Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury Empty
PostSubject: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Must win situation for Devlin!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury   Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:42 pm

The scene opens up on a suburban street. Houses are seen in the background, and people are walking along the footpath, generally oblivious to what is going on around them. One of these people if Gordon Fury. He seems deep in thought as he walks along the path. Suddenly, shouting snaps him back to reality. There is a man running full speed at Gordon, a knife in one hand, a woman's purse in the other. Behind him is a lady pointing furiously at this man, screaming for somebody to stop him. The camera turns to face Gordon and the scene goes into slow motion, and a younger version of Gordon has taken his place. When the camera turns back to the scene, it is a different man running at Gordon, and a different lady screaming out. Still in slow motion, Gordon sidesteps the Man, letting him run right by him, before continuing to walk. A flash of white takes it back to present day full speed, and as the man reaches Gordon he thrusts his knife out, but Gordon ducks under the knife and spears him to the ground. The lady comes running over as Gordon kicks the knife away from the man, before handing the bag back to the lady.

Lady: Than you so much! How can I repay you?

Gordon Fury: Don't worry about it, it's the least I can do.

With that, Gordon walks away from the man and woman, continuing on his path. Just as he is about to leave the shot, he glances up to the sky with a smile on his face. He looks back at the two people one more times before turning and leaving the shot. The scene fades to black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene opens up in Gordon's hotel room. Its looks like a hotel room, with things in it that motel rooms have, use your fucking imagination. Gordon is wearing a grey singlet and a pair of white board shorts. He is standing in the center of the shot with a laptop off to his side. He does not look happy in the slightest. Without a word he turns the screen to show the camera. It is a close up of his assigned match from last week:

Best of three match series with the winner of the series earning a shot at the High Impact Title at NYE
Gordon Fury leads the series 1-0
Guest Ref: Steel Angel

Gordon Fury [vs.] Devlin Raine

The camera then focuses on Gordon. Gordon speaks in an aggressive sarcastic tone.

Gordon Fury: Everyone can this right? Fairly plain as day yeh? Good. There is something in particular I would like clarified. So I lead the series 1-0, in a BEST OF THREE match series. So naturally you would think that since I beat Devlin for the gajillionth time that I would be number one contender right? I don't know if I'm with the minority here, but that is what I figured. And yet, I have something else to show you. It is from the official match card for this week's Battlegrounds.

Gordon turns the laptop back around, before typing on some key and clicking the mouse, before turning it again to face the camera.

Best of Four Match to determine the #1 Contender to the IWF High Impact Championship
Gordon Fury leads the series 2-0
Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury

Gordon just shakes his head in bewilderment as he turns to look at the screen, before back to the camera.

Gordon Fury: So apparently, literally overnight, my guaranteed title shot is gone and it is now a “best of 4” match series. So literally the night after I refuse to return to the Empire, the conditions of my contendership changes. Real fucking subtle there Corey Casey. You know I had suspected you to pull something like this, but I gave you way too much credit. I mean there were so many things you could do to screw me out of being number one contender, and this is the best you could do? Really? I don't know if you made it as obvious as a brick to the face to try and send a message, but if that was the case then you obviously don't know me very well. All you have done is added fuel to the fire, and given me even more motivation to succeed. Not only that, but by doing this you have shown that you are desperate. You are desperate to keep the facade that the Empire are all powerful and almighty. And with me flat out refusing you, it makes the Empire look...well...shit. But you have made a very grave miscalculation: You have officially fucked with me, and as I showed with Chuck Matthews, I don't let that slide. What does this mean for you and the Empire Corey? You will find out soon enough.

Gordon closes the lid of his laptop before stepping forward into the center of the frame.

Gordon Fury: Now we come to Devlin. Devlin, on behalf of Corey Casey I appologise. You thought it was over. You thought that last week was the last time you had to lose to Gordon Fury for awhile. And now thanks to Corey Casey, that relief that you feel is gone, and you have to pick yourself up again and step into the ring with you not only have never beaten, but who has also beaten you FOUR times. You are longer longer pinned against a wall Devlin, because last week I crashed tackled you through it. See this isn't the last chance for you Devlin, and that is purely because of your mindset coming into this match. How would I know what your mindset is like? Because I have been where you are right now Dev. After our match last week, you finally gave up. Deep in your fight you finally admitted defeat in this series, the same as I had believed I had been victorious. You believed heart and sole that this series was over, that you had been shut out 2-0, and that is was back to the drawing board. Corey's intent to send a message at my expense has given you this final chance, but can you break out of that mindset by Battlegrounds? I don't think so. You are coming into this match at the lowest of lows Devlin. You are beaten, broken, and if you aren't at rock bottom already, all you have to do is step down. Me? I am at the highest point in my career. I have 4 previous wins over you, 2 in this series. I am driven now more than ever, not just because of the stakes, but to prove a point to Corey Casey, and the world, that I WILL NOT be stopped. That despite whatever is thrown my way, I will succeed, because fucking up people's day's is what I do.

Gordon pulls a chair in from out of shot and flips it around before sitting on it backwards.

Gordon Fury: Of course you could argue that you have some fire left in you because of Steel's actions last week, but I have a knowledge bomb to drop on you Devlin. Steel “screwing” you last week changes nothing. I have already proven I can beat you convincingly multiple times, and even if you did get to the ropes, we both know I still would have won, the same as we both know it this week.

Gordon gets up, flips the chair around and sits on it normally. He rubs his face with his hands before looking into the camera again.

Gordon Fury: There is not much more I can say Dev, we have done this song and dance many times before. I may sound like a broken record Devlin, but the fact that I can still argue the same points, and they are still as valid as they were the first time, well that should tell you something. I still, despite everything, respect your skill and dedication to show up every week, despite the outcome, but nothing is going to change. I am FINALLY going to leave Battlegrounds as the winner of our series, and as the undisputed number one contender. And at the end of the night, you will once again pick yourself up from the canvas, and wonder what you have to do to beat Gordon Fury. The answer is simple Dev. You can't. It's time for you to yet again face the fury...

...Mate.

Gordon stands up from the chair and walks out of shot. The camera fades to black.
Back to top Go down

Devlin Raine [vs.] Gordon Fury
Page 1 of 1