Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gianni's Father

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gianni's Father Empty
PostSubject: Gianni's Father   Gianni's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I sat down at the massive table as I stared around the room. Expensive-looking paintings hung up all over the wall

Giancarlo Giordano
You like them?

I looked over at Gianni's dad. He was standing in the doorway looking at me look at his paintings. I smiled at him as he walked over to another chair and sat down.

Anna Stone
They're beautiful

Giancarlo Giordano
Yes, I think so as well. I have a weakness for art, as you can likely tell from this house.

Anna Stone
Yeah, I sort of gathered that. It's a lovely house though.

Giancarlo Giordano
Yes yes, it is. Although I cannot help but feel like you aren't sure what to think of all this

I guess he was right. It was a beautiful house and everything, but everything about it was illegal. It was funded through criminal activity, some of the stuff had probably been stolen.

Anna Stone
Yeah, well I'm sure I'll get used to it. This whole organized crime business is all new to me.

Giancarlo Giordano
As it always is with every new person who walks into this house. It's a different business, that's for certain.

Anna Stone
Yeah, it really is. I'm just not used to it at all really.

Giancarlo Giordano
Nobody ever is. You seem oddly comfortable with it though

Anna Stone
Well I guess I am. I mean, at first I was kind of freaked out about it. But after really thinking about it, I mean, it's your family business. So I can't really judge you on that. It may be illegal and wrong, but at the same time, you're just doing what you need to for your family.

Giancarlo Giordano
Exactly. It's very hard for people to understand that. My goal is not to break as many laws as I can in as quick a time as I can. My goal is to provide for my family. Just because my family extends to be quite a large family, does not make me any less responsible to take care of them. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to do that.

Anna Stone
Yeah, that's what I eventually figured out. So that's why I'm not that worried or freaked out about it.

Giancarlo Giordano
You're already much better than any of the other girls that Gianni has brought home. They're always the dumbest girls who aren't even aware of what he does. Then when they find out, they freak out and run away.

Anna Stone
Yeah, well I'm not going anywhere, that's for sure

Giancarlo Giordano
That's good to hear. So Anna, tell me a bit about yourself. Gianni hasn't told me much.

That didn't surprise me. I knew Gianni was hesitant to tell his dad about anything that had to do with me, because he was afraid that his dad might not like me. But everything was going great so far. His dad seemed really nice. Yes he was scary looking, and very intimidating, I didn't feel threatened by him at all or anything.

Anna Stone
Well, I'm from Canada, but I've lived in the States for almost two years now. My dad's from Palermo, but he and his family moved to Canada when he was five, so he's been in Canada ever since. Lets see, well I went to university in Canada and got my business degree, ran a radio station for a while. I started dating someone in the wrestling business, and actually married him, so that's how I really got into wrestling. He trained me for a while, and then eventually I felt good enough to step into the ring and actually wrestle. Now I'm pretty good if I do say so myself.

Giancarlo Giordano
Yes, that was one thing that Gianni did mention, you are quite the tough little lady I hear.

I giggled a bit. Gianni was so nice to me.

Anna Stone
Yep! I try my hardest

Giancarlo Giordano
So you were married?

Anna Stone
Yeah, but it didn't work out. We cheated on each other, we realized we were better friends than we were husband and wife. So we had a pretty peaceful divorce.

Giancarlo Giordano
Well that's good. I'm not a fan of divorce, but that's because I had a messy one with my ex-wife. I'm sure everything worked out well for you

Anna Stone
Yeah, Brandon and I are still really good friends, which I'm glad. We dated in high school so I would've hated to lose him. After all that history, you never really stop being in love with someone. You just realize you might love them in a different way.

Giancarlo Giordano
You say Brandon? Is he in the wrestling business as well?

Anna Stone
Yeah, and acting, and basically everything. Brandon Macdonald, he does everything.

Giancarlo looked at me strangely, as if he was remembering something. He stared off into space for a minute before snapping out of it.

Giancarlo Giordano
Brandon Macdonald…Macdonald, why does that name sounds so familiar?

I shrugged. He had probably heard it somewhere, Brandon was pretty popular and well-known.

Anna Stone
Like I said, he basically does everything, so maybe you've heard of him before.

Giancarlo Giordano
No, no, it's not that. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

I leaned back in my chair and looked at the door. Gianni was just doing something, so I was waiting for him to get back.

Giancarlo Giordano
I'll be honest Ms. Stone, I like you a lot more than any of the other girls that Gianni has brought around. You seem like the perfect girl for him.

Anna Stone
Well, I love Gianni. He's so nice, and sweet, and caring. And when I'm with him, it just feels right you know? I feel like he's the guy that I want to spend the rest of my life with. And trust me, I've been through a lot of men lately, and none of them were like Gianni

Giancarlo Giordano
Well I'm glad. I believe you would be a great addition to our family. Of course, if that's what you wish.

I would love that so much. At first I was uncomfortable with the whole organized crime thing, but after talking about it a lot with Gianni, and now meeting his dad, and just seeing what it's all about, I wasn't so uncomfortable with it anymore.

Anna Stone
Yeah I would love that. Of course, we'll have to see how Gianni and I keep going, but I love him so much, and I think we'd be a great family

Giancarlo Giordano
Indeed. And if there's one thing that I love more than my work, it's family.

Anna Stone
Can I ask what happened with you and your ex-wife?

Giancarlo hesitated a bit. I could tell that I tread on something that he didn't really want to talk about.

Anna Stone
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to…

Giancarlo Giordano
No it's okay. It's a long story, but to make it short, we had a lot of disagreements. We argued a lot, I think she was afraid of the business a little bit, as the family grew larger and larger, she became more scared. So eventually she wanted out, but she wanted to take a lot of money that she did not deserve. So we had a nasty divorce that went to court. She dragged it out by accusing me of bribing and using my power to influence the court's decision to give her nothing. Eventually she used up all of her options, and she vanished.

Anna Stone
What happened to her?

Giancarlo Giordano
Nobody really knows. She just wasn't ever heard from again.

I wanted to press him for more, but I figured he didn't want to talk about it. I was pretty curious, but again, I was going to hold my tongue on this one. And if he had anything to do with her vanishing, I'm not sure I even wanted to know.

Anna Stone
Can I ask you something? Again you don't have to answer me obviously.

Giancarlo Giordano
Sure, what's your question?

Anna Stone
Did you get involved in the divorce court process or whatever?

Giancarlo smiled at me, then leaned back and sighed.

Giancarlo Giordano
Truthfully, I did not. I knew that I was right, and I didn't want anyone to feel like I cheated. So I didn't pay anyone off, or use any of my influence. I just won the court battles fair and square.

Anna Stone
That's pretty good of you I think

Giancarlo Giordano
Yes, I thought so too. But that's how that went. Anything else you'd like to know?

I thought about it. I think I had basically asked all the questions I had. Well, except for one. And I guess no time was better than now.

Anna Stone
Just one. I guess I just wanted to know whether or not, if Gianni and I stay together, if you expect me to join the family or something?

Giancarlo Giordano
That's a fair question. Obviously you're a woman, which means that you wouldn't be expected to join the family or anything. As you probably know, there are no women in the family, but you'd be with Gianni. So when I'm gone, and he is the Boss, you'd obviously be expected to be involved in a big way. Could you handle that? Because while I don't mean to be rude, but if you can't handle that, then you might as well stop now, rather than string Gianni and yourself on for the next however long.

I thought about it for a moment. This was a huge commitment that I had to make. I mean, I loved Gianni so much. But did I really want to be involved with the head of a crime family syndicate? I'd be involved with someone who would be committing crimes and basically just living an illegal lifestyle. But then, I'd be living an illegal lifestyle.

But love trumps all

And I loved Gianni. So it was an easy decision for me to make.

Anna Stone
Yes. I could handle that.

Giancarlo Giordano
Good. Because I'm giving you and Gianni my full blessing. Whatever you decide to do in the end, I'll support it. I like you Anna. Know I don't say that very often to someone who isn't in this family.

Anna Stone
Well thank you. I'm glad you like me. I was pretty worried that you weren't.

Giancarlo Giordano
I bet Gianni was more worried, wasn't he?

Anna Stone
Of course he was.

Giancarlo Giordano
It doesn't surprise me. But maybe if he brought home more girls like you, then I wouldn't always be so skeptical.

Anna Stone
Well if he brought home more like me, then we wouldn't have ever met!

Giancarlo Giordano
This is true

Gianni Giordano
Looks like you two are really hitting it off without me

I looked over as Gianni had walked into the room. He walked over to me and picked me up, before sitting down and pulling me onto his lap. I turned my head and kissed him quickly.

Giancarlo Giordano
I was just telling young Ms. Stone here that I've given the two of you my full blessing. You've finally got yourself a good one Gianni. Don't you dare lose her.

Gianni and I laughed as I smiled at Giancarlo

Gianni Giordano
Thanks dad, I'll do whatever it takes to keep her by my side.

Anna Stone
Just keep being amazing and that won't be a problem.

Gianni smiled and kissed me again. Giancarlo began to walk towards the door.

Giancarlo Giordano
You two have fun now. Gianni show her the rest of the house. That should take you quite some time. I have to go meet Justin and give him some news. I've been informed that they have knowledge of his whereabouts, so I need to get him to move.

As Giancarlo began to walk to the door, he stopped for a moment and looked back at me.

Giancarlo Giordano
Oh right. That's where I recognize Brandon from. Justin mentioned him. I guess he knew Brandon back in high school.

Anna Stone
Justin who?

Giancarlo Giordano
Lamoureux. Justin Lamoureux

Giancarlo walked out the door, leaving me to sit there in stunned silence. I couldn't believe it. Gianni looked at me.

Gianni Giordano
Anna…are you okay?

I snapped out of it

Anna Stone
What? Oh…yeah

Gianni Giordano
Did you know Justin?

Did I know Justin? I thought back to the last time I had spoken to one of my good friends in high school.

---

I was sitting in the office of a police station. I couldn't believe how far things had come. How did Brandon and I get so deep? This drug business was bad, and we knew it from the start. But these last few days had just been crazier than anyone had ever imagined. A simple drug deal turned into me getting touched in front of my boyfriend with a gun to my head. Then both Brandon and I getting charged with murder. And now here we were, about to talk to our friend Justin, who was the ringleader of out drug gang. He had fled, the police had no idea where he was, and we were trying to help them find him, as part of a plea bargain. I felt bad because I really liked Justin, but I wasn't about to go to jail.

I looked over as Brandon's phone rang. He looked at me, then over at Officer Johnson, who was the lead investigator on this case. He nodded, and Brandon answered his phone

Brandon Macdonald
Hello?

Justin Lamoureux
It's Justin man

Brandon Macdonald
Hey how's it going dude?

Justin Lamoureux
Pretty solid. So listen, lets cut right to the chase. Who've they got tracing this call, is it Johnson?

Officer Johnson let out an exasperated sigh as Brandon looked at him. So much for trying to catch Justin off guard.

Brandon Macdonald
I'm sorry Justin, I'm really sorry.

Justin Lamoureux
Hey man, it's all good. I knew you and Anna were never really that comfortable with this drug business. It wasn't for you, and that's cool. I'm glad you're getting out, it's not a great thing man. As you've seen these last few days.

Brandon Macdonald
Yeah man. I'm sorry for selling you out. But Anna and I couldn't go to jail.

Justin Lamoureux
Of course man, I understand. They'll never catch me anyways. They'll try to trace this call, but it's not going to work. Hey since they're recording this, I might as well make my confession. Brandon Macdonald and Anna Stone were no part of this crime. I murdered Chris, with a baseball bat smash to the head. Brandon and Anna were not involved, in fact, they attempted to convince me not to do it. They're completely innocent of this crime. How's that for a confession?

I was so happy with Justin right now, I could just scream.

Brandon Macdonald
Thank you Justin

Justin Lamoureux
Don't mention it Brandon. You and Anna have a better life to live than one of jail time. Spend it together. The two of you are perfect for each other. I don't think I've seen a better couple in my life, and I hope you two are never apart.

I smiled as I looked at Brandon. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. I really did love him. So much. I don't know what I would do without him.

Brandon Macdonald
Thank you Justin. That means a lot, to both of us.

Justin Lamoureux
Don't mention it man

Brandon Macdonald
Will we ever see you again?

Justin Lamoureux
I don't know about that. I'm sure you'll hear from me here and there though. Anyways, time to go. Adios Brandon and Anna. It was really great knowing both of you. I'm glad I had friends like you. I loved both of you like my family, and I'm really going to miss you both.

Brandon Macdonald
We're going to miss you too Justin

Justin Lamoureux
Bye Brandon, bye Anna

And with that, the phone line went dead. Justin was gone, but not before he completed his last good deed for us in exonerating us from any wrongdoing.

---

I hadn't seen or heard from Justin since that day. Brandon apparently had been in contact with him early on, but I don't think he had heard from him in a decade. But this was insane. If this was the same Justin, which it had to be, then I was in shock.

Anna Stone
Justin and I were like, really good friends in high school

Gianni Giordano
No kidding? He found us about twelve years ago, just a teenager, but he had an amazing ability to deal drugs. He told us he needed protection, and that he was on the run. We agreed, as long as he would work for us as one of our drug partners. He's been with us ever since, and now he runs our entire drug department.

Anna Stone
That makes sense. Justin ran a local drug operation in high school. Brandon and I worked with him for a bit. We weren't involved in anything hard, just marijuana and stuff. But then we had one crazy weekend, and Justin ended up killing someone, and I never saw him again.

Gianni Giordano
I've actually heard that story, I had no idea that you were part of it! It really is a small world isn't it?

Anna Stone
Yeah, you're not kidding. Wow I still can't believe that.

Gianni Giordano
So you've actually got experience dealing in illegal things? I guess you'll have no problem fitting in here then, will you?

I never thought about it like that. I mean, obviously this was way different than a high school drug ring. But at the same time, Justin's drug ring basically ran all of Ottawa. It was pretty huge. Brandon and I just weren't that involved. But I was only 18 at the time. So I was really young. Now that I'm older, I guess I'd be able to move on to bigger and better things, right?

Anna Stone
Yeah, I guess I won't. Believe me Gianni, I just want to be with you, no matter what that means.

I leaned in and kissed him. I smiled as we broke the kiss. He picked me up onto his shoulder. I giggled as he carried me around the house.

Anna Stone
Where are you taking me you crazy man!

Gianni Giordano
We're going to the bedroom, where you belong!

Anna Stone
But daddy, I don't want to go to bed yet, I'm not tired!

I laughed again and smacked Gianni on his butt from his shoulder.

Gianni Giordano
That smack just earned you some more punishment young lady.

I giggled as he lead me around the house on his shoulder. The fun we had together was some of the most fun I've every had in my life. I just knew that Gianni was the man I'd love to spend the rest of my life with, and I hoped he felt the same way about me.

Back to top Go down

Gianni's Father
Page 1 of 1