Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE Empty
PostSubject: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Alright everyone, here's a quick update. This week was really bad in terms of show writing. I ended up writing the entire thing, minus a few segments and the opening match (thank you Chuck and Parker). However, I can't do this every week. And I refuse to let this happen again. So here is what is happening.

As of right now, the writing team is only myself and Chuck. I have cleared everyone out of it. Everyone is going to have to earn their way into it again. It doesn't matter what you've done in the past at this point. We are extremely grateful to anyone who has written shows in the past of course. But at this point, I want to start from scratch. Obviously if you've written shows, you'll have more of an advantage. You know what we want and expect.

So here we go. THESE ARE THE THINGS YOU NEED TO WRITE SHOWS FOR IWF

1) A basic understanding of how a wrestling match goes (this goes without saying)

2) A basic understanding of wrestling moves and how to properly integrate them into a match

3) The style in which we write our matches. IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME BUT PEOPLE NEVER GET IT RIGHT.

4) The ability to write matches based on RPs. General rule of thumb is one page of match per RP. So therefore, most average IWF matches would be about two pages long. If one opponent no-shows, obviously the match will be shorter. If both people write amazing RPs, obviously the match should be longer and more competitive. We will not accept match writers who only write three paragraphs for a match in which both people RP'd well.

5) Free time and dedication. This is by far the most important one. Writing matches is not easy. I understand that people have other things to do. But when you are a match writer, you are expected to get your matches done in a reasonable amount of time. You cannot take three days to write one match. Here is what is going to happen from now on. The outline will be sent out within 12 hours of deadline. So if deadline is on Sunday at midnight(as it usually is), then the outline will be sent out by noon on Monday (EST). After the outline is sent out, you have 36 or more hours to finish your matches. That means that all of your matches need to be finished by Tuesday night at midnight. If your matches are not done by then, you will be fired from the writing team.

Obviously things happen in life that we can't predict. If you get in an accident, or lose your internet or something, that's understandable. However, if Tuesday night comes, and we find out that you were just busy and couldn't do it, then you will be fired. That's not an excuse. I know this seems harsh, but in IWF we RP every week. Its not fair to the RPers to have Wednesday and Thursday show postings, when the deadline is Sunday. Show writing is not something that you just pick and choose when you want to do it. You're expected to do it. If you know that you aren't going to be able to finish writing matches by Tuesday night, DON'T OFFER TO BE A SHOW WRITER. We are not forcing anyone to do this. You don't have to do it. It's something we are asking of everyone, because we need show writers for the IWF to function. But we also need people who are reliable and dedicated.

SO, with that being said. If you are certain that you have met all 5 criteria, then you can continue. Here are my expectations as a show writer, in list form.

1) You will be available to write on either Monday or Tuesday, every week, unless you tell the admins otherwise WELL in advance. Do not wait until Sunday night to tell us that you can't write. Tell us as far in advance as you can, so we can plan around it.

2) If you suddenly become busy or sick on Monday or Tuesday, you will immediately notify the admins, and you will find someone to replace you for match writing. We will help as best we can, but we would like it if you could do this yourself as much as you can. DO NOT just vanish for three days without telling anyone, unless there was an extreme emergency.

3) You will be expected to write a minimum of two matches a week. Sometimes you will write more, sometimes you might write less. But I expect show writers to be able to write AT LEAST two matches. And I don't mean one good match, one shitty match. I mean two average-to-high quality matches. Again, if you know that you won't be able to do this, tell us well in advance. But if you don't tell us, then I will expect that you will be able to write two matches.

4) You are expected to understand how to properly code our shows. It is extremely easy. We have done it the EXACT same way for TWO YEARS. If you need to go back and look at shows to see how, that's fine. But it shouldn't take you any more than ten minutes to understand how we code thingss

5) You are expected to write a full match. A full match looks like this: Entrances/Introductions-Match-Post Match Celebrations. Celebrations can be short and sweet, because sometimes we will have segments instead of celebrations. But if you are not told otherwise, please write the celebrations. And please write them properly. Don't have a super heel go out and start high fiving all the cheering fans

Alright. So with that being said, if you understand everything I've just said, and you would like to continue to, or begin writing shows for IWF then please respond here. If you are interested, I will send you a PM, giving you match details, and ask you to write a test match, based on the situation I gave you.

I will not be turning anyone away, unless they cannot write a match to save their life. Rather, the PM test is for me to determine which matches you would be best writing. Nobody should take this personally, but some people can just write better matches than others. If you're very new, I'd like to give you less competitive matches, just to help you get a feel for how to properly write, etc. If you are very skilled, I don't want to waste your talents on squash matches.

So again, if you are interested in show writing, please respond here. This is an announcement for EVERYONE. Even if you've written before, you have to respond to this. Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:42 pm

We already talked about this yo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:09 pm

I would love to continue on writing matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I've already stated I would return, count me in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:14 pm

I know you all need help... and I know I'm new here but I have a little match experience so... I'd like to pitch in perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Sah'ta Thor

Sah'ta Thor

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-0-3
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Just saw this thread but we talked a bit about this earlier... I am open to relief match writing... also can do one on bigger cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE   EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVERYONE READ THIS PLEASE
Page 1 of 1