Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor Empty
PostSubject: Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor   Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:22 am

The MAIN EVENT of the night! Champion versus Champion!

IWF Champion Ethan Cage takes on Uprising Champion Sah'ta Thor who's win streak came to an end last week. Both men are primed and ready for a violent encounter. This should be a good one folks.
Back to top Go down
Sah'ta Thor

Sah'ta Thor

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-0-3
Alignment: In Between

Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the Cage   Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:47 pm

~*~*~*~*~Symbols~*~*~*~*~

It had been an interesting week. One that had lead to the end of his undefeated IWF singles streak. Yet, for that loss he felt that he had walked out of Battlegrounds as the winner. He had moved his goals forward and in doing so was that much closer to his true intentions. Though he suspected that many other were shocked and confused about the way he had brought Storming Raven into the Empire of Blood. The truth of that ceremony would shock most people and that was worth holding on to.

"Nate are you sure you did the right thing tonight?"

He looks over at the man who had been waiting for him after the show. The man was a long time friend and knew the way Thor's mind worked. Darrin Manson had been a wrestler himself and knew that perception was a large part of the business.

"I know exactly what I did. I gave a broken man a new beginning. I gave him the means to visualize the new stage of his life. Never underestimate the power of symbols Darrin. The use of symbolism has played a major part in quite a few wars over the years."

"So you think you are at war?"

"Of course I do Darrin. I am at war with the end of my career and the deep seated desire to be doing something to make me immortal in the eyes of world. If it takes a war to do it then so be it my friend. In the end it is about creating a lasting legacy and I think I made people take notice of me last week. So what if Storming Raven and I lost last week? In the end that only poses to be a minor set back along the road to the top. I did what I needed to do in order to get him out of his funk and next week I am sure he will prove to the world that he can win again. As for me, I got distracted tonight and it cost me when I could least afford it."

"One of these days you will be caught up in something you can't manipulate to your advantage. What will you do then?"

As Thor shift the Uprising Championship to his other shoulder he merely smiles.

"When that finally happens Darrin then that will mean I have trained up a talent worthy of being the heir to my legacy."

"What about your own children Nate?"

"What about them? They have each formed their own legacy outside of what I could teach them. What I was talking about is a new untested kid in the business. With my retirement approaching next year I have already been looking for someone I can pass my mantle to."

"We can talk about that later man. Right now I think Sal would kill me if I took up more of your time tonight. Go be with your wife and kids we can finish this later."

Thor laughs at that knowing his friend was more than likely right.

~~~

"Daddy you lost."

These are the first words spoken by to Thor as his adopted daughter Isabella tack hugs him. Her tone was similar to that of a parent scolding a child.

"That I did Isabella, that I did."

He hugs her back and smiles handing her the IWF Uprising Championship so she could hold it for a bit. He turns to look at his wife with a smile.

"What did you think Sal?"

Sal laughs and pulls her husband in for a hug.

"I can honestly say that was the best wrestlin’ match I’ve seen all year.”

He returns the hug and chuckles.

"Thank you Dear. So what did you think of the show overall?"

Sal glances at their children with a knowing look.

"Seemed grand from the bits of it I actually got to pay attention to. D’you get to catch any of the other matches?”

"Most of them anyway. You know how it is on either end of your match. Did you catch any of the segments?"

She nods, remembering from her own wrestling days the whirl of stress and butterflies that came either side of a match.

"I saw that Stormin’ Raven’s in the fold now.”

She had felt that the blood was an excessive touch, but then her husband had always been a showman.

"That he is and just the first to join if the behind the scenes work I have been doing pays off. I inducted Storming Raven in a way that he needed. Sure I will admit there was some impressive symbolism tonight but it was for him. So how did the kids like the show?"

"I loved it Daddy. When can I come to another show?"

"We’ll see, if you’re good.”

Sal and Nate exchange a smile.

"Kayla slept through most of it, to be honest. Soreno was more interested in the building an’ the ring ropes an’ that, I think. I think Ivan and Loren liked it, didn’t you?”

The boys nod their agreement. Isabella was definitely the wrestling nut among the children; the twins were really too young to understand it, and while the older boys enjoyed it, Isabella spent far more time watching wrestling than them. She took in all kinds of promotions, while they mainly only watched the places their dad was or had been. For that matter, Isabella was also the one who took the most interest in Sal’s fashion business. She had a very inquiring, involved mind.

"Doesn't surprise me really, what with Kayla being the one who could sleep through anything. I am glad everybody had a good time even though you had to watch me lose out there. Remind me what your plans are for the week. Oh where are the twins?"

Nate sits down and smiles watching as Isabella carefully polished the IWF Uprising Championship with washcloth.

”Katie’s got ‘em in her room for a wee bit. Last I saw they were playin’ with her wains. Once we’re back in Colorado I need to go and see Lauren about... that thing.”

She winks at Nate, making sure Isabella, Ivan and Loren can’t see it.

"An’ then I’m to see Jericho at some point, about... you know, that thing he’s tryin’ ta set up? Aye. Oh, need ta call Ollie Queen at some point too, don’t let me forget that.”

"Gotcha. All I know is that I have to be up in Portland by the end of the weekend for the next show."

”Cool cool. Well I’ve only got odd days away, mostly. San Antonio and Pittsburgh for like a day each, maybe Vegas if I can get hold of Ollie. Then Amy’s thirtieth of course, that’ll be in... prob’ly Manchester? I’ll let you know once I know, in case you’re comin’. But yeah, that aside. I’m going nowhere for the next few weeks. Miwa might be flyin’ out to stay with us, we’ll see.”

"Sounds good. Just trying to get a feel for this week's plans."

She nods.

”Well basically, whenever I’m around this week, I’m free, so... if you got stuff you need me to take care of, I can do that.”

"All I know for sure is that I am facing the current IWF World Champion Ethan Cage in a Champion vs Champion match in the Main Event. Which means I will have to do something during the week to promote the event."

"Okay, well, I don’t know much about the scene right now, obviously, but if you wanna hand on the creative side, lemme know.”

"Thanks I will probably need it. Since I am not entirely sure what I can say about my opponent that hasn't been said multiple times before. Though you know me, I will figure something out."

"Aye. Mind my approach to things like that, another big star with no particular beef, was just to hype it up as a great match...”

She smiles a little, fully aware that while she was generally very live-and-let-live about wrestling, her husband is the type to always have dozens of schemes in motion at once.

"I know Love. I just need to make sure tonight's loss isn't the first in a downward spiral. Besides beating the current World Champ would do me good."

"Daddy don't make me have to beat you in the ring."

Isabella's interjection causes Nate to smirk slightly as he looks over at her. He knew she was already a handful in the ring due to all the training she was getting from the extended family.

Sal wasn’t pleased with the idea of her daughter getting into the wrestling business, but was aware that it was pretty much inevitable at this point.

”I told you you could only come to another show if you were good. Threatening to beat up your daddy is not being good.”

"Oh, but mam!”

"C’mon, anyway, give dad his title back so he can put it away, and get ready for bed.”

He chuckles slightly and takes back the Uprising Championship and then sets it to the side on top of his duffle bag. He knew his adopted daughter was going to be a handful in the years to come. He felt proud of what she had overcome and knew that she was stronger than anyone really knew.

"Isabella it is time to go to get ready for bed. We will talk about that match of ours later."

Isabella slowly gets up and very reluctantly leaves the room.

”That means you too.”

Sal nods to Loren and Ivan, who look like they might protest for a moment, then think better of it and follow after their sister.

Thor smiles at Sal as he shakes his head slightly.

"I remember when I was that age. Now I am just about need to take a nap in the afternoon to make it through the night. I know it is a side effect of aging and the hard life style I live."

He smiles slightly.

"Any plans for tonight Darling?"

"Ah, yeah, actually. There’s this guy I was thinkin’ of maybe havin’ a romantic evening with. Bottle of wine, maybe some ice cream and a movie? Or listenin’ to some music, perhaps. But he might’ve had other plans, I dunno... I hear his wife’s in town.”

"That sounds awesome. Only addition I can think of is breaking out my pipe and getting rid of some of the achiness. Of course, that means we have to wait until the kids head to bed."

Sal smiles.

”I didn’t really want them around all night anyway. I’ll just have a wee bit, mind. Don’t wanna get too fucked in case one of us has to get up in the night.”

"I know what you mean Hun and trust me, I just need a bowl or two to loosen up."

”Oh god no, yeah. I don’t blame you after an epic match like that. Anyway, I intend to get properly, properly, skullfucked munted at Amy’s thirtieth so I better limit the gettin’ drunk an’ stoned before then.”

He chuckles and stands up slowly to go check on the kids. Meanwhile Sal crosses to the fridge and lifts a bottle of Pinot noir out to stand on the side, uncorking it to let it breathe.

~*~*~*~*~Meanings~*~*~*~*~

It had been an interesting few days to say the least. He had been home with his wife and kids enjoying life. Yet, work still called and he had to address his upcoming main event match. Though in reality the match was only part of what he wanted to talk about. So he was in his office sitting behind his desk ready to address the world. It was a setup that had long been in place and had worked well in the past. After all, there was a camera system installed in the wall facing the desk.

"Greetings IWF, as many of you know I am facing Ethan Cage in a Champion vs Champion match on Battlegrounds 75. Yet, before I talk about that match I have a few things I want to talk about. Namely, what the Empire of Blood is all about. You see it has come to my attention that some people think that I am running a cult or some such nonsense. Well let me ask you a couple of questions. Can you name the substance that flows inside every human being on the planet? Or can you name the fluid that is said be mixed into the mortar of every great civilization? If you said blood than you would absolutely be correct. That is right everybody has it and great societies are built by the shedding of blood. If you don't believe me then look through history and see how much blood has been spilled birthing a nation."

Thor stops speaking for a moment as he lets his words sink into those who might be listening. After a moment he smiles as he takes a breath.

"Now according to the Merrium Webster online dictonary one of the definitions of the word empire is asss follows; something resembling a political empire; especially : an extensive territory or enterprise under single domination or control. For anyone out there who is not sure what that means I am going to clarify that for you. I have taken a group of otherwise unwanted people and forged them into a unified organization that happens to be one of the most successful businesses of the lasst decade. You see people I don't enjoy people assuming that just because I do things one way that I am am an evil man. No if anything I am just a man who understands that I have to things that others might consider to be evil to accomplish my goals."

Another pause occurs as Thor grins in amusement. He was about to drop a huge bomb and hoped that people would understand his point of view.

"I have to ask you this, who has the IWF universe been talking about since Homecoming? Who has been making an impact in the IWF week in and week out? It sure as hell hasn't been the IWF World Champion Ethan Cage? A man who got his ass kicked at Homecoming to lose the IWF World Championship then had the belt handed back to him the next week due to Molly's injuries. Oh and how can I forget to mention that the Champ has his ass handed to him by Griffin Hawkins at Isolation. Oh that is right, we aren't supposed to recall just how pathetic our World Champion is. We aren't supposed to realize that Ethan Cage is a sorry waste of roster space. I don't know what I can say to fully express my disgust at the fact that Ethan is walking around as the IWF World Champion when he has done jack shit to deserve holding it. Well I intend on showing the world that the IWF doesn't need him as the champion."

Another pause occurs as Thor smiles in amusement. He had another matter to address in regards to the week before.

"Last week we all saw my loss to the new Hi Impact Champion Sheyanne Successful. Many would like to say that the losss shows my true colors in the ring as a loser. Oh, I have to admit that I did lose last week but as much as Sheyanne what's to gloat about it but let me deflate that ego trip a bit. I am going to be honest here when I say that I beat myself last week. I went into that match with my mind cluttered and my emotions all out of whack. Which as we saw led to my defeat. I am not saying that Sheyanne is a talentless competitor, far from it actually. I know full well how good she is in that ring. However, I know that I have the experience edge that shouldn't have failed me last week. So with that being said I look forward to a rematch with Sheyanne in the future to see how things turn out when I am focused on the match."

He slowly stands up and moves around the desk with a self assured strut with the IWF Uprising Championship around his waist.

"Let's be honest here shall we? I beat Alexander Remington and I more than likely ended Ace Static's career. Now with that being said I have to face off against the IWF paper World Champion Ethan Cage. I will beat him this week and frankly show why he is a joke. Until then remember that times are changing."

With that he walks out of the room as the video cuts off. He had said what he needed to and felt confident that his upcoming match would be his to win.
Back to top Go down

Ethan Cage [vs.] Sah’ta Thor
Page 1 of 1