Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury Empty
PostSubject: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 am

Match One of Three...should be a pretty entertaining few weeks!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

World Warriors
The Remington Steal , continued

There were probably worse places to sleep, to lay your head and rest.

Devlin still didn't like it, the rich opulence the bed, the walls, the art it just screamed more of Remington waving his money around whilst everybody else had to suffer the grace of his 'hospitality' whilst they picked each other off at random.

He smiled a bit at one of the mirrors as he passed along his way, the arrogant wave given towards the camera behind the one way mirror seen by a few security guards.

”Who is he? I want to to know his name, occupation, hell I want to know the color of his dog's hair! Find me everything on this guy!”

“Sure, sir, why?”

”The boos has taken special interest in this one, make sure he meets Somebody good next time around, put him through his paces properly.”

Beyond the mirror and the security desk and the whole conspiracy of a 'tougher' opponent Devlin was looking out a window , admiring the view that lay beyond and just relaxing , a double back to the in apartment bedroom found a wardrobe fashioned with plain clothing of most sizes, as if the event had been planned for a few days, and well clothes were in short supply.

Devlin had to chuckle , head shaking as he turned towards the bed. Might as well get some sleep.

”Devlin Raine sir, born Chicago Illinois, Occupation: It says here that as of late he's been running a Gym in south Chicago, but I have some friends who say he used to also specialize in finding...rare antiquities.”

Remington listens to the beefing on Devlin Raine, checking a wtach as he idly smirks , taking breaths by the second as his heat beats like watch on his wrist, mastering every breath, every single moment like he has with everything else in his life.

“And so, what are you going to do? You said you had somebody in mind to ..introduce to Mr Raine, and I'm very interested in seeing what you had in mind.”

As the picture on the screen changed, Remington's brows lifted and he gave a satisfied smile titling his head as he considered the choice and stood up.

“Interesting choice, Go ahead, I'm intrigued to see how you'll manage to get those two to fight.”

The net morning Devlin was wandering the lavish halls, just exploring, a few fights had broken out and not h significant really was happening, people content to stay out of each other's way and explore, What troubled Devlin the most was not a single sign of anyone approaching him.

Had he not pissed anyone off with his little display? Something stunk to High heaven, and as he stepped into a serene Zen garden and the door behind him clicked closed, did he thank heavens he might just have been right about annoying -somebody-.
Of course, his eyes laid on the man who locked the door , a cocky and instantly recognisable smile.
As it was readily and rapidly becoming apparent that his next opponent could very well be.

Johnny Cage.

Devlin stepped back wary or f the film star as he pulled those signature sunglasses down to look at the youngster , a wry grin spreading over his face as he spoke.

“Relax we aren't gonna do this here..not enough eyes on us kid..No This is the part where I challenge you, and you accept.”

Devlin titled his head abit as he stepped around the filmstar, who's reputation was a little tarnished among those ignorant of his actual martial prowess, rumours abound that he didn't do his own stunts and a tall tale involving a trip to underground fighting tournaments made him a wary asset in the public eye.

Yet here he was, challenging the youngster who finally found it in him to speak.

”Why me?”

Cage chuckled and straightened as he stalked around the youngster and the the tow of them , without really realizing it, took a relaxed fighting stance, the fight that would come later, would apparently come now, amongst the peace and tranquillity of the Zen stones that crunched gently under each footstep.

But what happened next, neither of them expected.

To be continued

Pain is relative, but the fall? That is the most painful of all.
He remembers watching the world disappear from view, blood and pain and agony, the cheers and boos for him and Steel.
It wasn't enough, he didn't really feel the table collapse around him, he sure as hell didn't feel the floor underneath it.

It was as he looked at his battered and bruised form in the mirror, that he jealous voice that had driven most t of his 'crusade' finally receded and Devlin found himself with no excuses, but a knowledge that he really had been so very , very close to winning.

”No rest for the wicked.”

Devlin looked into the mirror at the camera that sat over one shoulder whilst he walked along, not even limping, how was it he was still able to move? Even he couldn't answer that one, but it seems the Trip to Oblivion was a recurring thing resting a hand on a couch as he winced slightly and looked down at the phone that sits there , shaking his head a little.

”It Seems however that he IWF has given me a third chance, the best things come in threes they say, and I have to prove myself in threes a best of Three series against Gordon Fury, who unlike last time no longer has the 'new guy' advantage.”

Devlin sighed some and looked down at the bandages wrapped about his form, cuts and bruises still visible, and worn as a badge of honour now, a reminder of a match that anywhere else, would have been the main event.

”So I have three chances to get back to where I was, or two at least, assuming I win every match, which Honestly? Is a dumb thing to do.. But I hear ya'll asking Why? Devlin? Why come back? You should be broken.”

Devlin shook his head some and smiled, taking a slow ragged breath, it t still hurt really, a lot hurt but then again Pain was a gateway of healing to a degree..Well that was a personal thing.

”Because, Steel took me to a limit, pulled my ass further and harder than part of me could fathom and I'm -still standing- Rise..and rise again until Lambs become lions, which is my ..thing right now..It's not ego, it's not even Pride it's..I dunno..I just want to make things right.”

Devlin shakes his head and looks down hands on the sink as he breathes another sigh, holding himself above the water that pools underneath him whilst he speaks.

”Right, do I even know what that is right now? I mean...I was close..Both of us I felt.. I dunno there' s a feeling you get up there even when I was galling I could feel it, it's something I've not felt for a long time, something precious...Alive..”

Devlin nodded as this assignation to the emotion, it might not be correct, hell there might be a better word for it, but Devlin isn't really able to think of one, a whole mess of emotions bundled into this little box, that makes him feel alive.

He looks back up into the camera with that little smile on his face a lip re-cracking and a pool of blood forming as he tries to wipe it away and then speaks softly so as not to spray blood on the mirror image.

”Gordon, you handed me my ass last time, I know that so seeing my name opposite yours must make you feel pretty good considering my physical condition or at least, considering the look of me..That's ok I don't mind so much. After all what do I have to lose now? Except the shot at Steel once more...Is that right? Is that even fair? I don't really know..I could sit here and whine about how I'm hurt about how I was thrown form the top of the cage...about how Steel Angel whipped me raw...Or I could tell you that depsite all that, despite very bump, every lump every step being a wincing reminder of every lasting second of The Trip to Oblivion match?”

Devlin smiled a little wider that cut ripping just a touch more, he's a silly boy I know but well, he's going with it.

”I'm still here, still standing, still walking and you had better believe, still wrestling. That's right Gordon I'd say Devlin is a changed man, but that's not true..I'm as stubborn an ass as I always was, difference is now? The falls seems have helped me realise I need to pull my head out of my sphincter and Lay you down the old fashioned way I know I can do it..I can do anything if I put my mind to it.”

Devlin nods a little and then shook his head before muttering with a soft. Tone of exhasperation

”Listen to me I sound like the Little Devlin That could or something, Point is Gordon, I'm Shhoting to go back for Steel, whether you like it or not, you're in my damned way.. And so we gotta do this little dance you and I Bets of three and It's all going on the line really, I gotta beat you to at least get the the big shot, and you have to be t me to get your shot, catch 22 and one of us has to be left in the lurch..or fall...I already did that once...”

Devlin gives a wry smile and shakes his head.

”Not gonna happen again so soon..”

And Devlin winks towards the camera and we slowly fade out as he starts to wash himself in preparation for the show, after all he has to at least look ..sort of good.

Fin
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:54 pm

The scene opens with Gordon Fury sitting in what looks like a pub. He is wearing a dark purple t-shirt and a although you can't see below he waist, one would assume he is wearing pants. He is eating a steak, when all of a sudden a random women in her early twenties come up behind him and puts her hands over his eyes.

Random Woman: Guess Who?

Gordon lets out a quiet sigh. He knows exactly who it is. The high pitched, tear your ears off voice was more than enough.

Gordon Fury: Hi Tracey.

Tracey Smith is the ex girlfriend of Gordon's brother Kurt. Gordon was there for her after Kurt passed away, and they helped each other to get through the grief. The only issue is that Gordon can't stand Tracey. To Gordon, she is one of the most annoying people in the world, and if she was male, he would have punched her in the face a long time ago. She, of course, has no idea. She moves her hands before sitting in the chair next to him.

Tracey Smith: Hey there superstar! How are you? Its been so long!

Gordon Fury: Yeh Trace it has. I've been good thanks, can't really complain. What are you doing in America?

Tracey Smith: I live here silly! I moved here shortly after you did. I thought we might run into each other at some point! This is great!

Gordon Fury: Yeh... Great.

Tracey Smith: So what has been happening in the life of Gordon hmmmm?

Gordon Fury: Wrestling has pretty much been it for me ever since I got the contract with Insurgency Wrestling Federation. Just been braking necks and cashing checks, know what I mean?

If the blank look on her face is any indication, she doesn't. She suddenly has a lightbulb moment.

Tracey Smith: Wait... YOU'RE GORDON FURY!?

Remember those “punch in the face moments”? Yeh. Gordon resists the urge to comment or react, instead just answering the question.

Gordon Fury: Yes Tracey, I am.

Tracey Smith: WOW! I can see it now! I didn't pick it at first, but now I see! You are a lot more... aggressive than you used to be Gordy. No longer the quiet guy who was afraid to hurt people's feelings. In fact you are a lot more like how Kurt was.

Gordon's annoyance quickly fades, as despite everything, there is still a connection between the two of them when it comes to Kurt. Before he passed, Gordon and Tracey were the closest people he had in his life. Gordon takes a deep breath.

Gordon Fury: Yeh Tracey, I have definitely have changed in that regard. See I was liked by people who knew me, but often I would fly under the radar, especially in comparison to Kurt. Kurt was the kinda guy that always spoke his mind, but did it in a way that people respected him for it. He brought that to his wrestling persona. He was gonna make it big Trace...

Tracey puts her hand on Gordon's.

Tracey Smith: I know Gordy, I know.

Gordon looks like he might be tearing up, but he quickly shelves that shit.

Gordon Fury: So when that was taken from him, I swore I would do whatever it took to achieve his dream. And that meant I couldn't stay as the same Gordon. I had to be someone who wouldn't take any shit. Someone who people would respect, whether they wanted to or not. And so far it seems to be working.

Tracey nods with an uncharacteristic sense of understanding. She moves her hand from on top of Gordon's in an attempt to weave her fingers in between his, but before she can, Gordon stands up.

Gordon Fury: Well Tracey, it was good seeing you again.

Tracey stands up with a smile and hugs Gordon, and he hugs back.

Tracey Smith: You too Gordy, take care.

They both let go as Gordon walks out of shot. The camera fades to black.

------------------------------------------

The scene opens back up in Gordon's hotel room. He is wearing the same as before as he sits in an armchair, quite relaxed.

Gordon Fury: You know Devlin, this match is bitter-sweet for me. I mean, ever since we first fought, I was eager to face you one on one. Then after I beat you again in the triple threat match, it made me want it even more. And then it happened. Exactly what I hoped wouldn't happen. You became one of THEM.

Gordon shudders.

Gordon Fury: You see Dev I know exactly how you feel. Getting so close yet so far, pretty much the story of my life. But do know I deal with it Dev? Do you know how real men deal with it? They get the fuck back up, and they try again, for as long as it takes. Never taking no for an answer, always coming back for more, no matter how many times you get knocked back. Do you know what they don't do Devlin? They don't about how the other guy didn't deserve it, they don't steal fucking title belts from people's lockers. You want the belt Dev? Then WIN the fucking thing! You say you have accepted the loss, and yet in the same breath blame everyone else for it. I AM looking forward to this match Devlin, but not for the reason I wanted.

Gordon leans forward on his chair.

Gordon Fury: Here are the facts: This week is week one in a best of 3 series for a High Impact Title shot. Now Dev just as you thought it was bullshit that Steel got put into your match, wouldn't you say I am justified to say the same? I mean I have worked bloody hard to get where I am Dev, and while I may not be unstoppable or unbeatable, everyone who I step in the ring with remembers my name, and they know they have through a war. I am the definition of High Impact Devlin, and I deserve this shot. It isn't being cocky. It's fact. As for you Devlin? You have had your shot. Twice. And you have fucked it up. Twice. What makes you think you deserve to go for round 3. Spoilers, you don't. And I am going to prove it. See Dev you are right about one thing, the fact that things come in three's. I already am 2-0 against you, and now that we finally face off one-on-one, I am going to make it 3-0. Then I'm going to go into next week, and shut you out, before going on to face Steel for the High Impact Title. And I believe 100% in myself when I say this Devlin, I don't have to hold back because I'm afraid i'll have to eat my words when I lose. I never go into a match not expecting to pick up the win, and I'm not starting now.

Gordon stands up and takes a few steps towards the camera.

Gordon Fury: Devlin I know you still have what it takes. I saw it in our matches, and I see it every week. You just need to wake the fuck up and get your head out of your arse...

Gordon smirks.

Gordon Fury:... So that I can shove it back up there. I am determined beyond belief to, unlike you, make the most of every opportunity. I am going to beat you this week, and become one step closer to becoming High Impact Champion. It's time to face the fury...

...Mate.

The scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury
Page 1 of 1