Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Story - Chapter 5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

My Story - Chapter 5 Empty
PostSubject: My Story - Chapter 5   My Story - Chapter 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 pm

-------------------------------February 28th, 2010-------------------------------

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Brandon opened his eyes. He finds himself looking at the ceiling. He couldn't really see much, everything was blurry. He looked around as his vision slowly came back. He saw machines making sounds around him. He tried to sit up, but was unable to do so. He felt things coming out of his arms. He looked to his left, and found himself staring right into the eyes of Anna Macdonald.

Anna: "About time you woke up"

Brandon: "I'm glad you're happy to see me"

Anna leaned over and kissed him.

Anna: "Well, it's been a while"

Brandon: "How long?"

Anna: "Two weeks"

Brandon: "Actually?"

Anna: "Sure has. You lost a lot of blood from that gunshot wound."

Brandon looked down at his shoulder, which was heavily bandaged.

Brandon: "Oh yeah"

Anna: "Remember now?"

Brandon: "I'd rather not"

Anna: "Yeah. Well, you passed out in the desert. They choppered us to a hospital, and they got that bullet out of you. But they had to put you in a medically induced coma first."

Brandon: "Where are we now?"

Anna: "We're in good old Miami Florida"

Brandon: "We're back in the United States?"

Anna: "We sure are. Happy to be back?"

Brandon: "Dear god, you have no idea"

Anna: "Oh, I think I do. It's been a while since I've been here too, remember?"

Brandon: "I remember. Jesus Christ. We're actually back"

Anna: "I know. I can't believe it"

Brandon: "So how are you?"

Anna: "Don't worry about me. I'm perfectly fine"

Brandon: "Okay, well then how am I?"

Anna: "Doctors say you're fine. They got the bullet out, and it's healed up somewhat nicely. You'll always have a scar there, but at least its better than dying, right?"

Brandon: "Oh yeah."

Anna: "And other than that, you're fine"

Brandon: "When can we leave?"

Anna: "Probably tomorrow. The doctors said a day after you woke up. And you're awake."

Brandon: "That I am. Where's my family? Where's your family?"

Anna: "They've been here. I told them that we'd go visit once you're out"

Brandon: "Awesome. I wish I had some energy"

Anna: "You've been sleeping for two weeks. You should have nothing but energy"

Brandon: "I'm out of shape. I can't fight, I can't do anything"

Anna: "You have a UFC fight soon"

Brandon: "Are you serious?"

Anna: "Dead serious. Remember? It's your Hall of Fame fight"

Brandon: "That's soon? I have no idea what the date is"

Anna: "It's February twenty eighth"

Brandon: "We missed Valentines Day?"

Anna: "Unfortunately. But my birthday is tomorrow"

Brandon: "Holy shit, you're right. Well, what are the odds of that eh?"

Anna: "No idea. Probably pretty high, considering the timing of the coma"

Brandon: "I didn't get you a present, by the way"

Anna: "Your present to me is being alive."

Brandon: "Ah yes. Well, I guess I do have one for you then"

Anna: "Good. Anyways, you should get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day for us"

Brandon: "Yeah. Where have you been sleeping lately?"

Anna: "In here"

She pointed over to another bed, which had tons of blankets and pillows on it.

Anna: "I like to be comfortable while I wait for my baby"

Brandon: "Clearly. You deserve it babe"

Anna: "Thanks hun. Get some rest"

She kissed him on the cheek, before turning off the lights. Brandon lay his head back and closed his eyes, thinking only of Anna, listening to the sounds of the machines.

Brandon: "Hey Anna?"

Anna: "Yeah Brandon?"

Brandon: "Promise that we'll never go anywhere alone again?"

Anna: "I promise Brandon. We'll do everything together"

Brandon: "Good. I hate losing you"

Anna: "I hate losing you too"

-------------------------Next Morning-------------------------

Anna: "Wake up sleepyhead"

Brandon rolled over in his bed. The first thing he noticed was all of the needles and wires not attached to him anymore. He sat up slowly. He looked over at Anna, who was smiling.

Brandon: "Happy birthday babe"

Anna: "Thanks"

Brandon: "I can move!"

Anna: "But can you walk?"

Brandon slowly lowered his legs over the edge of the bed. He slowly put his weight on his feet, as Anna grabbed him and helped him stay balanced. He began to walk forward, with Anna supporting a lot of his weight.

Brandon: "Thanks babe. I think I got it from here"

Anna: "Are you sure?"

Anna began to support less and less of his weight as they walked over to the bathroom to change. By the time Brandon had changed into street clothes, he had full use of his legs. He walked slowly outside with Anna. He followed her to a car, and he hopped in the passenger's seat. Anna handed him something.

Anna: "I got you a new phone"

Brandon looked at it. He had hundreds of text messages.

Brandon: "Shit. Looks like you already set it up"

Anna: "Yeah, I had to transfer your old account to this one. So you have lots of messages"

Brandon: "No shit. Excuse me while I try to respond to all of these"

Brandon began to scroll through all of the texts. Most were from friends, NFL, UFC guys wishing him a quick recovery, etc. Obviously they had heard that he was back and injured. He still needed to meet with the military about the whole thing. He figured that he'd do that tomorrow. It was Anna's birthday. Suddenly, he had an idea. He texted his dad, who had just responded to one of his own texts.

To: Dad
Message: Can u book the So Cool eVenue for tonite? Anna's b-day

Brandon sent the message, and waited for his dad to respond. He looked over at Anna, who was staring at the road. She had some cuts and bruises on her face still. He remembered how she got those, and immediately looked away. She noticed.

Anna: "What's wrong?"

Brandon: "Your cuts, and bruises"

Anna: "Oh. Right....."

Brandon looked off to the side of the convertible, at the trees passing by

Anna: "Look, Brandon, that wasn't you. The real you saved my life. Don't get upset. You didn't know what was happening"

Brandon: "But I should have been stronger. I shouldn't have been so easily brainwashed"

Anna: "They did everything they were supposed to. They broke you down, and down, and down. I don't blame you for what happened, and neither should you"

Brandon: "I want to figure out who the genius was that killed a lookalike at Battle Behind Bars."

Anna: "We both know who that probably was"

Brandon nodded, as he looked down at his phone.

Message: "All booked. 8pm tonite, you better start inviting!

Brandon smiled, and began touching away on his iPhone. He wrote out a message, and sent it to all of his phone contacts, except Anna.

To: All Contacts
Message: Hey all, finally out of hospital, wound is healed nicely, thx for thoughts and prayers! Favour to ask u guys. Annas bday today, booked the So Cool eVenue in Miami tnight. Would b great if u all could come, if not, dont worry about it. Surprise party, so dont ruin it! Let me know! Brandon

Brandon sent the message, and watched as the sending bar began to move, as it sent it to the hundreds of contacts on his phone. He knew that there would be some people who couldn't make it, as it was very short notice. But he hoped that he'd get at least a few.

He looked over at Anna, who was again scanning the road.

Brandon: "So do we tell anyone what actually happened?"

Anna: "It's up to you."

Brandon: "I don't want anyone to get hurt. I think we should keep this inside"

Anna: "Just between the two of us?"

Brandon: "Yeah, exactly"

Anna: "That works for me"

Brandon: "We'll just tell them that we don't want to talk about the details"

Anna: "It's up to you. I was kidnapped the whole time. You rescued me and I shot the general, and we saved each other, remember?"

Brandon: "I remember"

Brandon's phone vibrated. He looked down and saw he had three new text messages.

Message: Good to hear Brandon! Glad you made it out okay, we were all pullin for you! I know a few of us have nothin better to do, since this lockout shit is going nowhere. Me and some guys will definitely be there for tonite. Talk to u then

Message: Dude, so glad your all good now! Cant wait to see Bones kick your ass in a month! but seriously, I'll be there tonight, some others will come too. cant wait to talk to you again. Chuckster

Message: I got yo DJ covered dog. Hope ur feelin ballin nigga, braap braap chyooo

Brandon laughed as he read the messages. Anna was going to have a great birthday party. The best part was, that they were both going to it together. In America. Even though he was pretty pissed at America as a whole right now, he'd rather be here than in Iraq.

They drove up to a hotel parking lot, and parked the car. Brandon slowly walked out and walked with Anna into the lobby, and up the elevator. Brandon leaned up against the wall as Anna looked at him.

Anna: "How are you going to be able to fight in three weeks? You can hardly walk"

Brandon: "I'll be fine, don't worry"

Anna: "Have you seen Bones Jones?"

Brandon: "He's at Jackson's isn't he?"

Anna: "He's phenomenal"

Brandon: "I saw him beat Vladimir that one time way back"

Anna: "Well, you've missed him beat the shit out of Ryan Bader"

Brandon: "He beat Bader?"

Anna: "Badly. Second round submission"

Brandon: "Why does he get a title shot then? I thought Rashad was next"

Anna: "Rashad got hurt in camp. Jones was given the spot"

Brandon: "Impressive. So he's good"

Anna: "He looked great. I watched his fights while you were sleeping. He literally has no weaknesses. And he is massive. He's got almost 9 inches of reach advantage on you"

Brandon: "Shit, that much eh?"

Anna: "Brandon, if you can hardly walk, how will you beat him?"

Brandon: "Maybe I won't"

Anna: "You think you might lose?"

Brandon: "No. But if I do, I would accept it. It had to happen some time, right?"

Anna: "Boy, someone's changed a bit, haven't they?"

Brandon: "I'm just more accepting of things I think. Losing doesn't seem as bad as it used to"

Anna: "As long as you try your best, and have fun"

Brandon: "Something like that"

The elevator came to a stop. Brandon walked with Anna into the hallway, and over to the door. She pulled out a key, and swiped it through, before opening the door. They walked in, heading to the living room. As soon as Brandon entered, he was hug attacked by both his and Anna's moms.

Mary: "Oh thank god you're okay, we've been worried sick about you"

Brandon: "I'd expect nothing less mom"

Mary: "So, you're fine now?"

Brandon: "Well, aside from this bullet scar, I think I'll be fine"

Mary: "Oh thank god. We heard about what happened. Brandon, we're so sorry-"

Brandon: "Mom, I'd rather not talk about it, okay?"

Mary: "Of course honey. If you don't want to then we won't"

Brandon: "Thanks. How's everything here?"

Mary: "Everything is pretty good. Your brother is on his way"

Brandon: "James?"

Mary: "Yeah. It's been a while since you two have talked hasn't it?"

Brandon: "Yeah, I don't think I've talked to him since our wedding"

Mary: "Well, he's excited to see you. Even as an adult, he still loves you more than anything"

Brandon: "Yeah, I can tell. Have you talked to him about what he's going to do this year? With this impending lockout?"

Mary: "No, I was hoping you'd be able to talk some ideas into him"

Brandon: "Yeah, I think I'll be able to talk him into something."

Brandon followed his mom into the kitchen, and sat down with Anna at his side. They ate some chicken that his mom had cooked. Brandon didn't need to eat much before he was completely full. He wondered how much he weighed. He quickly went into the bathroom, and found a scale. He stood on it. One eighty five. He was twenty or so pounds lighter than he should be. He walked back into the main room, and heard the door open. He turned around, and saw his brother James walking into the room.

Brandon: "James!"

James: "Brandon!"

Brandon ran over and hugged his brother quickly. He helped bring his bags into the hotel bedroom, and they went into the living room and sat down. Anna came and sat beside Brandon, as he looked over at James.

James: "Lookin skinny there Brandon"

Brandon: "If you'd been starved for two months, and then in a coma for weeks, so would you"

James: "Well, maybe not that skinny"

James was a naturally big guy. He was six foot two, but weighed about two hundred fifty pounds, of muscle. In high school, he was one of the big kids. He played defensive line in football, but didn't really play much. Wasn't a popular guy, so he hit the gym a lot with Brandon, until he ran away. It was then that he really started to get serious about football. He played amazing in his senior year of high school, got a scholarship to Ohio State University, and played there for four years, before being drafted in the second round of the NFL Draft in 2009, by the St. Louis Rams. He played for the 2009 and 2010 season. As of right now, the NFL was about to be locked out, which meant that James was out of a job.

Brandon: "Whatever you say James. So what have you lined up for work?"

James: "At the moment, nothing. Still praying for a deal. Why?"

Brandon: "We both know there will be no deal"

James: "I know, but I can hope"

Brandon: "True statement. Anyways, how'd you like to stay in shape, and have a great time?"

James: "Love it, but how?"

Brandon: "Come join a wrestling federation with me. We'd be unstoppable. Dude, if we got some training done, we're brothers, we'd have that advantage"

James: "I don't know Brandon, I mean, I have no wrestling training at all, or fighting in general"

Brandon: "Yeah, but you're a linebacker. One of the greatest wrestlers that I ever worked with used a tackle as his finisher for YEARS, and I guarantee yours would be harder than that"

James: "Yeah, but I don't know how anything works"

Brandon: "Dude, you forget that I'm a wrestling star. I'll teach you. It'll be fun"

James: "You'd train me?"

Brandon: "Of course I would. It would be awesome. We'd be the greatest duo ever"

James: "It sounds good, but when? And where?"

Brandon: "I don't know yet. I can train you anywhere. I'm pretty good, in case you forgot. Tell you what. We need to actually stay in touch. I know I haven't been much of a family guy in my life, but after Iraq, I think I'm ready to change that"

James: "I like the sound of that. And I like the sounds of us being the Dynamic Duo of wrestling. Even if it is just for a few months"

Brandon: "Well, trio if you count Anna. Speaking of which, how's your love life James?"

James: "Still dating, looking for a girl. Not working so well."

Brandon: "It'll happen. Just give it time"

James: "Yeah. Not everyone gets as perfect a relationship as you two have"

Brandon: "You'd call our relationship perfect?"

James: "Well, minus the ten years there"

Brandon: "Yeah, that's what I thought."

James: "But still, you're married. Isn't the end result all that matters? Who cares how you got there"

Brandon: "Yeah, I agree with that. The important thing is, we're together."

James: "Alright. I'm starving. I'm gonna go grab some food."

Brandon: "Alright, you got my text earlier right?"

James: "Yeah, of course. And I'll be there"

Brandon: "Alright, sweet."

Anna: "What did you text him?"

Brandon: "Oh, just something about football. A meeting with some guys for lockout issues"

Anna: "Why are you involved?"

Brandon: "They need some people with outside experience in legal issues. And I've been in a few, so they asked me. Plus, they want as many big name people as they can get"

Anna: "Makes sense I guess"

Brandon: "I don't know, they just asked me"

Anna: "Huh. So, you're back in the States. What do you want to do?"

Brandon: "Honestly? Just spend time with you babe"

Anna: "Well, how bout I surprise you with something?"

Brandon: "Does it involve food?"

Anna: "Yes."

Brandon: "Deal. By the way, I lost my wallet"

Anna: "Yeah, it's okay, I got you a new one"

She pulled out a wallet from her purse and handed it to Brandon. He looked through it all. She had replaced all of the essential cards that he needed. And it was a nice wallet.

Anna: "Come on, I'll drive"

Brandon followed Anna down the hotel elevator, and they walked out to their car. They pulled out, and headed for Miami Beach area. Brandon looked at Anna, who smiled back at him.

Anna: "So, yeah, about this surprise. I got a call the other day, while you were asleep. Surprised me"

Brandon: "Oh yeah, from who?"

Anna: "Ashley Matthews"

Brandon's smile disappeared. He looks back at Anna

Brandon: "What does she want?"

Anna: "She's in Miami. She wanted to have lunch with us today"

Brandon: "Why?"

Anna: "I don't know, maybe just as friends, maybe she wants to explain something"

Brandon: "I don't know. Why just her?"

Anna: "Oh, it's not just her, it's her boyfriend too"

Brandon: "I'm not going to see Nick"

Anna: "No, it isn't Nick"

Brandon: "Seriously?"

Anna: "Yeah, apparently she broke up with him. She's seeing someone else now"

Brandon: "Who?"

Anna: "You know Chad Mason?"

Brandon: "Seriously?"

Anna: "Yeah, apparently they are dating now"

Brandon: "Like, the same Chad Mason from the NLWF?"

Anna: "Apparently"

Brandon: "Wow, that's crazy"

Anna: "Yeah, I was surprised too"

Brandon: "Okay, well, if she got the sense to break up with Nick, then maybe she decided to apologize to us"

Anna: "That's what I was thinking. Chad seemed like a nice guy when I met him"

Brandon: "A bit of a shy guy, but still cool"

Anna: "A hell of a lot nicer than Nick"

Brandon: "Well, that doesn't take much"

Anna: "Anyways, we're supposed to meet her in like, ten minutes"

Brandon: "Where?"

Anna: "Remember that place we went to with Nick and Ashley way back then?"

Brandon: "Unfortunately"

Anna: "Yeah, we're going there"

Brandon: "Hurray"

Brandon turned back and watched the road. He sincerely hoped that Ashley had changed. He was mad at her yes, but he knew that he could forgive her, if only she did the right thing.

They arrived at the AltaMare restaurant a few minutes later. They parked and Brandon slowly climbed out of the car. He grabbed Anna's hand, and they walked into the restaurant. He followed as Anna went to the receptionist lady. He was surprised that he recognized her from the last time they were here, with Nick and Ashley so long ago.

Anna: "We're here to meet someone? Under Matthews for 4?"

The lady motioned for them to come in, and pointed at the table, which was far off into the corner. Brandon moved his eyes, and saw Ashley Matthews sitting down, with Chad Mason beside her. Brandon walked over, and Ashley saw them. She stood up and tried to not make too much eye contact with Brandon. They arrived at the table. Ashley hugged Anna, while Brandon extended his hand to Chad.

Brandon: "Nice to see you Chad"

Chad: "You too bro"

Brandon sat down and looked at Ashley. She looked back at him with a sad look in her eyes.

Ashley: "Hi Brandon"

Brandon: "Ashley"

Ashley: "I heard about what happened. Are you okay?"

Brandon: "I've been better"

Ashley stared at him. There was an awkward silence around the table.

Ashley: "Brandon, I'm so sorry"

Ashley began to cry. Chad quickly wrapped his arm around her and held her close.

Anna: "Ashley, Ashley, don't cry. It's okay"

Ashley wiped tears from her face, and looked up at Brandon.

Ashley: "Brandon, I'm so sorry. I only did what Nick told me. I was blinded by him. Everything I did, from kicking Anna at Majority Rules, to burning her at Battle Behind Bars, I did because Nick told me to. I know, I was such an idiot, but he made it seem so perfect at the time. I was so stupid"

Brandon: "You weren't the only one"

Ashley: "He had a way with getting people on his side. I don't know how he did it. But it was pretty extraordinary"

Brandon: "I know. He had me on his side for a while too. I need to ask you something Ashley. What happened before I left?"

Ashley: "Lots. Nick was angry at you for leaving. He made me angry at you. We were supposed to fight you two at Battle Grounds, and he really wanted to win, because I think he was angry that you retired him. He wanted to beat you for the first time. So when you left, he was pissed off. And so he made a plan. This was about two days before you left. Even though you never told him that you were leaving, he knew. He knew that you wouldn't show up at Battle Behind Bars. So he got Death-Angel. He threatened him with termination, to go out and kidnap Anna. So he agreed, and we waited until our match. He knew Gunther had taken over, and of course, made it seem like you had walked away, when, in reality, something was obviously wrong. So I just did what he told me and fought that match. Afterwords, when Death-Angel brought Anna out and Gunther, and I had to set them on fire, I almost couldn't do it. But Nick, he brainwashed me"

Brandon: "Yeah, I know what brainwashing is like. Did you know?"

Ashley: "Did I know what?"

Brandon: "Did you know that it wasn't Anna?"

Ashley: "When I saw her come out, I knew it wasn't. But I went along with it, because Corey and Nick both thought it was. That's why I wasn't quite as uncomfortable doing it. But after the show, when I told Nick that it wasn't Anna, he wouldn't listen"

Brandon: "Figures."

Ashley: "Look Brandon, I'm so sorry. I never thought it would end like it did"

Brandon: "It's okay Ashley. I forgive you."

Ashley stood up and walked over to Brandon and hugged him. Brandon hugged her back. She sat back down.

Brandon: "What happened with you and Nick?"

Ashley: "Lots of things. I finally realized who he was, and when the NLWF died, that was sort of the last straw"

Brandon: "The NLWF is dead?"

Ashley: "You haven't heard?"

Brandon: "Evidently not"

Ashley: "Battle Behind Bars was the last NLWF show we had. After that, there was supposed to be Ultimate Glory, but for some reason, Nick cancelled it, and locked himself up in his office, for days on end. He wasn't nice to me. The last straw was with Jason Hawk. He made me refuse to talk to him or anything, because he was having problems with him. So I just got fed up, and I stopped seeing him. I actually haven't seen him or talked to him in months. I told my dad that if he ever sees Nick, to tell him that I never want to speak to him again. I'm fed up with him."

Ashley grabbed Chad's hand, and squeezed it. He held her close as she bit her lip.

Anna: "So Chad, how did you and Ashley meet?"

Chad: "Well, to be honest, I had the biggest crush on Ashley when I was in the NLWF. But I guess I was too shy. I started taking speaking classes in school, and began to work on my confidence. Even though she was dating Nick, I figured like, why not. I thought I had finally gotten over my crush on her, when I actually saw her in a park, on a bench, crying. I walked over to her and comforted her, because that's what any bro would do. And we just sorta started hitting it off."

Ashley: "We found out that we have a lot more in common than we thought. And certainly more in common than Nick and I had. Like, we both love our families, and Chad and Dad get along a lot better than Nick and Dad used to"

Brandon: "That doesn't surprise me. It was hard for anyone to get along with Nick"

Ashley: "Yeah. But Chad is amazing. He actually cares for me more than himself."

Chad: "I try"

Anna: "That's so great. You two are awesome together"

Ashley: "Thanks Anna. Hopefully one day we can be like you two"

Anna: "Awwh, thanks. That means a lot"

Brandon: "So Ashley, do you know what's happening with the NLWF?"

Ashley: "As far as I know, Nick isn't going to close it. But it's not going well. My dad and Corey Casey, if you can believe that, are going to meet with Nick tomorrow. I have a feeling that it's not going to be a great meeting"

Brandon: "Yeah, I feel the same. I hope something works out. I don't want to go back to the UFC full time"

Chad: "Bro, have you ever thought about opening a gym?"

Brandon: "Like, a fitness centre?"

Chad: "No, like, a fight gym. I mean, you have lots of experience fighting, in wrestling and mixed martial arts. Maybe you could grab a few coaches, and set up a team? I'm sure you could get a ton of people to sign up, just based on your track record"

Brandon: "That's actually not a bad idea. I definitely could pull that off. That's actually a great idea. Thank Chad"

Chad: "Hey, no problem bro."

Waiter: "Can I take your orders today?"

Brandon turned towards Anna as Ashley and Chad began to order their food. He smiled at her, and kissed her quickly. He was glad that Ashley had changed like she did. And Chad actually gave him a great idea. A great idea. Finally, his life was taking a turn for the better. He was moving back into his normal life. He was happy. There was nothing that could make him feel upset. His life had turned back around. The last three months of his life, the worst months of his life, were finally coming to a close. It was a story, that was for sure.

A great story, that would never be told.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be easy for me to stand here and insult Corey Casey over and over again. Some of the things that he's said to me have been funny, sometimes because they are just plain wrong. Some of the things he has said were childish. But I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to stoop that low.

Because, the fact is, Casey is a man that I respect. As an in ring competitor. As far as respecting him outside of the ring, well, that's a different story. But in the ring, I respect him. He beat me at Demolition Day, and he beat me fair and square. There was no controversy, no questionable decisions. Just a mistake by me, which he capitalized on. Which is what happens when you fight someone as good as him.

When Casey and I fight, there is never going to be a clear winner. We are as close to even as you can get in that ring. When we fight, the winner is not decided because he has more talent or ability than the other. It is decided because one man made a mistake, even the smallest mistake, and the other capitalizes on it. I know that if I make even the smallest mistake, that Casey is good enough to do something that will cause him to win. And I know that he knows the same. If he makes a mistake, I'm going to catch him, and I'm going to beat him.

This week, we fight again, at Bloody Sunday, for the IWF Championship. The one that Casey claimed was his destiny to win. And the one that he won. While I still don't believe in destiny, I give props to Casey. He damn near guaranteed that he would beat me at Demolition Day, and he did. He backed up his words with his actions. He handed me my first one on one loss in over 6 months. He started my very first professional losing streak. So I have to give him my congratulations. Beating me is not easy. And if you don't believe it, ask Ruben Ricardo Leon. Ask Chuck Matthews. Ask Nick Ridicule. All men that I have beaten. All men that I would beat again.

But Corey Casey is another matter. I remember sitting in my house after Demolition Day, after being punted in the skull. I recalled exactly where I had slipped up, and where Casey had caught me. I remembered everything up until the punt. I remember waking up afterwords to see Casey celebrating. And I knew. I knew that I had lost. I was very hard on myself after that one. I went home and basically didn't leave my house for a few days. I just sat with Anna, and talked about life. It was there that she reminded me that there was more to life than just winning. That you don't always have to win to be considered the best. That winning isn't the most important thing in life. It reminded me of a few weeks ago, when I told Chris the same thing.

I told him that when I lost to Ashley, that I became a better person. That I used that loss to become better than I was before. I told him to do the same thing, when I beat him. And that week, Anna reminded me about those very words, and how I couldn't take that loss so hard. And she was right. I had to come back stronger. And I vowed that starting next week, I would be back, stronger and hungrier than ever before. And I did.

I beat Casey and Chris, in basically a handicap match at Battle Grounds III. It was a close fight yet again, but this time, it was I who got the upper hand, and not Corey Casey. It was I who Purified Chris Matthews. It was I who got the better of Corey Casey after the match. I did all of those things. I knocked you out Casey, and I challenged you to a match at Bloody Sunday. And Rick made it official.

Casey, you have what I want. You possess the IWF Championship, one of the things that I desire most in this world. And don't think that you can beat me twice. I have heard other members of the IWF roster being interviewed, making predictions about our match. And so far, I see that not a single one of them has picked me to beat you. Well, let's see how well that has gone over in the history books.

Seven Sins 2010. The seven match spectacular for the NLWF Championship. Brandon Macdonald had only been here for three weeks. There's no way he stood a chance against people like Chuck Matthews, Brenton Cyrus. There was no way he could win. Maybe he would finish third, or even second. That was all I heard that week. Not a single person thought I could win. Guess what? I did win. I beat Chuck Matthews in the final match. Which brings me to the following week.

Revolution that week. Brandon Macdonald against Chuck Matthews. One on one. In a Devastation Match. Chuck's own match. The one that he "never" lost in. Brandon didn't have enough experience, he was fighting one of the best ever, in his own match. How could Chuck lose? There was no way. Again, all I heard that week. Again, I beat him. Proved everyone wrong yet again, and beat him. That's 2-0 when I'm the major underdog.

Step forward two weeks, and I was fighting Nick Ridicule, with the rest of Bad Company. But my wife, Anna Macdonald was inside Live or Die. Again, with that stipulation, nobody thought that I could win. Not only did I win, but I had a plan the whole time. Anna was never really in danger, and Nick and I had fooled everyone.

Again, if we move forward in time. Legends of the Fall. Brandon Macdonald against Nick Ridicule. Inside the End Game. I don't think there was ever more of a sure pick than Nick Ridicule. He was the best ever. And it was his own match. Not a single person that I had ever heard of was picking me to win. There was no way I could win. But I did. Again. Another win after being the total underdog. That's 4 wins, 0 losses.

And this week, I seem to be the underdog again. Not that it concerns me at all. In fact, it totally pumps me up. I wrestle so much better when I know that no one expects me to win. There is so much more pressure on you right now Casey. You are the champion, everyone expects you to win. You better not let them down. They're all counting on you. All those gamblers, all those fans. They want, no, they expect you to win. How would they feel if you let them down.

Meanwhile, I just have to go out there, with low expectations from everyone, and just fight. And beat you. Crush all of those hopes that everyone has. Crush the hopes that you have of defending your IWF Championship. That's what I'm here for. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

The pressure has been lifted off of me, and placed onto you Casey. Can you run with it? Can you hang with me as the favourite? I guess we're going to find out, aren't we? In our match at Bloody Sunday. Using each others finishers. You think that you can honestly tap me out with my own submission move? That's almost as funny as thinking that you can hit a flip piledriver on me. Almost.

I can't wait for our match Casey. Round two in our series. I'm going to even up the score. Because, in the end, I just don't think that you can handle all the pressure that you have on you. Not only that, but I've become stronger after my loss to you. Note when I beat you and Chris by myself. You know that I can beat you. You know that I have what it takes. So let's see if you can stop me now. Because I don't think that you can.
Back to top Go down

My Story - Chapter 5
Page 1 of 1