Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 pm

The crowd begins to get settled in their seats as an announcer comes over the speakers letting everyone know that we are less than a minute from going live. Filing down the isles everyone rushes quickly. Some with signs in hopes of grasping that one moment of fame…the fifteen seconds ever so sought after.

BOOM

The lights hit and the IWF logo comes across the tron. The fans erupt and stand on their feet as cameras pan around. Glimpses of signs that read:

“SO LONG CASEY”|“ROCKSTAR RETURN”|“#WESTILLBELIEVE”
“CAGE IS BORING”|“AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE”|”REMI SUCKS”

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend NEWBGBanner
LIVE from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend 2010035638hondacenter

Quickly the camera pans back to the entrance ramp as we are officially live in Anaheim California at the Honda Center.

The lights in the arena, one by one slowly fade off until the entire arena sits pitch black. A buzz falls over the crowd as we sit there...waiting. Finally the lights along the tron pulsate as words begin to be spoken.

Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour.
You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything.
And to understand is to transform what is.

“Diamond” by Stick To Your Guns blares with every pulse of the song's intro, a series of bright blinding white lights flash in time. Violently, the song’s pulsating intro kicks into the hammering of guitars as wind and smoke chaotically collect, swirl and clash on the entrance stage until it engulfs the entire stage whole.

I know that what's in front of me is a reflection of what is inside of me
I see that I need to be myself because it's so lonely in the eyes of someone else
I feel
Oh I feel
Ya I feel and I always will

Every light in the arena slowly fade off except the red “exit” signs. The energy of the crowd is amazing. The lights flicker off, as the strobe lights continue to flicker throughout the arena.

I starve to leave fee from fear
To free myself, before I disappear
I am forever more than just surviving
This is my life and this life is my diamond
My time,
Your time,
Our time is running out

Stepping out onto the entrance ramp Alex Dillinger looks out onto the crowd with his walking boot attached to his foot. Walking down the ramp with crutches the crowd explodes cheering him on...

I know you, because you're just like me
Always questioning every single thing
Never giving up without a fight
Because for you, your resistance is a way of life

Young and angry, with every right to be
Bent but not broken, hanging on by a thread
Looked past by most, looked down on by all.
We don't need them, it's forever us against them all
Forever us against them all

The fans in the front row reach out and touch Alex as he high fives some of them back hobbling to the ring. Rolling into the ring Dillinger uses the ropes to hop up.

Matt - Alex Dillinger ladies and gentlemen.

Johnny - He doesn’t look too good. Corey Casey did a number on that ankle.

Extending his hand to Heather Alex grabs a microphone from her as the crowd begins to chant.

“WE STILL BELIVE”

Over and over the chants fill the arena until every member is chanting along in unison. Dillinger bites his bottom lip and looks to the ground brushing his eyes with his free hand.

Alex Dillinger
Thank you, thank you…

Dillinger looking to be choked up a bit shakes it off as the crowd cheers once more before slowly fading down to silence as Alex begins to speak once more.

Alex Dillinger
You know I didn’t ever want to have to come out here under these circumstances. I never wanted things to be the way they’ve become. It’s been a long road, a helluva journey. As I stand here, or attempt to stand here…all I can think about is the exciting matches. Matches like the triple threat ladder match in UECW where I really broke through keep running through my mind. It’s almost as if my professional career is flashing before me. Not just because of the injury…

Looking down at his walking boot Dillinger lifts it up and a mixed sympathetic crowd reaction can be heard.

Matt - Can’t blame Alex here. Suffering a re-injury has got to be difficult to deal with.

Alex Dillinger
Maybe it is the injury, forcing things to come to a head. I could just be lying to myself to make this all easier. Who knows really. You know I wanted to be walking out here greeting each and every one of you holding the IWF Championship over my shoulder and telling you all that through your support I accomplished my goal. Guess it wasn’t meant to be. Guess it wasn’t supposed to happen that way. I guess a little pea brained fuckface like Corey Casey had a case of the Remington blues and had to take it out on me. The little napoleon piece of shit gets to have the last laugh. Sure he was fired but I’ve suffered a fate much worse than being fired from a company. I won’t even be able to be hired by a company now…

Matt - Wait what?

Alex Dillinger
I’m out here tonight to tell you all that it’s been fun. The journey together and my comeback attempt has been cut short. I’m sorry that I failed all of you. I know things should’ve been better. Things should’ve been different. But they aren’t. My injury that I suffered at Isolation will prevent me from ever competing again…

The crowd begins to boo loudly. Dillinger looks to the ground again swallowing hard. While he struggles to speak the crowd begins to chant.

“PLEASE DON’T GO!”

Matt - Is Alex Dillinger out here to quit?

Johnny - When the going gets tough…

Alex Dillinger
While the IWF Championship was an accomplishment I deemed worthy of achieving. It’s time for me to walk away. If I had a choice like I said that belt would’ve been mine. I just can’t go anymore. Doctors won’t clear me, management won’t book me, and they say the ankle will never be the same. At this point with everything I’ve done and everywhere I’ve been…all the fans, the different faces I’ve had the pleasure of working with….it’s been a life changing experience.

I went from being that young brash punk kid with the never give a fuck attitude and in your face style…to being the MAN that I am today. It’s been fun growing with each of you and I’ve enjoyed sharing my journey with you all. However this is the end of a story. While the story of the legendary Axle Vengeance will live on through the pages of professional wrestling history…the prologue for Alex Dillinger the MAN has just barely begun to be written.

Life goes on beyond these mats…

At the end of the day we’re all just people, different types of people from all walks of life. If I can leave you guys with anything it’s live your life a day at a time and cherish every moment you have. One minute you might be on top of the world and the next you could find yourself drowning in a sea of trials and tribulations. Overcome. Never give up and keep on fighting. Life forces you to humble yourself and if you don’t you’ll just get caught up in a whirlwind of pain and hate.

If I can accomplish everything I’ve been able to accomplish than each and every single one of you are more than capable of achieving greatness. I’ve enjoyed my moment in the sun now it’s time for guys like Ethan Cage…

*BOOS*

Alex Dillinger
Gordon Fury, Tim Patrick, Griffin Hawkins and the list goes on. The journey has been great. All of you fans and IWF will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you all.

Fighting back his emotions Alex gives a light pound to his chest and raises his arm up as the crowd cheers loudly. From the back out walks a majority of the IWF family. Brandon Macdonald, Gordon Fury, Griffin Hawkins, Jack Savage, Flex Johnson, Tim Patrick, Blyss Lockhart and Libby Marcil walk down the ramp together. Dillinger cracks a smile as the superstars hop into the ring.

Matt - Look at this all of these people coming out to say farewell to a legend.

Johnny - He’s an inspiration, a pioneer in his own right.

The crowd continues to roar in approval as Jack Savage and Gordon Fury hoist up Alex high in the air. Matt and Johnny stand up and clap while the crowd comes to their feet as well. Camera bulbs crack and flash repeatedly while everyone continues to smile. With the emotions running on high Alex wipes a tear from his eye as they set him down. Alex turns and kisses Libby who pats him on the back helping him out of the ring.

Johnny - Class act, all the way.

Dillinger heads to the back with his woman under his arm and friends by his side. A storied career has come to a close. The sport had claimed another victim of a career forced to come to a close due to an injury. As Dillinger disappears a final image appears on the tron before slowly fading away…

#WESTILLBELIEVE

Matt - We do indeed STILL believe. Sad day for wrestling fans everywhere but no one will ever forget what Alex Dillinger has done for this business and even this company.

Johnny - That’s right ladies and gentlemen we’ve got a jam packed show planned tonight. Not only will Griffin Hawkins be returning to the squared circle but Gordon Fury goes one on one with his girlfriend Blyss Lockhart.

Matt - That’s right and let’s not forget a clash in opposite styles when the technician Flex Johnson takes on the hardcore no rules Tim Patrick. Plus newly crowned High Impact Champion Shey takes on the Uprising Champion Thor in a champion versus champion match.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heather Thompson - This next match is a TRIPLE THREAT MATCH and is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first from Dallas Texas weighing in at 201lbs...BEAU BOWENS!

"Violence" by A Day to Remember hits the PA system followed by the 6 foot 3 Texan superstar walking out the black curtain. Beau walks onto the steel stage, taken a sudden pause while he looks out at all the people at attendance. Trying to examine everyone's reaction towards him. After showing some interest in the fans opinions for a few seconds Bowens proceeds to make his way down the steel ramp. Trying to stretch his arm muscles while the cameras follow him into the ring. Once Beau is in the squared circle he walks to the nearest turnbuckle and he takes a seat on the second turnbuckle while he waits for his opponent to come out or for the referee to ring the bell.

Heather Thompson - Introducing second, from Istra Russia weighing in at 249lbs...Imanov Chovsceh

Leisure walk to the ring as "Animal I have become" plays while he shakes out his body in a show of intimidation and confidence. Once at the ring he walks up the steps and fixes his opponent with a predatory stare before climbing through the middle ropes. As soon as he gets in the ring he makes and Atlas style pose while a set of red and white pyros cross the ring. Before the smoke fades Imanov moves to his corner cracking his neck while waiting for the bell to ring.

Heather Thompson - Introducing last from Parts Unknown weighing in at 268lbs...WERNER WEHRMACT!!!

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Match
Four Corners
(ONE FALL)

Werner Wehrmact [vs.] Beau Bowens [vs.] Brad Franklin [vs.] Imanov Chovsceh

[Ding Ding Ding]

Werner grabs Beau Bowens by the hair and cocks back his right hand sending it vaulting towards the nose of Bowens. Turning his nose into mush Werner obliterates Beau Bowens.

Matt - My GOD Beau’s face is a crimson mess!

Johnny - Yet no one is doing anything…

Werner throws Beau off to the side and sets his sights on Imanov. With a cold stare Werner turns to Imanov and drops him with a clothesline. The crowd begins to start buzzing.

Imanov rolls out of the ring frustrated and shaking his head. He removes his black t-shirt and tosses it into the crowd only to see it tossed back at him. The fans boo him loudly as he throws his arms down in protest.

Matt - Where is Imanov going?

Johnny - Your guess is as good as mine…

Imanov heads to the back as the referee watches him basically take his ball and go home. With Imanov gone Werner doesn’t do much except shrug his shoulders and then grabs hold of the bloody Beau who sits in the corner practically unconscious leaning against the turnbuckle. Werner scoops his opponent up and runs towards the opposite corner. Leaping into the air Werner completes the running power slam with authority.

Matt - DEMON SPANKER!

Johnny - That’s all she wrote!

Matt - Possibly a he in this case.

Johnny - Huh?

Matt - Never mind, back to the action!

Werner hooks the leg of Beau and the ref quickly drops down to render the count.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner…WERNER WEHRMACT

Last edited by Alex Dillinger on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm

The image shifts to the ring where we see the Uprising Champion Sah'ta Thor standing in the center center of the ring in his ring gear. Around his waist was was the gleaming surface of his title. Next to him was a large black tarp covered object. Frank Finelli steps out from behind it to stand on the other side of the object. Thor smile as he looks up the ramp before speaking.

Sah'ta Thor - Before Isolation I told a press conference that the Empire of blood would be inducting at least one member into its ranks tonight. So I could go on about the event but really I think we need to just get on with it. So without any further ado will the newest member of the Empire of Blood come on out here.

he lights go out and a haunting Native American chant sounds through the arena, a low fog rolls down the entrance stage and ramp surrounding the ring as the first chords of Spirit Horse of the Cherokee blares through the arena.

The trail of tears began for all the Cherokee
The white men came to trade & borrow,
But then they would not leave

Storming Raven slowly walks out onto the stage, completely focused ignoring the crowd's reaction.

Some of us were taken by boat, and died at sea
Those of us who lived were sold to slavery.
We welcomed them as brothers, knowing nothing of
Their greed, born hunters not the hunted
As the white man hunts for me,
We are descendants of the animals
We live among the free

he slowly begins to walk down the ramp with a malevolent smile on his face..

Our trail of tears would end one day at Wounded Knee.
Great Spirit, thunder birds fly, we are wild and free
To fight and die by the open sky, Spirit Horse ride for me

He runs down the rest of the way, and slides in the ring, before getting to his feet. He walks over and glares intimidatingly into his Thor's eyes, seeming to look into his soul.

Matt - Holy Shit what is going on here?

Johnny - I think we were played for fools since it looks like Storming Raven is joining the Empire of Blood

Sah'ta Thor - At Isolation we saw a long postponed war take place. I will be honest that I am actually a bit surprised to have heard from Storming Raven about joining the Empire of Blood. That of course was before I remembered that we are kindred spirits. We are both warriors in the ring and people like us tend to form bonds of brotherhood. Yet, even with that commonality I have to ask you something. Storming Raven are you ready to shed the trappings of your current path of defeat? Are you ready to make the first step on your road to victory? Are you ready to make the needed sacrifice?

Storming Raven: Sacrifice? My entire life has been a sacrifice. So I was born ready.

Storming Raven looks out at the crowd with a smirk.

Storming Raven: I know what you’re all thinking. You’re thinking how could he do this? How could he turn his back on everything he’s ever stood for? It’s simple really. Ever since I stepped foot in IWF, I have felt like an outcast. I tried to be a nice guy, and everyone around me treated me like I had the plague. I only had one real friend in this company, Tim Patrick. Now where was he when I was losing? Did he offer to help me? NO, he belittled me on twitter, told me to get my head out of my ass. I was the same person I always was. He just couldn’t see it. Then Thor came into IWF, someone I have a turbulent past with. The only man who has ever beat me at my own game in this company. Well you know what they say, if you can’t beat them, join them. Everyone treated me like the bad guy. They shunned me from day one. Well it’s time for everyone to see just how bad and ruthless I can really be!

Thor nods slightly and then pulls the tarp down unveiling a claw footed tub. A closer look reveals that the tub is half filled with what appears to be blood.

Matt - Okay this is sick

Johnny - I think I remember seeing something like this years ago.

Sah'ta Thor - So my friend? My brother are you ready to wash away the failures of the past?

Storming Raven: I’ve been in blood baths before, I figure a literal one won’t make much difference. Let’s do this.

Thor nods slightly towards Frank who steps up to Storming Raven's side. Frank nods back and the two members of the Empire of Blood lift the Extreme Warrior up and then working together dunk him to the tub. Once the Storming Raven is submerged the two men step back and Frank grabs something from the edge of the ring. As Storming Raving comes back up out of the blood Thor smiles in pure amusement.

Sah'ta Thor - Rise my brother a warrior renewed.

Storming Raven slowly rises and steps out of the tub Frank turns to show him an open briefcase. Inside was $10,000 and a pair of ground glass shard coated MMA gloves. While he does the bloody skull that had been part of Storming Raven's departure on the last battleground spins on the tron.

Sah'ta Thor - Here is a welcome to the family gift my brother.

Storming Raven goes to one knee and bows his head accepting the brief case. He takes out the MMA gloves and puts them on. He then rises, and raises his left fist in the air.

Storming Raven: Thank you, my brothers. I promise to fight and win by any means necessary for the greater good of the Empire of Blood!

With that the notes to "Villify" by Device begins to echo through the arena. Suddenly the music stops as a masked man comes to stand at the top of the ramp. He stares at the ring intently before shaking his head. He makes as if to charge the ring but instead returns to the back.

Matt - As if this could get any more disturbing.

Johnny - Well it looks as if things are about to get rather interesting in the IWF.

With that the show cuts to a commercial break.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Lebronmeme

Shout out to LeChoke and the NBA Playoffs!

The show comes back on the air with Skyla Vaughn and Libby Marcil standing in the ring. The camera cuts back to the ring as Heather Thompson prepares to announce the next match.

Heather Thompson - The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, in the corner to my left, Libby Marcil!

The crowd is dead silent as Libby warms up in the corner.

Matt – Wow, tough crowd.

Heather Thompson – And the opponent, in the corner to my right, from San Francisco, California, weighing in at 115 pounds... “The Smokeshow” Skyla Vauuuuuugggghhhnnnnn!

Boos from the crowd plus a few cheers and wolf whistles from the men are heard, but Skyla has not taken her eyes off of Libby

“FACK YOU BATCH”
Libby Marcil [vs.] Skyla Vaughn

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Skyla wastes no time as she rushes Libby, forcing her back into the corner, waling on her with punches and elbows.

Matt – Holy shit!

Johnny – Skyla is not wasting time! What viciousness!

The ref threatens to disqualify Skyla, so she grabs Libby by the hair, and tosses her out of the corner by it. As Libby tries to get up, Skyla runs at her and smashes her face into the mat with a huge fame asser!

Matt – What a fame asser! She could have broken Libby's nose with that move!

Johnny – She calls it Smoked Out, Matt, and this match could be over!

Skyla rolls her over before hooking the leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner, “The Smokeshow” Skyla Vaaauughhhnnnnn!

"Money Maker" BY Ludacris ft. Pharrel plays through the arena as Skyla gets her hand raised.

Matt – Skyla DOES NOT fuck around Johnny. That was brutal.

Johnny – Indeed it was Matt. I kinda feel sorry for Libby.

Sklya looks down at Libby and gives her the finger before leaving the ring. The cameras cut away.

Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:19 am

The cameras quickly cut to the back as a limousine rolls into the Honda Center. Pulling into the underground parking structure the driver comes to a stop. Exiting the car the driver opens the door for his passenger. Out steps Rick Christian to a light applause from the crowd. All smiles Rick grabs his briefcase and adjusts his tie.

Matt - Rick Christian is here! He’s in the building!

Johnny - Corey Casey has been fired so what the hell is gonna happen next?

Matt - I’m not sure but I have a feeling that we’ll be finding out shortly.

Rick strolls through acknowledging a few people with waves, head nods and handshakes. Coming up upon Brandon Macdonald talking with a few members of the development roster. Rick points to Brandon and tells him to walk over to him so Brandon does.

Rick Christian
So Brandon…you and I we need to talk…

From around the corner walks Griffin Hawkins to a big pop from the crowd. He smirks looking at Brandon and then back to Rick. With a tape in his hands Griffin begins tapping it against his hands before looking to Brandon.

Griffin Hawkins
Actually Brandon I think we need to talk first. Excuse me a sec Rick, I need just a brief moment with Brandon here.

Rick Christian
Be my guest Griffin…

As Rick steps off to the side Brandon walks over towards Griffin looking down at his hands and the tape in his hand. Brandon’s face glows red and it’s obvious he knows what’s on the tape.

Griffin Hawkins
So since you know…you decided to TRY and screw me over…I’m holding something here that will prove your relationship with Molly and in turn we’ll get to watch the board boot your ass to the streets. However we can stop that. All you need to do is give me a title shot. Give me a title shot and I won’t play this tape. If not then the tape is going public.

Brandon Macdonald
FINE! Just shut the fuck up! Give me the tape and you can have the title shot, I’ll go make it right now.

Griffin Hawkins
Once I’ve heard that I’ve got my match then you’ll get your tape.

Rick had disappeared obviously not waiting on Brandon to finish his conversation with Griffin. Brandon just puts his hand on his forehead and lets it run down his face. Stressing out Brandon turns and leaves away from Griffin.

Johnny - What tape?

Matt - You know it's probably a classic.

Johnny - Well I'm sure it's much more than that but moving on!

Heather Thompson - This next match is scheduled for ONE FALL! Introducing first from the Great Northwoods of Michigan, weighing in at 328lbs he is...COREY BULL!

(The beats of “Something New” by Rev Theory crank through the audio as the lights go dark and the top of the ramp is lit by red lights. Out walks a tall woman with a chain draped over her shoulder, followed by a mountain of a man)

Love to hate, repeating my mistakes
Now theres no one left to listen
No one left to listen
Take a chance, and fuck the consequence
When there’s no one left to listen
No one left to listen

(The Hatebringer Corey Bull and the Voodoo Queen Calypso Laveau raise their arms to the air and cross them in an X when the chorus kicks in)

RIGHT NOW! We’re taking control
Tired of waiting, tired of waiting for something new
RIGHT NOW! We’re taking control
Tired of waiting, tired of waiting for something new

(A large mushroom shaped explosion goes off behind them as Calypso points to the ring and The Hatebringer starts to march with a purpose as she follows behind him)

Twist the knife, and feed the sacrifice
When there’s no one left to listen, no one left to listen
Say goodbye, the king will die tonight
And now everyone will listen, everyone will listen

(As the chorus kicks in again, Bull slides into the ring and stands, ready to fight. Calypso walks around the ring and smiles a smile of pure evil as the match gets ready to start)

Heather Thompson - And his opponent...from your girlfriend's bedroom, weighing in at 235lbs he is...MACHO MESSIAH!

Macho runs to the ring with a full head of steam and slides in wearing a leather jacket. He removes the jacket and paces around the ring loosening up a bit.

Battle of the Brutes
Corey Bull [vs.] Macho Messiah

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

Corey Bull stands tall slowly creepily walking about the ring never taking his cold pale eyes off his prey. Macho cracks a grin letting everyone know that he’s “got this” by throwing a thumbs up. A mixed reaction from the crowd as Macho walks up to Bull standing toe to toe with the monster. Bull snarls and snorts at the Messiah. Growing a pair Messiah shoves Bull in the chest sending Bull stumbling back a bit.

Matt - Machooooo Libr....I mean Macho Ma…Messiah! Whatever! Get em!

Johnny - Look he’s celebrating!

Messiah throws his arm up as Corey Bull gets up from one knee and stares through Messiah who can feel Bull staring him down from behind. Bull rushes towards Messiah like a freight train. Messiah looks like a deer caught in the headlights but somehow he manages to duck in time sending Corey over the top rope.

Johnny - OLE!

Matt - TORO! He looks like Matador Messiah.

Johnny - Gimmick change? I think so.

Messiah runs off the ropes and dives over the top suicide style. Some how Corey Bull manages to spring to his feet. Bull catches Macho in the air and swings him around smashing him against the guardrails. Repeatedly Bull smashes Macho against the barricade. The referee was starting to get close to an eight count so Bull rolls in and then out to restart the count.

Matt - Bull just PUNISHING Messiah now!

Bull tries to whip Messiah towards the barricade but Messiah reverses the whip. Bull is too strong and holds his ground. Macho slides behind Bull taking his back before lifting with power and smashing Bull down with a VICIOUS snap release German suplex. Bull holds onto his back in pain as Macho rolls into the ring.

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-

Matt - Bull is still out and it doesn’t look good for the big man here.

Johnny - Macho is showing he’s not going away without a fight.

-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-

Bull slowly gets to his feet and slides into the ring only to be met by repeated stomps from a now well rested Macho. Stomp after stomp Bull rolls around trying to avoid any more stomps. Macho assists Corey up to his feet by his hair and then starts punching him into the corner. As Bull leans against the turnbuckle Macho hits him with elbow strikes to the face, all the while smiling and glancing at the crowd.

Matt - Macho looking GREAT right here.

Johnny - He needs to stop wasting time.

Macho starts to get confident again and whips Bull against the ropes once more. Bull bounces off and ducks the Messiah attack. He rushes back towards Messiah and Macho quickly tries to respond with a clothesline but misses. Bull grabs Macho and swings him around violently sending him on a downward spiral.

Matt - DOWNWARD SPIRAL!!!!!

Johnny - GAME OOOOVER!

Bull drops down and covers Macho flinging his hair backwards out of the front of his mask. The ref starts the count…

-1-
-2-
-3-

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner…COREY BULL!!!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:28 am

We see Sah'ta Thor in the backstage area sitting on a metal box. He seemed to be deep in thought while he waits the cue to his next set of actions.

Tim Patrick is pacing around backstage. He just witnessed Storming Raven join forces with Sah’ta Thor. He’s unsure of what to think of all of it. He see’s Thor and walks up to him.

Tim Patrick - Hey, new guy. I don’t know what sort of shit you’re trying to pull. Did you put that shit in Raven’s head?

Thor turns to look at Tim with an amused smirk on his lips.

Sah'ta Thor - What shit would that be Tim?

Tim Patrick: That I wasn’t looking out for him. That I was belittling him. That I wasn’t trying to light a fire under his ass. He thinks that I’m not his friend all of the sudden?

Sah'ta Thor - I have no clue where he came up with that notion Tim. I honestly don't spend all my waking hours on Twitter either. IF you have an issue with how he feels about you take it up with him. Now did you have something relevant to ask me? Or did you you just want to accuse me of turning Raven against you?

Thor shifts moving the Uprising Championship off of his shoulder to his lap as he stares at Tim.

Tim Patrick - I don’t know you. I’m not impressed with that piece of tin in your lap. I don’t give a fuck how much money you have or where you’ve been or where you come from. Stay away from me and stay away from people that I consider friends here. Got it?

Sah'ta Thor - Or you will do what Tim? Face it man I AM the future of this company and you can either be at my side or be left a broken body in my wake. The Empire of Blood is here in the IWF and as you saw tonight it is only getting bigger. Raven made his choice and we will see how that pays off for him a bit later tonight. You have a problem with it then do something about it.

Thor hops to his feet and stares into Tim's eyes waiting for the other man to make a move.

Tim Patrick: I’ve taken on the British army, the Northern Ireland police, racist killer loyalist paramilitaries and the biggest and best in Professional Wrestling. I don’t associate with people like you. Stay away from me unless you want to take a long dirt nap.

Tim walks off.

Sah'ta Thor - Do your worst little man.

Thor stands watching Tim walk off with a satisfied smile on his lips.

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Funny-fails-28

We return back to Johnny and Matt on commentary.

Johnny - What the fuck was that!?

Matt - Uhh Johnny we're back on the air.

Johnny - Huh? Oh err welcome back to IWF people, so far it's been a shocking turn of events that we've been having since the opening.

Matt - Yep and now we continue the action as we welcome four newcommers into the fold. I look forward to seeing what these guys can bring to the table.

Camera pans over to Heather for the announcment.

Heather Thompson - Following is a fatal fourway match set for one fall!

"4 words to choke upon" plays as Anothony Dawkins enters wearing a short sleeve jersey and pants to match. He bounces around the ramp before shooting towards the ring and climbs to one of the corners and poses to the crowd who give him mixed reactions. He jumps down and warms up in the corner light on his feet.

Heather Thompson - First from Salt Lake City weighing 212 pounds Anothony Dawkins!

Matt - This guy looks like he could put on a show.

Johnny - He's got the energy for it, let's see if he can transition that into a win tonight.

The lights dim through out the arena as alone spot light hits the entrance ramp as “Man that you Fear” By Marilyn Manson begins blasting on out from the PA sound system, out walks "The Chi-Town Brat" Drake Elite himself from behind the black curtains as two huge turbine engines whirl on the sides of the ramp way, firing fog and white light as he stands at the top of the entrance ramp as various cheers of abhorrence, and disgust from the booing fans can be heard as he looks out into the darkness.

Besides the turbines, the only other lights that are shown are the white lights that shoot up from underneath Elite as he walks. Every footstep he takes, light shines on the ramp way, imitating his every step taken. As Drake slowly walks down to the ring, once at ring side he walks around to the steel steps and walks on up them, before stepping inside the ring he wipes the bottoms of his boots on the side of the ring apron before stepping inside the squared circle and awaiting for his opponent.

Heather Thompson - From Chicago, Illinois weighing 228 pounds Drake Elite!

Matt - It's nice to see so many new faces enter our ever growing company.

Johnny - The future is now Matt, big change is coming and that makes way for new talent to show what they can do.

The lights flicker as a loud gong sounds. The opening notes of "I Like It" by Lacuna Coil begin to play as the flickering stops. From behind the back steps Lu Chen who has head bowed and arms folded in front of her. She starts down the ramp slowly as if she were a Buddhist monk. At halfway down the ramp Lu Chen throws her head up and tosses off the kimono in a theatrical gesture. While the kimono hits ground Lu Chen runs the rest of the way to the ramp and jump slides under the bottom rope. She quickly stands up and walks to the center of the ring where she lifts her arms. She slowly lowers her arms which causes lotus petals to fall over the fans.

Heather Thompson - From Hong Kong, China weighing 127 pounds Kyuubi!

Matt - This girl seems to have a target in her sights in the form of Blyss and her title.

Johnny - Well we've yet to see her in action until now, let's see if she can earn her way into a possable title shot.

Cells by The Servant (Instrumental) plays over the PA system as the supremely arrogant Cap'n Jordan Ginyu makes his way down to the ring. Flanked by a short crew of supporters, he pushes the shades further into his eyes as he smirks, snubbing the fans attempts at scoring a few high fives or pats on the back. After he has escaped the entrance ramp area and jumped up to the apron however, he immediately begins basking in the energy of the boos raining down upon him. He nods his head in approval, egging on the fans to jeer him as he slips between the middle ropes and removes his jacket & shades. Turning to face the referee with an incredulous look on his face, he allows himself to be checked throwing his hands up in frustration, flipping off a heckling fan in the process.

Heather Thompson - And from San Diego, California weighing 215 pounds Jason Ginyu.

Matt - Strange name but I get a feeling this guy is gonna make a name for himself in our industry.

Johnny - Well I hope his skill is much better than his attitude.

Ref checks on all four athletes then calls for the bell.

Show & Prove Elimination
Drake Elliot [vs.] Kyuubi [vs.] Jason Ginyu [vs.] Anthony Dawkins

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Anthony and Jason meet on one side and begin trading blows, Kyuubi runs in towards Drake and leaps in the air, connecting a high jump kick to the chest. Drake stumbles to the ropes and bounces off as Kyuubi leaps up once again nails a picture perfect roundhouse right to the side of the head, the impact can be heard across the arena as Drake falls down with a heavy thud.

Matt - Holy shit this gal got some kicks!

Johnny - She nearly took the man's head off with that roundhouse.

Kyuubi rolls Drake over and makes the pin attempt.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Heather Thompson - Drake Elite has been eliminated.

Johnny - We're barely a minuite in and already there's been an elimination.

Matt - This Kyuubi girl is certianly one to watch.

Kyubbi takes a moment to rest near one of the corners as she studies the battle between Anothny and Jason. Jason ducks a shot from Anothny and throws in a few hooks to the face before whipping him to the ropes, however Anothony reverses it and sends Jason to the ropes, Jason rebounds into a dropkick to the mush that knocks him down. Jason gets to his feet and throws a wild swin at Anothony as he charges in, he ducks under and rebounds off the ropes before leaping up and hitting Jason with a flying shoulder tackle that knocks him to the mat.

Matt - Meanwhile Jason and Anthony are slugging it out.

Johnny - Looks like Kyubbi is biding her time, waiting for the chance to strike.

Jason pulls himself back to his feet and Anthony gribs him by the arm however before he could do anything Jason throws a hard knee to the gut knocking the wind out of him and grabs the back of his head as he slams him straight down into the mat. Jason takes a moment to caress his face where Anthony hit the dropkick and proceeds to stomp a mud hole on him. He then pulls Anthony to his feet and throws a few strikes to the rib cage before he hooks the arm over and throws Anothny back with the suplex. He then rolls over with the cover.

-1-

-2-

Anothny kicks out.

Matt - Two count from the suplex.

Johnny - And Kyuubi is still studying her foes.

Jason gets to his feet and notices Kyuubi still resting near the corner, she then stands up as Jason has a arrogaunt smirk on his mug as the two stare each other down. Jason takes a few steps but backs away when Kyuubi starts throwing her kicks, this allows Anthony to roll Jason up with the schoolboy as Jason backs up to where he is.

-1-

-2-

Jason kicks out.

Matt - Hah Jason almost forgot about Anthony.

Johnny - This is why you need to have eyes in the back of your head in this kind of match, eliminations can happen anywhere.

Both men get to their feet and Kyuubi leaps up and catches Jason on the face with a jump kick, Anothny moves behind Kyuubi and leaps on her shoulders, pulling backwards into a a reverse hurricanrana. She staggers to her feet and eats a dropkick to the chest that knocks her back down. Anothny runs in and makes the cover.

-1-

-2-

Kyuubi kicks out and Jason moves from behind Anothny and flings him over with a german suplex pin.

-1-

-2-

Anonthy kicks out.

Matt - So many pin attempts.

Johnny - Just goes to show that these guys are throwing caution into the wind.

Jason gets to his feet and grabs Kyuubi and whips her to the corner, he grabs Anthony and whips him to the same corner as Kyuubi but she moves out of the way in time, Anthony leaps off the 2nd and 3rd rope and comes in with the Whisper in the wind which causes a surprised Jason right on the temple! Anthony attempts to make the cover but Kyuubi gets behind him and throws him down with the Russian legsweep but then applies a kimura lock.

Matt - Wow some fast pace action and Anthony is in trouble.

Johnny - Jason just got taken out with that Dawkins Effect and now Kyuubi has that Oni Drop locked in tight.

Kyuubi keeps the hold on tight but then Jason recovers and kicks her hard in the ribcage which forces her to let go of the hold. She gets to her feet only to take another hard kick to the gut that doubles her over. Jason takes the window of opportunity and lifts her over and drives her head first into the mat with the Crusher Ball hooking the legs with the inside cradle pin!

-1-

-2-

-3-

Heather Thompson - Kyuubi is eliminated.

Matt - Wow Jason with that Crusher Ball that took out Kyuubi.

Johnny - Can't take anything away from her though, she kicked some major ass in that ring.

Matt - Now we're down to two.

Jason smiles and turns around in time to side Anthony leap and smack him across the face with a head kick. Anthony then rolls him over and makes the pin.

-1-

-2-

Jason kicks out.

Matt - Almost forgot about Anthony again.

Johnny - Jason has been treading a thin line when it comes to forgetting who is still in this match.

Matt - It's the second time now that it nearly cost him.

Anthony pulls Jason to his feet and whips him to the corner, however Jason reverses the momentum and flings Anthony to the corner while chasing after him, Anthony leaps up and springs off the top rope into another Whisper in the wind but Jason stops mid charge and sidesides out of the way causing Anthony to crash and burn.

Johnny - Ouch that will certainly sting.

Matt - Jason had already fell victem to that move once he aint about to have history repeat itself.

Jason takes a moment to taunt the fans by pointing the side of his temple. He then pulls Anthony to his feet, he hooks the nearside leg and arm and flings him over with the Speed Phreak pinning his shoulders to the mat!

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Heather Thompson - Here's your winner, Jason Ginyu!

Matt - Like it or not there is your victor folks.

Johnny - He has promise but then again so did his opponets, Jason was just in a better position to win it here.

Matt - Well he's got the win, for now that's all it matters, props for everyone involed.

Jason is all smiles as he lets the ref holds his hand aloaft in victory. Crowd just jeers him as he shrugs and walks away with a shit eating grin on his face all the time. Camera centers on him for a moment then fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:28 am

We cut backstage to see Brandon Macdonald sitting with Rick Christian who has another what’s becoming a classic trademark smile on his face. His leg folded over the other he stares across Brandon’s desk at him.

Rick Christian
So Brandon now that I’ve finally got a moment with you, I need you to know that you’re…well how do I put this…fired?

The look on Brandon’s face is that of shock and horror. He can’t believe what Rick has just told him. The crowd cheer and boo yet Brandon still has yet to say a word.

Rick Christian
You see Brandon you’ve been acting a little reckless haven’t you? The tape…yeah I saw it. That just made this all easier for everyone really. The vote to remove you was unanimous. Congratulations on getting Corey Casey’d.

Brandon Macdonald
You know I saw this coming really. Gordon Fury, Griffin and of course you and the board…doing what you can to try and get one over on me...

Rick Christian
Let me cut you off right there. This was happening regardless of that TAPE whatever problems you and Griffin have are between the two of you. You can settle that on your own time. But it’ll never be Brandon Macdonald versus Gordon Fury here in IWF. Brandon sorry to say it’ll never happen. Take your ball and go home. You’re set. You’ve got the money, the lavish lifestyle…you don’t need this life anymore. Go enjoy yourself. Let people that are far more competent step into place. I fully expect that you see yourself removed before I’m forced to call security.

With that Rick Christian gets up from his seat and extends his hand for Brandon to shake. Brandon cracks a grin and grabs onto Rick’s hand squeezing it tightly practically crushing Rick’s hand. Wincing in pain Rick tries to pull his hand away but Brandon pulls him in closely and whispers to him something not audible. Releasing him Brandon watches as Rick stumbles backwards shaking his hand off.

Rick Christian
Like I said, I fully expect for you to REMOVE yourself from the arena tonight. Take care…

Turning away from Brandon Rick leaves the scene in a hurry while Brandon stands there frustrated looking down at his desk.

Matt - Brandon Macdonald has been fired!

Johnny - I can’t believe what’s going on. This is becoming crazy.

Heather Thompson - This next match is scheduled for one fall...Introducing first, from Hollywood California weighing in at 230lbs...HE IS...JACK SAVAGE!

The light's in the arena slowly dim and then they go completely out and the sound of static is heard coming from the speakers. A spotlight shines down on the entrance ramp.

I'm just a thorn in your side, the disrespect in your eye
I can't control myself
I'm like a snake in your drain, I'm takin' over your brain
Cause I can't help myself

Howard Harvard steeps out on stage wearing a suit turns around points to the curtain as Jack Savage and Kelly Savage emerge from behind it. As Jack droops down to one knee Kelly stands to his right side and runs her hands up down body.

Every time I turn my head I can hear everything that's said
I know they wish I'd go away

Then Noah Philips quickly steeps out on to the stage he is wearing a suit and holding a silver Halliburton briefcase he stands behind Jack and Kelly and nods his head.

Here I am again, hey now, hey now
I'm the mutherfucker of the year
Here I am again, hey how, hey now

Howard slowly leads the group down to the ring as Jack looks at the fans with a look of hatred in his eyes. They all stop as the reach the end of the ramp and Kelly once again runs her had up and down Jack's body .

Call me the jackal in heat, the blackest cat on the street
You better watch yourself
A hand grenade with no pin, a razor blade goin' in
I'm goin' straight to hell

They all keep standing tight where they are and Jack laughs as looks around to all the fans .A smile slowly creeps across his he looks at his wife. Noah and Howard walk around the couple and both enter the ring.

Every time I turn my head I can hear everything that's said
I know they wish I'd going away

Jack and Kelly both slowly make there way over to the steeps. Jack lets Kelly goes up the steeps first and is fallowed closely by Jack the stop again as they reach the top of the stairs. Kelly walks over and bends over right in front of Jack. She slowly enters the ring as Jack looks around at all of the fans.

I'm the mutherfuckeher of the year

Jack kiss his wife passionately on the lips and then he himself enters the ring. He walks over to the turnbuckles and claims the one that is closest to the entrance ramp and points to himself.

I'm the murherfucker of the year

Jack stands on the turnbuckle and keeps point to him self as the lights go back on.

Heather Thompson - Introducing his opponent from San Diego California weighing in at 220lbs he is....STEEL ANGEL!

The lights fade out as the sound of a bell tower rings throughout the arena, a few more moments fly by before...

"Unleash the warrior within!"

Pyro sets off from both sides on the entrance ramp in the form of a pair of angel wings with the words "Heaven's Gladiator" appearing in crystal blue letters on the titantron. A single platform can be seen being lowered at the ramp revealing Steel Angel and Marley Jones standing at the center. Steel Angel is wearing a white and blue warrior tunic with angel designs decorated on the back and a gold cross shape tapestry on the front. Marley is wearing a light blue warrior tunic with feathers decorated on it and long leather boots. Steel's long black hair flows in the air as he stares at the crowd before him.

They fall in line, one at a time
Ready to play
(I can't see them anyway)
No time to lose, we've got to move
Steady your helm
(I am losing sight again)

Steel Angel and Marley jump off the platform and they both bow before fans as they shower them in cheers. Steel Angel then walks slowly towards the ring every step with purpose, every movement loose and flowing while Marley holds his arm following his every move.

Fire your guns
It's time to run
Blow me away
(I will stay, in the mess I made)

After the fall
We'll shake it off
Show me the way

Steel Angel then stops at the end of the ramp where he brings his hands together with the middle and index fingers joining together pointing straight out with the other fingers curled together overlapping one another. He then moves
his hands while in this symbol up, down, left and then right in the form of a cross before bringing both middle and index fingers to his lips and kisses them. He then separates his hands as he points to the sky unleashing blue pyro from the entrance ramp.

Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to heaven, when we die
I am the shadow on the wall
I'll be the one to save us all

Steel Angel then walks around the ring slapping high fives with some of the fans before climbing through the second rope and enters the ring. Marley walks to one side and claps with the fans as she watches him.

There's nothing left, so save your breath
Lying in wait
(Caught inside this tidal wave)
Your cover's blown, no where to go
Holding your fate
(Loaded I will walk alone)

He smiles as looks around the ring, he then poses which causes the fans to cheer some more.

Fire your guns
It's time to run
Blow me away
(I will stay, in the mess I made)

He then removes the tunic and takes it off showing his ripped features to the ladies in attendance some of whom scream in delight before he hands it to Marley. He is also wearing gold karate style pants with white flame like designs on the ankles and the words "Steel Angel" written in black latin like writing on the sides.

After the fall
We'll shake it off
Show me the way

He then moves to the center of the ring and forms the same hand gesture he did at the end of the entrance ramp. This time as he ends the gesture by pointing to the sky that white pyro erupts from the corners.

Only the strongest will survive
Lead me to heaven, when we die
I am the shadow on the wall
I'll be the one to save us all

Wanted it back
(Don't fight me now!)

He then tilts his head from side to side and he gets ready for his match.

You Want it You Got it
Jack Savage [vs.] Steel Angel

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

The two men circle about the ring eyeballing one another awaiting the other to make the first move. Both being hesitant they attempt to lock up three times only to back off after each attempt. Jack Savage slides through Steel’s legs and dropkicks him from behind causing Steel to crash down to the mat. Jack with quickness is already hooking Steel’s arm behind his back putting pressure on Steel’s spine with his knee.

Johnny - Savage showing an impressive wrist lock here. Wrenching down hard.

Matt - Steel is close to the ropes though he has options here.

Steel uses his free arm to flip Savage over with a snapmare. Savage is on his back as Steel begins to rain down punches on his opponent. Savage blocks as much as he can but Steel breaks through his guard. The referee steps in to break up the action as Savage’s legs slide under the ropes.

Johnny - Excellent counter by Steel!

Matt - So I gotta ask you Johnny, what do you think is going on tonight and who do you think the board has chosen to lead IWF into a new era?

Johnny - Your guess is as good as mine I mean maybe we could see the return of a former general manager like Jason Hawk!

Still working on Savage in the ring Steel lifts him up and sends him into the ropes. Savage comes thundering back with a forearm smash to the face of Steel. Savage isn’t going to give in that easy yet. Running the ropes Savage knocks Steel down again this time with a HUGE dropkick.

Matt - FLYING SAVAGE!

Johnny - Savage with the nice hang time.

Quickly making a cover Savage dives on top of Steel and hooks his leg as the ref slides in to make the count…

- 1 -

- 2 -

KICK OUT!

Savage shakes his head as Steel kicks out. Using Steel’s hair Savage hoists up his opponent and uppercuts him sending him staggering back as the crowd OH’s. Savage chops Steel’s chest sending him tumbling backwards against the ropes. Chop after chop Steel’s chest begins to redden. Savage pushes Steel towards the corner and starts to chop again. This time Steel is wise to Savage’s attack and slips out through the middle rope in an incredibly athletic maneuver. Slithering like a snake Steel kicks Savage in the face with one fluid movement.

Matt - FUCKING INCREDIBLE!

Johnny - Steel Angel, he never ceases to amaze me in that ring.

As Savage stumbles backwards Steel leaps up onto the top rope and flies off much to the delight of the crowd. He hooks his ankles around the neck of Savage flipping him over. Steel executes the picture perfect hurricanrana and dives to make the cover.

- 1 -

- 2 -

- 3 -

KICK OUT!

Savage barely kicks out and Steel decides that the time has come to call this match OVER. He picks up Savage bringing him to his feet and signals for it…

Matt - Final Judgment…

Johnny - I think so!

Steel leaps off the top rope holding onto Savage and lands the Final Judgment perfectly, hooking Savage’s leg for the pin as the ref makes the count once more.

Matt - That’s all SHE WROTE!

- 1 -

- 2 -

- 3 -

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner…STEEL ANGEL!!!!

Matt - Nice showing by Steel here tonight, Savage did what he could but Steel proved to be just too much for him.

Johnny - It is what it is…
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 am

The camera cuts to Blyss Lockhart knocking on a locker room door. She looks down as she waits, shifting her body weight from one foot to the other. The door opens from the other side, and standing there is Gordon Fury in a towel.

Gordon Fury
Oh hey Blyss, didn't expect to see you here before the match. Come in.

Gordon steps aside so she can enter. Blyss walks in without so much of a glance at him. Her face looks slightly distracted.

Blyss Lockhart
Hey… I don't know why I'm here. I just... wanna wish you good luck, I guess? Sorry I didn't reply your text or that tweet you sent yesterday. I read it but yeah... I don't know.

A concerned look crosses Gordon's face.

Gordon Fury
Blyss, what's wrong? You must have come here for more than to just wish me luck, and it's not like you to ignore social media.

Gordon casually drops his towel, but Blyss is the only person who gets an eyeful of the goods, as he reaches over and puts his underpants on, before going to fetch his wrestling pants. Blyss notices the towel on the floor and looks up, smiling.

Blyss Lockhart
Damn, boy. Did I just miss that greeting at the door?

Blyss laughs but only for a short moment. The serious expression on her face returns.

Blyss Lockhart
Nah… Nothing's really wrong. I just didn't know if I should come by here since we're booked against each other tonight. I'm surprised you'd even let me in. I was just testing my luck if you wanted to see me or not.

GordonFury
Oh come on Blyss, that's crazy talk.

Gordon puts his pants on before grabbing his tape and sitting down.

Gordon Fury
Just because we are opponents doesn't mean I don't want to see you. I am still getting dressed after all, I don't gameplan till later.

Gordon give her a reassuring smile.

Gordon Fury
The Gordon you know and love is still here, the other guy comes out later. I am happy to see you. And for the record...

Gordon looks down at his crotch before back up at Blyss, a grin on his face.

Gordon Fury
HE was happy to see you too, but unfortunately, you missed it.

Blyss giggles and shakes her head, amused. She pulls up a chair in front of him and sits.

Blyss Lockhart
Yeah I guess I'm just being silly. Sorry. I didn't sleep all that well last night. Glad I get to catch you before later then. I know we made that promise that whatever happens in that ring, it stays in there but I'm not gonna lie, Gordo.

Blyss leans forward and takes both of his hands as she looks at him with her eyebrows knitted together.

Blyss Lockhart
I'm very worried. So I hope to see you afterwards, after the show at least? The Gordon who also never fails to make me laugh?

Gordon Fury
Worried for whose sake? Are you worried about what you are going to do to me?

Gordon lowers his head.

Gordon Fury: Or what I am going to do to you?

Blyss hesitates.

Blyss Lockhart
...Both.

Blyss sighs, staring at his hand clasped with hers.

Blyss Lockhart
What if something bad happens? If it's you, I'll keep my promise. But if it were me... I don't know if I can live with that. I-- I don't know, Gordon.

Gordon Fury
Blyss, listen to me. NOTHING bad is going to happen. We are going to go out there and put on the greatest match these people have ever seen. We are going to throw everything we have at each other, and no matter who wins, we leave together. That is what matters.

Blyss smiles weakly and nods as she kisses him before pulling away almost as quickly. Then she stands and hurries to the door of the locker room, but Gordon grabs her arm before she leaves.

Gordon Fury
Blyss wait.

He stands up and walks to the door, opening it for her, a smile on his face. She lets out a giggle before walking out the door. Gordon watches her go, before reentering his lockroom. However the camera stays outside, as from an adjacent hallway, staring at Gordon's locker room, is a man wearing a black leather jacket and a black mask.

Matt – Umm, who the fuck is that?

Johnny – I honestly have no idea Matt, but it seemed like he was watching Gordon.

The masked man walks out of shot as the cameras cut away.

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Tumblr_mnoyh3eJvJ1qdrfj3o1_250Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Tumblr_mnoyh3eJvJ1qdrfj3o2_250
Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Tumblr_mnoyh3eJvJ1qdrfj3o3_250Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Tumblr_mnoyh3eJvJ1qdrfj3o4_250

Fandango had a super duper weekend did you? IWF hopes so!

Heather Thompson - This match is scheduled for one fall and is a mixed tag team match! Introducing first from Santa Carla California weighing in at 220lbs he is ROLAND DRAAAAX!!!

Roland Drax somberly steps out onto the entrance stage wearing a hoodie, both arms extended, & the hood pulled up hiding most of his face. Roland takes a knee at the top of the ramp & hangs his head. He takes his left hand & glides it across the stage in a ceremonial manner. After a few brief moments Drax then abruptly pulls down his hood. He beats his chest wildly & screams at the top of his lungs then marches down the ramp. Roland Drax stops at the end allowing the camera to pan around him. Drax throws a assortment of mixed martial arts strikes as the camera does so. Roland smirks, yells “Full Speed Ahead!”, & heads up the steps. He stands proudly on the middle turnbuckle, unzips his hoodie, & raises both fists in the air. Roland Drax then leaps inside the ring. He wanders over to his respective corner & removes the hoodie, Roland tosses it outside the ring. Drax then takes a seat in the corner leaning up against the turnbuckles. He proceeds to wait there until the bell sounds & the contest is underway.

Heather Thompson - Introducing his partner!!! From Harlan Kentucky weighing in at 115lbs she is...NIKITA LUUUUCK!!!

The screen lights up with images of Nikita 'Lady' Luck as 'You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive' blares into the arena. Sparkling candy pink and sweet silver lights bathe the entrance.

In the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky
That's the place where I trace my bloodline
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You will never leave Harlan alive

Nikita skips through the curtain dropping her head back and throwing her arms out to her sides to open her hoody as she takes in the reaction from the crowd. Grinning from ear to ear, she skips her way down the steps and towards the ring. Nikita slides in under the bottom rope, sitting up on her knees and raising an arm up to happily acknowledge her fans. With the use of the ropes, she pulls herself up to her feet and skips around the ring, clapping and waving to the fans on every side.

Heather Thompson - And their opponents...introducing first...from Windsor, Ontario, Canada weighing in at 225lbs he is ARIES ARRRRRMMMAAAADAIST!!!!

As the odd tunes of I Am The Walrus ignites over the P.A. system, the audience instantly begins to throw a fit. Their jeers only grow louder as Aries makes his grand entrance from behind the curtain, arms spread wide open for the world to take in his glory. He pauses at the top of the stage for a moment, his head bobbing back and forth as he inaudibly shouts to no body but himself before finally taking off toward the ring. Making a point to mostly ignore the sea of booing fans, Aries suddenly cocks his fist back and bolts toward the one fan who happens to get their out stretched hand the closest to him, pointing and cackling at their humiliation as the jump back at his sudden movements. Once he finally swaggered his way to the ring, Aries wastes no time in entering and taking the center of the squared circle, managing to incite more anger out of the audience as he goes to raise his fist triumphantly into the air, only to stop half way and slap his bicep with his opposite hand, giving the fans the "shove it" gesture before retreating back into his corner.

Heather Thompson - And his partner from Seattle Washington...weighing in at 126lbs...MEGAN ANDREWS!!!

"Animals" by Nickleback starts plays, and the crowd stars booing. As they continue to boo, a single purple light glides to the middle of the entrance stage, sitting there as the chorus starts playing over the speakers. Once the chorus starts, Megan pushes the curtain away and walks onto the stage, smirking as she stands in the center of the purple spotlight. She leans forward, bending at her waist as she blows a kiss to everyone in the crowd, smirking as she straightens up and they continue to boo her. She begins to sashay down the entrance ramp, the smirk staying on her face as she got closer and closer to the ring. Upon reaching the ring, Megan hops onto the ring apron and does a bit of light bouncing, getting herself psyched up a bit before stepping between the middle and top ropes, standing there for a moment to shake her ass before straightening up in the ring. As she walks around the ring with her arms raised in the air, Megan can be heard shouting, "I'm the Burning Star, bitches!" at the fans as they continue to boo her.

Mixed Tag Team Action
Roland Drax & Nikita Luck [vs.] Aries Armadaist & Megan Andrews

[Ding, Ding, Ding]

First in is Megan and Nikita who lock up and begin to fight. Megan gains the advantage and pushes Nikita backwards against the ropes. She throws her against the ropes and Nikita comes charging back taking Megan down with a double leg take down. She starts to punch Megan repeatedly but Megan some how escapes her grasp and is quick to tag in Aries. Looking down at her Aries seems confused.

Matt - Wow that was fast…

Johnny - Megan didn’t seem to care much as long as her face wasn’t getting beaten anymore.

Matt - I’d beat her face with my…

Johnny - Looks like the two partners are talking strategy here.

Megan is talking to Aries in the corner. The two of them are seemingly working on strategy. Megan starts to get loud and tugs at Aries’ arm telling him he should be a man and fight first. Roland and Nikita look on and shrug. Aries hops in and stares down Megan as Roland quickly runs at Aries who escapes and starts to work his jab punching away at the face of Roland. Roland’s head snaps with each sharp crisp jab. Aries then puts Roland DOWN with a HUGE clothesline.

Matt - DOWN GOES ROLAND!

The crowd boos as Aries shrugs it off and stomps away at Roland. Roland rolls away as the ref pulls Aries off of him. Despite some protest Aries stops the stomping. He lifts up Roland and chops him across the chest as the crowd WOOOO’s loudly. Just as it looked like Aries was going to chop again when the crowd got into it he decided against it giving them the finger.

Matt - Aries says hey crowd, have this and a smile.

Johnny - Disrespectful as usual…

Megan continues to nag Aries in the ear telling him to pick up the pace and hurry it up. She yells and screams at him to finish it off. Aries looks like he could explode at any moment.

Matt - Megan approves…

Johnny - Her voice is annoying.

Megan’s mouth is inches from Aries ear and he just loses it. Screaming Aries turns and runs towards Roland ROCKING him in the face with The P.O.K.E!

Matt - HOLY SHIT!

Johnny - HE KILLED HIM!

Roland drops to the mat practically crippled by the right hand of Aries. Just as Aries looks as if he’s going to walk over and pin his opponent he turns his attention back to Megan and walks towards her. Walking right up to her he pie faces her hard knocking her off the apron. Aries essentially tags Megan in.

Matt - I think that was a tag?

Johnny - Yeah perfectly legal tag there and good thing too she was driving me insane.

Aries climbs out of the ring and says “FUCK THIS” as he strolls to the back leaving Megan high and dry. Roland is to his feet and waits for Megan to get back in the ring. She gets in the ring and throws her arms up at Aries who walks through the back curtain. As she turns around she gets an OGRE for her troubles!

Matt - That’s it! Done deal, wrap it up like she’s a dirty girl if you catch my drfit!

Johnny - Roland makes the cover here!

- 1 -

- 2 -

- 3 -

Heather Thompson - Here are your winners…ROLAND DRAX AND NIKITA LUCK!!!!!

Matt - Well Aries couldn’t handle the yelling and he said oh well I don’t give a shit about the match I’m going home.

Johnny - Pretty much Matt, pretty much…everyone thanks you for the Cliffnotes.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:55 am

Heather Thomson: The following triple threat match is scheduled for one fall.

All the lights in the arena go out, save one green spotlight aimed down at the middle of the stage.

So I'm outside of da club and you think I'm a punk
So I go to my loaded tech nine that's off in the trunk
I told that motherfucker, I ain't never scared (Eastside)
I ain't never scared (Westside)
I ain't never scared (Southside)

Parker rips the curtain to the side and steps out on to the stage. He stops for a moment in the spotlight and surveys the audience and their reaction to his presence.

I ain't never scared(Northside)
I ain't never scared(Southside)
I ain't never scared(Eastside)
I ain't never scared(Westside)

The shade of green that had painted the stage lights the sides of the entrance ramp as Parker starts to head down to the ring. Some of the fans taunt him as he walks down the ramp, while others hold out their hands for Parker to slap. Both groups of people get ignored as Parker has only the ring in his sight.

Who am I? Bone Crusher, motherfucker
AttenCHUN! Where my soldiers motherfucker?
I guess the fight is on, me and you nigga
And you, wha? And you, wha? And you, wha? Nigga

As he reaches ringside Parker turns towards the ring steps to his left and heads up them at a brisk pace. Upon reaching the apron he stops and looks out into the crowd again, possibly reading all of the signs being waved around by the fans.

I ain't scared of you bitches, I'll put yo' brain in stitches
This remix for real niggaz who get money to trenches
Check my resume nigga, I got that one hitta quitta
And yo' boys ready to flee like, why'd you fuck with that nigga?

Parker steps over the middle rope and ducks under the top rope, stepping into the ring. As he steps to the center of the ring he tilts his head to the side and cracks his neck before staring up the entrance ramp waiting for tonight's victim.

Heather Thompson - Introducing first from Winston-Salem, NC....Parker Wayde!

The lights go out and a haunting Native American chant sounds through the arena, a low fog rolls down the entrance stage and ramp surrounding the ring. Then the opening chords of "Spirit Horse of the Cherokee" blares through the arena

The trail of tears began for all the Cherokee
The white men came to trade & borrow,
But then they would not leave

Storming Raven slowly walks out onto the stage, completely focused ignoring the crowd's reaction. He stands at the top of the entrance stage glaring at his opponent.

Some of us were taken by boat, and died at sea
Those of us who lived were sold to slavery.
We welcomed them as brothers, knowing nothing of
Their greed, born hunters not the hunted
As the white man hunts for me,
We are descendants of the animals
We live among the free

he slowly begins to walk down the ramp.

Our trail of tears would end one day at Wounded Knee.
Great Spirit, thunder birds fly, we are wild and free
To fight and die by the open sky, Spirit Horse ride for me

He runs down the rest of the way, and slides in the ring, before getting to his feet. He walks over and glares intimidatingly into his opponents eye, seeming to look into his soul.

Heather Thompson - His opponent from Laredo, TX....Storming Raven!

“I’m a mess
That's the best way to describe it
Having no time to myself is the only way I can fight it
When I'm alone it's like I'm staring into a mirror
Don't know the person inside it and that's never been any clearer.”

Alex exploded out from behind the curtain arms swung out wide to his sides, a cocky grin spread across his face. His head bobbing slightly with a slight bounce as he takes a few slow dramatic steps forward, his arms slowly lowering to himself, the grin slowly fading into a smug look upon his face. Placing his hands on his hips he stood at the top of the ramp, and gazed over the popping crowd, the boos and remarks towards him causing a cocky anger to blaze across his eyes.

“I miss your family and I miss all our friends
If you had it to do over would you do it over again,
Cause I would, this meant something more to me
There's a hole in my heart where you used to be
I still wish you the best of luck, baby
And don't go thinking this was a waste of time
I couldn't forget you if I tried”

Raven would jog into the face of the crowd on the left side of the ramp, snarling and growling into the faces of the crowd, slapping hands down and back, and allowing saliva to spew from his mouth, spittle flying from his mouth as nods his head up and down roughly, bouncing as he goes down the length of the left side of the aisle, running over to right side and doing the same, before collapsing down onto his knees in the middle of the ramp, stretching his arms to the roof.

“You killed what was left of the good in me
I'm tired so let me be broken
Look down at the mess that's in front of me
No other words need be spoken
And I've got nobody else to blame though I tried
Kept all of our past mistakes held inside
I’ll live with regret for my whole life”

Alex clutched at his chest and flicked his head back. He then moved to place his hands on his head, rubbing the back of skull over and over, breathing out heavily, his chest raising and dropping with each heavy exaggerated breath. As soon as the word ‘no’ escapes the speakers he thrusts himself onto his feet and sprints at the ring, sliding under the bottom rope and into the ring, rolling up onto his feet, swinging his arms out to the side. The cocky, angry grin spreads across his lips.

“I confess that I brought this all on myself
Condemned to suffer alone, like there's nobody else
When you're gone, it's like a whole part of me’s missing
So I'll keep living the lie and just hope that you're listening
I tried to make us a life here
But our foundation was built on sand
No time to run until the damage was done
And I’ve never had the upper hand”

Raven would leap up onto the top right turnbuckle and looking over the crowd, grinning brightly shaking his head a little. Falling off the turnbuckle he bounced on his feet a few times as the music begins to fade away.

Heather Thompson - And their opponent....from Salem, OR......Alexander Raven!

Momentum Builder
Parker Wayde [vs.] Storming Raven [vs.] Alexander Raven

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The match starts with sound of the bell and all three men start to move. The trio quickly lock up in the center of the ring each trying to get the advantage. Suddenly, Parker and Alexander turn on Storming in a double team maneuver. The move toss Raven over the ropes where Storming hits with a hollow thud.

Matt - Parker and Alexander showing a bit of teamwork there.

Johnny - Though you have to remember every man is for himself.

As is to prove the point Alexander turns on Parker sending him to the mat with a brutal sidewalk slam. Alexander goes down to get a pin but Parker tosse him aside with a quickness. Both men get up and begin a slugfest with each man trying to wear the other down. Parker suddenly moves forward catching Alexander in a release German suplex. As Alexander hits the mat Parker goes in for a pin attempt.

-1-

Johnny - Parker looking to rebound after his Isolation loss.

Matt - That he is.

Before Parker can lock the leg to cinch in the pin Alexander kicks out. On the outside of the ring Storming Raven slowly stirs getting back up. Parker pulls Alexander to his feet then tries to hit an Alabama Slam but it is countered with an impressive powerbomb. Parker thuds into the mat and we have another pin attempt.

-1-

The pin is suddenly broken up by a big boot to Alexander Raven's back by Storming Raven who had finally gotten back into the match. Storming grabs Alexander by his neck and lifts him up to his feet. This is followed up by an Irish whip into the corner. Storming rushes forward with a clothesline but Alexander moves out of the way causing Storming's arm to hit the ring post. Alexander tosses the newest member of the Empire of Blood member back out of the ring.

Matt - Thanks for coming Storming don't forget to write.

Johnny - Don't forget that Parker is still in this thing.

Alexander turns back towards the center of the ring just as Parker lifts up in what is now a belly to belly suplex. Parker tosses Alexander over his head sending flying away from the ropes. Parker goes down for a pin and starts to lock in a triangle choke submission.

Matt - Will we see a tap out here?

Johnny - I don't we will just yet.

Parker tightens the hold while he is fights to keep Alexander away from the ropes. By this time Raven had once again gotten back into the ring and now breaks up the hold with a flying crossbody. This cause all three men to be left in the center of the ring for a few seconds. Each one being slightly stunned from the impact.

Johnny - First man back their feet could get a much needed advantage.

Matt - You have that right Johnny.

All three men get to their feet at about the same time. Storming goes after Parker who counters by dragon suplexing him to the mat. Alexander hits Parker with a running knee to the back followed by an Irish whip into the corner. Storming manages backup to his feet and is grabbed by Alexander who uses the Pride of the Cherokee Nation as a projectile weapon by throwing him into Parker. As Storming hits Parker there is a thud that is quickly followed up by Alexander football tackling both men into the post.

Matt - That looked like it hurt.

Johnny - No doubt about that.

Alexander grabs Storming and pulls him out into the ring where he slams him into the ring with a Gorilla Press Slam. The move is followed up by an attempt at locking in a camel clutch sleep hold. Storming struggles a bit as the hold is applied but Parker breaks it up with a double Axe Handle to Alexander's back. Storming uses this power out of the hold which causes a quick threeway brawl in the center of the ring.

Johnny - Well that sure picked up.

Matt - This could be anyone's match.

In another double team scenario Parker and Storming focus on getting Alexander out action. The double team toss him out of the ring then lock up with each other. Neither man can seem to get the advantage so they step apart for a minute to get a breathe. Storming moves closer again and tries to hit a snap suplex but Parker reverse it into an Instant Impact. Parker goes for the pin as Alexander slowly gets up on the outside of the ring.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Heather Thompson: And your winner.... Parker Wayde!

In the ring Parker has his hand raised in victory as both Storming and Alexander show their disappointment at losing. Parker makes his way to the back as does Storming and Alexander.

Matt - Parker Wayde back on the winning end of things!

Johnny - Momentum builder? I think so!

With the ring emptied out the cameras cut to the back.

Rick Christian is walking around backstage and greets a few people on his way out to the ring. As he steps foot onto the ramp he’s addressed from the crowd with a mixed reaction, some happy with the departure of Corey Casey and others just booing because he’s another guy in a suit. Needless to say Rick remains a professional and heads down the ramp into the ring.

Matt - Well I guess this is it huh?

Johnny - A long run to say the least Matt. Now let’s hear from Rick and see what the future holds.

Matt - I’m not sure what he’s got planned. The rumors have been flying all over the place from investors to former faces to legends in the business. No one knows except for the board and that man right there in the ring…Rick Christian.

As Christian steps into the ring he’s handed a microphone by Heather Thompson who he smiles at and nods his head. The crowd begins to settle down as Rick begins to speak.

Rick Christian
Thank you, thank you for your patience ladies and gentlemen. Tonight I have come here not to rain on the parade of Brandon Macdonald and watch as he disappears from the IWF like Corey Casey…no I’m out here to announce the restructuring of the company. You see now with Corey Casey seemingly out of the picture there is a need for a new Chairman…the board has voted and decided on someone.

Matt - Just tell us already!

Rick Christian
We wanted someone that could take IWF to the next level. Someone that could spark a revolution of sorts and bring TRUE meaning to the name Insurgency…we all believe we’ve found that man. His drive is unmatchable and his determination to find resolution wherever the obstacles seem insurmountable… I do believe that he can be that man. Ladies and gentlemen without further ado…I present to you the future of IWF in more ways than one, Corey Casey tried to get rid of him but he’s got the last laugh now…

The lights in the arena, one by one slowly fade off until the entire arena sits pitch black. A buzz falls over the crowd as we sit there...waiting. Finally the lights along the tron pulsate as words begin to be spoken.

Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour.
You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything.
And to understand is to transform what is.

“Diamond” by Stick To Your Guns blares with every pulse of the song's intro, a series of bright blinding white lights flash in time. Violently, the song’s pulsating intro kicks into the hammering of guitars as wind and smoke chaotically collect, swirl and clash on the entrance stage until it engulfs the entire stage whole.

I know that what's in front of me is a reflection of what is inside of me
I see that I need to be myself because it's so lonely in the eyes of someone else
I feel
Oh I feel
Ya I feel and I always will

Every light in the arena slowly fade off except the red “exit” signs. The energy of the crowd is amazing. The lights flicker off, as the strobe lights continue to flicker throughout the arena.

I starve to leave fee from fear
To free myself, before I disappear
I am forever more than just surviving
This is my life and this life is my diamond
My time,
Your time,
Our time is running out

Dillinger walks out onto the ramp to an EXPLOSION from the crowd who are on their feet and going absolutely APE SHIT. Standing at the foot all smiles Dillinger struts down the ramp with help of a crutch. Slapping hands with fans the camera flashes continue to pop.

Matt - ALEX DILLINGER!

Johnny - THE NEW CHAIRMAN!!!!!!

Entering the ring Dillinger shakes the hand of Rick and smiles even bigger. Rick hands the microphone over to Alex as he opens up his briefcase. Pulling out a clipboard he hands it to Dillinger along with a pen.

Matt - Are they?

Johnny - Looks like they’re signing the documents right here and right now!? It’s really becoming official this is awesome news for IWF!

Dillinger scans over the papers and signs at the bottom three times preceding to hand it back to Rick. Once the documents are signed Rick packs his things back up, shakes the hand of Alex once more and exits the ring back up the ramp and into the back. Always a professional Rick allows Dillinger his moment as the crowd begins to chant.

“WE STILL BELIEVE”

Cracking another grin Dillinger puts the microphone back up to his mouth and begins to speak.

Alex Dillinger
You know I didn’t expect this at all. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited as all hell to be doing this. Making this company great has always been something I’ve wanted to accomplish. Now I get the chance to do so first hand. I mean what more could a guy ask for? Sure as heartbroken as I was moments ago when I said goodbye to each and every single one of you I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am about the future and what it holds for IWF. Give me some time because greatness takes time but I promise you that in the end it’ll all be worth it. I’ve got some things to do and I know I’m going to have to talk to a lot of the guys and girls in the back see where everyone’s heads are at etcetera. One thing I know is that IWF is about to go through the Revolutionary period and I’m taking this place by storm, put it on my back and work harder than anyone has every worked for this company before. My body may not be able to handle the sport anymore but my mind will always be there.

The new era of IWF is upon us and the future is bright. Buckle up and enjoy the ride cause I sure as hell plan on doing so. No more bullshit where if you kiss my ass you’ll get that shot…fuck that. It’s time people learned what it’s like to EARN your stripes. We’ve got some young talent and I’ve got a ton of wisdom to offer. This thing can go one of two way. Either it’ll be the greatest journey for both IWF and myself or it’ll be a disastrous partnership ending in a violent death. No matter what I’m here and I’m not going anywhere.

Thank you all and I won’t let you down. Follow me into the future. IWF is about to get a face-lift. You’ve all been put on notice…fuckin impress me.

With that Dillinger pounds his chest a couple times and his music hits over the PA system once more. He heads out of the ring slapping hands and signing autographs.

Matt - Well it's obvious that Alex has gotten the last laugh against Corey Casey. I have faith that Alex Dillinger will do this company proud.

Johnny - He's turned himself into a class act and a true businessman. He's not only a pioneer but the guy is extremely intelligent despite his upbringing. I think this was an excellent choice.

Matt and Johnny wrap up their thoughts on Dillinger being the new chairman as we cut to commercial.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:17 am

The show returns with a shot of Heather Thompson standing in the ring, with a microphone in hand. She looks up at the crowd.

Heather Thompson – Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is set for one-fall and it is a champion vs champion showdown! Please note that neither title is on the line, only the ultimate bragging rights…now…introducing first…

What Do You Say by Mickey Avalon begins to play through the P.A System as Sheyanne comes out of the curtains with her hands raised. She cheers herself out loud ignoring the mixed reaction as she jogs down the ring in excitement, waving her arms in the air. She slides into the ring and quickly jumps towards one of the turnbuckles, getting to the very top only to wave her arms again and cheer out loud, she jumps off the turnbuckle and begins to run across the ring, bouncing off the turnbuckles warming herself up.

Heather Thompson – Fighting out of Brooklyn New York…weighing one hundred twenty pounds…she is the current IWF High Impact Champion…Sheyanne Successful!

The opening riff to "Let it Die" by Ozzy Osbourne echoes through the arena's speaker system as the lights dim. A few seconds pass before a golden light focuses on the top of the ramp. Standing there is a regal looking Sah'ta Thor who is wearing a white furred red satin kingly mantle with a matching crown (ala Lawler). In his right hand is a royal scepter studded with gems. The light takes on a reddish tinge as four women (Melfina, Briandea, Paige, and Colliette) dressed in varying colored corsets come out from the back and surround him. As the the lyrics start up the group starts down the ramp as the women dance around him. Once at the ring Thor hands the crown and scepter to the women before shrugging off the royal robes. Thor is now revealed to be standing in a pair of black jeans and a red t-shirt with a golden pattern of the Seven Deadly Sins with the words Sin Incarnate in white. He pulls off his shirt revealing his scarred toned muscular upper body. He turns and starts pacing in the ring as he awaits his opponents.

Heather Thompson – And her opponent…fighting out of parts unknown…weighing one hundred seventy five pounds…he is the current IWF Uprising Champion…Sah’ta Thor!

Johnny – This one is going to be a real barnburner of a match Matt

Matt – Two champions, going head to head? I love it!

The referee makes sure both wrestlers are in their corners, before calling for the bell, and this match is underway!

Champion vs Champion (non-title)
Sheyanne Successful [vs.] Sah’ta Thor

[Ding Ding Ding!]

Sah’ta Thor immediately moves towards Sheyanne Successful and grabs onto her hair, dragging her towards the corner of the ring. Sah’ta Thor throws the much smaller Sheyanne Successful into the corner and twists her arms around the top ropes. Sah’ta Thor elbows Sheyanne Successful in the face quickly, before taking a few steps back. Sah’ta Thor runs towards Sheyanne Successful and goes to hit a clothesline in the corner of the ring. Sheyanne Successful ducks out of the way, causing Sah’ta Thor to hit the turnbuckle chest first. Sah’ta Thor bounces off the turnbuckle and stumbles backwards. Sheyanne Successful runs and dives at the back of Sah’ta Thor’s legs, buckling his knees and sending him down to the ground.

Johnny – Nice reversal there by Sheyanne, showing some great ring awareness

Matt – She’s the High Impact Champion for a reason, regardless of how tired Flex was when she beat him last week

Sheyanne Successful runs to the ropes and bounces off of them, rebounding back towards Sah’ta Thor, who is getting to his hands and knees. Sheyanne Successful runs and jumps and lands a leg drop across the back of Sah’ta Thor’s neck, sending him crashing to the mat face first. Sheyanne Successful stands up and stomps on the back of Sah’ta Thor’s head a few times, before moving to his arms and stomping on those as well.

Johnny – Sheyanne is really taking it to Thor here in the early going

Matt – Yeah it’s rare to see someone with such a size disadvantage have such a good early start to a match

Sheyanne Successful runs to the ropes and rebounds off of them, before sliding down and baseball slide kicking Sah’ta Thor in the ribs. Sheyanne Successful stands up and takes a few steps back as Sah’ta Thor slowly rolls over to the ropes and uses them to pull himself to his feet. Sheyanne Successful runs and jumps into the air at Sah’ta Thor, who suddenly springs forwards and tackles Sheyanne Successful out of the air. Sah’ta Thor slams Sheyanne Successful down to the mat hard on her back. Sah’ta Thor stands up and lifts Sheyanne Successful to her feet. Sah’ta Thor grabs Sheyanne Successful by the wrist and whips her towards the ropes. Sah’ta Thor spins and looks to deliver a spinning elbow, but Sheyanne Successful ducks underneath the shot. Sheyanne Successful continues to run and rebounds off of the ropes and runs back towards Sah’ta Thor. Sheyanne Successful jumps and delivers a flying crossbody to Sah’ta Thor, knocking him to the mat.

Johnny – Wow, what a crossbody! Took Thor right off his feet!

Matt – That was amazing, Shey Shey is proving why she’s going to be a force in IWF for years to come!

Sheyanne Successful stands up to her feet and walks over to Sah’ta Thor on the ground. Sheyanne Successful drops down and grabs onto Sah’ta Thor’s right arm, twisting it around and looking to lock in a kimura hold. Sah’ta Thor desperately tries to block the hold, but Sheyanne Successful continues to work her way towards locking it in. Sah’ta Thor eventually manages to spin over and reverse the pressure on the hold. But this allows Sheyanne Successful to release Sah’ta Thor’s arm and take his back. Sheyanne Successful immediately locks in a rear naked choke, as Sah’ta Thor desperately attempts to prevent the choke.

Johnny – Sheyanne is a master of the submissions, if she locks this choke in, it could be all over

Matt – That would be a huge shock though, if Sheyanne could win a match against Thor this soon

Sah’ta Thor slowly gets to his feet with Sheyanne Successful still latched onto his back, keeping the choke locked in. Sah’ta Thor walks towards the ropes, but falls to one knee. Sah’ta Thor is slowly fading, but he manages to get to his feet, with Sheyanne Successful still latched onto his back. Sah’ta Thor takes a few steps towards the ropes, before realizing that he probably won’t make it there. Sah’ta Thor jumps backwards and lands on top of Sheyanne Successful, causing her to release the hold and roll out from underneath Sah’ta Thor.

Johnny – What a counter by Thor! He was seconds away from being choked out, but somehow he managed to force Shey to break that hold

Matt – That might give Thor the chance to get control of this match

Sah’ta Thor slowly crawls to the ropes, trying to catch his breath. Sheyanne Successful slowly gets up to her feet across the ring. Sah’ta Thor climbs to his feet and sees Sheyanne Successful running across the ring towards him. Sah’ta Thor grabs Sheyanne Successful and lifts her in the air, spins her around and delivers a huge snap scoop powerslam onto Sheyanne Successful.

Johnny – Huge scoop slam by Thor!

Matt – Just like I told you Johnny, that was all the opening that Thor needed for this match

Sah’ta Thor gets up and walks over to Sheyanne Successful, grabbing her by the hair and dragging her to the middle of the ring. Sah’ta Thor lifts Sheyanne Successful up to her feet and spins her around. Sah’ta Thor lifts Sheyanne Successful up into the air from behind, and delivers a big olympic slam. Sah’ta Thor stands up and drops a few fists to the head of Sheyanne Successful, before standing up for a final time and delivering a falling tomahawk smash to Sheyanne Successful’s head. Sah’ta Thor quickly rolls onto Sheyanne Successful and covers her, as the referee counts the pin

Johnny – Will it be over so soon?!

-1-

-2-

Matt – Not a chance!

Sheyanne Successful manages to kick out of the pin. Sah’ta Thor gets to his feet and grabs Sheyanne Successful by the hair and lifts her back up to her feet. Sah’ta Thor lifts Sheyanne Successful up onto his shoulder, looking to set up a spinning tombstone piledriver. But Sheyanne Successful manages to escape out the back and take a few steps behind Sah’ta Thor. Sheyanne Successful runs and stomps on the back of Sah’ta Thor’s knee, but it doesn’t knock him over. Sah’ta Thor turns around and throws a big left hook that Sheyanne Successful partially blocks. Sheyanne Successful and Sah’ta Thor stand in the middle of the ring and trade shots, neither one landing anything clean, neither one getting a clear advantage.

Johnny – These two are just throwing down!

Matt – This is a very good match, but what did you expect? Two champions, laying it all in the ring

Sah’ta Thor throws a few quick jabs that land flush on Sheyanne Successful, sending her stumbing backwards. Sah’ta Thor spins and delivers a spinning backfist, sending Sheyanne Successful flying into the ropes. Sah’ta Thor runs at Sheyanne Successful, who ducks and sends Sah’ta Thor tumbling over the top rope. Sah’ta Thor manages to catch himself on the apron though. Sah’ta Thor drops to the ground and grabs Sheyanne Successful by the legs, yanking them out from underneath her. Sah’ta Thor pulls Sheyanne Successful out of the ring and causes her to fall onto the floor.

Johnny – Thor takes Shey Shey down and right to the outside of the ring!

Matt – Man Thor has turned this match right around. Shey needs to be careful here

Sah’ta Thor lifts Sheyanne Successful to her feet and grabs her arm. Sah’ta Thor whips Sheyanne Successful hard into the crowd barrier, smashing her back into it as she falls to the ground. Sah’ta Thor walks over to her as the referee count reaches three. Sah’ta Thor picks Sheyanne Successful up and drags her to the ring, rolling her inside. Sah’ta Thor climbs onto the ring apron and runs and jumps, dropping a leg across the face of Sheyanne Successful, which is hanging over the apron. Sheyanne Successful rolls back into the ring, holding her neck and face, as Sah’ta Thor slides in after her. Sah’ta Thor walks over to Sheyanne Successful and lifts her up. Sah’ta Thor goes to pick Sheyanne Successful up for his finishing move, but Sheyanne Successful manages to deliver a big knee to the gut of Sah’ta Thor. Sah’ta Thor brushes off the knee and pushes Sheyanne Successful across the ring into the corner. Sah’ta Thor runs and looks to spear Sheyanne Successful, but she ducks as Sah’ta Thor flies over her, smashing headfirst into the ring post.

Johnny – Thor just went headfirst into the ring post!

Matt – Ouch that looked like it fucking hurt

Johnny – Concussion anyone?

Sheyanne Successful quickly runs behind Sah’ta Thor and gets behind him on her knees. Sheyanne Successful gets her arm between Sah’ta Thor’s legs and flips him to the ground, rolling him up and covering him. The referee quickly slides down and begins to count

-1-

-2-

Sah’ta Thor just manages to get his shoulder up before the referee counts to three.

Johnny – Kick out by Thor!

Sheyanne Successful smacks her fists into the mat in anger as she yells at the referee. Sheyanne Successful stands up and waits for Sah’ta Thor to get to his feet. Sheyanne Successful runs at Sah’ta Thor and tries to take him down with a crossbody. But Sah’ta Thor manages to catch Sheyanne Successful in midair and slam her down with a falling powerslam. Sah’ta Thor quickly stands up and stomps on Sheyanne Successful a few times. Sah’ta Thor runs to the corner and climbs onto the top rope. Sah’ta Thor poses for a moment, before jumping off the top rope and double stomping Sheyanne Successful across the chest, causing her to roll around the mat in extreme pain.

Johnny – Huge double chest stomp by Thor off the top rope!

Matt – All of his weight comes crashing down on Sheyanne!

Matt – That must hurt inside

Sah’ta Thor waits for Sheyanne Successful to get to her feet, measuring her up behind him. Sah’ta Thor moves towards Sheyanne Successful and delivers two quick chops to the throat. Sah’ta Thor throws a quick roundhouse kick to Sheyanne Successful’s head, before finishing the combination with a punch to the heart. Sheyanne Successful falls backwards and hits the mat hard. Sah’ta Thor limps over to Sheyanne Successful, still holding his head.

Johnny – Thor has a chance to win this match right here, right now

Matt – He better, because his head looks like it’s causing him a lot of pain.

Sah’ta Thor grabs Sheyanne Successful and lifts her up to her feet. Sah’ta Thor picks Sheyanne Successful up and throws her onto his shoulder, looking to finally deliver his spinning tombstone piledriver. But suddenly, Sheyanne Successful uses one last bit of strength to spin around to the front of Sah’ta Thor and lock in a guillotine choke.

Johnny – UNSuccessful Escape by Shey!

Matt – She reversed Thor’s Parasite’s Eve right into that choke hold! Incredible

Johnny – You have to wonder how much Thor’s head injury came into play there

Matt – I would imagine a lot. But nobody has ever escaped Shey’s guillotine. It might be all over

Sheyanne Successful wraps her legs around the waist of Sah’ta Thor as she continues to choke him out with the guillotine choke. Sah’ta Thor desperately tries to escape, but he’s stuck. Sah’ta Thor desperately tries to slam Sheyanne Successful down to the mat, but she manages to hold on and continue cranking on the guillotine. After a little more time passes, Sah’ta Thor has no choice but to tap out or risk going unconscious.

Johnny – He tapped!

[Ding Ding Ding]

Heather Thompson – Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, by tapout…Sheyanne Successful!

Matt – What a win here by Sheyanne! Proves that her title win against Flex wasn’t just a fluke!

The referee grabs Sheyanne Successful and helps her to her feet, raising her arm to the sky. Sheyanne Successful begins to celebrate in the corners as the crowd cheers. Sah’ta Thor sits on his knees in the middle of the ring, shaking his head in disbelief.

Johnny – Thor can’t even believe that he let himself get caught in that guillotine

Matt – He was inches away from hitting his finisher, and then Sheyanne caught him with hers. So close, but yet so far

Eventually, Sheyanne Successful makes her way up the ramp and backstage, still celebrating. Sah’ta Thor eventually stands up and shoves the referee out of his way, before walking up the ramp and backstage as well, not acknowledging the crowd. The show fades out to commercial.

----------------------------------------------------------

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Hoganception_o_201643
BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER

Cutting backstage we see Alex Dillinger stepping into his new office. Glancing around the room with a smile he’s truly happy with everything that has gone on in the last few weeks. What went from possible heartbreak and a historic career coming to an end has led to something much greater for the man known as Alex Dillinger.

Setting down his coat Dillinger turns around as a knock is heard at his door. Raising an eyebrow Dillinger questions the knock.

Alex Dillinger
Who is it? It’s open come on in…

Not knowing exactly what he was really doing Alex allowed them to enter before realizing whom it was. In walks Libby Marcil, Beau Bowens, Drake Elliot, Flex Johnson, Aries Armadaist, and Brad Franklin all walk into his office bitching up a storm. Alex’s eyes widen as he becomes overwhelmed by all the voices shouting a million different things at him.

Alex Dillinger
WOAH! Slow it down! One at a time!

As Dillinger tries to direct everyone they just continue to all talk at once. Aries complains about the tag titles and not having a partner, Libby complains about Skyla, Beau complains about Aries, Flex complains about the time limit, Brad complains about no one caring about him, Drake complains about being friends with Lil Wayne.

Alex Dillinger
ENOUGH!!!!!

With a giant boom Alex shuts the conversation up extremely quickly. Everyone stops and looks at the new boss.

Alex Dillinger
Ok thank you…now Beau, Drake and Brad…YOU’RE FIRED! Get the FUCK out of my office you disgust me and your performances have been AWFUL! GET OUT!

Just as the three men go to argue Dillinger snaps his fingers and with the flick of his wrist he shoos them away. The three slowly exit the room before security is forced to intervene. Alex turns his attention back to Libby. He places his hand under her chin and smiles rubbing noses with her Eskimo style.

Alex Dillinger
Don’t think I’ve forgotten about you either beautiful…you know things, they just aren’t working out lately…YOU’RE FIRED! But make no mistake it’s not personally dollface. You see I tried to keep you on board here I tried to do everything I could and you pissed it all away. That was your one shot, the one chance you had and you blew it. Congrats on getting beaten by a half rate wrestler tonight and may you never get picked up by another company again. You’re awful at life please G-T-F-O….NOW!

Yelling in her face she smacks him and storms off angerly. Alex just smiles placing a finger on his lip to check for blood. When he doesn’t see red he looks up to Flex Johnson who is standing there looking like a mess from his match.

Alex Dillinger
Now Flex, I know you’re pissed. You two just put on a HELLUVA show I know it. While I’d book the rematch for next week there’s no way in my better judgment could I let the two of you go back out there next week and do it all over again. However because of your performance and everything you’ve had to go through I’m giving you that rematch for the High Impact Championship at Ragnarok!

Flex nods his head and cracks a smile before rubbing his hands together. Obviously content with the result of their meeting Flex turns and leaves Alex’s office leaving just Alex and Aries.

Alex Dillinger
That leaves just you Aries…now I was going to do something to help this division but I don’t like the way you went about it. I don’t like the way you carry yourself and frankly Aries I just don’t like you…HOWEVER…I’m not letting that get in the way. You’re tired of those belts and not having a partner, good me too they’re gone. Now what?

Aries Armadaist
Just like that huh? Fuck you, I’m keeping the belts. They’re mine.

Alex Dillinger
Fine go ahead, the tag team division is done and dead. You’ll never have to worry about it again. Now you too can conquer the world or whatever it is that you wanted to do…you know since those tag titles were holding you back so much. Let’s see how you do on your own without Jaci to carry you on her back. Now piss off before I get an itchy trigger finger and send you with Beau, Brad, Drake and Libby.

Aries mutters under his breath something vulgar towards Alex who puts a finger by his own ear as if saying “what was that?” but Aries doesn’t bite and leaves the office slamming the door behind him.

Matt - Alex already looking stressed out!

Johnny - Yeah but he handled that pretty damn well.

Rubbing his temples with his hands Alex takes in a deep breath and tries to go back to enjoying his new office without interruptions.

We return to ringside to see the ring set up for the deathmatch. In one corner, a barbed wire board is set up and on the other side of the ring, we see a bed of nails laid up in the corner. Along with that, we see various bags around the ring as well. The crowd starts to cheer.

Johnny: “The various instruments of destruction are all around. This is not going to be for the weak at heart.”

Matt: “We may overuse that statement tonight, but every time we say it, it’s true.”

Heather Thompson - This next match is a no disqualification match with a death match twist! Introducing first from South Philadelphia weighing in at 230lbs he is TIM PATRICK!!!

A spotlight shines in the crowd and searches for Tim Patrick, who is spotted in the crowd. He begins to make his way through the fans wearing a black IRA style balaclava mask, a flank jacket, black jeans, black gloves, and black wrestling boots. He makes his way to the guardrail and hops over it, sliding under the ring ropes. He climbs to the 2nd rope in the far side of the ring and raises his fist in the air.

He hops down and removes his mask and jacket, looking directly into the eyes of his opponent, never blinking

Matt: “We see Tim Patrick and this is his element.”

Johnny: “He’s ready to go. His opponent, maybe not so much.”

Matt: “Regardless...we know he’s not going to take it easy.”

Heather Thompson - Introducing his opponent from Harlem New York weighing in at 210lbs….FLEX JOHNSON!!!!!

“In Division” begins to blare over the speakers.

"I lay in a bed of resistance,
Chained to either side.
I really wish I could reset, rewind."

Smoke slowly begins to creep and fill the stage.

"I really wish I could reset rewind.
You know it's never the way we planned it.
I really wish we could reset rewind."

After a few moments, Flex Johnson strolls out and looks out at the crowd.

"I'm planning a revolution inside my head!
I'm planning a revolution when I break free.
I call for annihilation.
Describe the sunlight so I can feel it's burn.
If only I could get up from this bed!"

He walks slowly down the ramp. A number of fans boo him; a number of fans cheer for Flex as well.

"Living inside a hole they put me underground.
Where they can never find me 'less they dig me out."

Flex circles the ring one time, and then rolls into the ring.

"But no one seems to care anymore!
I'm digging, I'm digging my way out.
'Cause when I breathe in there is no release!"

He walks over to the near turn buckle and points a finger to the sky.

"I've been living inside a hole they put me underground.
Where they could never find me 'less they dig me out.
I've been living inside a hole.
Where they could never find me 'less they dig me out."

Flex hops off the turn buckle and waits for the bell to sound.

Mono y Mono
(Falls Count Anywhere)

Tim Patrick [vs.] Flex Johnson

As Flex is turning to face Tim he get cracked, Patrick cracks him in the skull with the kendo stick, knocking him down. Flex rolls over and drops the title before starting to get up as the crowd cheers.

Johnny: “Hard shot and Patrick starts it off. He’s not waiting.”

Matt: “Well no rules in this match. This is going to be brutal and Patrick could care less if he takes the cheap shot.”

Flex starts to get back up and he gets to the ropes. Patrick walks over and cracks Flex in the back with the kendo stick again and Flex falls back down. Patrick then turns and grabs Flex and places the kendo stick across Flex’s neck and pulls back, starting to choke Flex. He then drags him back and Flex tries to push the kendo stick away and Patrick takes Flex down with a Russian leg sweep, using the cane. Patrick then turns and grabs Flex by the hair and mounts him before nailing him with shot after shot after shot to the forehead of Flex. Patrick gets up and walks around as Flex rolls over and crawls over to the ropes. He grabs the ropes and starts to pull himself up and Patrick walks over and promptly kicks him between the legs and Flex falls down to the mat, holding his manhood in pain.

Matt: “What a kick! Flex Johnson just got drilled right where it counts.”

Johnny: “How the hell is that hardcore?! That’s a cheap shot!”

Matt: “There are no rules. Who gives a damn!”

Patrick smirks before walking over and grabbing one of the bags in the ring. The crowd starts to cheers and Patrick looks in the bag before smiling. He then turns and dumps the contents of the bag, revealing hundreds of thumbtacks. The crowd cheers and Patrick turns and walks over to Johnson with the bag still in his hand. He quickly grabs Flex and nails him with a hard right before turning and placing the bag over the head of Flex Johnson. Johnson quickly swings, but misses Patrick and Patrick nails him with a hard right. Flex falls back to the ropes. Patrick then grabs Flex by the back of the head and runs forward before throwing him down with a facebuster, face first into the thumbtacks. The crowd ohs and Flex Johnson rolls over only to yell in pain as more tacks go into his back and back of his head. Patrick gets up and smirks, looking at the thumbtacks on the front of the bag. Patrick then stomps Johnson in the forehead. Johnson rolls over and out of the thumbtacks.

Matt: “Johnson’s head and back are a pincushion. Johnson didn’t even see it coming!”

Johnny: “Literally! This is horrible. Johnson is getting destroyed by Tim Patrick!”

Johnson sits up, still completely blinded by the bag on his head. Patrick just smirks before grabbing Johnson and kicking him in the ribs. He then looks behind him before throwing him up and snap suplexing Johnson into the thumbtacks. Johnson yells in pain again and rolls over before getting out of the thumbtacks. Patrick then bends over and rips the bag off of Johnson’ head. Johnson starts to slowly pull himself up and Patrick kicks him in the ribs. He then grabs Johnson by the head and drives it into his knee. Patrick then turns and walks over to another bag. He grabs it and looks inside before smiling and then dumping it on one of the cleaner parts of the mat, revealing much broken glass. The crowd roars again and Patrick smirks some more. He then walks over and grabs Flex Johnson. Johnson starts to stir, but then grabs Patrick by the tights and throws him face first into the bed of nails. Patrick holds his face in pain as the crowd ohs.

Matt: “Oh my God! Patrick goes face first into the nails!”

Johnny: “That’s going to tear your face up in a hurry.”

Matt: “No doubt and Johnson knew those were there. That was a well executed counter and definitely stopped the pain for a bit.”

Johnny: “Not for Patrick!”

Patrick rolls over and a trickle of blood can be seen coming from his forehead. Johnson turns and grabs Patrick by the head and turns before placing Patrick’s face right against the nails and starting to press forward, driving some of the nails into the skull of Patrick. Patrick yells in pain and Johnson keeps pressing in before letting go and Patrick falls back, more blood coming from his face. Johnson then grabs Patrick and turns, pushing him to the ropes. He then knees him in the ribs before dragging him back. He then lifts Patrick up and throws him back, face first into the broken glass. Patrick rolls over, holding his chest in pain as the crowd ohs.

Matt: “Chest and face first into the glass! Patrick’s body is now being demolished by Flex Johnson!”

Patrick starts to get up and Flex grabs him from behind. Flex looks behind him before grabbing Patrick’s head and throwing him back with an inverted vertical suplex, back onto the glass. Patrick falls back, holding his chest some more as Flex rolls over and crawls over to Patrick. He then hooks the leg for the first pinfall attempt of the match.

1!

2!

KICK OUT!

Patrick kicks out. Flex turns and mounts Patrick and much like Patrick did earlier, Flex starts to hammer away on the face of Patrick with shot after shot after shot. He then gets up before turning and grabbing one of the pieces of broken glass. He turns before placing the edge against the forehead of Patrick and digging it into his forehead. Patrick yells in pain as Flex keeps driving the glass into his forehead. He then throws it aside before walking around the ring. Flex Johnson then turns and grabs another one of the bags. He looks inside before smiling and pulling out some barbed wire. He throws the bag aside and Johnson just looks at the barbed wire before touching his neck.

Johnny: “Johnson is like a man possessed and is letting Tim have it.”

Matt: “Flex talked all about how hardcore was nothing, now look at him.”

Patrick starts to slowly pull himself up and Johnson wraps the barbed wire around his fist and turns to Patrick and nails him in the face with it, knocking him down. Patrick rolls over and Johnson then turns and unwraps the barbed wire from his wrist. He then places it around the throat of Patrick and lifts Patrick up. He then looks right at his face before turning and throwing Patrick over the top rope and starting to pull back on the barbed wire as he starts to hang Patrick. The crowd ohs and some boo, while some cheer. Johnson starts to pull back on the barbed wire and the referee comes over, hoping to get him to stop. Johnson keeps pulling back, ignoring the referee and Patrick struggles to breathe. He reaches around as the barbed wire tears at his neck. Suddenly, the barbed wire snaps and Patrick falls down to the floor. Johnson falls back. He then gets back up as the crowd boos.

Johnny: “Wow! He was strangling him so hard, the barbed wire snapped!”

Matt: “Good for Patrick. Not so great for Johnson. But the damage has to be done. Patrick was struggling to breathe!”

Patrick starts to get up and reaches underneath the ring a bit. Johnson turns and walks over and sticks his head through the ropes and goes to grab Patrick and Patrick suddenly turns and nails Johnson in the head with a fluorescent light bulb while shatters over his head. The crowd ohs and Johnson just falls back before he’s spread eagle against the mat. Patrick then reaches underneath the ring and smiles as he then pulls out two more fluorescent light tubes. Patrick climbs up onto the apron and looks around, holding the tubes in the air, getting cheers from the crowd. He then starts to climb up to the top rope. Flex Johnson remains down and Patrick gets up to the top rope. He looks over at Johnson and stands up, balancing himself before jumping forward and holding both tubes underneath him, attempting a leg drop. Flex Johnson moves out of the way and Patrick ends up leg dropping both of the tubes into him upon crashing to the mat! The crowd ohs and Patrick winces in pain.

Matt: “Crash and Patrick may be burning from the glass shards going into his backside! Flex Johnson moves just out of the way!”

Johnny: “And Patrick is immediately regretting that decision!”

Patrick rolls over and starts to get up and Johnson gets to his feet and runs over and nails him with a running knee lift, knocking him back. Patrick rolls over and starts to get up again. Johnson then walks over and kicks him in the ribs. He then turns and runs into the ropes. He jumps to the middle rope and turns around before landing on the shoulders of Patrick and hurricanraning him into the thumbtacks. Patrick winces in pain some more and Johnson quickly follows up with a pin.

1!

2!

Patrick kicks out while still on the thumbtacks. Johnson rolls off, narrowly missing some of the tacks himself. Patrick rolls over, wincing and Johnson kicks him in the head, knocking him back down. Johnson then jumps forward and hits a senton to the chest of Patrick, driving the tacks further into him. The crowd ohs and Johnson rolls off.

Matt: “More damage from those tacks. Johnson is now just going for whatever damage he can.”

Johnny: “And in the end, that may be the different. Both men are just taking a whole lot from the other. Along with that, Patrick is bleeding. Johnson, not quite as much.”

Johnson looks down and grabs Patrick and drags him up to his feet. Tacks stick out from the back of Patrick and Johnson then turns and whips Patrick into the bed of nails. Patrick hits hard and the crowd ohs. Johnson then runs at Patrick and jumps up and hits a body avalanche, driving the nails further into the back of Patrick. The crowd ohs and Johnson stumbles back. Patrick stumbles forward out of the corner and Johnson kicks him in the ribs and hits a DDT. He then rolls over and hooks the leg.

1!

2!

Patrick shoots his shoulder off the canvas. Johnson gets up and turns and grabs Patrick. He lifts him up to his feet and knees him in the ribs. He then snapmares him down before dropkicking him in the back of the head. Johnson then turns and looks out at the crowd. The crowd boos and Johnson just glares.

Matt: “Johnson taking a moment to taunt this crowd. I don’t know how smart that is.”

Johnny: “Well Patrick is still down. In this environment, it’s always dangerous to take your eyes of your opponent, but with Patrick getting a hell of a beat down at the moment, Johnson may know better.”

Johnson turns and grabs Patrick and slowly lifts him up to his feet. He nails Patrick in his bloodied face before turning and whipping him towards the barbed wire board in the corner. Patrick however stops just in time, holding the ropes. He glances behind him and Johnson turns and runs after him only for Patrick to drop back and drop down and drop toe hold Johnson, face first, into the barbed wire! The crowd ohs and Johnson reaches up to holds his face as his hair and face get tangled in the barbed wire. Patrick gets up and looks forward, sadistically smiling through the blood that covers his face. Patrick then runs forward and jumps, hitting a front dropkick to the back of Johnson’ head, driving it further into the barbed wire. The crowd ohs and Patrick then rolls back. Johnson pulls himself out of the barbed wire, revealing himself now to be busted open.

Matt: “Johnson is now busted open and bleeding like a stuck pig. Both men are bleeding buckets now in this match!”

Johnny: “Fatigue has to be setting in, but now, Patrick is in control, instead of Johnson who has been managing to fight back throughout this entire sick match.”

Patrick turns and grabs Johnson and throws him back with a traditional Russian leg sweep. Patrick then goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Johnson kicks out. Patrick rolls off and looks around before walking around. Johnson starts to stir and Patrick walks over and grabs him before lifting him up to his feet. He then drags him over to the corner. Patrick lifts Johnson up and places him on the top turnbuckle. Patrick then jumps up and manages to dropkick Johnson in the face, knocking him back. Patrick then turns and walks over to the thumbtacks and starts to slowly kick them all over towards the corner. He keeps kicking a number of them over before finally determining the amount to be plenty. He then grabs Johnson and nails him with a hard right. He then pulls him away from the corner a bit so Johnson’ feet dangle over the top rope and Patrick holds Johnson’ head underneath his armpit. He then looks around before dropping Johnson down with a vicious DDT into the thumbtacks. The crowd ohs and Patrick rolls over to the side.

Matt: “Oh no! Into the thumbtacks!”

Johnny: “More damage with those damn tacks as Johnson goes face first into them.”

Matt: “And think about the impact on the neck, but Patrick’s not going for the cover.”

Johnny: “What the hell is wrong with him? Johnson is down and may be out!”

Patrick rolls underneath the bottom rope and walks around the ring before walking over to the side of the ring and looking underneath it. He smirks as he pulls out a table. The crowd cheers upon seeing it and Patrick drags it out and leans it against the barricade. He then turns it over and unfolds the legs and places them tight before turning the table over and placing it right next to the ring. Patrick turns and rolls back into the ring and looks over at the bloodied face of Johnson. He smirks before lifting him up by the hair and dragging him to his feet. He then nails him with a knee to the ribs and throws Johnson down onto the middle rope. Patrick then exits to the apron.

Matt: “What in the world is Patrick doing? He’s got Flex Johnson laid out on the middle rope and he’s got a table. I don’t like this at all.”

Johnny: “They’ve used broken glass, thumbtacks, nails and barbed wire and THAT worries you?”

Patrick then grabs Johnson by the hair and pulls him out a bit more, causing him to balance on the middle rope on his chest and stomach. Patrick then pulls him out a bit more and grabs him in a gutwrench. The crowd starts to roar and Patrick looks around, smirking.

Johnny: “Oh my God. You don’t think?!”

Matt: “Russian Neck Drop from the ring through a table to the floor?!”

Patrick holds onto Johnson for a bit longer only for Johnson to wriggle out a bit and push back to the ring and push Patrick back, causing him to fall over the table and hit hard, back of the head first into the barricade. The crowd ohs. Johnson then rolls back into the ring and takes a few breaths. He then rolls out of the ring and to the floor before walking over to Patrick. Patrick is a bit groggy and Johnson turns and nails him vicious in the skull with a swing kick. The crowd ohs and Patrick drops down a bit more. Johnson then grabs Patrick and rolls him onto the table. Johnson hops onto the apron before turning around and looking into the ring and stopping. He grabs Patrick and lifts him on the table before moving him onto the apron. He then runs forward and spears Patrick into the turnbuckle post on the apron. He then lifts Patrick up and places him on the top turnbuckle. The crowd starts to roar.

Johnny: “OH MY GOD!”

Matt: “THIS IS INSANE!!!!”

Johnson then swings Patrick’s leg over and nails him with a hard right. He then looks around before smirking and dropping down to the floor. He walks around the table and then grabs the barbed wire board. He pulls it down and out from the corner. The crowd starts to roar some more and Johnson drags the barbed wire board over and slides it onto the table. Johnson smiles and starts to breathe heavily as he hops back up onto the apron. He then nails Patrick with a hard right and then another. He climbs up to the middle rope and the crowd starts to rise to its feet and Johnson grabs Patrick and places his head between his legs. He then lifts Patrick up and jumps back, piledriving Patrick from the middle rope through the barbed wire board, through the table and all the way to the floor below! The crowd roars in cheers before a loud, audible “Holy Sh*t!” chant echoes throughout the building.

Matt: “Oh my God! Through the table! Through barbed wire!”

Johnny: “He did it! Patrick is drilled! He’s dead! It’s over!”

Johnson rolls out of the barbed wire, ripping his flesh, his hair and his tights. He then turns and moves into a pin. The referee drops down and looks around before just going for the pin.

1!

2!

KICK OUT!

Matt: “OH MY GOD HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!”

Johnny: “TIM KICKED OUT! TIM KICKED OUT!”

Flex looks to be distraught and unsure of what is going on. A few moments later the bell sounds and Johnson rolls off of Patrick, ripping out some of his hair, thanks to the barbed wire, in the process. Johnson starts to pull himself up before looking down at Patrick. The blood continues to drip down his face and Johnson starts to smile. The referee walks around and Flex looks for him to raise his arm up in victory but the referee waves his arms off and shakes his head. Flex tries to understand but throws his arms up exclaiming his victory over Tim in Tim’s environment.

Matt: “Flex Johnson has just defeated Tim?”

Johnny: “Flex Johnson showed he could get hardcore here tonight! Yet I thought he was able to kick out at the end there I was wrong.

The crowd splits between applauding both men and booing Flex Johnson. Johnson turns and stumbles over before leaning on the barricade a bit. He then starts to walk away from the ring.

Heather Thompson - This match has been ruled to stop due to the time expiration, therefore this match has been ruled a no contest!

Matt: “WHAT!? A DRAW!?”

Johnny: “Has it been that long already!? These two men laid it all out on the line and neither man was able to come out victorious. Somehow I have a strong feeling we’ll see these two competing again in the very near future.

Patrick remains down in the barbed wire and table pieces, starting to move. The official turns to him and slowly starts to help him out of the tangled mess. A couple more officials run down to help Patrick out of it. One, fortunately, bringing wire cutters. Johnson turns and falls to the floor passing out from exhaustion and blood loss. The medical staff rush to the aid of Tim and Flex.

Matt: “What a horrific match, this was one for the ages.”

Johnny: “Flex Johnson impressed us all and Tim never, ever gives up no matter the odds. This match just screamed star power when it was made.

Last edited by Alex Dillinger on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 am

The camera cuts to the parking lot, where Sheyanne Successful and a couple of her friends are stumbling around, each one holding a champagne bottle.

Girl 1
Good job tonight Shey! The High Impact champion knows how to win in style! Lets go celebrate!

Sheyanne Successful
You damn right girl! Time to get fucked up!

They stumble through the parking lot towards the exit, until Sheyanne sees a car out of the corner of her eye.

Sheyanne Successful
Hold up girls, look at that beauty!

Sheyanne stumbles toward the car in question, and looks inside the window.

Sheyanne Successful
I want one of these so bad!

She pulls on the door handle just as she is about to walk away, and the door opens. Her eyes go wide as she turns back to the car, a huge smile going across her face.

Sheyanne Successful
No fucking way! Hey girls, this dumb fuck has left his car unlocked with the keys in it!

She looks at her girls with a sly grin.

Sheyanne Successful
Lets take it for a test drive!

The two girls look at each other.

Girl 2
Are you sure that's a good idea Shey?

Sheyanne waves her off.

Sheyanne Successful
Come on, all we are doing is taking a little test drive! When we are done we will park it back here, and no one will know!

Sheyanne gets in the drivers seat.

Sheyanne Successful
LETS GOOOOO!

The two girls shrug before squeeling as they get into the car, and it drives out of the parking lot. The camera pans to show Flex Johnson standing behind a post at the back of the parking lot. He is holding a phone up to his ear.

Flex Johnson
Hello? Yes, Police?

A smirk crosses his face.

Flex Johnson
I would like to report a stolen vehicle.

The camera zooms out on Flex before cutting away.

As the fans are enjoying themselves at the show the next match is just about ready to begin. Before it can however everyone is interrupted by someone they weren’t sure was going to be there tonight or not…

The lights go out, the first chords of Hit the Lights by Metallica begins to play. Then the stage fills with blue, sparks shower down from the titan tron, and out comes Ethan, walking through those sparks, in a hoodie vest, long wrestling gear, black elbow pads, and gloves. Ethan stops at the entrance way and peeks from under his hoodie and then walks at a comfortable pace with the hood covering his face, smirking. Ethan walks with his IWF Championship belt over his shoulder proudly. A chorus of boos are unleashed at the champion and he simply laughs them off.

Matt - What is Ethan doing out here tonight?

Johnny - He probably to come scout Griffin Hawkins, smart move in my opinion.

Ethan walks over to the announcers booth and throws on a headset to talk with Matt and JOhnyn during the next match. Shaking his hand Johnny takes a seat when the champ takes one.

Matt - Ethan! What brings you out here?

Johnny - Yeah Ethan, what made you come out here tonight?

Ethan Cage
Well besides the fact that listening to you two back there was putting me to sleep…not only did I come out here to save the show from a ratings plummet but I also came out here to see Griffin Hawkins in action. Time to see what all the hype is about

Matt - Hype?

Johnny - There is no hype Ethan, Girffin is a former champion and I wouldn’t take him very lightly if I were you.

Just then the lights dim down and over the tron you can hear some heavy moaning and what sounds like two people really going at it and I’m talking some DEEP penetration here. Suddenly the camera comes into focus and you can see the face of Brandon Macdonald and he’s drilling away inside Molly Reid. Molly is dressed up in hockey gear with a ball and gag in her mouth just getting plowed. The screen quickly cuts to static as the staff quickly removes the video from the live feed.

Matt - Well…that was rude, I didn’t even finish.

Johnny - You disgust me.

Heather Thompson - This next match is scheduled for one fall! Introducign first from Pittsburg Pennsylvania, weighing in at 285lbs…FRANK FINELLI!!!!!

As "Bad to the bone" plays over the speakers, Frank Finelli walks out from behind the curtain. The fans greet him with a chorus of boos and jeers as he stands there for amoment soaking in the hatred towards him and he cracks a smirk as he starts to walk to the ring. The booing and jeering continues as he gets cloer to the ring and some fans hurl objects at him along with the insults. He swats a plastic bottle back into the crowd as it comes near him and slowly ascends the ring steps and climbs into the ring. He mounts the turnbuckles and trash talks the fans and then dismounts as black and gold pyro goes off high above the ring. he stands and leans on the turnbuckle in his corner awaiting his opponent

Heather Thompson - Introducing his opponent…making his in ring return NOW from Windsor, Ontario Canada weighing in at 226lbs…GRIFFIN HAWKINS!!!!

The lights suddenly go out in the arena, plunging the crowd into total darkness. Some fans are seen holding up their cigarette lighters. A black and white video of a longhaired young man appears on the Titantron.

Outside my window there´s a
Whole lot of trouble comin´
The cartoon killers and the
Rag cover clones
Stack heels kickin´ rhythm
Of social circumcision
Can´t close the closet on
Shoe box full of bones..

The high pitched screams of Sebastian Bach is heard as the pyro goes "BOOOOOOOOOM!" Monkey Business by Skid Row is heard as Griffin Hawkins stands uptop the ramp, raising the devil horns in the air amongst the screaming fans. Taylor Michaels crawls between his legs, getting in view of the camera. He helps her up with both hands. He grins at her as the two make their way down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans. Both of them go on opposite sides of the ring apron. Griffin holds the ring rope for Taylor to enter.

He slowly enters the ring by stepping between the ropes. He gets on each corner of the ropes, raising the Devil Horns in the air as the crowd is cheering for him, holding up signs saying "Griffin Rocks" while a few young 13 year old female fans hold up signs reading "Marry Me Griffin" Taylor smiles at him, showing her support for him. She gets behind him and takes his jacket off his back. He then gets down and takes off his aviator shades, going to the outside of the ring. He puts them on a smiling young fan, patting him on the head before going back inside. Griffin is in the corner with Taylor on the ropes behind him, rubbing his shoulders as he prepares for the match to start.

Return of a Champion
Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Frank Finelli

[DING, DING, DING]

As the bell sounds Griffin is quick to lock up with Frank and push him right on his ass. The skinnier man is quick to prove his worth against the larger man. Frank rolls and gets up to his feet quickly.

Matt - Griffin not wasting ANY time here.

Johnny - Someone must want to prove he’s back fully!

Matt - Looks to be that way!

Finelli and Hawkins both push back and Hawkins quickly turns and knees Finelli in the ribs. He then nails him with an overhand right. Finelli is jarred and Hawkins then grabs him and whips him back into the ropes. Finelli bounces off the ropes and Hawkins turns only for Finelli to drill him with a hard shoulder. Hawkins falls back and rolls through. He then gets back up and runs back at Finelli and Finelli then nails him with a back elbow. Hawkins staggers around before turning back to Finelli and Finelli nails him with a hard right. He then turns and whips him into the ropes. Hawkins bounces off the ropes. Finelli turns and attempts a back elbow off the rebound, but Hawkins ducks. He then bounces off the other side and jumps up, but Finelli catches him and snaps him over with a powerslam. The crowd ohs and Finelli goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Hawkins kicks out and rolls over and over to the ropes and down to the floor. Finelli gets up and smirks as the crowd boos a bit.

Matt - Frank almost walked away with a win here against Griffin!

Johnny - Much to everyone’s surprise!

Ethan Cage
Well I knew he wouldn’t be anything special when he got back!

Hawkins walks around before turning and hopping onto the apron. He looks into the ring and Finelli walks towards the ropes and Hawkins drops down. The referee walks forward and then tells Finelli to step back. He walks back, arms in the air as Hawkins slowly pulls himself back onto the apron and then slowly enters the ring. Finelli then steps by the referee and Hawkins reaches up and pokes Finelli in the eye. Hawkins then smiles and quickly locks in a side headlock, yelling out before using his free hand and pointing to his head. Hawkins holds on and Finelli then turns and pulls Hawkins back into the ropes. He turns and goes to fire him off, but Hawkins holds on and drops down to his knee. Finelli quickly pulls him back up, allowing him to keep as much leverage as he can. Hawkins holds on before Finelli then lifts him up and throws him forward with an atomic whip. Hawkins hits the mat and then rolls over and gets back up and Finelli runs forward and clotheslines Hawkins down, getting cheer from the crowd. Finelli turns around and Hawkins starts to get up and Finelli walks over and clubs him in back. He then grabs Hawkins in a gutwrench and hoists him up before turning and just throwing him down with a powerbomb. The crowd ohsand Finelli then turns and slowly walks towards the ropes before turning and jumping up and dropping his knee across the face of Hawkins. He turns and goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Hawkins kicks out and rolls over. Finelli quickly grabs his arm and starts to get him back to his feet.

Matt - SO CLOSE!

Johnny - Frank is slowing starting to become frustrated here Matt.

Matt - That’s what he needs to avoid, just keep your eye on the prize and finish the former IWF Champion off.

Ethan Cage
What are you his life coach Matt? Fuck off.

Finelli keeps Hawkins up and then knees him in the ribs. He turns and grabs him by the arm and turns him over before taking him over with a Russian leg sweep. Finelli then turns and goes for another pin.

1!

2!

Hawkins kicks out again. Hawkins rolls over and slowly starts to pull himself up. Finelli then turns and grabs him hoists him up. He then turns and whips him into the ropes. Hawkins bounces off the ropes and Finelli turns and lifts Hawkins up onto his shoulder, but Hawkins reaches forward and grabs the tights of Finelli and pulls himself up and down behind Finelli. Finelli goes to turn but Hawkins quickly turns and grabs Finelli from the side before throwing him over with a variation of a back suplex. Finelli rolls through and rolls over, holding his head and neck in pain. He starts to get back up and Hawkins quickly smirks before grabbing Finelli from behind and throwing him up and back with a traditional back suplex. Finelli rolls over, holding his head in pain and Hawkins gets up and throws his arms out as the crowd boos. He then turns to Finelli and stomps him in the side of the head, Finelli manages to get to his knees and pulls himself up and Hawkins clubs him in back. He then turns Finelli around and chops him in the chest. The crowd woos. He then smirks before going to whip Finelli towards the middle of the ring, but then holds on and pulls him in, only to bring his arm up and around Finelli’ shoulder into a half nelson and pull back into a backbreaker. He turns and goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Finelli gets his shoulder up. He then rolls over and starts to get back up and Hawkins quickly grabs Finelli and hooks his arm before throwing him over with a snap suplex. Finelli winces and starts stir only for Hawkins to grab Finelli and hoist him up. He then hooks his arm again and goes for another suplex, but Finelli manages to flip through. He then turns and runs into the ropes. Hawkins turns around and Finelli nails him with a Yakuza kick. Hawkins hits hard and rolls over, holding his face. Finelli then turns and looks at Hawkins before walking over to him. Hawkins starts to get up in the ropes and Finelli then turns and places his foot across the back of Hawkins’ head and pushing down, causing his neck to be pressed against the bottom rope. The crowd cheers a bit as Hawkins yells in pain. Finelli just smirks as he continues to push down.

Matt - Finelli having a bit of fun with Hawkins, struggling to breathe as he’s draped along the ropes.

Johnny - Why is he playing? This could backfire. Finelli. You’re making a mistake here!

Ethan Cage
He’s doing FINE no mistakes! Shut up and let the man do his thing here! We’re about to see an upset!

The referee calls for the break before counting.

1!

2!

3!

Finelli gets off and Hawkins reaches up. Finelli then grabs him and starts to lift him up, but Hawkins catches him with a back elbow. Finelli stumbles back and Hawkins then turns and runs after Finelli before jumping up and taking him down with a facebuster. The crowd ohs and Hawkins rolls Finelli over and hooks the leg.

1!

2!

Finelli kicks out. Hawkins rolls off and smacks the canvas in anger. He then turns and grabs Finelli and sits him up before grabbing him in an arm hookchinlock before trying to move for the scissors. Finelli however manages to move his legs. Finelli continues to move his feet around as Hawkins continues to try for the scissors. He manages to get one leg hooked, but Finelli then gets his other foot underneath the bottom rope. He reaches around as the referee calls for the break. Hawkins lets go and then rolls off, unhappy. He gets up and gets into the face of the referee as Finelli turns around and starts to slowly pull himself up. Hawkins just rolls his eyes before turning around and Finelli suddenly lifts him up and drops him throat first on the top rope. Hawkins pops back, holding his throat in pain. Hawkins stumbles back and Finelli then turns and runs into the ropes. He bounces off them ropes before attempting a clothesline. Hawkins however ducks. Finelli then stops before turning around and Hawkins suddenly reaches up and rolls Finelli up in a small package.

1!

2!

Finelli kicks out. Both men get up and Finelli gets up before grabbing the ropes, but Hawkins then pulls Finelli to face him and KICKS HIM square under the chin flooring Frank flat. Griffin drops down and hooks his leg.

Matt - SHOT IN THE DARK! This is it, a successful return!

Ethan Cage
GOD DAMMIT!

1!

2!

3!

[DING, DING, DING]

Heather Thompson - Here is your winner...GRRRRRRIFFIN HAAAAAWWWKINSSS!!!

Hawkins celebrates as the crowd explodes in enthusiasm for the rockstar’s return to the ring. Griffin looked excellent in his return as the crowd continues to cheer for him Griffin makes his way backstage being sure to high five a good amount of the fans.

Matt - Excellent match, Frank has a big future here in IWF but wasn’t enough to face off against our former champion

Johnny - Griffin has ZERO rust!

Ethan Cage
Yeah, yeah, yeah watch this…

Just then Ethan drops his headset and rushes into the ring charging towards Griffin. The two start going at it and throwing blows back and forth at one another. Ethan gains the upper hand this time sending Griffin crashing into the steel steps. Ethan grabs a microphone and looks down at the fallen Griffin.

Ethan Cage
So you wanna face me at Ragnarok? You got it…

Cage drops his microphone on the body of Hawkins as he holds his championship high up in the air. With the fans booing him Ethan can’t help but smirk as he wipes his boots off on Griffin before heading to the back.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 am

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend King-kong-bundy-says-how-it-is_o_1190804

Heather Thompson - The next match is scheduled for one fall and is the MAIN EVENT of the evening! Introducing first from Mackay, Australia weighing in at 210lbs....GORDOOOOOON FUUUURRRRRYYYY!!!!

The opening double kick drums and guitar riffs of “Honest Eyes” by Black Tide blast through the arena speakers and the fans all get on their feet in anticipation. As the intensity increases at the second intro riff, the fans cheer loudly as Gordon Fury walks through the entrance curtain, his head low so to not show his face. He flicks his hood back and riles up the fans from the stage, getting an even louder response.

"HATE!"

On that word Gordon fist pumps out in front of him, queuing a blast of pyro from behind him.

"I'm filled with hate,
And you will regret!
How did I get so lost?"

"FIGHT!

I’ll win this fight,
Pull Myself out!
Save myself at all cost!"

Gordon slaps hands with the fans on his way down the ramp, constantly on the move, going to both sides of the ramp.

"Give me my,
My life back!

I will take what’s gone..."

Gordon gets to the ring and climbs the ring steps, before stepping onto the apron, turning so that he is facing away from the ring.

"How?
How'd we come this far?
Why did we survive?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon turns and leaps in one motion, landing straight on the second turnbuckle. He then pumps his fist into the air, causing an uproar of cheers.

"Where did we go wrong?
What did we not see?
I'd rather live my life through Honest Eyes!"

Gordon then leaps off the turnbuckle and goes across the ring to the opposite corner, jumping up to the second turnbuckle, before riling up the fans again. He jumps down from the turnbuckle before taking off his hoodie and throwing it into the crowd. He then waits for his opponent as the song fades out.

Heather Thompson - And his opponent from Chicago Illinois weighing in at 120lbs she is the Phoenix Champion...BLLLLYYYSSSS LOOOOOCKHAAAAARRRRRTTT!!!!!

The arena dims and as the music starts, lights start flashing on and off like crazy all over the place until the vocals kick in and the lights go to normal with Blyss popping out of the curtains and jogging down the ramp. She yells at the crowd to get them pumped and hops onto the apron, hanging off the rope with one hand as she poses for the crowd/camera. Then she jumps over the ropes and runs up the turnbuckle, bending down and then slowly straightens herself just as the music screams “I won’t bow to weakness!” She smiles and poses before jumping back down and waits for the bell to sound.

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend Mainevent
Lovers Quarrel Match
Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Gordon Fury

[DING, DING, DING]

The bell sounds and Gordon looks across the ring, glaring at Blyss. Blyss just smirks as she walks to the middle of the ring. Gordon moves forward and attempts a grapple, but Blyss slaps his hands away and attempts a spin kick. Gordon ducks and Blyss attempts a second spin kick, but Gordon ducks that one too. She then attempts a right hand, but Gordon blocks it and then nails Blyss with a shot to the ribs and then an uppercut. Gordon stumbles back and Blyss runs over and attempts a running high knee. Lockhart ducks and Fury stops at the ropes. He then turns around and walks out only for Lockhart to nail him with a dropkick. Fury gets back up as the crowd cheers and Lockhart nails him with another dropkick. Fury gets back up and Lockhart goes for another, but Fury drops down and rolls out of the ring as Lockhart stops herself. She then stays on her feet as Fury walks around the ring.

Matt - This match is intense and neither one is letting up!

Johnny -They both want to win and didn’t come here to hold hands and kiss.

Fury walks around the ring he slowly enters the ring as Lockhart backs off. Fury enters and Lockhart walks forward only for Fury to drop down and grab Lockhart by the tights and throw her through the ropes. Fury then grabs the bottom rope and pulls himself under and down to the floor. Lockhart gets up and Fury nails her with a hard right and then another before hitting a back chop. Lockhart stumbles back. Fury then lifts her up before dropping her chest first on the barricade. Lockhart stumbles back, holding her chest. Fury then turns and runs over and clotheslines her down. He then smirks as the crowd boos. Fury then slowly reaches down to Lockhart before lifting her up and rolling her back into the ring. Fury then hops onto the apron. Fury then grabs the top rope and slingshots himself in, and onto Lockhart with an elbow drop.

Matt - Vicious elbow drop to the chest of Lockhart and Lockhart’s chest is getting worked over here tonight.

Johnny - Don’t even say it!

Matt - What? Fury is kicking her ass. I don’t always have my head in the gutter.

Fury turns and goes for the pin and hooks the leg.

1!

2!

Lockhart gets her shoulder up. Lockhart rolls over and Fury walks over and grabs her by the hair. He then kicks her in the ribs before taking her over with a snap suplex. Fury holds on and swivels his hips through before getting to his feet. He then lifts Lockhart up and drops her down with a sitout front suplex. Fury then rolls over and ends up on the chest of Lockhart for the pin.

1!

2!

Lockhart, however, suddenly gets his feet up and takes Fury back with a sunset flip like pin!

1!

2!

Fury kicks out. Both combatants get up and Fury nails Lockhart with a clothesline before pacing around the ring, visibly annoyed.

Johnny - Fury is starting to get frustrated.

Matt - Well duh. Lockhart isn’t staying down. That’s what she should do.

Johnny - She’s a fighting champion. She’s damn sure not going to lie down for Gordon Fury.

Matt - And Lockhart is going to fight until Fury knocks her down and keeps her there.

Lockhart starts to slowly gets up and Fury kicks her in the ribs. He then double underhooks her before lifting him up and down with a backbreaker. Lockhart twinges in pain and Fury goes for the pin again.

1!

2!

Lockhart kicks out. The crowd cheers and Fury gets up and grabs Lockhart. He wrenches her arm before whipping her into the ropes. Lockhart however jumps up to the middle rope and jumps back. Fury runs towards her and Lockhart drops down and dropkicks him in the knee. Fury falls forward and hits the turnbuckle. Lockhart rolls to the side and Fury starts to get up from the corner. Lockhart gets up and grabs Fury and takes him down with a bulldog. She then rolls him over for a pin.

1!

2!

Fury gets his shoulder up. Lockhart rolls off and slowly starts to get up as the crowd sighs. Fury starts to stir and Lockhart grabs him and lifts him up before dropping him back with a Russian leg sweep. Lockhart then gets up and walks over to the ropes and exits to the apron. She then walks over to the corner and climbs up to the top rope. Fury starts to stir and Lockhart stands on the top rope. She looks around before diving forward and nailing Fury in the back of the head with a guillotine leg drop. Fury hits the mat face first and rolls over and the crowd cheers.

Johnny - What a huge chance and it pays off. Leg drop from the top and Fury is down.

Matt - This would be huge if Lockhart beats Fury! Pinfall maybe?!

Lockhart throws her arm over Fury.

1!

2!

Fury gets his shoulder up. The crowd sighs again. Lockhart rolls off and slowly starts to get up. Fury starts to stir and Lockhart grabs him and lifts him up. She then whips him into the ropes. Fury bounces off the ropes and Lockhart lifts him up, but Fury spins through. Fury then jumps up and kicks Lockhart right in the front of the head, knocking her back. Lockhart rolls over, slowly getting up, holding her face and Fury grabs her and lifts her up before taking her down with a backbreaker. He then goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Lockhart gets her shoulder up. Fury rolls off and grabs Lockhart by the hair. He then hits a headbutt before shaking it off. Fury then nails her with a forearm. Fury then scoops Lockhart up and slams her down. Fury grabs her again and lifts her up before attempting a German suplex. Lockhart, however, blocks it before rolling forward into a roll up.

1!

2!

Fury kicks out. Both get up and Fury spins around Lockhart. He then lifts Lockhart up and takes her over with a release German suplex.

Matt - Woo-hoo! German suplex! Go for the pin. She’s dazed! She’s confused!

Johnny - Please. Dear lord. Please kick out!

Fury rolls over and rolls Lockhart over. He then hooks the leg before placing his own legs on the bottom rope for added leverage.

1!

2!

Fury gets up and walks over to the ropes. He then turns around and Lockhart reaches up and attempts a small package as the crowd erupts in cheers.

1!

2!

Fury kicks out. He gets up and Lockhart starts to get up. Fury kicks her in the ribs and then runs into the ropes. He bounces off the ropes and Lockhart jumps up on the rebound and hits a cutter. The crowd cheers and Lockhart rolls over and starts to get up. She then stumbles over to the corner and exits to the apron again. She then starts to climb up to the top rope. Fury slowly starts to stir and gets up to his feet. Lockhart gets to the top and then dives forward attempting a hurricanrana, but Fury counters with a huge sitout powerbomb, before falling back himself. The crowd ohs as both combatants are down.

Matt - Good lord! Lockhart was just slammed through the damn mat!

Johnny - She got too high-risk and she got dropped. That’s how you do it!

Matt -Lockhart is down. Fury however is down too. Fury has taken a beating in this match!”

Fury rolls over and slowly starts to get up to his feet. Lockhart starts to stir and Fury walks over to Lockhart.

1!

2!

Fury kicks out. Lockhart starts to get up and Fury does as well. Lockhart nails Fury with a hard forearm. Fury stumbles back and Lockhart hits him with another. Lockhart then grabs grabs him and kicks him in the ribs. She fires him into the ropes, but Fury stops and pulls Lockhart in before kicking her in the ribs and then taking her to a corner, he crouches down, slaking Blyss. The fans erupt in anticipation.

Matt – He's look for the Fury Impaler! This could be the beginning of the end!

Blyss makes it back to her feet and turns towards Gordon, and he charges out of the corner look for his signature spear, but just before impact Blyss throws a lightning fast right knee to jaw, and Gordon crashes to the mat!

Matt – Holy shit! What a counter! Blyss just floored Gordon with the BKO!

Johnny – This match could be over
!

Blyss goes down and flips Gordon over for the cover, but stops just before she does. She notices Gordon isn't moving. At all. His eyes are closed, he body is completely limp. Blyss's eyes go wide as she shakes him by his shoulders.

Blyss Lockhart
Gordon?

She shakes him again, harder this time, and Gordon still doesn't move. Tears start to well in her eyes.

Blyss Lockhart
GORDON!

Still no response from Gordon as Blyss holds her hands over her mouth, the tears start streaming down her face. She gets up and turns around to tell the ref to call off the match, but as soon as she turns her back, Gordon comes to life, shooting up to his feet, before jumping in the air and grabbing Blyss's head, Slamming her neck into Gordon's knee as she whiplashes from the impact!

Matt – Dread Spike! Dread Spike connects!

Johnny – What a dick move! He was playing possum to make Blyss upset and throw her off her game, and Gordon capitalized on it big time!

Gordon hooks both legs as the ref counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding, Ding, Ding!]

Heather Thompson – Here is your winner... Gordon Fuuuurrrrrrryyyyyy!

“Honest Eyes” blasts through the arena again as Gordon gets his hands raised, and with the usual cheers from the crowd comes a few boos, obviously not approving of Gordon's method.

Johnny – Well Gordon did the get the win after that hard fought match, but this has got to put some strain on their relationship.

Matt – Gordon's mind is one thing: The World Title, and so it should be. He did what he had to do, and he picked up the win. THAT'S what matters.

Gordon looks at Blyss and takes a step towards her, but rethinks he actions and hangs his head instead. Blyss looks distraught as suddenly the lights go out. The lights come back on and the masked man seen around Gordon is standing above the ring in the rafters.

Matt - Who in the hell?

The lights go back out and despite the camera flashes everything is pitch-black darkness. The lights come back on once again and the man in the mask is at the foot of the entrance ramp pointing at Gordon Fury. Everyone is buzzing as the lights cut off once more.

Johnny - Someone fix the damn lights!

Again the lights hit back on and right in front of Gordon Fury stands the man in the mask…He stares into Gordon’s soul and then acts as if he’s about to strike Gordon. The lights turn off and back on for a final time leaving Gordon in the ring by himself looking around in shock.

Johnny - I don’t know who he is but it’s obvious he has a problem or something with young Gordon Fury.

Matt - Maybe he didn’t like how Gordon took advantage of Blyss there. Who knows? I’m intrigued that’s to say the least.

Johnny - I’m sure we’ll find out! Goodnight from Anaheim!

The IWF logo splashes across the screen as we fade to black leaving the crowd a buzz and still talking about the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend   Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds 78: Farewell to a Legend
Page 1 of 1