Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hospital Visit - End of an Era

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Hospital Visit - End of an Era Empty
PostSubject: Hospital Visit - End of an Era   Hospital Visit - End of an Era I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am

††††††††††††††††† Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 †††††††††††††††††

Anna: "So what really happened?"

Brandon looked at Anna, who was sitting across from him on the couch.

Brandon: "I told you. I went to Heaven. I talked to God. I realized what I needed to do, and I was reborn"

Anna: "So now, you're like, a religious guy?"

Brandon: "I was told that I'm the Second Coming of Christ"

Anna: "I'm sorry Brandon, but you know how ridiculous that sounds? I mean, how do you know it wasn't all just a crazy dream?"

Brandon: "It was one of those things. You can just tell, you know? I knew it was real, all of it, talking to my grandfather, talking to Zach, then to Brenton. It was all real"

Anna: "Well, it's a little hard to understand. Forgive me for not quite getting it all. But just promise that you won't go crazy or anything"

Brandon: "I promise. I know what I'm doing"

Anna: "Okay. Are you going to wear robes around everywhere? Because it was cool when you were on TV, but I really hope you don't walk around the street with flowing robes"

Brandon laughed.

Brandon: "No, I won't wear robes everywhere. It's more of an effect than anything. I don't need a robe to be holy, I just need my mind and my spirit. I won't embarrass you like that Anna"

Anna got up off the couch and walked over to him and sat down in his lap. She smiled and kissed him.

Anna: "I'm so glad you took me back"

Brandon: "I didn't take you back. You took me back. I should be glad at you, not the other way around"

Anna: "Well maybe we can both be glad for each other"

Brandon: "I think that's a great idea"

Brandon slowly stood up from the couch. He grabbed Anna and lifted her up with him.

Brandon: "I have to go see Alison"

Anna: "That's something you have to do alone, isn't it?"

Brandon: "It would make everything a lot easier"

Anna: "Of course. I'll just stay at home."

Brandon: "Thank you Anna. I'll be back soon"

Brandon kissed Anna quickly, before walking out the door of the house. He walked over to where his car was parked, and sat inside. He waited a moment and thought to himself. Was this the right thing to do? Of course it was. Alison needed to know what he had seen, what he had heard. He was certain that she was devastated by the loss of Brenton. And he needed to explain how things between the two of them were going to be.

Brandon started up the car and pulled out of the driveway and onto the road. He drove down towards Alison's house. He watched as people walked by in the warm Miami weather. Brandon had a brand new outlook on life, and he loved it. Having been resurrected, he knew the importance of life, and how quickly it could be taken away. These people who walked by, jumping in front of cars as jokes, skateboarding around dangerously, they had no idea. Until you truly experience death, you have no idea of what it means.

Brandon arrived at Alison's house and pulled into the driveway. He hopped out of his car and walked over to the door. He knocked once. He heard movement inside, and Alison swung open the door.

Alison: "Brandon!"

Alison hugged him tightly, as he hugged her back. He smiled.

Brandon: "How are you Alison?"

Alison: "I'm okay. How are you? Happy to be alive?"

Brandon: "Ecstatic. I've never felt better my entire life. How have you been coping?"

Alison: "It's been...it's been hard. Brenton meant everything to me. I just can't believe that he's gone"

Brandon: "Neither can I. It was so sudden. I am so sorry Alison"

Alison: "It's okay. So how is Anna?"

Brandon: "Do you really care to know the answer, or are you just attempting to be polite?"

Alison: "I don't really care that much. I just wanted to be polite"

Brandon: "Well thank you for being considerate Alison. I didn't think you had it in you"

Alison: "I'm a nice girl"

Brandon: "Indeed. Anyways. I have to talk to you about something. Can we sit down?"

Alison: "Yeah sure."

Alison led Brandon over to the couch in her living room. They sat down, facing each other. Brandon looked at her.

Brandon: "So as you probably have already guessed, I cannot be with you any longer"

Alison: "Yeah, I figured as much. I was really sad"

Brandon: "And as was I. But my heart is with Anna now, as it always should have been. I hope you understand. The love I share with Anna is stronger than the love I share with any other person. I am sure you have felt the same connection with Brenton"

Alison: "You're right. I always loved him. But I really liked you"

Brandon: "I know. I did also. But you must know that I was not totally myself. I was very depressed. You are an amazing girl Alison. You just aren't the one for me. And I don't think I am the one for you either"

Alison: "I thought I could see a bit of Brenton in you. I wanted you to be like him"

Brandon: "But no one could be like Brenton. No one can replace him. And you will just have to live with that. We lose people in our lives. But those losses can only make us stronger. Brenton would not have wanted you to be sad your whole life. In fact, he didn't want you to be"

Alison: "Yes he did. Brenton hated me"

Brandon: "No he didn't"

Alison: "He did. He told me so the day he died. He was yelling at me. There wasn't any love there."

Brandon: "Alison, there is something I have to tell you. When I died, something happened. Something that I can't explain"

Alison: "What?"

Brandon: "I had a vision. But it wasn't a dream, it was real. I was in Heaven. I was talking to God. To my family and friends who had died a long time ago. There was someone else there. Someone that I didn't expect to be there, but he was"

Alison: "Brenton"

Brandon: "You got it. We had a long talk. He was reluctant at first, but in the end, he was accepting of death. He embraced it. You know why?"

Alison: "Why?"

Brandon: "Because of you. He wanted to help you, watch over you, protect you. Because he loved you Alison. He told me himself. It took some work, but in the end, he admitted it. He told me that he loved you more than anything, he was just scared to admit it. He was afraid that you didn't love him as much as he loved you."

A few tears began to fall from Alison's eyes. Brandon reached over and wiped them.

Brandon: "He told me that he would watch over you forever. That he would make sure that nothing bad ever happened to you. He's here with us right now Alison. Watching over you."

Alison: "I....I can feel him"

Brandon: "I know you can. Don't you see Alison. He'll always be with you. No matter what is happening, you'll always have Brenton there with you now."

Alison: "Oh Brenton!"

Alison began to sob even harder. Brandon grabbed her and hugged her, letting her rest her face on his shirt. He could feel the tears soaking through to his skin underneath.

Brandon: "You must stay strong Alison. It's what he wanted."

Alison: "I...I know. It's just so hard to hear these things"

Brandon: "You believe me don't you?"

Alison: "It's h-h-hard to. B-but, I do. I d-do believe you Brandon"

Brandon: "I know you do. I could sense it. Trust me Alison. You have to let go. Move on. Brenton wants you to. I want you to. You need to be happy again. Do what you do best. It's what he wants you to do. Just never forget his memory"

Alison: "I know. I can do it. I just need a bit to think"

Brandon: "I know. I have some urgent matters to attend to. Are you going to be okay Alison?"

Alison wiped her eyes and sniffled.

Alison: "I'll be fine. I just need to think."

Brandon: "Ali, if there's ever anything you need, do not hesitate to ask me. I promised Brenton that I would look after you if you ever needed any help. So please, just remember, I'm always here if you need it Alison. You let me into your life, and I am forever grateful for it."

Alison: "Thanks Brandon. I was glad you came into my life"

Brandon: "Remember Alison. I'll always be here for you"

Brandon smiled and hugged Alison one last time. He turned around and waved goodbye, before walking back into his car. He had to go meet a friend. Brandon started the car, and drove off down the street, towards Jackson Memorial Hospital.

He arrived after a short drive, parked his car, and hurried into the hospital. He walked up to the front desk clerk.

Brandon: "I'm here to visit a patient"

Clerk: "Can I get your name?"

Brandon: "Brandon Macdonald"

Clerk: "And who are you going to see?"

Brandon: "Nick Ridicule"

The clerk began typing on her computer quickly. She glanced at the screen.

Clerk: "He's in room 423B. Take the elevator to the fourth floor, go right, fifth door on the left, if I remember correctly"

Brandon: "Thank you very much ma'am"

Brandon turned and walked over to the elevator. He pushed the fourth floor button and waited for it to move. It slowly began to rise, before lurching to a halt. The lights turned off. Brandon tried to press the call button, but heard nothing. He sighed. He closed his eyes and raised his arms in the air. The elevator suddenly whirred to life, and began to move again. Brandon opened his eyes as the doors opened. He walked onto the fourth floor, and found the room he was looking for. He walked inside, and smiled at the man sitting in the bed.

Nick: "Brandon! Buddy, what's going on?"

Brandon: "Just thought I'd pay a friend a visit"

Nick: "I can't tell you how glad I am to see you. I've been so fucking lonely here in this hospital."

Brandon: "How are you feeling?"

Nick: "Like shit. But I'm getting better. Doctor says I gotta be here for a month or so. But it's not bad, I get free shit, and like, every satellite channel. Plus, Arianny comes to visit a lot, so that helps"

Brandon: "So the two of you are finally together?"

Nick: "Yeah, we've been hanging out for a few months. I finally asked her out once I had moved on from Ashley. It took a lot longer than I thought"

Brandon: "Do you still talk to her?"

Nick: "Ashley? No. Do you?"

Brandon: "Sometimes. I was told she visited while I was in a coma"

Nick: "What a bitch"

Brandon: "Well, I am in no position to judge her. She hasn't wronged me in any way"

Nick: "I suppose"

Brandon: "So. When will the IWF see the great Nick Ridicule heroically return from his injuries and extract his revenge on the parasites that call themselves Se7en?"

Nick: "They're not"

Brandon: "Never?"

Nick: "Never"

Brandon was taken aback. He looked at Nick

Brandon: "Your serious aren't you?"

Nick: "I've never been more serious in my life"

Brandon: "I can tell. You've thought about this?"

Nick: "It's all I've done. I've talked about with Arianny. With my friends. I just wanted to talk it over with my best friend"

Brandon: "Nick, if it's what you want, then I have no reason to stop you. You've done it all in the wrestling ring. You've been champion multiple times. You were the best wrestler in the world. You've taken more punishment than any person I've ever known."

Nick: "I'm only twenty one. But I just can't take it anymore. That last show, I watched as my life flashed before my eyes. I saw the same men murder Brenton the week before. I thought they were going to do the same to me. I realized that I had so much to live for, besides getting punished week in and week out. I can't take it any more. I'm lucky that I took the precautions I did. Flame-retardant outfit, extra protection. I didn't want to die"

Brandon: "But you faced death. You looked it right in the face, and told it to turn right around. A man does not truly understand death until he comes face to face with it. Both of us have that in common now Nick. We both beat it"

Nick: "I guess you're right. But I don't want to risk it. I'm done wrestling. Besides, I couldn't do anything yet, with these burns and this concussion that I have. I'm perfectly at peace with this decision"

Brandon: "And I respect that. But I also know one thing. Nick Ridicule was born to be a wrestler. Alex Mark was born to be a wrestler. You, my friend, were born to be a wrestler. Do you really want to walk away from it forever?"

Nick: "I have no other choice. I can't compete at the same level that I used to. It just won't happen, with these injuries, and the thought of actually having to leave Arianny. I'm sure you understand, you must feel the same way about Anna"

Brandon: "I do. But I am also a man of faith. So I know that I have God on my side always. Something that you might want to look into. It can do wonders. Trust me"

Nick: "Yeah, I've been thinking about it"

Brandon: "Tell you what Nick. I have an offer to make you. Don't worry, it doesn't involve you coming to wrestle"

Nick: "Okay good. What is it?"

Brandon: "Come join me in the IWF. Be my right hand man. My consultant. My manager. If you don't want to wrestle, at least keep in touch. Be by my side, help me to win. You know every trick in the book. Together we'd be an unstoppable team. We can take down Se7en together. I need you Nick. The world's greatest team that never was."

Nick looked at him. He looked around slowly, and back into his lap.

Nick: "I...I just don't know. Can I sleep on it?"

Brandon: "Of course my good friend. I am in no hurry for an answer. It was just a simple question. I do not care what answer you choose. Whichever you feel is the right one"

Nick: "Okay. I'll think about it. Talk to Arianny. I'll get back to you on it"

Brandon: "Take your time. Really think about it. It can be a tough decision"

Nick: "I will. Are you leaving already?"

Brandon: "I promised Anna that I would go meet her back home now. I'm sorry Nick"

Nick: "That's okay. I'm just glad you showed up. What are best friends for, eh?"

Brandon: "How right you are."

Nick: "You and Anna should come visit sometime when Arianny is here. We could have a mini double date."

Brandon: "I'd love that. I'd love that very much."

Nick: "Alright. Take care BMac. Come visit again soon"

Brandon: "Goodbye Nick. Feel better."

Nick: "I'll try my best"

Brandon smiled and turned around. He walked out of the room, smiling as the nurses walked by. It had been a good day. He had helped two people. Two of his closest friends, to be specific. He was happy. But there was still much more that needed to be done.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Would you look where the roads have led us now

Brandon Macdonald fighting against Ruben Ricardo Leon yet again. A mere few weeks ago, some would say that this match serves no purpose. That the outcome has essentially already been decided. That the typical precedent that this matchup followed would continue to be the same.

That I would again reign victorious over a conquered Ruben.

It has happened before, on many more than just one occasion. In fact, up until a few weeks prior to this moment, I had not once lost to Ruben. He had never been victorious in a match against me, no matter the stipulation, no matter the titles on the line. He could not defeat me, not matter how hard he tried.

But that is not to say he did not put up a fight. I have had to employ some of my greatest gameplans to defeat Ruben. Some of my greatest in-ring performances were against him. I had to be at the very best of my game, otherwise I knew that I stood a chance of losing. Ruben is one of the most underrated stars of the IWF. He can capitalize on any mistake that you make. He truly is one of the greats in this business.

But yet, he just could not seem to defeat me. That is, until a few weeks ago. That's right. Ruben Ricardo Leon beat Brandon Macdonald. And not only did he beat me, he took the IWF Championship away from me. Now I will admit this much. I was not myself for that fight. I was not all there, and it cost me. Now had I been myself, would that have made a difference? I'd like to think it would. But I cannot say for sure. Perhaps the end result would have been identical. Perhaps I still would have lost. I do not like to dwell on past occurrences though. It is time to move on.

After my death, I was reborn. I have a clearer focus on what my life purpose is now. But right now, I only have one thing to focus on. And that is you, Ruben Ricardo Leon.

Ruben, I do not hold you personally responsible for what happened to me. The same thing would have happened if anyone was in your place. Just like the any person would have cashed in their briefcase and won the title from me. You did what I would have done, so I hold no personal grudge against you.

In fact, I respect you Ruben. I've heard that this is your final match. And I also heard that you picked me to be your opponent. And I am truly honoured. To be your final opponent means a lot to me. Because it means that you respect me just as much as I respect you. Ruben, you set yourself goals for your career. And when you came to the IWF, you only had one of those left. And that was to become the Champion of the World. Don't think I didn't know how you felt when you came here. I knew that you were questioning wrestling. I knew that you weren't sure if this was really what you wanted to do still. I knew that you might just call it a career right then and there.

But you didn't. You were stronger than that. Your respect for the game prevailed. You knew that you had but one goal left, and that you had to complete it, or else you'd consider yourself a failure. And you know what Ruben? You stuck it out. You accomplished your goal. All those weeks ago, you beat me for the IWF Championship. You were finally a world champion. Albeit, your reign did not last as long as you might have hoped, it was a reign nonetheless. And I am sure that beating me for the title made that title victory just that much sweeter.

I respect you Ruben. But that does not mean that I'm going to take it easy on you. I am not just going to let you defeat me, so that you can ride out of the IWF on a high note, with another win over the man you spent months unsuccessfully trying to defeat. I will not roll over for you. I'm going to be coming at you with everything I've got.

But I think you already knew that. And I also think you already expected that. We're both professionals. We both know that the other wants to come out, impress the fans, and win every match they can. You knew that I wasn't going to take this match lightly. Just because I have beaten you a significant amount of times more than you have beaten me, does not mean that I can take anything for granted. You are a strong competitor, and I need to bring everything that I've got in order to defeat you.

That being said, I know that my best is just better than your best. It's been proven before. When I'm at my best, you can't beat me. I am a better man than the one you beat a few weeks ago. I am stronger, physically, and mentally. You've seen me at my best, and you cannot beat me when I'm there. Well let me tell you Ruben, I am above and beyond my old best. If you couldn't defeat me back then, you cannot defeat me now. But I expect you to try.

I would not be a true wrestler if I did not bring my all week in and week out. And I know that you expect me to bring the fight to you in your final match. That is why you chose me. Win or lose, this is your night Ruben, and I will not take that from you. It is your night to be remembered, to be loved, to be cheered, in victory or defeat.

Let's put on a show Ruben. Just like the good old days. Let's remind these fans what it was like to see Brandon Macdonald fighting Ruben Ricardo Leon. Let's show them that there's a reason that we fought each other so much.

Because we were the best.
Back to top Go down

Hospital Visit - End of an Era
Page 1 of 1