Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax Empty
PostSubject: Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax   Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 am

The two impressive new superstars of IWF go head to head!
Back to top Go down
Zeven Zion

Zeven Zion

PostSubject: Re: Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax   Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:40 pm

The camera catches Zion with an overhead shot, seconds after his win last week over Lluvia Luna. The artist formerly known as "The Killjoy" is inches away from the curtain separating the beautiful world of professional wrestling with the ruggid world of dusty backstage steel chairs and desks. Zion shoves the curtain away as the shot moves rightways, getting his profile and a hopeful look in his eyes.

His eyes dart across the room in desperate hope of catching someone who will look back at him and comment on his performance. Unfortunately, all the crew members are rushing left and right and the wrestlers are either warming up or enjoying a small chat. Whatever their current business is, no one backstage cared to even glance at Zion, let alone talk to him. Chances are no one even knew there was a match going on.

Zion's eyebrows slowly lower themselves in a natural state and his mouth shuts close as he realizes what has happened.

Zeven Zion: Great. Not only am I athletic, I'm also invisible. Gee, I have to go home now and make my suit. What's up with these people? I did … alright. I don't see them pulling off that Shooting Star press like a boss. Ugh … just mosey on, man.

After years of Zion getting his ass kissed by entire rosters and management for every single thing he does, now he finds himself in a company that really couldn't care less about what he did. Surely they know who he is, Zion was a big player in the industry, but he is far from the status he had back when he was a big deal. At this point, he's yet another has-been who's trying to relive his glory days, and people see right through that. Zion does too, make no mistake about it. The silver lining in his struggle is that Zion's not in his mid 40's. Zion is in his early 20's and his body can still go. All he needs is his mind to start working as it used to and his heart in the right place.

We switch to a shot of the parking lot outside of the Energy Solutions Arena in Utah. Most of the cars have already come and gone and the only vehicle standing there all alone is Zion's good 'ol Ducati Diavel. The only piece of property he didn't get taken away or set on fire. As he makes his way through the darkness, his eyes begin to adjust and his bike becomes more clear. As he finally gets to it, he notices that someone is leaning on it with his back turned to Zion.

Zeven Zion:  Who the hell is this?

Mysterious Man: You sound angry.

Zeven Zion:  It's because your ass is touching my bike. Tell me who you are …

Mysterious Man: Don't you mean, who we are?

Just then a bunch of men emerge from the surrounding darkness, making a circle around Zion. They're all wearing formal, white suits, however the one distinct feature they have is a mouthless and eyeless black mask covering their entire heads, with a white "?" question mark at the front.

Zeven Zion: What in the world?

Finally the mysterious man turns around and reveals his face and appearance. Unlike the rest, he is wearing a red suit and his mask has an exclamation mark on it, instead of a question mark.

Zeven Zion:  What is this? The Punctuation Gang? What are you gonna do? Throw commas at me?

Mysterious Man: Funny. You can simply call us … The Syndicate.

Zeven Zion:  Oh, great. Beautiful. First I lose everything I ever love, except for that bike you just covered with your ass print, and now I'm being chased around by a bunch of dorks. Look, I appreciate your sense for the dramatic but try the next wrestler that comes out that door. There is nothing you can offer me so keep it movin', alright?

Mysterious Man: We're not offering you anything. At least, not for free.

Zeven Zion:  … then spit it out! What are you selling? Bibles?

Mysterious Man: Not quite. We're offering you success. We're offering you connections, money, property. A lot of the things you used to have a while back. Instead of working for it again, we're willing to … lend them to you at a small price.

Zeven Zion: … what's the price?

Mysterious Man: The IWF World Heavyweight Championship.

Zeven Zion:  You're messing with me, right? An organization that has access to money and connections, wants a wrestling belt. This has to be the funniest thing I've heard in years.

Mysterious Man : The Syndicate has been … sponsoring talented fellows such as yourself for years. Don't think even for a second you're the only person on our list. You're not that special.

Zeven Zion:  So you go around doing … what exactly?

Mysterious Man: We handpick individuals from a plethora of wrestling companies and make sure they end up with World Championship gold around their waists, no matter what.

Zeven Zion:  What do you get out of it?

Mysterious Man: The lion's share of the money you earn. Media appearances, commercials, wages. Any revenue stream for you goes directly to us, with you getting only the scraps.

Zeven Zion:  PHA! Are you insane? Who would agree to all of this?

Mysterious Man: You would. You're not in It for the money or the houses. You're in it for your precious fans and for yourself. You want that Championship as much as we do because it'll help you live with yourself. Money has never been important to you. You've lived on the streets all your life and now you live in a dump. You couldn't care less. You want status and the World Championship brings just that.

We, on the other hand, want money. Lots of it. We help you get and keep the belt, you help us with our agenda. It's that simple, it works every time.

Zeven Zion:  "Every" time. Who the hell have you "sponsored"?

Mysterious Man: Who's the one man you dreamed of being? Who's the one man you dreamed of BEATing? Who's the one man who defined your existence in FCW? Who's the man whose stardom and status you rival? Think about it, and go ask him yourself.

Our offer stands if you change your mind.

Zeven Zion:  How the hell am I going to find you freaks if I do?

Mysterious Man: We'll find you.

A day has passed and Zion is already on his way to Arizona, speeding through the highway on his trusty bike. As the camera is following him tearing through the air, we get a few fast flash backs of the words of the alleged leader of "The Syndicate". Zion is thinking about what he said and how it sounds rather logical, while still remaining insane. He's starting to lose his grasp of the bike and the focus on the road and pulls over in order to gather his thoughts.

As soon as the Ducati comes to a stop, Zion hops off of it and takes off his helmet, dropping it on the ground. The camera shoots him from the back as he has his arms on his hip, looking into the distance.

Zeven Zion:  Why? Why is it that I always insert myself in these whacky situations which are seemingly for my best? What's this crazy luck that I have? All I want is to start over. All I want is to wrestle my way up the card, beat people and hopefully find "it" again. And you know what? Until 24 hours ago it all seemed perfect. Yes, I'm broke, yes I'm a shell of my former self but damn it, it made sense for just a second. Then the second went by and now I have The Syndicate after me.

Why am I worried? Well, let's just say I might have heard of them. Three years ago, Paul Hunter and I shut Fusion Championship Wrestling down after discovering their dirty laundry. Management had been striking deals with people. Deals they shouldn't have. The company was in the crapper yet the flow of cash continued. Where did it come from? I might have a guess now. People earned a lot of money back then for literally no reason. Something was rotten. Could it be them?

Who knows? All I know is that I have a choice to make now, and I fear for my decision. If I want to be a part of this "Syndicate", if I want to go back to the level that I used to be at, I might have to give them a chance and shake hands with the Devil. I certainly couldn't allow them to pick someone else and something tells me that turning them down might have the opposite effect. So, the best course of action from now on is to continue performing at the top of my game which means beating the piss out of Roland Drax.

Zeven turns around and slowly takes his jacket off, looking dead into the camera, and placing it on top of the bike.

Zeven Zion:  Drax, don't think even for a second that what's been going on with me is going to affect me in the slightest. While you were stuck in the indies, getting paid in hot dogs, I was eating lunch ten feet away from a roster of PROFESSIONAL wrestlers trained to cripple me. That's your thing, right? You're that indy sensation everyone's talking about. A hot signing. Or so they say. Looking at your track record in IWF, the only hot thing about you has been the steaming pile of cow shit you call hype. Let's review that for a second, let's anally probe your career. It won't take long.

Much like me, you have some useless victories over useless individuals with useless careers. Pinning their shoulders to the mat for three seconds means absolutely nothing. It means a lot to you since this is your first time performing in front of more than ten people at a Costco parking lot, but it means nothing to me. The other times you faced off against someone, you either ended up losing or earning a hardly fought cheap-ass win. You know what I'm talking about, Sally. You got your skinny little ass handed to you on a silver platter by Aries, and you managed to score a win in a tag match only because one of the team members decided to pick up his toys and high tail it out of there.

Other than that, the only "phenomenal" thing about you is the fact that your spine is still intact, because you would think some of these mighty PROFESSIONAL wrestlers would've snapped it like a twig by now. Silver lining for you, friend-o. There's still time.

And now you're put up against me in a match where I have a lot more on the line than you do, whether you realize it or not. I have a creepy organization to impress and a career to remake. You? What do you have on the line? Losing to me ain't gonna be as bad as you think it would. Believe me, many before you have and usually it has led them to live a better life. Outperforming people is my forte, and I do it so well that they rethink their entire strategy when it comes to life. There are plenty of car insurance salesmen out there who used to call themselves my enemy. You can be one of them, too! Imagine having the thrill of owning a semi-prosperous small business! World's your oyster, kid!

I'm sorry, Goomba, I can't allow you to squeeze a win over me. Not now, not ever. I've been to a place where few men have and I want to get back there. A lot of people yearn of "making it", but very few actually make it. Even fewer survive it. I survived it, I lived it and I want it again. Looking at you and your two dollar talent I can tell you right now that you're barking up the wrong tree. You're a dog chasing a car. Problem is, you're a mutt and that's a fucking Ferrari. You'll keep chasing, you'll keep running until your hairy little paws are raw, but you'll never catch it.

Better go back to the Indies, picklehead. You're someone there. You can entertain Internet fans around the country and make them spawn post after post in thread after thread about how awesome you could've been. Gather up a following of hipsters who won't like me just because I'm too mainstream, so they'll settle with the bum lookin' dude who does the flipz so well. Do whatever you want to do, but don't cross my path, don't try to stop me because there's a fine line between my good side and my bad side. In either occasion, you'll find yourself looking up at the lights trying to catch your breath as I stand tall with my hand raised in the air. It's just how it goes, it always happens, there are some things that even Indy Royalty can't stop.

I apologize in advance for ruining your little momentum and showing everyone that you're nothing but bush league trash. Actually, I don't. I'll be doing you a favor. Because I'm a swell fucking guy. Suck a pickle, sir.

Zeven smirks and salutes the camera before picking up his dusty helmet off the ground, putting it back on and starting the engine up again. The camera follows as Zion speeds away, leaving nothing but a trail of dust behind him.

Back to top Go down
Roland Drax

Roland Drax

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax   Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 am

PROLOGUE

Roland Drax fought valiantly & ultimately regained most of what Aries Armadaist had stripped from him a few weeks ago. His pride & honor restored after securing victory against the egotistical Jason Ginyu. The smear campaign Ginyu led against Roland proved to be unfruitful. Despite still suffering from the head trauma & experiencing further blood loss during the bout, Drax defeated Jason in a brutal & competitive contest. Roland Drax was able to close a very early chapter in his career. Ragnarok is now looming over the horizon as all paths lead to Valhalla. Standing in the middle of Drax’s path is another recently signed competitor, Zevon Zion. Roland aims to build momentum leading into Ragnarok but he is assured that Zevon has the same goal in mind. Both of these superstars share similar high octane, stiff striking, & frenzied offenses. Roland Drax will have to push himself even further if he intends to be successful on the path to Valhalla & obtain the prize.  

ACT I

Surrounded by the illumination of several flashing camera lights, Wanda Ferris continues posing for her upcoming spread in the summer edition of IWF magazine. She is wearing a sultry & seductive electric blue bikini that is sure to catch the reader’s attention. Off to the side however is Roland Drax who has no interest in his half nude agents revealing poses. Instead he sits cross legged on top of some equipment & reading the novel, “The Art Of War” by Sun Tzu. Paige Daniels enters the set with pen & notepad in hand. Wanda notices her presence & proceeds to halt the photo shoot momentarily. Ferris’s high heels click against the floor as she approaches Paige & snaps her fingers. Roland sighs & places his book down as he waits for orders from Wanda Ferris.

WANDA FERRIS
Drax hand me my robe.

Roland leans over & grabs her matching color & silk robe off the wall. He tosses Ferris the robe as she passes by him. Drax then proceeds to go back to reading his book. Wanda puts the robe on & ties a knot in the front of it. Paige & her share brief introductions before conducting business.  Daniels readies her pen & proceeds to begin the interview.

PAIGE DANIELS
Wanda Ferris your upcoming spread is scheduled to debut in the July issue of IWF magazine & it must be considered a major accomplishment for yourself so early in your career.

WANDA FERRIS
Accomplishment? The IWF brain trust backstage only made the most logical decision. All these self proclaimed “beauties” in this company should not be bitter that I was chosen to do the spread for the biggest issue of the summer. I assure you that revenue will increase once these photos hit magazine shelves. Displaying this ravishing body of mine to the masses is not an accomplishment however being the most sought after & purchased starlet in Insurgency is truly an impressive feat.

Wanda Ferris smiles & fixes the collar on her robe before attending to her hair. Roland Drax continues to read through his book & pays no attention. He flips through a couple of pages & does not even bother to even look up. Paige Daniels quickly writes down Wanda’s responses in her notes & asks her next question to her.

PAIGE DANIELS
Your client Roland Drax has been impressive since his debut a month ago. Yet there is still this air of mystery surrounded the relationship between yourself & Roland. This partnership is strictly business oriented?

WANDA FERRIS
Roland & I?

Wanda can not even contain herself after such a ludicrously loaded question & giggles out load. She even hangs her head & palms her mouth. Ferris peers over at Roland who’s still solely focused in on his novel. Wanda Ferris turns her head back around to Paige, flips her hair back, & then speaks.

WANDA FERRIS
Allow me to put all those rumors to rest & prevent any fangirls hearts from shattering too. Me & Roland, not a chance. We have & only have had a plutonic business relationship. I am just his agent.

PAIGE DANIELS
Many people would however refer to you as a mastermind. Does Wanda Ferris consider herself to be a mastermind?

WANDA FERRIS
Obviously when a female who’s experienced such success at the rate I have then I must be an evil mastermind or diabolical genius. Why? Is it because I do not display my strengths inside a wrestling ring or in front of screaming audiences. I do not intend to portray myself as a Blyss Lockhart or Tiffani Michaels. Women such as them fade off into obscurity in few years time. Their bodies will eventually crumble, their looks will falter, & their legacies become forgettable. A Blyss Lockhart can be easily replaced by any other blonde who can run the ropes. They are flash in the pan divas. You can not however replace a franchise. Wanda Ferris is a franchise. My legacy will always be remembered in the numerous championships & careers I have crafted. Men will constantly line up to become a “Wanda Ferris Guy.” Roland Drax was an albatross. He was a project that nobody would take. I have turned this hyped independent athlete into the must see superstar in the Insurgency Wrestling Federation. This is the summer of Drax & I have constructed it all. If that makes me a mastermind then yes I consider myself to be a mastermind.

The individual directing the shoot wanders up to Wanda & whispers a couple of sentences in her ear. Ferris nods a few times & motions to him that she will be ready to continue in a few moments. Paige Daniels flips through the pages of her notepad until reaching a relatively blank page. She then follows up Wanda Ferris’s rebuttal with one of her own.

PAIGE DANIELS
Then you must consider your masterminding of the IWF to be successful?

WANDA FERRIS
The IWF was bland & faltering. The competition within this corporation had become dull. The “top tier” talent have blatantly no showed or even walked out on the industry. The only entertainment this audience perceives are falsely portrayed “edgy” individuals who still desperately cling upon the values of the nineties. Then to desperately spike ratings they have signed hardcore junkies to flounder around & bleed out for cheap pops. I have brought excitement & a bite back into Insurgency. Roland Drax brings a level of competition that the IWF desperately needed. The competitors all have had to step up their performance to even compete on Roland’s level. The increased ratings speak for themselves. I have transformed the face of IWF into high octane & momentum fueled entertainment. I have unlocked a realm of possibility that the IWF could have never fathomed. I would consider that a success.

PAIGE DANIELS
You place a lot of confidence in your client. You predict he will victorious against Zevon Zion?

WANDA FERRIS
Zevon Zion owes the resurgence of his career to Roland & me. The political pushers backstage are sadly attempting to capture the same lightning in a bottle that I did. Zevon at a time could of considered himself to be a forerunner & ahead of his time. However Drax has improved upon all of Zion’s shortcoming & I have modeled him to become the face of Insurgency. Zevon Zion is a parasite leeching on Roland Drax’s success in a pathetic attempt to regain his lost glory. Roland will defeat Zion & send his career full speed ahead into obscurity. Excuse me Miss Daniels I have a shoot to finish.

Wanda Ferris removes her silk robe & struts back over to the set. She passes by Roland & throws her robe at him. Drax catches it without even looking up from his novel & lays it down next to him. Paige Daniels unsuspectingly approaches him & gets his interest. Roland Drax picks his head up, closes the book, & places it down. The camera flashes begin going off again as Paige smiles at him. She then asks him a question to be featured in the article she is writing for IWF magazine.

PAIGE DANIELS
Roland how would you describe the influence Wanda Ferris has had on your career & the Insurgency Wrestling Federation.

ROLAND DRAX
Haunting…

ACT II

Roland Drax sits out front of the US Airways Center with his legs crossed & the hood on his jacket pulled up. The sun was setting in the background & the marquee continued to scroll through the several matches booked for this week’s edition of Battlegrounds. Roland faces trailblazer Zevon Zion who placed the foundation for wrestlers such as him to succeed in front of main stream audiences. An individual who The Ogre Of The Western Sea owes his career to. Drax removes the hood & stares into the camera while smirking.

ROLAND DRAX
Most if not all of my career I have been told that I can’t cut it. Roland Drax is insignificant. Roland Drax would never be signed. Roland Drax would never perform in front of a crowd of thousands on national television. Roland Drax could never win against the top tier competition. Roland Drax can never become the face of a mainstream wrestling corporation. Yet I can look over my shoulder & see my name written on the marquee. Then suddenly all those doubters screaming in my ear all disappear. They are nothing more than hollow whispers.

Drax sits up & turns his back towards the camera & faces the camera. He extends his arms outward & embraces the fleeting sunrise. The marquee continues to scroll & then it displays Roland Drax vs Zevon Zion. Roland does not choose to face the camera but continues to speak regardless.

ROLAND DRAX
That is what continues to drive me. It fuels me to compete. It proves to everyone that all my efforts are not futile. I have achieved all the success that was thought impossible for me to obtain. Importantly I have done it my way. No underhanded tactics or backstabbing. Through sheer determination & willpower I achieved the unimaginable. Zevon Zion once exemplified those same values. That was the Zevon Zion I at one time saw as an inspiration. This Zevon Zion is a disgusting shell of a man who has sold out to embrace the ideals of greed & villainy.

Roland lowered his arms back down to his side before slowing turning around to face the camera once more. He peers down at the concrete ground for moments & remains silent. Drax then raises his head, strokes his hair back, & continues speaking.

ROLAND DRAX
What do I have on the line? I have everything on the line! Whenever I compete I put everything I have on the line! Have you ever been hungry Zevon? Have you spent countless nights unable to sleep because you don’t know if you’ll be eating tomorrow? These countless nights spent inside the backseat of a station wagon. That was only when I could even afford a used junker to lay my head. Restlessly tossing & turning underneath a cold bridge can strengthen a man’s character. My career has been a struggle not just for a job or a contract. I struggled to survive as I lived off meal scraps & eighty dollar paychecks. That’s only if I got paid for that show. Do not ever claim that I do not have a reason to compete. I will go to war before I return to that life.

Roland Drax stares intently into the camera. His face displays the seriousness of his words. Roland’s breathing grows heavy as his expression grows more intense. Drax in a stern voice speaks once again.

ROLAND DRAX
Zevon Zion I do not what this Syndicate has promised you but is it worth it? Is turning on everything you once stood for worth it? Is losing your soul worth it!? I could at one point praise your legacy & the impact your career had on me & the Insurgency Wrestling Federation. I owe my career to you. That Zevon Zion however is buried & this incarnation is spitting on its grave. I can not allow you or The Syndicate to claim ownership of the IWF. I have no other choice but to put you down before the IWF can be conquered. Roland Drax. The Big Boss Of California. The Green Knight. The Oni From The Far East. The Ogre Of The Western Sea. Full…Speed…Ahead!

END
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax   Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zeven Zion [vs.] Roland Drax
Page 1 of 1