byron Jacobs ?: Slim? You know Sonny?! Ha! I haven't heard from him since he visited two months ago. He ended up getting thrown out of this club after he felt up this one chick's ass and grabbed a hunk of it. The girl's boyfriend socked him in the face. Ah...that was some fucking fun dude.

Connor O’Shannon: Well he got locked up a week back.

Byron Jacobs: Uh huh...Sonny doesn't know when to get out of trouble. He's one of my best friends, we made a promise, if I get famous and move on to the UFC, he'd stop making and ass out of himself in public. Looks like he ended up short on that part of the bargain.

Byron chuckled lightly and looked at me. He eyes me up and down with his dark hues.

Byron Jacobs: So why'd he tell you about me?

Connor O’Shannon: Well he says you're a part of the Chute Boxe Academy.

Byron Jacobs: OH, so you wanna join...?

Connor O’Shannon: I'll try anything once.

Byron Jacobs: Well with that attitude...you're a perfect fit. Come on, I'll buy you a beer.

BEER?! That was music to me ears.

Connor O’Shannon: You got yer'self a deal! Lead th'way!

I followed him, the taste of beer and promise of sleep gave me the motivation!

Chapter III
Curitiba, Brazil
Gettin' Me Drink On!!
6:35 p.m.

Before we went to the bar we ended up having me register inside of the hotel. Carrying bags around with me seemed pretty stupid. We went to a local bar and sat down and shared a nice cold beer. We shared stories, talked about chicks...guy stuff.

Connor O’Shannon: And so, I pour the beer on his face and he started to cry like a little fuckin' girl.

Byron Jacobs: Man...

Connor O’Shannon: You don't know the half o'it. I use to wrestle...had everything goin' me way before the "boss" decided to turn everything into shit. So I ended up with no job, and I had to move back t'Boston with me parents in their pub. Th'work made me antsy. I end up in jail, get th'card, and I here I am.

Byron Jacobs: Look, shit happens and we need to do certain things to get by. I was in the same boat, I was a kickboxing champ back then. I broke my leg in two places after a training accident and didn't think I would fight again. But my dad told me, "You can lay in bed and act like you're a cripple your entire life. Or you can move on and keep fighting to get back to the way things were." After that...I decided I wanted to get into mixed martial arts. Chute Boxe Academy is amazing, the Ruas, they're amazing. There's so much history there you just can't beat something like that. You'll love it there...it's awesome.

Connor O’Shannon: Huh.

I chug my bottle of beer and smirk looking at the bottle.

Connor O’Shannon: Well if I make it through th'trainin' we'll see...

Byron pats me on the back some.

Connor O’Shannon: GET ME ANOTHER BEER PLEASE?!

Byron Jacobs: Um...mais bebidas, por favor?

The bartender walks away from me and Byron.

Byron Jacobs: Tell me more about this Nick guy, he seems like a dick.

Connor O’Shannon: THE BIGGEST!!!! Th'lad at the balls to set me on fire in one of th'shows.

Byron Jacobs: Really??

Connor O’Shannon: In a casket...

Byron Jacobs: Get the fuck out...

Connor O’Shannon: True story.

And that started our friendship...what you want more?! WHY?! Can't you wait until next time?! Look I don't give a fuck if this seems a little short, I've got a hangover!!!

My First Title Defense...YAY!!! Very Happy

There's one thing I learned when I wrestled back in NLWF. You never underestimate your opponents. Even if your opponent is a big ass giant who can't ride on airplanes. And the other's been M.I.A. since I was in the company. NEVER...and I mean never underestimate th'people ya face in a match because like it or not they can walk away with yer belt. Take th'big guy...Death Angel. I remember ya mate...yeah we faced off once and that was the end o'that. I just want to clear somethin' up fer ya...because I think you're kinda confused.

I'm not the same Connor that I was back in NLWF where I let little people get in me head. No I'm the Connor who's the first ever champion in IWF history. With that being said, I can't allow me'self to fall t'ya. Even if you're big as fuck and could eat two of me if you had the time and motivation!

The point is... Razz

You're the one people believe will take this belt from me. Why do people believe that? I don't fuckin' know nor do I give two shits. I'm not th'type to lay down for someone like I'm a two bit whore from Thailand. I'm coming in...the first champion...and let's not FORGET making my first title defense at Demolition against you Angel.

So here's what's going to happen, I'm going to walk out there and let you feel confident. I'm gonna give you all the drive ya can get. Because you're big, you're powerful, you've got the makin' of a great champion someday. But lad...tonight isn't going to be your night once I step into that ring. You're not in NLWF, you ain't the big bad man who's on campus. Your ego ain't gonna win ya any belts.

I want you to really think about this Angel. Think about what yer gettin' yer'self into. You're facing a dedicated me. Someone who wants IWF to be the best. Someone who will fight for this place, bleed for this place, even if it means I can never compete again. Because mate, I want to go out like a champion. I'm no coward, don't mistake me fer one of these fast talkin' little shits here who've got their mind set on one thing.

Angel, you're lookin' at an Irish bastard who's going to keep on yer ass no matter the cause. I want this place t'remember me for what I did, for what I fought for. Those people who thought I was done? Those people are gone. Those people who said...I wouldn't come back to wrestling, those fuckers are eatin' their words and their shit is comin' out HARD! Angel...understand this...if ya want me belt...pry it from me pale hands...because I don't think I'm willin' to give it up so soon...

NOW ON TO RYAN APOLLOS!!! Very Happy

Mister Apollos let me be the first to say...HELLO! We're never met, so this is gonna be a little awkward. Th'name's Connor, and to you I'm just some guy who's holdin' a belt ya want. Well Ryan when they showed the mystery third man I thought it'd be someone from the past. But YOU...you're from the past ain't ya? Back then you were in NLWF you were on the raise, and then people wanted to ruin your good name.

They felt like they HAD to end you Ryan. Whatever the reason they believed you were the cause of anything bad that happened to NLWF. So then you reappear, a new man READY to take on anyone you can...to prove your worth. I'll be th'first t'say you don't gotta prove anythin' to me mate. In fact, don't even worry about this belt...imagine you're fighting for something you love.

Imagine yer fightin' for your job back. The one thing you were good at, FIGHT for it. Not for this belt I've got hangin' around me waist. I want you to give me whatever the fuck you can throw at me. I'm insane like that, I LOVE fighting! You meet new people, you enjoy new experiences...that's why I came back...because IWF promised me that I would get that feelin' again. Th'blood in me veins would rush, you know--I would feel...HAPPY! Chuck and Corey promised me that...and I'm grateful that they let me back into their domain.

If the people want to see me win this match, then so be it. It might sound cocky now, but believe me mates…I’ve got the upmost confidence right now. No one can ruin this moment for me…not even Nick FUCKIN’ Ridicule himself. So now what's left t'say? WELL, all there is to say is that I'm going to be fightin' me ass off. Enjoy yerselves boys you're in the big time now! No one is going to judge you...just make sure...you hit me with everything you go. Don't hold back...and don't back down.

Show Me What You're Made Of.

Fade. Static. End.
Back to top Go down

The Story I Was Too Drunk To Tell You All
Page 1 of 1