Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign   Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

The scene opens in a war torn city with many buildings half burned and pillars of smoke rising in the air. The sound of sirens and panicked screams fill the open streets as the camera zooms in to see pockets of people running in diffrent directions. Here we seen Jack Savage and Philip Joseph leading men in black swat team style uniforms into the allyways, armed with assault rifles they fire into the air sending the scared people scattering all over like ants. Another group led by Baron Tomson enters in with flamethrowers shooting at every building in sight. Baron is wearing a black ops style fire proof uniform with the Empire insigna on the chest. He carries two speically made flamethrowers attached to his arms with a backpack carrying two large gas canisters. He has a fillered in mask that covers the lower portion of his face but leaves the eyes and forehead exposed. He turns to one building that was unscathed and points both flamethrowers at it before unleashing a heavy stream of fire that engulfs it.

We then see two Elite guards followed by Parker wearing what looks to be a cybernetic suit with nano wires running through it. At the side of him is Alexander Remington wearing an expensive looking Lex Luther style suit. He scans the buildings, a twisted, insane smile slowly spreading across his features.

Alexander Remington
YES! Burn it, burn it all! We will destroy the old IWF and from the ashes, a new reign will arise, a reign that IWF can truly be proud of!

Suddenly, very familiar music plays as Alexander and the remaining Empire Sqauds look around to see where the music is coming from. Just then Stygian appers alongside with Griffin Hawkins, Silas Romero and Ethan Cage. Stygian balls his fist and smashes the ground sending a shockwave that knocks a group of Alexander's men into the air like bowling pins. Baron, Philip, Jack and Parker move into one side while Stygian and his group move to the other. Each person looking at their respected opponets, it becomes a staredown until Alexander steps in and point at Stygian with a look of anger.

Alexander Remington
GET THEM!!

Both sides charge in and as they collide a huge explosion engulfs the screen as the Battle Grounds logo appers.

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Bg2012
LIVE from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Oklahoma-city-header

The phoenix sits still for a moment before exploding into flames. The scene then shows the inside of the sold out Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Fire explodes out of the four ring corners, and fireworks begin exploding up either side of the ramp before sending a massive fireworks display on the stage. A jet of flame erupts on the stage, reaching up to the screen, where the IWF Phoenix logo appears. The camera pans across the crowd, taking in some of their signs.

"IWF FTW"" STEEL ANGEL IS BACK BITCHES!!""I LOVE ETHAN CAGE!""OH HAI!""THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" < "Lame Star Wars pun FTL.""REDEMPTION, THY NAME IS PARKER!!!"

The camera pans over to show Rick Christian and Matt Biggars, both of whom are sitting behind the announcer’s table

Rick - Hello loyal IWF fans, welcome to another explosive episode of Battle Grounds! I'm Rick Christian alongside with me as always Matt Biggars.

Matt - Man Rick the Empire are really stacking the deck in their favor this week. Tonight the Empire's Assassin takes on Griffin Hawkins with Alexander as the ref.

Rick - Something tells me he isn't gonna call that one down the middle.

Matt - Nope but that's not all, Parker has called out the World Champion and tonight they will face each other in our main event.

Rick - Last time Parker squared off against Stygian he got crushed in record time. Parker being the newest member of the Empire seeks retribution. Will he get it tonight?

Matt - Enough questions, let’s get into the action.

The scene changes to Heather Thompson for the following matchup.

Heather Thompson - Ladies and Gentlemen, the following match is set for one fall.

Blind starts up as the light flash in time with the music, pyro goes off as the are you ready hits....the words FRANCHISE flashes across the screen as John Tolly makes his way down to the ring, he sneers at the crowd as he saunters down the ramp. As he slides into the ring before poseing in the ring.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first, from Champaign weighing in at 240 pounds, John Trolly!

Rick - Last week we saw John take a fireball to the face, I can only hope he's fully recovered.

Matt - I don't think it's so much the physical well being as it is the mental well being of John that needs to be taken into question.

Rick - What do you mean Matt?

Matt - Well this guy got fucking backstabbed by his own best friend Philip, and the worse part of it is he didn't see it coming till it was too late.

Rick - Well regardless, let's see if he can get back on the saddle as he takes on one of IWF's newest talents.

The lights dim as "Prepare Yourself" by the Immortals begins to play. The stage light reveal a swirl of greens and blues, as Johnny Cage and Becky Valiant come out from behind the curtain. Cage walks down, wearing his sunglasses and a serious demeanor. Becky walks down grinning and getting the crowd pumped up.

When they reach the ring, Cage jogs up the ring steps and walks halfway down the apron. He finally grins at the audience and a smirk crosses his face as he hops into the ring between the second and top rope. Johnny then holds the second and bottom rope for Becky, as she then enters the ring.

Johnny Cage goes over to the ropes and pulls down on the top rope, stretching out. Becky continues to amp out the crowd, showcasing Johnny Cage.

Heather Thompson - And his opponent, from Hollywood, California weighing 235 pounds, Johnny Cage!

Rick - Johnny Cage a former movie star, a black belt in Karate and multi time champion in UECW. Johnny now has his sights set on continuing his career here tonight with a big win.

Matt - Doesn’t he remind you of that video game character from Mortal Kombat?

Rick - Why? Just because he has the same name?

Matt - That and he also has similar accomplishments.

Rick - Well I can only hope he doesn’t take John's head clean off in this match.

The ref looks at both men then signals the bell.

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Match
Johnny Cage [vs.] John Tolly

[Ding Ding Ding]

John moves in but Johnny lashes out with some quick strikes that cause John to back away. Johnny pelts him with lefts and rights to the face before delivering a backhand that staggers John towards the ropes.

Rick - Johnny starting off big here.

Matt - You don't wanna get into a fist fight with Cage, he's a black belt in Karate and can use that to keep you at bay.

The ref moves in to check on John while Johnny charges with clothesline attempt but John intercepts the move and catches Johnny in a powerslam.

Rick - John with the advantage now.

Matt - Seems like a smart idea, Johnny can't use those martial art moves while on the ground.

John then mounts Johnny who rolls on his stomach, John starts raining forearms to the neck and cross blows to the face. Johnny tries his best cover up which causes John to get off of him and drop an elbow right to the back of Jonny keeping him down.

Rick - Johnny looks to be in deep trouble.

Matt - He's gotta get back on his feet Rick, he can't do much from his current position.

John drops a few more elbows to the back before sitting on Johnny and locking in a camel clutch.

Rick - Camel clutch locked in.

Matt - Adding more pressure onto that back; try to soften him up as much as possible.

Johnny screams out in pain but manages to reach the bottom rope. John holds on despite the ref telling him to break it as he starts counting.

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Just as the ref gets to 5, John lets go and rolls off of Johnny. He smirks as he gets to his feet and stalks his opponent who is pulling the ropes with one hand and holding his back with the other.

Rick - Good thing Johnny had the awareness to grab that bottom rope and break the hold.

Matt - But the damage might have already been done Rick, he's favoring that back.

Johnny using the ropes is able to get to his feet as Becky rallies the crowd with repeated claps. John walks towards Johnny who catches him with a kick to the gut causing him to double down. He then follows with another kick to the jaw which causes John to stand straight up holding his jaw. Johnny then goes for the homerun swing with a roundhouse which John ducks under, John then grabs Johnny as his back is turned and lifts him up with a back suplex taking him down.

Rick - Johnny trying to mount some kind of offense but no matter what he does, John finds a way to kill his momentum.

Matt - These two know each other well, John is using that experience to his advantage.

John rolls Johnny to his back as the ref counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

Johnny is able to get the shoulder up as John shakes his head.

Matt - Not enough man.

Rick - John has to do more damage, Johnny isn't going down without a fight.

John picks Johnny back up and irish whips him towards a corner. However the ref inadvertently gets in the way and Johnny just manages to put the brakes. However he shoves the ref out of the way and moves just in time as John runs at full speed with a body splash, only to be met with turnbuckle pad as his face hits it.

Rick - Johnny with that instinct of his was able to move away just as John was about to finish him off.

Matt - This is his only window of opportunity Rick, he's gotta take it now.

The ref is busy picking himself off the floor where Johnny shoved him, meanwhile John is staggering to the center of the ring where Johnny is waiting for him. He does a split and rams his fist right into John's balls, the resulting impact causes John's eyes to grow wide as his legs buckle inward and he falls to his knees clutching his hurt testicules.

Matt - What a Split-Nut Punch by Johnny!

Rick - The ref didn't see it, Johnny needs to finish this.

Matt - Finish him Johnny!

Rick - I gave you that one didn't I?

Johnny smirks as John is lying on the floor still holding his groin; he waits till John pushes himself off the floor before taking a short run and leaping in the air. He kicks John right on the temple knocking him back down.

Rick - Carnage Kick!

Matt - John is out, Cage needs only to pin him.

Johnny is still favoring his back but manages to roll John to his shoulders and pins him. The ref has finally recovered and drops down to count.

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell.

[Ding Ding Ding]

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Johnny Cage!

The ref helps Johnny to his feet as Becky climb in the ring and raises his right arm while the ref holds his left in victory; Johnny has a confident smirk as he looks at the camera.

Rick - What a win by Johnny, for a moment I thought John had him.

Matt - Well it was going good until that bump on the turnbuckle, that's when things went downhill for him.

Rick - Congrats to Johnny Cage for a hard fought win.

The camera focuses on Johnny and Becky celebrating as we cut to backstage.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts backstage where Porter is talking to a couple of the new, younger guys in the IWF.

Porter
So yeah, we were in Toledo I think. I was cutting a promo, and I see a lad out in the crowd with his back to me and he was waving his hands. It took me by surprise for a few seconds then it dawned on me that he was signing for people and there was a group of deaf people in the crowd that he was signing to. So I let the promo keep rocking on for a few more minutes and I just randomly start bursting out into Bohemian Rhapsody. You know how funny the word Gallileo looks to sign? Fucking hilarious. Especially when I'm speed-singing it. The lad was so pissed I thought he was going to give me his own kind of sign language.

The wrestlers burst out laughing when Porter's manager, Percy Diamond comes running up to him out of breath.

Percy
Portah, I just got some good news for ya. I've found Batboy.

Porter
Aw, come on lad. That shit's just for promos. We all know he's not going to show his ugly mug up for a long time.

Percy
No, for real Portah. He's back. Not in IWF, but he's back in NLWF again!

Porter
You're shitting me? You're sure?

Percy
I'm positive, that's where he's at!

Porter
Where's their next show?

Percy
Nobody knows. It's being kept under wraps for some reason. But I've got a few leads on people who might now. I was talking to a trustworthy source on how to find him, and they mentioned a few names. A guy named Gordon, and a two guys named Bruce.

Porter
Well, hell. Let's get to it, lad.

They leave as the camera goes to commercials.

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign 8dc508d96db2b7acfdef869cd16296a8

Stygian says "When IWF is ashes; Alexander Remington has my permission to fuck off and die."

We cut back to the ring where we can see Mr. Enigma and Ethan Drake already in the ring on opposite corners. Heather Thompson is standing in the center with mic in hand.

Heather Thompson - The following is a fatal four way match set for for one fall, introducing first already in the ring, from parts unknown weighing at 250 pounds.......Mr. Enigma!

Mr. Enigma poses to the crowd getting hardly any reaction.

Rick - We're back in what should be a interesting matchup between some new talent here tonight ready to make a name for themselves.

Matt - Yes indeed, by the way why is Enigma dressed weird?

Rick - That's Mr. Enigma to you Matt.

Matt - That dosen't answer my question.

Rick - Ughh Facepalm.

Heather Thompson - Introducing also already in the ring from Sydney Austrailia weighing in at 238 pounds Ethan Drake.

Ethan Drake climbs the turnbuckle behind him and raises both arms in the air, much like Mr. Enigma he receives little response.

Rick - Neither of these guys getting any love from the crowd tonight.

Matt - It takes more than a fancy name or a background to win the fans over Rick. You gotta show them what you're capable inside that ring as well. So far these guys haven't really shine all that well.

Rick - I'd say give em a few weeks, it's too early to say whether or not these guys are ready for prime time.

Static burst on the Screen , the lights go out an a spotlight forms on Devlin as he slowly strolls out to the chords of "The Dream is Collapsing" Looking about the arena with a smile as he then bounces down the arena and then picks up the pace, sunglasses and jacket coming off as the lights raise and he salutes the crowd, sliding easily under the bottom rope and preparing for his opponent after heading atop a turnbuckle and giving the crowd another salute , a foot sliding across him in the middle of the ring as if saying "Here's the line, Come cross it."

Heather Thompson - And their opponet from Chiago, Illinois weighing at 235 pounds......Devlin Raine!

Rick - This guy however might be one of our next rising stars.

Matt - We've seen many guys come and go but I agree, Devlin has the tools to move on to great things. He just needs the right motivation.

Rick - A win here will do just that.

Art of Dying plays as Gordon Fury moves in through the shower pyro the falls from the entrance ramp. Wearing a dark hoodie as he surveys the crowd. He throws back his hood exposing his face as he runs down the ramp slapping high fives on the way down. He slids in and discards the hoodie which he hands to the ref, jumping towards one turnbuckle and waving at the fans getting them riled up. He jumps back down and waits for the bell.

Heather Thompson - And from Mackay, Australia weighing 210 pounds, Gordon Fury!

Rick - Another new talent here to show what he can do in that ring.

Matt - He seems like a cheerful guy, I wonder if he ever seen batman before?

Rick - You don't th-

Matt - I'm not.

Rick - Good.

The ref checks all four men before calling the bell.

Fatal Fourway Match
Devlin Raine [vs.] Mr. Enigma [vs.] Ethan Drake [vs] Gordon Fury

[Ding Ding Ding]

Gordon goes after Mr. Enigma and the two trade blows while Devlin and Ethan meet in the center of the ring, they engage in a test of strength before Devlin knees the gut and hooks Ethan while he's reeling and nails the Fourth Wall Buster.

Rick - Wow Fourth Wall Buster already!?!?

Matt - Devlin just knocked Ethan's lights out with that move!

Ethan is rolled outside while Gordon gains the upper hand in the fist fight, he ducks wild swing and bounces off the ropes, using the added boost to deliver a spear that takes Mr. Enigma off his feet.

Matt - Holy shit what a spear!

Rick - He's gonna be having trouble eatting for awhile.

Mr. Enigma clutches his stomich in pain as he too rolls out of the ring to catch a breather. Meanwhile Gordon and Devlin stare at each other and slap a handshake as they dance around each other for a moment before engaging an elbow tieup at the center.

Matt - Well the weak links have been removed at the moment, now we get to see these two sqaure off.

Gordon manages to flip Devin over with a fireman carry that takes him down, Devlin gets back up and leap frogs over Gordon who tries for a double leg takedown. Devlin runs in as Gordon gets to his feet and picks him up and drives him back first into the turnbuckle. He rams the shoulder into the gut a few times before doing a backflip and charging in with another tackle. Gordon manages to flip over Devlin using the ropes which causes Devlin to ram his shoulder into the metal post.

Matt - Some fast pace back and forth action.

Rick - These two have similer styles, this has all the makings of a good match.

Gordon waits as Devlin turns around and he hits a hip toss flipping Devling over with his hurt arm. Devlin comes back up into another hip toss, Gordon then tries for a drop kick which gets blocked by Devlin. He gets back up only to take a shining wizard to the face as Devlin covers.

-1-

-2-

Gordon kicks out.

Rick - Both of these guys keeping the pace going.

Matt - And Gordon showing heart by kicking out of that Raine of Terror.

Devlin and Gordon on their feet start doing kicks and flips and moves that get countered in some way shape or form, this action finally ends when both men bouce off the ropes opposite of each other and come in with a cross body. They both slam into each other and roll away while grabbing their sides.

Rick - Finally the face pace slows down a tad.

Matt - No kidding, I was having a hard time keeping up with them.

Both men crawl towards the ropes as the ref counts.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Gordon manages to reach the ropes and starts pulling himself up.

-4-

-5-

-6-

Devlin also gets to the ropes and gets to his feet, both men appering out of breath and sweating.

Rick - This is intense.

Matt - These men have got to be feeling the effects of this match Rick.

Both men met back in the center and try for a lock up, Devlin breaks the grip and nails the Hadou-ken, double palm strike to the chest. Gordon staggers back a few steps clutching his chest, Devlin tries to follow up with a clothesline but Gordon finds the backdoor, ducks under and grabs the back of the head driving it down his knee.

Rick - Gordon out of nowhere hits the Dread Spike!

Matt - They are both down.

Both men lay on the matt panting, then Gordon manages to roll over and place one arm around Devlin's chest as the ref counts the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell as the crowd goes nuts.

[Ding Ding Ding]

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Gordon Fury!

Rick - What a back and forth match between these two.

Matt - And a great win for the new guy, man many of these new guys are really stepping up.

Rick - You gotta wonder what will be in store for this young man's career.

Matt - He keeps this up, I can see gold in his future.

Gordon is helped to his feet and celebrates with the crowd as we cut to Griffin Hawkins in the back getting himself a Cherry Coke out of the Soda Machine. Before he can leave, Empire Members Alexander Remington, Phillip Joseph, and Baron Tomson come up to him. Remington has a cold glare on his face as he stares at his future opponent.

Griffin Hawkins
Hey..I don't have enough Soda for all three of you...some of you have to share...

Alexander Remington
Heh Heh..still got jokes huh Hawkins? You don't seem so cocky now when you're confronted.

Baron Tomson
I think he's scared of us guys..I can smell the fear on him.

Griffin Hawkins
No kid, what you smell on me is your momma...and that was because I had a 20 on me..

Baron gets angry and goes for Hawkins but Phillip holds him back.

Phillip Joseph
Easy Baron...save it for the match. You know something Hawkins, you've been running your mouth since you got here. It's time that we shut it for you.

Griffin Hawkins
Oh so all three of you are going to kick my ass?

Alexander Remington
Thats where you're wrong Hawkins. I don't need the Empire to pick you apart. Tonight Baron here is going to soften you up..and at Violent Impulse, I will finish the job and end your career.

Griffin Hawkins
Is that so?

Alexander Remington
Yes it is. Week after week you've been coming out and sticking your nose in business it doesn't belong in. You could have done things the easy way and joined with me and the Empire. But you stabbed me in the back when you decided to join Stygian's side. At Violent Impulse you're going to learn that its better to be with me...than against me.

Baron Tomson
Hey, lets not wait for tonight..lets not wait for Violent Impulse. We can take this pretty boy apart right here.

The three come closer as Hawkins is prepared to defend himself as he gets in fighting stance. But suddenly the three back away just a little. Hawkins smirks to himself.

Griffin Hawkins
Thats right...I'm bad...

As he turns to the side, he suddenly notices Stygian coming up to them.

Stygian
You guys wouldn't be looking for a fight, would you?

Remington glares at Stygian and then at Hawkins.

Alexander Remington
This isn't over you little shit, you can't hide behind Superman's cape forever. At Violent Impulse..you're mine.

The three walk off. Hawkins is confused as he looks over at Stygian.

Griffin Hawkins
You..didn't really have to do that...

[b]Stygian
It was a chance to shove this vending machine up Reminton's ass. Do you really think I was gonna let it go.

Griffin Hawkins
Uh...I guess not..

[b]Stygian
Of course not. Walk with me Griff, We need to chat.

Stygian and Hawkins walk off together as Hawkins pops the tab on his Cherry Coke.

Last edited by Steel Angel on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign   Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Dyclox says:

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Real-Batman

The show comes back from commercial to show Rick Christian and Matt Biggars, both of whom are sitting behind the announcer’s table

Rick- And we’re back!

Matt- RICK! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS?!

Rick- Uh…

Matt- IT’S TIME FOR YET ANOTHER CLASSIC MATCH FEATURING Ethan Cage!

Rick- Ugh…

Matt- GET EXCITED!

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

“Your Betrayal” by Bullet for my Valentine blasts out of the house PA system as the drumline kicks in. As soon as the opening scream is heard. Jack Savage walks out from backstage, a smirk on his face as he looks out over the fans

Heather Thompson- From Green Bay, Wisconsin….Weighing in at 230 Pounds…Representing The Empire…Jack Savage!

Rick- I’ve got a question…why does The Empire and Corey Casey keep pushing Jack Savage?

Matt- What do you mean?

Rick- Here is a guy who has all the potential in the world…and yet he has seemed to be a bit lack luster as of late

Matt- Things happen, Rick. Maybe Jack Savage just isn’t hitting the gym or getting his regular training in as consistently as he’d like. But you know the worst thing is?

Rick- What’s that, Matt?

Matt- Jack Savage’s TROUBLES WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT BEthan CageAUSE NO ONE CAN DEFEAT Ethan Cage! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rick- Ugh…

Jack Savage walks down the entrance ramp slowly, taking his time, before sliding into the rings and walking over to the ring ropes. He hops up on the second rope, holding his clenched right fist over his heart for a moment before raising his fist to the sky. Jack Savage then hops down and looks at his opponent, a confident smirk on his face.

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

The arena goes black. And then there is a spotlight next to the stage showing a huge rectangular hole. The sound of a guitar riff is heard. The stage raises as Metallica is playing on the loudspeakers, Ethan Cage stands in the center with briefcase in hand.

Heather Thompson - From Las Vegas, Nevada…Weighing in at 238 pounds…He is the current holder of the IWF Championship Briefcase…Ethan Cage!

Rick- Ethan Cage is…

Matt- Ethan Cage IS FUCKING AWESOME! HE’S INCREDIBLE! HE’S UN-FUCKING-STOPPABLE!

Rick- HE SHOVED YOU OFF A LADDER LAST WEEK!

Matt- …I got better…

No life till leather
We are gonna kick some ass tonight
We got the metal madness
When our fans start screaming
It's right well alright
When we start to rock
We never want to stop again

Hit the lights
Hit the lights
Hit the lights

During the chorus Ethan Cage walks out in full gear, his vest hoodie over his eyes. He stops on the top of the entrance ramp.

You know our fans are insane
We are gonna blow this place away
With volume higher
Than anything today the only way
When we start to rock

Hit the lights

As soon as the first verse of the chorus is heard, Ethan flips his hoodie back exposing his face and two bursts of blue pyro is seen from both sides.

Hit the lights
Hit the lights

With all our screaming
We are gonna rip right through your brain
We got the lethal power

Ethan makes his way down the ramp and slides into the ring, never taking his eyes off his opponent.

It is causing you sweet pain Oh sweet pain
When we start to rock

Ethan hops the turnbuckle and faces the crowd and gives the finger with a smile, to which the crowd returns the gesture with boos.

Hit the lights
Hit the lights
Hit the lights

Ethan Cage drops down and hands the ref the IWF Championship briefcase. The ref places the IWF Championship briefcase outside of the ring before looking at both men and nodding while calling for the bell

Jack Savage [vs.] Ethan Cage

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Ethan Cage sprints across the ring the second the bell rings. As soon as he gets close enough, Ethan Cage leaps into the air, looking to connect a flying leg lariat on Jack Savage. However, Jack Savage manages to duck under the move at the last second, causing Ethan Cage to crash and burn in the corner turnbuckle. Ethan Cage’s back slams into the corner turnbuckle before falling to the canvas.

Jack Savage doesn’t wait for Ethan Cage to get up under his own power though. Jack Savage quickly leans down and drags Ethan Cage up to his feet. Jack Savage wraps his arm around Ethan Cage’s neck and dives to the side, spinning 360 before slamming Ethan Cage down to the canvas with a Hero’s Welcome. Jack Savage quickly drops down and attempts to pin Ethan Cage as the ref counts

-1-

Ethan Cage quickly kicks out

Rick- Ethan Cage perhaps thinking a little too aggressively here in the opening moments of this match up

Matt- It’s ok. Ethan Cage will bounce back! He’s the fucking best this business has to offer! Everyone knows this!

Jack Savage quickly leaps to his feet, leans down, and drags Ethan Cage up to a vertical position. However, before Jack Savage can make a move, Ethan Cage lashes out, catching Jack Savage in the gut with a big boot, causing Jack Savage to double over. Ethan Cage then positions himself so that Ethan Cage is standing right to Jack Savage’s right side. Ethan Cage then rolls backwards, as if going for a Russian leg sweep. However Ethan Cage and Jack Savage both roll through the move and up to a standing base. Ethan Cage then switches his leg position and then dives forward, slamming Jack Savage’s face into the canvas with a complete shot

Rick- Gorgeous move by Ethan Cage!

Matt- THERE IS NO ONE LIKE Ethan Cage IN IWF TODAY! Ethan Cage IS ONE OF A FUCKING KIND BABY!

Ethan Cage quickly leaps up to his feet and, after casting a pre-cautionary glance at Jack Savage’s motionless form, Ethan Cage runs to the corner turnbuckle. However, as opposed to climbing the turnbuckle, as soon as Ethan Cage gets close enough, Ethan Cage leaps into the air and lands on the second rope on the right side of the turnbuckle. Ethan Cage then springs backwards and rotates 180 degrees, landing on his feet in the standing position on the third rope on the left side of the turnbuckle. Ethan Cage then springs backwards, tucking his knees up to his chest while executing a moonsault. Ethan Cage then comes crashing down on Jack Savage’s prone form, driving both his knees into Jack Savage’s spine and kidneys

Rick- Woah!

Matt- NOW THAT IS AN INCREDIBLE MOVE! JUST AMAZINGLY AWESOME!

Rick- I…I don’t even know what to call that!

Matt- Just call it what it is! THE PLAY OF THE FUCKING DAY!!!!

Ethan Cage quickly drags himself over to Jack Savage and hooks Jack Savage’s leg as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3…

Jack Savage manages to kick out at the last second

Rick- Jack Savage somehow kicks out!

Matt- Jack Savage should’ve just stayed down…because now Ethan Cage is going to make damn sure he hurts Jack Savage!

Ethan Cage rolls his eyes at the ref as he slowly pulls himself up to his feet. Ethan Cage looks down at Jack Savage, who is coughing and holding his back while slowly trying to drag himself up to his feet. Ethan Cage suddenly looks down at his wrist, as if looking at a watch, and begins to tap his right foot

Ethan Cage
I don’t have all day here, bud. Let’s hurry this the fuck up!

Jack Savage finally manages to get to his feet…only to be met with a swift kick to the gut by Ethan Cage. Ethan Cage then hooks Jack Savage’s head and grabs Jack Savage’s left leg. Ethan Cage then lifts Jack Savage up, spins Jack Savage around so that Jack Savage goes up over Ethan Cage’s shoulders and right into the stunner position. Ethan Cage then drops down and drills Jack Savage with a cross-legged stunner

Rick- DIVINE INTERVENTION!

Matt- So named because it will take an act of God for Jack Savage to kick out of that!

Ethan Cage drops down and hooks Jack Savage’s legs as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is your winner…Ethan Cage!

Ethan Cage gets to his feet and allows the ref to hold his wrist aloft in victory, a smug smirk slowly creeping across his features

Rick- Ethan Cage continues to thrive here in IWF!

Matt- The sky is the limit for Ethan Cage!!!!

Ethan Cage suddenly rips his wrist out of the ref’s grasp and walks over to the ring ropes. Ethan Cage motions for a microphone, which the time keeper brings to Ethan Cage. Ethan Cage snatches the mic out of the ref’s hands and draws himself up to his full height.

Ethan Cage
Really? This is the best IWF can do?

Ethan Cage turns and looks at Jack Savage’s motionless body, which is still lying in the center of the ring. Ethan Cage turns his attention back over to the camera while walking towards the nearest corner turnbuckle

Ethan Cage
Jack Savage is the best competition IWF could find for me this week? It seems like all I have done is fight scrub after scrub, no body after no body, since winning the IWF World Heavyweight Championship briefcase. I’m getting bored. Honestly…I know that there isn’t a single person backstage or, hell, even a single person out there…

Ethan Cage motions to the fans gathered in the Chesapeake Energy Arena, eliciting a massive boo from the fans

Ethan Cage
…who could even be considered good enough to clean my boots, never mind step into the ring with me. Honestly, this just looks bad on IWF. Having a talent as undeniably awesome as Ethan Cage and just wasting his incredible in ring prowess and incredible wrestle skills each week by having him face no bodies week in and week out. I am the greatest…

“America” by Deuce suddenly blasts out of the house PA system

Rick- Now what?

Matt- I think Baron Tomson has some input he’d like to give Ethan Cage…

After a few moments, Baron Tomson walks out from backstage with Isabella Lynn Sanchez in tow. Baron Tomson has a microphone in one hand and his favorite lighter in the other. Baron Tomson smirks as he looks down the entrance ramp at Ethan Cage, who is prowling about the ring

Baron Tomson
Hey Cage…let me make one thing perfectly clear. You are NOT the best thing to happen to this business. You aren’t the most talented guy in the roster, you aren’t the one that sells out arenas each and every week, and you certainly aren’t the greatest anything. You want to know how I know?

Baron Tomson chuckles softly as Ethan Cage stares coldly up at Baron Tomson on the stage

Baron Tomson
I know you aren’t the greatest anything cause if you were, you’d be a member of The Empire…the greatest gathering of superstars in professional wrestling history

Ethan Cage laughs while pretending to wipe a tear from his eye

Ethan Cage
That’s classic. Here we are…with you, Baron Tomson, out here claiming that The Empire is “the greatest gathering of superstars in professional wrestling history.” Dude…didn’t you just see what I did to Jack Savage? I fucking destroyed him in no time flat! Isn’t he a member of your little Empire group?

Baron Tomson smiles coldly as he stares into the depths of Ethan Cage’s eyes

Baron Tomson
Jack Savage was just a warm up…the reason I’m out here right now, Cage, is to challenge you to a real test of skill.

Ethan Cage shields his eyes, pretending to search for someone or something behind Baron Tomson

Ethan Cage
I’m sorry…are you speaking for someone? Someone with skill? The reason I ask is due to the fact that, right now, all I see out here is a talentless pyro and Corey Casey’s little lap bitch…

A look of anger flashes across Isabella Lynn Sanchez’s face as Ethan Cage laughs

Ethan Cage
SEE WHAT I DID THERE?! INSTEAD OF LAP DOG I SAID LAP BITCH!

Baron Tomson turns and looks at Isabella Lynn Sanchez, reassuring her with his gaze before turning back to face Ethan Cage

Baron Tomson
If you are as great as you say you are…then you won’t mind fighting me in a match at Violent Impulse.

Ethan Cage sighs, rolling his eyes

Ethan Cage
Why should I even bother? You’re a nothing, another nobody who is just going to slow me down and waste my time. No…I don’t think I’ll fight you. If only due to the fact that I’d just destroy you in under a minute like I did to your buddy Jack Savage here

Isabella Lynn Sanchez suddenly walks over to Baron Tomson and motions for the mic, which Baron Tomson gives to her

Isabella Lynn Sanchez
You’re going to fight Baron Tomson at Violent Impulse, Ethan Cage. And it’s going to be in an Inferno Match!

Isabella Lynn Sanchez hands the mic back to Baron Tomson, who has a massive smirk on his face

Baron Tomson
See you then, sweet heart

BB drops the mic as “America” by Deuce plays over the PA system once more. The camera focuses on EC’s face for a few moments before cutting to the back

The camera cuts back to Percy and Porter walking through the halls in the locker rooms. Percy suddenly smirks as he sees Gordon Fury

Percy
Commissioner Gordon! Commissioner Gordon!

Porter MacLeod
Percy you dumb fuck, that's not the Commissioner. That's one of the new guys, Gordon Fury.

Percy
The reliable source said he'd know! Commissioner Gordon!

Gordon Fury turns around and comes face to face with Porter MacLeod and Percy

Gordon Fury
I'm not the Commissioner. I'm Gordon Fury.

Percy
Oh, I get it. It's an undercover mission. I'm sorry. But anyways, this is really important. Someone told me that you would know where we could find the Bat.

Gordon looks at Percy for a long moment, staring blankly, then looks at Porter who just shrugs. Gordon looks around the hall for a minute.

Gordon Fury
Well, I'm kind of new here. But everywhere else I've been they keep the hardcore stuff with the equipment techs.

Percy
Very funny. Not A Bat, but THE Bat. Tell us where he is and we'll be out of here.

Gordon Fury
What the hell are you talking about?

Percy
Commissioner Gordon, please?! My source said that you might not know where he is, but you can reach him. Something about you give him a call or give him a signal. It's highly important that we find him.

Gordon Fury
I'M NOT COMMISSIONER GORDON! MY NAME IS GORDON FURY!

Porter MacLeod
Seriously, Percy. Leave the lad be, he doesn't know anything.

Percy
I'm disappointed in you Gordon. You could have been a hero. Apparently you're not the hero we need. But you might be the one that we deserve.

Gordon Fury
Listen here, you fat---

Percy and Porter MacLeod laugh as both men turn and continue walking down the hallway, leaving Gordon Fury to seethe behind their backs as the show fades to commercial

Ever wonder what happened to Cody Taylor? Well, IWF has created this picture to explain everything to you in the most basic, general, and easy to understand way we could think of

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Randy-orton-meme-generator-they-found-my-stash-suspended-again-fe76a1

The show comes back from commercial to show Rick Christian sitting alone at the announcer’s table. All of a sudden, a bubbling sound is heard coming from under the table. Rick suddenly looks very nervous as he kicks something under the table

Rick- We’re back!

All of a sudden, a massive “thud” is heard as Matt Biggars emerges from under the table holding a water bong in one hand and rubbing the back of his head with the other

Matt- Ow!

Rick- Welcome back ladies and gents!

Matt-Dude! You kicked me!

Rick- No I didn’t you stupid fucking stoner, you whacked your head!

Matt- Woah…woah…woah…easy with the F word…this is a family broadcast

Rick- Facepalm

The camera pans over to show Heather Thompson, who is standing in the middle of the ring.

Heather Thompson- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first…

With the lights dimming down low, the two-step beat of "Unspoken" by The Ghost Inside erupted over the PA System, with a somewhat mixed crowd reaction, even a "GTFO" chant here and there. The moment the words..

"I'VE GOT SOMETHING HERE WORTH FIGHTING FOR!"

Are uttered, Silas Romero emerged from behind the curtain with a smirk blazon across his face. At the his point, red and silverish lights were circling all over the arena, while one sole spotlight stayed directly on Silas. He stood there for a moment, before slapping his hands across his chest, almost mimicking the beat of the drums. With that, Romero unleashed a roar from deep in his gut and raised his left arm high into the air, while pointing to his left elbow with his right hand. After snapping his arms back down to his side, Romero finally began his journey towards the ringside area.

Heather Thompson- From Boston, Massachusetts…Weighing in at 225 Pounds…Silas Romero!

Rick- The personal hit man of one Chuck Matthews, Silas Romero!

Matt- Dude…doesn’t Chuck have to hit men now?

Rick- It would seem so. Porter’s son is being used to distract Chad Mason while Silas Romero is the utility man…

Matt- And that makes Silas Romero that much more dangerous. He is a man with a mission

Rick- And with Chuck Matthews guiding Silas Romero, you’d better believe that Silas Romero is destined for great things

At the bottom of the ramp, Romero takes off running towards the ring. He dives under the bottom rope and slides a tiny bit across the ring mat. It isn't long before he pops up from the mat and makes his way over to the nearest turnbuckle. Once his feet are securely positioned on the second rope, he then once again raises his left arm into the air, while pointing to his left elbow with his right hand. After a moment, he takes off the mock bulletproof vest, before tossing it to the ringside area. Silas then jumps backwards, while doing a 180* in the air. With that, his theme music fades, while he began his pre-match stretching in the corner.

Heather Thompson- And his opponent…

“Remember the Name” by Fort Minor plays as Philip Joseph walks in champagne bottle in one hand and a lovely looking girl in the other as he hands her the champagne then gets a kiss for good luck.

Heather Thompson- From Hollywood, California…Weighing in at 180 Pounds…Representing The Empire…Philip Joseph!

Rick- Philip Joseph was impressive last week, securing a win over long time friend turned bitter foe John Tolly

Matt- Don’t forget that Philip Joseph and Baron Tomson hatched a clever plan to char broil Tolly’s face almost clean off

Rick- How could I forget? It smelled like burning hair and flesh out here

Matt- Is it wrong that I’m kind of hungry now?

He enters the ring and removes his shirt showing off his upper body as he stares across the ring at Silas Romero. The ref looks at both men and nods before calling for the bell

Silas Romero [vs.] Philip Joseph

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Silas Romero and Philip Joseph both slowly make their way to the center of the ring and lock up. Silas Romero slowly begins to over power Philip Joseph and force Philip Joseph to surrender ground, forcing Philip Joseph to slowly be pushed backwards into the corner turnbuckle. As soon as Philip Joseph’s spine is pressed against the corner turnbuckle, the ref steps in between Silas Romero and Philip Joseph, attempting to force Silas Romero off of Philip Joseph. Silas Romero allows the ref to push him back but, as soon as the ref’s back is turned, Philip Joseph lashes out and drives his thumb into the eye of Silas Romero, causing Silas Romero to duck down and clutch his eye in pain

Rick- Well…this match started off clean enough

Matt- Dude…Philip Joseph could’ve stabbed Silas Romero’s eye out!

Philip Joseph quickly rushes out of the corner and, as soon as he gets close enough to Silas Romero, Philip Joseph drives his knee into Silas Romero’s face, connecting a vicious running knee lift that sends Silas Romero slamming backwards into the canvas

Rick- Philip Joseph almost taking Silas Romero’s head off with that running knee lift

Matt- Dude…that woulda been cool to see

Philip Joseph quickly turns around and stomps down on Silas Romero a few times before leaning down and dragging Silas Romero up to his feet. Philip Joseph kicks Silas Romero in the gut, doubling Silas Romero over, before Irish whipping Silas Romero to the ring ropes. Philip Joseph waits for Silas Romero to start running towards the opposite side of the ring before turning and running to the other set of ring ropes. Philip Joseph and Silas Romero both hit the ropes on opposite sides of the ring at the same time and come running back towards each other. As soon as he gets close enough to Silas Romero, Philip Joseph leaps into the air and connects a flying spinning heel kick that, once again, sends Silas Romero down to the canvas

Rick- A series of big time power moves aimed at Silas Romero’s head by Philip Joseph

Matt- It’s a good strategy. Target the head and the body will die adur!

Rick- Uh…I don’t think that applies here, Matt…

Matt- Buzzkill

Philip Joseph drops down and hooks Silas Romero’s leg as the ref drops down and counts

-1-

-2…

Silas Romero kicks out just as the ref’s hand hits the canvas for two

Rick- Only two

Matt- This match rolls on!

Philip Joseph climbs up to his feet, leans down, and pulls Silas Romero up to his feet. Philip Joseph once again kicks Silas Romero in the gut, doubling Silas Romero over. Philip Joseph then Irish whips Silas Romero into the corner turnbuckle, causing Silas Romero to crash chest first into the corner turnbuckle. Philip Joseph waits until Silas Romero hits the corner before running towards Silas Romero and leaping into the air, looking to connect a flying body splash.

However, at the last second, Silas Romero drops down and out of the way, causing Philip Joseph to crash chest first into the corner turnbuckle. Silas Romero quickly leaps to his feet and sprints across the ring, bouncing off the ropes on the other side of the ring to gain momentum as Philip Joseph stumbles out of the corner turnbuckle backwards, still clutching his chest. As soon as Silas Romero gets close enough, Silas Romero lunges forward and drives his shoulder into the back of Philip Joseph’s right knee, connecting a vicious chopblock that forces Philip Joseph down to one knee.

Rick- Nasty looking chopblock by Silas Romero

Matt- All set up because Philip Joseph got a little too comfortable in the driver’s seat

Silas Romero quickly leaps up to his feet and hooks Philip Joseph’s head before throwing himself backwards, driving Philip Joseph’s skull into the canvas with a nasty spike DDT. Instead of letting go of the move though, Silas Romero wraps his legs around the side of Philip Joseph and begins to choke Philip Joseph out

Rick- Excellent combo there by Silas Romero

Matt- Philip Joseph went from being in control to totally fucked in under a minute!

Philip Joseph screams out in pain as the ref drops down and asks Philip Joseph if he’d like to give up. Philip Joseph shakes his head “no” but still screams out in agony as Silas Romero cranks up the pressure on Philip Joseph’s neck and lungs.

Rick- Philip Joseph needs to try and find a way out of this and soon!

Matt- Either that or he is going to pass the fuck out!

Philip Joseph manages to somehow, drag himself inch by pain staking inch, over to the ring ropes. Right before the pain is about to make his head explode, Philip Joseph manages to sneak his foot underneath the bottom rope. The ref sees Philip Joseph’s foot under the ropes and begins counting

-1-

-2-

-3-

-4-

Silas Romero releases the submission hold right before the ref’s count hits five

Rick- Silas Romero utilizing every single second of the ref’s count there

Matt- Inflicting maximum damage. It’s a smart move

Silas Romero pulls himself up to his feet and taps his elbow, smiling wickedly as Philip Joseph uses the ring ropes to slowly, agonizingly, pulling himself up to his feet.

Rick- Silas Romero tapping that elbow meaningfully

Matt- I think this could be the end for Philip Joseph…

Silas Romero rushes forward and locks Philip Joseph in a variation of a hammerlock. Silas Romero then pushes Philip Joseph forward just a bit while maintaining his grip around Philip Joseph’s waist. Once Philip Joseph’s arm is fully stretched out, Silas Romero pulls Philip Joseph back like a ripcord, driving Philip Joseph’s face and nose right into Silas Romero’s elbow

Rick- GKFO!

Matt- Nighty night Philip Joseph!

Silas Romero drops down and covers Philip Joseph while the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson- Here is…

The circus theme plays over the house PA system for a few seconds before the sound of a woman screaming echoes from all around. The scream fades into “The Walls” by Dark Lotus as, in the ring, Silas Romero looks around, preparing for anything

Rick- What the hell is going on?

Matt- I have no idea

Suddenly, a massive man leaps the security barricade and slides into the ring behind Silas Romero. The massive man draws himself up to his full height, his hair seemingly on fire. The man’s body is covered in numerous scratches and scars varying in length and severity covering massive amounts of muscle

Rick- That’s The Jackyl!

Matt- We haven’t seen him since he killed Death-Angel and Marcus Silverstone!

The Jackyl walks quickly over to Silas Romero and reaches out. The Jackyl spins Silas Romero around and kicks Silas Romero in the gut, doubling Silas Romero over. The Jackyl then reels Silas Romero in and lifts Silas Romero up in the vertical suplex position. The Jackyl then drops Silas Romero down and spikes Silas Romero’s skull into the canvas with a Steiner Screwdriver

Rick- Death Row by The Jackyl!

Matt- Silas Romero’s brains have to be scrambled right now!

The Jackyl pulls himself up to his feet, an evil smile on his face. Suddenly, the lights go out once more and the sound of a raven calling splits the darkness. The sound of raining falling from all around can be heard as the lights begin to flash as lightning falls from the rafters. All of a sudden, everything stops and the inside of the arena is silent as a picture accompanied by a message flash across the titan tron

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Crow-window

“I’m coming home…and I’m bringing Hell with me”

The lights in the arena stay off as the camera zooms in on the picture and the message for a moment before fading to commercial

Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign   Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 am

The show returns to Angelica Monroe, Brooklyn Glamorous, and Vanessa Cade in the ring.

Rick - Welcome back, and up next...the fine ladies of IWF show us what they can do!

Matt - New blood!

Heather Thompson - The following is a one-fall match! Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California...ANGELICA MONROE!!

Rick - Angelica has made quite an impact in WEW...she's yet to replicate that success in IWF, but she gets points for effort.

Matt - Half the battle is showing up. You never know...tonight might be the night she turns it around!

Heather Thompson - And the opponent...from Phoenix, Arizona...BROOKLYN GLAMOROUS!!

Matt - New blood!

Rick - Brooklyn is making her debut here tonight. She says she's here to bring some much needed glam to the sport. Let's see what she can do.

Heather Thompson - And the final opponent...from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada...she is the current Uprising Champion...VANESSA CADE!!

Rick - The last remnant of ASWF. Vanessa is absolutely dominant in that ring.

Matt - She's the only one in this match who has proven to be a force to be reckoned with in IWF! She's the spot-on favorite to win this one.

The referee looks at the three women, then calls for the bell.

Matt - Let's get this one underway!

Brooklyn Glamorous [vs] Angelica Monroe [vs] Vanessa Cade

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Vanessa and Angelica immediately lock up. Vanessa shifts Angie into a side headlock, and takes her to the mat with a snapmare. Angie gets to her feet. Vanessa comes up behind her. Angie grabs her arm, twisting it around, before flipping Vanessa onto her back. Vanessa kips up, and drives an elbow into Angelica's head, breaking her grip. Brooklyn runs up behind Vanessa, rolling her up.

-1-

-2-

Vanessa kicks out.

Rick - This is why triple threat matches are so dangerous. You have to have eyes in the back of your head!

Matt - It's so easy to sneak away with a win...and that's almost what Brooklyn Glamorous did right there!

Vanessa stands, facing Brooklyn. She throws Brooklyn to the ropes. Brook rebounds off, running back towards Cade. She leaps up with a crossbody, taking Vanessa to the mat. She hooks Cade's legs as they hit the ground, pinning her.

-1-

-2-

Angelica leaps on top of them, breaking the pin. Angie pulls Brooklyn to her feet, then levels her with a clothesline. She drops down, grabbing Brook's leg, and flipping her over, locking in a single-legged Boston crab. Brooklyn struggles to break free.

Matt - Angelican Monroe of the WEW fame...very mat-based, technical style.

Rick - It's a very underrated style these days. It seems more and more people are focused on flashy high-flying moves or raw power, too many wind up forgetting the basics. People like Angelica Monroe, Chuck Matthews, and Alexander Remington, though...they master it.

Brooklyn struggles as she inches towards the ropes. Angelica twists the ankle, and extends the leg farther, adding massive pressure to Brooklyn's back. Brooklyn reaches desperately for the ropes, her fingers barely brushing the bottom rope. She lunges, grasping it. Angelica releases the hold, then quickly turns back to Brook. She grabs Brook's legs, positioning her under the rope. She falls back, forcing Brook up, and causeing Brook to slingshot into the rope.

Matt - Ouch.

Brook rolls on the mat, clutching her throat. Angelica turns around to see Vanessa charge her. Angelice ducks, pulling the top rope down. Vanessa tumbles over it, but catches hold of the top rope, landing on the apron. Angie turns towards her, and is immediately greeted with a hard elbow to the face. Angelica stumbles backwards. Vanessa leaps to the top rope and springboards off, taking Angie down with a flying clothesline.

Rick - Great back and forth between these three women!

Vanessa goes for a quick cover.

-1-

-2-

Angelica kicks out. Vanessa gets to her feet, pulling Angie up with her. She lifts Angelica in a suplex, holding her in position a moment before dropping her to the mat. She immediately rolls on top of Angie for another pinfall attempt.

-1-

-2-

Angie kicks out again. Vanessa stands, clenching her teeth. She slaps her elbow a few times, yelling for Angelica to stand.

Rick - I think frustration is beginning to set in here.

Matt - And now I think Vanessa is looking to knock Angelica out cold!

Angelica slowly stands. Vanessa spins, looking to connect the OHKO. Angie ducks, narrowly avoiding the shot. Vanessa turns around, and is hit with a spinning kick straight to the face.

Matt - BAD CONNECTION!

Rick - HUGE counter from Angelica Monroe!

Angelica drops down for the pin.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner...ANGELICA MONROE!!!

Rick - Big win for Angie here tonight!

Matt - Don't take away from Brooklyn Glamorous. Her IWF debut, and this girl showed up BIG!

The screen shows Angelica celebrating her victory, while Cade lies in the center of the ring. The camera cuts to Porter and Percy in a limo. Percy opens his door to get out.

Porter MacLeod
Percy, what the fuck are you doing? We don't have time to go watch this shit, we've got to get back to BattleGrounds!

Percy
Calm down, Portah. This won't take 15 minutes. I heard this gig was just a couple of miles away. We'll be back just in time. We'll only be gone for two matches at the very least, Portah. My source said that Bruce ALWAYS knows where the Bat is.

The camera follows Porter and Percy into a nearby sports complex. The marquee out front reads IFA: Fight Night.

The camera follows Porter and Percy as they make their way into the crowd. Slowly, attention starts drawing towards them as the fans in their soon lose attention in the match that's going on and starts cheering and chanting for Porter.

The camera cuts back to the commentator's area.

Mark Redman
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time for our main event of the evening. Apparently this match is so important that we have drawn some outside attention from a venue a couple of miles down the road.

John Fawkes
You can say that again. And what a guest we have, it's wrestling legend Porter MacLeod! Hang on, I'm going to go get a few comments from him.

Camera cuts back to Porter and Percy.

Porter
Percy you lard ass. If we get caught on camera, Casey is going to have my ass. Now go find this Bruce guy and let's get the hell out of here, oh hell there's John Fawkes and a camera.

John Fawkes
Fans you are not going to believe how lucky I am to be standing beside of one of wrestling's greats. Porter MacLeod! So Porter, what's brought you here to IFA?

Porter MacLeod
Well, you know John Fawkes. I've been a huge fan for a long time. I used to do this kind of stuff for free back home in Scotland on the weekends, but seeing these guys do it week in and week out, it's great. But, my manager, who has somehow slipped away from me, is looking to talk to someone named Bruce and it's quite important. But, as always it's a pleasure to watch another great match. Who's up next, by the way, lad?

John Fawkes
Well it is indeed a privilege to be standing beside you here today, and I am glad you asked. Our main event! Here's Bruce Barrett.

Porter MacLeod
Oh for fuck's sake, Percy

The camera cuts down to the ring.

Bruce Barrett
Ladies and Gentleman, its TIME for the main event of the evening! Three rounds in the IFA OCTAGON. Introducing first FIGHTING out of the blue corner. This man is a kickboxer. Andrew "The Spider" Savio!

Percy
Bruce, you did great and everything, and I'm going to let you finish in a minute. But I think Eric Barrett does it better. Anyways, I need to know where the Bat. I have a source that said Bruce, always knows. So---

Percy's live mic is cut off as security storms the ring and pulls Percy out of it. The camera cuts backstage to security escorting him out of the building where Porter is already waiting.

Porter MacLeod
YOU DUMB, LARD ASS, LISPING SON OF A BITCH! What the hell were you thinking? I get it now, "Commissioner" Gordon. Bruce. You're dumb as hell, lad. We're not looking for BATMAN, we're looking for the Bat Boy.

The camera cuts back just as Porter and Percy are getting into the limo, while Porter is still cussing out Percy. The camera cuts to ringside.

Rick - Porter and Percy at an International Fighting Association event...why did we just show that in an IWF show?

Matt - Comic relief?

Rick - Way to break the fourth wall, Biggars...

The cameras cut back to the ring as Heather prepares to announce the next match.

Heather Thompson – The following tag-team contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, already in the ring, the team of David Babel and Tiffani Michaels!

David and Tiffani stand in one corner of ring, the fans not really reacting at all.

Rick - Tiffani and David look ready for tonight.

Matt - David Babel last week challenged Chuck Matthews to a match at Violent Impulse...and we've been told that Chuck has picked up the gauntlet!

Rick - I think tonight, David is looking to prove exactly why he'll be walking out of Violent Impulse with a victory.

Heather Thompson – And the opponents, first, already in the ring, Katelyn Dimaz!

Katelyn is standing in the opposite corner, a few boos come her way, but the fans are still mainly quiet.

Matt – What is wrong with these fans? They are rarely ever this dead.

Rick – They give reactions to the people who put effort in Matt. Besides, just wait...

Warrior by Disturbed begins blasting through the arena speaking and the fans get to there feet, cheering for the man about to enter. Steel Angel steps through the curtain and grins as he takes in the positive reaction of the fans. He strikes a pose for the fans before continuing down the ramp.

Heather Thompson – And her partner, from San Diego, California, weighing in at 220 pounds... STEEL ANGEL!!

Matt – Holy shit, I can't hear myself think!

Rick – Steel Angel, ladies and gentlemen.

Steel slides into the ring and steps into the middle of it, staring his opponents down. Katelyn takes the hint and stands on the apron, as David Babel steps to meet Steel, Tiffani taking her place on the apron.

Before David can react Steel throws a lightning quick jumping knee to the face, followed by a punching combination finished with a spinning back fist. The referee barely has the time to call for the bell.

Katelyn Dimaz & Steel Angel [vs] Tiffani Michaels & David Babel

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Steel takes the groggy David and snapmares him into a seated position, immediately running past him to bounce off the ropes, and nails him with a shining wizard. The pin.

-1-

-2-

David kicks out and Steel picks him up, irish whipping him into his corner. David blindly reaches out and puts his hand in Tiffani's face, making the tag. David rolls out of the ring as Steel rushes Tiffani, before she can react, grabbing her by her shoulders and flipping her into the ring. She barely has time to get her bearings before Steel rushes her, lifting her up into a military press.

Rick – Here it comes!

Matt – Divine Cutter!

He drops her straight down into the Divine Cutter, her jaw crashing down onto Steel's shoulder. He hooks the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Heather Thompson – Here are your winners... Katelyn Dimaz, and STEEL ANGEL!

The ref walks over to Steel and raises his hand, the fans cheering. Katelyn simply gets off the apron and walks up the ramp as Steel celebrates in the ring. The cameras cut backstage to Porter MacLeod reading the latest issue of IWF Magazine. Corey Casey walks up to Porter and extends his hand.

Corey Casey
Porter, how ya doing man?

Porter MacLeod
Hanging in there, lad. How bout yourself.

Corey Casey
Can't complain. By the way, funny stuff with Percy there earlier. And for the record, I'm not mad about you ending up at the IFA show. Watching Percy get booted out was worth it, and plus you interrupted a live show.

Porter MacLeod
Ah, yeah. He's a fucking idiot most of the time.

Corey Casey
Hey, listen. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I've been getting a group together-

Porter MacLeod
Avengers, ASSEMBLE!

Corey Casey
What?

Porter MacLeod
Nothing. Go on, lad.

Corey Casey
Anyways. As I was saying, I've been getting a group together. I've got a few of the new guys and a couple of our younger guys together. We're calling it The Empire. We're going to straighten this company back out to what it needs to be. But every Empire needs that one diplomat if you know what I mean. I need someone who's been in the game a long time and has a lot of advice to offer this new generation I've got. Now me, I've had an amazing wrestling career, I can give these guys a lot of direction. But you, you've been around this business for what 20 years? I'm sure there's things that you can show these guys that would be beneficial to us. So I'm extending an official invite into our group to you, Porter. Maybe, you can put Old School back in session and help us out getting this federation back on the right path?

Porter closes the magazine and sets it down to the side. He rubs his beard with his hands for a few seconds, contemplating.

Porter MacLeod
Lad, you know I respect the hell out of you. And I think what you've got going is a great idea. I mean, look at what we've had as of late. Natural Law? Hell, what kind of name was that anyways? Natural, and you had a chick like Ruby with tits that were OBVIOUSLY fake. And Law, when you've got a lad like Chad Mason that's so ugly it's illegal. But, I appreciate your offer lad, but I'm going to have to pass.

Corey Casey's face contorts, trying to hide the frustration.

Corey Casey
Maybe you should take a few days and think about it, Porter. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck Matthews starts up his own group. He did something that I would never do to you by signing your son to a contract. So if he does get this new group started, we would have to keep him in check. It would be an honor to have you on our side to keep your son and Chuck on the straight and narrow.

Porter MacLeod
Listen, lad. Like I said, I'm going to have to pass. I don't appreciate what Chuck did, but I do appreciate your offer. I'm fine where I'm at in the back here. I just don't think my place in IWF is in with a group of young bucks that you've got.

Corey Casey is having a harder time showing his frustration.

Corey Casey
Where exactly is your place in IWF, Porter? Is it on my side, or is it on Chuck's? You going to team up with your son? Or is your place even in IWF at all? I know you've heard a few of your OLD friends are getting back together elsewhere. I need to know where your loyalties lie.

Porter instantly snaps.

Porter MacLeod
MY LOYALTIES? My...my loyalties? I'll tell you about loyalty! Loyalty is me going out there 5 nights a week, giving my all to the fans and putting it all out there in the ring. Loyalty is going out there, injuring my damn neck 20 minutes into a match, and then still wrestling to the finish for another 25 minutes for the title. Then, having to be rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery to repair my neck that is going to bother me for the rest of my life. Then, getting a call late that night telling me that if I'm not back at the next show in 7 days then I will be fired! You think that I am loyal to a man who couldn't care less if I died or paralyzed myself in the ring? If so, you are sadly mistaken lad. My "old" friends may be getting the band back together elsewhere, but my loyalty lies where I sign that dotted line, and that is here pal. I only wish IWF was around 10 years ago so that I could go out there in my prime and put on a show with the talent that you have here. Some of the talent you have here is amazing, and I am loyal to seeing to it that I can help polish their skills in some way. I'm an advisor here, on a legends contract. Do you think that means nothing to me? It's an honor to be here for me, to finally be appreciate for destroying my body for the past 17 years just trying to make it in this business. So you ask me about my loyalties? You shouldn't even have to ask that of me at all, lad.

Corey Casey hangs his head and wipes his brow.

Corey Casey
I apologize, Porter. I really do. It's just this has been a very bad week so far. Forget what I said about loyalty, I know you're loyal to us here. I guess I just needed to lash out on somebody. But my offer still stands, whether you accept it now, or two weeks from now. Just let me know if you change your mind.

Corey Casey extends his hand. Porter looks at it for a moment, before shaking it.

Porter MacLeod
Don't worry about it lad. I couldn't tell you how many people I've lashed out on over the years. Now get out there, you've got a show to run.

The show returns to ringside, where Ryan Apollos and Chad Mason wait.

Heather Thompson - The following is a one-fall match! Introducing at this time...from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, weighing tonight at 250 pounds...RYAN APOLLOS!!

Rick - Remember, if Ryan wins tonight, he gets a world title match against Stygian at Violent Impulse.

Matt - Can you imagine? ANOTHER world title match for Ryan Apollos? Fuck yeah!

Heather Thompson - And the opponent...from New York City, weighing in at 232 pounds...CHAD MASON!!

Matt - Former IWF Champion, Chad Mason.

Rick - You know he's been dying to get his hands back on the IWF Championship. Now is the first step towards reclaiming the belt.

Chad rolls his neck, looking at Ryan. The referee checks both men, then calls for the bell.

Ryan Apollos [vs] Chad Mason

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Ryan runs forward, leaping into the air. He kicks Chad to the face. Chad stands momentarily, dazed, before falling to the mat. Apollos rests his foot on Chad's chest.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Rick - Oh how the mighty have fallen...

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner...RYAN APOLLOS!!

Apollos turns towards Chad, who slowly gets to his feet. Apollos approaches, but before he has a chance, Logan MacLeod slides into the ring, charging at Chad, and driving his boot into Chad's skull. Chad stumbles towards Silas Romero, who smashes his elbow into Chad's face, knocking him out cold.

Matt - OWNED.

"Ryan Apollos, you have about ten seconds to get out of my ring."

Chuck Matthews walks down the ramp, frowning at the scene before him. He steps between the ropes, moving towards the center of the ring. Apollos glares at Chuck for a moment, then slowly retreats, sliding out of the ring and heading up the ramp. Chuck nods, and turns his attention back to Chad.

Rick - Since coming to power, Chuck has been hellbent on eliminating Natural Law and the Human Highlight Reels from IWF...and he's succeeded with scary efficiency.

Matt - Looks like Chad is about to be unceremoniously future endeavored...

Chuck nods to Silas and Logan. Logan lifts Chad in a military press, then drops him in a samoan drop, crushing Mason under his weight.

Matt - Holy shit...

Silas slides brass knuckles over his hands, and goes to work, pounding his fists into Chad's face. He stands, looking at Logan, then at Chuck. Chuck looks up the ramp and nods. From the back, several men, clad in full black SWAT gear stamped with the Matthews Enterprises logo, march down the ramp, armed with police batons. Immediately, the crowd falls silent. The guards slide into the ring, and begin beating Mason into the mat, stomping him out and smashing the batons into every inch of him they can reach.

Rick - This...that's...

Matt - Matthews Enterprise Security...Chuck's personal army.

Chuck steps forward, and the guards immediately stop, moving away from Chad. Chuck looks down at Chad, sneering. He looks at the guards, who swarm Chad again, dragging him from the ring. Chuck looks at Logan and Silas, and motions towards the stage. The three men slide out of the ring, heading up the ramp. Five Finger Death Punch's cover of "Bad Company" blasts through the arena.

Matt - I'm....not sure what we just witnessed here.

Rick - On the contrary...I think we ALL know what we just witnessed here...and if it's any indication, I think IWF is in serious, serious trouble.

Chuck glances over his shoulder at the crowd, which remains eerily silent. Chuck smirks before disappearing behind the curtain. The show cuts to commercial.

Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign   Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 am

Suddenly the lights begin to fade, the beginning tones of "Unforgiven II" by Metallica beginning to play. Multi-colored lights begin to stream across the top of the stage, looking for the one whose music this belongs to. With a huge explosion of pyro, Alexander Remington stands at the top of the stage, the lights converging on his position as he cracks a smile at the fans who are either choosing to boo or cheer for him.

Heather Thompson
The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing The Special Guest Referee..from Los Angeles California...Alexander Remington!

Walking down to the ring, he jumps up onto the side apron, taking a look at the crowd before entering into the ring in between the top and middle rope.

The titantron glows a crimson red when America by Deuce plays on the loudspeakers while Baron "Blaze" Tomson emerges from the curtains wearing his black trench coat with red flames lining from the sides and the back is the word "Blaze" written in fiery letters. He stands in the center doing his pose which ignites red pyro from the sides.

Heather Thompson
Introducing first...from New Jersey...weighing in at 256 Pounds...Baron Tomson!

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a needle in your veins, a sickness with no name.
In a world that's insane, why's America to blame when you're praying for a change to a god with no face?

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a fucking AK, it's going up in flames.
In a world that's insane, why's America to blame when you're praying for a change to a god with no face?

Baron "Blaze" Tomson starts walking down with an arrogant swagger while he constantly points at the audience from the sides and shouts insults at them.

You can't tell me what to say, because I've got one religion.
And I've got one decision, it's a big fuck you.
I can spit it in your face, every month and every day.
Everything you hear my name my middle finger's up too.
You think I owe you, but I ain't got no room for these hoes because their no good.
I ain't living by your rules.
You're getting old dude, for the liquor you blow it and you wanna be notice but you're dyeing so slowly.

He then stops at the end and leaps to the nearest corner and climbs up to the tip turnbuckle where he's perched there. He looks around with an very cocky smirk etched in his face.

So when they point the finger, you flip one back and say fuck that....FUCK THAT!
So when they point the finger, we'll flip ours back and say fuck that.....FUCK THAT!

Baron then leaps off the turnbuckle and wonders around the ring before removing his jacket which he tosses to the time keeper.

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a needle in your veins, a sickness with no name.

They wanna see blood.
They wanna see hate.
Like a fucking AK, it's going up in flames.

He tilts his head from side to side and hops around the ring a bit as he gets ready for the match.

The lights suddenly go out in the arena, fans aren't expecting what’s to happen next. Suddenly a young man shows up on the Titantron with long blonde hair as "Kicking and Screaming" hits. Pyros go off after a huge BOOOOOM as the lights come back on. Griffin Hawkins walks from behind the ramp. He stops and raises both Devil horns in the air as the crowd goes wild. He walks down the aisle, fans cheering him as he slaps hands with a few fans.

Heather Thompson - And his opponent...from Windsor Ontario Canada...weighing 226 Pounds...Griffin Hawkins!

He makes his way up the ring steps, soaking in the fan appreciation as he smiles at a few screaming female fans. He goes through the ropes and gets on the ropes, raising the devil horns in the air, pumping up the crowd. He gets down from the ring ropes and takes off his leather rocker jacket and goes out of the ring and looks over at the fans. He takes off his silver aviator sunglasses and puts them on a lucky young fan, patting him on the head. He makes his way back into the ring and relaxes on the ring ropes, awaiting his next opponent.

“Invincible” by MGK plays and out walks Ethan Cage holding his briefcase with a big cheesy smile, and a microphone in his other hand. Ethan clears his throat as playfully, and then smiles again.

Ethan Cage
How ya doin' guys? - That's awesome. You see I haven't used my briefcase all night, and I was heading to the garage to leave but then I remembered, I haven't changed a match yet. Well you know I just can't let that power go to waste so here's what I'm going to do. I'm using it for this match, and here's why. The Empire wants to take former World Champions, part of this company's history in Robbie Hart, and put him through a flaming table. And I thought to myself, well hey, the guy that loves fire is in this match. Clearly you saw him leave to go get the table and set it on fire while the rest pounded on Robbie. So Baron, Griffin, Remington....this match.....is a flaming tables match. You boys enjoy yourselves.

Matt- YES!!!!

Rick- This won't be good.

Matt- That's right, it'll be awesome.

Special Guest Referee: Alexander Remington
Baron Thompson [vs.] Griffin Hawkins

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Hawkins looks over at Remington, warning him "Don't screw with me" as he just gives him an icy cold stare. Both Hawkins and Tomson meet in the center of the ring going nose to nose, jawing at one another. They continue to talk trash until Baron slaps Hawkins across the face. Hawkins doesn't back down and delivers just as hard of a slap. The two then begin trading punches right in the middle of the ring! Baron gets the better of the exchange with a thumb to the eye as he hammers Hawkins into the corner. He goes to Irish Whip Hawkins into the other corner, but Hawkins reverses it and sends Tomson into the buckles and connects with a Stinger Splash! He grabs a prone Tomson and connects with a quick snap suplex.

[B] Rick - As of late, Hawkins has been a major headache to The Empire. Tomson has been given orders to soften up Hawkins before Violent Impulse.

Matt - I think if Tomson has it his way, Hawkins won't even make it to Violent Impulse!

Tomson rolls out of the ring to catch a breather. But Hawkins is hot on his trail when he grabs him and lays in a hard right hand. But Tomson hits a knee to the gut and throws him shoulder first into the steel steps! Looking to cause some damage to him outside the ring, he grabs a steel chair. He comes over to Hawkins and raises the chair over his head, but thinking quickly, Hawkins grabs Tomson by the belt line of his jeans and drags him face first into the stairs..while he's still holding the Chair!

With close further inspection, Tomson looks like he's busted open from the forehead! Hawkins slowly gets up and grabs a bleeding Tomson and rolls him into the ring. He runs him against the ropes, going for a clothesline, but Tomson ducks it and comes back with a flying forearm! He waits for Hawkins to get up and connects with a Spinebuster! He begins talking trash to Hawkins as he tries to get up, shouting "You think you're better than me?! You are not better than me! You understand me?! you're nothing!" As he smacks him in the head as he tries to get up. Hawkins complies with a punch right in the mid section. As he's reeling, he runs the ropes and connects with a Fameasser! As he is down on the mat, Hawkins follows up with a Breakdancing Legdrop!

Wanting to cause some more damage, Hawkins slides out of the ring and searches for some weapons. He manages to pick himself up a Garbage Can, Some Kendo Sticks, and a Cookie Sheet. He slides the dangerous toys back into the ring, but Tomson catches him by surprise by hitting him with a Kendo Stick of his own! Hawkins is down after being struck in the temple with the stick. Tomson continues the torture by hitting Hawkins across the back many times with the weapon, putting some welts on his back. He then begins choking Hawkins with the broken Kendo Stick before letting go to find some more weapons. As he goes outside to bring in some more weapons, Hawkins rolls out of the ring, still dazed from the hits. He manages to find a black baseball bat. He sees Hawkins hanging outside the ring and goes over to get him, but Hawkins stuns him by spraying him with a fire extinguisher!

Rick: That's one way to put out a fire!

Tomson is staggering around blinded as Hawkins grabs the bat from his hands. He rams Tomson in the mid section with the bat, then hits him right across the back, bringing him to his knees. Hawkins turns on the pressure by hitting him with a series of martial arts kicks to the chest, then a quick buzzsaw kick right to the head! Tomson hits the mat with a thud. Hawkins then decides its time to put an end to this match as he goes outside the ring and grabs a table from under the ring, but he can't seem to find any gasoline or lighter fluid to set the table ablaze. This gives Tomson time to recover and hit a Suicide Dive right onto Hawkins outside the ring!

Tomson grabs a prone Hawkins and hits a Scoop Slam onto him outside the ring. He then picks him up and rams him head first into the announcers table. As Hawkins is resting against the table, Tomson lays into him with some hard stiff punches to the temple before grabbing him and ramming him shoulder first into the steel post. Tomson then notices a Television cable and begins choking Hawkins with it as Remington calls for both of them to finish this match in the ring, not outside. He rolls him back into the ring and scoops him up, hitting an Impaler DDT! He then signals this is the end.

Baron goes right to work as he slides to the outside of the ring. He grabs a Table from outside the ring as Remington looks on. After he slides it in, he grabs what looks to be a can of gasoline! He sets up the table and pours gasoline all over it. He gets out a match and drops it on. The table is burning! He smiles sadistically and grabs Hawkins going "I'm going to burn your ass!" as he drapes him over his shoulder, looking to deliver the snake eyes on the flaming table, but Hawkins wiggles out of it and connects with the Zig Zag! He shouts "Get up bitch!" As he grabs him looking to ram him face first into the flames, but Tomson elbows him in the mid section and hits a gutwrench suplex which takes a lot out of both men.

Both are down, but Tomson shows signs of life when he gets up, waiting on Hawkins. He grabs him and goes for a Suplex through the table, but Hawkins holds onto the rope, stopping him from going up. In an act of Desperation, he kicks Tomson in the midsection and hits a Codebreaker! He then ascends the ropes and connects with a Diving Elbow Drop off the top rope! The crowd is on their feet as Hawkins begins tuning up the band for The Shot in the Dark as Blaze is slowly getting up. He turns around but as he goes for The Superkick, Remington runs over and kicks Hawkins right below the belt.

Rick - Oh come on! He's supposed to be unbiased! What kind of referee is that?!

Matt - An Empire Referee...duh!

To Remington's confusion, Baron asks him to hold Hawkins up by the arms. Hawkins looks out of it as Remington holds him in place. He goes for the Burst Shot Superkick...but at the last second Hawkins ducks and Remington is hit by the kick!

Matt - Oh my God! What the hell just happened?!

Rick - Tomson was trying to hit Hawkins with the Burst Shot, but he accidentally hit Remington!

Tomson can't believe it! The guest referee is out cold! He is not happy as he continues going "oh shit" over and over. He tries hard to revive him, but he isn't moving. Little does he know, another referee has run down to replace Remington. Hawkins is up, he waits for Tomson to turn around and connects with The Shot in the Dark! Hawkins sees the flaming table and takes a groggy Tomson and places him between his legs for a Powerbomb position as everyone is on their feet. He raises the "Rock On" Devil Horns in the air with one hand and then Jackknife Powerbombs Tomson through the table! The Referee sees this and calls for the bell!

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner...Griffin Hawkins!

The crowd is chanting "That was awesome!" as Tomson is writhing in pain, scorched by the flaming table while The Referee raises an exhausted Hawkins's hand in victory.

Rick - What a match this was! Hawkins stuck it to the Empire, using their own interference against them.

Matt - I'll give him one thing, he beat Tomson at his own game. Hawkins may have won the battle, but the war might be far from over. If I know Tomson, he's not going to take this lying down!

Neither is Alexander Remington who pops up behind Hawkins and hits a huge Cashflow, driving Griffin into the mat. Baron Tomson gets to his feet and the two of them stand over Hawkins, obviously plotting some kind of nefarious deeds. Suddenly Dragonforce’s “Cry Thunder” erupts over the speakers and the fans come to their feet cheering.as the IWF World Heavyweight Champion comes running down to the ring in his Tron-line trench coat, with the title in his hands. He dives under the ring ropes and blasts Tomson in the face with the title, turns to do the same to Remington, but the grinning demon rolls out of the ring and stans on the mats, pointing at his temple, indicating he’s too smart. About that time Hawkins gets to his feet and pulls Tomson up. He throws Thomson over the top rope to land at Remigton’s feet. Remington deigns to help Baron stand and then turns his back on Hawkins and Stygian, walking out as the show goes to commercial.

----------------------------------------
Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Cthulhu2012-vi
----------------------------------------

When the show comes back from commercial, Lilith and Lilah are in Stygian’s corner. Parker Wayde has made his entrance. Stygian has divested himself of his coat and the title. Both men rest in their corners until the ref calls for the bell.

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign Mainevent
Stygian [vs.] Parker Wayde

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Stygian charges out of his corner and kicks Parker in the gut. He smirks as he pulls Parker up, hooks his arm around and points to the sky.

Rick—Don’t tell me it’s going to happen like this again…

Matt—Parker talked all week about how he was going to make it different this time.

Rick—He has, Stygian’s actually stopping to laugh at him this time.

Matt—Burn Notice coming up…

Stygian lifts a lifeless Parker up…and then Parker comes to life, spinning out of Stygian’s grasp, landing on all fours on the mat and barreling into the back of Stygian’s knee with a chop block. Stygian drops to one knee, where’s he’s still almost as tall as Parker Wayde. Parker scrambles to his feet and floats over a back elbow from Stygian, dropping him down with Paydirt. Stygian’s face bounces off the mat and Parker stands over him, talking shit and punctuating each shout with a stomp into his back.

Parker
Did you THINK! IT! WOULD! BE! THAT! EASY! TWICE! COCKSUCKER!

Parker rolls Stygian over with his foot, bounces off the ropes, comes back and drops a leg across Stygian’s throat. He floats over for the pin.

-1-

-2-

Stygian throws Parker off and up to his feet.

Rick—What strength from the IWF Champion.

Matt—Yes, but he clearly came out here expecting to walk over Parker Wayde a second time, that’s not the case.

Parker doesn’t waste any motion, he bounces off the ropes and flies at the Champ with a cross body.

Rick—Stygian caught him!

Stygian takes a couple steps into the ring and throws Parker up and over with a fallaway slam.

Matt—Parker made half of a good move, but he didn’t hit the other half.

Stygian sits up after tossing Parker away, still shaking off the effects of his initial barrage. Parker rolls out of the ring as Stygian stands and turns to him. Stygian comes over to the ropes and reaches down. Parker hops up on the apron and grabs Stygian’s head, snapping his throat across the top rope as he jumps off the apron. Stygian snaps off violently and lands on his back. Parker grabs Stygian’s leg and yanks him out of the ring. He knees Stygian in the gut a few times an hooks him up, turning 90 degrees.

Rick—He can’t do it…

Matt—That’s a seven foot, 315 pound man!

Parker lifts and throws Stygian over his head with a belly-to-belly.

Rick—He did it and he made it look easy!

Matt—Stygian landed right on his head! He might be out cold. Those mats don’t offer a whole lot of protection against that concrete underneath them.

Parker stands up and holds his fists high in the air in celebration, the crowd boos.

Rick—If I was Parker Wayde, I’d roll into the ring and take the count-out.

Matt—He isn’t gonna do that. You have to believe he has orders from Corey Casey to destroy Stygian. Corey Casey doesn’t want that man as IWF World Champion.

Rick—Plus Parker could collect ten million dollars if he cripples him!

Parker pulls a quick in-and-out of the ring to reset the count and goes after Stygian who hasn’t moved since Parker dropped him on his head. Parker pulls Stygian up to a sitting position, takes a few steps back and charges in with a running knee to the head. Stygian flops onto his back, lifeless again. Parker goes over to the steel ring steps and pulls them out from the ring. He sets them up at the end of the ring. Stygian rolls over to his hands and knees, turning away from Parker. As he pulls himself up along the ropes, Parker charges in and kicks him in the back of the same knee he took out earlier. Stygian falls back into a heap. Parker drags him up from behind.

Rick—Parker Wayde has Stygian let up for something here.

Matt—Whatever he’s got planned with those ring steps, it can’t be good.

Parker pulls Stygian into him, locks his arms around Stygian’s waist, and German suplexes him back-first into the side of the steel steps. The whole thing sounds like a car wreck.

Rick—Holy shit!

Matt—Parker Wayde has taken it to the IWF World Champion here tonight. He came out here with a game plan, and he’s imposed his will.

Rick—And it all started by exposing Stygian’s ego.

Matt—When you think you’re Superman, you’re only worried about kryptonite. You forget there’s plenty of other things to hurt you with.

Parker smirks, breaking the count again. Parker jaws at some fans at ringside, jaw-jacking and getting booed. He flips off a couple of them and goes back after the Star Destroyer. Stygian is dead weight as Parker maneuvers him on top of the ring steps. He backs up as Stygian lies limply atop the stairs. Parker gets a running start and dropkicks the stairs, driving them into the world champion. Stygian flies backwards from the impact, landing on his back.

Rick—Not many men take the fight to Stygian like this.

Matt—The High Impact champion is making a statement that he should be taken seriously, tonight.

Parker climbs on top of the stairs and measures the World Champion, jumping off and drilling him between the eyes with a knee. Parker rolls away and takes a couple moments to get to his feet. He stands up and points at Stygian, drawing more ire from the crowd.

Rick—We usually see Stygian administering the beatings outside of the ring, but this has been all Parker Wayde.

Parker stands straddle over Stygian and holds his fist up. He moves to grab Stygian’s head, but Stygian’s fist connects sharply between Parker’s legs!

Rick—LOW BLOW! Disqualify that man.

Matt—Parker’s own body screened it out, the ref couldn’t see the low blow! BREATH WEAPON!

As Parker doubles over, Stygian spits a cloud of red mist into his face.

Rick—Also illegal!

Matt—Also undetected by the ref.

Rick—Did the NFL replacement refs come here or something?

Matt—Parker’s screening out the ref’s vantage point, Stygian used that against him.

Rick—Count’s up to seven here…

Stygian stands and lifts Parker Wayde over his head…and throws him over the top rope into the ring.

Rick—That’s still impressive.

Matt—Moreso that he still has the strength to do it after the beating he’s suffered.

Stygian rolls under the top rope and into the ring, standing up and waiting on Parker. Parker bounces off the ropes and ducks a clothesline. He comes back off as Stygian turns and nails him with the Spartan Kick.

Rick—Damn, he almost caved in Parker’s rib cage!

Matt—That’s the luxury someone like Stygian has. You can empty your arsenal on them, and they’re so big and powerful that they can even the score with a few moves.

Stygian rolls Parker over and covers him.

-1-

-2-

About that time, Isabella Lya Sanchez comes out with Jack Savage and half a dozen security guards, Stygian stands before the ref counts three and goes over to the ropes.

Matt—Oh what the hell is this?

Rick—The executive assistant to the Chairman of the Board, and his Head of Personal Security?

Matt—I know who they are, Rick.

Rick—Well I wasn’t sure how much you’d smoked.

Matt—I want to know what they’re doing out here.

Rick—They’re going over to Lilith and Lilah…

The nameless security guards surround Lilith and Lilah, and even the ref has come over now. Stygian rolls out of the ring, and the guards turn to face him. Stygian shrugs, balls up his fists…and then Isabella grabs a mic and clears her throat.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Stygian. If you interfere with IWF security, you will forfeit this match and I will personally award the Title to Parker Wayde.

Matt—What the hell?

Rick—Sounds legit.

Matt—How does that “sound legit”? This isn’t a title match? She can’t do that!

Rick—She can if Corey Casey says she can.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
Now, gentlemen, please escort these ladies to the back.

Matt—On who’s authority?

Rick—Hers, obviously.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
This match is far too dangerous to allow non-combatant valets to remain at ringside. Mr. Corey Casey has ordered Lilith and Lilah confined to the dressing room for their own safety.

Rick—That’s so thoughtful of Corey.

Matt—Thoughtful? It’s bullshit! They’ve been out here for a lot worse an never suffered for it. This is just to piss Stygian off, and I bet it was Alex Remington’s idea, not Corey Casey’s.

Security finally does manage to get Lilith and Lilah to go along quietly. Stygian lets them get about halfway up the ramp, then he shakes their head and follows them. When he gets to where Isabella Sanchez and Jack Savage are standing, Lya speaks again.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
Oh I don’t think so. If you leave, you’re stripped of the world title, and I’ll give it to Parker Wayde right here.

Stygian turns to her and glares. Finally he shrugs. He knocks Jack Savage down with a huge right hand and grabs Lya by her collar, and making a fist and turning towards the crowd, asking if he should do it. They cheer.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
Don’t you dare! You’ll be fired!

Stygian shrugs, almost as if it would be worth it. But then Jack Savage blindsides him with a chair, saving Miss Sanchez. The ref calls for the bell.

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Matt—Finally some sense, the referee has decided to throw this match out.

Rick—Look at Savage tune up Stygian with that chair.

Savage pulls Stygian up to his knees and blasts him in the face with the chair again. Miss Sanchez turns to the ring.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
Just what are you doing?

The ref presumably explains tuning up your opponent with a steel chair is illegal as fuck, and Jack just got Parker disqualified.

Isabella Lya Sanchez
I don’t think so, Mr. Savage was protecting the Executive Assistant to the Chairman of the Board of directors. Stygian was assaulting me, everyone here is a witness. This match isn’t going to end because the IWF World Heavyweight Champion is a hot head who assaults women for kicks. No, this match is still going. Jack Savage is now the special enforcer in this match. Jack, GET HIM BACK IN THE RING!

By this time Parker has been on his feet just chilling in a neutral corner for the hell of it. He stands in the middle of the ring as Jack drags Stygian to his feet and throws him in the ring. Stygian rolls in on his back a couple of feet from the ropes, and parker smirks covering him. The ref looks at the situation as though to say “you’re fucking kidding.”

Isabella Lya Sanchez
COUNT IT YOU IDIOT!

The ref drops down and counts.

-1-

-2-

-3-

NO! Stygian gets his foot on the ropes somehow.

Rick—WHAT?

Matt—I don’t believe it! Stygian somehow has fight left in him.

Rick—It’s because that idiot referee couldn’t count.

Matt—He’d stopped the match! This is complete bullshit! Stygian probably had Parker Wayde beat with the Spartan Kick when that bitch…

Rick—Watch how you talk about her.

Matt—…came out here. She’s thrown Lilith and Lilah out for no damn reason. She’s threatened to strip Stygian of the title and hand it over to Parker on nobody’s authority, and she’s let Jack Savage assault the IWF World Champion in the middle of a match and overruled a disqualification with no precedent!

Rick—Jack Savage is the special guest enforcer.

Matt—He wasn’t when the match started!

Rick—It’s called an executive decision.

Jack Savage throws Stygian’s foot off the rope out of disgust, and Isabella Sanchez climbs onto the apron to argue with the ref. Parker Wayde stands and directs Savage to the far side of the ring while Lya has the ref distracted. Parker pulls Stygian up and whips him off the far ropes, and Savage blasts him with the chair again. Stygian goes down at the ropes and skids out to mid-ring. Isabella Sanchez drops off the apron and orders the ref to count as Parker covers.

Matt—Savage with that damn chair again.

-1-

-2-

Stygian kicks out!

Rick—How in the hell…

Matt—The World Champion isn’t out of it yet. He’s still got some fight in him.

Stygian sits up out of the cover and pumps his fists. Parker kicks him in the back, and it does nothing. Stygian gets to his feet and turns to face Parker. Parker punches him in the face. Stygian just smirks and tells him to do it again. Parker obliges, and Stygian shoves him back into the corner. Stygian charges into the corner, Parker turns and does a backwards leapfrog out of the corner. Stygian bounces out of the corner without stopping and levels him with a clothesline.

Rick—Here he goes…

Matt—The IWF World Heavyweight Champion has a second win here.

Rick—But can he overcome the damage that the IWF High Impact Champion did to him?

Stygian drags Parker out of the corner, bounds over him to the ropes, to bounce off and drop a forearm into his throat. The ref drops down to count a cover, but Stygian just grinds his forearm into the bridge of Parker’s nose. Isabella screams at the referee for letting Stygian get away with an illegal hold. The referee takes time out to go over tell Lya that Stygian has a five count to break the hold. In the meantime Stygian wraps his massive hand around Parker’s throat and chokes the life out of him. Finally Bella Sanchez lets the ref do his job and stops bitching. The ref finally sees the illegal choke.

-1-

Rick—Finally he does his job…

-2-

Matt—It’s Isabella Sanchez’s own damn fault, chirping like she does.

-3-

-4-

Stygian breaks the hold.

Rick—About time! The man should be arrested for attempted murder!

Stygian pulls Parker to his feet and hoists him up on his shoulders, running into the corner an launching him into it.

Matt—Snake Eyes from the world Heavyweight Champion.

Parker bounces out of the corner and staggers into Stygian’s grasp. Stygian once again sets up for the burn notice, when Jack Savage climbs onto the apron with his chair. Stygian drops Parker to the ground and turns to face Savage. Savage swings with the chair and Stygian catches it. He rips the chair out of Jack’s hands and drops it behind him for the moment. Then Stygian pulls Jack into the ring the hard way.

Rick—That man’s functioning as an IWF official! Strip him of the belt!

Matt—You know Chuck Matthews won’t stand for that.

Rick—Because Stygian is Chuck’s new golden boy…

Jack Savage gets up into a huge kick to the gut. Stygian hoists him up. Jacks legs are kicking as he tries to run on air like Wile E. Coyote and get away, but he is dropped down with a resounding Burn Notice.

Matt—That’s what Stygian thinks of the Special Enforcer. Hell, that’s what he thinks about the Empire’s bullshit in general.

Rick—He’s forgotten all about Parker Wayde…

Stygian draws the blade and runs it through the chest of Jack Savage. The crowd cheers as Stygian hauls him up and presses him overhead for the Baneblade. Stygian turns around…and eats the chair from Parker Wayde. The ref calls for the bell, and this time it sticks.

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Heather Thompson
Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner as a result of a disqualification, Stygian.

Savage collects himself at the far set of ropes as Parker clobbers Stygian over and over with the steel chair. The Empire comes running down to the ring as Parker and Jack roll Stygian over, revealing that his forehead has been busted wide open. The troops who dive into the ring are Blaze, Phillip Joseph, and Alexander Remington. Isabella Luna and Corey Casey join Isabella Lya Sanchez at ringside. Remington carries the ten million dollar briefcase as the rest of the men in the ring stomp on the IWF World Champion. Suddenly Stygian surges to his feet, throwing The Empire off him, and makes a beeline for Remington. But Parker Wayde recovers in time to intercept Stygian with the steel chair. The rest of them pull him back to the middle of the ring as Alex smirks and smooths down the lapels of his jacket as The Empire is doing the Mexican Hat Dance on Stygian.

Suddenly boos turn to cheers.

Rick—Someone’s coming here…

Matt—It’s Chuck Matthews, and he brought backup! Bad Company!

Chuck Matthews, Silas Romero, Logan MacLeod, and Griffin Hawkins all run down and dive into the ring.

Rick—And they’ve all got baseball bats, the cowards.

Matt—Now it’s an even fight!

The Empire dives out of the ring, and leaves Chuck and his lot to help Stygian to his feet. Chuck hands his bat to Stygian and moves to the ropes as Corey Casey and the Empire beat a strategic retreat. The show closes on The Empire laughing, turning and walking out, as though they’re too good for this fight as “Bad Company” by Five Finger Death Punch blares overhead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign   Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds LIV: Empire's Reign
Page 1 of 1