Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ashley's Visit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Ashley's Visit Empty
PostSubject: Ashley's Visit   Ashley's Visit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Sin

It lives in all of us. From the new born baby, who is born with original sin, to the oldest member of the human race, who has sinned so many times in his or her life that sinning has become almost second nature to them. They say that there are two certainties in life: death and taxes. I think that they forgot to mention the most certain thing of all…Sin.

You can’t avoid sinning, for it is impossible to live your life entirely free of sin. There is an old saying “let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” That saying always makes me laugh. Mostly because, if he without sin casts the first stone, he better be damn sure that he kills he who has sinned. Because you can bet your ass that, if he who has sin gets a chance, he who has sin is going to take out a gun and fucking shoot you right between the eyes.

What makes this entire situation even funnier is that the side that claims to be this “righteous force standing against sin” is being led by a former drug addict and a sadistic clown. Seriously, these two are the ones who are preaching about righteousness and the need for the IWF roster to stand united against Se7en and sin. In all honesty, if you look close enough, you can see that the cornerstone of this new faction, the entire premise upon which this rising faction is based upon, is really nothing more than hypocrisy.

This week on Battle Grounds, Chuck Matthews and I will show the world that Shadow Demon is nothing more than a hypocrite. With him out of the way, my path will be cleared and I will be able to fulfill my true goals:

-Take back MY IWF World Heavyweight Championship
-Wipe Brandon Macdonald from the pages of IWF History once and for all

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ashley's Visit Jessicabanner

June 30th, 2011

Dear Diary,
I thought for sure that things would be better once I gave birth. I mean, with all the hormones racing through me and the pressures of having to watch what I ate and what my mother was telling me was healthy for me and the babies and Corey being gone all the time…I thought to myself “one these kids are born, everything will go back to normal. Just you wait and see”
But nothing has gone back to normal, instead, everything is getting worse and worse. I don’t remember much about the day that I actually physically gave birth to the twins (whom we named Raylyn Paige Casey and Gavin Christopher Casey). The doctors told me that Corey was there just as the twins were being born and I remember him being there…but like, on the way to the hospital and everything, I don’t really remember much at all (the side effects of trauma and REALLY good pain killers I suppose). I was just so emotionally, physically, and mentally overwhelmed after giving birth to the twins that I collapsed in my bed after they were born and slept for what seemed like forever (the doctors told me I slept for 24 hours straight!). I am recovered and am working on losing the rest of this baby weight as of right now…but it’s not the baby weight or my own health/state of mind that I am concerned about.
Corey has been acting…strangely recently. Oh sure he still hangs around the house for a while, helping me with the chores and playing with the twins and such. But like, when he thinks that I’m not looking, I can hear him muttering to himself. He doesn’t talk to himself aloud…but like, he speaks in muttered whispers sometimes…just low enough and mumbled enough that I can’t quite make out what it is that he is saying.
This isn’t a good thing diary. I know Corey well enough to know when something is up with him. I know his past…and I know about the demons and monsters that lurk within his mind. I remember the look in his eye when I first laid eyes on him at Trial By Combat. I remember the soulless pit that was his cold stare as I pounded on the glass of the Live or Die Chamber. I remember the cold feeling of fear that shot down my spine and made my very soul cringe in terror. He was called “The Lord” Corey Casey then…a soulless monster that worked alongside that ingrate Brenton Cyrus in an attempt to spread that demonic religion known as Salvation. Eventually Corey was kicked out of Salvation by Brenton and started teaming up with Charlie. They called themselves “Bad Company” or some such nonsense. Charlie always did have a flare for the dramatic.
Anyways, it was then that I was introduced to the REAL Corey Casey. I wanted to hate him with every fiber of my body when I first met him…I think I might’ve even thrown a drink at him at Chris’ nightclub (Purgatory) the first night Charlie introduced us. But, as I got to know Corey, I got to see the man that was hidden in the shell of the monster. That’s the man I fell in love with…the sweet, kind, caring man that I know would do anything for me. Corey eventually told me about the schizophrenia…he told me about the voices he heard in his head and how they made him do these terrible horrible things. But he also told me that as long as I was by his side, the voices were held at bay and that he could continue to be in control of his own body.
When he first told me he was crazy I mean, I didn’t know what to think. I wanted to run as far and as fast as I possible could away from this lunatic. But, something about him made me stay…something about him made me want to try and help him become a better person. I don’t know, maybe I’m just a sucker for guys that need a little fixing up. Then again, that seems to be a running theme in Matthews women.
The only reason I say that, diary, is because my niece Ashley has been jumping from one damaged guy to the next after getting out of her relationship with that piece of shit Nick Ridicule. Yes, I called Nick Ridicule a piece of shit. Not just because of the things that he did to both my brother and my family…but also because of the things he did to Corey…and the things he did to NLWF in general. I didn’t like or even give a shit about professional wrestling a year or two ago. But, as I continued dating Corey, I began to see the importance of being involved with something that Corey was so passionate about. I began to watch the NLWF shows and PPV’s in an attempt to try and force myself to find that little something special that would spark the love for wrestling within me. That something special was Corey.
Anyways, I am getting off track here. Ashley has been so helpful over the last month or two. She recently got an apartment in Boston…which is great news because she is only one or two T (or as they call them in New York, “subway”) stops down from me, so she can pop over to our apartment any time she likes. Ashley has really been my source of strength over the last month or two…which I know is awful to say since it’s supposed to be my husband, but Corey is always away doing shows with IWF or going to meetings with IWF’s Board of Directors, or whatever else he has going on in his life. Ashley is only part time with the company and, thus, is able to spend a bit more time just hanging out with me and helping me deal with my issues.
I am glad that Ashley got an apartment in the city. Mostly because I know that whatever transpired between her and that scumbag Nick Ridicule…it really drained her in every sense of the word. When she and I first hung out, Ashley was this emotionally fragile and damaged girl…which caught me completely off guard. I remembered her being this spark of energy, this ball of fire…this just whirlwind of ideals and morals and drive. Needless to say, it shocked me to the core to see her turn up on my doorstep crying. She and I have really begun to depend on each other for support recently and we have really developed a strong bond. It kind of blurs the line between the relationship between an Aunt and her niece and the bond between two best friends.
Speaking of Ashley, I can hear her calling my name from downstairs. She wanted to come over and visit the twins and catch up with me. I promise I will write more later diary.

Love

~Jess

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Corey Casey’s Apartment
South Boston, Massachusetts
June 30th

I hear Ashley’s voice ring out from downstairs

Ashley Matthews
Aunt Jess?

A look over at the twins, who are sleeping peacefully for the first time, seemingly, since they were born. Both Raylyn and Gavin were very high energy kids…but both of them already were beginning to develop their own individual, very distinct personalities. I cast one last glance at the twins, who are still sleeping peacefully, before standing up and walking out of their bedroom. I make sure to be extra careful as I pull their bedroom door almost all the way closed. I always felt better with the door to their room was left open a crack, just so I could hear when they woke up. As I am closing the door, I hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stair case behind me

Ashley Matthews
Aunt…

I turn and look at Ashley. I place my right pointer finger over my lips and whisper quietly

Jessica Matthews
Sssshhhhhh

Ashley smiles slightly and nods her head. She then turns and walks quietly back down the stairs. I finish pulling the door almost all the way shut and then head downstairs with Ashley. When we both reach the bottom of the stairs I sigh

Jessica Matthews
Sorry…the twins just fell asleep

Ashley chuckles and shakes her head

Ashley Matthews
How often do they ACTUALLY let you sleep?

I smile slightly. I could tell that I had bags under my eyes from getting up at all hours of the night to go and check on the twins.

Jessica Matthews
Enough I suppose

Ashley and I walk into the living room. Ashley sits on a heavily cushioned love chair while I plop down on the couch.

Jessica Matthews
God…it feels so good just to be able to lie down and not be interrupted

Ashley Matthews
I can only imagine

A knowing look slowly creeps across Ashley’s face as she looks at me. I feel a look of confusion creeping over my features as I return her questioning gaze

Jessica Matthews
You alright?

Ashley Matthews
Yeah I’m fine…I’m just wondering if you aren’t sleeping because of the twins keeping you up…or because of something else

I try to keep my gaze as neutral as possible. Truth be told, I was having trouble sleeping at night because I was worrying about Corey. I shrug my shoulders and try to seem carefree

Jessica Matthews
Honestly, it’s just the twins

Ashley leans forward and rolls her eyes

Ashley Matthews
Come on Aunt Jess…I know you better than that

I sigh again. As I had written in my diary, Ashley and I had grown close over the last month or so. I felt like I could trust her and I could vent to her if I needed too…

Jessica Matthews
Alright…so it’s not just the twins that are keeping me up at night

A nauseated look appears on Ashley’s face

Ashley Matthews
I swear to god if you start to tell me a story about you and Corey fucking…

I laugh and pull myself up into a seated position

Jessica Matthews
Real mature Ashley. No, I’m just worried about his mental status and the whole “Se7en” thing…

Ashley leans back in her chair and a small smile appears on her face. I shake my head as I suddenly remember Charlie giving me that same knowing smile when we were kids. Ashley might be his adopted daughter…but that didn’t mean she didn’t talk and act exactly like him sometimes…

Jessica Matthews
Oh don’t give me that “all knowing Chuck Matthews” smile

Ashley dramatically brings the back of her hand up to her forehead and pretends to be insulted by the comment

Ashley Matthews
Oh dearest Auntie Jessica, your words have wounded me deeply

I grab a pillow off the couch and fling it at Ashley

Jessica Matthews
Oh shut up

Ashley catches the pillow and throws it back at me

Ashley Matthews
In all honesty Aunt Jess…you have nothing to worry about. Corey will be just fine. Think about it…he’s teaming up with Dad again, he’s working alongside his best friend VVR, he has a beautiful wife and two adorable children to come home to every chance he gets…hell, he’s in such a good place right now that he doesn’t even mind that he’s part of a stable that includes me!

Ashley’s last statement catches me off guard. I narrow my gaze questioningly as I look at her

Jessica Matthews
You’re a part of Se7en?

Ashley shrugs her shoulders

Ashley Matthews
OH YOU DIDN’T KNOW?!

I quickly place my right pointer finger over my lips again as my gaze darts towards the stairs

Jessica Matthews
Sshhhh! Why are you yelling?!

Ashley Matthews
Honestly, I thought you knew. Yeah, I am a member of Se7en and Corey seems to be getting along just fine. In fact, he looks better than he has in years…

An uneasy feeling begins to shoot through my body. Did Ashley just say Corey looked good?

Jessica Matthews
Oh does he? I thought you two hated each other more than anything or anyone else on this entire planet?

Ashley Matthews
We do…I’m just saying, physically and mentally, he seems to be acting rationally and it’s positively influencing his career. Honestly, I feel like Se7en is the best thing to happen to Corey since he came out of his coma

Jessica Matthews
I don’t know Ashley…this whole “Se7en” thing feels a bit too much like Salvation to me…

Ashley shakes her head “no”

Ashley Matthews
Aunt Jess I am telling you straight up…this is NOTHING like Salvation. Se7en is a group that is dedicated to just working towards their own common goals and ambitions. Se7en isn’t some sort of religious group of zealots, Se7en isn’t trying to convert people to Sevenism or some other bullshit religion, Se7evn doesn’t have its own incredibly corrupt city built out in the middle of nowhere, and I can assure you that Se7en hasn’t done any sort of kidnapping or mass converting like Brenton and Salvation did to you…

I suddenly have a flashback of being locked in that cold and dank cell all alone. I can almost smell Brenton Cyrus’ scent as he whispers in my ear menacingly:

“Jess…why won’t you just accept me as your God? Why do you refuse to accept Salvation into your life…?”

I quickly shake my head in an attempt to banish the memories from my mind

Jessica Matthews
Still…Ashley…I want you to promise me something

Ashley shrugs

Ashley Matthews
Sure

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to ask Ashley something I knew that she would hate doing but needed to be done. I had to be 110% sure that Corey wasn’t going to revert back to his old psychotic behavior. I had to be sure that Corey wasn’t going to be persuaded by Charlie or VVR or any other members of Se7en to unleash the nightmare that I knew still haunted the darkest corners of his mind.

Jessica Matthews
I want you to keep an eye on Corey for me. I just want you to, you know, kinda monitor his behaviors and look for anything sort of suspicious. I’m just so nervous about him unleashing The Lord and turning back into that psychotic monster that he used to be before I knew him…

Ashley and I sit in silence for a few moments while Ashley mulls the offer over in her mind. I hated to ask her to keep an eye on my fiancé…but I needed to be sure. The way Corey had been acting recently made me think that the monster that haunted his mind was back and was trying to take control…

Ashley Matthews
I promise I will keep an eye on Corey for you Aunt Jess

All of a sudden, the sound of babies crying can be heard from upstairs. A small smile appears on my face

Jessica Matthews
Sounds like the twins are awake

A mischievous grin appears on Ashley’s face

Ashley Matthews
Good…I came over here to see them anyways

I playfully throw the pillow at her again. Maybe things would turn out to be just fine after all…
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Ashley's Visit
Page 1 of 1