Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire   Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 pm

The show fades in from black to show Stygian and Chuck Matthews standing in the middle of the ring. Stygian has the IWF Championship slung over his shoulder, while the ASWF Title and the Unofficial IWF Belt grace the arms of Lilith and Lilah.

Stygian
Was there ever any doubt?

He smirks at the belt over his shoulder.

Rick - Sometimes, fewer words speak volumes.

Chuck Matthews
What you saw at Fallout was the beginning of a new era...or rather...the fall of an old one.

Stygian
The fact of the matter is, IWF hasn't had a champion it could be proud of since...well, me. I never truly lost this belt. I was never pinned or submit in this ring with the IWF Championship on the line. Instead, I was kicked out of IWF, and in my absence, this championship was dragged through the mud with champions like James Shark, Steel Angel, Chad Mason, and Robbie Hart.

Chuck smirks, and takes the microphone from Styg.

Chuck Matthews
And that's all over. From here on out, it's a new game, with a new champion we can ALL be proud of.

The crowd boos.

Chuck Matthews
You can boo all you like, but it doesn't change the simple fact that at Fallout, your heroes lost. THIS guy won. And when you thought my master plan of putting the belt on Apollos was foiled...you realized the whole thing was a setup right from the start. Predictable.

Rick - Chuck had a lot of people thinking he was backing Apollos in the match...

Matt - And then did nothing to prevent Apollos from being the third entrant eliminated.

Chuck Matthews
So the question moving forward is simple. Who’s next? Who does Stygian take on next? Who-

Watch you words
Or your words might drown you
And cure my wounds
And the light will blind you

The crowd boos even louder as Chad Mason walks out onto the stage.

Chad Mason
You all forgot about me, didn't you?

He grins, and holds up a sheet of paper.

Chad Mason
What I have here is my IWF Contract. See...two months ago, I lost my IWF Championship to Robbie Hart...and I was never granted my rematch. It says, right here in my contract, that I have a rematch clause for any and all titles that I win in my time here in IWF.

Matt - He's been sitting on a rematch the entire time!

Chad Mason
And since IWF failed to give it to me at Fallout...I'm taking it now. At Violent Impulse, I will be taking my rematch...against you.

He points at Stygian. Chuck nods slowly.

Chuck Matthews
I like the enthusiasm, Chad...but your contract forgets a key footnote.

Chad yells at Chuck, holding out his arms.

Chuck Matthews
That guy.

Chad turns around to see a huge man charge from behind the curtain, driving his boot into Chad's face with a brutal kick. The man picks Chad up off the steel stage. He lifts Chad up in a military press, holding him high above his head. He looks at Chuck, who gives him a thumbs up...then slowly turns it down. The man drops Chad from the military press, catching him on his shoulder, and powering him onto the steel with a wicked slam.

Matt - What did we just witness?

Rick - That's Logan MacLeod. Son of the legendary Porter MacLeod!

Matt - Why is he here?! And more importantly, why is he aligning with Chuck?

Chuck smirks at the new guy as the show cuts to the Battle Grounds logo

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Bg2012
LIVE from the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire SportsDallasArena

The phoenix sits still for a moment before exploding into flames. The scene then shows the inside of the sold out American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas. Fire explodes out of the four ring corners, and fireworks begin exploding up either side of the ramp before sending a massive fireworks display on the stage. A jet of flame erupts on the stage, reaching up to the screen, where the IWF Phoenix logo appears. The camera pans across the crowd, taking in some of their signs.

“IWF FTW!!!!” “DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!” “FUCK THE REST, IWF IS THE BEST!” “Robbie WHO?!” “Robbie sold his heart!” “Ethan Cage > Jason Hawk EVER WAS!” “ALISON OWES ME ALIMONY!” “ > and a shot of penicillin”

The camera pans over to show Rick Christian and Matt Biggars, both of whom are sitting behind the announcer’s table

Rick- What a show we’ve had so far

Matt- And to think, we haven’t even seen a match yet!

Rick- No but what we have seen is the end of Natural Law!

Matt- That makes me sad…yet hopeful for a new era dawning here in IWF

Rick- Uh…are you feeling ok, Matt?

Matt- I think my pot was laced with PCP…because now I feel as though I am floating amongst the stars

Rick- Just fucking wonderful Facepalm

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

Static burst on the Screen, the lights go out an a spotlight forms on Devlin as he slowly strolls out to the chords of "The Dream is Collapsing"

Heather Thompson- From Chicago, Illinois…Weighing in at 235 Pounds…Devlin Raine!

Rick- Devlin Raine had himself a huge night at Fallout, winning the #1 Contender for the High Impact Championship Open Battle Royal against some of the new up and comers here in IWF!

Matt- Devlin Raine certainly impressed the hell out of me, I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this extremely talent individual!

Rick- Well tonight Devlin Raine looks to continue his winning ways

Matt- Devlin Raine needs to stay focused on his opponent each and every week though, he can’t afford to be distracted by the High Impact Champ and their date at Violent Impulse

Looking about the arena with a smile as he then bounces down the arena and then picks up the pace, sunglasses and jacket coming off as the lights raise and he salutes the crowd, sliding easily under the bottom rope and preparing for his opponent after heading atop a turnbuckle and giving the crowd another salute , a foot sliding across him in the middle of the ring as if saying "Here's the line, Come cross it"

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

Master's Solemn Hour hits the P.A. and Drake runs down to the ring. Moments before he reaches the ring the lights go out . . . when they come back on he is gone. The lights go out again, and when they come back on Drake is standing behind his opponent.

Heather Thompson- From Sydney, Australia…Weighing in at 238 Pounds…Ethan Drake!

Rick- Very eerie entrance by Ethan Drake

Matt- It kinda reminded me of Death-Angel’s entrance!

Rick- The lights out, lights on thing? Yeah I could see that…but with Death-Angel riding off into the sunset, I guess we got a new guy to play with the lights!

Matt- Wonderful…hope no one here is epileptic…

The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Match
Devlin Raine [vs.] Ethan Drake

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Devlin Raine and Ethan Drake both quickly meet in the center of the ring. Devlin Raine quickly gains the upper hand and drops down, sweeping Ethan Drake’s feet right out from underneath Ethan Drake. Devlin Raine then quickly regains his vertical basis and leaps into the air, executing a front flip leg drop that lands squarely across the throat of Ethan Drake. Devlin Raine then drops down and goes for the pin

-1-

-2-

Ethan Drake kicks out

Rick- Only two

Matt- Man, Devlin Raine looks motivated here tonight!

Devlin Raine smirks as he leans down and drags Ethan Drake up to his feet. Devlin Raine kicks Ethan Drake in the gut, doubling Ethan Drake over. Devlin Raine then reels Ethan Drake in, grabs Ethan Drake’s left leg, and lifts Ethan Drake up in the suplex position before slamming Ethan Drake spine first right into the canvas with a Darkness Buster

Rick- Fourth Wall Breaker!

Matt- With authority!

Devlin Raine quickly rolls over and hooks Ethan Drake’s leg as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…Devlin Raine!

The ref helps Devlin Raine up to his feet and holds Devlin Raine’s wrist aloft in victory

Rick- Holy shit! It’s already over?!

Matt- I guess Devlin Raine doesn’t work by the hour!

The camera zooms in on Devlin Raine, who has climbed the nearest turnbuckle and his holding his clenched fists aloft in victory

Rick- I hope Parker Wayde was watching…because Devlin Raine just decimated Ethan Drake in record time!

Matt- You’d better believe that Parker is going to put up more of a fight than Ethan Drake…at least…I hope that’s the case…or else the match between Devlin Raine and Parker at Violent Impulse is going to be boring a shit!

The camera continues focusing on Devlin Raine for a few more moments before cutting to the back

------------------------------------------------------------------

The cameras are on and we are backstage at the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas. The lens is fully displaying a rather fancy but modified area of the arena due to the proper background and lighting set up, the IWF logo sticking out in the best possible manner on the wall nearby – the proverbial interview area where the Insurgency’s finest and not so finest took it to the microphone before, during and sometimes after shows. Standing in front of the camera lenses, nicely and moderately dressed up – even if he looks a bit like a doofus – is one of the IWF’s main interviewers in Pasquale Semtex.

Pasquale Semtex
“Ladies and gentlemen, joining me at this time is the IWF Uprising champion, Vanessa Cade.”

Strolling into the view of the cameras, Vanessa Cade’s hair is tied in a ponytail as she is clad in a white, satin-made, buttoned up shirt complimented by a black, unbuttoned suit jacket, a pair of black dress pants and dress shoes to go along with it. The IWF Uprising title is folded and held in her right hand, as she gives Pasquale a curt nod.

Pasquale Semtex
“Now Vanessa, you’ve been making a name for yourself here in IWF over the last few weeks and later on tonight, you’ll be going one-on-one against the IWF High Impact champion, Parker Wayde. You’ve made your feelings very clear about Mr. Wayde, so I wanna go ahead and ask you about the afterward of your match at Fallout and what you thought of Phillip Joseph making his way down to ringside.”

Vanessa Cade
“Oh yes, the mock golf clap from some guy I hadn’t even heard of until after the show was done. Needless to say, I can tell the man has his sights set on the gold I hold. Really, I can’t blame him. See, the moment I took ASWF’s discontinued Uprising title and fused it with the esteemed IWF’s Full Throttle title, people started paying attention to it. They started to get excited about where it’s all going. They wanna know…what’s causing all of this. And Pasquale, you need to look no further…”

Vanessa brings the IWF Uprising title onto full view of the camera lens, the title shining radiantly.

Vanessa Cade
“You see, it’s the woman with the Golden Elbow, custom-made from head to toe who’s causing all of this! And the Insurgency all over the world knows it too. It’s why they’re selling out the arenas wherever it is the IWF goes – because they want to see the best in this sport go out there and do what they do best! Just as I’m sure these fans here in Dallas would love to be selling out this very arena to see their Stars play if they could.”

The crowd has a mix of cheers and boos, which all suddenly turns into a “FUCK YOU BETTMAN!” chant. Vanessa’s grin widens.

Vanessa Cade
“Oh, don’t you worry about a thing. Unlike the NHL, the Insurgency isn’t getting locked out. Not now, not ever! So, you see, Phillip Joseph…I want you to take a look at your television screen very carefully later tonight as I put on a wrestling clinic against the guy who’s holding the High Impact title. I want you to see very carefully what I do to him, how I knock his jaw out of his face with the OHKO. And then…if you’re still game enough to take on the IWF’s Uprising champion…you can come on down that ramp and make your challenge. All you just need to know…is that just like about everyone else who’s crossed my path so far, you’re simply another face waiting to learn EXACTLY…why silence is golden!”

Confidently, Vanessa turns and makes her way past Pasquale and out of the camera’s view as we go to commercial

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Lebron-james-heroin

Lebron James Heroin: Finally, the two things humanity hates the most come together in one easy to hate baggie

The show comes back from commercial to show Rick Christian and Matt Biggars, who are seated behind the announcer’s table

Rick- And we’re back!

Matt- And now the portion of our show where we are over taken by members of this strange alliance that we saw form at Fallout

Rick- That’s right, Matt. At Fallout, we saw Jack Savage, Corey Casey, Isabella Lynn Sanchez, Baron Thompson, Philip Jospeh and Alexander Remington come together to unite as one large faction…with no real reason given…at least, no real reason that we can figure out

Matt- I’m receiving word right now that, later on tonight, Corey Casey, Alexander Remington, and all the other members of this strange new faction are going to be out here to explain their actions and what exactly they have in store for IWF!

Rick- Nice! But right now, speaking of Jack Savage, his match is next!

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring. In one of the corner turnbuckles, Chris Wade is shown throwing a few shadow punches

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…already in the ring…From Colorado Springs, Colorado…Weighing in at 230 Pounds…Chris Wade!

Chris Wade takes a few steps out of his corner and throws his clenched fists into the air, soliciting a few random cheers from the fans

Rick- Sounds like the fans could take or leave this Chris Wade guy

Matt- Well he did only debut at Fallout a week ago, I mean, you’ve got to give this guy a chance to prove himself to the fans and earn their love

Rick- Well tonight he has a big chance to show the world what he’s made of…let’s see what he does with that chance

The camera cuts back over to show Heather Thompson once more

“Your Betrayal” by Bullet for my Valentine blasts out of the house PA system as the drumline kicks in. As soon as the opening scream is heard. Jack Savage walks out from backstage, a smirk on his face as he looks out over the fans

Heather Thompson- From Green Bay, Wisconsin….Weighing in at 230 Pounds…Jack Savage!

Rick- Well, we’ve managed to learn that Jack Savage is the head of Corey Casey’s Personal Security Force…

Matt- We’ve also learned that Jack Savage isn’t quite ready to run with the big dogs!

Rick- I suppose you’re right…

Matt- You SUPPOSE I’m right? Jack Savage was the first guy eliminated from the Double Cage Horror Title match at Fallout!

Rick- It was his first match in IWF! Cut him some slack!

Matt- Well…alright…I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt…

Rick- Good! Tonight we will see what Jack Savage truly has in the tank against someone a little lower down the IWF hierarchy!

Jack Savage walks down the entrance ramp slowly, taking his time, before sliding into the rings and walking over to the ring ropes. He hops up on the second rope, holding his clenched right fist over his heart for a moment before raising his fist to the sky. Jack Savage then hops down and looks at his opponent, a confident smirk on his face. The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Jack Savage [vs.] Chris Wade

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Jack Savage immediately runs at Chris Wade. Chris Wade lashes out, looking to connect a clothesline, but Jack Savage slides underneath the move and leaps to his feet right behind Chris Wade. Jack Savage then reaches out and locks in a sleeper hold on Chris Wade. Chris Wade tries to fight out of the move but Jack Savage thrashes back and forth, disorienting Chris Wade. Jack Savage suddenly stops thrashing, lifts Chris Wade up, and powers cHW down to the canvas with a million dollar dream

Rick- Signed, Sealed, and Delivered by Jack Savage!

Matt- Jack Savage is sitting pretty in this match!

Jack Savage drops down and pins Chris Wade as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

Jack Savage suddenly stands up, forcing the ref to stop counting

Rick- Uh…what is Jack Savage doing?

Matt- I think he is taking his time…toying with Chris Wade a bit

Rick- Not sure how wise that strategy is, Jack Savage could be leaving Chris Wade a chance to score the upset if he doesn’t finish Chris Wade while he has the chance

Jack Savage leans down and drags Chris Wade up to his feet. Jack Savage kicks Chris Wade in the gut, doubling Chris Wade over. Jack Savage then Irish whips Chris Wade right into the corner turnbuckle. Jack Savage quickly follows Chris Wade in and, as soon as Chris Wade’s spine hits the corner turnbuckle, Jack Savage leaps into the air and connects a running knee lift to the jaw of Chris Wade

Rick- Wicked knee lift there by Jack Savage

Matt- Jack Savage is firmly in control of this match up!

Jack Savage lands on his feet, reaches out, and sits Chris Wade on the top rope facing the ring. Jack Savage then climbs up to the top rope and locks in a guillotine choke on Chris Wade. Jack Savage then makes a slashing motion across this throat before diving backwards off the top rope, executing a top rope DDT on Chris Wade that busts Chris Wade wide open, blood flowing from the newly opened gash on Chris Wade’s forehead

Rick- SAVAGE SPIKE!

Matt- YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN! Jack Savage JUST SCRAMBLED Chris Wade’S BRAINS!

Jack Savage hooks both of Chris Wade’s legs as the ref begins to count

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…Jack Savage!

Jack Savage climbs up to his feet and shoves his wrist in the ref’s face, essentially forcing the ref to hold Jack Savage’s wrist aloft in victory

Rick- Jack Savage looked dominating here tonight, making quick work of Chris Wade

Matt- Chris Wade didn’t get to make his statement…but you better fucking believe Jack Savage did!

The camera zooms in on Jack Savage for a few moments, taking in Jack Savage’s cocky smile and confident body language, before slowly fading to commercial

A beach is shown with the clouds overhead rolling through the night sky. A full moon shines down upon the beach, casting it’s silvery glow upon a large wooden coffin that sits on the beach’s shoreline. Suddenly, a crow cawing can be heard and, moments later, the crow flies out from the darkness and lands upon the lid of the coffin…

A faint whispering can be heard from all around, mixing with the sounds of the sea crashing against the shoreline…

“Rumors of my demise…have been grossly exaggerated…”

a face suddenly flashes across the screen

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire TheFaceOfTheCrow

The scene suddenly cuts to static

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Static

The show comes back from commercial to show the inside of the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas. Suddenly the lights go out and the entranceway shines with blue.

Voices in the air
I hear ‘em loud and clear

Images of Ethan Cage's Briefcase journey begins to play.

Ethan Cage quickly rolls through the move, springs up to his feet and throws his arms out straight to either side. Ethan Cage nods his head as a smug look of confidence appears on his face. Ethan Cage looks right into the camera and says

Ethan Cage
That briefcase is MINE! Fuck this old bastard!

Telling me to listen
Whispers in my ear
Nothing can compare
I just wanna listen

Ethan Cage leaps backwards and delivers a Pele kick that smashes right into the back of Porter MacLeod’s skull

Rick- There it is!

Matt- YES! HIT THE LIGHTS

As my world turns, the heart beats
Not only in my chest, but the heart in the streets
So when they feel this, they feel me

Sean leaps to the top rope and springboards off, doing a full backflip, but Ethan scouts the move and catches him in the air driving him down with a powerbomb!

But I can’t feel nothin’, outside these Dre Beats
I am from the city of people, came from the bottom
Standing on top of what was supposed to be my coffin, what’s up?
Except for shows, we are the dead man walkin’

Ethan Cage then rotates 360 degrees on the spot and catches Jinx off guard with a discus clothesline that sends Jinx right back down to the canvas.

But reflections show this kid’s still got it
Better be known I got the throne like I don’t know that there’s a king
Never grew up around a family because I’m not a human being

Ethan Cage
Whose afraid of the big bad clown? NOT ME!

And anyone under my bubble that’s coming in my spot, for the top
Let ‘em have it, cause when I leave, the whole world drops
Lace up Kells

Ethan Cage executes a full moonsault before landing firmly on his feet behind Jinx. As soon as his feet touch the canvas, Ethan Cage leaps into the air and connects a Pele kick

Rick-HIT THE LIGHTS!

Matt- YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I hear voices in the air
I hear it loud and clear
They’re telling me to listen

He waits until she gets right back up before taking a short run and flings himself over the top rope, doing a 360 spin as he lands right on Ruby Winters.

Whispers in my ear
Nothing can compare
I just want to listen
Telling me
I’m invincible [x3]

Ethan manages to pull himself to his feet where he sees Ruby almost at the briefcase; he climbs the apron and leaps using the top rope as a slingshot launching himself right at the ladder. His feet stick out from under him as he dropkicks the ladder, the impact causes the ladder to fall over and sends Rudy crashing back first on the outside floor.

Telling me
I’m invincible [x3]
I am

[Verse 2: MGK]
Waking up sweatin’ from the stress of being caged out
Everything I write is played out like what is this
Tear the whole page out
Man I come from holes in the wall but they don’t know the past

Even if I told them it all they wouldn’t know the half
So maybe I fill up my luggage with all these dreams
And pull on my black coat and my black chucks and nothing in my jeans

Ruby moves in and attempts the Beauty Sleep but Ethan just manages to duck which causes her to spin around. At that very moment, Ethan leaps into the air and decks her with a pele kick right on the forehead.

It’s just one, til the day come like Rocky’s movie scene
The day I’m on top of the world, look up the screen like this is me,
This is Kells
Crucified by the public without the nails
Do or die in my city but clearly I never failed
Lost myself from the game when I found myself from the cell

Suddenly Ethan whose back was to Ruby leaps up and somehow manages to connect another pele kick that catches her sqaure in the face. Ethan grabs both sides of the ladder as he is hanging upside down while Ruby is leaning back somewhat on the other side, knocked out from the blow.

And I found myself from the fame when I lost myself in the pills
And you cannot mess with me still, seen the boys and they winnin’
Underdogs of the year, Cleveland boys in the buildin’
What the f*ck is a ceiling?
I’m taking us to the top
And when I leave the whole world drops
Lace up Kells

I hear voices in the air
I hear it loud and clear
They’re telling me to listen

He grabs her and hooks the arm over his head and hooks the leg inward and jumps off the ladder with Ruby as he nails a big time Guillotine-Crossed Legged Stunner.

Rick Christian- -shock- Holy shit what a move!

Matt Biggars- FUCK YEAH DIVINE INTERVENTION BABY!!! ETHAN'S GONNA WIN THIS!!!

Whispers in my ear
Nothing can compare
I just wanna listen
Telling me
I’m invincible [x3]
Telling me

Ethan gets to his feet and clutches the briefcase tightly around his arm as his theme plays on the loudspeakers.

Matt Biggars- YES! YES! YES! FUCKING YES!

I’m invincible [x3]
I am

The lights go back out, and Metallica's "Hit the Lights" begins to play, the lights come back up and two rows of females in slutty cop uniforms come out, blue button ups tied at the stomach and cop pants made into tight shorts, with hat and cop shades. holding nightsticks. They line up along the ramp at both sides. And finally Ethan Cage walks out in a suit, but his shirt on the inside helms the band Escape the Fate and black Chuck Taylors, he stops at the ramp to a mixed reaction, it doesn't matter. This is still his day. Then out comes Rayne carrying Ethan's briefcase, handcuffed to her, in a matching female version of Ethan Cage's wrestling gear. They meet at the top and make their way down the ramp, as they pass the cops, they turn to follow him into the ring. Three female cops set up a ladder in the center of the ring and Ethan Cage climbs it, as he did at Fall Out. Ethan sets himself atop the ladder looking out at the crowd, his first genuine smile you've seen from him in this company. Rayne steps up a few rungs and hands him his briefcase and a microphone. Ethan lets the crowd die down before speaking.

Ethan Cage
I told you all that this needed to happen, that as early as in one month my name will be in the annals of the IWF. You see all I ever wanted was respect, I walked into this company and I didn't have Stygian's attention, Cody Taylor whom I followed into this company couldn't be bothered to say my name, Steel Angel still doesn't know who I am as of Fall Out.

Ethan holds up his prize, the briefcase.

Ethan Cage
You see, but this, changes everything. Now they NEED to pay attention to me, because as I've been saying for weeks, if it's one thing I want, it's to play God on this show. And believe me IWF, I will be doing just that. Sure, I'll eventually get a title shot, and with my talent, there is no way I won't be in a title scene, whichever title it may be. However, now people in the back have to walk on eggshells, because I can make one person's life a living hell, or I can just be random.

The crowd is mixed once again.

Ethan Cage
I don't care if you hate me, and I care even less if you love me. I am here for this, this right here, moments where you HAVE to look at me, you have to pay attention to me, because it's what I say that is going to tell you what is going to change on this show.And it doesn't stop here, I will strive until I get to the World title, but you see, I may be an opportunist, but I'm not stupid. And I'm not going to waste power, I'm going to love it, and I'm going to helm it.

Ethan lifts the briefcase once again.

Ethan Cage
You know, this week has been a big week, everyone is coming up to me asking what's the deal with this Empire business. And I have to tell you, I really tried IWF, I mean I really searched myself, and just not one, not one fuck could I even give. I tried huh Rayne?

Rayne nods to the crowd.

Ethan Cage
Oh well, I guess that's the only way subpar wrestlers can get over these days. It worked for Natural Law, so why not The Empire. Will the Empire Strike Back....No, they'll just Suck Dick.

Ethan looks at the entrance way, and no one comes out. Ethan shrugs and brings the mic to his mouth once again.

Ethan Cage
Here is why I am here, I'm already going to start making changes, because Dallas, Texas, that's the power I now wield. You see last week, I found hope in someone, I thought she was excellent and had a good head on her shoulders, a rebel, like me. She may have lost the Queen of Wrestling Championship but what I've come to find, is that she's also lost her pride. Yes, I'm referring to you Katelyn Dimaz. I understand that I'm new, and I'd have to have a set of balls bigger than King Kong's to start giving advice, but the one thing you didn't need....is a crutch, the Empire are those jackasses crutch and excuse for Corey Casey to have power he can see. It wasn't enough for him to be the face of power in this company, because Rick Christian wastes everyone's time at the announce table. Speaking of which, Matty....

The camera pans over to show Matt Biggars

Matt- Me?

Ethan Cage
Yeah man, come up here.

Matt- Should I?

Rick- Why not, apparently I'm just wasting my time.

Matt puts his headphones down and heads up to the ring. The female cops part ways and let Matt into the ring.

Ethan Cage
Up the ladder man. Come up here with the big boys.

Matt begins to climb the ladder and reaches the top.

Ethan Cage
Ladies and gentlemen, while you spit in my face, while you secretly idolize me, this man here was the only person in this company to believe in me. So I tell you what I'm gonna do Matty. I'm going to let you hold the briefcase from the top of this ladder, and see what I saw at Fall Out.

Ethan hands Matt the briefcase. Matt holds the briefcase high, to which the crowd boos. Ethan lets the moment happen.

Ethan Cage
Okay, that's enough.

Ethan pushes Matt off the top of the ladder to the mat below. Ethan laughs, the security guard helps Matt out of the ring as he's moving slow.

Ethan Cage
No one is stealing my thunder, not The Empire, not Stygian, and not my opponent this week Tiffani Michaels, because like it or not, the IWF world will revolve around me, Texas. I'll work hard to get there, but it will happen. This world calls me the next Jason Hawk, which at first I took as a compliment, but I now see that to get out of this man's shadow, not only am I going to have to do things in this company that he never did, I may just have to call this man out and have a match that will end ALL matches here in the IWF. And Jason, I know you're at home watching this, take from that what you will, much respect to you, but this is about my own legacy, NOT continuing yours.

Ethan looks down at the bottom of the ladder.

Ethan Cage
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Katelyn Dimaz, your match with Angelica....is going to be a school girl paddle on a pole match. You both will wear Catholic School girl outfits, and the first girl to touch the pole-

Ethan pervertedly winks.

Ethan Cage
Take that pole in the hand and paddle their opponent, will win the match. I figure it this way, if you don't have the pride I thought you had, I might as well take what's left of it.

Ethan drops the microphone down to the mat and holds the briefcase high from the top of the ladder. The camera zooms in on Ethan Cage for a moment before cutting back over to show Rick Christian, who is sitting behind the announcer’s table still

Rick- Well…strong words from the holder of the IWF Championship briefcase. Tonight he has used his power to make every red blooded male watching Battle Grounds quite happy! Turning the regularly scheduled match between Angelica Monroe and Katelyn Dimaz into a Catholic School Girl Paddle on a Pole Match! WOO HOO!

Matt Biggars is shown being helped by security over to the announcer’s position. Matt collapses back into his seat, rubbing his back and groaning loudly

Matt- UGH!!! THAT FUCKING HURT!!!!

Rick- You uh…you gonna make it there bud?

Matt- Its ok, Rick. I got to not only hang out with Ethan Cage….but I also got to hold the IWF Championship briefcase! What a guy Ethan Cage is!

Rick- ETHAN CAGE JUST SHOVED YOU OFF THE TOP OF THE LADDER! HOW COULD YOU BE OK WITH THIS?!

Matt- He shoved me off the ladder? Strange…the last thing I recall is holding the IWF Championship Briefcase up high in the air and everyone cheering me…then suddenly I’m here sitting next to you…

Rick- Matt…I think you might have a concussion…

The camera pans over to show the IWF quickly clearing the rest of the ladders and such from the ring. Meanwhile, Heather Thompson climbs the ring steps and ducks into the ring holding a microphone

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

First the lights go out all over the arena. Then a huge red question mark appears on the titan tron. Suddenly red and green question marks begin to be shown all over the arena. The music then begins to play as longtime fans go insane with some chanting his name and others booing him. Enigma then suddenly appears atop the ramp way and just as he appears, pyros begin to fall like rain. With that, Enigma begins his slow methodical pace to the ring with nothing more than his cane.

Heather Thompson- From Parts Unknown…Weighing in at 250 Pounds…Mr. Enigma

Rick- Mr. Enigma made his very impactful debut in the Open Battle Royal match at Fallout, causing quite the ruckus and almost stealing a victory!

Matt- Mr. Enigma looks funny….he likes questions and question marks…hehe questions…

Rick- Matt…I’m seriously concerned right now…

Matt- THANK YOU Biloxi! GOOD NIGHT!

Rick- …

Mr. Enigma makes his way to the ring and then paces around the ring looking eerily at some fans and breaking into laughter at others as if he was insane as he makes his way around the ring and back to the ring steps. He then climbs into the ring, removes his green and purple designer jacket (filled with question marks all over it and then sites in the corner awaiting the next move with complete focus in his eyes and utter grave intent in his heart for his opponent as he stares ominously ahead.

“Just Close Your Eyes” by Bedlam Gates blares throughout the arena, as flying through the curtain comes David Bable. Standing in the middle of the aisle he looks around at the fans and is kind of shocked by the cheers, he slowly high fives the fans as he slides under the bottom rope and into the ring and he looks towards the crowd as he soaks in their cheers

Heather Thompson- From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania…Weighing in at 205 Pounds…David Bable!

Rick- David Bable has also been impressive since his Fallout debut, really making a huge name for himself on Twitter this past week

Matt- I’ve heard rumors that David Bable has a big time announcement to make after the conclusion of this match!

Rick- Who told you that?!

Matt- A little squirrel who was passing through looking for his nuts

Rick- Facepalm I’m sorry for the rest of the show folks…

Matt- Or maybe it was a blue bird…

The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

David Babel [vs.] Mr. Enigma

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Mr. Enigma and David Bable both lock up in the center of the ring. David Bable quickly kicks Mr. Enigma in the gut, doubling Mr. Enigma over. David Bable then immediately slides behind Mr. Enigma and locks his wrists around Mr. Enigma’s stomach. David Bable the lifts Mr. Enigma up and slams Mr. Enigma down with a German suplex. Instead of letting go, David Bable rolls his hips and powers both men right back up into the standing position. David Bable then lifts Mr. Enigma up again and powers Mr. Enigma down to the canvas a second time with a second German Suplex. Once more, David Bable rolls his hips and powers both men right back up to a standing position once more. David Bable then lifts Mr. Enigma up and slams Mr. Enigma down to the canvas a third time with a third massive German Suplex.

David Bable then immediately releases Mr. Enigma’s waist and quickly rotates on his back and grabs Mr. Enigma’s arms. David Bable then locks in a nasty looking Gogoplatta

Rick- Lucky Lock!

Matt- After that nasty series of German suplexes! This has got to be it!

Mr. Enigma struggles to escape the submission hold but David Bable just cranks back on the holder tighter, causing Mr. Enigma to scream out in pain. Left with no other alternative, Mr. Enigma is forced to tap out. The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…David Bable!

Rick- Wow…three matches up, and three matches over before they reach the five minute mark!

Matt- At this rate, we’re going to be finished with this episode of Battle Grounds in under an hour!

The ref helps David Bable up to his feet. David stands in the ring after his match with Mr. Enigma. Sweating a bit and trying to catch his breath, he asks for a microphone from Heather Thompson. She walks over and hands David the microphone as he mouths thank you to her and takes it from her. He walks over to the nearest ropes and leans as if he was trying to catch some air. He pulls the microphone up and the fans can hear him breath as he looks at some fans and smiles and waves at them

David Bable
First thing is first, I wanted to say thank you to all the staff here at IWF for taking a chance on a guy like me and allowing me to learn my craft as best as I can. Now onto the real reason I have this microphone, earlier this past week, I send out a tweet and that tweet stated I wanted to see where I belonged here in IWF and wanted to do it against one of the baddest in IWF history. And before I came here I went through the archives and one man stood out, that man was Chuck Matthews. Now I know Chuck doesn't fully compete,but I have learned he has agreed to my challenge for a match purely based on respect at Violent Impulse.

Rick- Something tells me that is going to be good.

David smiles and waves to some more fans as he continues

David Bable
So Chuck I hope you saw this match and you got an idea of what to expect at Violent Impulse, because when that night comes you will already have my respect, the question I am looking to get answered is will I have yours?

David drops the microphone as Just Close Your Eyes blares and David exits the ring heading to the back saying hi to the fans and shaking their hands. The camera stays on David Bable all the way up until David Bable reaches the entrance ramp where the shot zooms in on him for a moment before going to commercial

IWF would like to send the following special message to those of you who deserve it…you know who you are…

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire A%2Bnother%2BSesame%2BSt%2Bmeme%2BFB%2B10-7-12

The show comes back from commercial to show the jam packed inside of the American Airlines Arena in Dallas, Texas. Suddenly, the sound of “Empire” by Queensryche blasts out of the house PA system

Last night the word came down, ten dead in Chinatown.
Innocent, their only crime was being in the wrong place, at the wrong time
Too bad, people say what's wrong with the kids today
Tell you right now they've got nothing to lose

They're building EMPIRE!

Alexander Remington and Corey Casey both walk out from backstage, dressed in fancy Armani suits and wearing sunglasses. Trailing the two men are Isabella Lynn Sanchez, Jack Savage, Baron Thompson, and Philip Joseph. The six people stop at the top of the entrance ramp, looking out over the fans

Heather Thompson- Introducing at this time…The Empire!

Rick- Empire?

Matt- This must be the faction that we saw debut at Fallout!

Rick- What a name though…with Corey Casey swinging the full power of the IWF Board of Directors and with Alexander Remington and Isabella Lynn Sanchez ready to set shit in motion in the ring and outside the ring, this Empire could extend forever!

Johnny used to work after school
at the cinema show.
Gotta hustle if he wants an education
he's got a long way to go.
Now he's out on the street all day
selling Crack to the people who pay.
Got an AK-47 for his best friend
business the American way.

Eastside meets Westside downtown.
No time, the walls fall down

Can't you feel it coming? EMPIRE! Can't you hear it calling?
Black man, trapped again. hold his chain in his hand.
Brother killing brother for the profit of another,
Game point, nobody wins. Decline, right on time.
What happened to the dream sublime?
Tear it all down, we'll put it up again. Another EMPIRE?

The six members of Empire walk casually down the entrance ramp and down to the ring. They duck into the ring and pause for a moment, looking out over the fans

Eastside meets Westside downtown.
No time, no line, the walls fall down.

Can't you feel it coming? EMPIRE!
Can't you hear it coming EMPIRE!
Can't someone here stop it...??!!

Corey Casey walks over to the ring ropes and motions for the time keeper to bring him a microphone. The time keeper immediately leaps to his feet and brings Corey Casey the microphone.

Corey Casey
Thank you ladies and gentlemen…it’s good to be back…

The fans give Corey Casey a unanimous standing ovation, appreciating the legendary IWF status of one of IWF’s co-founders

Corey Casey
Ladies and gentlemen…at Fallout, a vision was achieved. At Fallout…with the help of the members of Empire, the ultimate goal for IWF was achieved. Look around this ring…look at the superstars amassed here, standing side by side with myself and Isabella…

Corey Casey motions around to the members of Empire gathered in the ring

Corey Casey
Before I stepped away from in-ring competition…a certain Black Dragon came up with a name for me. Stygian referred to me as the heart and soul of IWF…the protector of IWF…the man who would lay down his very life if he had to in order to ensure that IWF continued to live, thrive and survive. And you know what? Stygian was right. I would gladly surrender my own physical well-being before I let anything happen that would harm IWF.

So when I was forced into retirement due to injuries sustained in the legendary Hellzone match…I left IWF in the hands of people like Brandon Macdonald. I left IWF in the hands of people like Chuck Matthews. I trusted the well being of IWF to the two men who helped me to form IWF over two and a half years ago. And now look where IWF has gone…look at some of the names who were signed to contracts over the past few months. IWF signed pieces of shit like James Shark…IWF offered contracts to over rated, over hyped pieces of monkey trash like Cody Taylor and Saffron Dior…IWF allowed leeches like Alexander Raven to join our noble fed and then attempt to suck IWF dry of all its honor and prestige.

All the while Chuck Matthews is signing superstars like Silas Romero to Matthews Enterprises exclusive contracts, meaning that superstars like Silas only have to answer to Chuck Matthews personally and not the IWF Board of Directors. Chuck Matthews doesn’t give a shit about IWF…he cares only about furthering his own agenda.

Corey Casey looks out over the fans, all of whom are sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting to hear what Corey Casey has to say next

Corey Casey
So, needless to say, when IWF bought out ASWF and signed some of the biggest names that UECW had to offer when UECW went under, I began to lay a plan in motion. I saw the dozens of new superstars joining the IWF roster and thought to myself “this is my chance to make sure that guardians are gathered to protect IWF.” With that goal in mind…I present to you the protectors of IWF…the Guardians of the Insurgency…I present to you, Empire!

Corey Casey begins clapping, the legions of IWF faithful following suit in a thunderous applause. Corey Casey then walks over and hands Alexander Remington the microphone

Alexander Remington
When Corey Casey approached me with this idea, I was wary at first. I mean, this didn’t directly fit into my plans so why should I care? But then Corey told me that in IWF lay the master of all the scum sucking leeches…the epitome of black hearted, self-inflated braggarts…the man…no…the Black Dragon…who was using IWF like his own personal playground in an attempt to try and get a better offer from some other company. That man…is Stygian.

After getting to know Corey, I began to realize…the two of us shared a common hatred…the two of us shared a common goal…the complete and utter destruction of Stygian. I have put into motion a part of my own plan to bring down Stygian by offering a 10 million dollar bounty for the first man to force Stygian into retirement. I am simply trying to do my part to help better IWF and help better the company that I have grown to love over the past month or so. You see I…

Suddenly, “Kicking and Screaming” by Sebastian Bach blasts out of the house PA system and Griffin Hawkins walks out from backstage, a microphone in his left hand and the UECW World Heavyweight Championship slung over his right shoulder

Rick- That’s Griffin Hawkins!

Matt- The man who had a big time win over Baron Thompson at Fallout!

Griffin Hawkins looks down the entrance ramp at the members of The Empire gathered in the ring

Griffin Hawkins
See, this is exactly why I didn't join up with you in the first place Remington. You like to run around as some pious savior claiming you're here to save the Federation..but you end up taking it a step backwards. But you guys really got me..no really...you guys almost had me convinced. You truly did. You almost had me sold that you guys were supposed to be the protectors of IWF…the so called “guardians” of the Insurgency…you almost hand me…

Griffin Hawkins chuckles softly, shaking his head a few times before bringing the mic back up to his lips

Griffin Hawkins
But you tripped up when you said that you were fighting against a corrupt system. You failed when you said that Chuck Matthews was signing everyone to ME exclusive contracts. I mean, take a look around…I’m signed to an IWF contract. I don’t have a problem with Stygian or Chuck Matthews. And yet somehow, someway, I managed to secure a victory, albeit an unsatisfactory one, against your little pyro chia pet there Baron Thompson

The camera zooms in on Baron Thompson, who has a look of anger on his face. The camera cuts back to Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins
Look at yourself Remington..look at who you're associating with? Jack Savage..a guy who can't even wipe his own ass without someone else's help...and the owner of the company who looks like he stole William Shatner's toupee. Don't you realize these scumbags are doing nothing but leech off of you? They don't give a damn about you..and neither does Casey. I think, Remington, that you’re using Empire to try and justify your obsession with Stygian. By the way, nice little ploy there to try and avoid taking down the Black Dragon yourself by putting out a hit on Styg. Real cute. What’s the matter Remington? Too scared to take down Stygian yourself? See, I brought this belt out here for a reason..and that reason is to remind you of what you once were, and the hunger you once had to become the best. But if you want to associate yourself with the cast of the Village People and run from Stygian, go right ahead. As far as I'm concerned that makes you a puss!

The camera cuts back to Alexander Remington, who has a calm, collected look on his face

Alexander Remington
Let me be perfectly clear, Griffin…I do not and will never fear Stygian. But that’s not the point here. The point here is this…I think it’s…what did you say…”real cute”…that you still tote around the UECW World Heavyweight Championship as if it somehow validates your existence. You know, I was so busy back in UECW trying to rid the world of that parasite Alexander Raven that I didn’t even have time to stop and properly congratulate you on your big UECW title win. You know…come to think of it…the two of us have never squared off one on one have we? I’m actually getting a hell of an idea here, Griffin…

A wicked smile plays about Alexander Remington’s features as he looks up the entrance ramp at Griffin Hawkins

Alexander Remington
How about at Violent Impulse…I properly welcome you to IWF on behalf of The Empire by going one on one with you…for the UECW World Heavyweight Championship!

Griffin Hawkins thinks for a moment, a coy smile slowly crossing his face

Griffin Hawkins
Alexander Remington vs. Griffin Hawkins for the first time in history? And for the UECW World Heavyweight Title? Well…I say that sounds like a damn good idea! See you then, Remi!

The camera zooms in on Griffin Hawkins’ smiling face for a moment before cutting back to show the confident smirk of Alexander Remington before slowly fading to commercial
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire   Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 pm

The show comes back as we see Heather Thompson standing at the center with mic in hand.

Heather Thompson - The following contest is set for one fall, introducing first....

The lights dim and "Hot As Ice" begins to play filling the entire arena. Pink strobe lights dance across the stage until stopping at the entrance where Tiffani Michaels steps out from behind the curtains dressed in her Cheerios uniform. She holds two pom-poms in her hands and shakes them high above her head with a big smile on her face bringing out cheers from the crowd. Tiffani bounces down along the ramp with her pom-poms still waving high in the air and she makes sure to toss them inside of the ring when she reaches the bottom of the ramp. Tiffani blows some kisses towards the crowd before she jumps up onto the ring apron in one swift movement. Tiffani grabs a hold of the top rope and she keeps her hands wrapped tightly around the rope while she springboards herself inside of the ring. She lands on her feet and smiles brightly for the crowd while waving her hands making them cheer out loud. Tiffani grabs her pom-poms from the mat and waves them one final time while the lights come back on inside of the arena.

Heather Thompson - From Los Angeles, California weighing at 116 pounds, Tiffani Michaels!

Rick - Tiffani has got her hands full tonight as she takes on the current briefcase holder in one on one action.

Matt - Wow she's so fine I wanna make her mine!

Rick - Sure you ok Matt?

Matt - You look great Rick, is that a new haircut?

Rick - This is gonna be a long night Facepalm.

The arena goes black. And then there is a spotlight next to the stage showing a huge rectangular hole.

The sound of a guitar riff is heard.

The stage raises as Metallica is playing on the loudspeakers, Ethan Cage stands in the center with briefcase in hand.

No life till leather
We are gonna kick some ass tonight
We got the metal madness
When our fans start screaming
It's right well alright
When we start to rock
We never want to stop again

Hit the lights
Hit the lights
Hit the lights

During the chorus Ethan Cage walks out in full gear, his vest hoodie over his eyes. He stops on the top of the entrance ramp.

You know our fans are insane
We are gonna blow this place away
With volume higher
Than anything today the only way
When we start to rock

Hit the lights

As soon as the first verse of the chorus is heard, Ethan flips his hoodie back exposing his face and two bursts of blue pyro is seen from both sides.

Hit the lights
Hit the lights

With all our screaming
We are gonna rip right through your brain
We got the lethal power

Ethan makes his way down the ramp and slides into the ring, never taking his eyes off his opponet.

It is causing you sweet pain Oh sweet pain
When we start to rock

Ethan hops the turnbuckle and faces the crowd and gives the finger with a smile, to which the crowd returns the gesture with boos.

Hit the lights
Hit the lights
Hit the lights

Heather Thompson - And her opponet from Las Vegas, Nevada weighing in at 238 pounds, he's the current breifcase holder......Ethan........Cage!

Rick - Ethan looks to be all business tonight.

Matt - No kidding man, not too long ago I was on top of the world with him!

Rick - We need to get your head checked before this night is over.

The ref looks at both athletes and rings the bell.

Tiffani Michaels [vs.] Ethan Cage

[Ding Ding Ding]

Tiffani moves in ducking under a clothesline before rebounding off the ropes and nails a flying cross body that takes Ethan down. She rolls over back to her feet and rebounds off the ropes again with a spinning heel kick that catches Ethan as he gets back to his feet.

Rick - Tiffiani showing Ethan some of her arsenal.

Matt - Ever notice that Ethan's been fighting nothing but hot chicks lately?

Rick - What is that suppose to mean?

Matt - I don't know, just seems odd to me. Perhaps he's hoping to score with one of these girls.

Rick - He's already got a girl idiot!

Matt - Oh...

Tiffani continues the offense with a springboard ddt trying to spike Ethan's head, however Ethan uses his upper body strength to stop her descent and grabs her by the waist while she's still holding on. He then does a half turn and flings her to the ground with a belly to belly suplex.

Rick - Nice reversal there by Ethan.

Matt - Cover!

Ethan covers her as the ref drops for the pin.

-1-

Tiffani kicks out as Ethan shakes his head with a smug look on his face.

Rick - Gonna take more than that to put her down.

Matt - He's just playing with her for now.

Tiffani crawls towards the corner while Ethan slowly stalks her, he reaches out to grab her legs but she lashes out and kicks him.

A few more kicks and Ethan manages to grab both ankles to both legs and he lifts her up while she is still holding onto the ropes and hits a allyoop bomb pin.

-1-

Tiffani just manages to kick out of it.

Rick - Still not enough.

Matt - He's gotta stay on her.

Ethan gets back up and looks at Tiffani's prone body, he reaches down to grab her but she suddenly lifts her foot to kick him on the head. He staggers abit before trying to grab her again only to be kicked on the head once more, she then follows it with a leg sweep that takes him off his feet and crashes down.

Rick - Nice counter, Tiffani showing some life here.

Matt - Man if Ethan loses I'll quit smoking for good.

Rick - Yeah only because that worked SO WELL the last time you said that.

The ref counts both compatants as they lay on the mat.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Ethan gets to the ropes and pulls himself back to his feet and Tiffani is able to do the same.

Rick - Both of them have taken a beating in this match, one has to wonder if Ethan might have misjudged his opponet.

Matt - Not at all, he's just taking his time with her.

Rick - You're just saying that now.

Matt - Hey not my fault that I can't feel my legs.

Rick - Well yeah bu- wait what do you mean by that?

Tiffani runs in and ducks under Ethan and springboards off the 2nd rope, landing on his shoulders and taking him down with a hurricanrana. While Ethan is down on the floor, she climbs the nearest turnbuckle and leaps off with a 450 splash that hits home.

Rick - The snapshot! Ethan's in trouble!

Matt - Kick out dammit!

Ref drops down for the pin as she covers Ethan.

-1-

-2-

Just as the ref hits the mat a third time, Ethan powers out of the pin and causes Tiffani to roll off of him.

Rick - Almost had him there!

Matt - I think Ethan's pissed now.

Ethan charges in just as the two get up and grabs Tiffani's arms and lifts her into a double underhook butterfly suplex that knocks the wind out of her. He stalks her as she gets back up and puts her in a guillotine crossed legged position, holding her there before dropping her with a stunner.

Rick - Ethan with that Divine Intervention!

Matt - THAT MA HOMIE!!

Rick - Ughh.

Ethan taunts to the crowd for a moment then picks Tiffani up off her feet and holds her face on his hand, he then plants a kiss right on the pecker before slapping her with the same hand that was holding her face.

She recoils from the slap only to be met by a massive pele kick that knocks her down.

Matt - HIT. THE. LIGHTS!!

Rick - Stop yelling, you're making my ears hurt!

Ethan drops for a cover as the ref counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding]

Heather Tompson - Here's your winner, Ethan Cage!

The ref hands Cage the briefcase, he takes it and jumps to the nearest corner, having the biggest grin on his face as he keeps pointing at it and himself.

Rick - What a win by Ethan, but damn was that close.

Matt - Too close if you ask me, still great win by my hero.

Rick - You look.......sober.

Matt - It's the weed, it's chilling me out.

Rick - I'm so not sharing a cab with you tonight.

Camera centers on Ethan and his breifcase for a few more minuites until the scene fades to black.

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Funny192
IWF wants you to know, that if there's ever a zombie invasion, we don't have your back.

The camera cuts back to the ring as Heather prepares to announce the next match.

Heather Thompson – The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, currently in the ring, Alexander Remmmminggggton!

The fans boo as Remington smirks, not moving his eyes away from the entrance ramp.

Matt – Look at how smug Remington is. This guy pisses me off so much.

Rick – Get over it Matt, he has shown skill in that ring, and he deserves to be smug.

Suddenly the lights shut off to a mixed reaction from the fans as they know who is going to step through that curtain. Forget You by Digital Summer begins to play, and after the intro plays pyro explodes from the stage.

Now that I’m sober,
I’m finally making up my mind,
I can see who you really are,
How the hell could I’ve been so blind?

Ryan Apollos walks out on the stage and stares out at the crowd before slowly walking down the ramp.

Heather Thompson – And his opponent, from Milwaukee Wisconsin, weighing in at 250 pounds... “The Slayer”, Ryan Appppolllllllooooosssssss!

Matt – A mixed opinion as always for Ryan Apollos

You think you’re so fucking innocent,
You think you’re so fucking innocent.

Shut your mouth, I’m done listening to you,
It’s over, it’s over, I’ve had enough with you.
I’m taking back the person that I used to be,
For all these scars before your lies,
So fuck you, forget you, good bye.
Good bye.

Apollos stops at the bottom of the ramp and stares at the ring before walking over to the ring steps.

Take a swing, I’ll tell you,
But you better be prepared,
There’s no telling what the hell I’m up to,
I’m at the point that I just don’t care.

Ryan enters the ring and circles the ring before climbing the turnbuckle and stares out at the crowd before getting off the turnbuckle as the music fades. Heather exits the ring as both men go to lock up, but as Alexander commits to it, Ryan ducks down and throws a hard spinning back heel kick right to the jaw, stunning him.

Matt – Ryan outsmarting Alexander from the get go.

Rick – Come on Remington!

Ryan quickly capitalises on the attack, jumping straight up into an enzuigiri, but Remington still won't go down. Ryan runs and springboards off the nearest ropes and corrects with a sick shinging wizard, finally taking Alexander down. Ryan goes for the cover.

-1-

-2-

Rick – It will take more than that to keep Alexander down.

Kickout just after 2. Ryan goes to pull him back to his feet but as he does Alexander rakes Ryan's eyes, buying himself some room. He tries to charge in with a clothesline, but Ryan counters at the last minute with a low dropkick to the shins, sending Alexander onto his knees. Ryan quickly gets to his feet before...

Rick – Ryan was lucky to counter with-

Matt – Shut up Bitch!

Rick – Well, fuck you too arsehole!

… lancing out with his signature super kick, the S.U.B! The kick cracks Remington straight in the jaw as he drops to the mat. Ryan goes for the cover and hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

The refs hand hits the mat for a third time as Forget You by Digital Summer plays again.

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner, “The Slayer”, Ryan Apooollllooosssss!

Ryan gets his hand raised as he looks at the unconscious form of Remington on the mat. He smirks at him before leaving the ring. The cameras cuts backstage to Hawkins who's sitting against the equipment strumming his guitar. He's minding his won business until a figure off camera comes up to him.

Griffin Hawkins
May I help you?

The camera pans to none other than the IWF Champion...Stygian. He smiles looking down at Hawkins.

Stygian
Relax man..just came to introduce myself to you. Stygian..the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Hawks puts his guitar on his back, looking up at him as he gets off the box.

Griffin Hawkins
Pleased to meet you...I'm....

Stygian holds his hand up.

Stygian
I know who you are..you're Griffin Hawkins, the last UECW World Heavyweight Champion in history. Heard a lot about you and saw you in UECW, and I must say, you are without a doubt one of the best in the business today.

He nods.

Griffin Hawkins
It does feel good to be acknowledged.

Stygian
I just want to say that its good to see you in possibly the greatest Federation on the planet. Someone of your caliber would be quite a match against someone like Steel Angel or Ethan Cage.

Griffin Hawkins
Actually...I want to...

He cuts him off quickly.

Stygian
Don't be so modest Griff, I seen your type. You thrive on competition. Someone like you is the future of this company and with my guidance, I think you'll become an even bigger star than you can imagine.

Griffin Hawkins
Uh...yeah. But I just want to know if you got my back tonight. Those two clowns want to rip us apart and I can't face them alone.

Stygian
Don't worry your pretty little head kimosabe! Just chill...I'll see you in the main event tonight!

He smiled and patted him on the shoulder. Hawkins looks very confused.

Griffin Hawkins
At least he's friendly...

He walks off confused. But the camera man zooms in from behind a corridor and sees Alexander Remington showing himself. He has a ice cold stare on his face as we go to a break.

The show comes back to a pole with a paddle pearched at the very top. Heather is standing with mic in hand.

Heather Thompson - The follow contest is a Catholic School Girl on a Paddle Match. Introducing first from Salem, Oregon weighing 130 pounds......Katelyn Dimaz!

“I met a girl who hated the world,
She used her body to sell her soul,
Everytime they'd break her and pay,
Tear out her heart, and leave her in pain,
I never found out how she survived,
All of the sadness she kept inside,”

The stage would fill with a slight blue smoke, making the ramp and stage entrance hazy and misty. The occasional flash of yellow would streak up from either side of the ramp, up the full length and then back up, making slight popping sounds, drowned out by the music. As the words ‘Tear out,’ played out, Katelyn would push through the curtain and stand on the stage, her head down, a simple white trench coat draped over her shoulders. She simply stood there, her chest heaving slightly with heavy breaths. Standing there, doing nothing but seemingly waiting.

“ You could love her if you paid,
You could have her every day,
You could love her if you prayed,
You could have her every way,”

As soon as the first ‘You’ exploded over the sound system, Katelyn flicked up her head and flicked her arms out to her sides, the coat falling to the floor by her feet. The sound of the crowd mixed. Men wolf-whistling, women cursing, fans cheering, and haters hating. A smirk would cross her face, as she fell into a slow, determined, hip-rolling strut down the ramp on a slow movement towards the ring, this taking place after the third ‘You’.

“Down on her knees, she wept on the floor,
This hopeless life she wanted no more,
Dead in her mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone,
She never found out how much I tried,
All of the sadness she kept made me blind,
She never found out how much I cried,
The rope so tight on the night that she died...”

As ‘She opened her,’ eyes came across the sound system Katelyn came to a standstill at the base of the ramp, and placed her hands upon her hips gazing over the ground. Raising her left hand to her lips she would blow a kiss all around the crowd, flicking her head back, and in turn throwing her hair over her shoulder. She’d finish her hip-rolling strut at the ring apron and slid herself beneath the bottom rope at the time ‘The rope so tight,’ came across.

“You could love her if you paid, you could have her everyday,
You could love her if you prayed, you could have her every way,
I never found out how she survived - a life lived in lies is a life of denial,
I never found out how she could lie - with a smile on her face and the darkness inside,”

The music would begin to fade after this last little bit, going on the chorus one last time, as Katelyn paced the ring, hands on her hips, a smirk still upon her face. Her eyes slowly observing the arena around her.

Rick - We're back with what should be a.......well........interesting match tonight.

Matt - Shocked Damn Ethan had the right idea to have these gals in school outfits, look how sexy she is!

Rick - Indeed.....as made by our breifcase holder Ethan Cage, these two gals will be fighting in Catholic School outfits in an attempt to take that paddle you see on top of the pole which can be used as a weapon.

Heather Thompson - And introducing the challanger, from Los Angeles, California weighing in at 131 pounds......Angelica Monroe!

Angelica enters the ring wearing a very revealing style Catholic School outfit complete with a skimpy mini skirt, she winks at the camera and slaps her butt to the enjoyment of the crowd.

Rick - Seems Angelica isn't shy of showing some skin with her outfit.

Matt - No kidding.......I wonder if the pope ever gave her a confession underneath the booth?

Rick - Now that's just fucking sick Matt!

The ref looks at both girls and calls for the bell.

Angelica Monroe [vs.] Katelyn Dimaz

Katelyn runs towards Angelica who spins around once and lashes out with a massive kick right to the face taking her down.

Rick - Ouch I think she might be ou- hey where are you going?

Matt - I'm gonna go check on her, she might need mouth to mouth!

Rick - Will you sit down for god's sake!?

Angelica pulls up her mini skirt and smacks her butt again before climbing the pole, she manages to reach for the paddle which she unhooks from the pole. She drops it down on the mat and climbs down like a firewoman, a very sexy firewoman.

Rick - She's got the paddle.

Matt - This is gonna turn me on.

Rick - Not while I'm sitting next to you!!

Matt - What? I'm just reaching for my phone.

Rick - Riiiight

Angelica grabs the paddle and flips Katelyn over and removes her skirt, then she smacks her butt with the paddle. Gentle at first, but then starts hitting her harder and harder and each hit gets a yelp from her opponet. After a few more smacks, Angelica decides she had enough and flips Katelyn over again to her back and pins her.

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref rings the bell.

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Angelica Monroe!

Rick - Well that was fun while it lasted.

Matt - ..........

Rick - And my partner is having an orgasem....

Matt - ................ahhhhh.

Rick - Great....Facepalm.

Angelica celebrates some more as the scene ends.

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Funny_demotivational_posters_01
This is why you never let Baron drive a truck full of gas.

We come back to Heather ready to announce the next bout.

Heather Thompson - The follow contest is set for one fall!

Remember the Name by Fort Minor plays as Philip Joseph walks in champagne bottle in one hand and a lovely looking girl in the other as he hands her the champagne then gets a kiss for good luck. He enters the ring and removes his shirt showing off his upper body as he waits for his opponet.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Hollywood weighing in at 180 pounds, Philip Joseph.

Rick - Philip dosen't seem to like the idea that he has to go against his best friend tonight.

Matt - Well it also didn't help that sometime before the show, Baron Tomson the assasin of the Empire confronted him about it.

Rick - Indeed and now we have to wonder exactly where Philip's loyalties lie, is it with his friend or the Empire?

Heather Thompson - And his opponet.....

Blind starts up as the light flash in time with the music, pyro goes off as the are you ready hits....the words FRANCHISE flashes across the screen as John Tolly makes his way down to the ring, he sneers at the crowd as he saunters down the ramp. As he slides into the ring before poseing in the ring.

Heather Thompson - From Champaign weighing in at 240 pounds, John Trolly!

Rick - This has got to be nerveracking for both of these men.

Matt - We should have seen this coming though Rick, Corey knows these two are best of pals. This is his way of testing the new talent of the Empire to see if he has what it takes.

Rick - Regardless if these guys like it or not, they have to fight here tonight.

The ref checks on both men and signals for the bell.

Philip Joseph [vs.] John Tolly

[Ding Ding Ding]

Both men share a handshake and try to tie up but Philip has second thoughts and backs away. They circle each other once again and after a brief struggle, Philip breaks from it and backs away.

Rick - Philip showing lots of hesitation right now, he doesen't look like he wants to go through with this.

Matt - Well can you blame him? He's under alot of pressure right now, fighting his best friend and all.

The two once again start engaging in a test of strength when John moves in with a knee that bends him over. He then follows up with an headlock takedown that brings him to the mat. Philip manages to break the grip and grabs John's head while they are standing up and hits a neckbreaker.

Rick - Finally some action.

Matt - Yeah but this slow pace really makes you wonder what is going through their minds right now?

Both men are back on their feet and perpare to engage in another test of strength when suddently.....

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a needle in your veins, a sickness with no name.
In a world that's insane, why's America to blame when you're praying for a change to a god with no face?

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a fucking AK, it's going up in flames.
In a world that's insane, why's America to blame when you're praying for a change to a god with no face?

Rick - What the hell? That's Baron's theme!

Matt - The Empire's personal assasin is staying true to his word Rick, here he comes now.

The two men break off as Baron Tomson walks down the ramp, his eyes never leaving Philip while he sneers at him. His music stops just as he pauses in front of the ring.

Rick - This can't be happening, it's bad enough that you have these two fight each other and now THIS guy is gonna come in and ruin it!?

Baron jumps on the ring apron as Philip and him start arguing back and forth with Philip getting in Baron's face while he just smirks at him. While this is going on John has a very confused look on his face as he stands there watching the two men bicker at each other.

Matt - This is getting out of hand.

Rick - I agree.

John finally has heard enough and moves toward Philip and Baron, suddenly Philip drops down as Baron pulls out a lighter and flips the switch before spitting out some liquid that immedatly catches fire as it passes through the flame. The fire hits John right in the face and causes him to fall down on the campus.

Rick- HOLY SHIT DID BARON JUST BREATH FIRE!?!?

Matt - I told you he's the new Corey, spitting flames just like Bowser!!

Philip looks over at John with a clever smile as he moves in and covers him while Baron laughes and jumps off the apron, the ref counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding]

The ref rings the bell.

Rick - What the fuck just happend?

Matt - Philip just pinned his best friend......dude this is trippy.

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Philip Joseph!

Rick - I don't get this.......

Matt - Me either.

Baron slides into the ring as Philip gets back up, they both stare at John. He nods to Philip who moves from one side of the rope and does a Phoenix Splash on John crushing him.

Rick - Champagne Supernova!

Matt - On his best friend!!

Philip gets back up and him and Baron exchange glances and smiles. They then move in with a firm handshake that tells the story as the fans shower them with boos and jeers.

Rick - Well we've questioned where Philip's loyalties lie.

Matt - Yep and now we know exactly whose side he's on.

The camera shoots on Baron and Philip leaving the ring and heading backstage as the scene ends.

Cut backstage to Stygian’s dressing room. The IWF World Heavyweight Champion sits on a black leather sofa dressed in gold and black warmups and a Star Destroyer t-shirt. The IWF World Heavyweight Title rests on a table, front and center. The big man spreads his arms across the back of the couch and smiles.

Stygian
Here it is, gentlemen. The Insurgency Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Championship. Glittering and gold, right where it always has belonged. With me. With the best. You know people think I made a deal with the devil to get this back. Did I side with Chuck? Did I sell out? Were we in it together all along? No. I don’t know if Chuck planned to do this all along, or if he planned to put it on Ryan…I don’t know. The only bargain Chuck and I struck was after I’d won. No words were exchanged. He took one look at me, and he realized that he couldn’t have planned it any better. Chuck Matthews couldn’t have planned it any better. Corey Casey is playing “Avengers Assemble”, and the title, the symbol of the pinnacle of the company is secure. Is Chuck going to gather his own resistance together? I don’t know, and I don’t care. His plans don’t include me and mine don’t include him. Chuck sees a man who wants what he wants, and Chuck saw what I would be willing to go through to get it. Chuck wants to put down yet another revolution to try and oust him from IWF’s corporate structure. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

In that regard, Chuck and I want the same thing: Corey Casey’s head. Chuck wants it for business reasons, I want it for personal reasons. Does that make us allies? No. But if that includes Chuck pointing me in the direction of his enemies and saying “kill”? Chuck and I can both be happy with that. So come. I don’t care who. I don’t care how. Come at me from all directions. Come at me from all sides. Come at me in the ring. Come at me in the back. Come at me because you want this belt, come at me because you want Alexander Remington’s ten million dollars. I don’t care. I’ve never run from anyone. I never will. Come after me, because it will make you famous, I guarantee you that! You come after me, you will be famous! You’ll be famous like Dan Alexander. You’ll be famous like Tyson Rowle. You’ll be famous like the late Anna Stone, you know the dragon loves you honey and I hope you’re in a better place, but you went out on your knees just like they all will. So come at me. Come for your own reasons, or come for Corey’s. Corey Casey tried to end me and his spine made that sound from the Twix commercial. It doesn’t matter why you do it. You’re going to end up like the rest of them. This is my world now, my title. And if you come to get it? You’re not going to like what you find. Here there be dragons.

Cut to commercial.

Last edited by Steel Angel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire   Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 am

The camera cuts back to a door. The name plate reads “Chuck Matthews”. Suddenly, the door bursts open and into the office charges Porter MacLeod.

Chuck Matthews
You could have knocked...

Porter MacLeod
What in the blue hell do you think you’re doing, lad?

Chuck holds up a book in his hands.

Chuck Matthews
The Picture of Dorian Gray. Ever read it? It's a personal favor-

Porter MacLeod
You know exactly what I am talking about, lad. When you called me up and asked me to sign the Legends Tour contract, I told you I’d be happy to on one condition. That you would not sign my son under an IWF contract, ever. You knew he was on the indy circuit, and you knew how much that pissed me off. I thought we were on good terms, lad. What the fuck happened?

Chuck Matthews
Business. It's always business. Your son has valuable skills that I think will benefit me and my plans for IWF. He was on board with the idea...who was I to deny him the opportunity?

Porter MacLeod
You gave me your word, lad! You promised he would never be signed to an IWF contract!

Chuck sighs.

Chuck Matthews
Yes, yes, I promised. I gave my word. I told you I would never sign your son to an IWF Contract.

He allows himself a small smirk.

Chuck Matthews
But I said nothing about signing him to Matthews Enterprises. It works better this way, really. I get a talented young wrestler, untouchable by Sanchez and Casey, and Logan can follow his dreams and be the star he thinks he can be. I'm still a man of my word...and you're still an overprotective, bad father.

Porter takes his hands and rakes everything off of Chuck Matthews’ desk into the floor. He slams both of his hands upon the desk and points his finger inches from Chuck’s face.

Porter MacLeod
Don’t you EVER disrespect me about my family, EVER again. I’ve done the best I could for my family, literally broke my damned neck for this business to bring home a good payday for my family to live off of. I’ve raised my son the best I know how, even when his whore of a mum was off doing god knows what and me on the road! You can fire me or suspend me or whatever the hell you like, but you mention my family ever again, and I can swear to you that you’ll carry the worst ass kicking of your life, lad!

Chuck Matthews
Let me remind you, Porter, that I am one of the most powerful men, not only in this industry, but in the entire world. I have the power to make your life very difficult. Fact of the matter is, I did something you don't like, and I did it entirely within the conditions of our agreement. Next time, maybe you should read the fine print, aye? 'Lad?' Now if you'll excuse me...

Chuck leans back, propping his feet up on the desk and flipping open his book. Porter glares and Chuck for a moment before turning and exiting the room as forcefully as he entered it.

The show cuts back to ringside, where Rick and Matt sit at commentary.

Rick - Not exactly sure how wise that decision by Porter MacLeod was.

Matt - Porter? Chuck went against the man's family and hired his son! Chuck is the asshole here, not Porter!

Rick - Chuck didn't get to be as business savvy as he is by playing nice. I wouldn't question that man if I were you, Matt.

Heather Thompson - The following contest is scheduled for one-fall!

The arena lights go down and after a few seconds of darkness and Matt Bellamy’s vocals filling the PA system, a huge explosion goes off above the Tron and the beginning riff on the guitar begins to play throughout the arena, the stadium is filled with red lights blinking on and off as the riff begins to play for Muse’s “New Born.”

Cade then calmly makes her way out of the curtains and walks out a bit so the fans can recognize her, a great big white spotlight surrounds her as she slowly stretches out his left arm for a good three seconds, then extends her right arm in the same fashion. She then quickly turns around and raises both her arms in the air in coordination with large fire pyros at the top of the ramp which leap upwards. Cade then begins to strut her way down to the ring, with the spotlight following her at all times, swaying her shoulders back and forth before jumping up on the apron. Vanessa then turns to the Tron and hooks the ropes with both of her arms, looking at the crowd before entering the ring and doing a one-eighty spin with her arms extended as the crowd cheers her on. After that, Vanessa slowly goes toward the other side of the ring closest to the Tron and leans back against it, waiting for the start of the match.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first...from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada...she is the current Uprising Champion...VANESSA CADE!!

Rick - One month ago, this beautiful young woman defeated Parker Wayde, merging the ASWF Uprising Championship with the IWF Full Throttle belt.

Matt - She's the last daughter of ASWF...and she's proven to be the most successful of the old company. She's taken IWF by storm, that's for sure.

Rick - Quite possibly a future world champion in Vanessa Cade.

Heather Thompson - And the opponent, standing in the ring at this time...from Winston-Salem, North Carolina...weighing tonight at 247 pounds, he is the current High Impact Champion...PARKER WAYDE!!

Rick - Speaking of world champions in the making, how about THIS young man!

Matt - Twenty-three years old, and ALREADY a three-time champion here in IWF.

Rick - A Full Throttle Champion, and as of Fallout, a two-time High Impact Champion...this kid has only been moving up since his debut here in IWF, and I don't expect his train of momentum to slow down anytime soon.

The referee looks at Parker, then Vanessa, and calls for the bell.

Uprising Champion vs High Impact Champion
Vanessa Cade [vs] Parker Wayde

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Parker and Cade circle each other in the ring. Parker steps forward, and sends a kick to Vanessa's leg, taking her to the mat. He immediately drops, pulling Vanessa into a headlock.

Rick - Parker already going for the submission.

Matt - He's a submission expert, and a masterful technician. Don't let this man's size fool you.

Vanessa elbows Parker to the ribs and gets to her feet. Parker stands, and is greeted with a knee to the gut. Vanessa follows up with a DDT, then rolls him over for a quick count.

-1-

-2-

Parker forces his shoulder up.

Matt - Nothing doing in the early going.

Rick - Might we have a competitive match here?

The two competitors stand. Vanessa goes for a kick, but Parker catches it, taking her to the mat with a leg whip. He keeps hold of Cade's ankle, twisting it into an ankle lock. Vanessa tries to break free, reaching for the ropes. Parker continues contorting the leg, twisting her ankle every which way, screaming for her to tap.

Matt - A lot of submissions from Parker tonight.

Rick - He's not looking to repeat his loss. Just a month ago, Vanessa beat him and took the Full Throttle title. Parker wants it back.

Matt - What for? He's the High Impact Champion!

Parker releases her leg, then immediately drops an elbow across her back. He stands quickly and falls across her again. He rolls her over and goes for the quick pin.

-1-

-2-

Vanessa kicks out.

Matt - These two are putting on a great match so far!

Rick - Only one can win! Stay tuned!

The show cuts to commercial as Parker stands, stalking Vanessa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire It+s+a+burn+heal+_5b63f004d4b854464b3638f7da7f21a2Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire If-i-wanted-your-opinion-spiderman-oCE6Kq

And THIS is why Spider-Man is not the GM of Battle Grounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show returns to both Parker and Vanessa laid out in the center of the ring.

Rick - Welcome back to Battle Grounds, where we're watching a classic unfolding between Vanessa Cade and Parker Wayde!

Matt - During the break...well, this happened.

A clip plays in the bottom corner of Parker throwing Vanessa to the ropes. Vanessa rebounds off, and leaps up, going for a crossbody just as Parker jumps to do the same. The two collide in mid-air, and lie motionless on the mat.

Back in real-time, both slowly begin to stir. Parker throws a punch, rocking Vanessa. Vanessa reels back, and punches Parker across the face. Parker gets on one knee, slowly pushing himself to his feet. He throws another punch. Vanessa stands, and hits another blow. The two briefly trade punches, one after the other. Vanessa blocks the shot, and hits Parker again. Parker goes for a hit, but Vanessa blocks it. She follows with another shot, and another, driving Parker backwards to the ropes. Cade grabs Parker's arm, throwing him across the ring. Parker hits the ropes and rebounds back. Cade spins, looking to drive her elbow into Parker's face. Parker barely ducks the shot.

Rick - Dodged it!

Matt - Vanessa Cade was looking to knock him out cold!

Parker hits the opposite ropes, rebounding back. He throws a clothesline, straight to the back of Vanessa's head. She goes down hard. Parker grabs her arms, bridging over her, locking in the JTO.

Rick - That's it! JTO, center of the ring!

Matt - This one is over! Vanessa has to tap!

Vanessa screams, reaching for the ropes. Parker pulls back, forcing Vanessa's head and arms up, straining her neck and back. Vanessa tries to slip out, but can't. Parker tightens his grip, still tweaking the hold.

Rick - She can't move! She can't reach the ropes! She can't break free!

Matt - Tap out! JUST TAP OUT!

The referee drops down, looking for the submission. He looks at the two, in the center of the ring. He suddenly counts.

-1-

-2-

-3-

The referee calls for the bell.

Rick - WHAT?!

Matt - Parker's shoulders were down! He didn't even realize it!

Rick - But Cade tapped out!

The screen shows a replay, showing the referee's hand hit the mat just as Vanessa frantically taps out.

Matt - This is bullshit!

Rick - What the fuck happened?

The referee is seen, huddling with a second referee and the timekeeper. Finally, the head ref goes to Heather Thompson, and whispers in her ear.

Heather Thompson - I have been informed that there is disagreement among the referees. Vanessa Cade submit to Parker's hold at the same time the referee counted the three. As a result...this match is a DRAW!

Rick - I HATE DRAWS!

Matt - What a match, though!

Parker stands, glaring furiously at the referees. He makes a tapping motion on his arm, yelling at them.

Parker
SHE TAPPED OUT! SHE TAPPED OUT!

The show cuts to commercial.

The show returns to Parker, storming down the hallway. He bumps into Corey Casey.

Parker Wayde
Get the fuck-

He sees who he bumped into, and is immediately silent.

Corey Casey
You wanna finish that sentence?

Parker Wayde
You could really invest in more competent referees.

Corey Casey
So I've heard. Well...that's a discussion for another time. I was actually more interested in offering you a position.

Parker Wayde
In the Empire? Not interested.

Corey Casey
Do I need to remind you that I'm the Chairman of the IWF Board of Directors, and I could make your life either really miserable...or far, far easier?

Parker Wayde
How?

Corey Casey
I have the General Manager making matches at my request. You give me a name, and I'll see to it that Isabella makes it our main event next week.

Parker Wayde
Give me Stygian.

Corey Casey
Really? Why?

Parker Wayde
I lost two weeks ago. Losses are unacceptable. I WILL avenge that loss.

Corey smirks.

Corey Casey
I like the way you think, kid. So be it. Stygian against Parker Wayde, main event, next week.

Parker Wayde
Then you have yourself a deal.

The show goes to commercial.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire   Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire PECKERSUPPORTER
Shark brand underwear, "It's got a thing to hold your dick up yo!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We come back from commercial with Robbie Hart and Blaze already in the ring.

Heather Thompson
And introducing their opponents, introducing first, from Windsor, Ontario Canada, weighing 225 pounds, he is the holder of the inactive UECW World Title…Griffin Hawkins!

The lights suddenly go out in the arena, fans aren't expecting whats to happen next. Suddenly a young man shows up on the Titantron with long blonde hair as "Kicking and Screaming" hits. Pyros go off after a huge BOOOOOM as the lights come back on. Griffin Hawkins walks from behind the ramp. He stops and raises both Devil horns in the air as the crowd goes wild. He walks down the aisle, fans cheering him as he slaps hands with a few fans.

He makes his way up the ring steps, soaking in the fan appreciation as he smiles at a few screaming female fans. He goes through the ropes and gets on the ropes, raising the devil horns in the air, pumping up the crowd. He gets down from the ring ropes and takes off his leather rocker jacket and goes out of the ring and looks over at the fans. He takes off his silver aviator sunglasses and puts them on a lucky young fan, patting him on the head. He makes his way back into the ring and relaxes on the ring ropes.

Heather Thompson
And his tag-team partner weighing in at 315 pounds, he is the IWF World Heavyweight Champion, from Bullhead City, Arizona…STYGIAN!

The lights die down until only a faint, pale white light shines on the stage, which is rolling with smoke as Dragonforce’s “Cry Thunder” blasts over the arena. Slowly a black, high-backed leather chair rises through the stage, within which Stygian sits. Lilith and Lilah are on either side of him in purple and pink (respectively) satin robes with matching halos and angel wings. Stygian holds a glass containing a red, glowing, smoking liquid in his hand. (It's actually just berry-flavored Gatorade Prime 01 and the glass is rigged with a dry-ice layer and an LED, but it still looks cool.) Stygian sits in the chair, swirling the liquid in the glass round with a bored look as the intro winds into the main riff, whereupon he knocks the glass back in one gulp and sets the glass aside. When the main riff kicks in the girls tear off their robes and angel wings to reveal that if they're any kind of angels at all, they're Victoria's Secret Angels. A wall of fire erupts from the front of the stage and burns down either side of the ramp, framing it in flames, and ending in a blast of pyro from the ring posts that may possibly be visible from space. When the blast at the stage is clear, Stygian is standing with the girls at his side and he leads them down to the ring. About halfway down the ramp they tear off their halos and fling them into the crowd.

Time after time, as we march side-by-side
Through the valleys of evil and torturing souls,
Night after night, for the glory we fight,
In the kingdom of madness and the tales from the old.

Dead by our hand, for the higher command,
As the darkness surrounds us we fight and they fall,
Fly by with steel, as the tyrants will kneel,
Hearts growing stronger with the power of the sword.

Stygian stops at ringside. Lilith steps in front of him, Lilah slips behind. Lilith undoes Stygian's belt and unbuckles his coat. She runs her hands over Stygian's chest and slips his coat off his shoulders. Lilah pulls from the back and peels it off him, revealing the IWF World Title. Lilah hands the jacket to a crew member who waits nearby. Stygian and Lilith make a little small talk, before Lilith saunters over to the ring steps, where she is joined by Lilah. The pair of them climb the steps and walk along the apron and strike salacious poses a few feet in from either ring post.

Set sail for the glory,
And pray for the master of war
Tyrants will fall by the wastelands
And we'll rise like the heroes before

Stygian reaches up, grabs the top rope and pulls himself onto the ring apron in one step. He turns to the crowd and holds both arms up, cueing an explosion from above the ring, and a continuous shower of gold sparks in time with the start of the chorus.

Cry Thunder!
Sword in his hand,
Titans of Justice, Fearless We Stand
Cry Thunder!
Strong in command
Blessed by the union; freedom of man

He waits for a few seconds, and then steps over the top rope and into the ring, standing in the middle of it with his arms raised. The song goes through its chorus again, winding down as Stygian lowers his arms and lazily slumps into his corner, passing the IWF World Title to Lilith and huddling up with Hawkins.

Robbie and Blaze have already decided that Robbie will start. Griffin and Stygian are huddled up in their corner. They play rock/paper/scissors, with Griffin winning. Stygian steps out and the ref calls for the bell.

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire Mainevent
Tag Team Match
Robbie Hart and Baron Thompson [vs.] Stygian and Griffin Hawkins

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Rick—So we are not going to see a preview of what it looks like will be a likely return match for the IWF title at the end of the month.

Matt—Yeah, you have to think Robbie wants his belt back, and Stygian wants to settle that score one-on-one.

Robbie and Griff circle around one another, locking up and shoving back and forth. Robbie comes away with an arm wrench. Hawkins turns in, kicks Robbie in the gut and gets his own. Robbie steps in, Griff switches to a hammer lock and Robbie drops down into a snapmare. He puts on a rear chin lock and stretches Hawkins.

Rick—These two have tons of technical ability, both have a strong lucha base.

Matt—The both have martial arts backgrounds as well.

Griff is in pain, but when the ref asks if he wants to submit, he looks more irritated than anything else. Hawkins grabs Robbie’s wrists and tries to break the lock, Robbie steps up and knees him in the back, keep the hold locked in. Griff reaches back and grabs Robbie’s hair, but the ref slaps his hand. Griffin looks at the ref, then over his shoulder at Robbie before he spins from his ass to all fours and stands, Robbie keeps him in a front face lock and tries a suplex. Griffin blocks it, circles around and powers Robbie Hart back into his corner. He drives his shoulders into Robbie’s gut a few times, and Stygian reaches over and tags himself in.

Rick—Griffin and Stygian had a little chat backstage, they seem to get along.

Matt—Doesn’t surprise me. They both hate Alexander Remington, and they both love Hair Metal. Seriously, if you ever watch these guys Spotify feeds…you can smell the Aqua Net.

Rick—I don’t have them on Spotify.

Matt—You don’t have them on facebook.

Rick—Mostly because they don’t like me.

Matt—Truth.

Stygian steps into the ring, Griffin pulls Robbie out of the corner, holds his arm up to expose his mid-section, and Stygian comes in with a heavy right hand that forces Robbie to his knees.

Rick—Now we see what’s probably going to be the World Heavyweight Title match at the end of the month.

Matt—What do you think, regular match?

Rick—I’m thinking ladder match, but we’ll have to see.

Stygian drags Robbie up and lifts him into Suplex position and holds…holds…h o l d s…he reaches out his free hand while still holding Robbie up. Griffin tags in and Stygian drops Robbie Hart down to the mat. Griffin Hawkins Grabs the top rope an comes in with a slingshot somersault leg drop, he floats over into a cover.

-1-

-2-

Robbie kicks out. Griffin pulls Robbie up and whips him, but Robbie reverses. Griffin flies back with a clothesline the Robbie ducks. Griffin comes off the far side and when Robbie ducks again, Griffin Hawkins catches him with a swinging neckbreaker. Griffin shoots the half nelson and covers.

-1-

-2-

Robbie kicks out again. Griffin Hawkins stands up, hits the ropes and comes back with an elbow drop. He transitions to a side headlock and stretches out, really cranking on Robbie’s neck. Baron Thompson and Isabella Sanchez are talking back and forth in the corner as Griffin cranks on Robbie’s neck.

Rick—Stygian and Griffin are really working well together so far.

Matt—Corey Casey has declared open war on IWF and Chuck Matthews seems to be fighting back, but so far he doesn’t have anyone openly declaring loyalty to him.

Rick—Chuck doesn’t need that, not yet anyway. Right now he’s got guys united by a common hatred of Corey Casey and the various guys he’s piling together.

Matt—I think he’s got two right here!

Rick—I think so, how many guys actually have autographed copies of Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich?

Matt—These two.

The ref checks if Robbie wants to give up, Robbie shouts “no”. He tries to fight out of the headlock, but Griff has done a good job of putting his body weight down so Griff can’t get out.

Rick—Shoulders are down!

-1-

-2-

Robbie gets his shoulder up!

Matt—Robbie almost got caught there.

Robbie rolls to his side to alleviate some of the pressure. Hawkins tries to stretch him back down, but Robbie rakes his eyes. Hawkins breaks the hold. Robbie gets to his feet and bolts towards his corner, but Hawkins quickly scissors his legs around Robbie’s ankle and stretches every inch of his long, lean 6’2” frame to tag Stygian. Robbie turns to try and get free of Griffin, and gets a Spartan Kick between the eyes for his trouble.

Rick—This is textbook. I don’t know if Griffin Hawkins has done a lot of tag wrestling, but I know Stygian avoids it at all costs.

Matt—Stygian was a multiple tag champion in Japan.

Rick—They’ve cut the ring in half here!

Stygian hauls Robbie up and shoves him into the neutral corner, following up with three carefully measured elbows.

Rick—You will not see any elegant chain wrestling from Stygian. You won’t see any classic technical basics, it’s power and brutality from the IWF World Champion.

Stygian pulls Robbie Hart out of the corner and right into a brutal short-arm clothesline that flips him inside out. He turns as Robbie lands and drives a forearm into his throat. He drops down as if to cover, but instead just grates the hard bit of his forearm into the bridge of Robbie’s nose. The ref counts the illegal hold.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Stygian breaks the hold and just covers Robbie.

-1-

-2-

Robbie kicks out violently. He surges to his feet faster than Stygian and catches him with a huge right hand to the face. He follows up with another and another, backing the big man to the ropes. Robbie whips Stygian off the ropes, Stygian reverses and sends Robbie for the ride. Robbie comes back and Stygian ducks down for a back body drop, but he’s too early, Robbie kicks him in the head, knees him in the gut, and spikes the big man to the mat face-first with a DDT.

Rick—What a spike, he really planted the champ there.

Matt—Stygian is dazed, Robbie is down and out after being double teamed through the early stages of this match, both men need the tag.

Robbie rolls over and crawls towards his corner, Baron Thompson looks on with no discernible expression. Griffin slaps the top turnbuckle with one hand and is frantically reaching out towards Stygian with the other, but the IWF Champion is not moving. Robbie gets about halfway towards the corner when Stygian finally flips over and gets pointed towards his corner. Robbie glances over his shoulder, shoots up to his feed and dives into his corner…only for Blaze to jump off the apron and leave him hanging.

Rick—What the Hell?

Matt—I don’t get it…

Robbie looks down at Baron Thompson in shock, yelling at him to get back on the apron, Baron shakes his head; Isabella Sanchez waves Robbie off dismissively. Robbie kicks the rope, demanding Blaze tag in. Behind him Stygian tags Griffin in. Griffin steps into the ring and circles around behind him as Robbie continues to argue with his tag partner who has left him high and dry. Robbie spits at Blaze who wipes it off as Isabella points behind Robbie. Robbie turns…right in to Hawkins’ boot.

Rick—Shot in the dark from the defunct UECW world champion.

Matt—Lights out!

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Heather Thompson
Ladies and gentlemen, here are your winners, Stygian and Griffin Hawkins!

Rick—World Champions stand tall, but that’s not the story.

Matt—Robbie Hart was abandoned by his tag team partner, what’s the story there?

Rick—I think we’re going to get some answers.

The crowd boos as Corey Casey and The Empire walks out from the back…surrounded by about a dozen IWF Security personnel, led by Jack Savage. Predictably Stygian ducks out of the ring and charges towards the throng. Savage orders the men to get in front of everyone and head him off. Security forms two lines, Stygian blows through them and tries to get his hands around the throat of one Alexander Remington, but security recovers and restrains him. A dozen men rally to stop Stygian just as his fist is about to connect with Remington, it falls about five inches short. Remington smirks and waves at the IWF Champion as security tries to shove him away. Savage steps between Stygian and Remington. Alex hands Jack a steel briefcase, presumably filled with the ten million dollar bounty…and Savage lights Stygian’s face up with it. Stygian falls over, and security ushers him out, with Lilith and Lilah following behind, Lilith carrying the IWF title. Griffin Hawkins passes by next, looking at Alex and shaking his head in disgusted shame and walking to the back.

The rest of The Empire casually walks down to the ring deliberately, fanning out to surround the ring as Robbie Hart slowly comes to.

Rick—This isn’t gonna be good. I doubt they just hung him out to dry only to recruit him now.

Robbie looks around the ring frantically. Savage tries to climb into the ring, Robbie stomps on him coming in. Then the rest of the Empire rushes in and overpowers him.

Matt—It’s six on one, nobody can fight that.

Robbie is on the mat as the rest of The Empire is doing a Mexican Hat Dance with Robbie as the hat. Baron Thompson breaks away from the pack as Parker Wade and Phillip Joseph pull Robbie to his feet. Savage, still holding Remington’s briefcase, bounds off the ropes and makes an imprint of Robbie Hart’s skull in the brushed stainless steel. Robbie drops to his knees a bloody mess; the only reason he doesn’t fall over is because Parker and Phillip are holding him up by the arms. Alexander Remington procures a microphone as Corey Casey climbs into the ring with Isabella Sanchez. Remington hands Corey the mic while Blaze digs under the ring.

Corey Casey
Robbie, Robbie, Robbie…I had such high hopes for you. Hey, wake up, LISTEN TO ME!

Corey slaps Robbie in the face a few times until he comes to. Robbie tries to fight out of the grasp of the men holding him, but they’ve got him. They haul Robbie to his feet.

Corey Casey
This was going to be all yours, man. Look around, I’ve got sadists, I’ve got killers, I’ve got ruthless people, but you were going to be the cornerstone of The Empire. You were going to be my golden boy…and then you lost the gold. You lost the gold to the man I have sworn will be collecting welfare checks by the time I’m done with him. You let that ungrateful mercenary shit stain steal my world title…AGAIN. Everyone here, take a look at Robbie Hart. This is the price for failure. Not just failure, but betrayal. You betrayed me Robbie, and if you betray me you betray IWF. It’s time the world saw the consequences of crossing The Empire.

Corey hands the mic to Isabella and Robbie is led over the side of the ring where Baron Thompson has set up a table. Blaze douses the table in lighter fluid and tosses the can aside. He opens a book of matches, striking one, and using it to light the rest of them. He lights the table on fire, and Parker knees Robbie in the groin. They toss Robbie to Blaze. Blaze hooks him up, lifts and drives him through the flaming table with Blazing Perfection. The fire is put out by the impact more or less, and Robbie lies crumpled in the heap. Corey and Isabella stand over him.

Isabella Sanchez
There’s no place in IWF for you anymore, Robbie…you’re FIRED!

The Empire celebrates over Robbie’s broken body as paramedics rush to attend Robbie at ringside to end the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire   Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds LIII: The Empire
Page 1 of 1