Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mac is Back ;)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

The Mac is Back ;) Empty
PostSubject: The Mac is Back ;)   The Mac is Back ;) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 pm

------------ August 21st, 2011 ------------

Brandon walked over to James' bed and sat down beside it. He looked over at Anna and Keagan, who were sitting around him.

Brandon: "How you feelin big guy?"

James: "Better, but still not amazing"

Keagan: "Doctor says he's well on his way to being concussion symptom free. Just give it a few more days of rest"

Brandon: "Well that's good news, isn't it?"

James: "About as good as I can get right now. I took a whale of a head shot"

Brandon: "You certainly did. I bet that took you down some brain levels"

James: "It sure did. But it's not like I was very smart to begin with"

Keagan: "You weren't stupid though....."

James: "True, I guess. I mean, I got you"

Keagan: "That you did"

Brandon: "So when do you think you'll be back on your feet, ready to go?"

James: "Well, I think the doctor said that I'll be okay to leave in three days, right Keags?"

Keagan: "Right-o"

James: "Then I should be back up and running full a few days after that."

Brandon: "That's pretty exciting. I'm glad to see that you weren't too seriously hurt"

James: "Me too. But I've been thinking..."

Brandon: "About wrestling"

James: "How'd you know?"

Brandon: "Brothers just know these kind of things"

James: "Well, yeah. I've been thinking. This concussion really scared me. I mean, I only joined here to keep in shape until the NFL lockout was over. Football is my real love, and I don't want to ruin that. Laying here in the hospital, it really dawned on me. What if I get an injury that ends my football career? Could you imagine how bad that would be, not only on a public level, but a private one too. I don't know how I'd handle myself if I ended my career so early on, because I made some stupid choice to wrestle in the offseason"

Brandon: "It wasn't a stupid choice. You enjoyed wrestling, I enjoyed having you wrestle. However, I understand you completely. If it were me, I would likely be making the same decision. It's a hard one, I know, but one that you must make."

James: "Yeah. I mean, I love it. I just don't think it's the right career choice for me, you know?"

Brandon: "Of course. I'm your family, I have to understand. I'm really glad that you decided to go along with my idea, as far fetched as it seemed at the time"

James: "Hey, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have such a great woman by my side"

Keagan: "Not just any woman either"

James: "So true"

Anna: "What do you mean?"

James and Keagan looked at each other. Brandon smiled. He had a feeling that he knew what was coming next.

James: "Well, the other day, when I was still here, I, well, I"

Keagan: "He proposed to me"

An even bigger smile erupted onto the face of Brandon. He saw Anna almost scream for joy, and jump into Keagan

Anna: "You're getting married?! Oh my god, oh my god!"

Keagan: "Isn't it great!?"

Anna: "I'm so excited. I love weddings!"

Brandon turned towards James, as the girls continued to talk on

Brandon: "Congratulations. Never let her go. Not ever"

James: "Trust me Brandon, I have no intentions of ever letting her go"

Brandon: "Good for you. She's the right one, I can tell"

Anna: "So when is the wedding?"

Keagan: "Well, we weren't totally sure, but we were thinking in a couple of months. We need a lot of time to plan, and to see where James' football career is this season, and all of that"

Brandon: "That is just amazing. Just think Keagan. We'll be brother and sister now"

Keagan: "We've been basically that since we were like, three"

Brandon: "But now it'll be official"

Anna: "I'm just so proud. For both of you. I can't wait"

James: "I'm just so glad that we got into each other's lives. And it was all thanks to you Brandon"

Brandon: "No, I merely helped the two of you set forward something that was already destined to be. I did nothing so monumental"

Keagan: "Either way, we can't thank you enough Brandon."

Brandon: "Please don't. I only do what I know is right"

A nurse walked in the door and looked at Brandon and Anna. She told them that they had to leave, as they needed to run a few tests on James. Brandon turned back towards James and Keagan.

Brandon: "Well, it was just wonderful to see you in such good shape James. And I can't stress enough how happy I am for the two of you. Congratulations."

Anna: "Agreed. You two are the best, and we love you both"

Keagan: "Thanks so much guys, that really means a lot. Thanks so much for coming to visit"

James: "Yeah, I'm glad you did. It gets a little lonely in here"

Brandon: "Well hopefully you won't be here for too much longer. Give us a call when you're out, we'll go for dinner or something"

James: "Will do. Take care you two."

Brandon and Anna waved as they slowly walked out the door. They began to walk down the hospital wing hallway together.

Anna: "Can you believe that they are actually getting married? That's amazing!"

Brandon: [color=red] "I know. I'm so so happy for them though. They both deserve it"

Anna: "It's so true. They've been through a lot, they really deserve each other"

Brandon: "Plus, you get a new little sister"

Anna: "Yeah... I guess"

Brandon: "What do you mean?"

Anna: "Well, you know....the things we've done in the past....and now she's your and my sister....."

Brandon: "Ah yes. Yeah, that's a little strange. But whatever, it's cool, that was a long time ago"

Anna: "It really was, wasn't it? Time certainly flies"

Brandon: "Well, maybe not flies. But looking back, it really doesn't seem that long ago when we were all in high school, destined for much different things."

Anna: "Yeah. No kidding."

Brandon: "Hey, do me a favour Anna? Can you go check us out and pull the car around front? I just saw someone that I need to talk to"

Anna: "Uhhhhh, sure, I guess"

Anna grabbed the keys from Brandon and looked at him funny. He smiled and she turned around and walked towards the other end of the hall. Brandon waited for her to be a good distance away, before turning around and marching into an empty room, and closing the door behind him. He looked into the corner, and stared at the wall

Brandon: "I know you're there. You don't have to disguise yourself"

Suddenly, a white light flashed, and a woman appeared in front of Brandon, with bright wings sprouting out of her back. She had a bright glow about her, as she looked at Brandon with sad eyes.

Jenny: "So it's true. You do know of us"

Brandon: "Of course I do. You were informed correctly"

Jenny: "Well I guess the secret is out then"

Brandon: "Jenny, when did this happen?!"

Jenny: "Three days ago. I was walking home from a night at the bar. I was with a few friends. We were all a bit drunk, but none of us were too bad. We were crossing the road, I was literally a block away from my house. A car sped by. I turned to watch it go, and never saw the other car"

Brandon: "I'm so sorry Jenny"

Jenny: "The driver was drunk, more than twice the legal limit. I never had a chance Brandon. None of us did"

Brandon: "The others. Did any of them make it?"

Jenny: "Only two of the five. Myself and another one of my friends were killed instantly, and the other died on his way to the hospital. The driver was perfectly okay, just some minor scrapes and bruises"

Brandon: "Jenny, I am so, so sorry. I can't...I can't believe that this is happening"

Jenny: "It took me a while too. But, as you already know, once you accept death and Heaven, there is nothing that you can't do. And I've come to terms with that. Even if I was taken too early, God had His plans for me, and His plans are the ones that matter"

Brandon: "How right you are. But why hasn't anyone informed myself or Anna about this? Anna is going to be devastated when she hears the news"

Jenny: "My family didn't want this to get too big. I think they were planning on calling Anna soon, I only wish it was before you had to see me like this"

Brandon: "It's okay Jenny, it's not your fault. You've done all you can. I assume that you have taken over as Anna's guardian angel?"

Jenny: "Yeah. I needed something to do. Anna was my best friend, it was my job to watch over and help her out when I was alive, and it's my job to do it while I'm not"

Brandon: "You have no idea how much that will mean to her"

Jenny: "You can't tell her anything Brandon. She can't know that I'm her guardian angel, or anything like that. She needs to find out on her own."

Brandon: "I know. But I also know that she will find out on her own, and it will mean the world to her"

Jenny: "Oh Brandon, I'm going to miss you and Anna so much. I still remember the day she went to find you. She was so scared. She didn't want to do it, she was too afraid that you would forget her, or reject her. She was all but out, but I helped her along. I told her that you would never forget her, that you would never reject her. I knew that she needed you back, and that you needed her."

Brandon: "And I never even got to say thanks"

Jenny: "You're saying it right now"

Tears were flowing down Brandon's cheeks. He wiped them with the sleeve of his shirt. He looked back at Jenny, who was crying too now.

Brandon: "I'll miss you Jenny. The world will miss you. Such a terrible ending to an otherwise perfect life"

Jenny: "Thank you Brandon. I love you. So much. I'll see you on the other side."

Brandon: "I love you too Jenny"

With that, a light flashed again, and Brandon was again standing alone in the empty hospital room. He wiped a tear from his eye, and turned around and walked out the door.

Brandon walked outside, where he saw Anna waiting for him, listening to some music. He smiled softly, and slowly walked over to the car and hopped in.

Anna: "So who did you have to see?"

Brandon: "Oh, just an old friend from my fighting days. He used to be a cutman, and now he's working in a real hospital. Pretty cool isn't it?"

Anna: "Yeah. It's a small small world"

Brandon and Anna drove back to their home. They walked inside, and Brandon sat down on the couch. He turned on the TV, and Nick Ridicule's face popped up on the screen. Brandon smiled, as Nick told him about this interview, and now he would finally get to see it. He turned up the volume, as Jim Rome began to talk to Nick.

Rome: "So it's true that you have officially retired from wrestling Nick?"

Nick: "You know Jim, some people say that you can never ever say never ever. But this is one of those things where I can quite distinctively say, never ever again will I wrestle. I've been through it all. I've fought wars that people will remember for lifetimes. I've carried an entire company on my back while it struggled to make it through. But recently there's been a change in me, and it's cost me a few fights. So I've decided to call it quits, because I have given everything that I possibly can to the sport of wrestling, and I have nothing left"

Rome: "You say that you've changed. Can you clarify what that means?"

Nick: "Well, when I used to fight, I never thought about anything. I would go into a fight with absolutely no thoughts. It helped me, because it meant that I had nothing to lose. I could go out there, put it all on the line, because in my mind, I had nothing at all. But the last few weeks of my wrestling career, I couldn't do that. I was unable to get rid of my thoughts, and in turn, was fighting safely, trying to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I was overthinking. And it cost me. I was not the same Nick Ridicule, and that's part of the reason I decided to hang it up"

Rome: "You say, not the same Nick Ridicule...?"

Nick: "I couldn't win, I couldn't even give the fans a show. That's not me. That's not what the fans deserve when they pay to see me. They deserve much much better. And if I can't give that to them, well then what's the point of me fighting at all?"

Rome: "You make a good point, but I think a lot of the fans want to see Nick go through adversity, to fight this and conquer. You don't think that people will view this as you turning tail and running?"

Nick: "I'm Nick fucking Ridicule. I've never run away from a fight in my life. I've been beaten within an inch of my life, and still found a way to keep going. I've lost plenty of matches, and I've come back and won plenty more. So when I hear people say that I'm giving up because it got tough, that just makes me laugh. I've never given up when the going gets tough, and I never will. I have nothing left to accomplish. I'm the greatest wrestler who ever lived, and there is no one who can take that from me"

Rome: "Do you think that we'll ever see you inside a wrestling ring again? Even if it's not as a fighter?"

Nick: "Well, I can guarantee that you'll never see me in the ring as a wrestler. But maybe, just maybe, you'll see me in that ring sometime. I've been talking with a great friend of mine, maybe you all know who I'm talking about. I'm not going to name names, but you should all know who I'm talking about"

Rome: "Well, we don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone, now do we. Anyways, we'll be right back after this break with more exclusive interview with the legendary Nick Ridicule"

Brandon turned off his TV and slumped in his chair. He hadn't talked to Nick about the manager thing in a while, but it seemed from the interview that he taped, that he was leaning towards it. Brandon wished that Nick would just let him know, rather than keep him waiting like this. Suddenly, Brandon heard a knock at the door. He hopped up and walked over towards the door. He saw Anna coming out of the kitchen, walking towards the door as well. Brandon opened it, and found himself looking at a very sad looking Mark and Marlene Wright, Jenny's parents.

Anna: "Mark! Marlene! What are you two doing here? Where is Jenny?"

Mark looked at Anna as Marlene burst into tears. Anna looked at Marlene crying, then back at Mark, who just looked at Anna. She stared at him, eyes growing wider, and Mark just nodded his head. With that, Anna erupted into tears and fell to the ground. Brandon ran over and caught her just before she hit. He fell to the ground with her.

Anna: "Nooooo! Nooooo!"

Anna was sobbing uncontrollably now. Brandon picked her up and motioned for Mark and Marlene to walk inside the house and over to the couch. Once sitting, Anna buried her head into Brandon's lap as she continued to bawl.

Brandon: "What happened?"

Mark: "Jenny. She was killed by a drunk driver three days ago. Out of nowhere. Her and two other friends, just walking home. You always hear about these things, but when they happen to you....."

Mark trailed off as he looked at Brandon. Both the women were still crying loudly, as Brandon tried to calm Anna down.

Brandon: "Anna, Anna, it's okay. Please, it's going to be okay"

Anna: "It won't be okay! My best friend! She's gone forever!"

She continued to cry as Brandon rubbed her back, calming her down

Mark: "Look, we really don't want to intrude for too long. We just wanted to tell you that the funeral is in two days, and we'll also be reading the will then. The two of you were named, so we hope you can make it."

With that, Mark helped Marlene to her feet, and together they walked out of the living room, and out the front door. Anna tried to stop crying and looked up at Brandon.

Anna: "How could this happen again!? First Zach, now Jenny?"

Brandon: "Life is a cruel world Anna. But what doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

Anna: "But we've lost two of our best friends. I thought I lost you. How will that ever make us any stronger? It just kills me inside"

Brandon: "I don't know. But I know for sure that it will"

Anna: "Come on Brandon, doesn't this make you sad at all?"

Brandon: "Of course it does. But I've come to accept death a bit differently than you have, ever since my death"

Anna: "But I've only ever had people die around me! It doesn't do anything but make me feel like shit!"

Anna burst back into tears and buried her head in Brandon's shoulder. Brandon held her tight to his chest, and rubbed her back, soothing her.

Brandon: "There there Anna. Everything will be okay"

------------ August 24th, 2011 ------------

Preacher: "We are gathered here today, to mourn the loss of a wonderful woman. One who was taken far too soon. She was a friend to many, myself included. It is a sad day indeed, to see Jenny Wright taken from this world the way she was"

Brandon held Anna's hand tightly as the preacher continued to talk. She was crying hard. Brandon felt like crying, but he needed to hold it in. He couldn't be one to show his emotions like the others around him. He knew Jenny through Anna. He wasn't amazing friends with her, but he felt for Anna. He knew how hard the death of a friend was, especially one like Jenny. She was to Anna what Zach was to Brandon. It was hard to see her go through the same thing as he did.

Preacher: "But we must remember Jenny, for all the good she did this world. And there was much of it. Forget the bad memories you have of her, and instead, replace them with one of the countless good acts that she did for this world"

Brandon couldn't listen to this preacher talk any more. Sure he was a man of the cloth, a holy one, but he knew nothing compared to Brandon. He had never been to Heaven, talked to God himself, been sent back to the world like Brandon was. But yet, Brandon was still not perfect, and he knew it. He had done some terrible things, and would likely do some more terrible things in the future. But Brandon knew that as long as he could forgive himself, than God would forgive him too. After all, he was only human.

Anna: "I can't take this any more. Can we leave?"

Brandon: "Of course"

Brandon slowly stood up. They were near the back, so they didn't disturb many people. Together they shuffled out of the church pew, and walked out the back doors, closing them slowly behind them. Brandon lead Anna to a bench, where they sat down together. She buried her tearful face in Brandon's shoulder. Brandon rubbed her back and tried to calm her down

Brandon: "It's okay Anna. Jenny's in a better place now."

Anna: "How can you be sure?"

She said this through tears, looking at his face with a sad look in her eyes.

Brandon: "Because I know it. I can feel her presence with us right now."

Brandon looked over to the corner of the room. Anna followed his gaze, but saw nothing there. Brandon shook his head and looked back at Anna.

Anna: "Can you see her?"

Brandon: "Anna, she's dead, I can't see her"

Anna: "No, but I mean, your connection with God or Heaven, or whatever it is you have. Can you see her?"

Brandon sighed.

Brandon: "Yes, I can see her"

Anna: "Can you talk to her?"

Brandon: "It's not an easy task, but yes, if necessary, I can communicate with her"

Anna: "Can you tell her something for me?"

Brandon: "What's that?"

Anna: "Just tell her, that, I love her. I always have, and always will. And that I'm going to miss her"

Brandon smiled and hugged Anna

Brandon: "The next time I talk to her, I'll be sure to mention that for you"

Anna: "Thank you. I just can't believe that she's dead."

Brandon: "Neither can anyone else. Death at a young age is always such a shock. It's impossible to ready yourself for it. Don't take it so hard on yourself."

Anna: "I know, it's just hard. I feel so bad, like, I don't know what to do, or how to keep going. She was my best friend. She kept me going through those tough years where I was alone"

Brandon: "I know. Come on Anna, listen to yourself. If there is anyone who knows what you're going through, it's me. I went through the exact same thing when Zach died."

Anna: "But Zach was so long ago. This is happening right now. How can you remember anything about Zach?"

Brandon: "Because things like this never go away Anna. People die every day, and we have to accept that. How often do you turn on the news and see a headline about someone being hit by a car? Every day. But it never happens to you, so you don't even think twice about it. But suddenly, you find out that it's happened to someone you know. And suddenly, you can't believe it. You can't understand why this is happening to you. It's just news when it happens to someone else, but its a tragedy when it happens to a friend. It's hard to deal with, but it's a part of life. We just have to accept that Anna"

Anna: "It's easy for you to accept. You've had your Heaven visions, and talked to God, or whatever it is that you've done. Meanwhile, I just sit beside you as you do everything that you do"

Brandon: "Anna, is there something else going on here?"

Anna: "Hmmm? No, nothing else"

Brandon: "Come on, I know you too well"

Anna: "No nothing's up"

Brandon: "Don't lie to me Anna. I know that there's something else. Tell me."

Anna: "Fine. I'm getting tired Brandon"

Brandon: "Tired of what?"

Anna: "We've been married for ten months. For the first three, we're your regular couple. Then, all the sudden, you tell me that you're in the army, and that you've got to go off to war. I get kidnapped, you abuse me, then save me, because apparently you were brainwashed. We come back from that, and you're never the same. You're depressed for two months, and start doing more drugs than I could even count. Meanwhile, I sat by, because I loved you. Then you die, and basically ruin my life. I sat in the hospital for two weeks, crying nonstop because I didn't think you'd make it. Then, suddenly, you wake up, and still, you hardly even notice me. Instead, it's all about your 'message from God'. Ever since Iraq, you've acted only for yourself. I've put up with it for long enough. And here we are today, my best friend is dead, and you're trying to make it about you and God again. Brandon, I'm tired of it"

Brandon: "What are you getting at Anna?"

Anna: "I don't know. I'm just voicing my frustrations. And they've reached a boiling point right now"

Brandon: "I think we need some time apart"

Anna: "Oh, YOU think so?! Well as long as YOU think so, then I guess I should just follow along, and do whatever you want!"

Brandon looked around, hoping no one was around. Anna was yelling now, and they were still in the church.

Brandon: "Anna, stop yelling, we're at a funeral"

Anna: "Yeah, my best friends! Why don't you come comfort me about it?! Instead of just sitting there, lecturing me on how I should be feeling. Because, get this Brandon, not everyone can handle their emotions the same way as you!"

Brandon: "I never said anything like that! You're making a scene Anna, let's just talk this over"

Anna: "You'd like that wouldn't you! I'm done talking about things with you Brandon. I'm tired of this every single day! Just leave me alone!"

As she said that, the doors of the church opened, and the congregation slowly filed out. Brandon looked around, as people stared at them. Brandon looked at Anna, who was visibly upset and angry. He shook his head, and turned and walked right out of the church.

Brandon quickly walked down the street, and hopped into his car. Anna could find a ride with any of her friends at the funeral. Besides, he was sure that she didn't want to see him again for at least a little bit. She was just upset, she was taking the death of Jenny really hard. She'd eventually get over it and call Brandon back to her.

Brandon drove down the road, and turned out into the country. He wasn't really paying any attention to where he was driving. Suddenly, he found himself pulling into the driveway of his old house. He looked around, remembering that he didn't live here any more. He slowly got out of the car, and walked over to the house. He wanted to look around. He could see the Fight the World arena towering in the background. Brandon remembered the fun he and Anna had had running that place. Even though it was short lived, Brandon wouldn't take it back.

He slowly walked up the front steps and knocked. Eventually, someone answered the door.

Man: "Can I help you?"

Brandon: "I used to live here. I was just in the neighbourhood. Mind if I look around?"

Man: "Wait a sec. You're Brandon Macdonald aren't you?"

Brandon: "That's me"

Man: "Yeah, of course. One condition"

Brandon: "Yeah, I'll sign something for you"

The man ran into a room, and came back with a framed picture of Brandon, holding his UFC belt for the very first time, after beating Chuck.

Brandon: "I've never seen this picture before"

Man: "I know. I took it when I was ringside. I might be your biggest fan"

Brandon: "I hear that a lot, so forgive me if I don't seem too excited"

Man: "I'll bet you do. Can I show you something?"

Brandon: "Sure."

Brandon followed the man into a small room. Brandon remembered using it as a trophy room when he lived here. He walked into the room, and was immediately taken aback.

Brandon: "Whoa"

The wall and shelves were covered with memorabilia of himself. There was a few other UFC-related things around, but most of it was posters, pictures, things of Brandon. There was a UFC belt hanging on the wall, with Brandon's name engraved into it, as well as a 20-0 etching into the main belt part.

Brandon: "How in the world did you get that belt?"

Man: "I won it in an auction. I remember watching that fight where you beat Randy. And may I add, what a fight it was. But I heard afterwords that they had made a commemorative belt for you to wear out to the octagon. But that you declined to wear it, because of the 20-0 scratched into it"

Brandon: "Randy is a good friend of mine. I would never disrespect him like that. I would never agree to wear that thing"

Man: "Right. So afterwords, I had a friend talk to Dana White, and convince him to put the belt up for auction. I won it, and it's been here ever since"

Brandon: "Wow. That's pretty cool"

Man: "I'm sure it'll be worth a lot some day"

Brandon: "Maybe. But I'm a wrestler now. I'm not sure if that would make the belt worth more or less"

Man: "Oh, but I know you'll be back. We all know. You obviously don't check any of your UFC messageboards online do you?"

Brandon: "Never. I have more important things to do"

Man: "We all have different importants. Anyways, that's all we ever talk about, is when you'll be back. You're still young, you're bigger, better, you could still kick some serious ass"

Brandon: "Maybe. But I'm not really interested."

Dana: "You sure about that buddy?"

Brandon wheeled around, and saw Dana White walking into the room. Brandon looked back at the man, and back at Dana.

Man: "Yeah, I may have lied when I said that it was a friend of mine who talked to Dana about that belt"

Brandon: "So you two know each other?"

Dana: "I see this guy at basically every UFC event. Seeing the same guy at that many events, talking to him as often as I did, we sort of became friends"

Brandon: "And it just so happened that I walked into this house, which I haven't lived at in over half a year, and you were here as well?"

Dana: "Just so happened? Didn't you get my text?"

Brandon: "My phone is broken"

Dana: "Oh. Huh. So you just drove up and walked in?"

Brandon: "Yeah, basically."

Dana: "Wow. What are the odds. I had heard that you were in Ottawa, so I called up Bill here, and he let me come over. I texted you, asking you to come over to talk about something"

Brandon: "Well, I'm here now. Let's talk"

Dana: "Excellent. Bill, if you wouldn't mind giving us some time?"

Man: "Of course"

Bill walked out of the room, and closed the door behind him. Brandon turned back towards Dana.

Brandon: "I'm not fighting again"

Dana: "Here me out Brandon. You don't even know the offer"

Brandon: "It doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen"

Dana: "Can you at least humour me?"

Brandon: "Only because we're friends"

Dana: "Good. Now you know that when you fought in the UFC, you were the most popular fighter in the world. Then you retired. You lost a lot of your star power with the UFC crowd. However, remember when you were doped up, and came and attacked me and the press?"

Brandon: "I actually don't, but I've heard about it"

Dana: "Right. Well the fans have been talking. Trust me when I say this. You've never been more popular than you are right now. Fans everywhere have been asking me if you're coming back, if someone is going to come and teach you a lesson about disrespecting me and the UFC"

Brandon: "You know I didn't mean it. And I apologized to you"

Dana: "I never said that that was what I thought. It's what the fans were saying"

Brandon: "Okay. I still know where this is going, and the answer is still no"

Dana: "Let me finish at least. Brandon. The UFC is offering you $10 million to come and fight one more fight in the UFC"

Brandon paused for a moment. Ten million dollars was a lot of money. No one in UFC history had ever been paid even remotely close to that amount, just for one fight. But who would he fight? He had beaten everyone in his weight class, and more than once.

Brandon: "Dana, there's no one for me to fight. I've cleaned out that weight class, and I don't want to fight Jon again."

Dana: "Again, you haven't let me finish. We've actually had quite the request about someone moving up to light heavyweight to fight you"

Brandon: "Well that'll be just an easier win for me. I don't think so Dana"

Dana: "Brandon, this guy hasn't fought in a while, but he's one of the most controversial fighters in UFC history. The fans would absolutely go nuts at this fight. Plus, he has the tools to beat you. Not saying that he's going to beat you, but he has the tools. And he's just plain good"

Brandon: "Still not interested"

Dana: "Brandon. That fighter is Chael Sonnen"

Brandon stopped. He turned back towards Dana.

Brandon: "Did you say Chael Sonnen?"

Dana: "I did"

Brandon thought. If there ever was a man that he had hated in his UFC career, it was Chael. He consistently undermined Brandon's wins, insulted him, and engaged in verbal battles whenever he could. It would finally be a chance to knock some sense into that asshole. But Brandon didn't fight anymore. But then again, he was the best. And he would always be the best. Besides, what kind of fighter ends his career with a loss?

Brandon: "Alright. I'll do it"

Dana: "Excellent! Believe me, you won't regret this. Joe or I will call you soon with more details"

Brandon nodded his head and turned around, walking outside of the room and outside of the house. He hopped into his car and drove back off towards the hotel that he was staying at. He was sure that Anna wasn't going to be with him tonight. That meant that there was something he could finally do.

---------------- Later that Night ----------------

*Knock Knock Knock*

Brandon quickly hopped out of bed and pulled some blankets around himself. He cleaned up some of the clothes on the ground, and walked over to the door. He opened it, and saw Anna standing outside.

Brandon: "Oh. What do you want?"

Anna: "I need to talk to you"

Brandon: "Come in"

Brandon led Anna inside the hotel room. He sat down on his bed, and she sat beside him.

Anna: "First off, I need to apologize for today. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, no matter how I was feeling. It was rude and ignorant of me, and I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in front of all those people"

Brandon: "It's fine, don't worry about it"

Anna: "Okay. Look, before I tell you what it is I came to tell you, you have to know that I always have, and always will love you Brandon. We were the best couple in high school, and after you left, I just couldn't move on from that. So I had to find you, and come back to you. And I did. And after our marriage, and all that we've been through, I still love you, but I can no longer say that it's the same love that I once felt for you."

Brandon: "What are you saying Anna?"

Anna: "Brandon, I'm so sorry, but, I want a divorce"

Brandon stared at her. He was surprised. He had not seen this coming from Anna. She was upset, yeah, he got that much, but he didn't think it was this big. Unless...unless there was something else

Brandon: "Come on Anna, you don't mean that. I mean, sure, it's been a little rough for you lately, but we can fix that. All couples go through things like that. We can fix it"

Anna: "No, we can't Brandon"

Brandon: "Sure we can. You're just upset right now. You haven't thought about this enough"

Anna: "I'm sure about this Brandon. I know what I want"

Brandon: "Anna. Please. You don't mean this"

Anna: "Brandon, there's someone else"

Brandon stared at her. Had he heard her correctly? Someone else. Anna was cheating on him?! He couldn't believe it. This was the LAST thing he expected from her. Anna had always been so loyal, she had always been there for him, even when he wasn't necessarily doing the same. How could she have been cheating on him. For how long? Who with?

Brandon: "C-cheating on me? Since when?!"

Anna: "Since June. It started as soon as I left you when you were on your drug run. I'm so sorry Brandon, I didn't want this"

Brandon: "But you did. Otherwise you wouldn't have done it"

Anna: "I just couldn't take it anymore! I needed someone who would actually listen to me, and take care of me, and treat me right. You weren't doing that, and you had left me. Once you got better, I couldn't just stop seeing him. I loved him, and I didn't feel the same way about you anymore. I'm sorry Brandon, but this is happening. And to be honest, I think this is good for us"

Brandon: "Good for us!? How is this good for me?!"

Anna: "Because it gives you the chance to explore a little bit. You're a guy Brandon, I'm sure you don't honestly only want to ever have one girl in your life. This is your chance to go and explore a little bit. Find another girl, maybe a few, I don't care. Just go have some fun. Don't let me hold you back any more. I'm sorry Brandon, but this is it. I've already filed the divorce papers."

Anna got up and began to walk towards the door. As she turned the doorknob and began to walk out, Brandon yelled at her.

Brandon: "At least have the decency to tell me who"

Anna turned back and looked at him with sad eyes.

Anna: "It's Chuck. Chuck Matthews."

With that, she closed the door hard, leaving Brandon staring at it in shock. Of course she would be cheating on him with the Sex Icon. Of course this would happen. Brandon actually started to laugh. This was one of the weirdest coincidences he could remember in a while.

Brandon: "Did you hear that?"

A woman walked out of the bathroom, holding a towel around her naked body. She was laughing too.

Girl: "Well this is going to be super awkward"

Brandon: "Did you like how I acted sad and such though?"

Girl: "Yeah, it was amazing. You had her fooled completely"

Brandon: "Yeah. Well, this is certainly going to cause some family tensions"

Ashley Matthews: "You're not kidding"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My my my, it has been far too long, hasn't it?

The last time I stepped into the ring, was what, a month ago? And it wasn't even a match. As I recall, I was knocked out of the ring by one SBK, who then did the same to my opponent Death-Angel. I actually didn't mind, because it gave me an excuse to not fight that night. But hey, let's go back even farther, shall we? To my last official match I was in.

I was fighting Ruben Ricardo Leon, in what would be his final match in the IWF. I knew it was going to be a battle. Of all the previous encounters that Ruben and I had been through, I had been victorious in all but one match. And the one where I was not victorious, I had just been through an extremely tough match against an extremely tough Jason Hawk, who also attacked me afterwords. Not only that, but I was so high on heroin that I literally died afterwords.

But the miracles of God brought me back to life, and there I was. Scheduled to fight Ruben one last time. I knew that this was going to be different. I knew that it wasn't going to be the same cakewalk that I had been through all those months ago in the NLWF. He may claim to have not, but I know that Ruben had still heard the whispers.

"He can't really beat Brandon, he got lucky"

"He took advantage of someone high enough to die"

"He barely beat someone who had just fought a very competitive match, and was attacked after. Not a real win"

While all of that may be true, I hold no opinion towards it. Ruben got the better of me, plain and simple. But with the people still doubting, he knew he had one last chance to defeat me, and settle all the debate. In his final match, I knew he would come out stronger than he ever had, with more determination than he ever had.

When I fought my final fight in the UFC, I fought it against Randy Couture, one of my very close friends. I had never beaten him before, and even though he was aging, I knew that he still had what it took to beat me. In that last fight, I knew that I was retiring after. I knew what was coming. Just like Ruben did. I knew that I had to win. How hard would it be to end your career with a loss, especially to someone you know so well. I went into that fight with more determination than I ever had before.

And I knew that Ruben would do the same. And sure enough, that is exactly what happened. Ruben defeated me, not in a convincing fashion, but not as close as I would have hoped. I did not put up enough of a fight for Ruben, and he took advantage of it. He beat me cleanly. I cannot explain it, I do not know why, or how, but I do know that he just plain beat me.

So after that, I decided to take some time off from the ring. Work on some things outside of wrestling. I had to talk to some people, I had to mend some friendships, help people work things out. Do my work for God. And I did all of that. I was becoming happy again. A feeling that I had not felt in quite some time.

Then I found out I was scheduled to fight the legendary Death-Angel at Heroes Also Die. It was a fight that I wanted none of, for many reasons. But I took it anyways, out of respect for Death-Angel. I had many other things going on that I still had to deal with. I was confused, I was stuck between Anna and Ashley, and it was growing harder and harder to keep it all a secret.

So after I was rudely interrupted by SBK, I decided that I didn't need this match, and left. I quickly caught a plane to Miami, so that I could be with Ashley for the night. I honestly was not thinking about wrestling at that point, and I just needed to see the woman that I truly loved.

But then I took the rest of the time from then until now off. I refereed a few matches, hung out around backstage a little bit. But I didn't have any real matches. I wasn't up to it. I knew I had my match against Corey and James for the IWF Championship in August at From the Ashes, so I was in no hurry to go out and risk an injury or anything. Some may call it scared. I call it strategy. There's no sense in risking anything when you have the option not to.

I've been working out, training hard with some of the best. But I've also been relaxing a bit. Before the summer season, I was just overwhelmed with the amount of wrestling and work I had to do. Even before the IWF was formed, I helped carry the NLWF/FTW promotion in it's dying days. Then I came back from war, and immediately began to run a brand new promotion. I ran it, and I also was one of the star wrestlers. Top that off with overdosing on heroin and dying, and I think that I deserved a little bit of a vacation.

Of course, I didn't completely go away. Since I am part owner of the IWF, I had to do some things here and there for the company. I dealt with all of the financial business, I made some deals here and there, I worked around stuff behind the scenes. I tried to not get too involved with the Board of Directors as much as I maybe should have, just because I didn't want them to try and rope me into wresting too soon. But I didn't abandon this company high and dry, like some others may think I did.

But now, we're here at From the Ashes. The biggest PPV of the IWF's calendar year. And I could not be more ready. I've never been happier in my life. I have the girl of my dreams, Ashley Matthews, beside me now, both in the ring and out of it. I've never been healthier going into a match, and I've never had as good a training camp as I did for this one. Corey Casey and James Shark aren't going to remember how good I am, or the way I fight. I'm going to take them by surprise, and just overwhelm them.

I don't even care about the ownership stakes on the line. Heck, being full time owner is just more work for me. But if that's what I get for pinning Corey Casey's shoulders to the mat for a three count, just like I did at Bloody Sunday, then I'll become a full-time owner. If that's the prize that comes with being the IWF Champion, than I'll gladly accept it any day.

James Shark. I've fought alongside you, but we've never fought against each other. This all changes come Sunday. You're about to learn first hand why I'm considered one of the greatest wrestlers in the sport today. Corey Casey, we all know how this one's going to end. The exact same way as last time, with me holding the IWF Championship, over your broken, defeated body.

Just like last time Casey. Just like last time.

Back to top Go down

The Mac is Back ;)
Page 1 of 1